Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Toys for Bob office shutting down, no more Skylanders and Spyro.
Page 1 of 1
Toys for Bob office shutting down, no more Skylanders and Spyro.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#1 Posted: 08:10:16 08/02/2024 | Topic Creator
It was said Microsofts 70billion ABK acquisition would change Toys for Bob for the better and they would be able to revive Spyro under Microsoft. Well, they fired everybody and they are shutting down the office now. The layoffs in Novato at 4 Hamilton Landing match an address for gaming studio and “Skylanders” creator Toys for Bob, which was acquired by Activision in 2005. The facility will also be closing, according to a state filing. Thats it folks, its game over for our beloved purple friend Spyro.

Read more:
https://icon-era.com/threads/c...e-mistake.9488/
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#2 Posted: 12:29:13 08/02/2024
Damn. And this right after rumors were going around that they'd be put in change of making a new Banjo-Kazooie. Xbox just keeps killing the stuff I love whenever they get ahold of it.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7728
#3 Posted: 12:48:47 08/02/2024
Apparently that is misinformation and the studios aren’t shutting down, just going remote.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#4 Posted: 12:53:25 08/02/2024
Not true, that article apparently extrapolated over an old report and the current staff is actually remote work (still as good as dead, but y'know). This is as true as OP's little concerns over the "lgbt takeover" he talked about in Stuff and Nonsense.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#5 Posted: 05:20:13 09/02/2024
Oh that's good. I guess it's similar to what happened to Rare then, a lot of employees got laid off after they joined Microsoft (many of which ended up forming Playtonic). Still not a good sign though, but at least there's hope.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me