Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Just for Faun [CLOSED]
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#1 Posted: 15:25:31 11/01/2008 | Topic Creator
I've been getting help from the folks at Spyroforums on this, but I figured I should ask you guys too.

I'm in the process of created a little fan site for Elora. It's currently called "Just for Faun" and so far I've got plans and suggestions for:

- a gallery of screens and fanart
- sound and cut scene clips
- a quiz
- a links page
- an "about Elora" page
- a "friends and enemies" page

And a few other things I can't remember off the top of my head. Do any of you have any suggestions or want to see anything in particular on the site?

Also, does anyone want to help me pick out colors? My current idea for a color scheme is to use a table for the header and main links that will have a dark green background and yellow text. The rest of the page is going to be light green with black text and the usual blue links. Anyone think that sounds terrible? smilie
emberelora Emerald Sparx Gems: 3059
#2 Posted: 16:19:00 11/01/2008
Sounds like a cool website. i'd go on there. and the colour scheme sounds good too.
---
"This is the most musically inclined situation I've ever found myself in and I've played guitar hero!"
Dragran Blue Sparx Gems: 546
#3 Posted: 06:10:01 15/01/2008
I don't see any problem with the colour scheme, but is there a reason why you pick those colours, Razz?

I'm not sure if this has been suggest before, but you could also make an " Elora's quote page " containing all of Elora's lines. It might be handy for people who might be trying to role-play as her, I suppose. I wouldn't mind having an easy access to Elora's quotes though. smilie

Although a game script page for Elora might works better due to it having more content than a " quote page " for one character. A game script page for Elora should have every scenes that Elora has been in and the lines of all characters in the same scenes. If anything, people with hearing difficulties will appreciate having the game script page to look at.

While I'm not sure how many users already looked in this topic, I think it might has received more response if it was posted in the general forum of Darkspyro.

Anyway, how is the web site coming along, Razz?
---
#4 Posted: 18:30:57 15/01/2008 | Topic Creator
I chose the color scheme because it reminds me of Elora and it seems to fit the general theme. smilie

Oooh, a script page is a great idea! I shall add it to my list of things to include. smilie

Y'know, you have a good point. I wonder if it's too late to move this topic? smilie

I'm still working on the template that I'll use for all the pages, so progress is a little slow right now. I'm having a coding problem with some of the links (I only know basic html and it's possible that what I want to do can't be done without knowing CSS, which I just can't seem to wrap my brain around).
Dragran Blue Sparx Gems: 546
#5 Posted: 00:16:21 16/01/2008
Knowing that you're still working on the fan site is more than enough to keep me happy, Razz. smilie There's really no need to rush, and you're probably busy with work, Ye Gods, various fan drawings, and other activities now and then.

I barely remember the HTML and web site coding that I learned in class, so I can't help you with the coding, Razz. Sorry. :/

As for moving this topic... I'm still relative new to this web-site, so I'm not too sure what to do in this situation. I do have two solutions in mind, but I'm not sure if Dark52 will find them acceptable.

On one hand, you could try closing this topic, and then make a new one on the general board. By doing it this way, there will be only one " Just for Faun " topic in the entire forum technically. Although you might want to add new information into the first post of the new topic, so that the new topic won't be an exact copy of this one.

On the other hand, you could try asking Dark52 to move it, but you'll probably have to make a topic about it in the help/suggestion board since we don't have a private messaging feature yet.

Even if this topic doesn't move, I'm pretty sure that more users will response eventually. smilie
---
#6 Posted: 21:46:55 16/01/2008 | Topic Creator
Well, there is new info that pertains to the making of the site now (the code problem has been solved, huzzah!), so I suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea to just re-start this topic in General. I've got a question that I need everyone's help with.

And thanks for your patience and understanding, Dragran. smilie Also: ZOMG, you know the name of my not-really secret comic?! smilie

Dark52, would you kindly close this topic? Thank you. smilie Anyone who wants to continue this discussion can find it in the General section.
Last edited at 21:47:46 16/01/2008 by Razz
#7 Posted: 21:55:25 16/01/2008 | Topic Creator
This topic was originally in the Ripto's Rage/Gateway to Glimmer forum, but I've decided to move it here on the advice of a few folks. smilie

For those of you who don't know, I am created a fan site for Elora the faun and I've been getting suggestions and ideas from everyone at the various Spyro forums I visit.

Progress report: the coding problem has been fixed, now the real work can begin!

What the site has in the works so far:
* home page - contains an introduction and links to the rest of the site
* about - about Elora, Avalar, her friends, her enemies, and different kinds of fauns in Avalar
* gallery - official art (if any exists of Elora), screen shots, and fan art
* stories - fan fiction all about Elora
* fun - things that don't fit anywhere else; an Elora quiz, icons and avatars, video and sound clips, and a game script of all the scenes with Elora in them
* links - this one is pretty obvious smilie

If anyone would like to contribute suggestions, art, screens, stories, or help me gather information, it would be greatly appreciated.

And now, for the new question: I need a small logo/avatar for the site and I can't decide if I should make one using a screen shot, if I should draw one myself, or if I should hold some sort of contest and let people contribute ideas. What do you guys think?
bmah Platinum Sparx Gems: 5561
#8 Posted: 07:55:06 17/01/2008
Sorry Razz, I've yet to edit the Elora voice clips. I'll let you know when I have something done.
---
I now have a deviantART account! Check me out at http://bmah.deviantart.com/
Post a comment if you can. Thanks everyone!
EternalSpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#9 Posted: 16:57:41 17/01/2008
Do you know of any good free file uploading sites?
Got 9 cutscenes in AVI (windows media player) format, but might be a while as I want to conserme my broadband for the rest of the month.

Best job I can do. An avatar of Elora Kissing Spyro. Quality is good but mostly bad.

[User Posted Image]
---
As the Night of Eternal Darkness apporaches, Spyro is haunted by .... Maps of the U.S. and Canada, and traffic capability for just $216.76 from Amazon.com
BASALT Green Sparx Gems: 218
#10 Posted: 17:36:06 17/01/2008
uploading sites?

heres a load:

http://www.mihd.net/ Its a very good free site, even though the download speed may vary from time to time ( Sometimes its 500 kb/sec. - other times it can be 50 kb/sec.)

http://www.xirror.com,
http://www.shareonall.com,
http://www.mediafire.com, or
http://www.divshare.com. The first 2 sites are for multiple uploads at once, and the last 2 are for file never being deleted.

http://www.uploaded.to
---
An apple a day=7 apples a week!
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Throw your apples at your doctor!
www.RGAclan.tk Please join the site!
#11 Posted: 21:31:27 17/01/2008 | Topic Creator
No worries, bmah. smilie Take all the time you need. I'm still working on the basic site code.
#12 Posted: 21:37:32 17/01/2008 | Topic Creator
That is SO cute, EN! smilie Thank you. smilie

And I believe I've mentioned SendSpace to you elsewhere. smilie
#13 Posted: 05:13:27 18/01/2008
Yep! I will upload when I get the chance smilie
---
As the Night of Eternal Darkness apporaches, Spyro is haunted by .... Maps of the U.S. and Canada, and traffic capability for just $216.76 from Amazon.com
#14 Posted: 05:16:07 18/01/2008
Could be a possible idea, what about a sound board?
---
Dragongyrl1000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1939
#15 Posted: 05:23:38 18/01/2008
WTH? There's two topics of the same thing??
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
#16 Posted: 06:25:19 18/01/2008
There could have been a glitch when posting this topic, where two are created instead of one?
---
#17 Posted: 17:10:34 18/01/2008 | Topic Creator
Actually, it was because Dark52 moved the original topic from the RR/GtG board here and I didn't realize that was happening until after I'd re-created the topic here. smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me