First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
I wish Sparx stayed with Spyro and Cynder [CLOSED]
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#51 Posted: 02:32:13 21/08/2010
Why is everyone making such a big fuss?Really,Sparx isnt going to be replaced or taken out of the game.They just cant do that.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
Phantom Platinum Sparx Gems: 5241
#52 Posted: 04:48:07 21/08/2010
Quote: crazyspyrofan
Why is everyone making such a big fuss?Really,Sparx isnt going to be replaced or taken out of the game.They just cant do that.

But the've done so much already. Their evil is unstopable.
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#53 Posted: 05:26:45 21/08/2010
If they didn't care about Sparx, why would they add him in the trilogy then? Answer that. They're not going to replace him, don't overreact.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Paplok Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#54 Posted: 05:58:19 21/08/2010
Without our overreaction there wouldn't be any topic like this one smilie
Crashfan25 Ripto Gems: 496
#55 Posted: 10:15:45 21/08/2010
Quote: Aura24
If they didn't care about Sparx, why would they add him in the trilogy then? Answer that. They're not going to replace him, don't overreact.

They added him to the trilogy just to say
"Haha, F U, we're gonna put Sparx in the game only to shove him to the side and make room for this black/purple dragoness we created. IN YOUR FACE."
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#56 Posted: 13:02:59 21/08/2010

Probably because they couldn't just drop him like that.

If they're not going to replace Spyro's partner, then tell us..... Why did Spyro not return to Sparx immediately, and why weren't there any Sparx levels?
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#57 Posted: 13:47:22 21/08/2010 | Topic Creator
^ Exactly. Burned Lands and Malefor is no different to any other places they've been to. Heck Spyro let Sparx LEAD THE WAY into the destroyer, and there was lava and everything, much worse than Burned Lands. Then there was that lava level in ANB.... Cynder and all the bosses. They're all just as bad if you think about it. There was no reason what so ever to not let him come. Heck they probably did it so Sparx won't get between Spyro and Cynder's *gags* relationship.

Plus, Spyro seems to have forgotten about him. I mean, he says "You've left me nothing to fight for" at one point. Oh, sure, don't fight for your brother just because Cynder turned evil, and let Ignitus die for nothing.¬_¬

Also... I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but Spyro hardly ever talked to Sparx in DOTD, and every time he did, it wasn't very pleasant, besides the beginning. He pays his attention on Cynder instead... In ANB and TEN, he was talking to Sparx all the time.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
flyleaf Green Sparx Gems: 143
#58 Posted: 13:51:17 21/08/2010

I kinda have to agree.
they had to give all the sarcastic cracks to Sparx cuz thats his thing.
---
Just keep looking awesome...
#59 Posted: 13:51:31 21/08/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543
^ Exactly. Burned Lands and Malefor is no different to any other places they've been to. Heck Spyro let Sparx LEAD THE WAY into the destroyer, and there was lava and everything, much worse than Burned Lands. Then there was that lava level in ANB.... Cynder and all the bosses. They're all just as bad if you think about it. There was no reason what so ever to not let him come. Heck they probably did it so Sparx won't get between Spyro and Cynder's *gags* relationship.

Plus, Spyro seems to have forgotten about him. I mean, he says "You've left me nothing to fight for" at one point. Oh, sure, don't fight for your brother just because Cynder turned evil, and let Ignitus die for nothing.smilie

Also... I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but Spyro hardly ever talked to Sparx in DOTD, and every time he did, it wasn't very pleasant, besides the beginning. He pays his attention on Cynder instead... In ANB and TEN, he was talking to Sparx all the time.

There's 2 possibilities:
1. TLoS Spyro is an idiot.
2. TLoS Spyro is a dick.
#60 Posted: 13:55:50 21/08/2010
Quote: Crashfan25

There's 2 possibilities:
2. TLoS Spyro is a dick.

Agreed..... ANB + TEN Spyro didn't bother me, but in DOTD, he's an absolute jerk. Forget Ignitus, who's been with him all this time, his own brother even, his adoptive parents who didn't need to raise him and could have just let him die, go for the dragon in front of you - The female, who hasn't been with you anywhere near as long. UGH.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#61 Posted: 13:59:25 21/08/2010
Quote: Spyroo

There's 2 possibilities:
2. TLoS Spyro is a dick.

Agreed..... ANB + TEN Spyro didn't bother me, but in DOTD, he's an absolute jerk. Forget Ignitus, who's been with him all this time, his own brother even, his adoptive parents who didn't need to raise him and could have just let him die, go for the dragon in front of you - The female, who hasn't been with you anywhere near as long. UGH.

smilie"Spyro... I-Ignitus is dead... Sparx i-is gone... Your parents c-could be dead... E-everyone you've ever cared about might be gone..."
smilie"Well, **** them, I've got you now, babe!!"
smilie"...Freak."
#62 Posted: 14:00:55 21/08/2010
^ lol
---
#63 Posted: 14:01:31 21/08/2010
Someone should remind Spyro about an old saying: "Bros before hoes."
#64 Posted: 14:06:50 21/08/2010
Really people?I seriously think you are overreacting.The producers of DoTD are not evil masterminds that designed the game as their plan to ruin Spyro or anything like that.And Ignitus got plenty of attention, you all should remember what happened when he died.(Dark Spyro anyone?)
I also recall him talking to Sparx plenty.
---
#65 Posted: 14:10:03 21/08/2010
Really people?I seriously think you are overreacting.The producers of DoTD are not evil masterminds that designed the game as their plan to ruin Spyro or anything like that.And Ignitus got plenty of attention, you all should remember what happened when he died.(Dark Spyro anyone?)

We're not overreacting.

At the end of the day, Sparx WAS replaced with Cynder. Replacing a character doesn't always mean forever.

Spyro was too interested in Cynder in DOTD, that's all there is to it. And Spyro quickly forgot Ignitus when Cynder came over to him, which was a bit insulting.
---
#66 Posted: 14:12:20 21/08/2010

Of course not, the producers of ANB already achieved that. smilie
#67 Posted: 14:14:25 21/08/2010

We're not overreacting.

At the end of the day, Sparx WAS replaced with Cynder. Replacing a character doesn't always mean forever.

Spyro was too interested in Cynder in DOTD, that's all there is to it. And Spyro quickly forgot Ignitus when Cynder came over to him, which was a bit insulting.

I dont see how Sparx was replaced at the end considering that he and Spyro were miles apart.Spyro proboly got back to Sparx eventually but it just wasnt included in the ending.

Going on a flame fest over something like this is overreacting IMO.

I must have seen the game diffrent then you did.Cause the way I remember it was that he was sad about Ignitus dieing for that whole scene.
---
#68 Posted: 14:15:00 21/08/2010
Yeah...
---
#69 Posted: 14:19:12 21/08/2010

We're not overreacting.

I dont see how Sparx was replaced at the end considering that he and Spyro were miles apart.Spyro proboly got back to Sparx eventually but it just wasnt included in the ending.

I must have seen the game diffrent then you did.Cause the way I remember it was that he was sad about Ignitus dieing for that whole scene.

He was replaced because Sparx had been at every single boss fight in the series practically, then left out of the final one? Yes, that is considered replacing someone.

There wasn't a flame fest really, until people starting saying 'He wasn't replaced etc etc'.

He was, he changed into Dark Spyro, then Cynder comes along and all is well, let's carry on, etc.
I almost cried (!) when Ignitus died myself, then Cynder just spoilt the whole thing. There needed to be more emphasis on Spyro's relationship, even if it was just a few flashbacks.
---
#70 Posted: 14:23:16 21/08/2010

We're not overreacting.

He was replaced because Sparx had been at every single boss fight in the series practically, then left out of the final one? Yes, that is considered replacing someone.

There wasn't a flame fest really, until people starting saying 'He wasn't replaced etc etc'.

He was, he changed into Dark Spyro, then Cynder comes along and all is well, let's carry on, etc.
I almost cried (!) when Ignitus died myself, then Cynder just spoilt the whole thing. There needed to be more emphasis on Spyro's relationship, even if it was just a few flashbacks.

Yes,Sparx wasnt in the final boss fight,it was part of the storyline.Whats the big deal?He will still be in future games Im sure.

Im not flaming.

The Ignitus death scene was very sad I agree.Who knows?Maybe there will be a future game that will take place after DoTD and they will focus on the death of Ignitus a little more.
---
#71 Posted: 14:24:18 21/08/2010

Yes,Sparx wasnt in the final boss fight,it was part of the storyline.Whats the big deal?He will still be in future games Im sure.

Im not flaming.

The Ignitus death scene was very sad I agree.Who knows?Maybe there will be a future game that will take place after DoTD and they will focus on the death of Ignitus a little more.

STOP TORTURING ME ALREADY, PLEASE!! WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS? OH, THE PAIN, THE PAIN...
#72 Posted: 14:26:26 21/08/2010
The big deal is that it was the final one - They had come all that way together, to leave him out. If it was just a regular battle, it wouldn't matter, but the big finale?

Maybe, but Cynder's interference (or support, really) should have come a bit later. Spyro needed a bit of time to reflect, rather than pushing it so quickly. Like I said, a quick flashback of when he first met Ignitus, and the times when Ignitus was so proud of Spyro - That would have made all the difference to some.
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#73 Posted: 14:27:14 21/08/2010

Plus, Spyro seems to have forgotten about him. I mean, he says "You've left me nothing to fight for" at one point. Oh, sure, don't fight for your brother just because Cynder turned evil, and let Ignitus die for nothing.smilie

no i don't think sparx was forgoton beacuse he left with the moles so techaly sparx did leave also of couse sparx is going to return i notied that the three remsning gurdians and sparx were looking up in the sky like they knew somthing or watched somthing,,,,,,,
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#74 Posted: 14:29:45 21/08/2010
@Spyroo Maybe they thought Sparx already had enough popularity so they wanted to build up Cynder's reputation some.I dont know.

@Crashfan I didnt know you were allergic to TLoS.
---
#75 Posted: 14:37:23 21/08/2010
i sense a flammig coming on
---
#76 Posted: 14:41:13 21/08/2010
What the heck's a flammig?
#77 Posted: 14:43:30 21/08/2010
flame war......
---
#78 Posted: 14:45:22 21/08/2010
...I've never heard of the word "flammig". Honestly.
#79 Posted: 14:47:07 21/08/2010
smilie .....
---
#80 Posted: 14:49:06 21/08/2010
[User Posted Image]
_____
#81 Posted: 15:55:07 21/08/2010
It means digital insults that have no point and are immature.
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
#82 Posted: 16:01:13 21/08/2010
I know what "flame war" means, but I've just never heard the term "flammig". smilie
#83 Posted: 17:45:19 21/08/2010
Isn't this a pink bird? Flammingo? xD
GlitchGirl Green Sparx Gems: 256
#84 Posted: 18:06:56 21/08/2010
I actually felt that spoilt the game too.... Getting rid of Spyro's oldest friend, just to shove SxC down our throat. Ugh.

Arent you taking things out of context there?I dont think the producers were trying to shove anything down our throats.When they put Cynder's"I love you" line in there they proboly had no idea how far some fans would take it or all of the fights it would cause.

Well at the end of the day, why get rid of Sparx then? We've got Ignitus' 'death' scene where Cynder is all Spyro has, then the finale..... Spyro needed Sparx as a friend. All of a sudden, he feels alone, has nothing to fight for, etc..... Yes, they did force that pairing onto us, otherwise Spyro would have at least mentioned Sparx.

Ya know, you're kinda right. They did sorta force the pairing..... because when Dark Cynder said; "Fight back! Why won't you fight back?" And Spyro replied with; "Because you've left me nothing to fight for...." I was like; "Wait, what!? You've got Sparx! What about him?!" So, I partially agree with you, they did force the couple on us abit.
---
Heart the Warp Dragoness <3
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#85 Posted: 18:21:08 21/08/2010
Guys, just don't start a flame war please. This is getting out of hand, with the LoS hating and all.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#86 Posted: 00:24:16 22/08/2010 | Topic Creator

Plus, Spyro seems to have forgotten about him. I mean, he says "You've left me nothing to fight for" at one point. Oh, sure, don't fight for your brother just because Cynder turned evil, and let Ignitus die for nothing.¬_¬

There's 2 possibilities:
2. TLoS Spyro is a dick.

Lol yeah. xD
---
#87 Posted: 00:27:15 22/08/2010
Guys, just don't start a flame war please. This is getting out of hand, with the LoS hating and all.

This isn't even close to a flame war. Has anyone actually been offended yet?
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
#88 Posted: 00:31:25 22/08/2010 | Topic Creator
@Spyroo Maybe they thought Sparx already had enough popularity so they wanted to build up Cynder's reputation some.I dont know.

@Crashfan I didnt know you were allergic to TLoS.

Oh yeah, sure. Lets take out Sparx, because he has been in the Spyro games too long, and lets replace him with Cynder, who has hardly been in the games. And lets make Spyro fall in love with her just to satisfy all thoughs young n00bs out there, even though he hardly knows her! ¬_¬

Also, I don't see any flame war. No one isn't insulting anybody. We're just saying our opinions, and why we believe we're right.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:35:37 22/08/2010 by DarkCynder_543
#89 Posted: 01:42:15 22/08/2010
yes spyro did say youve left me nothing to fight for........beacuse sparx left!
---
pie1 Blue Sparx Gems: 774
#90 Posted: 12:26:36 22/08/2010
Spyro only did what he did because he CARED about sparx and didn't want him to get hurt or be part of certain death he might encounter. He DIDN'T WHAT HIM TO DIE!!! Even if sparx would have lived Spyro didn't want to take the chance.
---
Oh it's not cheating! It's creative stratagy!
#91 Posted: 12:31:14 22/08/2010
Yeah, but he wanted to take chance in Destroyer (Sparx was used by Spyro as a torch...), in Floating Islands, Golem levels, Convexity... Is one stupid Ring of Fire more dangerous than Convexity? Than Destroyer? HUH? Spyro just left Sparx behind, cause it's impossible that in this moment he realised, how much his mission is dangerous.
#92 Posted: 12:36:59 22/08/2010 | Topic Creator
^ He went through many things, like LEADING THE WAY INSIDE THE FREAKING DESTROYER, Skab and his cannonballs, Steam, that lava level in ANB, Gaul, Cynder.... He let Sparx come with him without any hesitation.

And if he did care about him, then he wouldn't of said, "you left me nothing to fight for". Yep, he didn't want to fight for his brother, for the hunter and the guardians, for everyone, just because Cynder, a dragon he hardly knew, turned evil. And he didn't even think that if he didn't want to fight, then Ignitus would have died for nothing.
---
#93 Posted: 12:40:16 22/08/2010
He left Sparx behind and continued his journey with Cynder, like in Lord of the Rings Frodo left Sam and continued his journey with Gollum.
Only, that there were no treason, no Shelobe, no Sparx's returning to help etc.
It's a large reference to Return of the King, isn't it?
pie1 Blue Sparx Gems: 774
#94 Posted: 12:42:23 22/08/2010
He only didn't take it with Malefor, the evil, big, powerful dragon. (even though he was easy to beat) but in the story line he didn't want him to face someone THAT dangerous.
---
Oh it's not cheating! It's creative stratagy!
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#95 Posted: 13:36:14 22/08/2010
come to think of it why did they have to go and face Malefor anyway?I mean that wouldn't stop the Destroyer from blowing up the planet...if the story was like that they had to kill malefor in order for him to stop controlling the destroyer therefor the destroyer 'shutting down' or something then it would make more sence...Even Ignitus said theres no more that can be done.So why bother going to confront malefor when it would accomplish nothing?
can anyone explain this to me?
#96 Posted: 13:37:33 22/08/2010
Quote: Kimbia28
come to think of it why did they have to go and face Malefor anyway?I mean that wouldn't stop the Destroyer from blowing up the planet...if the story was like that they had to kill malefor in order for him to stop controlling the destroyer therefor the destroyer 'shutting down' or something then it would make more sence...Even Ignitus said theres no more that can be done.So why bother going to confront malefor when it would accomplish nothing?
can anyone explain this to me?

I think I have an answer:

EVERYONE ARE IDIOTS.
#97 Posted: 14:07:38 22/08/2010
Quote: pie1
He only didn't take it with Malefor, the evil, big, powerful dragon. (even though he was easy to beat) but in the story line he didn't want him to face someone THAT dangerous.

He'd faced every other danger, so why not the big finale? Sparx would have tagged along anyway, he always does normally.
---
#98 Posted: 14:17:25 22/08/2010
even spyro said "the air is to thick" imagane wut it would be like for sparx
---
#99 Posted: 14:58:07 22/08/2010
He still would have come along, he's a persistent little guy.
---
#100 Posted: 15:12:25 22/08/2010
youre right
---
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me