Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Celeb Voice Acting Rant
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#1 Posted: 09:33:42 04/06/2023 | Topic Creator
Ok hear me out. Everytime someone on the internet says that movies need to do less celebrity voice work and hire more professional voice actors know nothing about the industry.

Voice actors and actors are not a sperate job title that requires differing skills like a doctor compared to nurse. You may say that voice acting is different because you use your voice to act while acting is your body. Well no, that's not really the case because voice acting contrary to popular belief is not just silly voices that sound different. It's about making people believe you are someone different. Which is also what acting is. Which is why both of these jobs have the word actor in their title. Voice actors are actors.

But but but Mario is Chris Pratt and he's not a voice actor. It should have been Mario from the game to be in the movie. Well here's the thing. Chris Pratt is simply just a bigger name to sell tickets to mothers and fathers who don't really care about Mario. Sure Charles Martinet has been acting as Mario for the past hundred years but have you seen his voice over he did in the Mario voice?

It gets annoying after 1 minute. Imagine a whole hour being that.

But but but he's a voice actor. Chris Pratt is an actor. Charles has more experience with voice acting than Pratt. Well what if I told you that most voice actors, started off, as actors? Isn't that crazy? You know why? It's because voice acting and acting are the same career field. So many fous voice actors like tera strong, troy baker, etc have many on camera appearances but they still take voice acting roles because it is simply a job. Why he a plumber who only works on toilets when you can work on sinks and toilets? Guys mark Hamill was literally like Skywalker and the star of a ****ty teenage car movie before being joker.

My theory on why people are really rallying up with the anti celeb voice acting and pro professional voice acting narrative is because they are mostly fans of either animated media or video games where all the voices come from people who have roles that most primarily voiced. And because of that its more like a cheering for an underdog kinda thing where the voice actor are less famous and therefore underrated than millionares like Chris Pratt. Which is why I believe most people wanting professional voice actors to star in more animated movies are simply not informed enough about the industry.

Although it is worth noting that there are voice actors who only want to do voice acting work and that is completely fair game. Voice acting isn't just limited to video games and anime. You can also do voice work with narrations, commericals, etc.

Tl;Dr: i made this on my phone at 5 am.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me