Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
EL's Dragon Anatomy [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1 Posted: 02:02:36 01/01/2010 | Topic Creator
I know this was EL's first game that they have to do with dragons and all, but in my opinion, they somehow screwed up the characters' appearances while redrawing their designs into their own styles.

One, they made the Guardians walk funny and they drew their teeth like Barney's, unlike what all reptiles should have: sharp teeth. Not to mention, they made Ignitus have that eternal smile on his face when the situation turns serious.

Second, they didn't do Cynder's scale color right and probably didn't bother to correct it. She's supposed to look black completely, not having hints of purple all over her whenever she's in the dark or in the sunlight. They didn't draw Cynder's neck spikes correctly and they put her wing spikes backwards instead of what direction they should've been positioned.

They could've at least followed the character designs AND their colorations from the previous LoS games instead of warping them to match their style.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#2 Posted: 02:13:19 01/01/2010
Well, the designs were very much rushed. I think they could have really smoothed things out given another 6-9 months of development. Honestly, how could Sierra keep the release date where they did, change developers, and still expect a good review score and a good game to boot.

SHAME ON YOU SIERRA! You're nothing but a bunch of stubborn, money-obsessed, capitalist pig-dogs! ;~;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
spyro super fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#3 Posted: 02:18:52 01/01/2010
but honestly,change developer when the game was over halfway done?what were they thinking on?
---
Kiyoteru Hiyama - "You're engulfed in a sorrowful melody, come and sleep now.
Hereafter, the beginning of a tragedy must be burned into your eyes."
Cynder 19000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1822
#4 Posted: 02:20:06 01/01/2010
All they want is money. And if you EVER find i compeny that doesn't plz tell me.
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
spyro super fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#5 Posted: 02:22:18 01/01/2010
but honestly,the game would propably have sold atleast ten times better if they didnt change the developer,it makes no sense,they should know that the better the game is the better the sales
---
Kiyoteru Hiyama - "You're engulfed in a sorrowful melody, come and sleep now.
Hereafter, the beginning of a tragedy must be burned into your eyes."
#6 Posted: 02:24:53 01/01/2010
Well because they want the money, they over look that. Thats how life is though.
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
#7 Posted: 02:42:33 01/01/2010 | Topic Creator
I didn't understand why they changed game developers and art styles either. I heard Mike Graham was disappointed that TEN was very similar to ANB, that he and Chris Wilson wanted to try something new. They discovered EL, and thus created the sudden art style of DotD. I think it was a bad decision to change game developers during a game trilogy, but I think it was to introduce the Spyro franchise into the next generation platforms, like the 360 and the PS3. But still they should've kept the character designs instead of making EL make their own versions of the characters.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:45:44 01/01/2010 by Aura24
#8 Posted: 02:45:16 01/01/2010
Well, as i said it's life. Things change even if you don't want it too.
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
#9 Posted: 05:14:31 01/01/2010
Art styles and graphics really aren't what make a game fun IMO. It's the gameplay itself that makes a difference, and there's blatant evidence that the "fun factor" left a lot to be desired in DotD. <.>
---
Kusama Yellow Sparx Gems: 1023
#10 Posted: 10:42:13 01/01/2010
What really bothers me is their bandy back legs (which probably have 2 knees). It doesn't look that bad on cheetahs, but not on dragons.
Cynderfyre Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#11 Posted: 14:43:59 01/01/2010
The legs were quite annoying, they were too thin for starters. Cynder had this really thin body and neck, compared to in TEN. I didn't mind her colour change particularly, I quite liked it. It wasn't purple and it was fine, maybe a bit more blue than purple tone would've been better. But the colour change was fine. It was one of the few thigns I didn't mind abotu the design.
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
#12 Posted: 19:34:35 01/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Yeah? Well, EL made Cynder look like another purple dragon with their color shading. And this made many fans think she's another purple dragon because of it. They didn't even bother making her completely black as they made Spyro purple all over even in sunlight.
---
Poppy Ripto Gems: 1021
#13 Posted: 19:40:24 01/01/2010
Spyro looked pink in certain areas of the sunlight. xDD
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#14 Posted: 20:43:16 01/01/2010
The bottoms of the elders' feet were rounded too.

I agree with pretty muh all that has been said here.

Cynder's too think, Iggy smiles constatly, Cynder looks purple, Spyro looks a little pink, Cynder's too thin, and Sierra is full of money obsessed fools. Lucklily, I hear that Chris (I think it was him) is regretful about the change, saying it would be better if Krome made the game.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#15 Posted: 20:49:21 01/01/2010
Seirra is full of money obsessed fools, but what compeny isn't?
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
#16 Posted: 21:00:58 01/01/2010
True.... Sad, but true.
---
#17 Posted: 21:02:36 01/01/2010
*shakes head in disapointment*
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
#18 Posted: 21:02:46 01/01/2010
Quote: Cynder 19000

Well, the point of the entire game-making companies is to make money.
I doubt anyone would work in a company, make a video game, and do it for free. >.>
#19 Posted: 21:04:44 01/01/2010
Quote: Poppy

I doubt anyone would work in a company, make a video game, and do it for free. >.>

True...but doesn't any one think it's so stupid that if we dont have a piece of paper called 'money' we can't live our lives?
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
#20 Posted: 21:19:11 01/01/2010

True...but doesn't any one think it's so stupid that if we dont have a piece of paper called 'money' we can't live our lives?

If you'd rather be living in a shelter without having to use that paper to buy yourself a nice little house and stuff you want. Then, yes.
#21 Posted: 21:21:34 01/01/2010

If you'd rather be living in a shelter without having to use that paper to buy yourself a nice little house and stuff you want. Then, yes.

I know that! You think I'm stupid? But i just find it really stupid, i really feel sorry for the people on the streats though.
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
#22 Posted: 21:33:16 01/01/2010

Dunno. But when the first not-for-profit video game company comes into existence I'll let ya' know. <.>
---
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#23 Posted: 22:03:20 01/01/2010
Quote: Aura24
I know this was EL's first game that they have to do with dragons and all, but in my opinion, they somehow screwed up the characters' appearances while redrawing their designs into their own styles.

One, they made the Guardians walk funny and they drew their teeth like Barney's, unlike what all reptiles should have: sharp teeth. Not to mention, they made Ignitus have that eternal smile on his face when the situation turns serious.

Second, they didn't do Cynder's scale color right and probably didn't bother to correct it. She's supposed to look black completely, not having hints of purple all over her whenever she's in the dark or in the sunlight. They didn't draw Cynder's neck spikes correctly and they put her wing spikes backwards instead of what direction they should've been positioned.

They could've at least followed the character designs AND their colorations from the previous LoS games instead of warping them to match their style.

Who really cares? Quit ya moanin and face it. Im sick of people moanin about the stupidest little thing eg whitch way the wing spike is facin (outwards is better any way) thats life, face it.
#24 Posted: 22:08:32 01/01/2010
The problem with DotD is that it had too much hype. And it ended up disappointing a lot of people, who in turn are looking for every last detail to nitpick about. I am unfortunately one of those people. <.>
---
#25 Posted: 22:13:48 01/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: Ice Dragoness

Who really cares? Quit ya moanin and face it. Im sick of people moanin about the stupidest little thing eg whitch way the wing spike is facin (outwards is better any way) thats life, face it.

Please, most fans were used to Cynder's original design without EL messing her up. I would be glad if EL wasn't chosen as the next game developer of Spyro, not to what they tried to do by making the game epic. All I'm hoping now is that the next Spyro game won't have Spyro and Cynder being exactly like EL's design of them.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:58:42 02/01/2010 by Aura24
Phantom Platinum Sparx Gems: 5241
#26 Posted: 23:08:50 01/01/2010
Terrador was neon green. Ugh.
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
xx chloebabez Yellow Sparx Gems: 1087
#27 Posted: 23:54:38 01/01/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
The bottoms of the elders' feet were rounded too.

I agree with pretty much all that has been said here.

Cynder's too think, Iggy smiles constatly, Cynder looks purple, Spyro looks a little pink, Cynder's too thin, and Sierra is full of money obsessed fools. Lucklily, I hear that Chris (I think it was him) is regretful about the change, saying it would be better if Krome made the game

If that statement is true, thats actually a good thing. I believe Chris is one of the Guys in charge right? If they continue to make games set in Tlos universe, they may go back to Krome. Then the games will be better than what was of Dotd :3

I also agree pretty much everything thats been said in ths topic. They mad all the Characters look ugly, especially Cynder and Sparx, Cynder looked like she was about to snap and Sparx looked old and worn out, he only have 3 fingers! D: Spyro's design, wasnt bad, but his eyes looked droopy and emotionless, he had no sence of personality about him. I did like Terradors new design, but the other Guardians were just poorly done....

Not just all that, when you look at the graphics compairing Krome style and EL, Krome included grass in the levels and everything! EL's developers were just too lazy to do that. I seriously dont mind Spyro and Cynder in their teenage forms, they just could have fixed them up a little...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:56:40 01/01/2010 by xx chloebabez
#28 Posted: 00:03:55 02/01/2010
However, I liked the wings.
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
#29 Posted: 00:38:39 02/01/2010
I think Spyro is meant to be a kid. Now that he's a teen I don't see how they can go back. Oh, what a mess! As long as he doesn't get older or bigger, I think it'll be fine. Unless, DotD was a dream he had in the shell, none of DotD happened, and he is still young when he actually wakes up! smilie Actually...That would be a good excuse for them to remake the end of the LOS trilogy so it's not so bad! At least, that's my opinion. Btw, plz don't blow up on me for it.
---
#30 Posted: 00:41:36 02/01/2010
I think Spyro is meant to be a kid. Now that he's a teen I don't see how they can go back. Oh, what a mess! As long as he doesn't get older or bigger, I think it'll be fine. Unless, DotD was a dream he had in the shell, none of DotD happened, and he is still young when he actually wakes up! smilie Actually...That would be a good excuse for them to remake the end of the LOS trilogy so it's not so bad! At least, that's my opinion. Btw, plz don't blow up on me for it.

I won't. However it is slightly cheesy.
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
#31 Posted: 00:42:30 02/01/2010
And the rest of LOS isn't?
---
#32 Posted: 03:51:30 02/01/2010
None of LoS's plotline is particularly groundbreaking. <.<;
---
#33 Posted: 04:58:13 02/01/2010
And the rest of LOS isn't?

Good point.
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
#34 Posted: 12:32:41 02/01/2010
I liked the idea of Cynder chaging colour, not the colour. Could've been more blueish. But she is just slightly purple, she looks nothing like Spyro or Malefor so she is not a purple dragon.

I hated Ignitus' smile, he didn't even have the right teeth to smile with. If his teeth have gone that blunt in three years, he seriously needs a dentist.
They were always smiling, it looked wierd. He was about to die and make Spyro miserable and turn into Dark Spyro, and he was still smiling.
And he looks too fat. Plus he looks old. If he's gotten that much older in three years, he seriously needs to get off lead powder.
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
#35 Posted: 12:52:30 02/01/2010
I also noticed something with Terrador, when Ignitus was giving out orders, after the destroyer level. You see Terradors face and he has this big goofy smile, just before he flies off o_o
#36 Posted: 15:19:27 02/01/2010
Volteer is way too tired and old sounding! I don't care if he was at war, he shouldn't have been worn down that much. He needed more lines!
---
#37 Posted: 15:28:36 02/01/2010
Volteer was my Guardian just after Cyril, but they ruined both of them =( >.>

I wasn't keen on their designs, and they only got one line each...
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#38 Posted: 22:51:27 02/01/2010
I only found Cyril's design good out of the guardians. I did like Spyro and Cynder's designs too... *hides behind chair*
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#39 Posted: 22:53:53 02/01/2010
I noticed the guardians walked funny in the scene after you open the gates to the underground, they looked like they didnt bend their legs but waddled smilie
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#40 Posted: 17:10:31 03/01/2010
Cynder: I really hated that they made her look purple....and the n00bs now that think she's another purple dragon...already saw a topic like that a long time ago!

Spyro: Now people think Spyro is gay because he looks fricken PINK in some areas....damn creators had to go and mess EVERYTHING up!
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#41 Posted: 18:32:09 03/01/2010
Tee hee that was me who made that topic! I knew it was a design flaw! I just LOVE to see people get P*ssed and fly off the handle! Seriously though, some people were like that Mad German kid! Have you seen that vid? Oh man, I wish I could have seen how people reacted at thier computers!
---
#42 Posted: 19:33:17 03/01/2010
Quote: spyrathedragon
Cynder: I really hated that they made her look purple....and the n00bs now that think she's another purple dragon...already saw a topic like that a long time ago!

Spyro: Now people think Spyro is gay because he looks fricken PINK in some areas....damn creators had to go and mess EVERYTHING up!

That true, but to me in ANB he looked pink aswell, but not TEN.
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
#43 Posted: 20:58:31 04/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Cynder looks too thin, in my opinion. She doesn't look like that thin in her adult form in ANB.
---
#44 Posted: 21:42:06 04/01/2010
Cynder looks too thin, in my opinion. She doesn't look like that thin in her adult form in ANB.

Ya, i didn't mind her desighn to much, i kinda liked it. But she need some more meat on her bones.
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
#45 Posted: 02:35:22 05/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Look at the difference between Krome Terrador and EL Terrador:

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
Spyros Dagger Yellow Sparx Gems: 1495
#46 Posted: 03:07:14 05/01/2010
^ Yeah, I think he looked better back then.
#47 Posted: 03:14:47 05/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Krome Volteer and Cyril and EL Volteer and Cyril:

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:36:50 05/01/2010 by Aura24
#48 Posted: 05:17:51 05/01/2010
The concept art for DotD is far better than the final product. That's a fact. <.<;
---
#49 Posted: 17:00:45 05/01/2010
The details:
Terrador:
  • Krome Terrador has more spike things on his wing.
  • His tail spikes are larger for Krome Terrador, which I rekcon looks better.
  • EL Terrador has feet too big, his back legs are too thin and pointy, his chest is too puffed out and his body is too thin.
  • Before his club tail, EL Terrador has two small spikes that weren't there before.
  • His Krome crest was split into seperate bits, EL crest is all one big wavy piece.
  • EL Terrador has no brown spots, but has gained these sort of brown plates on his shoulder.
  • EL Terrador has every scale visible, and Krome Terrador looks less old because Krome Terrador doesn't have every scale visible there.
  • Krome botehred to put his other wing in there.

Volteer:
  • EL Volteer has a sharp tail end. He doesn't suit a knife very well.
  • His old frill, again, was split into parts. And all his frills have changed, but I can't really describe it. The EL ones look like fin things.
  • His shoulder frills have changed shape and direction.
  • His back legs are too thin and his his front ones are fat. Plus his feet are massave.
  • EL has added so many scales you can't see those pale yellow lightning marks taht I think look pretty good on him.
  • Krome's version looks almost cute and cuddly. EL spoiled the feeling.

Cyril:
  • Not bad, but...
  • Someone dented his horns in EL design?
  • His EL wings weren't bad, but they didn't have the same 'frosty' appearance.
  • His feet and toes are too wide in EL.
  • Krome gave him more spike things on his tail, he lost some in EL design.
  • His back legs in Krome version had little side-leg claw thingies.
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
#50 Posted: 17:01:19 05/01/2010
^ Yep it is.

I think the concept for DotD looks like that of TEN, but with more detail. Also, does anyone thing that Terrador's wings look to small to allow for flight, at least in that pic. I think he looked more capable of flight in the actual game though.
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me