Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
actual size? [CLOSED]
fantasy lover Fodder
#1 Posted: 11:54:35 28/11/2007
If Spyro and the other characters were ever real, how big [width and hieght] do you think they would be? [please include the characters in the legend of spyro sereies.]
Twilight Blue Sparx Gems: 742
#2 Posted: 12:04:47 28/11/2007
Probably same size as they are in the games, whatever that is.
In TLoS, I've always pictured Spyro as about knee high on an average sized, adult human. In OS, I've pictured him as about quarter way between the knee and waist on an average, adult human. In other words slightly higher in OS than in TLoS but never above a 80 centimetres approx.
---
As long as I don't have to do anything, I'm kool with it.
Pyro girl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1752
#3 Posted: 17:25:06 28/11/2007
Spyro, I'd say he head would come to just below waist hight.
---
Kakarot, I think I'm going to puke ~Vegeta
Live Long and Prosper ~ Mr. Spock
I'm stupid, I'm Stupid ~ Starscream
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#4 Posted: 19:00:46 28/11/2007
I think Ignitus would knock his head into the roof in my house.
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
Dragongyrl1000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1939
#5 Posted: 20:43:26 28/11/2007
I think Spyro would probably be 3 ft tall. Ignitus would probably be about 9 or 10 ft tall, and same for the guardians and the Chronicler. Cynder, same size as Spyro, Sparx, 30 in. long!! LOL JK And I'm guessing that Hunter would probably be about 5 ft tall.
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
#6 Posted: 21:19:49 28/11/2007
I think Hunter would maybe be about 5 ft 6 perhaps
---
#7 Posted: 21:25:44 28/11/2007
Really? Cuz if he WAS 5ft 6, then he would only be one inch taller than me! LOL
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#8 Posted: 21:33:02 28/11/2007
Ha Ha!!! If hunter was 5' 6", i'd still pass him by a good three inches, six if you count my shoes!!! LOL
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#9 Posted: 02:29:01 29/11/2007
I'm 7'1" (I've officially ended growing, according to my doctor). Maybe the Guardians would be taller than me. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#10 Posted: 02:31:39 29/11/2007
Holy Camoli!!!! Geezbewonkers!! You're really tall HIR! You're I think 16 in. taller than me!
---
#11 Posted: 02:34:50 29/11/2007
My dad and mom were both over 6 and three quarter feet. <.<;

And yet, I'm highly uncoordinated, and therefore suck at basketball. ;>.>
---
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#12 Posted: 02:38:58 29/11/2007
LOL!! when i went to visit my family in Texas, they were all like 'do you play basketball??' me: i suck at it!! ^___^ LOL it was funny cuz my cousin put my second cousin's toy up on the tallest shelf in the house, and I was able to reach it without a chair or standing on my toes, and he was like 'you can reach way up there? that's not fair!!!' LOL (btw hes like 6 years older than me!!!! LOL)

but I think that Spyro would be maybe three quarters my height.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
Komodo Blue Sparx Gems: 758
#13 Posted: 03:00:34 29/11/2007
It's hard for me too draw a comparison for Spyro because he's so dispraportionate. But I think Ignitus is about 8 ft or so.
---
I traded my soul for a muffin, and you know what? It was delicious.
#14 Posted: 03:45:48 29/11/2007
Don't know the imperial system very well, I mainly speak metric. According to the translations book I have I'd say I picture Spyro about... 2 - 2'6 ft I think, did I write that right. Never pictured him being very tall though.
---
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#15 Posted: 04:29:08 29/11/2007
I think Spyro would be around the size of a cat, truely. smilie The gaurdians: around 12ft by 8ft. Cynder in adult form: 22ft by 6ft (in her actual form, the size of a cat as well). The apes: from the size of a capuchan to a large gorrilla.

Quote:
I'm 7'1" (I've officially ended growing, according to my doctor). Maybe the Guardians would be taller than me. <.<;

o___________________________________o And I thought my boyfriend was tall.
#16 Posted: 00:05:29 30/11/2007
Quote: HIR
My dad and mom were both over 6 and three quarter feet. <.<;

And yet, I'm highly uncoordinated, and therefore suck at basketball. ;>.>

Hey, I suck at basketball too! smilie But I used to be good at it. My mom is like a midget, and she's an inch smaller than me, and I'm only 12! My dad is 6 ft, and my grandma is like almost 6 ft. That's probably why I'm kinda tall, but not too tall. I've seen bigger kids, like my friend Ericka. She's 5 ft 8 in. and only 11! smilie
---
fantasy lover Fodder
#17 Posted: 20:12:26 30/11/2007
I am almost 5'6 and am 17 years of age. my sister comes up to my eyebrow and she's only 12!smilie I think she's going to be taller than me when she gets older.
RedWelshDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#18 Posted: 20:42:08 30/11/2007
Spyro - 4 foot
Cynder - 3 3/4 foot (she's a little smaller in my opinion)
Guardians - 10 foot+
Sparx - since he's huge... 20 inches in length

On the height scale I think I'm going to stand over there with Pyro Girl.
*walks over*
I officially ended my growth spurt 4 years ago... smilie I haven't measured my height in years though... I bet I could beat you all on the skinny scale though - especially since I was ill and lost even more weight (okay, diet plan, RWD: eat more!). 1/4 of a stone, actually.
---
College is a refuge from hasty judgement.

Definition of a college lecturer: someone who talks in other peoples sleep.
#19 Posted: 04:25:45 01/12/2007
Damn miscalculation, so many decimals. I actually think Spyro and Cynder are around 1'3 ft - 1'6 ft in height (around knee height or above on an average human I think). Not quite sure on length.
---
Last edited at 04:27:54 01/12/2007 by Twilight
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12132
#20 Posted: 04:34:16 01/12/2007
Quote: Twilight
Damn miscalculation, so many decimals. I actually think Spyro and Cynder are around 1'3 ft - 1'6 ft in height (around knee height or above on an average human I think). Not quite sure on length.

that's what I think too
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#21 Posted: 21:02:26 03/12/2007
I'm no good with numbers, but I like to think of the bigger dragons being about the size of a tall adult human, which would mean the little ones (like Spyro and Cynder) are about the size of a puppy. We don't really have anything we can compare them with.
SFRB Green Sparx Gems: 218
#22 Posted: 04:19:37 05/12/2007
Ripto would be ther same size as me...................MIDGITTS SHALL RULE THER WORLD! =0
---
RED'S WORSE NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!*laughs like a madman and falls off chair*
YO MA HOMAIES!!!!!teh Spyro Hippy's in da HOUSE!!!!
jamieque Blue Sparx Gems: 766
#23 Posted: 15:44:30 16/01/2008
The height of Spyro and Cynder? Hmm... I would have to say probably waist height. The Guardians are probably pretty tall as in the 10+ feet range. I mean come on look at how small Spyro is when standing next to Ignitus' foot. Spyro and Cynder are very young. The Dragon Temple itself seems like it was built for dragons that maybe even larger then Ignitus and the others.

If you compare dragons to reptiles and they are then they never really stop growing as long as they live. Dragons have very long lifespans so that means the older the dragon the larger he/she will be. Look at Cynder when she was corrupted. She was huge so the size range is probably easy to determine. There is also the fact that since dragons have magical powers and abilities might they have the ability to alter their size. What if the size of the Ignitus and the other Guardians are the sizes they chose to stay in to save on energy costs. Bigger body size means more energy required to fuel it. Smaller size less food and energy requirements.

Yes, I take into account all these details because I am a writer and I have to do research to make a story make sense and have some believability. Even if it is fantasy... I won't swallow it if there isn't at least some effort made to explain to me in a logical way how the hell this can work or be done. Magic is fine but even it has to have a believable source otherwise the story begins to feel hollow and hollow stories don't stand up to much scrutiny. Give me a badly written story and I'll pick it apart in no time. Of course if it is a truly eye gouging out of your skull type horrible I will likely just light a match and toss it on the story and let it burn.
#24 Posted: 20:50:54 16/01/2008
These dragons appear to have a specific point at which they stop growing. The Chronicler is thousands of years old but he is roughly the same size as Ignitus and the other Guardians. Dark Cynder, too, is the same size as the adult Guardians. There seems to be a very clear point at which a dragon stops growing (likely at the end of adolescence; they have some very human/mammalian traits).
Frisby Gold Sparx Gems: 2496
#25 Posted: 05:24:26 20/01/2008
i had a vision that Spyro would be at least a little taller than me and im 5'6. i guess im the only one who thinks that. lol
---
☼Everyone chooses a hero... I'm happy I chose Spyro☼
RaidonMakoto Green Sparx Gems: 379
#26 Posted: 05:41:37 20/01/2008
Gnasty Gnorc and full grown dragons would probably be a good fifteen feet tall, while Spyro would probably be the average height of a human twelve year old. Hunter and Bianca are probably six feet, while Sheila, Byrd, and Agent 9 would be as big as their respective species. Bentley would probably be ten feet tall, and Ripto would probably be only four feet tall.

Don't know about LoS, as I have barely played ANB.
---
http://spyroworld.net/wiki/Main_Page - Spyro Wiki
http://spyrohistory.com - A Brief History of Spyro
http://spyroforum.com - Spyro Forum (I Mod There)
Gondana Blue Sparx Gems: 927
#27 Posted: 05:45:28 22/01/2008
I reckon that Spyro is about as tall as an adult human. And thats on all fours. At least old school Spyro is. New school Spyro is about the size of a small puppy.

Actually in the 1st games he was prety small but he got bigger and bigger.
---
Who ever said its better to haved loved then lost, than never to have loved at all was a lier and should be shot.
I'll be back. (Will return in 2011)
Last edited at 05:47:05 22/01/2008 by Gondana
#28 Posted: 09:51:14 22/01/2008
I've alway visulised Spyro as the size of my Dogs. On all fours be about 3'2 maybe and if he did rear up on his hind legs maybe about 5'4-ish, just slightly taller than me.
---
#29 Posted: 21:09:46 22/01/2008
Dang, if old-school Spyro was as tall as full-grown human on all fours in the old games, Elora must've been some kind of giant. o.O
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#30 Posted: 21:35:21 22/01/2008
Quote: Gondana
I reckon that Spyro is about as tall as an adult human. And thats on all fours. At least old school Spyro is. New school Spyro is about the size of a small puppy.

Actually in the 1st games he was prety small but he got bigger and bigger.

No in the old games he was the size of a fully grown sheep.
Last edited at 12:24:08 23/01/2008 by Gwenio
#31 Posted: 03:26:07 23/01/2008
Quote: Razz
Dang, if old-school Spyro was as tall as full-grown human on all fours in the old games, Elora must've been some kind of giant. o.O

I bet she could beat Yao Ming in basketball! *brick'd* x.o
---
#32 Posted: 22:53:58 23/01/2008
HIR: Bwahaha! smilie

In regards to the sheep thing... How many of you have ever stood next to a full-grown sheep? My uncle has several. The biggest one comes up to my hip (I'm 5'7"). Sheep are not as big as people think they are.
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#33 Posted: 02:46:37 24/01/2008
Quote: Razz
HIR: Bwahaha! smilie

In regards to the sheep thing... How many of you have ever stood next to a full-grown sheep? My uncle has several. The biggest one comes up to my hip (I'm 5'7"). Sheep are not as big as people think they are.

Which would make Elora about your hight give or take a few inches.
#34 Posted: 20:41:04 24/01/2008
Yep! Hee, that would be awesome. Actually, if we ever find out how tall Caroline Trujillo is, we'll know about how tall Elora is (since Caroline was the inspiration for Elora).
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me