Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Art > Seeking Constructive Criticism
Page 1 of 1
Seeking Constructive Criticism [CLOSED]
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#1 Posted: 02:04:48 12/05/2010 | Topic Creator
Ok, so I finally decided to draw Spyro with my tablet, and like the title id like some points on any corrections I could make.

[User Posted Image]
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
Pinkdesi101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1276
#2 Posted: 02:11:08 12/05/2010
thats better than how i draw. >.>
he looks a little old. maybe you can change his eyebrows a little(then again, that part always looks strange when it isn't colored) and take away that line above his mouth.
---
...is this supposed to be my signature?
#3 Posted: 02:21:31 12/05/2010 | Topic Creator
aHmm, he does look a little old, and the eyebrows always aggrevate me, I erased and redrew them a ton.

Thanks for your thoughts smilie
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
GoldenDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#4 Posted: 02:32:21 12/05/2010
Try adding a more pronounced brow (LARGER AND MORE BULGY FOREHEAD) and make a less curved and more angular slope from nostrit to horn.
---
~Best friends 'till the end of time: GamingMaster_76smilie and Nicksmilie~
Everyone has a dark side. Whether or not you choose it is the question.
#5 Posted: 16:03:54 12/05/2010 | Topic Creator
Will do, thanks for the input smilie
---
Samius Hunter Gems: 9252
#6 Posted: 15:22:09 13/05/2010
I'm not meaning to show off my own art here, but I'd say It's a good example of how to draw a good spyro head..

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/3138/002un.jpg

So, about why he looks old, I think his eyes are too small. Lift the brows up a bit to make them stand out from his face. His jawbone should be higher, right now he looks like he's frowning..

Also Round his face up a bit. I'm sure you have the skill to do it, so why not?..
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#7 Posted: 21:48:36 16/06/2010
I know his mouth is big in DotD, but I think you should make it a bit smaller maybe? And maybe lift his jaw up a little too, as said as above. Also, maybe his Crest larger and come out a little farther. Old Spyro always ad a huge Crest---I'm not saying you should give him a huge Crest like that, because this is defnitely DotD Spyro we're looking at---but just a little bigger.

Other than that, this is a retty darn good picture!! It's ery nice. Keep it up, and I can't wait to see your improvements smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me