Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > What's your most embarressing spyro moment?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
What's your most embarressing spyro moment? [CLOSED]
the doctor Yellow Sparx Gems: 1617
#1 Posted: 13:54:58 14/10/2007 | Topic Creator
Just in case you didnt get what i mean, heres mine:
Ok so when spyro 2 had come out, my mum didnt get me a memory card so i kept playing the game over and ov er agian and nothing happened (of course) but then my uncle got me a (digimon... what it was cool back then!) memory card and i played the game til i got to ripto, and when i defeated him, i had an uncontrolable craziness and i kept cheering and i shouted: 'In you face ripto!' then i sang a little song, and as i was singing i looked at the window and noticed it was open and i saw my mum and dad(who were at my next door neighboors BBQ party with all their friends and family) staring at me... embarressing, but you'll understand the craziness if you were me...
---
A moment can last for seconds,
But a memory can last forever...
RWD Red Sparx Gems: 63
#2 Posted: 16:10:34 14/10/2007
Am I allowed to laugh? smilie

I can't really remember being embarrassed playing Spyro.
---
RedWelshDragon's the name, forgetting passwords is the game.

Honestly.
emberelora Emerald Sparx Gems: 3059
#3 Posted: 16:48:54 14/10/2007
well. in a hero's tail i kept getting hit by the archer gnorcs. and when i got them. you can imagine what i was like.
you guessed it. i was like this.
WHOHOO!!! IN YOUR FACE ARCHER DUDE!!! WHOOOOOHOOOOOO!
My mum thought i was going mad.

Plus there was this other time. i was on the red boss battle for the first time and i kept dieing. i got soooo stressed that i started to scream with stress. and guess what? My nan went into the room and she thought that one of our dogs was attacking me because i was screaming. it was kinda embarrasing.
---
"This is the most musically inclined situation I've ever found myself in and I've played guitar hero!"
#4 Posted: 20:32:36 14/10/2007
The only thing I do in games, is (if there is a driving part or vehicle control part) turn sideways with the controller, like that will make the character on screen turn too or something. I did it in ANB when Spyro was after Steam in the tunnel.
---

Honestly.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#5 Posted: 20:59:51 14/10/2007
When I was fighting Steam... and got squashed 5 times in a row... and I only needed to hit the Z button to finish him off. >.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#6 Posted: 22:22:11 14/10/2007
Finding out that all you kids beat TEN days before I did. smilie Heck, I still haven't beaten it. *facepalm* smilie
ThatsSoRaven Yellow Sparx Gems: 1166
#7 Posted: 23:15:38 14/10/2007
I'd have to say, when I was playing Attack of the Rhynocs, I fell into lava, and yet it was very easy to avoid. smilie
---
"We'll be right back after these messages from Binford Tools." Tim "the Toolman Taylor" or Al "Insert insulting middle name here" Borland
#8 Posted: 07:07:18 15/10/2007
Don't worry Razz - I can't even get it until December. MUST RESTRAIN MYSELF! THINK CHRISTMAS SHOPPING!
---

Honestly.
#9 Posted: 17:15:30 15/10/2007 | Topic Creator
i still havent got it either... and RWD yes you're allowed to laugh!
---
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#10 Posted: 17:31:21 15/10/2007
Almost every time I played A New Beginning it was often very late at night (I think it adds to the mood this way!). On my earlier playthroughs, I often tend to scream swears every time I got knocked out, and at one instance I had my brother coming in, telling me to get to bed.

It's not my fault I wanted to get past a certain part of the game under the influence of Smirnoff Ice, isn't it? smilie
#11 Posted: 20:41:52 15/10/2007 | Topic Creator
lol
---
#12 Posted: 20:42:38 15/10/2007
Lol

Smirnoff Ice?
---

Honestly.
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#13 Posted: 13:25:40 16/10/2007
Embarassing moments, heh?

Well, I'll maybe sound a bit full of myself but I am a crazy hardcore gamer. You know, the kind of crazy that one credit clear arcade games? The kind of gamer that you see play games and that explode the scoreboard, beating all stages and bosses with inhuman speed and precision? The kind of monster that can actually stomach extreme difficulty games such as the Touhou shoot-em-ups (if you don't know of this serie, look it up on Google or YouTube or something and be amazed)?

Well, I am such a gamer.

So... I should breeze my way through all Spyro games, right? After all, if I can beat games which technically require the reflexes and thinking speed of an evil robot, I should have no problem smashing my way through the rather simplistic stages of the Spyro serie, isn't it?

... enter my own embarassing moment.

Spyro 5, A Hero's Tail.

Okay, so that game DOES become quite difficult near the end... but I guess everyone will agree that the first stage of the game (Dragon Village) is not hard at all, isn't it?

Well, guess what, I managed to get Spyro killed on this stage.

By the very first enemy, on the cave entrance just after Hunter.

Yeah, that was dumb.

I hadn't figured out that I was meant to use Spyro's flame DURING the jump, not after landing.

Thus, it went like this:

-Jump on ledge
-Gnorc kick me off the ledge
-Has to jump my way aaaaall the way back to the ledge
-Gnorc kick me off the ledge again
-Repeat 'til Sparx dies leading to Spyro being hit and thus, killed.

... so, yeah, I got killed by the first enemy of Spyro 5. Laugh at me, if you will.

I'm sure I probably had equally silly blunders in other outtings of the serie but that's the one that came up to my mind at the moment.
#14 Posted: 15:38:02 16/10/2007 | Topic Creator
lol
---
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#15 Posted: 00:40:01 17/10/2007
It'd be more embarrassing all the times I've pitched Spyro off a ledge if it wasn't such a common problem with me. smilie The advent of 3D gaming made video games so much more challenging for me (who has no depth perception). smilie
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#16 Posted: 11:58:32 17/10/2007
My most embarrassing moment is that in the first Spyro game I could not get to the second World (PeaceKeppers) ¬¬
#17 Posted: 19:00:58 17/10/2007 | Topic Creator
lol.... aww cool avatar wolfie(can i call you that?) i love wolves!
---
#18 Posted: 20:50:54 17/10/2007
Quote: the doctor
lol.... aww cool avatar wolfie(can i call you that?) i love wolves!

Thanks smilie
And I was only Eight or seven Lol
#19 Posted: 21:04:19 18/10/2007
I've actually gotten stuck at very easy points in the games; remember ANB snowball incident when me - WelshDragon - asked for help on the ANB game page? Yeah, point made!
---

Honestly.
Glass Gryphon Gold Sparx Gems: 2686
#20 Posted: 21:25:21 18/10/2007
Hmm the last time that was kind of embarressing for me was when I played Spyro the Dragon I flamed those dynomites then stood there, not knowing that it can explode on me. That was when I was like six, seven years old mabey? I don't remember.
---
¡¡I love exclamation points!!
#21 Posted: 21:29:56 18/10/2007
Haha, I could see your face!

Ok, a embarrassing moment for me was trying to get throught hat high-speed tunnel in YOTD, Seashell Shore - my friend and I spent about two hours trying to get through it. I remember having "Hey Baby" playing on the CD player too, and when my friend hit one of the bombs in the water tunnel, we both went "Aah!" At the same time the guy says "Oo, *cue us* aah!" LOL
---

Honestly.
#22 Posted: 22:09:18 18/10/2007
Quote: RWD
Haha, I could see your face!

Ok, a embarrassing moment for me was trying to get throught hat high-speed tunnel in YOTD, Seashell Shore - my friend and I spent about two hours trying to get through it. I remember having "Hey Baby" playing on the CD player too, and when my friend hit one of the bombs in the water tunnel, we both went "Aah!" At the same time the guy says "Oo, *cue us* aah!" LOL

LOL
When I was playing YOTD I could not beat Buzz and once I beat him and I was to going the Evening Lake, I could not beat Spike xD
Last edited at 22:09:47 18/10/2007 by Blackholes_Wolf
me Fodder
#23 Posted: 00:57:43 19/10/2007
when i was playing anb at my friend's house, i kept dieng trying to beat steam...and I almost broke his controller from smashing it on the ground smilie
EternalSpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#24 Posted: 20:54:03 19/10/2007
When I was playing Spyro 1 on PS1, I didn't had much to collect to get 100% in the game. All the remaining treasure were in haunted towers. I it took me (about 3years! smilie) until now to figure it out where the rest were. (what I am meaning is the part where you have to use the supercharge to get to a certain area..) That part annoyed me the most smilie
---
As the Night of Eternal Darkness apporaches, Spyro is haunted by .... Maps of the U.S. and Canada, and traffic capability for just $216.76 from Amazon.com
#25 Posted: 08:56:22 20/10/2007 | Topic Creator
what!?
---
EternalSpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#26 Posted: 09:42:43 20/10/2007
What really embarresses me is that it took me 3 years to figure how to complete haunted towers in Spyro 1
---
As the Night of Eternal Darkness apporaches, Spyro is haunted by .... Maps of the U.S. and Canada, and traffic capability for just $216.76 from Amazon.com
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#27 Posted: 10:35:56 20/10/2007
I can beat that, I have evey single spyro game (except SO and SL)
and i've been playing spyro since i was like 6 (my cousin introduced me to the wonderful world of spyro) and i have only been able to get 100% on only one game. Attack of the Rynocs. of course, now with the new LOS trilogy which got rid of the stupid speedway levels (thank god) i was able to beat those too. but yeah i've had Spyro1 since I was 7 and it took me 7 YEARS to beat the haunted castle thing ~~or to beat nasty. Any game with speedway rounds that you have to complete in order to get the 100%, I can't finish. It's okay though, I just watch the little surprises on YouTube.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
Last edited at 10:36:59 20/10/2007 by SpyroxCynder
me Fodder
#28 Posted: 20:10:30 20/10/2007
it took me...duh...i dunno 6 years to beat spyro 1, and it's the only one besided ETd i've finished all the way.
#29 Posted: 20:28:33 20/10/2007 | Topic Creator
ah thats reminded me of another one... i started playing spyro 1 when i was 6 or 7. i couldnt get to gnasty gnorc, so a year later i gave up with the game, threw it away and moved on to spyro 2... a year later, i manage to defeat ripto(and you know what happened) but then i couldnt complete the entire game, so i got angry with it and then spyro 3 came out, so i threw spyro 2 away and played spyro 3, which was awesome. But then once i defeated the socceros(sp?) the first time, i got bored because i thought there was nothing else to do then besides collected gems and eggs, then i went out of spyro completly for some reason.... this year however, i managed to get all the PS1+2 spyros, and complete the first 3 easily... so basically its taken me 7, or 8 years to complete the first 3 spyro games... sigh
---
Pyro girl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1752
#30 Posted: 19:16:56 25/10/2007
It's spelt Sorceress

My most embarrasing Spyro moment would be when I couldn't do that high-speed, tunnel thing in YotD, I suddenly just lost the head and started birling my controller over my head like a lasso, which hit the TV (Lucky nothing got broken)
---
Kakarot, I think I'm going to puke ~Vegeta
Live Long and Prosper ~ Mr. Spock
I'm stupid, I'm Stupid ~ Starscream
#31 Posted: 20:15:01 25/10/2007
when i was little, i would jerk the controller around, and my cousin would be like, thats not gonna make him go any farther
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
#32 Posted: 20:46:38 25/10/2007
Haha, my best friend did that before... I used to be in hysterics when she was playing a game!
---

Honestly.
Pyro girl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1752
#33 Posted: 20:52:56 25/10/2007
What I did?

Oh! I used to be terrible with a game when I get really stuck. Rarr.
---
Kakarot, I think I'm going to puke ~Vegeta
Live Long and Prosper ~ Mr. Spock
I'm stupid, I'm Stupid ~ Starscream
#34 Posted: 20:54:24 25/10/2007
I have extended one sided conversations with my tv when my games don't go right. smilie
---

Honestly.
#35 Posted: 23:40:13 25/10/2007
some times (espesically the new ones) i would 'talk' to the characters like Yeah, you better go save your girlfriend, or YOU IDIOT HE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!!, or maybe even huh huh you though you so tough ohhhh look whos talkin now. hehe

BUT, in pottery, i have to do a scene w/ 10 items, i'm doing that room in the game w/ the pool thingy, i will make spyro/cynder, the four coat of arms things, and the pool, but thats only 7 things, can ayone tell me what the other 3 could be??? (sorry no sparx, clay can't fly)
---
me Fodder
#36 Posted: 02:10:25 26/10/2007
BUT, in pottery, i have to do a scene w/ 10 items, i'm doing that room in the game w/ the pool thingy, i will make spyro/cynder, the four coat of arms things, and the pool, but thats only 7 things, can ayone tell me what the other 3 could be??? (sorry no sparx, clay can't fly)
----------------
OOH! OOH! MAKE IGNITUS!!!! smilie smilie smilie
duhhhhhhhhhhhh....uhhhh...make a.....bunch of little mushroom thingies (they're EVERYHWERE in the temple and swamp) and clump them together to make a patch of mushrooms, or make a big mushroom-tree thing...
third one? hmm. maybe make your faveorite villain or gaurdian other than ignitus or the chroniclher (that would be waaay hard though, the chronichler is soooooooo complicated) or something. duh....maybe make...uhh...A DUCK! smilie ok maybe not...be creative! good luckz.
#37 Posted: 08:57:38 26/10/2007
well i'm making spyro and cynder, just got donew/ cynder, but i'll have to glue her legs back together after i kiln it. and the dragons are really hard, but mushrooms, very good, maybe i could make some of the forgotten weapons or something, (altho, not sure if that would get me into truble)
---
Giveitup Yellow Sparx Gems: 1020
#38 Posted: 11:07:53 26/10/2007
My most embaressing moment?Every since I got off Spyro,between August and September,I tried to cover any evidense of TEN.But it accentdentily sliped right out of my nose,and I was caught.When my mom asked"What game is that?"it felt like my heart stoped,my temperature raising,and it felt like I was about to hurl.She asked"Do you want that game instead?"in an embaressed voice with rose-red cheeks I answered"No."If you ask"Why?"it was because I was a freak,everybody made fun of it,and I just stood there and took it,but I don't care,my boot will meet they're @$$ the next time we meet!And thats my embaressing moment.
---
Mess with this dragon,and you'll get burnt.-Guy from the Spyro2 commercial
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#39 Posted: 13:19:07 26/10/2007
I dance to the market mesa theme, I can't help it!
#40 Posted: 13:35:16 26/10/2007
Quote: Giveitup
My most embaressing moment?Every since I got off Spyro,between August and September,I tried to cover any evidense of TEN.But it accentdentily sliped right out of my nose,and I was caught.When my mom asked"What game is that?"it felt like my heart stoped,my temperature raising,and it felt like I was about to hurl.She asked"Do you want that game instead?"in an embaressed voice with rose-red cheeks I answered"No."If you ask"Why?"it was because I was a freak,everybody made fun of it,and I just stood there and took it,but I don't care,my boot will meet they're @$$ the next time we meet!And thats my embaressing moment.

Ack, don't worry about it. Go early in the morning to the shop to buy it on the next weekend you have free. You're not a freak.
---

Honestly.
Giveitup Yellow Sparx Gems: 1020
#41 Posted: 16:56:05 26/10/2007
I can't just get into my grandma's van and drive to GameStop,I'm not even a teenager yet!That,and it would embaressing to ask her!

(Also I was a freak,my classmates even locked me in the closet to stop talking about Spyro.)
---
Mess with this dragon,and you'll get burnt.-Guy from the Spyro2 commercial
dragonhunter Red Sparx Gems: 30
#42 Posted: 17:39:04 26/10/2007
My most embarassing moment was when I was at university sitting with a bunch of acquaintances, discussing their favorite games. They asked me my favorites and, naturally, I said the spryro series was my favorite. You could have heard a pin drop from their momentary silence and then they all laughed. *sniffle*
---
I like having friends for dinner. Especially with gravy and mashed potatoes.
Dragongyrl1000 Fodder
#43 Posted: 17:51:16 26/10/2007
My most embarrasing moment is that I've never beaten the 1st Spyro game! I've beaten Spyro GTG, Spyro YotD, Spyro EtD, Spyro AHT, Spyro SoF, and Spyro ANB. But I've never beat the 1st one! Arrgghh!
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#44 Posted: 18:23:20 26/10/2007
i did sumet lyk the doctor..:

i wa w8in 4 ma m8s 2 cum 4 me at abart 5:30 n i wa lakin on AHT......i wa 2 busy starin at da screen wen ma m8s came in (they wer all boys by the way..about 8 of them..) and ma electric went off just as ide got to defeating red...ide alredi completed it n e way but it was still gud coz ma memory card kept playin up all the other times....and when the electric went off i wa shoutin stuff lyk: "oh tht ryt gud init!? i get to effin red and the effin elevtric goes off.....well am sorry MR.PS2 but u gotta die now!!!" and i stood on ma ps2..... ma m8s just baked away and told me tht they wer gunna w8 donstairs where it was safe lol lol!
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#45 Posted: 20:12:06 26/10/2007
Excellent moment for me.

It's the Eternal Night, and I've just finished the ice dream (I haven't been able to play that much... quarterly exam studying). I go to make a platform in the water, but by attack hits one of the worm creatures. I was already in the air thinking a platform would form. It was annoying. >.<!
---
#46 Posted: 20:34:06 26/10/2007
Quote: dragonhunter
My most embarassing moment was when I was at university sitting with a bunch of acquaintances, discussing their favorite games. They asked me my favorites and, naturally, I said the spryro series was my favorite. You could have heard a pin drop from their momentary silence and then they all laughed. *sniffle*

all of the ppl at my school(except for a select few) think that spyro is gay, and they think that i'm obsessed w/ him. (just look at my sad spyro story topic in the general forum)

OMG i just jumped like 4 feet in the air when i found out they're making an ACTUAL spyro movie
---
Last edited at 20:45:39 26/10/2007 by SpyroxCynder
redthedragon Blue Sparx Gems: 831
#47 Posted: 04:40:25 27/10/2007
One time I lost a final life and I screamed, "YOU SON OF A B****!" really loud into a pillow, (I have LOADS of pillows and one of them has a piccy of Spyro on it! ^__^) So, my friend was there and she was LAUGHING she was laughing so much that she was crying! and my parents where shocked! LOL
#48 Posted: 08:10:52 27/10/2007 | Topic Creator
lol
like the avatar aswell! smilie its awesome!
---
#49 Posted: 10:52:19 27/10/2007
yes its very funny
---
#50 Posted: 19:59:05 27/10/2007
I have another moment of stupidity. I was fighting Arborik. I somehow jumped to the side, and fell into the purple water and died. And I only had to hit his right hand to beat his first form... AND I WAS AT FULL HEALTH! I swore so loudly, one of the professors patrolling the corridors threatened me with detention. <.<;
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me