Forum

Spyro: A Hero's Tail

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: A Hero's Tail > AHT Gnasty; Obfuscating Stupidity?
Page 1 of 1
AHT Gnasty; Obfuscating Stupidity? [CLOSED]
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#1 Posted: 20:39:18 28/09/2010 | Topic Creator
An analysis topic, first one in a long time! This analysis has also been seen by D555 before, so he need not look.

So yeah, over the period of this month, I've been looking into the psyche of our original big bad (who wasn't actually that bad, really). On first impressions, the AHT version of him seems to have really made the character into a dumbo, but this doesn't have to be the case. Here are two theories which suggest just how smart this guy is really acting.

Theory 1; He planned to betray Red once the latter exterminated the dragons himself.

This one is one quite a few of you have seen before. Basically, this one can be summed up by "The end justifies the means". He willing let himself become a subordinate to Red since he knew Red was planning to eliminate the dragons himself. In his eyes, getting rid of lots of dragons now and killing one later is easier and better than vice versa. So he waited for Red to sap the energy, conquer the world then planned to kill Red when his guard was down. Of course, this went down the pan when Red actually failed to do this so came to naught.

Yes, quite smart isn't it? But the second theory raises the stakes and puts some real forethought into it.

Theory 2; Gnasty wanted the Dark Gems, so played a Xanatos Gambit with all the dragons.

This one combines the continuity of AHT and SL into one. In this theory, Gnasty was aware that Red was just a pawn for another force. To take advantage of this, he again let himself become a subordinate. This time though, he didn't want to kill Red after he eliminated the dragons, that would just have been a slim chance bonus. Instead, he used Red to give him access to the Dark Gems in the form of the mines his own army dug up (Ineptune would not have known about them as she had no soldiers working on the task), then let Red fail and eventually heel face turn when Spyro freed him from the Sorceror. As Red would no longer be interested in using evil magic and instead teaching young dragons in the Dojo, this would give Gnasty sole control over the Dark Gems, and he'd be free to use them any time he wanted. So he waits...

Then again, I also like daft Gnasty, so I don't mind how he is. This is just for those who don't like him apparently being dumbed down (even though I feel that he wasn't that smart in the first place).
---
Eh.
Phantom Platinum Sparx Gems: 5241
#2 Posted: 06:41:49 02/10/2010
Wow. Good theory.
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
RubyWings91 Blue Sparx Gems: 738
#3 Posted: 14:18:02 02/10/2010
Those seem like things the original Gnaty would definitely be capable of.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#4 Posted: 20:53:52 02/10/2010
I reckon the first one would be more probable.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#5 Posted: 00:16:24 03/10/2010
Interesting theories.If they're true then I haven't given Gnasty nearly enough credit.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#6 Posted: 02:28:12 03/10/2010
Yeah, I thought he was dumb too.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#7 Posted: 23:52:18 03/10/2010
The first theory certainly seems plausible, and I believe in that one. The only reason I'm not as high on the second is because I don't think anyone knew Red was being controlled by The Sorceror the whole time. Heck, I bet the developers themselves never even knew it! smilie
It was just a twist made later on in SL to thicken the plot really. Red did seem to be acting of his own accord in AHT, but if he'd been noticeably brainwashed then AHT would have been a total blowout, so I'm all for the AHT-SL continuity.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me