First | Previous | Page 7 of 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
who lovesss dawn of the dragon [CLOSED]
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#301 Posted: 23:15:52 14/11/2010
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I just think that you're just bigging up TLOS to be honest. It is really nothing special. The gameplay WAS rubbish, I couldn't get any enjoyment out of it at all, and no, it doesn't feel like there was a lot of effort that had been put into the game, it felt like it was rushed, and that the attitude was "Oh that will do, can't really be bothered with it, we will get these all star voice actors, that will make it seem better, and we will try and make it like a Lord of the Rings/God of War style so everyone will love it, and change it to combat style instead of platforming" Oh yeah, like that made it anymore interesting.

I wish they just left it as it was, if this rubbish was going to come out of it, and all it's done really is torn the fanbase apart, they are idiots.

I agree with you,well said

but...theres one little thing...
we should really leave this topic to be
discussed by people who like this game
(even if we may disagree with them,they still have their own opinions)
And there is a topic made by Razzek to discuss why we don't like it.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#302 Posted: 23:18:00 14/11/2010
"The gameplay WAS rubbish"

Correction, the gameplay wasn't your thing. Doesn't mean it's rubbish, as plenty of people like it.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
spyro16 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1710
#303 Posted: 01:46:00 15/11/2010
Quote: sonicbrawler182
But the gameplay WAS great. The graphics were a bonus, and show that a lot of effort was put into the game. The Valley of Avalar is like a fun little sandbox to mess about in for me.

Also, the story DOESN'T have to be good. Not all games are story driven, or some just have simple storys(like the Original Spyro games). Although, I liked the LoS storyline.

I loved the TLoS storyline and the classics were fun 2. Also, I think(for the graphic part) that Spyro is more realistic in the LoS games and same w/ the enemies. This is just my opinion so don't hate me for being an LoS fan over the classics.

I agree w/ the story part....it doesn't have 2 be a PERFECT story for it 2 be good. At least it has a story plot holes or not. Its still a good game.

Quote:
I just think that you're just bigging up TLOS to be honest. It is really nothing special. The gameplay WAS rubbish, I couldn't get any enjoyment out of it at all, and no, it doesn't feel like there was a lot of effort that had been put into the game, it felt like it was rushed, and that the attitude was "Oh that will do, can't really be bothered with it, we will get these all star voice actors, that will make it seem better, and we will try and make it like a Lord of the Rings/God of War style so everyone will love it, and change it to combat style instead of platforming" Oh yeah, like that made it anymore interesting.

I wish they just left it as it was, if this rubbish was going to come out of it, and all it's done really is torn the fanbase apart, they are idiots.

I don't believe he's trying 2 make LoS look bigger than what others think it should be. It's his own opinion.
I think it's special but that's only my opinion.
2 me the gameplay was better than the classics(no offense)
Compared 2 ETD there was a lot of effort put in2 these games whether you believe it or not.
ETD was rushed yet rarely no one has very many complaints about it.
I don't really care if the worlds most famous voice actor voiced any of the characters. I like the LoS games either way.
Not 2 go against you in any way but if you don't like DotD and think it's a complete failure then why are you posting in a topic for users who like it?
---
Slendy's Shadow
i love smilie smilie and smilie
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#304 Posted: 10:19:09 15/11/2010
Okay fair enough, I'll leave it be, but I just wished that I could have my own comment on it, and not have everyone else taking it personally, that's the thing that gets on my nerves, and then in the end I seem to get the blame for it, probably because I have a different opinion.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Feral_Miskunn Blue Sparx Gems: 976
#305 Posted: 11:37:24 15/11/2010
i can complete the game in three hours now.. i use it for stress busting smilie i love the game because i've been with the console spyro games since the begining but none had perpetual flight! (not including the flight levels buy the normal gameplay ones.) i love the first game best, that one had a actual level with flight right at the end.. but dotd was so much fun in that respect.. made me happy at least smilie but i've completed it like a hundred times now smilie so i'm giving it a rest so i can enjoy it more smilie
---
Faith Hope Love and the greatest of these is Love
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5879
#306 Posted: 16:01:35 15/11/2010
The graphics and levels where good, it just needs to be slightly longer, with a few goals changed. They should also have not taken away the elemental furies, and they should reintroduce the (insert element name here)bombs, and put in some other junk.
---
no i will not write a signature for you
Paplok Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#307 Posted: 16:09:48 15/11/2010
^ They also should bring back the dreams or other form of learning the elements. They were fun. I want to see Cynder's dreams, how does she learn fear or shadow.
I also want the makers to remove all those plotholes, they're really annoying.
#308 Posted: 16:41:10 15/11/2010
^Yeah (not the one who ninja'd me, if they were there), that would hopefully not have costed too much time for them. I'd rate this game 6-7/10, without the improvements we were thinking of.
---
#309 Posted: 17:25:41 15/11/2010
And I want the game series to be brought back to it's original roots, or even at least a re-make of one of the previous original three Spyro games. To be honest though, after Year of the Dragon the series should have been left alone.
---
#310 Posted: 05:07:27 16/11/2010
Okay fair enough, I'll leave it be, but I just wished that I could have my own comment on it, and not have everyone else taking it personally, that's the thing that gets on my nerves, and then in the end I seem to get the blame for it, probably because I have a different opinion.

Everyone has a right 2 their own opinions and compliments.....no one is saying you can't have your own I was just saying that this is supposed 2 be a positive topic about DotD not a negative although there are a lot of negative comments about it on here already. I don't think I know of very many people(if any at all)who actually like the game accept for me and a few others.
Also, nobody's blaming you for anything at least not that I can see.
Every one has different opinions so no one should be blamed, put down or teased about it in this case it's blamed.
---
Slendy's Shadow
#311 Posted: 11:16:00 17/11/2010
And I want the game series to be brought back to it's original roots, or even at least a re-make of one of the previous original three Spyro games. To be honest though, after Year of the Dragon the series should have been left alone.

I thought it was a really good game, had most of my fun with it, until the disc snapped. I think EtD should've been remade.

Anyway, back on topic. What DotD needs is a different style for which you would fly, where it would stop with the flapping and would be smoother, kind of like when you use the special cheat in StD.
---
#312 Posted: 17:42:40 17/11/2010
Yeah, that would have been nice. Maybe there should have been most of the levels where you can fly anywhere throughout the level, and then maybe towards the end there could have been a cutscene where Malefor puts some type of forcefield around each level so it gives you an explanation as to why Spyro can't fly as high as he used to.
---
#313 Posted: 06:04:14 18/11/2010
Quote: Robo-Spyro

I thought it was a really good game, had most of my fun with it, until the disc snapped. I think EtD should've been remade.

Anyway, back on topic. What DotD needs is a different style for which you would fly, where it would stop with the flapping and would be smoother, kind of like when you use the special cheat in StD.

I agree w/ EtD being remade
Whats the cheat in StD?
What DotD DIDN'T need is the charge ability being removed. I think that was a big failure.
---
Slendy's Shadow
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#314 Posted: 09:03:58 18/11/2010
DotD has many likes and dislikes for me.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#315 Posted: 09:18:35 18/11/2010
Quote: spyro16

Whats the cheat in StD?
What DotD DIDN'T need is the charge ability being removed. I think that was a big failure.

For Spyro the Dragon you can get a Gameshark/Action Replay code so you can fly everywhere, I have one but it's a little different, it's just a moonjump code that I have, but when I use it sometimes the video game crashes.

Enter the Dragonfly would be interesting if it were remade, and if it was remade to the best of its ability, it will probably be the best Spyro game in my opinion.

I agree with you on Dawn of the Dragon I didn't like the fact that the developer got rid of the charging ability, but I did like the fact that Spyro can roll, so that helps to move faster, and get out of the way of enemies. I would still rather have the charging ability though.
---
#316 Posted: 10:27:45 18/11/2010
Removing the charge wasn't a big deal to me. I didn't use it a lot in TEN, and definitly wouldn't of used it here.
---
#317 Posted: 10:43:48 18/11/2010
The charging ability in both ANB and TEN didn't work very well, it was very hard to control Spyro when he was charging.
---
#318 Posted: 11:06:36 18/11/2010
And removing the charge from Spyro is nothing compared to removing the Spin Dash and Roll from some Sonic games.

Seriously Sega, give us some consistensy!
---
#319 Posted: 11:46:23 18/11/2010
I hope the next game will give me a reason not to give up buying Spyro games.
---
#320 Posted: 21:23:42 18/11/2010
Yeah, Spyro hasn't been Spyro lately.
---
I draw stuff.
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#321 Posted: 00:01:58 19/11/2010
This game was the shat, i loved it!
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
#322 Posted: 10:41:10 19/11/2010
What would have also been nice is that after fully completing the game, you could replace either Spyro or Cynder with a young version of Malefor. He will have both Spyro and Cynder's elements, except much more formiddable and destructive, and can even combine them, while having both health and breath decrease slower, however, not being able to be used in the last level. That would've made the game make my day.
---
#323 Posted: 12:02:35 19/11/2010
In my opinion, I can't see how that could improve the game, probably just make it worse.
---
#324 Posted: 12:54:10 19/11/2010
In my opinion, I can't see how that could improve the game, probably just make it worse.

How? Ppl are getting weird these days...
---
#325 Posted: 19:10:47 19/11/2010
Everybody's weird in their own way, no one is normal. What is normal anyway?
---
#326 Posted: 20:12:55 19/11/2010

I have no idea. It seems as if there is no such thing as normal.
Quote:
I agree with you on Dawn of the Dragon I didn't like the fact that the developer got rid of the charging ability, but I did like the fact that Spyro can roll, so that helps to move faster, and get out of the way of enemies. I would still rather have the charging ability though.

Agreed. And when you roll or evade an attack, while your rolling you don't get hurt. It's kinda cool but I still miss charging.
---
Slendy's Shadow
#327 Posted: 10:32:30 20/11/2010

Normal- Acting like everyone else, excluding some of those that aren't normal, but exactly what are the aspects of the personality?...

Also:

Once you've FINISHED the game, and that there'll be nothing to worry about.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:35:11 20/11/2010 by Robo-Spyro
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#328 Posted: 05:36:31 30/11/2010
I wish they didn't get rid of the charging ability. Seriously, that was a staple move, and they got rid of it. Yes, it was useless in ANB and TEN, but at least the games had it. But no, in DOTD, they replace the charging by flying, which wasn't good anyway. I'd rather charge again than fly, at least the games will be harder, and you can fall to your death. >.<

I hate it too. We just can't say anything without people taking it in so personally, then they complain that we start the fights. Seriously, it's the TLOS fans who always start it all by even bothering to spend a minuet of their life responding and complaining to every little post that says, "TLOS sucks".
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:41:12 30/11/2010 by DarkCynder_543
#329 Posted: 06:17:10 30/11/2010

Whats the cheat in StD?

For Spyro the Dragon you can get a Gameshark/Action Replay code so you can fly everywhere, I have one but it's a little different, it's just a moonjump code that I have, but when I use it sometimes the video game crashes.

Enter the Dragonfly would be interesting if it were remade, and if it was remade to the best of its ability, it will probably be the best Spyro game in my opinion.

I was meaning to ask a long time ago...How do you get an Action Replay code for a playstation game? I realy wish they would re-make EtD
---
Slendy's Shadow
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#330 Posted: 06:42:01 30/11/2010

Whats the cheat in StD?

I was meaning to ask a long time ago...How do you get an Action Replay code for a playstation game? I realy wish they would re-make EtD

I wish that too. An ETD remake would be great. ETD would have been a great game if it was finished.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#331 Posted: 21:41:53 30/11/2010

Whats the cheat in StD?

This website might help, www.codejunkies.com
---
#332 Posted: 05:18:08 01/12/2010
Kwl thanxsmilie When I get older and go to college I want to learn how to be a video game maker(I couldn't think of the word I wanted to use). Maybe if they ever stop making Spyro games then I could start making them and perhaps re-make EtD. That would be kinda cool to me anyway.
---
Slendy's Shadow
#333 Posted: 22:47:37 27/12/2010
It would be cool to me too. It needs a remake.
---
I draw stuff.
#334 Posted: 13:03:18 28/12/2010
ETD remake? Not sure. Glitches weren't the only reason it was bad. The level design was just bland. An ETD remake would do as much good as a Sonic 06 remake.
---
Epic7 Red Sparx Gems: 25
#335 Posted: 19:43:03 28/12/2010
Eh.. Me
---
I got the password to my old account. I am Spyro_987
#336 Posted: 19:44:44 28/12/2010
*Shakes Epic7's hand*
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#337 Posted: 20:54:20 29/12/2010
I actually liked the graphics of the PS1 Spyro games as opposed to ETD, ETD just looked funky to me o.o And the story wasn't too great. It was just like YotD, but with Dragon flies instead. Too repetitive.
First | Previous | Page 7 of 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me