Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > music you thought you would hate until you tried it
Page 1 of 1
music you thought you would hate until you tried it
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#1 Posted: 03:07:57 02/09/2022 | Topic Creator
rip off but is there music of any kind genre or a specific artist that you thought you would hate and then when you tried it you figured out you liked it more than you thought you would? for me i grew up on rap music and electronic/club music spanning multiple different languages so that was more my flavor now rock music... i did nooooot think i was going to like like... at all... and most of the kinds of rock music that i heard as a kid anyway i didnt really like either to do a shout out to Dannys topic what really got me into rock music and then the more screamo scene was a band called ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION after that i started to jam to more alternative rock and tried out harder stuff i still dont stan the rock music scene and my tastes definitely lean more on the pop emo side but that would be my number one i think what about you
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
Erikatastrophe Green Sparx Gems: 424
#2 Posted: 03:07:51 04/09/2022
"A little bit of everything, honestly," Erika said plainly. After all, this wasn't the first time she'd been asked the question of what genre of music she likes. In fact, far from it. Very far from it.

With that being said, I like soooo many different genres of music, I might be forgetting a few that meet this topic's description as I go over this, but if so, I'll come back and add the ones I forgot.

Country music

I didn't listen to a lot of country music growing up. My mother particularly hated it, and my father didn't seem to have any opinion, but jokes were constantly made about "beer and trucks and banjos boingboingboing," so I just had it in my head that, uh, country music was that one annoying genre that you stay away from at all costs.

Surprise, surprise, I started to get more into country music when Taylor Swift arrived on the scene. Back in the day, she wrote country music, for those of you who are only familiar with pop Taylor. The fact that it was country music didn't matter, it was Taylor freaking Swift, and it was freaking awesome.

Besides Taylor, I still didn't listen to very much country music for the next several years. It was only about five or so years ago at this point, I think, that I really started to listen to more of it, such as Blake Shelton, Dolly Parton, Carrie Underwood, and Vern Gosdin, who are all artists I could listen to all day.

Country music is awesome! I just had a bad introduction to it, so I was hesitant to try it for a while.

Heavy metal or screamo rock

When I was younger, I heard heavy metal and/or screamo rock and thought, "Damn, are they possessed? That's loud, I gotta get out of here." No joke, that was my thought process. I'm not sure if it was really the sound of it that I didn't like, or more so just that I thought it was scary and dangerous, lol.

I eventually got into rock that was more on the pop side, such as The All-American Rejects, Taking Back Sunday, and Panic at the Disco. I still avoided the crazy screaming loud rock, though, and I honestly don't even remember when I got more into it now.

It's still not my favorite of all time, but I like a lot of songs from bands like Queens of the Stone Age, Killswitch Engage, Amorphis, or Tool.

Punk rock

When it came to punk rock, my examples were the most annoying songs from Blink 182, so again, I thought it was best avoided. I guess it didn't take too long for me to come to like it, as I was a fan of Simple Plan for a while.

Eventually I got more into with bands like Story of the Year, Matchbook Romance, and the old school Taking Back Sunday and Senses Fail.

Today, it's actually one of my more preferred rock categories.

Mumble rap

Now, this one shouldn't actually be here because of what the story truly is, but I thought it would be a fun bonus round. I was under the impression that "mumble rap" referred to those rappers that wanted to be Kid Cudi and Drake reallyyyy badly and always sang in a monotone voice so boring it would make you fall asleep. I hated that kind of rap-despite me always loving rap and it being one of, if not my absolute favorite genre of music-so I just wanted to avoid these "mumble rappers."

Turns out said mumble rappers are some of my favorite artists in the world that I listen to almost every day. That's not the genre at all, although I guess some of the boring monotone rappers could technically fall within the mumble rap category, that's not what it all is, and also not the majority of it.

Juice WRLD is one of my favorite artists of all time, along with Lil Uzi Vert, and I think Future is another good one, just to name a very, veryyyy few of them that I like, and they're all mumble rappers, so yeah, clearly I love this genre. It was a false alarm!

Those are all of the genres I can think of for now. I'll come back if I remember any more.
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me