Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > 1 year ago Spyro 4: Crystal Conspiracy came out
Page 1 of 1
1 year ago Spyro 4: Crystal Conspiracy came out
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#1 Posted: 06:09:58 29/08/2023 | Topic Creator
I personally think that the game was really good. Like super good actually. I was never really the biggest fan of the original trilogy but this game really hits the mark. The art direction is beautiful and I think that Toys 4 Bob did a really good job in terms of graphics.

I remember being super excited about the game when it was announced at a PlayStation State of Play and crying over how the purple dragon is back for real.

The boss battles were very fun too. For a platformer I thought it was an interesting take for the team to make Spyro have to deal with the moral question of rather murder is ethical when the person being executed is a sinner. This series has really grown with it's playerbase and seeing Spyro cry over the death of his friends has me crying to this day. The sex scene between Hunter and Bianca was quite weird and out of place tho.

I think the political debate about bombing riptos castle was super intell because it made us the player think about the consequences of our actions. Like sure we kill random goons but what happens when you kill an entire kingdom of innocents? I think Hunter was right on the end though. Ultimately his views of genocide were correct because him blowing up others for the greater good of his children and the next generation was a tough decision to make.

The ending was kinda bad NGL. Spyro shouldn't have let hunter die. Sure hunter was mentally losing it after his children were murdered by ripto and bombing an entire kingdom but he was still spyros friend. Maybe Hunter was redeemable? Hunters last words will forever haunt me. "I just wanted to protect us Spyro".

Maybe Hunter was a commentary on the modern world and terrorism. Are we really in the right for bombing and killing innocents in other countries if it makes our children feel safe? Are the terrorists really terrorists of we are the ones killing them? Hunter is a very deep and complex character
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me