Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Theories on the new continuity [SPOILERS]
Page 1 of 1
Theories on the new continuity [SPOILERS] [CLOSED]
Nayamou Green Sparx Gems: 310
#1 Posted: 22:08:32 11/11/2007 | Topic Creator
I actually can't accept that the Insomniac trilogy and the Krome trilogy are the same series. They're just ... so different. Here's my theory on how it could work out:

Think of the Legend of Zelda. Ocarina of Time and the Wind Waker look completely different, right? Same series, just tWW is 500 or so years unto the future. Every Link, Zelda and Ganondrof in those games are reincarnations of past ones. In a way, TP link and tWW Link are the same Link.

What if the same was for the Spyro series? Maybe the Insomniac Spyro and Sparx are the original duo, meaning that Spyro was the first purple dragon. (hear me out on this, I know it sounds weird already) And seeing as the Dark Master is the first purple dragon, the original Spyro was driven insane by something, and it drove him to a killing spree, corrupting his whole body. He was executed, but his soul lingered. For good measures, his body was trapped in a prison between realms, where nobody could find him [Convexity]. Every 100 years, with the birth of the purple dragon, his spirit was driven mad. He wanted, so badly, to find one with a weak enough heart to corrupt. Every time, he sent out forces to test their mettle. When the new Spyro came along, the Dark Master [old Spyro] could tell he was perfect. He ordered Gaul to fetch a dragon egg [Cynder] and use it to help him break free, to corrupt the new Spyro's body and live once more. But with the eclipse drawing in soon, he knew it was the time to act.
And the Dark Master eventually got that joy, if only for ten minutes when he possessed Spyro. The Dark Master then decided that he should reanimate his old body and ... well, whatever happens in the third game.

And with this theory, the LoS Hunter is indeed a different Hunter, from a more modern Avalar. That's why Spyro knew him, from past lives.

That actually sounds like a really bad fanfic. xD

You opinions on this?
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#2 Posted: 22:31:09 11/11/2007
The old and new storylines are NOT linked...

But excluding this, this actually seems like a good idea if we link the old and new stories together.

Oh and regarding the old Spyro's corruption... no need for anything to corrupt him ; by the end of the old serie, Spyro had become amazingly arrogant and self-centered, becoming more of an anti-hero. Just add a 'lil bit of power and what little good he had left would have easily been vaporized.
Last edited at 22:32:04 11/11/2007 by Zerodius
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#3 Posted: 00:21:51 12/11/2007
yeah, he was cocky and self centered.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#4 Posted: 00:34:25 12/11/2007
Nayamou, you have a huge contradiction in your story.

You claim the Legend of Spyro series is a more modern world. I have but one thing to say. IT. IS. NOT.

So far, we've seen not ONE sign of anything mechanized or technology-based. Whereas, there were laboratory stages, robots, the Professor and his gizmos, tons of MODERN items in the Original Continuity. This, unfortunately, would have to hugely reverse your idea. It would be impossible for something like the complete downgrade of modern technology to happen. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#5 Posted: 17:29:25 12/11/2007
yeah, but of course, there isn't a professor running about inventing things. also the only characters that would be able to build things (i.e. they have opposable thumbs) are on the bad guys side........
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
Nayamou Green Sparx Gems: 310
#6 Posted: 17:55:26 13/11/2007 | Topic Creator
I'm just assuming it's in a different area of the Dragon Realms, is all. I mean, they could be incredibly vast, and the Spyro games haven't even shown a quarter of them...
Twilight Blue Sparx Gems: 742
#7 Posted: 13:01:22 15/11/2007
Holy Crispy C**p, Nayamou that sounds crazy enough to work. I had a loosely similiar idea but yours is far more interesting.
---
As long as I don't have to do anything, I'm kool with it.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me