Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 199 of 276 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 197 198 199 200 201 ... 274 275 276
Leaving/Returning Thread [STICKY]
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#9901 Posted: 03:56:12 04/01/2016
I'm getting bored of this place so I'm gonna leave for a while. See ya later
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5748
#9902 Posted: 03:59:32 04/01/2016
no, seabass i don't respect you.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#9903 Posted: 08:36:52 04/01/2016
Quote: AvatariDragon
I've been thinking about this for awhile, and I think it's time for me to leave. I don't know if it's because I have changed, or if the site/user base has changed, but I don't really enjoy it here anymore. I don't have much to contribute because I'm not interested in or can't relate to many of the topics being posted, and when I do post I feel like I'm ignored a lot of the time anyway. I'm just not needed here anymore, assuming I was ever actually needed. And while some of y'all may say or think differently, I doubt I'm really wanted here either. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful to the friends that I have made here, but on the forum in general I seem to be more of a social outcast than anything else, or at least that's how I feel a lot of the time. I suppose that's my own fault for not being more social or even more approachable, but at the same time that's just how I am and I can't really change that. I thought I could be more myself online, or rather someone I would like to be, but it seems even that has a limit.

Also, it seems like this place gives me more grief than anything else. I joined this site thinking it would be a good escape from real life problems, and I could make friends and have a good time. But honestly if it wasn't for meeting scf and a couple other friends, I would say that I wish I had never joined this site at all. I will admit that the first couple of years here were nice, but it seems like this place has turned into a very unwelcoming and unfriendly community. It almost feels like Tumblr in a way; if a user doesn't fit y'all's standards you go after them like it's some sort of witch hunt. It's like some of y'all have formed little cliques and stick with that while treating everyone else badly, or ignoring them completely. And it seems like if there's even the smallest opportunity to pick on someone, some of you are a little too quick to take it. The sad part is that issues like this have been discussed before but nobody seems to care enough to change it. Obviously not everyone acts like this though, and it's not all the time, and I am far from being perfect myself, but I've been here long enough to see these things. I feel like I've been watching all of this from the sidelines. You know I'm there but I'm not important enough to recognize, which is why I never really bothered discussing this before. I would often feel dread when I'm about to come on here but I would still do it since it's part of my routine or whatever and I never really had anything better to do. I would often get stressed or annoyed or even angry, or I'll feel bad about myself because I keep comparing myself to others or I'll say something that ends up getting ignored or sounding stupid or taken the wrong way. And none of that helps my depression at all. I can't really blame y'all for making it worse because some of it is my own fault and I should learn to control my feelings and emotions a bit more. But still, enough is enough.

I keep telling myself that it's only a website, but I've been here for quite awhile now, and I have history tied to this site, so it's difficult for me to say that this place isn't important. So all of that just makes the negative feelings that much worse, especially since I always considered this place to be like a second home. It really hasn't been all bad, but as the saying goes, "All good things must come to an end." And anyway, I'm pretty busy with school, so all of these negative feelings and distractions aren't good for school life, and even for life in general. So that's why I'm leaving now, to start the new year off fresh.

That being said, if there are actually people who would like to stay in touch, I'll still log on every now and then to check messages. But I'd like to log on here as little as possible, so if you want to talk frequently I'll give you my Skype or Tumblr name or something. Who knows, I might end up coming back eventually, because as much as I hate to admit it, this site is rather addicting. But don't count on it, so don't expect anything from Avatari anymore.

Thanks for all of the memories, and happy new year.

Bye bye~

Sad to see you go, but I wish you luck. I hope everything gets better.

Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: KeybasHedKey
I can't say it...

Really i left for some reason. I want more respect to my person. Everything i say people start throwing tomatos.

Respect is earned, not handed out as if it amounts to nothing.

Not to sound rude, but if you want to be treated with respect you have to show us that you deserve it first.

If you're gonna continue to disrespect other people the way that you have been, don't expect any respect from others to come your way. Simple as that.

Having a mental illness doesn't automatically give you a free pass on that either, as harsh as it sounds.

However, people should keep the fact that you have a mental illness in mind for future reference rather than jumping on you when you do something wrong.

I don't think that would really fix the whole problem. Your post in particular isn't rude at all, but saying "Respect is earned" is a double-edged sword, because it always works both ways.

While it was all originally KeybasHedKey's fault, I feel that she could start groveling for forgiveness right now and the only responses she'd get would be something along the lines of:
"Yeah right haha I'll believe it when I see it."
"Oh, this is what, the third time already?"
"You brought this to yourself."
"Stop trying to play the victim."

I mean, could the users who do this kinda stuff at least admit that they're also being complete dicks in return? If people really wanted to make nice they would be nice, even if they would have to let go of that sweet, sweet chance to get back at someone who made them mad once or twice.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:11:25 04/01/2016 by Samius
thumper Ripto Gems: 3519
#9904 Posted: 12:54:48 04/01/2016
^ I'll admit I've been harsh on her but she's the one being rude. Mental illness is NO reason for her to lash out at others because she doesn't agree with an opinion. If her being here is upsetting her to the degree that she lashes out at others then she's the one that needs to quit logging on and go about her miserable way. She's not a child (even tho she acts like one.) I do feel as tho she can control her anger and quit lashing out at others, but it just seems as tho she dwells on starting arguments which in turn she turns it into she's the victim. Nah I have no respect for her and I don't think she will change, she's gonna get worse and she'll be saying 'stop picking on me, I'm leaving'. She'll come back and..
oh wait... it's a circle, a never ending circle. smilie
#9905 Posted: 13:58:59 04/01/2016
Quote: thumper
^ I'll admit I've been harsh on her but she's the one being rude. Mental illness is NO reason for her to lash out at others because she doesn't agree with an opinion. If her being here is upsetting her to the degree that she lashes out at others then she's the one that needs to quit logging on and go about her miserable way. She's not a child (even tho she acts like one.) I do feel as tho she can control her anger and quit lashing out at others, but it just seems as tho she dwells on starting arguments which in turn she turns it into she's the victim. Nah I have no respect for her and I don't think she will change, she's gonna get worse and she'll be saying 'stop picking on me, I'm leaving'. She'll come back and..

But you (and some other users) have been rude towards her as well. If I was in her place, I wouldn't want to change my act for people who neither respect nor believe in me at all.
#9906 Posted: 14:06:02 04/01/2016
Quote: Samius
Quote: thumper

But you (and some other users) have been rude towards her as well. If I was in her place, I wouldn't want to change my act for people who neither respect nor believe in me at all.

Yes I have been rude to her and YES I did admit I have been rather harsh towards her. Ya know if I was in HER place, I'd listen to those who are TRYING to get her to hold back her anger and temper tantrums and at least try to be a bit nicer to others. But then again, I'm not her so why bother with this conversation anymore. smilie
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#9907 Posted: 14:09:31 04/01/2016
I've been nice several times,tried to reason several times to prevent people getting threads locked or posts removed, but I'm not here to babysit another user, there are limits, and you're definately out of my 'reasonable person' list if you throw a tantrum over a contest you weren't even participating on. If she FINALLY learns something, that's fine and dandy and I'll go back to discussing like a proper adult, but as long as there's drama and fake promises, doesn't feel deserved.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:15:00 04/01/2016 by Bifrost
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#9908 Posted: 14:17:13 04/01/2016
Quote: AvatariDragon
I've been thinking about this for awhile, and I think it's time for me to leave. I don't know if it's because I have changed, or if the site/user base has changed, but I don't really enjoy it here anymore. I don't have much to contribute because I'm not interested in or can't relate to many of the topics being posted, and when I do post I feel like I'm ignored a lot of the time anyway. I'm just not needed here anymore, assuming I was ever actually needed. And while some of y'all may say or think differently, I doubt I'm really wanted here either. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful to the friends that I have made here, but on the forum in general I seem to be more of a social outcast than anything else, or at least that's how I feel a lot of the time. I suppose that's my own fault for not being more social or even more approachable, but at the same time that's just how I am and I can't really change that. I thought I could be more myself online, or rather someone I would like to be, but it seems even that has a limit.

Also, it seems like this place gives me more grief than anything else. I joined this site thinking it would be a good escape from real life problems, and I could make friends and have a good time. But honestly if it wasn't for meeting scf and a couple other friends, I would say that I wish I had never joined this site at all. I will admit that the first couple of years here were nice, but it seems like this place has turned into a very unwelcoming and unfriendly community. It almost feels like Tumblr in a way; if a user doesn't fit y'all's standards you go after them like it's some sort of witch hunt. It's like some of y'all have formed little cliques and stick with that while treating everyone else badly, or ignoring them completely. And it seems like if there's even the smallest opportunity to pick on someone, some of you are a little too quick to take it. The sad part is that issues like this have been discussed before but nobody seems to care enough to change it. Obviously not everyone acts like this though, and it's not all the time, and I am far from being perfect myself, but I've been here long enough to see these things. I feel like I've been watching all of this from the sidelines. You know I'm there but I'm not important enough to recognize, which is why I never really bothered discussing this before. I would often feel dread when I'm about to come on here but I would still do it since it's part of my routine or whatever and I never really had anything better to do. I would often get stressed or annoyed or even angry, or I'll feel bad about myself because I keep comparing myself to others or I'll say something that ends up getting ignored or sounding stupid or taken the wrong way. And none of that helps my depression at all. I can't really blame y'all for making it worse because some of it is my own fault and I should learn to control my feelings and emotions a bit more. But still, enough is enough.

I keep telling myself that it's only a website, but I've been here for quite awhile now, and I have history tied to this site, so it's difficult for me to say that this place isn't important. So all of that just makes the negative feelings that much worse, especially since I always considered this place to be like a second home. It really hasn't been all bad, but as the saying goes, "All good things must come to an end." And anyway, I'm pretty busy with school, so all of these negative feelings and distractions aren't good for school life, and even for life in general. So that's why I'm leaving now, to start the new year off fresh.

That being said, if there are actually people who would like to stay in touch, I'll still log on every now and then to check messages. But I'd like to log on here as little as possible, so if you want to talk frequently I'll give you my Skype or Tumblr name or something. Who knows, I might end up coming back eventually, because as much as I hate to admit it, this site is rather addicting. But don't count on it, so don't expect anything from Avatari anymore.

Thanks for all of the memories, and happy new year.

Bye bye~

And we just started talking again too. smilie

Well, enjoy your life and good luck with your future. You rock.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#9909 Posted: 14:17:29 04/01/2016
Quote: Bifrost
I've been nice several times,tried to reason several times to prevent people getting threads locked or posts removed, but I'm not here to babysit another user, there are limits, and you're definately out of my 'reasonable person' list if you throw a tantrum over a contest you weren't even participating on. If she FINALLY learns something, that's fine and dandy and I'll go back to discussing like a proper adult, but as long as there's drama and fake promises, doesn't feel deserved.

Aside from not insulting people that you don't want to insult you back, that's really the only thing I'm after from both sides of these arguments with Keybas.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:18:31 04/01/2016 by Samius
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#9910 Posted: 20:34:43 04/01/2016
Welcome back everyone! Vlad to see ya again! ESPECIALLY YOU BARO WB!!!

Quote: Badwolfmichael
Bye guys. <3

what. no. no no no no no. WHY. smilie
---
Spread those positive vibes
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#9911 Posted: 22:18:36 06/01/2016
I'm back from my short break.
#9912 Posted: 22:29:18 06/01/2016
Welcome back!
---
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#9913 Posted: 00:00:15 07/01/2016
Activity will be very low until I get a new computer
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#9914 Posted: 01:10:01 07/01/2016
From the 9th to some undefined time in February (or possibly even March), my activity might be lowered because my whole family is going on a huge road trip around the country.
---
Dead
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#9915 Posted: 13:57:10 09/01/2016
But he refused to leave.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Dark Bro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4514
#9916 Posted: 12:41:45 12/01/2016
Well, I guess my time here is finally up. After a long time of debating whether or not to do this, I finally decided to take my last ride on the forum. I'm gonna miss you all. If you still want to contact me, PM me and I'll give you a way to contact me.
I leave you with this piece of advice, "Don't let people change who you are, be yourself and ignore everyone else who tries to change you."
---
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
Mewtwo - Pokemon:The First Movie
#9917 Posted: 15:37:52 12/01/2016
^ After talking with you I truly understand why you want to leave. I told ya I wouldn't stop you from leaving and I won't. I'll miss ya on the forum, take care of yourself, Bye Bro.
#9918 Posted: 12:35:00 13/01/2016
Quote: Sesshomaru75
In case anyone has noticed me posting less frequently lately, I've just been a bit preoccupied these past few days.

I assure you that I'm not leaving, I'm only posting this in case anyone was worried.

You're always busy Sess, however I was worried about you not being here as much. Knowing you're alright has eased up my worry tho. I do hope you get free time soon. Thank you for the reassurance that you aren't leaving. Hopefully when all settles down for you, you'll be be able to post more frequently. Talk with ya soon, bye for now. ^.^
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#9919 Posted: 12:37:48 13/01/2016
Hopefully you'll all be back some day.

I'll keep the candle burning.
---
^ You all know it's true
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#9920 Posted: 20:14:03 14/01/2016
people asked me to come back and stay back so i mean i guess im back for good?

sorry to disappoint you all but yeyeye im back
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#9921 Posted: 20:17:24 14/01/2016
Welcome back :3
---
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#9922 Posted: 21:24:18 14/01/2016
Quote: Lunarz

<33333
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#9923 Posted: 22:38:27 14/01/2016

Welcome back!
---
Dead
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5748
#9924 Posted: 11:42:57 16/01/2016

*cough* more like forced you haha jk well not really *cough*

you know who you are
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#9925 Posted: 17:09:47 16/01/2016
Oh hey look who's back, the lime who's lame.

Actually, you can call me RoberTime if you like, which is a new name for myself I find more comfortable.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#9926 Posted: 04:19:57 18/01/2016
Quote: LameLime

Actually, you can call me RoberTime if you like, which is a new name for myself I find more comfortable.

Welcome back,

Lame Lime,
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#9927 Posted: 13:44:44 18/01/2016
Quote: LameLime

How about i call you Rubber Lime?

I think that pops.
---
^ You all know it's true
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#9928 Posted: 01:12:45 19/01/2016
Mugo got banned for 48 hours.
#9929 Posted: 01:13:32 19/01/2016
Quote: somePerson

What'd he do this time?
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#9930 Posted: 02:29:59 19/01/2016
MugoUrth?
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#9931 Posted: 02:35:46 19/01/2016
Quote: Mesuxelf

What'd he do this time?

Being himself.
#9932 Posted: 02:50:06 19/01/2016
Quote: Mesuxelf

What'd he do this time?

Being himself.

:I
___
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#9933 Posted: 06:48:56 19/01/2016
I'm leaving this place just disgusts me...
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#9934 Posted: 06:52:12 19/01/2016

I know that people would say that I'm crazy, but please don't leave.

I know, you've been annoying to many people, but I have hope that you would fit in this forum.
---
Bruh
gary Prismatic Sparx Gems: 11327
#9935 Posted: 07:22:00 19/01/2016
don't say like that,Keybash?if you leaving too soon. smilie
---
"let go inside"Gary Sparkle said. (smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie are my collecting skylander)
#9936 Posted: 11:04:05 19/01/2016
At this point it would be more convenient to have automatic gnorcs whenever Aura responds in her topics. Would save posting here.

Have a nice break, Drawdler :3
---
#9937 Posted: 11:22:47 19/01/2016
Quote: Drawdler
I'm taking a break because for the last month this place has just been ****ty trends and I think I fell in love with a user here and it's really confusing me so I need time to myself. I don't think I'll be active anywhere for now, but if you want to message me, Steam is the best bet.

Bye Drawdler, come back soon!

.o/
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#9938 Posted: 11:32:48 19/01/2016
Quote: Bifrost
At this point it would be more convenient to have automatic gnorcs whenever Aura responds in her topics. Would save posting here.

Not entirely. I mean with some situations, it's also the other party's fault as well. And it would be more biased if we had a system like that. We're trying not to have an ungodly biased mind towards user and stick on the neutral side and collect as much info on the situation as possible and see what we could do to handle it.

Honestly what would save posts is if everyone understood that 2 wrongs never make a right and poking a bear with a stick is only asking for disaster.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#9939 Posted: 11:39:41 19/01/2016
Pretty much, but in the topic in General people warned Aura about adding fuel to the fire already so I didn't feel the need to say it. The intentions are good,but if arguing didn't work the first 10 times,it's not going to work now.
---
#9940 Posted: 12:19:05 19/01/2016
I try to always get neutral, but this thing is getting a little repetitive. Seriously, this needs to stop sometime.
---
Bruh
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#9941 Posted: 12:20:04 19/01/2016
*Looks at recent thread of KeyBash's* I think you and another user were a little late on that. Counted at least 4 posts of Auras' and most of which was bickering (unless there was some post deleted or something). But Crash did tell Aura to just ignore such threads. And you did basically say that complaining about complaining is stupid and pointless, along with how there's severe drought of drama. I'll give ya that.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#9942 Posted: 12:24:31 19/01/2016
The drought is of Skylanders news,which is making the section quite unwelcoming when the discussion is anywhere close to heated.
The posts were overnight in my timezone so it's not like I could do anything about it :I
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:25:42 19/01/2016 by Bifrost
#9943 Posted: 12:28:43 19/01/2016
I think that I reached at the right time, I guess? I'm a overnight stalker...

Well, things these days are pretty heated, should I say too. I personally somewhat agree with Keybash. Things and people needs to calm down a little. It's all to heated.
---
Bruh
#9944 Posted: 14:00:33 19/01/2016
Quote: Drawdler
I'm taking a break because for the last month this place has just been ****ty trends and I think I fell in love with a user here and it's really confusing me so I need time to myself. I don't think I'll be active anywhere for now, but if you want to message me, Steam is the best bet.

I'll miss you! Have a nice break smilie
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#9945 Posted: 14:30:00 19/01/2016
I'm gonna drop in activity for a while and then drop off the face of the Earth, I have to go back to college, then Fire Emblem comes out and that's gonna take up what remaining free time I have until summer.

So if you don't see me around much more, that's why.
First | Previous | Page 199 of 276 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 197 198 199 200 201 ... 274 275 276

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me