Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > New Beginning DS cutscenes?
Page 1 of 1
New Beginning DS cutscenes? [CLOSED]
hunter Blue Sparx Gems: 767
#1 Posted: 16:40:08 13/10/2007 | Topic Creator
Does the DS version of new beigging have the same cutscenes and the same pictue as the consale games.
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#2 Posted: 16:11:29 14/10/2007
They're generally the same as the console ones, but some are cut short.
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#3 Posted: 18:30:59 14/10/2007
Yes some of them are cut really short. But its good that way, I think the DS game is the superior A New Beginning.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#4 Posted: 22:22:45 14/10/2007
Does anyone have video of the cutscenes from the GBA? I doubt I'll ever be playing it.
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#5 Posted: 11:03:23 15/10/2007
The GBA version has no actual cutscenes (as in: videos) outside of the introduction and ending, which are shown in the style of still images with text.

The only cutscenes that you get in-game are actually regular game dialogue (as in: portraits appear, dialogue is writen in a dialogue box, the usual you know).

So, yes, the GBA version doesn't really have proper cutscenes in the sense of video.

Even then, the GBA version of A New Beginning is a LOT more watered-down than The Eternal Night on the GBA ; most of the plot is cut and/or simplified. There are a few exclusive extra scenes but they're few and far between.

So, yeah, you didn't miss out on much.
hunter Blue Sparx Gems: 767
#6 Posted: 14:45:39 15/10/2007 | Topic Creator
Am I the only 1 that like the console cutscenes.
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#7 Posted: 10:53:32 16/10/2007
No ; I think that the cutscenes were mostly well-done, personally. Although ANB felt a bit cutscene-heavy, it wasn't "when do I play?" modern RPG style where you watch cutscenes more than you spend time actually playing the game. Besides, if you don't like them, ANB allow you to skip the cutscenes ; just press start and be done with them.

... but frankly, who would skip the Dante's Freezer intro or the Earth Breath get scene?
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#8 Posted: 10:59:18 16/10/2007
I like the console cut scenes, too. They're very well done and entertaining. The only thing that threw me off was that they switched which models they'd use for the cut scenes at odd times; in the beginning, it was the cut scene game models and scenery, in the middle they used the game models (which I think looked better), and then they suddenly switched back to the other ones near the end. They do it in TEN, too.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me