Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Non-Spyro > Song of Fire (An original story by ME!)
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Song of Fire (An original story by ME!) [CLOSED]
Tahreh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1101
#1 Posted: 00:44:54 07/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Read and tell me what you think!

Prologue

The elders stared at the newborn, a little girl with scorching red eyes and orange hair. She was crying, her tiny fists balled up. Every time her fists hit the ground, a flame shot into the air.

"Fyre's daughter has been born," the first elder murmured.

"She is the last, Lighte's son was born last week," a second said.

"Fyre, Watyr, Ayr, Darke and Lighte, all within a year of each other. It is a sure sign that Cosmo has returned," rasped the oldest elder. They all turned to him, time etching at his face, "And if he has returned, the entire world is surely doomed."

Fyre stormed through the elders to catch a glimpse of his new child. He saw her and breathed a sigh of relief.

“Congratulations, you get what you want, and I’m stuck with another daughter,” sneered a voice behind him. Fyre turned and saw the spiky blue hair and stormy green eyes that belonged to Watyr,

“You know everyone seems to get what they want. Darke and his son, Lighte and his son, Ayr and his pretty little girl and you with the child you have been wanting since the elders started killing your sons, and what do I get? ANOTHER STINKING LITTLE BRAT!!! And her mother won’t stop hounding me. All she ever does is toss the kid in the ocean, expecting me to take her!”

“Ahh, but Watyr, maybe this girl will surprise you. Sometimes, daughters are better than sons,” said Ayr, holding his daughter. The elders gasped.

“YOU CAN’T BRING HER HERE! TAKE HER BACK TO HER MOTHER THIS INSTANT!!” they all shouted and Ayr waved his hand and a bassinette made of clouds appeared. He lovingly set his daughter in it and gently blew it from the clouds. Then a streak of black appeared and out crawled a baby with jet black hair and purple eyes. The elders smiled.

“Come here little one,” said one of the elders, to which the baby obliged, crawling his way to the throne. An older man appeared, darkness billowing at his feet. He saw his son crawling across the throne room and immediately ran over and scooped him up.

“I’m sorry my elders, his mother summoned me last night, and he must have, well, I don’t know, but I swear it won’t happen again!” Darke said, but the elders laughed.

“Come now Darke, you don’t expect us to kill him do you? No, we summoned him here to see how the eldest of the Five is shaping up,” one chuckled. Darke seemed to relax and set him down. The toddler stood up, holding onto his father’s robes, sucking on his thumb. The elders nodded, murmuring amongst themselves for a moment, before the boy plopped back down and crawled over to the newborn girl, who was still sitting in the middle of the room. The elders watched as the child sat down and tried to pick up the girl. Fyre tensed, but Ayr held him back.

“Just wait and see what Darke’s boy does,” Ayr whispered and Fyre said,

“If he drops her, I swear I will blow something up, I just got her, and I’m not about to lose her,” Fyre said through his teeth. The child however did not drop her.

“It is time for the children to receive their names,” one elder said.

“My son shall be named James,” Darke said.

“My daughter shall be named Kierstyn,” Ayr said.

“My daughter shall be named Sierra,” Watyr said. A jet of light shot in and a man with blonde hair and glowing yellow eyes appeared.

“Sorry I’m late. My son shall be named Skyler,” Lighte said, and Fyre walked to the center of the room and picked up his daughter.

“My baby girl’s name shall be Kayda,” he said, looking into her deep red eyes, smiling.

Let me know what you think! (:
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:59:16 07/06/2010 by Tahreh
Pinkdesi101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1276
#2 Posted: 00:56:35 07/06/2010
i like it! Keep going! smilie
---
...is this supposed to be my signature?
#3 Posted: 01:06:22 07/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Okies!

Chapter One

Kayda looked around the classroom. Mr. Mo droned on about the Big Bang, while the clock continued at a steady beat, Tick... Tock... Tick... Tock. She started tapping her fingers on the desk, watching her nails turn red. She stopped and looked at the clock, 2:59pm. She squeezed her eyes shut and silently counted down the seconds until summer, 5... 4... 3... 2... 1! The bell rang, and the classroom of sixteen year olds stood up and ran around in circles, kissing boyfriends and girlfriends, hugging their best friends, and throwing their binders, papers and all, in the garbage. They were no longer under the threat of a detention; they could do as they pleased. Mo had no control over the group of teenagers who were longing for the summer. Kayda got her stuff together and walked out of the classroom to get what remained in her locker out. Her best friend, Lily, came running up, her shrill scream filling the hall. Kayda was locked in Lily's infamous death-inducing hug.

"We did it! We survived another year of high school!!" she screamed, making Kayda go temporarily deaf in her left ear. Lily let her go and took a deep breath. She then said, "And guess who's having a start of the summer beach party," then she squealed, "JASON TREVON! And he invited me! So I'm inviting you!" Kayda shook her head, "Lils, I'm going home. I'm going home and I'm going to sleep," she replied and Lily gave her a stern look. "Kay, Kay, Kay, KAY! No person on Earth would turn up this party! C'mon Kayda, pleaaaaaaaase!" Kayda knew that Lily would never shut up about this, so she nodded and Lily jumped up and down squealing. "I'll pick you up at seven!" she squealed, taking off to go squeal with other girls.

Kayda went home and got dressed for what seemed to be the party of the century. She signed on to her Facebook and updated her status, "Going out to a party, hopefully it will be a blast!" Lily pulled up and honked from her car. Kayda rolled her eyes, still not sure why she was going, and grabbed her bag. She ran out and jumped in the car and they were off.

Lily pulled up to the beach house and Kayda jumped out of the car. They walked up, listening to the music that was pumping from the house. The door was open and people were dancing and eating. Lily instantly started dancing, but Kayda went outside to the bonfire. A few boys were out there, throwing things in and watching them burn. She sat down in the sand, a chilling breeze blowing from the ocean. The sun was setting over the water, and stars were peaking out, one by one. Soon, nearly everyone was out by the fire, and Kayda went inside, feeling claustrophobic. There were a few people in there, eating, talking, and doing whatever they felt like. Soon a boy, probably about Kayda's age, came up to her.

"Hey, I'm Comet, what's your name?" he asked, and Kayda replied,

"Kayda. Have I seen you before?" This boy was oddly familiar, but she couldn't remember ever seeing him.

"I can't say you have, I moved here yesterday, but the neighbor invited me here," he replied. They started talking until Lily came up and said that the fireworks were getting ready to be set off. Comet went outside to watch, but Kayda stayed inside, looking for something to do. Her eyes strayed to some candles.

"I wonder," she started, grabbing one of the candles. Faint images reeled through her head of when she was little, her tantrums setting things on fire. She snapped her fingers above the candle wick. A spark shot into the air. She clapped, a few more sparks shot in the air. She then touched the wick, just to see what would happen and it lit up.

"That's so cool!" she nearly shouted. She heard the fireworks going off over head, and the shouts of OOH and AHH. Soon it was nearly midnight, and everyone started filing into the house for a movie. Kayda offered to make the popcorn, while everyone started fighting over a place to sit. The popcorn was nearly done when someone screamed from the other room. It sounded like Lily. Then someone shouted,

"FIRE!" Kayda ran out into the living room and saw the curtains on fire, and the flames were slowly making its way to the ceiling and walls. People started throwing water on the curtains, but it only seemed to get worse. Kayda seemed to stand there, trying to think of a way to put it out, when they all turned to her.

"You were playing with the candles when we came in!"

"She must be trying to kill us!"

"Oh my god! Kayda how could you?!" Then the house started to creak, as if it was about to give out. Everybody started to run out of the house, but Kayda couldn't move. She could no longer see, but something wrapped around her hand. It was another hand.

"C'mon! I need to get you out of here!" a voice shouted, and suddenly, she was being pulled out of the house, which crumbled seconds later. The person kept pulling her, until they were far away from the crowd of people.

"You're a master of fire right?" the person asked, and Kayda shook her head,

"I'm just a kid who knows how to light a match," she replied. The person shook his head,

"You're coming with me," he said, shoving her into a car.
lBobessed Yellow Sparx Gems: 1832
#4 Posted: 01:29:33 07/06/2010
sis i love it !
#5 Posted: 01:32:28 07/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Thankies, I've been sending Eira it, and have like eleven chapters saved on my laptop, but the thingy is mean and won't let me post it all at once. T.T
#6 Posted: 01:33:16 07/06/2010
im sorry sis. *frowns*
#7 Posted: 01:38:25 07/06/2010 | Topic Creator
I found Chapter Two so...

Chapter Two

Kayda sat in the passenger seat of the car while the boy sped off. She glared at him. She watched the speedometer reach 70, then 80, and soon it was at 120.

"Who do you think you are?" she shouted, and he turned to her, and she finally got a good look at him. He had dark black hair that reached his chin and purple eyes. He looked like he was sixteen or seventeen.

"I'm James, that's who I know I am," he replied, sarcasm stinging his voice. Kayda couldn't help but smile, sarcasm always made her feel better. He turned his head back to the road and then took a sudden left, straight into the forest surrounding the town. They drove along a path, until they reached what seemed to be a dead end. James told Kayda to get out, and she obeyed. The car seemed to melt into the air, vanishing in a puff of black smoke. James walked up to the mountain that blocked their way, and touched it, and part of it disintegrated, leaving a gaping hole in the front of it.

"Come," he said, walking in.

"This should be freaking me out, cars and mountains disintegrating, but oddly enough, it's not," Kayda said to herself, following him. They walked further and further into the cave. It got darker and darker, until she could finally see a light. They got into the room, and Kayda could see that she wasn't the only one living there. Two other girls were there, and one boy lingered in the hall. James clapped his hands together.

"Everyone, come and meet Kayda, the master of fire," he announced and they got up and walked over. The first girl had white hair and airy gray eyes.

"Hello, Kayda, I'm Kierstyn," she said, "I'm the master of air," she finished. The second girl had long blue hair and sea green eyes.

"Hey, I'm Sierra. I'm the master of water," she said. The last was a boy who had hair that was shorter than James'. His hair was bright yellow hair and even brighter eyes.

"I'm Skyler, master of Light," he said and James asked that we all sit on the couch.

"I'm sure that you have been wondering why we are all gathered here. It's because of our parents. All of us have a father who originally mastered one of the five elements. Long ago, before the Earth was created, there were six men. They all took part in creating the universe. Fyre and Watyr created the planets, Fyre making the core and general shape, Watyr cooling it, making the continents and oceans, and Ayr making the atmosphere. Darke and Lighte created day and night. And Cosmo, created space. They all took turns, creating planets and stars. But soon, they started to fight. Cosmo broke away from the original six, thinking that he was the greatest. He started a war with everyone, causing many catastrophic things to happen on their beloved Earth. The dinosaurs going extinct, the Ice Age, and many other things. Cosmo finally died not to long before humans started to settle down and start civilizations. But his dying words were, "I'll come back and seek my vengeance." Ever since then, the elders have been monitoring the activity. They have said that when the children of the original five are born within a year of each other, it is a sign that Cosmo will have returned," he said, pausing a moment before continuing,

"And considering I'm only older than Kayda by nine months, I think we can be sure that Cosmo has returned, in one shape or another. That's why we need to train, we need to practice our skills and make them stronger," he finished. Skyler raised his hand and James called on him.

"Yes, that's all fine and dandy, but what if we don’t want to fight?” he asked. James’ purple eyes turned to him and scorched into his soul.

“Now is not the time, I don’t care if you have a girlfriend or not, if you want her to live to see her 21st birthday, I suggest you fight,” James said, and Kayda could sense tension between the two boys.

“Just because every girl rejected you because you were an emo freak doesn’t mean you can interfere in your cousin’s personal life,” Skyler retorted, and Kayda saw Kierstyn and Sierra leave. She followed them.

“What’s up with those two?” she asked, catching up with them. Kierstyn turned to her, her eyes dark.

“James and Skyler are cousins. Their mothers were sisters, so they sent them to the same school and what not. Skyler got all the girls, and they treated James like he was dirt. The only reason James knew about this was because the elders told the oldest master what was going to happen. James is almost a year older than you, and you are the youngest, making him the natural leader. It was the same way back then, except Cosmo was the oldest, so he always knew what was going on. But I think that James needs to lay off his cousin. Skyler just lost everything he held dear. Lighte was known for freaking out when something changed. Darke went with the flow, like James,” she explained.

Kayda was intrigued, “How do you know so much about this stuff?” she asked and Sierra spoke.

“I would expect that it is obvious, Ayr loved his children more than any of the others. Watyr didn’t care about me. He doesn’t even try to help me when I practice,” she spat, her arms crossed.

“What about Fyre? Does he care about me?” Kayda asked, suddenly afraid that she wasn’t wanted.

“Of course! All Fyre wanted was a pretty little girl! Up until now, he’s had sons, all of them bringing shame to their father. They couldn’t control their powers. They were called pyromaniacs, arsonists, and even mentally unstable. They burned until the elders stripped them of their powers. But does my father want me? NO! Watyr wants sons, not daughters!” Sierra shouted. Kierstyn placed one of her hands on Sierra’s arm, calming her.

“Let me tell you what James wasn’t told,” she said, taking them to her room.
#8 Posted: 02:15:17 07/06/2010
me likey!
---
#9 Posted: 02:21:38 07/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Thankies! The next chapters might get a little boring, (as I've said, I've written up to chapter eleven already) but bear with me, you won't regret it!

Chapter Three

Kierstyn sat down on her bed, and sighed. Sierra leaned against the doorway, scowling. Kayda sat on the floor.

“James was told the basic legend, but what was failed to be told was their personalities, who they got along with and all sorts of things,” she started,

“First, we’ll start with Darke. Darke was layed back, calm, easy-going. He rolled with the flow. He can make things appear out of thin air, using his powers. He’s most active at night and very cranky during the day. Next, the second oldest, Watyr,” she paused, letting Sierra growl.

“Watyr was known for being understanding,” she started and Sierra mimicked her,

“Watyr was known for being understanding. Understanding what exactly! All he does is whine about how mortals pollute his creations and complain about the fact that Fyre gets all he wants! Fyre wanted a daughter and got one, Watyr wants a son and all he gets is a lousy girl!” Kierstyn silenced her with a glare.

“As I was saying, Watyr was known for being understanding when he wants to be. Watyr was always called the spoiled one. He, like Cosmo, thought that he was the greatest, but wasn’t so pig-headed that he started a war about it. He normally didn’t care about his children, and rarely had them. When at his strongest, he can heal any wound with water,” Kierstyn said, pausing to take a breath.

“The next oldest is Ayr. Ayr was known as the one who could vanish. When fighting broke out, Ayr disappeared for a long time. It is believed that was when his first child was born. He loved all of his children. He mourned deeply when one died. He is also known for marrying mortals and living with his children. He can conjure up tornados and strong winds with the snap of his finger.” Sierra rolled her eyes,
“And if he loves you so much, then why have you never met him in your entire life? You’ve only seen him in dreams! Face it Kierstyn, the elders are feeding you lies!” Kierstyn glared at her again and said, “My father doesn’t lie!” Sierra once again rolled her eyes and scowled. Kierstyn continued,

“Where were we? I believe Lighte is next. Lighte was the perfectionist. He would never be happy unless the world was all in perfect order. He was also very violent when things weren’t perfect. He and Darke were total enemies, which is why James and Skyler can’t get along. Lighte can create blinding light, making him have the unfair advantage in fights. He is cranky at night, and perfectly content to spend the day lying in the sun,” Kierstyn said, when Skyler suddenly butted in.

“Oh, you’re not feeding those lies to the others are you? I can’t blind anyone, I’m perfectly fine at night, and James and I don’t get along because he thinks he knows everything!” he argued. Kierstyn shrank into the corner, as if she was trying to disappear. Kayda looked at Skyler, and saw his scowl.

"Skyler, my father wouldn't lie about this, don't call my father a liar," Kierstyn murmured, a tear rolling down her cheek. Skyler's scowl eased, and James walked in.

"Hey, I'd hate to break all of this up and what not, but if you want to eat, we need someone to go and get some food," he said, holding a set of keys in his hand. Kayda looked at him and snatched the keys out of his hand.

"Depends, what kind of car is it?" she asked.

"1971 Corvette," he replied.

"You coming?" she asked.

"Sure," he replied and led the way out of the mountain.
#10 Posted: 02:58:57 07/06/2010
intresting...
and i added to my warriors story...
---
#11 Posted: 03:07:16 07/06/2010
CAN I BE A CHARaCTER SIS?
#12 Posted: 03:10:17 07/06/2010 | Topic Creator
I've already written most of it, sorry... Kayda and Sierra are like a combination of me, Eira, and you...

Chapter Four

Kayda was still curious about all of the things that were going on. She climbed into the driver’s seat of the Corvette, and started the engine. James climbed in next to her and they drove off.

“You’re confused, aren’t you?” James asked, “Kierstyn thinks she knows everything, but she doesn’t. The only way you will ever get straight, true facts, is if your father comes and tells you. I doubt Ayr has been talking to her, but she likes to show off, worse than my cousin. And don’t take anything Skyler says personally, he thirsts for attention. And Sierra will confuse you, there’s no doubt in my mind she will try and fool you. I hate to say it, but, you can only trust yourself when dealing with us,” he said, and shrugged. Kayda continued driving, and didn’t say a word.

“What’s wrong? I sense that you are stressed,” James said.

“You rip me from everything I know to stuff me in the loony bin? You all think that you are masters of darkness and water and everything else! You all are insane! I am not a master of fire. I’m not a master of anything!” Kayda shouted. James flinched and pointed at her hands.

“Look! Your hands are turning red! If you get any madder, flames would most likely erupt from your hands!” James shouted and Kayda took her eyes off him and stared at her hands.

“They’ve always been that way, completely normal,” Kayda said her voice shaking. James rolled his deep purple eyes.

“Kayda,” he breathed, “You’re not normal, and you’re being just as difficult as Skyler is. Just accept the fact, and wait and see if your father has anything useful to say,” he finished and made her stop the car. Kayda shut her eyes and took a deep breath and switched seats in the car. James drove the rest of the way to the store, and the car ride was silent.

When they arrived back, Sierra and Skyler were sitting on the couch watching a news show. It had Lily being interviewed.

“You see, Kayda didn’t have many friends, and I had lost a bet with my friends, so they forced me to ask her if she wanted to come to the party. Biggest mistake of my life.” Lily said, and the reporter asked,

“When did she start acting odd?”

“Well, right when we came in. I went off to have fun, and she went and sat outside, alone, by the bonfire. Then when everyone came outside, she went inside and started talking to this one guy named Comet or something like that, she never introduced me to him. Then I saw him come outside to watch the fireworks, and she stayed in. My boyfriend, Travis, says he came in and saw her playing with a couple of candles. We didn’t see any of them when we all came in to watch a movie, but she went into the kitchen and that’s when I noticed the fire on the curtains. The candle was near one, and we couldn’t get it to go out. We all ran out of the house, but I didn’t see Kayda. We think she went out the back door though, because we heard a car driving away on the beach,” she answered, and the reporter turned to the camera.

“The police are still looking for Kayda Simpson, wanted on three charges of arson, if you have any information on her whereabouts, please call your local sheriff’s office,” she said and Skyler turned to Kayda.

“Well, if it isn’t our own personal pyromaniac. What will you burn next?” he said, a smile on his face.

“Your face,” Kayda said, laughing. James burst out laughing and Sierra rolled her eyes, suppressing a smile.

“The reporter chick said three counts of arson, what else did you burn?” Kierstyn asked.

“That judge lied. He said that I would never hear about those charges again!” Kayda shrieked.

“Kayda, just tell us,” James said.

“When I was little, I found a match on the ground, and I took it
to my daycare teacher. Later, during naptime, the room caught on fire, and it started near my mat. The authorities figured that I had more than one match and set the room on fire. I wasn’t charged, per say, but the cops never forgot about it. Then, about three years ago, I was staying at my grandma’s house and Gramma and I got in a fight. Then, later that night, Grandma’s room caught on fire and,” Kayda paused and swallowed, “Well, she died,” Kayda took a deep breath, and continued, “I served for that one.” Skyler didn’t’ seem to have anything to say, neither did anyone else.

“And finally, the day after they let me go, the center was torched, and they stuffed me right back in. No questions asked, not even a trial, they just figured that Kayda, being the serial arsonist, did it to seek revenge on the justice system. And, since I wasn’t charged when I was four, the beach house makes my third charge of arson,” Kayda finished. The room was silent, except for the television set droning on about a beautiful weekend. Then the reporter came back on and they turned to watch.

“An end of the school year beach party gone wrong. Early this morning a group of teenagers watched in horror as the beach house they were partying in was engulfed in flames. Kayda Simpson is a known arsonist, and it is believed that she did all this damage. I’m here with Lauren Simpson, Kayda’s mother. Now, tell me, do you believe your daughter did this?”

“My daughter did not do any of this,” Kayda’s mom replied.

“Does she not have multiple charges of arson on her legal record?”

“Kayda has a bad habit of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but she is not a criminal,”

“I understand Kayda’s father doesn’t see her very often, do you think that is a reason that she would act out like this?”

“Kayda’s father has nothing to do with this, but yes, he has never laid eyes on her. Kayda never said anything about it, so I never brought it up,”

“Do you think she survived the inferno?”

“I know she survived, a certain guardian angel owes her a lot,”

“Have you had any contact with her since yesterday afternoon?”

“No, but I’m confident that she is okay, and with good people, wherever she is,”
#13 Posted: 03:32:06 07/06/2010
Kierstyn
i wanna be her
#14 Posted: 03:53:05 07/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Trust me, you don't!

Chapter Five

They stared at the TV, shocked at Kayda’s mother’s interview. Kierstyn came over to pat Kayda’s shoulder sympathetically. James stared at the screen, along with his cousin, but Sierra rolled her eyes and said,

“Honestly, you’re mom puts way to much faith in you, you disappear and she’s positive you’re with good people? What if it wasn’t James, but some bad guy who kidnaps you and does bad things to you?” she asked, staring directly at her.

“She doesn’t worry about me much, I’m a second degree black belt, I can do some serious damage,” Kayda replied. Everybody seemed to inch away slowly, “I wouldn’t use it on you!” she shouted, and they all seemed to sigh with relief.

“Well, now what?” Skyler asked, taking the bag of chips and opening it, “Ooh! Barbeque flavored! Kayda should like this!” he shouted, taking a chip and passing the bag around. Kayda smiled and took a chip, passing the bag to Kierstyn. Kayda looked over and saw James in the hallway with his back turned to them. She walked over and saw him talking to a man that looked like James, just older.

“Father, do you have any advice? I don’t know what to do! Sierra’s being stubborn, refusing to even try to use her powers, because she’s heard that Watyr doesn’t want her. Skyler, well, he’s being Skyler, and Kayda seems to be in denial,” he said to the man, who smiled and put a hand on James’ shoulder.

“James, there’s a reason for everything. Maybe if you got to know them better, they would open up. You saw them out there, watching TV and laughing with each other. Maybe you could have Kayda teach hand to hand combat, and Sierra and Kierstyn can make water twisters. And Skyler is going to need personal training from his father, as will you,” the man said, smiling, “Which means you can spend more time with me and Skyler. Deep down, you’re family, even if you deny it, you are,” he said. James nodded.

“Thank you father. Before you go, do you think you can talk some of the others into visiting?” James asked. Kayda perked up. Darke looked past his son and said,

“I’m sure they would enjoy it, seeing as some of them haven’t seen their children since they were born,” Darke said in Kayda’s direction. Kayda hadn’t realized that Darke knew she was eavesdropping, but she nodded gratefully. She went off to the couch, to see how many potato chips were left.

Later that night, Kierstyn showed Kayda her room. It was red; with lava gushing threw tubes in the wall, giving the room its light. There were lava lamps everywhere, and the bed was done in red and orange tye-dye. There was a bookshelf with books on martial combat, how to build a fire and other useful things to help with her powers, along with some of her favorites from home.

“Skyler thought it would be nice for you to have something from home, so he went there and found those books on your bed and got them. He’s not as bad as he seems, but he is having trouble with the transition. It was his idea to put lava lamps in though,” Kierstyn said, “If you think it’s offensive, you can take them down.”

“No, no, I like them,” Kayda said, before she picked up one of her favorite books and sat down to read in her bed.

“If you need anything, Sierra is in the room on the left, and I’m two doors down. James normally leaves at midnight and is back around six, but Skyler will most likely be in the living room or the kitchen until he gets back,” Kierstyn said walking out of the room. Kayda read for a while, before she realized something. James was out practicing, why shouldn’t she? She looked through the boxes and found candles. She looked around and touched the wick. A flame sprung to life.

“Good, now pick the flame up,” echoed a voice in her head. She pinched the flame, and it jumped to her hand, growing bigger.

“Excellent, now find something to put that flame on, a fireplace or campfire preferably,” the voice commanded. Kayda looked around. She saw an opening in the wall and realized that it was a fireplace. She walked over and put her burning hand on the wood. The flames leaped from her hand to the wood. She examined her hand, and it was the same color as it normally was. Then, suddenly a whoosh came from the fireplace. She turned and saw a man stepping out of the fireplace. He had chin length orange hair and Kayda’s own scorching red eyes.

“There’s my little girl! Come on, give me a hug!” he shouted. Kayda smiled and hugged her father.

“There you are, yes, yes, that’s my girl. How are you?” he asked.

“Great! But,” Kayda said, “Everyone seems to be telling a different story about everybody, I don’t know what to believe,” she finished. Fyre smiled.

“Kayda, there is one thing you must know. The only one to believe around here is you. You never know who is working against you, until they try to kill you,” Fyre said, the smile disappearing. Kayda nodded.

“That’s pretty much what James said,” she admitted.

“James is wise beyond his years, a sometimes Darke joke around saying his teenager is forty,” Fyre replied, “But seriously sweetheart, you can’t trust anyone, not even James. We trusted Cosmo, and look where that got us,” he said seriously, the laughter gone from his eyes, “I must warn you, Cosmo can come back and take form of any mortal, baby, child, teenager, adult, or senior, but most likely teen or adult. Trust no one, be wary of every man or woman on the streets, paranoia may one day save you,” he murmured in her ear, his breath hot and smoky.

“Dad,” the word felt odd on Kayda’s tongue, “How long to we have until Cosmo shows himself?” she asked.

“Sweetheart, I can’t honestly say I know,” Fyre replied, “But I do have a present for you!” He whistled and Kayda could hear barking. A plume of smoke appeared and a large wolfhound emerged from it. He was smoky gray with eyes that looked like smoldering embers.

“This is Arizona,” Fyre stated, “and he is your new dog. The cool part is that he can help train you, in some ways. He can be set on fire, because he’s a firewolf, so you can use him for target practice,” he finished. Arizona sat next to Kayda, and when she reached down to pat his head, small embers shot up. Arizona affectionately licked Kayda’s hand, and James walked in the room. Fyre looked at him and said,

“James, I haven’t seen you since the naming ceremony, my you look like your father. Is it already six? Well, I guess I should be going, I wouldn’t miss watching Skyler train for the world!” Fyre said, rubbing Arizona’s head and kissing Kayda’s forehead good-bye. He stepped back into the fireplace and was gone in a flash. James looked at Arizona, intrigued.

“He gave you Arizona? That’s like his most prized possession. My father never gives me anything,” he said. Kayda shrugged.

“Yeah, well, I think he’s trying to make up for lost time or something,” she said and James nodded.

“I’m heading off to bed, I’ll be up at about noon when Skyler gets back,” James said, walking out of the room. Kayda shut the door and climbed into her bed, letting Arizona sleep at the foot of her bed.
#15 Posted: 04:02:15 07/06/2010
but but but i wanna be her!
#16 Posted: 04:12:36 07/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Fine, but don't complain when you see Chapter Ten!

Chapter Six

Kayda woke the next day to Skyler storming around, yelling at James.

“You know I worked my butt of this morning, and I’m not about to go and work again!” Skyler shouted.

“You have to! Kayda’s going to try teaching hand to hand combat this morning!” James shouted back.

“Kayda’s doing what exactly?” Kayda asked, walking into the living room with Arizona at her heels.

“Morning sleeping beauty!” Skyler shouted, and James looked at her.

“You said you have a black belt, so you’re teaching us hand to hand combat,” James replied. Kayda shook her head.

“Uh, no, not going to happen, Kayda doesn’t teach anyone squat. There’s a reason I’m not an instructor at my academy, and that is I get so frustrated with people I either beat them into a pulp, or fry them to a crisp. Most people prefer to not be a pulp or a crisp,” Kayda replied.

“Fine, not today, but tomorrow, we need to know this stuff if we are expected to beat Cosmo,” James replied then turning to Skyler, “But you still need to train, the elders told me that you need practice.”

“Oh, sure, you’re not making your girlfriend practice, but you’re forcing me to. I sense someone being racist!” Skyler shouted, his hands getting brighter and brighter.

“I’m the racist?! I’m the racist?!” James shouted back, his hands turning darker and darker. Kayda knew an all out war was about to happen.

“YOU NEED TO GO OUTSIDE IN THE SUNLIGHT!” she shouted, pointing her finger at Skyler, “AND YOU NEED TO GO FIND A DARK CLOSET SOMEWHERE!” she shouted, pointing at James, “NOW SEPARATE!” Arizona added a growl for good measure. They both marched off, grumbling to themselves. Sierra came up behind her.

“I got to give you props kid, I’ve never seen them listen to either me or Kierstyn, especially when they get mad like that,” she said. Kayda turned to her and shrugged.

“I’m pretty sure it was Arizona that freaked ‘em out more,” she said, scratching the dog’s ear. Sierra glanced at the dog and then walked into the kitchen. Kayda followed, wondering what exactly Arizona ate. Sierra turned the faucet on and grabbed a glass to fill up with the water.

“I see your father visited you,” she said curtly. Kayda knew this was a touchy subject for Sierra.

“Yeah, but he didn’t tell me anything important. Just that Cosmo can be anyone at anytime. Not even an I love you or anything like that,” Kayda said, “But I got volunteered for hand to hand combat trainer,” she said, trying to change the subject.

“Yeah, well, maybe that’s something I can do without my father making me mess up,” she said, taking a sip of water, and screwing up her face as if it was sour. She threw the glass down and shouted at the puddle, “YOU HAD TO GO AND MAKE MY MORNING DRINK SOUR! YOU MUST REALLY HATE ME! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I DID TO YOU, BUT HATING ME BECAUSE I’M A GIRL IS SOME REAL SEXIST ATTITUDE MISTER! I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHY I TRY TO PLEASE YOU! ALL I EVER GET IS SOUR DRINKS AND COLD SHOWERS!”

“Sierra, calm down,” came Skyler’s voice, “it’s not the end of the world,” he said, his voice lashing at her.

“You’re one to talk! Every time James asks you to lift a finger you freak out!” Sierra shouted back, and the puddle started rising toward her hands. Kayda got an idea.

“Sierra! You’re father hates your guts! Mine loves me more, and I won’t be a disappointment like you will be!” Kayda shouted at Sierra.

“YOU LITTLE BRAT! I THOUGHT I COULD TRUST YOU!” Sierra shouted, and the water leaped to her hands. Before Kayda could react, Sierra whipped the water at her. The water wrapped around Kayda’s arm and started to evaporate. Kayda screamed. The pain was so excruciating. Arizona attacked Sierra, and the water fell away. Kayda fell to her knees and passed out.
#17 Posted: 04:28:54 07/06/2010
yayz but you know ill complain
#18 Posted: 04:32:37 07/06/2010 | Topic Creator
*headdesk*

Chapter Seven

Kayda awoke several hours later in her bed. Arizona was walking around the perimeter of the bed and James was leaning against the door. She looked at her arm and saw the gruesome scar left on it. It was bright blue and snaked it’s way around her arm from her wrist to her elbow.

“That’s Watyr burn. Normally, regular old water wouldn’t affect you, but when Watyr wants it too, it can kill Fyre. You’re lucky Arizona jumped on Sierra when he did, or else that would be a lot worse,” James explained, trying to take a step closer, but Arizona jumped over the bed to let out a vicious snarl, steam escaping his mouth.

“Arizona!” Kayda scolded, but the dog didn’t pay any attention.

“Yelling isn’t going to work. Arizona is currently being possessed by your father, and he hasn’t let anyone near you since I carried you in here,” James explained.

“How do you know?” Kayda asked, looking at the dog.

“Look at his front legs,” James said. Kayda looked and saw Watyr burns along them, faded, but still noticeable.

“You’re father seems to always get in Watyr’s way,” James said, receiving a growl from Fyre/Arizona, “You know what I mean,” he told the firewolf. Kayda looked back at the scar on her arm. Arizona came over and set his head on her bed, looking sorry. Kierstyn came to the door, and Arizona perked his head up. She tried to walk in, but Arizona jumped to stop her.

“I just want to wrap it before it gets infected,” Kierstyn said, trying to push past the dog. Arizona growled.

“If we don’t treat it soon, it will get infected,” Kierstyn warned, and Arizona saw the medicine in her hands and shook his head at them.

“What do you suggest we use?” Kierstyn asked, and Kayda could hear the patience in her voice disappearing. Arizona pointed his head toward the lava tubes and barked.

“Lava? We douse her arm in lava?! How are we supposed to get her close enough to the lava without dying?” Kierstyn asked and Arizona barked, and walked over to the fireplace and touched one of the dying embers. Fyre appeared and Arizona walked to his former master, completely unaware of the prior events. Kayda smiled when she saw her father.

“You’re going to the lava springs, my dear,” Fyre said. Kayda got up and walked behind her father.

“Should I come?” James asked, and Fyre turned to him.

“Only if you wish to be burnt to a crisp, and then your crisp be burnt to a crisp. If you do then feel to tag along,” Fyre said, and James suddenly changed his mind. Fyre shrugged and Kayda left with him.

They walked out of the mountain, and Kayda was surprised to see a red Plymouth Barracuda sitting outside. Fyre opened the door for her, and his sleeve moved up about an inch, revealing multiple Watyr scars, some almost black, while some were still bright blue. Fyre caught Kayda staring and pulled his sleeve down. Kayda got into the car and Fyre started driving. They drove further and further up the mountain until Kayda was sure they were in the sky. They finally stopped, and Kayda was amazed. The road broke off into five sections. They drove down the road leading toward a volcano, which had a house placed at the top. They drove around the house to the backyard, which had multiple, hot tub sized, lava pools set in the ground. Fyre grandly gestured with his hands and said,

“Welcome to my backyard! Feel free to jump in one, the lava is set to heal right now and won’t burn up anything! Even Ayr could get in and not be affected. You only have to be in for a few minutes for it to heal your arm, so when the scar starts to dull in color, pull your arm out. I’ll be in the house looking for the wraps if you need me!” he said, walking up to his house. Kayda knelt down to one of the pools and stuck her arm in. It instantly felt better. She waited a minute or two and pulled it out, and the scar was a dull navy color. She looked up to see if her father was back, but he wasn’t, so she tried to pick up some of the lava. She concentrated and formed a ball of lava. She tossed it up and down, playing catch with herself. She tossed it up and it came back down a soaked rock. She turned and saw a man with spiky blue hair and stormy green eyes.

“Well, would you look at that, Kayda the Amazing, alive only because her mangy mutt attacked my worthless daughter,” Watyr sneered, “How’s that arm of yours? I hear you got it pretty bad, what did she do? Throw a rain drop at you?”

“For your information, she did this,” Kayda said, showing him the scar on her left arm. Watyr was silent. He took a step closer to her and yanked her arm to him for closer inspection. His hand was like ice.

“My signature burn? How is that possible? I’m the only one who can do that!” he shouted, “YOU! WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!” he shouted at Kayda.

“I only told her what she had been saying for days, and she freaked out. Water from a puddle leaped to her hands and she whipped it at me,” Kayda explained.

“DON’T DO IT AGAIN! I DON’T WANT THAT LITTLE BRAT TO BE BETTER THAN ME!” Watyr shouted, and then a fireball hit his leg. Kayda saw her father standing there, his hair on fire.

“If you ever dare speak like that to Kayda again, I’ll aim higher!” Fyre threatened. Watyr shot a look at Fyre and disappeared. Fyre came over to Kayda.

“You okay?” he asked, wrapping her arm up in an orange bandage. Kayda nodded.

“Then we better get you back to James and Skyler before Watyr comes back.”
#19 Posted: 05:15:32 07/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Chapter Eight

Fyre dropped Kayda off at the entrance to the cave. He nodded a good-bye to her and drove off. She walked in, pulling her jacket sleeve down, hiding the bandage. She saw Skyler in the living room, but he was staring at the blank television screen. He was thinking about something, and rather intently. She also saw Kierstyn lingering in the hallway leading to the bedrooms. James and Sierra were nowhere to be seen. Kayda flopped onto the couch and stared in the direction Skyler was staring at.

“What are you watching?” she whispered and Skyler seemed to have broken the trance.

“Huh? Oh, nothing, just thinking,” he said and Kayda searched his expression to see if he was in a playful mood.

“Okay, well, what are you thinking about,” she asked and he stared at her.

“This morning, the way James and I listened to you. It was weird, because normally James doesn’t listen to people. He thinks he superior to everyone, but he ran with his tail tucked between his legs when you came and yelled. I just went outside to get away for a few moments,” Skyler said, and Kayda leaned her head back and sighed.

“I was also thinking about the way you and Sierra looked, y’know when she, err,” Skyler said, obviously not wanting to upset Kayda.
“I don’t remember much, can you fill me in?” Kayda asked and Skyler looked up at the ceiling, leaning his head back.

“Well, I don’t know what was going through your head when you said all those things about her father, but her hair seemed to shimmer like water does in sunlight and her eyes got really foggy, and the water from the puddle leapt to her hand like a bullwhip and she flicked her wrist and all the sudden, your arm was smoking. The entire cave filled with that burning smell that you get when you toss water on a fire. You let out a blood curdling scream and fell to your knees. That’s when Arizona attacked Sierra. Her hair stopped shimmering when Arizona knocked her down and her eyes cleared up. James came running out of his room and helped me pulled Arizona off of Sierra. He disappeared for a moment, and came back as your dad I guess. By then James had started carrying you to your room. He wouldn’t let me near you. So I managed to help Sierra up and get her to her room. She’s a nervous wreck. She won’t talk to anyone. James has been trying since you left to get her to talk to any of us, but she just stares into the fish tank,” he explained. Kayda felt guilty. She had only wanted Sierra to realize that she could use her powers. But now she only made Sierra feel worse.

"I'm going to talk to her," she said, getting up. Skyler shrugged.

"Whatever, I'm going to continue staring at the blank televison," he started, and then shouted, "BECAUSE SOMEBODY FORGOT TO PAY THE CABLE BILL!!!" He then coughed James. Kayda rolled her eyes and walked toward Sierra's room.

Pure chaos ensued.

"JAMES LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" Sierra shouted. Something glass broke.

"SIERRA CALM DOWN!!" James shouted.

"I WILL NOT CALM DOWN!!! I NEARLY KILLED HER!!!"

"SHE'S ALIVE!!! AND MOVING!!!" James shouted back. Kayda opened the door.

"And I'm interrupting!" she announced. Sierra state freaked her out. Her long black hair was atleast six inches shorter and full of knots and tangled. Her eyes were red from crying, but she looked absolutly furious. And maybe slightly derranged, possibly rabid.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT, ALMOST ZOMBIE?!" Sierra asked.

"It's not nice to call people zombies, even if they nearly died, AND IT WASN'T YOUR FAULT!" James shouted. Another glass orb ball thing flew at his head.

"I'll call her a zombie if I want to!" Sierra shouted.

"Sierra chill out, no harm done!" Kayda said.

"NO HARM DONE?! YOU WERE PASSED OUT FOR HOURS!" Sierra shouted back. She pushed pash James and Kayda and ran into the living room.

"Oh crap," James said, running after her. Kayda followed, and nearly burst out laughing at the sight. Sierra was standing there, with her knife held to Skyler's throat.

"What the heck did I do?" Skyler asked. Kayda and James shrugged.

"ALL YOU EVER DO IS COMPLAIN! YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT JAMES, YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE YOUR GIRLFRIEND, YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT THE FACT THAT YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO WORK TO PERFECT YOUR SKILLS! HONESTLY, GET OVER IT!" Sierra shouted.

"Anything else you have left to say?" James asked.

"YES I STOLE MY BEST FRIEND'S IPOD, NO I'M NOT RETURNING IT! AND YES, I SECRETLY THINK THAT KIERSTYN IS A GOODY TWO SHOES NERD, SKYLER IS ABSOLUTLY A JERK, JAMES IS AN EMO FREAK AND KAYDA IS A DADDY'S LITTLE BRAT!" Sierra shouted. Kayda looked over at James.

"It's not the first time I've been called that," he said, "And it's definetly not the last," he finished. Skyler on the other hand was not taking it well.

"I'M THE JERK? YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I HAVE TO DO EVERY MORNING!" he shouted, "AND I DON'T TAKE IT OUT ON KAYDA BECAUSE MY DAD ISN'T OBSESSED WITH ME!"

"WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?" Sierra shouted.

"I MEAN THAT I DON'T TRY TO KILL HER WHENEVER SHE SPEAKS THE TRUTH!"

"Y'KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO SAY TO THAT?" Sierra asked.

"WHAT?!" Skyler shouted.

"THIS!" she shouted back, throwing her knife into the tv. Skyler fell to his knees!

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" he shouted, "NOW I'LL NEVER TO WATCH THE SEASON FINALE OF THE MENTALIST!" he cried. James started snickering. Skyler continued to whimper about The Mentalist. Sierra didn't calm down at all. She seemed to get even more mad.

"I KILLED THE TV!!!" she screamed, "WHY DID I DO THAT?!"

"BECAUSE YOU'RE DERRANGED!! AND POSSIBLY RABID!!" Skyler shouted.

"I'M NOT RABID, IT'S THE MANGY MUTT THAT KAYDA KEEPS AROUND THAT'S RABID!"

"ARIZONA IS NOT MANGY OR RABID!" Kayda shouted, "As far as I know,"

"You have him checked out by vet if you're suspiscious," James said.

"WHY DO WE CARE?!" Sierra shouted, "JAMES, YOU'RE STRANGE!"

"She's calming down," James noted.

"Could have fooled me," Kayda replied.

"She's not insulting things as bad as she was, I'm no longer an emo freak, I'm just strange," James explained. Kayda thoughtfully nodded. Sierra stormed off into her room. Skyler was still grieving for his lost television.

"Just another average day," James commented.
#20 Posted: 05:26:23 07/06/2010
i coulfnt stop laughong sis
#21 Posted: 05:32:40 07/06/2010 | Topic Creator
*takes a bow* Eira helped a little with that one, mostly with Skyler's breakdown and the Mentalist..

Chapter Nine

Kayda walked over to the TV and pulled the knife from the screen. It was an older tv with a glass screen, so it shattered. Skyler managed to pull himself together enough that he could walk to his room. Kayda went to the closet to get the broom to sweep the glass up. James excused himself to go knock some sense into his cousin. She started sweeping the glass up and made to get the dustpan when she saw Sierra kneel down to sweep the glass onto the dustpan.

"I'm sorry," she mumbled.

"So am I, I only wanted to show you that you do have powers," Kayda explained.

"I know, I know, I just tend to overreact. I get that trait from dear old dad," she replied.

"I'm a hothead too," Kayda said. Sierra snickered.

"Obviously," she replied, "You're a daughter of Fyre,"

"Haha," Kayda said sarcasticly, "I think you're explosion earlier hurt Skyler more than me,"

"WHAT?!"

"You killed his one true love," Kayda told her, pointing to the screenless television. Sierra nervously laughed.

"Heh, what should we do with the body?" she asked. Kayda shrugged.

"Shall I incinerate it?" Kayda asked, and Sierra nodded.

"I have a few magazines I want to burn, you need some target practice?" she asked. Kayda smiled and nodded.

Ten minutes later, they were outside in a clearing. James managed to rig a catapult together and let them borrow it. Sierra had a stack of magazines that was almost three feet tall.

"A few?" Kayda asked sarcastically, and Sierra shrugged.

"This pile doesn't have anything on the, Might Come In Handy Someday For Slapping Skyler Or The Annoying Fly On The Wall, pile," she said. Kayda laughed.

"You ready?" Sierra asked, putting her hand on the lever. Kayda nodded. Sierra pulled the lever and the first set of magazines flew in the air. Kayda felt a flame in her hand and she threw it at the first one, then the next. She hit the fifth magazine before it hit the ground. Sierra applauded.

"Pull!" Kayda shouted. Another stack of magazines flew in the air. Kayda hit them all. James came out of hiding to watch. He was amazed.

"Hey, let's incinerate the tv!" Kayda shouted. James lifted the broken tv set onto the catapult. Sierra pulled the lever and the tv flew into the air. Kayda snapped her fingers and blew the flame into the air. The flames shot atleast sixty feet up, incinerating the tv and surrounding areas. Everyone's jaws dropped. Skyler walked into the clearing his eyes wide.

"Whoa," Skyler breathed, "That, was, AWESOME! THAT WAS LIKE A DRAGON BREATHING FIRE!" he shouted. Kayda laughed.

"Glad you enjoyed the cremation of your television," she said. James burst out laughing. Skyler's expression was priceless.

"THAT WAS THE TV?!" he shouted. They all nodded.

"NO!" he shouted, "WE COULD HAVE FIXED IT!" Kayda and Sierra glared at him. He shut up.

"Hey, James, you still want me to teach you guys some Taekwondo?" Kayda asked. James nodded.

"Who volunteers to be my training helper?" Kayda asked. James and Sierra took a step back.

"Okay, Skyler, come here," Kayda said. Skyler looked around.

"What? Being Kayda's training dummy was not in the job description!" he shouted, before James pushed him forward. Kayda got into a fighting stance.

"First lesson, always keep your body sideways, don't give your opponent any targets to strike," Kayda said, "Skyler, try to punch me,"

"I don't punch girls," Skyler replied.

"Okay, you're funeral," Kayda said, aiming a punch as his stomach, then kicking his head. Skyler's eyes bugged out of his head, and he fell over.

"What... was... that?!" he shouted between breathes.

"You hesitated, you gave me the chance to whip your butt, that my friends is lesson number two," Kayda said, "Don't think, just attack, train yourself to look for targets. You saw how I aimed a punch at his stomach. Why? Because he left it exposed, he turned his body toward me. Then when he doubled over, he left his head unguarded. That gave me the chance to kick him," she continued, then turning to Skyler.

"Did I hurt you?" she asked.

"I'm fine," he said, his voice going up.

"Then why are you crying?" James asked.

"I'm not crying, that kick to my head loosened my tear glands," Skyler replied.

"Can't tell you how many times I've heard that one," Kayda said, helping Skyler up.

"Let me try," James said. Kayda shrugged. She got into a fighting stance. James aimed a punch at her, but she blocked and elbowed his ribs. He groaned a little and pushed her off. She ran at him and jump kicked his head. He stumbled a little and when she came back to kick him again, he pushed her away with his powers. She fell to the ground.

"You wanna play like that?" Kayda asked, a smile forming. James narrowed his eyes and smiled. Kayda shot a fireball at him and he formed a shield and blocked it. But he failed to notice her sneaking over to jump on his back and pull him to the ground. She managed to roll him over and pin him down.

"How long was that Sierra?" Kayda asked.

"30 seconds flat!" Sierra replied.

"Bummer, most of the time I do it in 15," Kayda replied, getting off of James and helping him up. He stumbled over to where Skyler was and leaned against the tree. They were both groaning.

"You guys have enough?" Kayda asked.

"Just wait till tomarrow, I'll be ready," Skyler replied.

"And don't even think about distracting me with fireballs like you did today," James warned. Sierra and Kayda laughed. Kierstyn stepped out of the shadows.

"Hey guys, lets go to the mall," she suggested.
#22 Posted: 05:40:11 07/06/2010
30 seconds ready go
...nah
what?
ill do it in 15
oh *backsway*
#23 Posted: 05:43:48 07/06/2010 | Topic Creator
(: Okay, no complaining Kierstyn!

CHAPTER TEN

They all went to the mall. Skyler went to the video game store, Sierra went to the book store to get more magazines, James went to the appliance store to see about the warranty on the tv, Kierstyn went to shop for clothes, and Kayda went to the music store. She was looking for Aerosmith's Devil's Got a New Disguise, because it had most of her favorites on it. She was followed throughout most of the store by two guys, one who was about twenty and the other was probably around seventeen. She ignored them most of the time, until she was approached from behind by the older of the two.

"Hello, my dear," he said, "Care to step outside with me and my assiociate?" Kayda elbowed him in the stomach and whipped around to face him. They were both wearing hoods, so she couldn't see their faces.

"You see, Axel, I told you so," the younger of the two said, "I told you she would fight back, you can't just sneak up behind her and act like you're going to kidnap her!"

That voice, where have I heard that voice? Kayda asked herself.

"Oh, yes, just because you're the boss' son doesn't mean you know everything, Comet," Axel shouted.

"Comet?! Comet from the party, Comet?!" Kayda shouted.

"You've met him?" Axel asked. Kayda nodded.

"FAILURE!" Axel shouted at Comet, "YOU'RE A FAILURE!"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!" Comet asked.

"YOUR FATHER STRICTLY PROHIBETED YOU SPEAKING TO HER! YOU FAILED HIM!" Axel shouted.

"Oh yeah, lets add that one to the mile long list of Comet's failures," Comet replied.

"WELL I'M NOT ABOUT TO LET HER GET AWAY THIS TIME!" Axel shouted, grabbing Kayda's hair. She started to fight back, but Comet tied her hands behind her back.

"C'mon, you're coming with us," Axel said, pushing her out of the store. They were walking to the side entrance, when she saw James walking by with Skyler, Sierra, and Kierstyn.

"JAMES!" she shouted. He turned and his eyes got wide. He blasted a dark wave at Comet and Sierra used water from the nearby fountain to whip at Axel. Axel stood up and pulled a bullwhip out of his jacket.

"Two can play at that game," he said, pushing a button. The whip lit up and sparked every few seconds. Sierra's jaw dropped. Axel whipped it at her, but Skyler jumped in the way and caught it. The electricity surged through him. His hair stood on end. He dropped the end of the whip and pointed at Axel. A jet of pure electricity shot at him, and it was going faster than the speed of light. Axel was knocked to the ground, where he stayed for a moment.

Meanwhile, Comet was getting up and started fighting James. It was an even match. Comet fought using weather and James used darkness. Comet would make it rain on James then freeze him, but James would summon shadow creatures, which are half bat, half wolf animals, to attack while he used a dark shield to expand and break the ice.

All while this was going on, Kierstyn was untying Kayda. When she was finally untied, Kayda and Kierstyn lept into action. Comet was winning the battle against James, freezing him over and over again, but Skyler looked as if he was about to pass out from the energy leaving him so fast after catching the whip so many times. Kayda analyzed this and figured James could hold Comet off for a few more moments. She and Kierstyn jumped over infront of Skyler and fought. Axel was already weak, but he kept them away with his whip. But the whip was out of energy. He managed one last good whip, which lashed across Kierstyn's face. She crumbled to the ground. Comet stopped fighting James to look over. This gave James the chance to wrap dark ropes around him and come over to aid them. Axel laughed feebly as he saw the blood running down Kierstyn's cheek. Kayda blew dragon breath at him. His whip was reduced to ashes, and Axel got an unexpected tan.

"COMET, RETREAT!" Axel yelled. James snapped his fingers and the ropes disappeared. The two of them ran out of the entrance. Skyler was sitting on the ground, and Sierra was leaning against a wall for support. They were all drained. James' knees were shaking, and Kayda even found herself to be light headed. Kierstyn moaned and clutched her face. They helped her sit up, propped against the fountain. Sierra picked some of the water up and began dabbing at her face.

"That's going to need some stitches," Sierra murmured.

"What are we supposed to do? Take her to a doctor?" Skyler mumbled.

"We can't," James said.

"Why not?" Kayda asked.

"Because there's no doubt in my mind that they'll run blood tests on her," James said, "And they'll find that half of her blood isn't human,"

"Well, if you think that I'm sewing her up, you're insane," Sierra said. Kierstyn moaned again.

"She's loosing blood, fast," Sierra continued, "If we don't get this sewed up soon, she's going to need a blood transfusion,"

"Well, what do you suggest we do?" Kayda asked. Just then a woman's voice came from behind them.

"If you need some help, I'd be glad to offer it," the woman said. Kayda turned around and saw a woman with tawny colored hair and round brown eyes.

"Mom?!" she shouted.
#24 Posted: 05:49:33 07/06/2010
*starts to whinne then little voice on her head whispers* blackbelt
#25 Posted: 05:53:25 07/06/2010 | Topic Creator
EXACTLY!

CHAPTER ELEVEN

"Kayda, is that you?" Kayda's mom asked. Kayda nodded. "What happened?"

"It's not important now, Mom. But my friend, Kierstyn, is hurt and she needs stitches, you were a nurse one time, can you take us to our house and patch her up?" Kayda asked.

"Of course!" Ms. Simpson replied, "Come on kids, lets get her to the van,"

James and Skyler carried Kierstyn out. Kayda and Sierra followed. It had started raining in the parking lot.

"Oh, dear, what about you guys' car?" Ms. Simpson asked.

"Unimportant," Kayda shouted, making sure that Kierstyn was strapped in. Sierra was still dabbing water at her cheek to keep the blood from staining it. James and Skyler sat in the second row of seats. Kayda climbed in the passenger seat and said, "Just drive!"

Awkward silence ensued. Ms. Simpson broke the silence.

"So, I believe some introductions are in order, I'm Ms. Simpson, Kayda's mother," she said. Kayda introduced everyone.

When she got to James she said, "And this is James, the one who pulled me from the burning beach house and held me hostage in a mountain," Ms. Simpson laughed.

"It's nice to meet you in person, ma'am," James said, "We saw the interview you did for the news, it was rather, err," James started.

"Daring?" Ms. Simpson suggested, "Yes, I know, but everything I said on that interview was true, I knew exactly where Kayda was the entire time. Fyre came and told me that she was safe,"

"Dad came and talked to you?" Kayda asked.

"Oh, he visits me all the time," Ms. Simpson giggled.

"And he didn't go talk to Kayda?" Skyler asked, "That burns," he finished, before he realized that he just made a pun.

"HAHA! BURNS!" he shouted, "Y'KNOW, BECAUSE HER DAD IS FYRE?!" he laughed. Kayda death glared him. He shut up. Ms. Simpson pulled into a driveway. They got Kierstyn out and brought her inside. They set her on the kitchen counter while Ms. Simpson looked around for a needle and thread. When she found one, she gave it to Kayda.

"Kayda, dear, can you sterilize this for me? Just hold it in a flame for a few moments," she asked. Kayda snapped her fingers and held the needle in the flame.

"That should do it," Ms. Simpson said, taking the needle, "Now, you should go wait out in the living room," she told the group of teenagers. The four of them went into the living room. Kayda sat in her chair, while Skyler and Sierra shared the couch. James stood up.

"Who were they?" Kayda asked.

"I- I don't know," James said, not looking at anybody.

"James," Kayda started, feeling her temper rise, "You are a horrible lier, just tell us,"

"No, they're unimportant," James insisted.

"JAMES!" Kayda shouted, her eyes on fire, "THEY TRIED TO KILL US, AND THEY NEARLY SUCCEDED WITH KIERSTYN! I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I THINK THAT'S PRETTY IMPORTANT!"

"James, just tell us," Skyler said.

"The elders forbid it," James told them.

"JAMES, IF YOU DON'T TELL ME WILLINGLY, I WILL FORCE IT OUT OF YOU!" Kayda threatened, her hands turning red.

"Axel is Cosmo's second in command," James blurted out, "But I don't know who Comet is,"

"I would think that it's obvious," Sierra said, "You saw the way he was fighting, Comet is Cosmo's son,"

Nobody spoke for a moment.

"James," Kayda said, trying to keep her temper, "Tell us everything you know,"

"Axel is reincarnated everytime Cosmo comes back," James started, "He is the sure fire sign that Cosmo is back. But Cosmo had never had children before, and considering Comet is near my age, this could be bad,"

"Why would it be bad?" Skyler asked.

"It means that he could have slipped into our schools and been spying on us since birth!" James shouted.

Kayda finally realized why he had looked familiar back at the beach house.

"He was in my preschool class. He slept on the mat next to mine, he caught the center on fire and blamed me," she started, "I remember seeing him walk into the house across from my grandma's before the fire. I remember walking past him when they released me. He caused all those fires in an attempt to get me stripped of my powers," she finished.

"It makes sense," James murmured. Kayda hung her head.

"I'm going to my room," she mumbled, walking down the hall to her bedroom.

That's all until I finish Chapter Twelve!
#26 Posted: 17:17:31 07/06/2010
chappie 12 ??????
#27 Posted: 17:23:40 07/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Here you go, Chapter Thirteen is almost done!

Chapter Twelve

Kayda sat on her bed, tears streaking her cheeks. She leaned against the wall and slid down it. She wrapped her arms around her knees. She blinked a few times and looked around her room. It was exactly as she had left it. The dirty clothes were still on the floor, the laptop was still on the desk. She signed into her Facebook to see what people had said about her. There were multiple posts from angry parents threatening her to stay away from their children, some posts from her friends saying that she's innocent, and a few that said that they were praying for her. She rolled her eyes and logged out. She looked over at her iPod, which was still plugged in and charging. She turned on the radio and it started playing Dream On by Aerosmith. She sat against the wall again, singing softly.

"Everytime I look in the mirror, all these lines on my face getting clearer, the past is gone." she sang, not noticing the prescence of Skyler in the doorway.

"It went by like dusk to dawn," he sang, and she turned around, letting Steven continue singing. He sat down next to her.

"Hey," he said, "You okay?" Kayda nodded, trying to hide her tears.

"I'm fine," she lied.

"No your not," Skyler said, "You're in here listening to Dream On and crying your eyes out,"

"Fine, you see right through me, I'm dying on the inside," she said. Skyler smiled.

"Why are you upset?" he asked.

"Because I didn't ask for any of this, I didn't ask to fight anybody or anything, I didn't ask to put my life on the line for no reason," Kayda said.

"No reason? Cosmo is back and-" Skyler said.

"And that's our fathers' problem, not ours," Kayda said. Skyler shrugged.

"I guess so, but it's part of some destiny or prophecy or something like that," he replied, "We were destined to fight him! Or some crap like that," he continued. Kayda glared at him and he said, "I hate it too, but we have to do it,"

"I know, I know," Kayda said, "But," she stopped and stood up. She walked over to her window and pointed outside. The rain had stopped and some kids from Kayda's school were outside hanging out. "That was how I had planned spending my summer, THAT!" Skyler nodded.

"Everybody, but James, planned to do that," he replied. Kayda laughed.

"Is your cousin THAT antisocial?" Kayda asked, and Skyler nodded. Kayda laughed harder. Skyler started laughing. They were both laughing really hard. They sat on her bed, still laughing.

"Why is it so fun to make fun of him?" Kayda asked. Skyler shrugged.

"Because he makes it so easy," he replied. They laughed again.

"So you broke into my house and took stuff from my room?" Kayda asked. Skyler's ears turned red.

"I did it for everyone else," he admitted, "And really, I didn't break in, you left the window open," he finished.

Kayda rolled her eyes and gave him a hug.

"Ah, what's with the hug?!" Skyler shouted.

"You deserve one, you cheered me up," Kayda said and Skyler returned the hug. James walked to the door and looked disgusted.

"Glad to see you two are bonding," he said, "Not to break up your lovefest, but Kierstyn's all stitched up and we can leave now," he finished, pure hatred in his voice. Skyler and Kayda looked at eachother. The hug was only a brother and sister hug, not anything else, what was James' problem?
#28 Posted: 17:34:20 07/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Okay, here's thirteen, SKYLER'S A PERV! SKYLER'S A PERV!

Chapter Thirteen

They rode back to the mountain in silence. Kayda managed to grab her iPod and radio before James came back in, his purple eyes filled with black and white flames, and told her that they had to leave. James summoned a new shadow car, and they all piled in. Kayda's mom had sent a care package full of cookies and cupcakes with them.

"Be safe! Come visit me more often! You don't want me going insane!" she had said, giving everybody hugs and handing Skyler the box full of cookies and cupcakes. James drove the car at or over eighty the entire way. Kayda and the girls sat in the backseat, while Skyler and James sat in the front. Kierstyn and Sierra fell asleep, and Kayda faked it, just to see what James and Skyler had to say to eachother.

"What's your problem," Skyler asked.

"You are my problem!" James shouted, "You have always been my problem!"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Skyler asked.

"You know very well what I mean," James said back, "You and Kayda hugging eachother in her room? You and Sierra constantly flirting with eachother? You and Kierstyn being nice to eachother,"

"You think that I'm just using them to my advantage?" Skyler asked.

"Knowing your track record, it wouldn't surprise me," James said.

"Look, about me and Kayda earlier, she was in her room listening to Aerosmith and crying, I cheered her up like any older brother would," Skyler explained, "And you haven't had a problem with me and Sierra before, why now?" James stayed silent. Kayda kept her eyes closed but she could imagine a smile spreading across his face.

"You like her, don't you?" he jeered.

"No," James replied quickly, "You know there are rules against that sort of thing,"

"Rules are meant to be broken," Skyler said in a sing song voice.

"No they're not," James replied sternly.

"Kayda's a little firecracker isn't she, I'm sure she'd break a few rules with you," Skyler added.

"Oh my God, Skyler, SHUT UP!" James shouted. Kayda silently laughed.

"Kayda and James sitting in a tree," Skyler sang.

"It's a wonder I don't kill you," James replied. They got to the mountain and Skyler turned around in his seat and shouted, "Hey, sleeping beauties, wake up!" Sierra snapped awake, followed by Kayda, who really just opened her eyes, and then a groggy Kierstyn came around. They all got out of the car, which disintigrated upon them getting out. They walked into the mountain, and Kierstyn instantly went to bed. Skyler took the box of cookies to the table and opened it up. His eyes got wide and his mouth watered.

"Kayda, I think I just died and went to heaven," he said, taking a bite of the cookie. Kayda started to laugh. Kayda whistled for Arizona, who came bounding out of her room. He jumped up and put his paws on her shoulders and licked her cheek.

"Hi, Arizona," Kayda said, pushing him off. She noticed the water burns on his forelegs, "Or should I say Dad?" she asked. Arizona barked. "Hello, Dad," she said. Arizona took off into her room and came back a moment later with Fyre.

"Kayda, thank the elders you're okay," he said hugging her, "James, the elders have ordered that all of you, minus Kierstyn if she's not feeling good yet, go to their palace to talk," he said to James, who nodded. Fyre looked up, "Are those Lauren's cookies?" he asked Skyler, who nodded. "I HAVEN'T HAD ONE OF THOSE IN SO LONG! Y'know Kayda," he said, going over to the box and taking one, "These cookies are one of the main reasons I fell in love with your mother," he said, taking a bite.

"You fell in love with my mom for her cookies?" Kayda asked.

"When you say it like that, it sounds bad," Fyre said, "One of the reasons, one of the multiple reasons," he said, taking another bite. James cleared his throat.

"Fyre, should we be going?" he asked.Fyre nodded, his mouth full of cookie.

"You guys go ahead, I'll be along in a minute," he said, taking another cookie.

"Don't eat all my cookies," Kayda said, and Fyre nodded.

"Fine, fine, just go, I'll make sure you still have cookies," Fyre said, and James chaffuered them out of the mountain.
#29 Posted: 17:50:29 07/06/2010
YAYAYAYAYAYAY but my character *sighs* is sleeping ah well
#30 Posted: 17:52:04 07/06/2010 | Topic Creator
"Oh my God, Skyler, SHUT UP!" SKYLER'S A PERV! SKYLER'S A PERV! xD
#31 Posted: 18:03:43 07/06/2010
hahahahahahah yays
#32 Posted: 18:13:03 07/06/2010 | Topic Creator
But we all love Skyler, (My Skyler, not Eira's, we all hate him! :}) though...
#33 Posted: 18:16:48 07/06/2010
hahahahhahahahaha
#34 Posted: 18:21:44 07/06/2010 | Topic Creator
x} I'm in the process of writing fourteen, should be done in about a half hour, an hour tops.
#35 Posted: 18:26:57 07/06/2010
awesomenss
#36 Posted: 19:32:17 07/06/2010 | Topic Creator
OKIES I FINISHED IT!!!!!!

Chapter Fourteen

James' way of transportation was different than Fyre's. He glared at Skyler and they seemed to be talking without words. James then took Kayda's arm, and Skyler took Sierra's. James closed his eyes and a giant black hole appeared. Skyler concetrated and a beam of light came down, and him and Sierra dissolved and were taken up. James stepped toward the black hole and Kayda walked with him. They stepped into the hole, and Kayda felt as if she had been pressed flat. James and her moved up and down, and within seconds, they were thrown out onto a shiny palace floor. James stood up and nodded to the wrinkly old men on thrones. Kayda picked herself up, and stood next to James. She noticed four men standing between the thrones, and she knew that they were their fathers. But where was her father?

"Where are the others?" one of the elders asked. As if to answer their question, Skyler came crashing through the doors, followed by an angry Sierra.

"YOU IDIOT! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH THAT HURTS?" she shouted, smacking him upside the head with a magazine.

"I'm sorry, it was the only way I could get you here!" Skyler said, trying to sheild himself from Sierra's attacks.

"YOU DUMPED US IN THE MOAT!" Sierra shouted, and Kayda finally noticed that both of them were soaking wet.

"WELL I'M SORRY, ATLEAST WE DIDN'T END UP IN THE SAHARA! THAT WAS THE FIRST TIME I SHADOW TRAVELED WITH ANOTHER PERSON!" Skyler shouted back. A man with spiky yellow hair cleared his throat. The two of them stopped fighting.

"Skyler," the man said sternly, "You are in the throne room in the prescence of the elders, show some respect," he finished. Kayda figured that he was Lighte, because his hair and eyes glowed, forcing Kayda to advert her eyes. She looked at the other men. She saw Darke, who nodded at the children. She saw Watyr, who glared at Kayda and Sierra with eyes as fierce as a hurricane. Then she saw the fourth man, slightly smaller than the others with white windswept hair, but he didn't look old. He looked just as young as the Darke, Watyr, Lighte, and Fyre did. She reasoned out that he must be Ayr. The elders waited a moment for Skyler and Sierra to stand next to Kayda and James.

"Where's Fyre? We sent him down hours ago," one elder asked.

"Probably eating cookies," Skyler replied. The elders looked confused. Then Fyre burst into the room in a shower of flames.

"Sorry, I'm late," he said, "I had some unfinished business to attend to," he finished with a burp. He took his place next to Ayr and Darke.

"Yes, well, let our meeting start," one elder said. The elder in the center spoke up.

"It has come to our attention that you were attacked earlier today," he said. James nodded. Kayda waited for someone to address her.

"We would like to know what happed to provoke this attack," the elder continued, looking straight at Kayda. James nudged her with his elbow and she started to speak.

"We were at the mall today, and I was in the music store and Axel and Comet approached me and tried to take me. They would have succeded if I hadn't seen James and the others," Kayda started, "Then James fought Comet while Sierra and Skyler fought Axel. Kierstyn was helping untie me. After that, we went over to help Skyler and Sierra, and Axel whipped Kierstyn's face. Then James tied Comet up and I dragon breathed on Axel's whip, then they retreated," she finished. The elders looked confused.

"Whose Comet?" one asked. James spoke this time.

"We have reason to believe that Comet is Cosmo's son," he said. The elders started murmuring amongst themselves. The middle elder silenced them.

"What do you mean, son of Darke?" he asked, curiousity ringing in his voice.

"He fought with weather, sir," James replied, "And his name is Comet, a celestial body in the cosmos,"

The elders murmured some more. The head elder stood up.

"This meeting is postponed until further notice," he said, and the fathers led their children out. Ayr followed them outside.

"Is Kierstyn okay?" he asked franticly.

"Yes, sir, she's asleep back at the mountain, my mom stitched her face up so she's going to be okay," Kayda said. Ayr nodded.

"Thank goodness," he said. Watyr glared at Sierra and she glared back. Lighte looked Skyler up and down.

"You grew again, you're getting to be too tall!" he shouted, "Next time I see you, you'll probably be taller than me!" Skyler started to laugh. Darke and James went off into their own little world. Fyre approached Kayda, smiling.

"I'm so proud of you, I never thought you'd master Dragon Breath this quickly," he said. Kayda blushed.

"I didn't think I just, sort of, did," Kayda said, and Fyre gave her another hug. James came back over from his father, and said that it was time that they got back to the mountain.
#37 Posted: 00:19:54 08/06/2010
me likey! smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
for some reason this reminds me of the percy jackson series...smilie
---
#38 Posted: 01:10:56 08/06/2010 | Topic Creator
I started writing these before I started reading PJO actually... But I guess in a way they are alike, sort of... Epic authors write them! Rick Riordan writes PJO and I write this! I'm so full of myself.. >.<
#39 Posted: 01:11:55 08/06/2010
lol. its okay, i really like it. you're a good author. i can't ever come up with something orriginal, i write fanfics. smilie
---
#40 Posted: 01:15:07 08/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Don't give up! Most of the junk I write is fanfics, this is my first original in forever...
#41 Posted: 02:08:21 08/06/2010
YES HER AND MY OTHER SIS CAN WRITE I SUCK !
#42 Posted: 02:16:41 08/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Which sis are we talking about? Stormy or Eira? And you don't suck, may I remind you that you created a new fangirl obsession for me?
#43 Posted: 02:18:26 08/06/2010
eira i like her storys
and thank you sis but only youve read it( sighs )
#44 Posted: 02:29:53 08/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Actually, I think some other people were reading it when it was still on the first page, y'know, before we got completely off topic and started talking about Lauren Lopez and demonic Ravenclaws...
#45 Posted: 02:31:23 08/06/2010
mayb i should repost it......
NightBlade Platinum Sparx Gems: 6019
#46 Posted: 02:35:39 08/06/2010
I like the story, please write more. Very cool.
---
The Eater of Worlds has awoken!
"Muttering curse words under her breasts..." - Jamie
Galaxies and Stardust. More Art Than Stars.
#47 Posted: 02:39:34 08/06/2010
see even nightblade likes it mins an epic fail hold on im gonna repost it...
#48 Posted: 02:45:51 08/06/2010
it can't be that bad. Often when one plays and RP you use the same things while writing a story... and you are a good RP player. So really it can't be that bad.
---
#49 Posted: 02:47:09 08/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Thankies NightBlade! I'm currently working on Chapter Fifteen, I should have it up by tomarrow night.
#50 Posted: 02:48:03 08/06/2010
ok, i look forward to reading it!
---
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me