Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > The life of the Dark Master
Page 1 of 1
The life of the Dark Master [CLOSED]
Twilight Blue Sparx Gems: 742
#1 Posted: 23:00:10 17/11/2007 | Topic Creator
Despite The Chronicler's history, the DM remains an enigma. Post your idea's of the DM's past, present and future, relationships with other characters (existing or otherwise), basically anything DM. Give your idea's anyway you like, comment, deductions, short stories, anything.
---
As long as I don't have to do anything, I'm kool with it.
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#2 Posted: 23:35:34 17/11/2007
well, its just somethin i've been thinking bout, but here

The DM and Twalle (twa-ye) were close friends since the day they hatched. And now they were adults and their love was stronger than any bond in the world. (just to let you know, they had gotten married) But the DM noticed that the Gaurdians were spending a lot of time talking to Twalle in private.
"I wonder what they are talking about." he said to himself as they went into another one of their secret meetings.

"I'm sorry Twalle, but not everyone gets to choose their path," Fronadrick was trying to talk some sense into her.
"But how can you expect Grathan (the DM) to just let me go? I can't even let him go, I love him so much."
"Now Tawlle, you have to understand, your power of the knowledge is too great for the outside world. What if you were captured? Then our enemies could use that knowledge against all of the dragons, against us, against Grathan....."
"NO!!! I won't go!!! I am more than capable of handling myself, not to mention Grathan wouldn't let any harm come to me!!!"
"Twalle, you've given us no choice, you are banished from the Dragon Lands!!"
Grathan, who had been eavesdropping, yelled out "If she goes than I go!!!"
"Grathan! Why were you listening to us?? This was a private conversation!!"
"Why are you forcing Twalle to go!!! She's not in any danger!!"
"I'm sorry Grathan, but she is banished, and you two are not allowed to see each other ever again!!"

Twalle stepped right next to Grathan, and whispered in his ear "I will always be with you." She then flew away from the temple, from the only dragon she had ever loved, and while Grathan watched her go, anger swelled up inside him.

As the days went by, the guardians were wondering if they made the right choice. Grathan was now show more violence and determination in his training than before. They wondered if Twalle balanced his life, and now there isn't that balance anymore.......And now Grathan, having little to do now that he no longer had the company was deeply depressed with anger, and he took it out on the small creatures around him. He soon grew to be pure evil. When the Gaurdians had banished him, he knew that he would get his revenge, revenge on all dragons and their stupid ways.

But then after being trapped in the well of souls, he thought back to Twalle, and the look on her face if he had ever tried to harm her. And then, one night, during the Eclipse, Twalle had come to him, to rescue him, and if for only a short while, all of his anger had vanished, seeing that familiar face and sensible voice had brought him to grips with himself, and every eclipse, she came to him, and they would reminice of those happy years growing up together and try to find a way to free him.

And one night, as she watched him get sucked back into the well of souls, she felt a change inside her, and she knew, that another life was growing inside her body.........
---
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
#3 Posted: 00:04:52 18/11/2007 | Topic Creator
Kool, keep it coming SxC. Other's too please.
---
Glass Gryphon Gold Sparx Gems: 2686
#4 Posted: 00:19:12 18/11/2007
I can't get enough of your stories SpyroxCynder <3. I love it!
---
¡¡I love exclamation points!!
#5 Posted: 00:21:13 18/11/2007
gosh!!! if i even TRIED to show ppl these stories at school, they'd do anything to shut me up!!! LOL but thanks GG!!! I'm always open to yous ppls comments!!!

and i'm really surprised how this one turned out, cuz i made it up on the spot!!!
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
#6 Posted: 00:58:51 18/11/2007 | Topic Creator
Again, kool SxC. Does anyone else have idea's of the DM.
---
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#7 Posted: 01:21:02 18/11/2007
Well, I won't give a really in-depth review and go right away with what needs to be fixed:

Dragons don't get pregnent. They're reptiles, they lay eggs.
Last edited at 01:24:20 18/11/2007 by Zerodius
#8 Posted: 01:33:45 18/11/2007
yeah, the egg, is growing inside her.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#9 Posted: 02:16:00 18/11/2007
I always thought that they were just sort of magically created. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Dragongyrl1000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1939
#10 Posted: 05:17:22 18/11/2007
Aw, that was a cute story! And it's a love story about the Dark Master. Never thought of that before. Anyways, I actually liked it. The connection between the Dark Master and Twalle was very romantic, although I don't like romance. Should make another part of that, it's quite sad when they seperate, but then they see eachother again during the Eclispe. What a story!! smilie
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
#11 Posted: 06:39:07 18/11/2007 | Topic Creator
"There's nothing I can do, a total eclipse of the heart".
Short 'n' true.
---
Sails_the_fox Fodder
#12 Posted: 03:17:06 01/03/2008
hmm... i think mabey he got his powers and there was another female dragon they liked echother (blah blah blah smilie) and he had to much powers or something and he started the ape army and he killed the female (smilie) dragon and he was EVIL and the elders seal'd him away! or something like that!
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#13 Posted: 01:34:48 02/03/2008
Quote: SpyroxCynder
yeah, the egg, is growing inside her.

Nope, reptiles develop inside the egg ,outside the mother

Lol I do Biology at school smilie

Anyways It would be the same for the dragons.

Well back on topic...
Personally I think the Dark Master just wanted nore power
Thats why hes evil!
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#14 Posted: 02:33:25 02/03/2008
Um, Zerodius? Egg layers do get pregnant. That's how fertile, viable eggs are made.

Anyway, this is a place holder until I have time to post my theories about the DM's past and present (I reserve judgment on his future for the third game).
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#15 Posted: 04:20:00 02/03/2008
Right... we all needed a Biology lesson in this topic anyway. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#16 Posted: 04:23:46 02/03/2008 | Topic Creator
Correct Razz, and some mammalian organisms lay eggs aswell. Looking forward to your theories.
---
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#17 Posted: 15:53:46 02/03/2008
Quote: Razz
Um, Zerodius? Egg layers do get pregnant. That's how fertile, viable eggs are made.

Anyway, this is a place holder until I have time to post my theories about the DM's past and present (I reserve judgment on his future for the third game).

Am only 15 years old, Gahhh....(and 16 in 22 days)
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#18 Posted: 16:16:28 02/03/2008
ONLY 15....im only 12 lolz
Ma story of the DM is that he had 2 daughters: Cynder and Pravus. and after Cynder went good, Pravus escaped convexity and rules the DM's throne...theres more to it
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
Last edited at 16:17:59 02/03/2008 by Lover of Spyro
Ralz Fodder
#19 Posted: 20:31:43 11/03/2008
The Dark Master was Spyro's father. That's how Spyro turned to Dark Dragon when he faught Gaul.
artiste_violet Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10803
#20 Posted: 20:32:31 11/03/2008
The Dark Master isn't Spyro's father! He's more of an ancestor...
Dragonfriend243 Green Sparx Gems: 111
#21 Posted: 00:02:49 12/03/2008
Quote: Ralz
The Dark Master was Spyro's father. That's how Spyro turned to Dark Dragon when he faught Gaul.

I don't think so. It would be a spoof off of StarWars.
---
Welcome to DarkSpyro!smilie PURPLE!
smilieIt is time to unleash the true dragon within you! smilie POW! katara45 and SpyroGamer2008 i love cynder
#22 Posted: 20:50:33 12/03/2008
The DM can't be Spyro's dad. He died several hundred years before Spyro was born.

And, at long last, here are my theories about the DM as cobbled together by what the games implied.

In his early years and perhaps for a generation or two after his birth, the DM played a major role in dragon society. He was obviously considered a great and benevolent creature (there are statues of him all over the Temple, which suggests that he did a lot of good for the dragons). In his quest to make the best life possible for all of dragon kind, he began to follow the philosophy of "the end justifies the means", which means he was willing to do anything, no matter how twisted and cruel, if he thought it would benefit the dragons. I don't know what he might have done that was the final straw (and I don't think I'd want to know), but eventually the dragons had to cast him out since they couldn't kill him.

During his lifetime, he likely started the war with the apes and carried it on through the generations he was in power, intending to wipe them off the world since they were the only creatures who wanted to be on equal terms with dragons instead of beneath them. When he was banished, the DM came across a band of refugees from the ape/dragon wars. Feeling that the dragons who'd banished him were in the wrong, he decided to get rid of them using their old enemies and re-shape the whole world to be best suited for all of dragon kind.

He used the apes as pawns, shaping them to his desires and creating an army. He came close to bringing down dragon kind, but he was so caught up in his own schemes he was unaware of how vile he had become. Malefore swallowed him whole, but his power was so great that his spirit only needed the right time to come back into the world (i.e. he was waiting for the first Night of Eternal Darkness so he could bring himself back to life).

However, the second purple dragon and several elemental Guardians banded together to stop the DM from coming back (he'd caused significant harm in the few generations he'd been banished). They created Convexity, some of them giving their own lives in the effort, to trap him in the spirit world.

Of course, this didn't stop him. Though his ape army had been decimated, the DM still had his greatest pawn, Gaul, and enough of what he needed to plan for an escape. It took many centuries, during which time he made sure the dragon race which had imprisoned him dwindled by sending raids against them and slowly tearing apart their societies until they became the small-numbered, living-in-ruins dragons we see in ANB. And, of course, in TEN, his plans come to fruition and he's out now, with the one unexpected pitfall: at least part of him is trapped in a certain little purple dragon.

And that's my theories, in brief, about the DM's life and death up until the end of TEN.
#23 Posted: 22:39:53 12/03/2008
Quote: Razz
The DM can't be Spyro's dad. He died several hundred years before Spyro was born.

And, at long last, here are my theories about the DM as cobbled together by what the games implied.

In his early years and perhaps for a generation or two after his birth, the DM played a major role in dragon society. He was obviously considered a great and benevolent creature (there are statues of him all over the Temple, which suggests that he did a lot of good for the dragons). In his quest to make the best life possible for all of dragon kind, he began to follow the philosophy of "the end justifies the means", which means he was willing to do anything, no matter how twisted and cruel, if he thought it would benefit the dragons. I don't know what he might have done that was the final straw (and I don't think I'd want to know), but eventually the dragons had to cast him out since they couldn't kill him.

During his lifetime, he likely started the war with the apes and carried it on through the generations he was in power, intending to wipe them off the world since they were the only creatures who wanted to be on equal terms with dragons instead of beneath them. When he was banished, the DM came across a band of refugees from the ape/dragon wars. Feeling that the dragons who'd banished him were in the wrong, he decided to get rid of them using their old enemies and re-shape the whole world to be best suited for all of dragon kind.

He used the apes as pawns, shaping them to his desires and creating an army. He came close to bringing down dragon kind, but he was so caught up in his own schemes he was unaware of how vile he had become. Malefore swallowed him whole, but his power was so great that his spirit only needed the right time to come back into the world (i.e. he was waiting for the first Night of Eternal Darkness so he could bring himself back to life).

However, the second purple dragon and several elemental Guardians banded together to stop the DM from coming back (he'd caused significant harm in the few generations he'd been banished). They created Convexity, some of them giving their own lives in the effort, to trap him in the spirit world.

Of course, this didn't stop him. Though his ape army had been decimated, the DM still had his greatest pawn, Gaul, and enough of what he needed to plan for an escape. It took many centuries, during which time he made sure the dragon race which had imprisoned him dwindled by sending raids against them and slowly tearing apart their societies until they became the small-numbered, living-in-ruins dragons we see in ANB. And, of course, in TEN, his plans come to fruition and he's out now, with the one unexpected pitfall: at least part of him is trapped in a certain little purple dragon.

And that's my theories, in brief, about the DM's life and death up until the end of TEN.

DM didn't die.
---
smilieIt is time to unleash the true dragon within you! smilie POW! katara45 and SpyroGamer2008 i love cynder
#24 Posted: 23:15:01 12/03/2008
The game implies strongly that he did. It doesn't say his physical body survived and it does say specifically that only the spirits roam the mountain fortress on the Night of Eternal Darkness. Everything in the games so far has led me, and many players, to believe that he is dead and he was being resurrected. I think Ignitus even says something about Cynder trying to resurrect him.

Edit: Also, Twilight was asking for what we thought about the DM's life. This is what I think until the games prove me otherwise, if they do at all.
Last edited at 23:29:26 12/03/2008 by Razz
#25 Posted: 01:06:31 13/03/2008
Oh right I thought you meant he was gone FOREVER you were right I was wrong sorry.
---
#26 Posted: 07:14:40 13/03/2008 | Topic Creator
Overall, I have to say your theory has to be one of, if not the, best theory on the DM's past that I have seen. It made me think of the song "Understanding (Wash It All Away)" by Evanescence for very some unkown reason. Understand that when I think of music to something it means I really like whatever I'm reading/viewing/listening too.
---
Last edited at 06:09:51 14/03/2008 by Twilight
#27 Posted: 12:48:15 13/03/2008
No worries, Dragonfriend. smilie Yeah, he died, but he definitely came back.

Wow, thank you Twilight. smilie I'm hoping to expand on it more and tell the full story via Gaul's story in comic form. Hopefully, this will happen. smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me