First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4
Things that don't make sence in DotD! [CLOSED]
Reecie-Peecie Green Sparx Gems: 309
#151 Posted: 23:52:47 13/03/2010
You guys might know the answer, but it made me confused, ok, its the cutscene before the ruins of warfang, the mole says that the doors are for only leaving, not going back in, and that they have to be opened on the 'inside', but, while they are talking, they ARE on the inside, and spyro and cynder have to go to the outside to open them??? i mean, it completely made no sense to me, if he sayd it has to be opened on the inside, why do they have to go to the outside to do that???
---
http://thespyroguru.webs.com/ * My Website! Please go on it! hahaha
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#152 Posted: 00:19:44 14/03/2010
I was pondering that the other day, RP. I could make no sense of it whatsoever.
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#153 Posted: 00:26:51 14/03/2010
Quote: Reecie-Peecie
You guys might know the answer, but it made me confused, ok, its the cutscene before the ruins of warfang, the mole says that the doors are for only leaving, not going back in, and that they have to be opened on the 'inside', but, while they are talking, they ARE on the inside, and spyro and cynder have to go to the outside to open them??? i mean, it completely made no sense to me, if he sayd it has to be opened on the inside, why do they have to go to the outside to do that???

the doors lead to the underground tunnels so I guess thats what he meant when he said inside...
But why would a secret exit only able to be opened from the opposite side??So if the enemies accidentaly find the other end of the tunnel, they could just go in and open the way to the damn city! it's just stupid!
and if there was a crack in the wall where Spyro and Cynder got though to get to the inside of the place, why the hell couldn't they just blow up the wall and get in ?! I mean.. you got 4 big elemental dragon guardians,Spyro and Cynder. Fury attack/shoop da woop anyone?...no? alright... I'll just go through the hole in the wall and spend the next 15 mins beating up enemies and being terribly bored of the level , while everybody else is just chilling out on the otherside of the gates...god damn...
#154 Posted: 01:04:02 14/03/2010
Quote: Kimbia28

the doors lead to the underground tunnels so I guess thats what he meant when he said inside...
But why would a secret exit only able to be opened from the opposite side??So if the enemies accidentaly find the other end of the tunnel, they could just go in and open the way to the damn city! it's just stupid!
and if there was a crack in the wall where Spyro and Cynder got though to get to the inside of the place, why the hell couldn't they just blow up the wall and get in ?! I mean.. you got 4 big elemental dragon guardians,Spyro and Cynder. Fury attack/shoop da woop anyone?...no? alright... I'll just go through the hole in the wall and spend the next 15 mins beating up enemies and being terribly bored of the level , while everybody else is just chilling out on the otherside of the gates...god damn...

There was no need to say g** d*** now was there?

It was stupid, though. I guess that's the producers' lame excuse for that level.
Reecie-Peecie Green Sparx Gems: 309
#155 Posted: 06:02:51 14/03/2010
It never really was my favourite level lol, i dont know why instead of that they could have just opened the door anyway, seeing as though they where on the inside??? lol, we could have had a level where perhaps, you go collect them from somewhere in warfang, not the ruins of warfang, lol, or maybe an increadibly beautiful level like The valley of avalar smilie
---
http://thespyroguru.webs.com/ * My Website! Please go on it! hahaha
#156 Posted: 06:07:33 14/03/2010
Yeah...
black dragon Ripto Gems: 2470
#157 Posted: 06:55:33 14/03/2010
Heres some.
Why have both air currents and invisable walls? If air currents keeps you out and makes some sence, why have some random invisable wall just sitting there? Seriesly, it like, Hey Cynder, lets see who's faster! *Bonk* Atleast air currents aren't just suddenly there.
Malefor is going to destroy the world, where would he go after that?
Ignitus couldn't send the orb with Spyro and Cynder in a safe area, but could in a death zone?
Ice can't put out a fire?
Flying around over a gap. WTF was that about? You have a limited flying place over visable land, but can fly super high over somewhere so far down you can't see the bottom?
Falling was stupid. You don't just suddenly plod down after the land goes down, it takes time.
Cheeta patterns anyone?
The chain can go through trees, rocks, and even walls, but not some metal thing?
Did someone do something to Volteer?
SpyroLovr Blue Sparx Gems: 591
#158 Posted: 07:15:10 14/03/2010
yer like in the valley of avalar they could't just pick meadow up and drag him... and in the floating islands they ouldnt just fly over the big door!!?? P.S malefore doesnt have much security where he lives
---
Do you like waffles? Yer we like waffles! Do you like pancakes? Yer we like pancakes! Do you like French toast? Yer we like french toast!
Klhoe16 Red Sparx Gems: 69
#159 Posted: 12:09:20 14/03/2010
Quote: Aura24
Maybe it was the crystal's means of protecting the ones trapped inside. You know, when the grublin struck it with its mace, instead of being shattered instantly, the blow triggered the moment when Spyro and Cynder were about to trapped in time before the time crystal started to crack apart and shatter, therefore releasing Spyro, Cynder, and Sparx.

...just one thing, they was trapped in Well Of Souls or "Catacombs" ??
and I can't remember about see that way ti the room what Spyro was trapped :/
---
I'm on Team Gaga!!! smilie
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#160 Posted: 13:29:09 14/03/2010
Theres another thing that kinda confuses me ...
In the cheetah village when Spyro and Cynder get captured...in the cutscene...
Isn't it a bit wierd that chief Prowlus had a key and a lock in the really similar look and shape of the chain that was holding Spyro and Cynder together and it actually held the chain to the lock thingy....
How come they know of this 'technology'?If it's apperently invented by Malefor himself, and he should probably be the only one to know how this stuff works or something...(the mole said that the chain has a mark of evil,and probably crafted by Malefor himself.... so If the cat-people used a lock and key that was really similar to it and held it, doesn't that make them malefor's allies lolwut?I doubt they sneaked into Malefor's place and stole some stuff, seeing as how the place is above the volcano...
any explanations for this?
Klhoe16 Red Sparx Gems: 69
#161 Posted: 16:16:43 14/03/2010
Yeah, good point...
---
I'm on Team Gaga!!! smilie
Pinkdesi101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1276
#162 Posted: 21:37:57 14/03/2010
i know this can sort of make sence in DOTD, but not the last two.
you hear ignitus's voice in the last level/cutscene. it could make sence in DOTD,(he's dead, his spirit might be there, after all, you could make out his face) but in ANB and TEN, how the heck did spyro hear him?!
---
...is this supposed to be my signature?
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#163 Posted: 21:38:17 14/03/2010

Inside the tunnels, which appear to be an underground complex. All exits from it are likely locked from inside the tunnels as well.
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#164 Posted: 16:20:22 16/03/2010
Quote: Pinkdesi101
listing all the things i think is strange:
1: does cynder's jewlry grow out of her skin or something?!?! O.O
2: hunter said they couldn't go through that way. they are dragons! THEY HAVE WINGS!!! smilie
3: same thing for the belt of fire, plus, the fire would've given a good updraft. smilie
4: um, the crystal is strong enough to survive a colapsing mountain, but not a GRUBLAN?!?! must've been a strong grublan...
5: with the fire in dragon city, why couldn't spyro just use his ice breath. the fire mealts the ice and turns it into water. fire+water is supposed to = no more fire. >.>
6: um, they look a little different, how did they change in the crystal, there was no room in there.
7: why didn't the destroyer die right after cynder and spyro tried to kill it? i mean, if your going to have an entire level, a long one, trying to kill something, and it still survives, isn't it sort of pointless? i mean, i can see the dam not being a waist, they didn't know it wasn't going to be the best idea.
8: how does sparx's voice keep changing?!?! o.o
i don't wanna go on. >.>

and there's some other wierd stuff I noticed aswell o_o

1. why the hell did Malefor's(well I assume they are his minions cus they pretty much look all the other ones in DotD) minions set Spyro and Cynder free from the crystal anyway?!I mean wouldn't Malefor like want them out of his way while he's taking over the world or trying to blow it up,wth is up with that? I would make more sence that Hunter set them free but he didn't
But it just so happens to be that the enemies came at that place at the same time as Hunter -.-

Why set them free if they are your biggest threat ?! OH yea and putting some dumb chain on them is REALLY going to prevent them from doing anything since they can still fight and fly with it (nice job EL for clearing up the zomg-were-stuck-together-so-this-is-now-a-co-op-gamee ,it just makes Soooo much sence -.-")

2. Seriously ? it took Hunter 3 years to find them :l ?! are kidding me??Well I don't see the Dragon City being on the other side of the world or something so he couldn't get from point A(the city) to point B(the ruins-place-thingy)
in time.
Plus they probably knew Spyro and Cynder were at the ruins ,becouse THEY COULDN'T move anywhere since they were stuck in a god damn crystal.And it isn't even that far away from the Dragon city !
It's like just the area around (the catacombs), twillight fall which is I assume not that big of a place, valley of Avalar (in where Hunter even says: if we march quickly we'll be in the dragon city by daybreak.
So it's only like 2 days journey or something...

Since the guardians fought and lost and their temple has been torn out of the ground and levitated above the volcano, they moved into dragon city AND just stood there and WAITED for Spyro and Cynder to come.

Ignitus:-alright guys were just gonna stand here and relax while I've sent this cheetah-lookin' guy to find Spyro and Cynder , no worries, he should find them ooh I don't know...in about a year or so since he's like slow as heck ,even tho we can like...FLY and could get there really quickly , I just don't want to miss my soap opera show today cuz I just NEED to know wuut happenz next @_@!-
OW and there are other dragons there (in cutscenes)why not just send them? I could go on...

3. Malefor...why didn't you release the destroyer right after you came back?why not?
He wanted to blow up the damn planet, well do so goddammit don't wait for everybody to arrive at dragon city so you can politely announce it.
malefor:-well hello there, now that your all here I can now ressurect the destroyer!weeeee even tho I could've done that 3 years ago...but naaw I want to maek ppl LE GASP! in terror when I announce stuff >:3 hihi tee hee *evil*

4. and why does he want to blow up the planet if it's going to kill him aswell? As far as I know he just wanted to rule the world or something like that, not blow it up...until DoTD came and he was probably fed up with everything and just wanted it all blown to bits.lolsuicide

might add some more soon...
whoa this is a long post smiliesry bout that
I know its just a video game...and a lot of games have plotholes
but fgs if your trying to make a game that has a dark and more serious and EPICZZ kind of plot and if the game is heavily based around the plot itself
then you should better make it a good one and not a mish-mash of stuff that make no sence.Get better writers for these kind of stuff...kkthxbye
and most of all... DON'T RUSH IT.

OK, Spyra's offically pissed now, who wants me to make a DOTD revamp where EVERYTHING MAKES SENCE? EH? EH?

And there was no crystal to shmashy washy, no big arse volcano...and we need a LET'S SEE WHAT-A HAPPENED TO TEH TEMPLE/SPARX'S PARENTS/TEH SWAMP.

O YA! 34 POINTS FOR SPYRA!

xDDD
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
jimmiekleman Green Sparx Gems: 137
#165 Posted: 08:33:39 11/04/2010
Quote: Aura24
I hope Mike Graham notices these plotholes made and correct them in the next Spyro game.

Seriousley, do you even think that he'll even keep doing the story? He'll propably think that this is just wrong, i have made a story with to many changes under the three frozen years.

I mean if there are so many stuff in dotd that has been changed, removed, added etc etc, then he will stop the Spyro games and someone will have to take his place. And mike has already made a great job with the triology.
---
When hope is gone, don't give up. Your side is good and good sides have luck!
Spyro is a legend, that's why he is purple.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:57:47 11/04/2010 by jimmiekleman
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#166 Posted: 10:34:23 22/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Apparently they're back to the Classic Spyro games...
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#167 Posted: 06:11:27 23/06/2010

Well, they may have possibly accidentally closed it...
DarkDragonGal Green Sparx Gems: 174
#168 Posted: 18:02:05 23/06/2010
lol the hermit ROCKS! lol hes like HEHEHEHEHEHE! me and my neighbour(we were on 2 player) had to play it on the floor. its hard if ur playin it on the wii tho.
---
Here come da girls... with 100% on DotD!!
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#169 Posted: 18:07:43 23/06/2010
i don't get the hermeit okay after defaet the skullmonkeys (that is what i call them) it shows spyro cynder and sparx takiing to the hermeit outside his but while you are defateing the skullmonkeys look up his house is on the edge how can they sit and 2 how could sparx get the key if he sitting next to spyro the whole time?????
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#170 Posted: 19:37:37 23/06/2010
Quote: parisruelz12
i don't get the hermeit okay after defaet the skullmonkeys (that is what i call them) it shows spyro cynder and sparx takiing to the hermeit outside his but while you are defateing the skullmonkeys look up his house is on the edge how can they sit and 2 how could sparx get the key if he sitting next to spyro the whole time?????

I'm guessing that the Hermit doesn't always have the key on him all the time so all Sparx need do is go to his house...
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 10006
#171 Posted: 22:56:10 23/06/2010
I don't get how in the Destroyer stage, why couldn't u just go in his mouth & destroy the huge "heart" Crystal, instead of destroying all the crystals on his body?

In Twilight falls, they could've just flown over the forest, & climb up the cliff. (or fly, if u prefer)

When you beat the level "The floating Islands" & they use the wind Current to fly to Malefor's temple, wouldn't the air be too thin?
---
Twinkies and 2hus
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#172 Posted: 03:39:14 24/06/2010
For all who want to know why they didn't just fly over the belt of fire:

Maybe the belt of fire was a special fire which went up into the air, but never ended. Or maybe it just reached up all the way into space. Also: When you are very high up, you can't breathe. So maybe the fire ended very high up...
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#173 Posted: 09:07:39 24/06/2010
Cynder's jewelry: Malefore tried turning her evil again which is why her jewelry grew back.
Tibs Yellow Sparx Gems: 1183
#174 Posted: 09:23:58 24/06/2010
Quote: GamingMaster_76
Cynder's jewelry: Malefore tried turning her evil again which is why her jewelry grew back.

Since when was having jewelry a sign of being evil? smilie
---
I love you Brittany! ^.=.^
#175 Posted: 09:30:50 24/06/2010
It wasn't, It's just evil Cynder had it smilie
#176 Posted: 14:24:45 24/06/2010

jewelry? is there somthing i missed.....in ANB?
---
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#177 Posted: 15:32:47 30/06/2010
Quote: parisruelz12

jewelry? is there somthing i missed.....in ANB?

Yeah,Cynder had jewelry in ANB,then she lost it in TEN,then it came back in DOTD
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
cynder fan Blue Sparx Gems: 588
#178 Posted: 17:37:01 30/06/2010
it dident suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
,,This is where it really ends''
Doomdrao Platinum Sparx Gems: 6686
#179 Posted: 19:43:55 30/06/2010
Quote: Bolt

Really?!
[User Posted Image]
HAPPY DAYS 8D
---
I'd wait a fresh minuteMe, To a Co-Worker about Greggs Bakery Steak Bakes
Cuzzberry Gold Sparx Gems: 2081
#180 Posted: 20:02:48 30/06/2010
It all just comes down to the story interfering with the gameplay...
---
Wow... It's been awhile!smilie
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#181 Posted: 04:13:57 05/07/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: Doomdrao
Quote: Bolt

Really?!
[User Posted Image]
HAPPY DAYS 8D

That dog looks weird...
But I'm not 100% sure though. Hopefully, I want to see a new Classic Spyro again...
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#182 Posted: 14:39:12 05/07/2010
my fave game is YotD classic spyro is too easy.....yes i know there is a cheat code to make them harder but it does 'nt work
---
#183 Posted: 01:30:34 06/07/2010
Quote:
I don't get how in the Destroyer stage, why couldn't u just go in his mouth & destroy the huge "heart" Crystal, instead of destroying all the crystals on his body?

But it would have seen and destroyed them...
#184 Posted: 14:41:49 11/07/2010
i actually get why they destroyed 12 crystals(10?)

• i opened up a hole on the side of the thing

• it would'nt be that fun of a game
---
pie1 Blue Sparx Gems: 774
#185 Posted: 14:18:19 28/07/2010
A few things I think are weird...

1) The catapult! what on EARTH possessed the moles to only have ONE dang catupult! Wouldn't it make more sense to have like five or something!? smilie

2) The whole belt of fire thing everyone's talking about, and even if they couldn't fly over it, why did they go so slowly through it?!

3) Why is it that spyro is so...weak, in ANB and TEN he like, mocked the enemy's and wanted to fight them. Now he's hesitent

4) When your battleing the golum, when you have to jump all over him to get to his head, to break the crystel. Why do you do it twice, why don't spyro and cnyder just break it while there up there? Insted of just jumping off after knocking off the top the doing it again?

GRRRR! smilie
---
Oh it's not cheating! It's creative stratagy!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:20:19 28/07/2010 by pie1
DarkCynder X Green Sparx Gems: 485
#186 Posted: 17:12:29 31/07/2010
smilie is Controlled by smilie That's why she is adult at the beginning(the first smilie game in the trilogy)!!!
---
smilie:AAAAAHHHH!THE VERONICA VIRUS IS INSIDE ME!
smilie:WTF?
smilie:You heard me......RESPECT TO THE GREAT VERONICA!
Cuzzberry Gold Sparx Gems: 2081
#187 Posted: 21:44:13 31/07/2010
Haha, here's one that ShaloneSK drew. It's a bunch of things that didn't make sense in the game...

http://jackrussellluver15.deviantart.com/#/d2hzqs2

I love ShaloneSK's work.smilie
---
Wow... It's been awhile!smilie
#188 Posted: 21:49:15 31/07/2010
So do i
---
Omikron Dragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2227
#189 Posted: 21:50:02 31/07/2010
Quote: Cuzzberry
Haha, here's one that ShaloneSK drew. It's a bunch of things that didn't make sense in the game...

http://jackrussellluver15.deviantart.com/#/d2hzqs2

I love ShaloneSK's work.smilie

Yeah smilie DotD nonsenses in a nutshell.
---
"Life is one long process of getting tired."- Samuel Butler
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:06:55 31/07/2010 by Omikron Dragon
pie1 Blue Sparx Gems: 774
#190 Posted: 12:39:49 01/08/2010
woah that was funny! smilie
---
Oh it's not cheating! It's creative stratagy!
Paplok Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#191 Posted: 13:16:32 01/08/2010
About Hunter's searching for Spyro for 3 years:
Catacombs is not the same place as Well of Souls! Grublins take Spyro and Cynder from the Well to Catacombs, which was 3 days from the Dragon City. The Well of Souls could be anywhere. You can't see how long grublins were carrying Spyro and Cynder.
#192 Posted: 19:13:47 01/08/2010
i realized that too.
---
Cyndro34 Green Sparx Gems: 160
#193 Posted: 03:43:00 18/08/2010
*Sigh*... the problem with all this is that people don't think for a minute before ranting... (usually)

--First off, the fact that we didn't see the cuffs in TEN is cause it was probably a goof up on the part of the animators. Gaul would have logically left them the cuffs themselves on her to make it easier to restrain her if necessary. (She's not exactly one to sit quietly and behaved while imprisoned you know?) But at the end sequence they goofed or used file models of her without the cuffs. (For example look at Yugioh Battle City Tournament after Yugi and Joey's duel at the pier at the end there's a shot of Yugi with the puzzle around his neck before Joey gave it back.)

--Second, as to the crystal shattering, Malefor can use magic! He probably enchanted the club to break the crystal. And most probably assumed that they had perished in the collapse of the mountain.

--Malefor had them set free cause he wanted (like most villains) to crush Spyro himself or else turn both of them to his side.

--The fact that Spyro says 'You've left me nothing to fight for' is probably cause she means so much to him. I mean he risked his life repeatedly for her, didn't care that she was once evil. And faced down the chronicler who can do who knows what in terms of attacks over her, and right then, she was right there in front of him. While the rest were just distant reasons in the back of his mind.

--Maybe something about the crystal allowed them to continue to age while inside it. Who really knows?

--And as to Cynder's fire being her natural element. What if it's just dormant like Spyro's were in the start of TEN, and the Chronicler didn't have time to unlock it again for her at the moment but her powers of Shadow, Fear, Wind, and Poison were easier for him to reawaken and energize for use?

--And we don't see the entire length of their adventure and travel time through the game so who knows how many times she'd tried to tell him.

I'd love to think of more but can't right now.
---
I support CynderxSpyro all the way.
Spyro needs a girlfriend who isn't a stalker!
DOWN WITH EMBER!!!
Lyon Red Sparx Gems: 69
#194 Posted: 12:05:04 06/09/2010
Things that doesn't make sense?

1. When the cheetah village is under attack, Prowlus says:
"our warriors can handle this"
Warriors? the only one i saw helping Prowlus and the dragons is a lone cheetah, where did the others go???

2. After the destroyer level, Ignitus tells everyone to get to shelter.
Sheltering from what??? the world is going to be destroyed!!!

3. That gate at Warfang.... in the cutscene, the gate locks very quickly, but why when we're defending it, it locks sooo slowly???

4. When the golem grabbed Cynder, how come Spyro is strong enough to pull her back? Like, the golem is hundred time stronger and bigger than him
---
Sorry for bad english...

First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me