Page 1 of 1
Where are all the other dragons? [CLOSED]
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#1 Posted: 18:07:24 30/09/2007 | Topic Creator
The only dragons in the TLOS series you see is the guardians, Spyro, Cynder and The Croncicler. Are all the others dead or just disapeard?
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
EternalSpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#2 Posted: 18:18:17 30/09/2007
I am not sure about that. You do relise the dragon eggs at the start of ANB were destroyed smilie
I really like to see some new dragons in the game series. Possible that more will appear in the final game? (that is if there are any)
---
As the Night of Eternal Darkness apporaches, Spyro is haunted by .... Maps of the U.S. and Canada, and traffic capability for just $216.76 from Amazon.com
#3 Posted: 18:22:01 30/09/2007 | Topic Creator
Yes, I saw that all the eggs where smashed, but there still was some adult dragons from the cutscenes where Ignitus tells Spyro about all the story with Cynder and the war they where in.
---
Dagnabbit.
spyro pro Green Sparx Gems: 349
#4 Posted: 01:53:22 01/10/2007
well their not dragons but they are dragon flies like spyro's step parents
---
smilieCynder is the bomb!smilie
smilieSpyro rocks!smilie
smilieSparx is cool!smilie
Wolfina Green Sparx Gems: 252
#5 Posted: 11:46:50 01/10/2007
Remind me who's The Croncicler
---
-He who laughs last probably does not get the joke.
#6 Posted: 12:46:15 01/10/2007 | Topic Creator
It a character from "The legend of Spyro. The eternal night." His a big grey dragon.
---
Dagnabbit.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#7 Posted: 21:28:57 01/10/2007
I think the other dragons are deeper in the Dragon Realms, where it's safe. The Guardians live on the edges of the Realms to protect them.
Wolfina Green Sparx Gems: 252
#8 Posted: 23:39:06 05/10/2007
Quote: Crush
It a character from "The legend of Spyro. The eternal night." His a big grey dragon.

Thank you.

I suppose Razz have the best version.
But they're can't just sit there or seek for food?Maybe they're sleep in da anabiosis and ain't get older
---
-He who laughs last probably does not get the joke.
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#9 Posted: 04:05:26 06/10/2007
Actually, my theory is cold and cruel and very much probable:

The dragons, let's face it, lost the war against the Dark Ones (Dark Master followers). The Dark Ones are not nice at all. So... what happened? Considering they didn't hesitate to crush all the eggs, my guess is that the Dark Ones would not hesitate and indeed slaughtered all the dragons they could find leading to the destruction of the dragon civilization.

Oh and, while I didn't play Spyro 7 (Eternal Night), the Chronicler sounds more like a weird spirit or an exception to the rule than the proof that the dragons really survived.

To my knowledge, apart from Spyro, Cynder, and the Guardians (and maybe the Chronicler), the dragons specie is pretty much extinct.

Of course, I could be wrong but well, that's how I see it.
#10 Posted: 07:51:31 07/10/2007
Some proof of my theory, but it is a mild TEN spoiler (it happens early in the game).

At one point in the story, Ignitus sends Volteer and Cyril off "to the mainland to warn the others". I like to think that they're going to tell the dragons living in the safe areas that things are going badly for the Guardians.
#11 Posted: 07:53:39 07/10/2007 | Topic Creator
Yeah, that could be!
---
Dagnabbit.
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#12 Posted: 00:16:16 08/10/2007
Actually, varying on the scene's circumstances, it might have been something else, which I hope is the case.

Why so?

Because if the dragons were "merely" pushed back, then...

1-Why the heck did they hide the eggs of the next generation with the Guardians (who are in an area basically owned by the Dark Master) rather than in their so-called safe spots?!?

2-Where the heck are the reinforcements?!? (it would be stupid just to rely on four crumbling old soldiers and one hatchling to repel the whole hordes of the Dark Master and prevent his return)
Last edited at 00:19:52 08/10/2007 by Zerodius
#13 Posted: 14:16:51 08/10/2007
I have a rather involved theory that uses information implied by the game mixed with things from the original series that explains why the Guardians had those eggs. Basically, Guardians are a race of dragons (one of four) who are born to protect the Realms and thus have the physical make-up to do just that. So the eggs that they had were Guardian eggs and the other dragon races are staying where they are safe.

As for the elders being all that's left to fight the DM for the moment, I figured that they once had greater numbers but those were diminished in the war, especially once Cynder game about. The game may imply some things specifically about the current Guardians that relates to all of this, but it'd be a huge spoiler to say it here.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me