Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
Things that don't make sence in DotD! [CLOSED]
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#1 Posted: 04:46:58 11/10/2009 | Topic Creator
As the title says.

I got something bad...
In Warfang/Dragon City, why couldn't Spyro & Cynder fly over the fallen building? Like, they're DRAGONS!!!
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:11:22 19/10/2009 by Bolt
BEST FAN EVER Gold Sparx Gems: 2194
#2 Posted: 04:50:21 11/10/2009
Yes, that is exactly what i thought! Or maybe it was because of air currents keeping them down.
---
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.
#3 Posted: 04:57:28 11/10/2009 | Topic Creator
Or maybe the fire, but they should be strong enough!
---
I draw stuff.
#4 Posted: 05:11:38 11/10/2009
absolutely. Oh, and in ruins of warfang. Couldnt they save time, by burning it down or with earth r something?
---
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.
#5 Posted: 05:20:28 11/10/2009 | Topic Creator
Yeah!
With the Destroyer, the City on his back should be burnt! Coming out of the Volcano with a GREEN city. It should be burnt from the lava!
---
I draw stuff.
#6 Posted: 05:29:37 11/10/2009
yes, good point. And the catacombs. In the end of TEN, they froze themselves in the crystal because there was no way out. Then how come in the beginning of DOTD. There was a perfectly good pathway that led to them so they could put the chains around their necks.
---
Doppel Yellow Sparx Gems: 1244
#7 Posted: 06:08:20 11/10/2009
Someone could have tunneled in for all we know. It was years after TEN.
#8 Posted: 06:13:33 11/10/2009
i guess. and it was three years later. Anyway, Bolt could you change the title to "things that dont make sense in DOTD"?

these things dont make the game bad though. i still loved it.
---
death horn Ripto Gems: 311
#9 Posted: 12:25:12 11/10/2009
did eney on even think of burend lands!!!!you know in the part where you grt to battle after the intro and after the acctual battle theres a huge wall in some of them that blocks them from flying out WHY COULDENT THEY JUST FLY OVER IT!!!theres a huge gap on the top of it!!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:25:52 11/10/2009 by death horn
SpyroCrazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1648
#10 Posted: 13:29:25 11/10/2009
Cynder.
---
SuperWhoAvengePokéThatterLock
#11 Posted: 18:42:05 11/10/2009
the air currents were keeping them down. and there was too much ash in the air above them.
---
#12 Posted: 18:45:55 11/10/2009
The characters SUCKED.

Sparx SUCKED.

Hunter SUCKED.

Spyro SUCKED.

Cynder especially SUCKED.
---
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#13 Posted: 20:21:03 11/10/2009
Quote: SpyroCrazy
The characters SUCKED.

Sparx SUCKED.

Hunter SUCKED.

Spyro SUCKED.

Cynder especially SUCKED.

*Growl*
Spyros Dagger Yellow Sparx Gems: 1495
#14 Posted: 23:25:58 11/10/2009
I haven't played TEN yet but as much I understand, Spyro, Cynder, and Sparx froze themselves in a crystal and didn't come out until the beginning of DotD. How come Spyro's body shape changed?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#15 Posted: 00:40:22 12/10/2009
Because Chris and Mike thought it was a good idea to suddenly make Spyro and Cynder teenagers in order for them to free-fly, which created a plothole. And they never really grew up, because they were still the same size as they were in TEN.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#16 Posted: 05:46:56 12/10/2009
Wasn't that, like, the whole game? smilie

I keed, I keed! Some of the music was nice. *runs before the obsessive DotD fans get her*
Samius Hunter Gems: 9262
#17 Posted: 07:54:20 12/10/2009
Things that don't make sense eh?..

The game's full of them, but here are my favourite ones..

1. The useless walls in the Warfang city.. Why? Oh why?.. Grublins, wyverns and dragons fly over it.. Orcs and trolls dig their way from below it. And that damned golem comes in right through it!
Why build a wall at all?

2. All those obstacles that dragons could just fly over.. That collapsing building, the rock walls that block your way on burned lands.. Even belt of fire.. I know it's hot and the air is full of smoke, but what sense is there to go right trough it, killing Ignitus on the way?!..

3. Air currents.. Couldn't just fly from somewhere else?..

4. The crystal.. It protected them from collapsing mountain, but then a grublin shatters it with a swing of a club?..

I could go on forever, but I don't have the time..
#18 Posted: 08:07:17 12/10/2009
well, heres what i've figured...

1. Well, that city was built ages ago when Malefor wasnt even around. So there couldve been other enemies that it wouldve been useful against.

2. Air currents blow you back down. The only way to get through dragon City was the way in the game. Because, I think Ignitus could sustian the orb around them in the belt of fire while just standng there. But moving would cost too much energy, and the orb would fade and they would burn.

3. Not if everywhere you try has air currents.

4. Yea, i have no idea.
---
#19 Posted: 08:13:57 12/10/2009
Nice try, but I've got an answer..

1. The city was built FOR dragons.. Isn't it common knowledge that dragons can fly?..

2. The air currents would blow the smoke back too.. But nope, the smoke rises upwards..

3. That would be pretty random..

4. Exactly.. smilie
Feral_Miskunn Blue Sparx Gems: 976
#20 Posted: 10:21:21 12/10/2009
ok ok ok so there are some major faults but whos hoping this will be solved in th film?
most annoyin thing for me was th aircurrents

we finally got perpetual flight AND THEY LIMIT IT?!?!?!?!?!?
-GAH!-
---
Faith Hope Love and the greatest of these is Love
xx chloebabez Yellow Sparx Gems: 1087
#21 Posted: 16:54:21 12/10/2009
Quote: Samius
Nice try, but I've got an answer..

1. The city was built FOR dragons.. Isn't it common knowledge that dragons can fly?..

2. The air currents would blow the smoke back too.. But nope, the smoke rises upwards..

3. That would be pretty random..

4. Exactly.. smilie

But think about it, the city was built years and years back, there could have been any sort of enemy, ones that couldnt fly and couldnt travel underground, mabye the walls were just to protect the city from those creatures smilie
#22 Posted: 19:02:51 12/10/2009
Yea, thnx Chloebabes. Thats wat I was saying.
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#23 Posted: 21:00:30 12/10/2009
Most of these things that have been pointed out on here, I pointed out in my DOTD commentarys smilie
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#24 Posted: 22:11:21 12/10/2009
If you look carefully you will see a flaw in almost everything.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
Spyros Dagger Yellow Sparx Gems: 1495
#25 Posted: 00:14:20 13/10/2009
4. The crystal.. It protected them from collapsing mountain, but then a grublin shatters it with a swing of a club?..

Possible enchanted club but I still would find that hard to believe.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#26 Posted: 02:40:34 13/10/2009
Maybe it was the crystal's means of protecting the ones trapped inside. You know, when the grublin struck it with its mace, instead of being shattered instantly, the blow triggered the moment when Spyro and Cynder were about to trapped in time before the time crystal started to crack apart and shatter, therefore releasing Spyro, Cynder, and Sparx.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#27 Posted: 03:04:31 13/10/2009
Storyline and Levels( they have too much glitches)
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#28 Posted: 18:11:16 13/10/2009
Cynder has no emotion.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
spyro_madgirl Blue Sparx Gems: 594
#29 Posted: 19:55:23 13/10/2009
Here I go...

1. Cynder - She lacks emotion. She's totally boring in this game and her voice acting is terrible... if Christina Ricci could actually put some kind of emotion into her voice when she spoke then she'd be the perfect voice for Cynder. The only good things about Cynder in this game are her elements and her wings.

2. Spyro - Elijah Wood's voice acting has seriously taken a fall. He's not as bad as Christina Ricci but he's still pretty boring and emotionless. The cocky, arrogant Spyro we once knew has now turned into a modest drip.

3. Sparx - He's just not funny anymore, and his appearance is totally messed up. I feel very sad when he comes on screen.

4. No enemy names or individual health bars - Why don't we have Stenchwarp The Hungry or Rowanbramble Greenfoot anymore? And I miss the health bars! These things made killing enemies about ten times easier and more enjoyable!

5. No cute enemies - Everyone is ugly now. smilie

6. Volteer and Cyril get no lines - Well, about one each. They're my favourite guardians and they only get one line to say each, and Volteer's isn't even something full of words from the thesaurus.

7. Lipsync - It's really bad, even in the proper movie cutscenes. Especially on Spyro and Cynder. Hunter just looks like his jaw is circulating whenever he speaks.

8. Furies - I really loved the elemental furies and now we've just got some daft purple thing shooting from their faces. I also preferred the previous fury meter with the circular element symbol in the corner and the purple gems going around it.

9. R1 and R2 to use elements - This is just stupid. I preferred square for breath and triangle for extra attack. It's more like the old style games and is a lot easier to remember.

10. Dodgy camera - smilie smilie smilie IT WILL NOT MOVE PROPERLY.

There's probably a lot more I can come up with.
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#30 Posted: 00:08:02 14/10/2009
Quote: spyro_madgirl

10. Dodgy camera - smilie smilie smilie IT WILL NOT MOVE PROPERLY.

True that. IS really anoying
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:08:15 14/10/2009 by wspyro
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#31 Posted: 12:03:28 14/10/2009
What I want to know is, why didn't Spyro and, if possible, Cynder, do a fury to blow up the mountain? It would off been better then using a time fury.

Oh, and why didn't they just flew over the belt off fire instead off walking slooooooooooowly inside it. Did they want to kill themselves? smilie
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#32 Posted: 12:18:47 14/10/2009
Even though i liked the game, i did notice something during the war on Dragon City when your defending the ramparts. When you look at the right side of the belt of fire you can see part of the Dragon City going inside it, i was like ''What the...?'' but probablly something they could have taken out, also when Cynder is flying the spikes on her head go right through her neck.

Here are my suggestions about that.

A. Well when you think about it, mabye Spyros mind was focused on the crystal protecting them from the mountain, so the crystal did, not expecting the swing of a club to break them free.

B. The Crystal weakened through the years, allowing it to break open with the swing of the club. Mabye they were gonna break out of it sometime anyway.

C. The Chroniclor expected this to happen, he gave Spyro the time fury to encase He, Cynder and Sparx in at the end of TEN, but allowed it to open by the grublins hitting it? Hard to explain but you know what i mean.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:19:53 14/10/2009 by xx chloebabez
#33 Posted: 19:14:58 14/10/2009
Or..

A. The game developers did a lousy job..

B. The game developers forgot about the fact that the crystal was supposed to be hard to shatter..

C. The game developers secretly wanted this to happen, God knows why..
#34 Posted: 19:49:53 14/10/2009
I enjoyed DOTD, but there are a few things the developers could have worked on. Man this is gonna be a long list smilie

Make Cynder a little chunkier so she doesnt look like she is away to snap, also take those bracers and evrything off, she didnt have them in TEN when she was frozen. Also they could have picked a better voice actor that actually shows emotion, i found it hard to find when she was upset, hapy e.t.c
Graphics for the PS2 and Wii, when i played TEN on the Wii there was grass, but when in The Valley Of Avalar, Twilight Falls, places lke that it was just green ground.
Spyro? His design wasnt too bad, but he also could have showed emotion, but he had and o.k voice actor. People want actors like Tom Kenny back for Spyro, but think about it. In the Original games, they were fun, bright, happy, cheery and Tom Kenny's voice suited that (and the other actors), but in TLOS universe it seems more serious and dark, so your gonna need that type of voice that sounds serious and all that, Elijah Wood showed that but he could have added more emotion into his voice.
I dont understand how the Guardians coul have grown that big over 3 years, i already thought they were fully grown in ANB and TEN smilie
I wish they had given them all an equal share of lines, Volteer and Cyril only got 2 smilie
They could have made the free flight height limit higher, that way it would be more enjoyable.
They just ruined Sparx smilie His voice was too deep and his design was horrid, i adored him in ANB and TEN smilie
I wish we had seen more with Malefor, he wasnt quite The Dark Master as i thought, they could have made the battle with him more epic and fun, all he did was fly! Was he scared of the ground or something? smilie
Even though enjoying the game, i didnt like the ending really smilie Cynders love for spyro just had to appear at that moment, i would like it better if she had tryed to tell him about her feelings throughout the game but kept getting stopped by something.

I also have a lot of good reasons about the game, but its off topic, i enjoyed the game personally, i thought it was a lovely game. But thats my opinion, noone go off criticising me for it, some people liked the game, some didnt.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:51:44 14/10/2009 by xx chloebabez
#35 Posted: 19:49:58 14/10/2009
Oh, another thing. Cynder breaths fire when she's big and evil. Now she doesn't, and instead breathes these four breaths that never cropped up in A New Beginning. The reason for Cynder ending up with four slightly evil breaths is because of her exposure to dark magic, but she doesn't keep her fire breath. Instead she gets four elements that she's never used before. I have to say, that's a bit of dodgy game writing, as much as I love her elements.
#36 Posted: 19:53:31 14/10/2009
Quote: spyro_madgirl
Oh, another thing. Cynder breaths fire when she's big and evil. Now she doesn't, and instead breathes these four breaths that never cropped up in A New Beginning. The reason for Cynder ending up with four slightly evil breaths is because of her exposure to dark magic, but she doesn't keep her fire breath. Instead she gets four elements that she's never used before. I have to say, that's a bit of dodgy game writing, as much as I love her elements.

I agree with that, but some people were claiming for Cynder's fire breath in ANB to be her shadow breath, but i dont entirely believe that, i would like it if she had managed to keep that fire breath.
#37 Posted: 20:07:58 14/10/2009
I suppose the game designers wanted four entirely new breaths. That's understandable, but it doesn't totally fit with the story. smilie
#38 Posted: 20:09:06 14/10/2009
They just got rid of it because Spyro already has fire.

Hunter is totally bland and weirdo-mouthed. Don't kill me Tango.
---
#39 Posted: 20:11:00 14/10/2009
It's not uncommon for two dragons to have the same element. Besides, fire was probably Cynder's primary breath if she came from the same batch of eggs as Spyro. But it could depend on her parents.
#40 Posted: 20:15:31 14/10/2009
Yeah, i always thought what was her primary breath, but i was guessin fire or something like that. I soooooooo wish they had taken more time on DOTD, even though i enjoyed it smilie I wouldnt have minded waiting a couple of weeks, or even a month/s
#41 Posted: 20:15:42 14/10/2009
I mean that they wanted to create new breaths to please the players, but I think fire would be more practical than air. smilie
---
#42 Posted: 20:17:03 14/10/2009
God, I never use air.

Yeah, it would have been nice if they'd spent longer on it.
#43 Posted: 20:17:37 14/10/2009
exactly smilie i would rather they take the wind out and put the fire in. Wind was just.........useless in a way, bit i knew you need it a few times for the horns, but there could have been a different thing rather than them.
#44 Posted: 20:34:37 14/10/2009
Spyro and Cynder could have both had fire, but they could have been used for different things, perhaps. Maybe Cynder's fire could have had some extra features, and a different R1 attack. smilie
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#45 Posted: 20:38:47 14/10/2009
Quote: SpyroCrazy
They just got rid of it because Spyro already has fire.

Hunter is totally bland and weirdo-mouthed. Don't kill me Tango.

*Crazy atatck* GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! *SHoOp Da wHooP* *Continue's killing*
toadodile5 Green Sparx Gems: 287
#46 Posted: 03:51:23 17/10/2009
owned smilie
---
Toad's da name,
MAGE IS MAH GAME!
cynder 9999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1285
#47 Posted: 14:13:12 17/10/2009
what about mistakes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTIqrXpiYaA spyro mistakes!
---
Leaving, For good..
#48 Posted: 19:34:39 18/10/2009
The glitches are not the worst part in my opinion. They rarely are.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:35:13 18/10/2009 by spyro_madgirl
#49 Posted: 19:40:04 18/10/2009
No. Bland characters are the worst bit.

They all suck...

Apart from the Hermit. smilie
---
#50 Posted: 19:41:16 18/10/2009
Welsh Malefor isn't sucky. :smilie:
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me