Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > Spyro Legacy: Shadows in the Dark
Page 1 of 1
Spyro Legacy: Shadows in the Dark [CLOSED]
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#1 Posted: 05:14:04 18/07/2010 | Topic Creator
Okay, for those of you who read my Spyro Legacy Saga, I'm making a fan fic about it but I changed it, a lot...

Prologue
The Celestial World was in it's age of peace which had been going for around twelve and the Guardians chose their new fire Guardian, Ixen. A new dragon named Velocity had wondered into Warfang. She was a new breed of dragon never seen to the world before; the Silver Dragon. Like the Purple Dragon, they can master four elements and are born every 10 generations. Velocity was 25 years old, like Spyro and Cynder, so she was born in the year of the dragon as well (dragons can live for thousands of years, so 25 is still counted as childhood for dragons). Her parents were ambushed by apes and her egg was left in shrubs. When she hatched, she was alone and she learned how to hunt and survive herself. Velocity was stranded in an ancient forest just outside Warfang. When Spyro first saw her, he asked her to join their friendship. Velocity accepted.
But nobody knew of a new evil that was rising, not even Ignitus, the new Chronicler. The evil creatures habited an ancient Dragon Temple in the Lands of Malefor known as The Dragon's Eye Temple. In there they could see the good creatures through a crystal hole in the wall. These creatures were known as Night Crawlers and had a twisted nature of ambushing dragons in the middle of the night. The Night Crawlers had a leader that was even more dark and twisted than themselves. He had been trapped in Convexity for around 200 years and then recently 12 years by the Purple Dragon Spirits. The Night Crawlers brought him back through the portal that Cynder used when she was evil. They were planning something dark and twisted, who will rise up and stop this darkness?

Chapter 1: The Journey Begins
At the Dragon City, dragons were going missing through the night. One night, Cynder went missing too. All the dragons were scared now, some even turning nocturnal. The Guardians held a meeting outside the Dragon Temple in Warfang.
"Citizens of Warfang," announced Ixen. "As you know, there has been recent attacks leading to the capture of our fellow dragons. We have to pick two heroic dragons willing to go on a quest to stop this evil. Us Guardians have selected Spyro because he saved the world many times, so he must go with another dragon."
"I'll go with him," said Velocity as she stepped out from the crowd.
"Young dragon, are you sure you want to go on a life threatening quest in order to save us?" asked Terrador, with a worried look on his face.
"If Spyro's going, so am I!" she replied with a confident look on her face.
The two dragons started their quest. They were about to step into the ancient forest surrounding Warfang until they heard a buzzing noise. Coming out of the Warfang gates was Spyro best friend who seems like a brother, Sparx.
"Hey, I'm not letting you go without me this time!" yelled Sparx as he flew to catch up with Spyro and Velocity.
"Sparx, I thought you were staying with Flame and Ember..." said Spyro.
"No way, I'd rather stay with you and go on another dangerous journey," replied Sparx, scratching the back of his head.
The trio walked into the Ancient Forest, watching their step, knowing dangerous creatures lurk in the shrubs and treetops. The grass was lush, green and very long. It grew up to Spyro and Velocity's knees. The plant's leaves were a shade of light green and the ponds and rivers were a silvery-blue colour. Sparx looked behind himself to see a shaking bush.
"S-Spyro, that b-b-b-b-bush is shaking," he said leaning upside-down into Spyro's face. Spyro and Velocity turned their heads and saw nothing shaking.
"Sparx, it was probably your imagination." sighed Velocity.
"But I saw--" Sparx was cut off by Spyro.
"Velocity is right, you're so scared that you're imagining things that aren't even happening..."
Sparx sighed and asked, "Velocity, can I rest in your hood?"
Velocity nodded and looked at Spyro, "Is he always like this?"
"Pretty much," replied a cold Spyro. "This place feels cold, don't you think?"
"Yeah, probably because the trees are blocking out the sun's rays." replied Velocity, looking up at the treetops.
They continued on walking through the damp grass and found a little billabong. There was not a movement on the water's surface, it was peaceful. Spyro and Velocity peered down below the surface and saw two water lizards swimming in a circle, one black and the other white.
"Reminds me of a ying-yang," said Velocity. "This must be a sacred pool."
"Yeah, it must be. We should rest," replied Spyro with a soft voice.
"Oh, you think your so smart," laughed Sparx. "Where will we rest then, eh?"
Spyro looked around but saw only trees and long grass. He came across a big tree with a hollow in it. Spyro shrugged and pointed to it.
"Pst, that's nothing!" smirked Velocity smartly. "Look what I found!" She uncovered a hidden tunnel hidden by some bushes and vines. Spyro and Sparx looked at each other and walked inside.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
BEST FAN EVER Gold Sparx Gems: 2194
#2 Posted: 07:14:24 18/07/2010
nice smilie Good beginning, but if you want a bit of good advice ya need to make the prologue more of a foreboding lead on, rather than an explanation.

p.s yes Im back lol and I've posted more on my story
---
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.
#3 Posted: 07:55:19 18/07/2010 | Topic Creator
Thanks and thanks for the tip too. smilie

So reading your story!!! smilie
---
I draw stuff.
cynder2000 Gold Sparx Gems: 2277
#4 Posted: 17:40:17 18/07/2010
Nice!It's good so far!
---
(Avatar made by CinderLover!smilie)
"In a dog-eat-dog world, we lose part of our humanity."
I'm still here, but I'm mainly invisible...
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#5 Posted: 19:42:27 18/07/2010
Very good.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#6 Posted: 01:40:35 19/07/2010 | Topic Creator
Thanks everybody! smilie

Velocity's Elements: Light, Blaze, Water, Unknown (not found yet)
Velocity's Fury: Silver Convexity

Chapter 2: The Hidden Cave
Spyro, Sparx and Velocity walked slowly into the cave, for fear of traps. Sparx lit up the passage a bit and they could see markings on the walls. In some parts there were picture-stories, Draconic Writing even markings on dragon's scales. Spyro saw the markings on Cynder's scales on these walls. What did it mean?
"S-S-Spyro," shivered Sparx. "This p-place is f-f-f-freaky and-and cold."
"Stop your whimpering, Sparx," sighed Spyro.
They walked on, looking at the walls. There became more and more Draconic Writing and Spyro really wanted to know what it meant.
It read:
Wer Vutha Darastrix ui wer darkest adon di tikil darastrix species vucat ekess darastrixkind. Asta Atonus Powers re whedab. Wer throdenilti common Relgim Vutha Darastrixi xlfye ui Sjach. Astahii klae nomeno wer cause havoc vur slip onureth dosi vur ifniri ios drekim noticed. Vutha Darastrixi vur Sililos Darastrixi re wer ergriff darastrixi yscik ekess nif wer obsule ekess Convexity. Vutha Darastrixi klae nomeno ekess gain asta vers. Huena Vutha Darastrixi re exposed ekess wer Whedabra, astahii re yscik ekess xlfye vrrar Whedab Relgimi. Vutha ternocki shafaer vi darastrix ui vi Chikohk.
"What does it mean?" asked Spyro.
"This is Draconic Writing, written by the ancients themselves. I saw Draconic when I was younger so I can translate it," replied Velocity. "The Black Dragon is the darkest form of any dragon species known to dragonkind. Their Elemental Powers are dark. The most common Element Black Dragons harness is Shadow. They use this to cause havoc and slip under walls and doors without being noticed. Black Dragons and Purple Dragons are the only dragons able to open the portal to Convexity. Black Dragons use this to gain their power. Once Black Dragons are exposed to the Darkness, they are able to harness four Dark Elements. Black scales on a dragon is a Curse."
"What, Cynder isn't like that, right?" worried Spyro.
"Sure, she tried to kill us at that lair of hers. DON'T TRUST HER. ANCIENT DRAGONS KNOW ALL!" yelled Sparx, he was sure Cynder was evil from the start.
"Well," said Velocity. "I've never seen her like this when I was with her. I don't believe it's a curse. All the Black Dragons were probably dark back then. Dragon species change over time, SPARX."
"Well, excuse me..." spat Sparx.
"Guys, we need to find a place to rest," said Spyro as he started walking.
"Why don't we just rest here?!" Sparx pointed to the ground.
"No," sighed Velocity, shaking her head. "We need to find a better spot." She continued, rolling her eyes.
The trio continued down the thin passage, determined to find a good resting spot for the night. It wasn't the nicest of places either. The floor was damp, there were dragon bones and skulls scattered around and it had a rusty smell. They kelp walking on, the cave seemed endless.
"Ah, my wings are tired!" complained Sparx. "Can I rest on your horn?"
"Fine, okay..." replied Spyro.
"Sparx, think of our legs," whined Velocity.
Sparx flew onto Spyro's horn and made himself comfortable. Soon after that, Sparx fell asleep. Spyro was thinking of Cynder, could she really be evil?

Spyro and Velocity soon came to a wide part of the cave. There was a river flowing through it on the left side which came through a different tunnel. This part was lit up by a purple crystal at the back of the cave. Moss and vines grew in this part and there were no skulls or bones in here at all. In the middle of the stone floor was a big picture of a dragon's head carved into it's hard surface. The dragon picture also had this symbol on it's forehead:
[User Posted Image]
"That symbol, I've seen it before!" remembered Velocity. "I saw it in the forest before. It's the symbol for Spirits!"
"Spirits, this must be Ancient Spirit Cave I've heard of from Ignitus," said Spyro. "It is said that who ever steps foot in here, even once, can contact the Great Spirits and any other dragon still alive today."
"Hey," said Velocity as an idea popped into her head. "We can contact Cynder and maybe if she knows where or what she's in."
"Yeah, but for now we should get some rest..." yawned Spyro. He then fell asleep on a bed made out of leaves.

Sparx woke up through the middle of the night and saw that Spyro and Velocity were asleep on a bed of leaves. He went to go look around the chamber to make his own bed on a mossy rock near the purple crystal. Sparx had found some sticks near the river and made a barrier around the rock's edge so he doesn't fall off. He got in the bed and had a quick look around. Sparx saw something in the darkness of the chamber that they came from. His eyes stared at the two red eyes staring back at him. The creature then pounced out of the darkness, revealing itself. Its body resembled that of a wyvern's and it had four long spikes on its head. The creature was about the size of a small dog. There were sharp, blade-like spines all together on its shoulders and the back of its neck that could be picked off and thrown like a throwing knife. It only had two legs and its paws were on it's wings. It snarled at Sparx as he pinned him on the wall.
"AHH, GET OFF!!!!!" Sparx screamed with fear.
That scream got Spyro and Velocity up from their sleep. They saw the dark creature with Sparx.
"Let go of my friend!" snarled Spyro. He charged his Electricity and threw the creature in the water. Velocity brought it back out with her Water and sealed it in a big water drop. The plan was for the creature to drown. Suddenly everybody heard the sound of rush water from the upper end of the tunnel where the river was coming out from. The creature started to squirm in the water drop and broke out. Nobody noticed because they were to focused on the noise. Water then started crashing out of the tunnel and flooded the cave. Everything in the cave was pulled through the river tunnel at the other. Not even Spyro and Velocity could escape the great power of the rip...
---
I draw stuff.
#7 Posted: 03:02:41 19/07/2010
Nice!
---
BEST FAN EVER Gold Sparx Gems: 2194
#8 Posted: 04:16:49 19/07/2010
Good Work smilie Awaiting next (posted more on my book)
---
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.
#9 Posted: 07:26:43 19/07/2010 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the nice comments everybody! smilie

Chapter 3: Out and Away
Everything inside the cave was being carried out through the bottom river-tunnel because a flash-flood. It was hard to get to the water's surface and get one breath of air because of the powerful force of the rip. Spyro, Sparx and Velocity were running out of air and were tiring out from the swimming.
"How 'bout we just stop swimming at let the current take us?" Velocity suggested with the last breath she had.
"Okay," replied Spyro, running out of breath as well.
Sparx sped past the two dragons. They looked behind and saw the black wyvern-like creature chasing after Sparx. The creature was gasping for a breath as well, but not as badly as the other three.
They needed air, NOW!

I have an idea... thought Velocity as she used her Water Element to form a bubble around herself, Spyro and Sparx. They finally got a breath and were breathing very heavily. The creature started to scratch at the bubble, trying to break it open to get a breath.
"Hey, thanks Velo," said Spyro. "That was smart!"
Sparx had to admit it as well, "Yeah, ah, thanks." He blushed as he said it.
"I can't hold it much longer though," Velocity tried to speak. "It's consuming all my energy..."
"Well, lets just hope we'll get out of this tunnel soon," sighed Spyro.
These walls also had markings on it. Could this have been a tunnel the ancients walked in before it was flooded? Why are there so much markings on the walls? Ancients couldn't have been that engrossed with dragons and spirits!

It had been ten minuets and the exit still hasn't shown up. Velocity was loosing her energy and the creature was a whisper from death. The bubble was starting to get weaker and the creature was succeeding.
That's it, I can't let Velocity run out of energy! thought Spyro. He let out some of his energy and a green beam went into Velocity's chest. This gave her the extra energy she needed.
"Thanks Spyro," Velocity smiled as the bubble got stronger again. The creature was fed up.
Why didn't I think of this before? it thought as it swam away.
Spyro, Sparx and Velocity thought that it gave up and went faster to get to the exit in time. How they were wrong. It clung onto the the wall of the tunnel and waited for the bubble to pass. The creature got one of its spikes off its back and got ready to throw it. As they passed, the creature threw the spike and it hit the bubble and Velocity in the chest. The water poured in the bubble and Velocity felt the projectile in her chest and the bubble immediately popped. Velocity grabbed the spike and threw it out of her chest and her warm, red blood poured out of the wound. Spyro saw Velocity in pain so he grabbed her and put her on his back, ready to swim as fast as he could to get to the exit. Though the creature was successful in it's plans, it fainted from lack of oxygen and flew off with the current. Spyro swam as fast as he could with Velocity on his back and Sparx hanging on to his tail. That would be hard. When will the exit come up? Spyro swam and swam but he started to get tired. He looked at his tail and saw that Sparx had gone, he looked over his shoulder to see Velocity passed out on his back. This made him want to pass out too. Spyro was really tiered now. His lungs were about to explode. He couldn't take it much longer. Spyro passed out as well, his lifeless body flowing along with the river.

Spyro woke up to find himself on a river bank. He wasn't in the Ancient Forest anymore. This place was barren, nothing was in sight except for dirt the shade of gold, dragon bones and the river. Velocity and Sparx weren't with him either. Spyro walked down stream to try and find his two friends. He found Velocity caught on a log in the water. He picked her up and laid her down on the river bank. Some water was splashing on her chest. Spyro put Velocity on his back and started walking to find Sparx. He walked on and saw the black wyvern-like creature with Sparx in its paws, about to eat him.
When will this thing give up?! thought Spyro as he quickly, but carefully, put Velocity down and ran towards it. He turned into the Earth Boulder and squashed the black creature, being careful not to squash Sparx. Once Spyro got off, the creature whined and finally flew away. The only question was, what was that creature anyway?
"Spyro, where's Velo?" asked Sparx as he got up. "Oh and thanks for the rescuing!"
"That's what friends do. And Velocity is over there," Spyro pointed to Velocity lying on the ground.
"Is she okay, she has a nasty sore on her chest."
"Yeah, the blood stopped flowing though, we need to cover it still..."
"Well, that's just lucky then."
"What, why?"
"Look what that creature wrapped me in!" Sparx pulled out a big, long leaf.
"Great Sparx, lets go put it on."
Spyro walked over to Velocity and carefully lifted her up. He covered the wound with the long leaf and tied the ends onto her coat.

Velocity was still asleep and they had to move. The sun was setting and there were dark storm clouds heading their way. If they didn't move, the terrors of the storm would hit them at 7:00 a.m.
---
I draw stuff.
#10 Posted: 15:33:46 19/07/2010
Nice! But wait, wouldn't you die if you were stabbed in the chest? I'm pretty sure you would die instantly from that.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:04:31 19/07/2010 by Fireball
#11 Posted: 18:22:49 19/07/2010
Nice job!Keep up the good work!
---
#12 Posted: 09:38:52 20/07/2010 | Topic Creator
Thanks, I'll post more in tomorrow if I can.

Quote: Fireball
Nice! But wait, wouldn't you die if you were stabbed in the chest? I'm pretty sure you would die instantly from that.

Well, she got hit in the opposite side and her chest scales are pretty tough. Most dragons' are.
---
I draw stuff.
#13 Posted: 14:03:31 20/07/2010
Cool!I hope you can post!
---
#14 Posted: 14:22:42 20/07/2010
Quote: Bolt
Thanks, I'll post more in tomorrow if I can.

Quote: Fireball

Well, she got hit in the opposite side and her chest scales are pretty tough. Most dragons' are.

Oh, okay.
---
#15 Posted: 02:52:20 26/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Sorry for the loooooong wait. I went on holidays...
Oh, and I kinda changed my mind about Velocity, no give-aways though.

Chapter 4: The Storm
As Spyro woke up, he saw the storm clouds forming above his head. Sparx was looking at Velocity, she was still asleep, well that's what they thought anyway.
"Sparx, a storm is coming. We have to move," said Spyro with concern in his voice.
Sparx looked at him an replied, "What if we get caught in it? And how will we carry Velo?"
"I'm going to have to carry her, and we shouldn't fly or the wind will likely carry us away. You can sit on my horn." Spyro paused, looking at the clouds. "We have to move fast."
Sparx settled on Spyro's horn, Spyro got Velocity on his back and quickly started to walk. If he ran, Velocity would fall off and they would waist more time. They group of friends headed East, away from the storm. The only down-side was there were mountains in their path. They would only slow them down. It was a risk Spyro was willing to take.
A wind picked up a few minutes later. It wasn't all that strong though.
"Spyro, will you be able to carry her with this wind?" asked Sparx.
"I hope so, is she still breathing?" replied Spyro, concerned about his friend.
Sparx crawled along Spyro's back and tried to feel her breathing. Sparx looked up at Spyro and shook his head. Spyro flet a rush of sadness run through his body. Is she really dead?
Suddenly the wind stopped. This was a bad sign. The storm was brewing and Spyro and Sparx felt a light drizzle.
"It won't stay that way for long, it'll pick up," worried Spyro as he started walking faster. They got to the mountain's foot. Spyro had no choice but to climb up it. He started for a little nook on a ledge in the mountain, about ten leagues above them. It was their only choice if they were to live.
The rain started falling heavier and a strong wind picked up.
"This isn't turning out good," hesitated Sparx, looking behind himself.
Spyro was strained, talking would only waste his energy. He only nodded. They heard thunder in the distance.
"We have to hurry!" yelled Sparx.
Spyro started climbing with more speed and strength. He got halfway up, but got very tired and by now he slowed down. The wind got stronger and the rain pelted down.
"I can't keep this up," said a weakened Spyro.
They were two meters away from the nook.
"Come on man, we're almost there!" reassured Sparx.
Velocity opened her eyes. She saw herself being carried up a mountain by Spyro. She saw he was exhausted.
"Grab on to me," she yelled as she started climbing to the ledge.
She reached it quite quickly and they scurried inside.
Spyro couldn't believe his eyes, "You're alive?!"
"Hardly," replied Velocity.
The three found a spot to rest. Even though it was the morning, Spyro fell asleep very quickly. Sparx flew over to Spyro and had a nap. But Velocity stayed up, thinking about things. She knew she was going to die, being stabbed in the chest and wasting her last bits of energy climbing up a mountain. Will the world fall into chaos, loosing their loved ones and being held captive by the evil beings doing their master's dark bidding? So many unanswered questions, she thought, slowly drifting to sleep.
Some of the dark creatures gathered around the nook when they heard the trio were there. Their plan was to get Velocity and kill her. One snuck in and slowly moved towards her. It got her tail with it's teeth softly and started to drag her out, trying not to wake her up. It got out to join the others, phase one complete. They flew off over the mountain top to a secret lair.
---
I draw stuff.
Aura Dragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#16 Posted: 17:52:01 12/12/2010
This story is really interesting boltsmilie

I really like itsmilie
---
Story status- Skylanders: The Forgotten Elements- Chapter 11 is up ~ End of all Hope- Done

~Watch the Power of Aura~
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me