Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Do Influencers Have Responsibilities Over Their Fans?
Page 1 of 1
Do Influencers Have Responsibilities Over Their Fans?
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#1 Posted: 22:05:43 07/06/2023 | Topic Creator
I think some creators are kinda egotistical to think that they are parental figures but they do have strong influencers over their fans. This is because as entertainers they have the same amount of influences as other sources of entertainment. Especially old idubbzzz videos where he explained to his audience why saying slurs is ok.
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#2 Posted: 00:47:09 08/06/2023
i think so i guess it just depends on who it is and the effect they have on their fans. like i think eugenia cooney is responsible for her young impressionable fans. she knows what she is doing
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
#3 Posted: 02:06:55 08/06/2023 | Topic Creator
Quote: Thunderdragon14
i think so i guess it just depends on who it is and the effect they have on their fans. like i think eugenia cooney is responsible for her young impressionable fans. she knows what she is doing

I always wondered if she had more fans than critics. because she does get a lot of attention in an empathic way and not an inspirational one. but I don't really know how big her audience is
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2396
#4 Posted: 06:54:28 11/06/2023
99% of the time nah, it's only when that creator pushes harmful ideologizes they are responsible. The average influencer though doesn't have much power over their audience as may be initially percieved imo.

I also would disagree about Eugenia Cooney, she is extremely ill and I don't think she has the capacity to think rationally about her influence. She has also become a Chris Chan-esque figure where she gets every detail about her life documented and dissected on Youtube. If anything I'd say her "fans" are responsible for making her life worse than the reverse. She's in this cycle where she has to cater to awful people to make money.
#5 Posted: 05:18:26 12/06/2023 | Topic Creator
Quote: skylandersfan60
99% of the time nah, it's only when that creator pushes harmful ideologizes they are responsible. The average influencer though doesn't have much power over their audience as may be initially percieved imo.

I also would disagree about Eugenia Cooney, she is extremely ill and I don't think she has the capacity to think rationally about her influence. She has also become a Chris Chan-esque figure where she gets every detail about her life documented and dissected on Youtube. If anything I'd say her "fans" are responsible for making her life worse than the reverse. She's in this cycle where she has to cater to awful people to make money.

Yeah I think it depends mostly on what content you make, like if you create pokemon nuzlocke videos you are literally just a dude who plays pokemon, how much influence do you actually have. However Andrew Tate for explain explains a lot of ideologies that is quite dangerous and affects peoples the way people think. It's basically the argument of "killing games bad because it teaches people to kill"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:12:23 12/06/2023 by somePerson
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#6 Posted: 19:42:41 17/06/2023
i think everyone has responsibility for the things they do and say to some extent to put too much anywhere is kind of dumb but to just say no entirely is also a part of this “boo hoo i am never to blame there is always someone else ” stuff the current generation leans on so much. i think you as a person need to filter out what other people especially with social media do and think but at the same time these platforms have such a hold on society there does need to be accountability for what people do and say there is a balance between the both of them
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me