Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Art by Razz [CLOSED]
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#1 Posted: 14:12:15 22/08/2007 | Topic Creator
I hope this is appropriate. My work seems to be pretty well liked on the other Spyro forums I frequent, so I thought I'd share the link here. I will try to remember to post an update with any new Spyro art. For now, here is the comprehensive list of all my Spyro art in one convenient place. Enjoy!
http://razzek.deviantart.com/journal/5269032/
zacoda1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1121
#2 Posted: 19:33:59 22/08/2007
well....alot of adult stuff lol and im only ten so i left it alone
---
The ones with the greatest courage...Tested by All might and will...Will traverse A Farly advanced Obstacle....The test of life...
Giveitup Yellow Sparx Gems: 1020
#3 Posted: 19:55:42 22/08/2007
I'm under 18 and I already looked at it.It envolves lesbeans and sexy talk.
---
Mess with this dragon,and you'll get burnt.-Guy from the Spyro2 commercial
RedWelshDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#4 Posted: 20:15:55 22/08/2007
OMG I loved the friend one! So sweet! And Spyro "Oh boy, chocolate!" LMAO that's brilliant!

Forgiveness is so cool too! "Forgive me?" "D'hurr yeah. And you can have my wallet too." Lovestruck Spyro!

They're brilliant Razz! And I don't think they're offensive - maybe some people would be OMG but it's fun to see things in a totally different way sometimes, right?

Great job on Cynder too!
---
College is a refuge from hasty judgement.

Definition of a college lecturer: someone who talks in other peoples sleep.
#5 Posted: 21:14:28 22/08/2007
you forced me too see now im gonna go check spam fest -.- -.- -.-
---
The ones with the greatest courage...Tested by All might and will...Will traverse A Farly advanced Obstacle....The test of life...
#6 Posted: 17:48:21 23/08/2007 | Topic Creator
Hee, thanks everyone! smilie

I did my best to sort out the stuff that would be upsetting for the younger viewers. It's all pretty safe unless you go past the notice that says there are things that might be offensive (or visit the Photobucket album, which doesn't have anything offensive in it...yet). Most of the potentially offensive stuff is just pin-ups (of Cynder smilie) and the mature pieces are yuri (girl/girl) pictures. I try not to do anything too risque, but I know a lot of people don't like yuri so I put those in their own place.
#7 Posted: 19:01:45 23/08/2007
well its more funny that offensive its ok with me although my dream last night wasnt.....lol
---
#8 Posted: 19:52:05 23/08/2007 | Topic Creator
Yay! I've always believed that one shouldn't take anything too seriously. smilie But a few folks at the Spyro the Dragon Forums were upset by some of the stuff I'd drawn, so I figured I'd be nice and sort it out for those who didn't want a nasty surprise. I was prudish as a kid, too. smilie

What was your dream?
#9 Posted: 19:54:27 23/08/2007
go to off topic and weird dreams the last post....
---
Ross Gold Sparx Gems: 2159
#10 Posted: 20:57:10 23/08/2007
Quote: Giveitup
I'm under 18 and I already looked at it.It envolves lesbeans and sexy talk.

I'm under 18 and haven't seen it but saying lesbeans makes me want to, strangely enough, tell you all that one day at school, in view of our class' window, were three drunks/lesbeans on the field outside the school grounds. They did sick things like take their bras off and anything under the category 'disgusting & unmentionable'. Sorry if you didn't wanna know that.
---
"My life is meaningless now that my blue line is incomplete" - Quoting Me. It's not random, there is a story behind saying that.
#11 Posted: 19:03:18 24/08/2007
Urgh, no I didn't Ross... and I should be able to cope with hearing that at 15 years of age....
---

#12 Posted: 10:48:12 25/08/2007 | Topic Creator
Re: Ross (and lesbians) - Eugh! Jeeze, it's called public decency, ladies! I hate it when people do stuff like that out in public. I don't even kiss my fiance in public out of respect for the people who are bothered by that sort of thing.
#13 Posted: 19:12:52 25/08/2007
I know some girls are just total tarts these days! Whoops this is off-topic! Well my post is but that's about it!

I still love Forgiveness! I was laughing so much when I first saw that!

Ok, everyone here has GOT to look at 'Flight Training'! I totally thought that Ignitus was going to do that too, Razz!

And congrats on being engaged!smilie
---

Last edited at 13:52:13 26/08/2007 by RedWelshDragon
#14 Posted: 00:30:03 26/08/2007 | Topic Creator
Thank you! smilie October is going to be an exciting month; I'm getting married on the 31st (after four+ years of being engaged).

I swear, Ignitus is trying to kill Spyro! smilie I'm still not convinced that "Flight Training" didn't happen somewhere in the game off-camera. >D I love ANB, but the game takes itself so seriously, it's just too easy to pole fun at it. And I've always liked laughing at the things I love (you don't even want to know what I've done to Lara Croft over the years >D).
#15 Posted: 15:07:48 26/08/2007
Ignitus seems to take everything so seriously in the game! I can't believe Sparx didn't push Spyro over the edge when Ignitus was teaching him how to fly, even if Ignitus wasn't intending to! >.< I mean, c'mon Sparx is just a moron sometimes!

Lara Croft... interesting.... I can imagine! >.<
---

robby Yellow Sparx Gems: 1513
#16 Posted: 18:33:40 26/08/2007
it was good
---
Ya rite chaps
#17 Posted: 19:14:57 26/08/2007
Just good? smilie

God help me.
---

#18 Posted: 21:31:11 26/08/2007 | Topic Creator
Oh man, I could so see Sparx doing that! He is, after all, Spyro's brother and torment is an instinct with siblings. smilie

Over the course of a decade, I've done numerous comics with Lara Croft and even turned her into a lizard (the lizard version ended up turning into an original character in her own right, though, and I am very fond of her).
#19 Posted: 14:28:54 27/08/2007
Cool - I could totally see Lara Croft as numerous things!
---

HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#20 Posted: 14:37:58 27/08/2007
You're art is awesome! Especially Cynder's pictures! ^.^
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#21 Posted: 14:39:28 27/08/2007
I liked Defiant Cynder too. She will totally come into her own in the next game!
---

#22 Posted: 02:52:30 29/08/2007 | Topic Creator
Thank you, HIR and RedWelshDragon! smilie

Cynder is always fun to draw. I had a good time drawing "Cynder Defiant". It struck me when I was at a graduation, so I drew it.
#23 Posted: 13:44:35 29/08/2007
"Stop screaming you're wasting energy!"

I had to say that! Do you mind if I attempt to draw a version where Sparx pushes Spyro off the dojo cliff?
---

#24 Posted: 19:50:11 29/08/2007 | Topic Creator
Sure, go for it! Just post a link when you're done 'cause I want to see. smilie

My fiance, Stoker, came up with that line while we were discussing ANB at the hardware store (yes, I am that much of a dork). He and I both make fun of me for loving these games so much. smilie So we were talking about the scene where Spyro learns to fly and I was like, "Man, there is a comic in that somewhere!" and he just came out with "Stop screaming, you're just wasting energy!" So, while he went off to find light bulbs, I sat down on a palette of wood and doodled out the comic. smilie
#25 Posted: 20:00:50 29/08/2007
Well if you don't put it down when you think of it, you'll forget it! Or at least I find that's my problem... I'm usually designing story characters when I should be concentrating in class because I know I HAVE to write down ideas straight away! Ah well, I've had good results so far so it can't be wrong!

Ok, I'll work on the basic picture for that tonight! smilie smilie smilie
---

#26 Posted: 22:52:04 29/08/2007
RWD wrote:I still love Forgiveness! I was laughing so much when I first saw that!

Lol yea that was my faverite too
---
#27 Posted: 10:28:43 30/08/2007
Argh! I can't get the body shape right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*rips up scrap paper*

I never throw away my originals. So the scrap paper takes the rap.... sorry scrap paper.
---

#28 Posted: 14:40:07 30/08/2007 | Topic Creator
Keep trying. smilie Practice is how we get better at things. smilie

Hee, oh dear, you've caught the ADD! smilie Except probably not. I used to spend more time making up stories than doing work, too. Oh wait, I still do that. >D
#29 Posted: 15:27:08 30/08/2007
Ack, I won't do it in college though! I swear! Work there will probably be more important/interesting than secondary school. If not, and you never see me again, you know what's happened......... no not what you're thinking! I'll only go into a boredom flash!

Wait ADD? What's that stand for?????
---

#30 Posted: 19:36:14 30/08/2007 | Topic Creator
There's new Spyro art up!

Whee, art dump!

I'll start with the less than great pen doodles. smilie

There's a Spyro head in the midst of all these random pen sketches I did at the NFB national convention.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v633/razzek/Spyro/?action=view¤t=randoms005.jpg

Cynder's blowing a kiss, or something. (Please to be ignoring the sorry excuse for a drawing of Lara Croft! Dsmilie
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v633/razzek/Spyro/?action=view¤t=cynpoofnlara009.jpg

Stick Cynder is all kinds of fun. smilie The other one...I think I was attempting to draw a reference sketch based on the official Cynder art but something went horribly, horribly wrong.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v633/razzek/Spyro/?action=view¤t=cynstickfig008.jpg

While at Grandma's over the summer, I went and drew myself a crossover: Cynder as one of the dragons from the Sonic SatAM!
http://razzek.deviantart.com/art/SatAM-Cynder-63666264

This was all an accident, but I really like this doodle. Lil' Cynder's gone fishin'.
http://razzek.deviantart.com/art/Spyro-Gone-Fishin-63666515

It's the comic from above with Wyraach, only in horrible color.
http://razzek.deviantart.com/art/Spyro-Confrontation-color-63668151

And there's a colored version of one of the drawings that I won't link to directly here (it's one of the Cynder pin-ups) to be found in the journal archive.
#31 Posted: 19:41:26 30/08/2007 | Topic Creator
RedWelshDragon: Hee, I thought that about college myself. Now I'm a bitter college drop-out. smilie (I'm a terrible role model. smilie)

ADD (more correctly know as AD/HD) is an abreviation for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (I hate that name). It basically just means that my brain works differently than most people's (which is why I do so much crazy, off-the-wall art). Dr. Edward Hallowell likes to call it having a turbo brain: a person with ADD has a race car brain that's always going at full speed and never slows down.
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#32 Posted: 20:12:29 30/08/2007
omg, love da pics Razz....how old r u tho coz thos Cynder pics on the adult section wer a bit...ya kno.......offencive 2 Cynder fans (like me)(joke)
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#33 Posted: 21:03:36 30/08/2007
Quote: Razz
RedWelshDragon: Hee, I thought that about college myself. Now I'm a bitter college drop-out. smilie (I'm a terrible role model. smilie)

ADD (more correctly know as AD/HD) is an abreviation for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (I hate that name). It basically just means that my brain works differently than most people's (which is why I do so much crazy, off-the-wall art). Dr. Edward Hallowell likes to call it having a turbo brain: a person with ADD has a race car brain that's always going at full speed and never slows down.

Oh I get it! Hmm, I think I switch on and off but that's about it! smilie. I think people just make up those long, boring names to separate people - um, hello, why label people? smilie No point whatsoever and yet, people do it.

LOS
Razz is 25.
---

#34 Posted: 04:59:21 01/09/2007 | Topic Creator
Lover of Spyro: Well, I did warn everyone about that art. If it did offend you, that's you're own doing. smilie

Red': ADD isn't a label. It really is a chemical imbalance in the brain and it does cause problems in life.

Um...brain... Shoot. I totally lost my train of thought. *facepalm*
#35 Posted: 10:07:55 01/09/2007
I understand what you meant: I don't know if it's the same for where you live, but for me anything about you is used as a 'label'. But when you think about it, by drawing attention to something by using a scientific name is similar to singling somebody out by using a school slang. It is still intended to separate people so the base subconscious intention is the same. I listen a lot in school (to the gossip/idle talk/sometimes to the teacher smilie) and you would be surprised what I hear. People seem to forget I'm there because apparently I'm 'Highest Achiever' (I've had that award 3 years running but not 4 cos the presentations were cancelled). Ok VERY different scenario, but similar base.

Other than that my 'Flight Training 2' isn't working out the way I intended it to. . . . no I'm not going to say what happens yet! The final picture is 'ok' (i.e. It took me forever to do but I still don't think it's good enough) - I usually work backwards on things like this. I always do a concluding paragraph for homework before the essay etc. Yes I know. I'm weird.
---

#36 Posted: 04:42:01 02/09/2007 | Topic Creator
A label is something people put on things to categorize them. It's human nature to want to divide things up; that makes life simpler, easier to understand. Sometimes it's good, sometimes not. The sort of label you're referring to, though, is something like being called "goth" or "preppy", being put into a group for behaviors and customs you have control over. ADD is like blindness: it's not something that you can change or deny and having a name for it is actually very helpful. When I found out that there was a name, and therefor help, for some of the things I couldn't control about my life, it was one of the best things that ever happened to me.

Oooo...! It sounds awesome, regardless. smilie I really can't wait to see it!
#37 Posted: 13:40:09 02/09/2007
Ok, I guess I see the difference. I still don't like anything being categorized! I am very random!

Here's 'Flight Mishap' - very different to what I first tried to do! smilie Sorry about the bad shading on Cynder. Also sorry if this comes out HUGE. It gets pixelated if I make it smaller smilie stupid computer...

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---

Pyro girl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1752
#38 Posted: 13:55:31 02/09/2007
LOL! Poor Spyro!

I've got quite a funny pic to show you Spyro being harassed by a fan girl and Cyra's no' happy smilie! I'll post it tomorrow when I het home from School.
---
Kakarot, I think I'm going to puke ~Vegeta
Live Long and Prosper ~ Mr. Spock
I'm stupid, I'm Stupid ~ Starscream
#39 Posted: 13:57:18 02/09/2007
Thanks!
Oh, I can't wait to see that!
---

#40 Posted: 20:39:13 02/09/2007 | Topic Creator
Red', that is awesome! And I love your take on Cynder. She's adorable!
#41 Posted: 20:53:55 02/09/2007
Thanks! smilie I spent most time on Cynder for some reason! The Spyro in the last picture came out weird though cos I was trying to make him look a bit dazed from his 'not-so-high fall'!
---

#42 Posted: 18:24:38 03/09/2007 | Topic Creator
You're version of Spyro is great, too! I think you did a good job making him look dazed and confused (and a bit disgruntled). smilie
#43 Posted: 18:36:14 03/09/2007
Ok, I'm going to have to show this thread to that art teacher! Thanks Razz! I might do another one of sparx pushing him off but I can't for the life of me find a good Ignitus picture (from the game). I need inspiraton!

Argh will those kittens stop running up and down the freaking garden path????? They have bells on their collars and it's REALLY annoying!!! Oh god, I think they knocked something over. Go to go!
---

#44 Posted: 21:22:07 03/09/2007 | Topic Creator
Hey, Red', I have a ton of Ignitus references. If you're comfortable with sending me an e-mail, I can send you a .zip file of my Spyro art/screenshot collection.

Also, lookit, more art!

Some really silly doodles of a cartoon Cynder.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v633/razzek/Spyro/?action=view¤t=spyrocynsketchies011.jpg

Zombie!Spyro and Cynder the can-opener, as requested by you guys and a dude on dA. I need to re-try zombie!Spyro, though, I think I can do better. But I love Cynder the can-opener. smilie
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v633/razzek/Spyro/?action=view¤t=spyrotwofer010.jpg

A modified teenage Cynder.
http://razzek.deviantart.com/art/Spyro-Teen-Cynder-64024793

And the companion, modified teen Spyro.
http://razzek.deviantart.com/art/Spyro-Teen-Spyro-64025199
EternalSpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#45 Posted: 03:52:41 04/09/2007
Your drawing will never get boring, absolutely love em. Especially the cynder can opener, what's up with that, its awesome.

PS: Haven't heard from you in a while (on spyroforum) about the spyro ANB music zip fiel you were going to email me (my user is EternalNight). If you can't do it, dont worry about it.
---
As the Night of Eternal Darkness apporaches, Spyro is haunted by .... Maps of the U.S. and Canada, and traffic capability for just $216.76 from Amazon.com
#46 Posted: 06:23:06 04/09/2007 | Topic Creator
Thank you! smilie Someone on deviantART said Cynder's tail blade looked like a can opener in the comments to another pic of mine and the idea made me laugh, so I drew it. smilie

Eep! Was I supposed to send you the ANB music? Oh crud! I sent the soundtrack to somebody... I guess that wasn't you, was it? smilie Send me an e-mail to confiscatedretina(AT)gmail.com and remind me to send you the link to the .zip file. smilie
EternalSpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#47 Posted: 07:56:30 04/09/2007
Hey Razz, have you ever think of doing a Spyro/Crash crossover sketch?
---
As the Night of Eternal Darkness apporaches, Spyro is haunted by .... Maps of the U.S. and Canada, and traffic capability for just $216.76 from Amazon.com
#48 Posted: 10:25:53 04/09/2007 | Topic Creator
I haven't. Way back in the day, I think I did a crossover drawing between Crash and Super Mario, but it's lost to the ages (and the five or six times I've had to move since then). I haven't played the Crash games in a long time and they never really captured my interest like Spyro (they just weren't psychedelic enough smilie).
#49 Posted: 14:43:18 04/09/2007
I can't get to the photobucket pictures! Nooo! I have an account - what is wrong with this computer??? I so want to see the can opener picture!

Sure, I'll e-mail you now! Please don't laugh at my e-mail address *cringes*. My father was there when I chose it so it had to be neutral (it's a type of butterfly smilie)
---

#50 Posted: 23:39:52 04/09/2007 | Topic Creator
Hey Red', are you sure you copied the whole link for the Photobucket images? The links are long and they scroll off-screen on these forums. You have to drag your mouse to the right to be sure you've selected the whole thing.
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me