darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Year of the Dragon > A Glitch I Discovered While Experimenting
Page 1 of 1
A Glitch I Discovered While Experimenting [CLOSED]
spyroiac Green Sparx Gems: 196
#1 Posted: 20:46:57 26/07/2007 | Topic Creator
Oh, yeahs~! I discovered a glitch. In Year of the Dragon (the 3rd game) go to Molten Crater, and jump on the lava three times, and pause the game IMMEDIATELY when you touch the lava the fourth time. Add an extra jump if you have the extra hitpoint. Then after it's paused, exit the level, and to make sure you did it right, charge the sheep outside of the portal. If Sparx doesn't reappear, then you did it right. Or you could just see if the game can pause. If it can't, you did it right. Then either go to Seashell Shore (be SURE not to fall in the lake while gliding over there, because the water is gone and there is absolutely to escape other than resetting the console) and charge out of the first section. You'll be like, swimming in the air. And while you're at it, go to the Sheila level. Walk in the water. Seriously, WALK, you won't swim smilie. After that, exit Seashell Shore and go to like, a different level with water. But DON'T go down where Hunter taught you to hover. The powerup wont work and you'll be stuck. OH, YEAH! Go to Midday Gardens and go to the place where they speak in Haiku (I forget the name) and dive in the piranha infested waters. It's like, a cliff~!
This is a SUPER FREAKY glitch smilie

Yes, I found it by myself~
---
SpyroxElora pwns.
Along with HunterxBianca. ♥
Ross Gold Sparx Gems: 2159
#2 Posted: 08:01:50 27/07/2007
Most of those glitches are commonly known, however the one in Shelia's challenge in Seashell Shore is a new one.

I guess after triggering the Molten Crater/Enchanted Towers/Fireworks Factory/Midnight Mountain glitch ALL water effects will be messed up.

And one which I've only seen one video of on YouTube, if you trigger any Swim in the Air glitch and fly up really high, you'll get the old thing discovered here of seeing portals, but if you go even higher your game will either crash or you'll see a SECOND VERSION OF THE LEVEL!!! It's basically without any powerups, enemies, allies, fodder, gems, chests, keys, thieves or anything else that changes when gotten near or hit. The scenery is still there, however, but everything and I mean EVERYTHING can be swam through. Portals, water, ground, ice, trees and everything else you see. You may attempt to get back down to the real level when bored but the game'll most likely crash.

Oh, and, it'd be cool if you could somehow stop swimming when up there and fall ALL the way back down to the real level.
---
"My life is meaningless now that my blue line is incomplete" - Quoting Me. It's not random, there is a story behind saying that.
Pyro girl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1752
#3 Posted: 09:18:16 27/07/2007
Can you give me a link to that video?
---
Kakarot, I think I'm going to puke ~Vegeta
Live Long and Prosper ~ Mr. Spock
I'm stupid, I'm Stupid ~ Starscream
Loona Fodder
#4 Posted: 19:15:46 27/07/2007
Quote: Pyro girl
Can you give me a link to that video?

Oh Yeah!

That sounds like very weird. smilie
#5 Posted: 14:52:33 28/07/2007
It's awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwazsEhVFPM
---
"My life is meaningless now that my blue line is incomplete" - Quoting Me. It's not random, there is a story behind saying that.
#6 Posted: 15:18:28 28/07/2007
So this happens when you Swim in air up really high?
---
#7 Posted: 16:16:08 28/07/2007
Indeed.
---
#8 Posted: 16:28:57 28/07/2007
Cool! I'm going to do that after tea and 'You've been framed'

EDIT: HUh? What gives? I flew up really high like you said but I just found floating portals and when I flew up even higher, I just died and how do you swim in air in Midday gardens anyway?
---
Last edited at 16:46:37 29/07/2007 by Pyro girl
emberelora Emerald Sparx Gems: 3059
#9 Posted: 19:29:20 23/08/2007
i've seen those glitches on youtube. there was one a bit like it but you had to burn yourself in the lava 3 times then pause in fireworks factory. then exit level swim until you reach the surface and you are swimming in the air! if you go under the level you can see hunter's cage where he falls in and the belly of the whale (take my advice and don't go in the whale. or if you want to get stuck in ther forever).
---
"This is the most musically inclined situation I've ever found myself in and I've played guitar hero!"
#10 Posted: 20:19:22 26/08/2007
To do the Midday Garden Swimming Glitch: Go to the Superflame Powerup and charge-jump onto the big rock sticking out near the steps to it. Now charge-jump-glide professionly taking a very sharp right to hug the wall and hover. If done right, you'll land on the long straight rock by the powerup. Now glide at the rock ahead and you'll go right through it. Flutter a bit by pushing back to stay below the level and glide under the shallow river near the end of the river. Make sure you're a bit under the river; you'll end up in the river if too high and you'll die if too low. Now Headbash. You should start swimming. Swim away from the level and back in, still swimming.
---
Jacques12 Red Sparx Gems: 72
#11 Posted: 02:53:01 27/08/2007
But that's really hard. Did you see the Icy Peak thief glitch on YouTube? It was SO annoying.
---
Hi!
emberelora Emerald Sparx Gems: 3059
#12 Posted: 08:45:37 27/08/2007
i haven't what happened?
---
"This is the most musically inclined situation I've ever found myself in and I've played guitar hero!"
twilight-shadow Fodder
#13 Posted: 19:53:33 27/08/2007
I didn't see those video.

And I'm not sure, it's a glitch. But in Icy Peak, when you go up the whirlwind to the high tower, you can catch one of the two thiefs. Well, make a nosedive.
#14 Posted: 21:39:58 28/08/2007
Actually, you can catch two, requiring extremely good timing and positioning.
---
Cynder 1500 Blue Sparx Gems: 819
#15 Posted: 21:34:38 20/01/2008
Not to mention great reflexes and knowledge of the tracks. Run around them for a while, ignoring the theves and get their feel, where there are barriers, and where there are not. Then go after the theives.
---
http://CrystalWildfyr.dragonadopters.com/dragon_2353 Please help my lonely dragon!
SpyroGamer2008 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4203
#16 Posted: 17:23:59 23/01/2008
Quote: Jacques12
But that's really hard. Did you see the Icy Peak thief glitch on YouTube? It was SO annoying.

Can you give me a link for the video????
---
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5243-6111
P.M. me if you want me to add you.
Dragongyrl1000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1939
#17 Posted: 23:27:21 30/01/2008
Cool glitches! I've seen tons of glitches for this game on youtube...
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
SD-King Yellow Sparx Gems: 1082
#18 Posted: 05:29:34 03/02/2008
i knew the first glitch before i read it here.
---
I'm turning 12 on July the 9th.By then I will officially retire,and may never return to darkSpyro.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me