Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Spank kids yay or nay
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#1 Posted: 04:37:04 31/08/2022 | Topic Creator
Tbh it's easy to tell who was spanked as a kid
Erikatastrophe Green Sparx Gems: 424
#2 Posted: 04:44:24 31/08/2022
I think I already answered it well enough in my topic, it's no different than grounding to me. In fact, it's worse, because whether it's on their face or on their backside, hitting a child is still hitting a child, and hitting a child is what we like to call child abuse and horrible parenting.

Being hit is probably much worse than being grounded to most children, so maybe they will not repeat said act that they got hit for again after the fact, but I don't know, it's in the same boat as grounding as most kids I know who are spanked are spanked often, meaning they keep doing things to get themselves in trouble, so I highly doubt the spanking is doing anything besides hurting the child, taking away their dignity, and in a perfect world getting them away from their abusive parents.

In short, nay, my answer is nay.

So tell me, was I spanked as a kid?
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#3 Posted: 06:45:58 31/08/2022
spanking is abuse abuse is bad peopleeeeee you dont want to deal with CPS its not fuuuuuun dont end up in jaaaaaaaail with custody of your kids taken away from yooouuuuu
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#4 Posted: 20:56:58 01/09/2022 | Topic Creator
Cps says that spanking isnt abuse until it is excessive enough to cause injury. But at that point it's not a spank. Cps is also a mixed bag of good and bad. And can lead to actual abusers.

The point of being spanked is not to cause harm to a child but explain why an action is bad. Problem is spanking should be a tool not something you should always use
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:57:44 01/09/2022 by somePerson
Erikatastrophe Green Sparx Gems: 424
#5 Posted: 21:00:42 01/09/2022
I don't care if there's another term for it, you're hitting a child, period. Child abuse.
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
#6 Posted: 21:21:48 01/09/2022
Quote: somePerson
Cps says that spanking isnt abuse until it is excessive enough to cause injury. But at that point it's not a spank. Cps is also a mixed bag of good and bad. And can lead to actual abusers.

The point of being spanked is not to cause harm to a child but explain why an action is bad. Problem is spanking should be a tool not something you should always use

cps needs work but you are correct would like you to know it does cause injury to most kids most parents take it too far and the abuse more than likely does not stop there

in addition to about 60 countries around the world spanking is in fact banned america however well is being america so hmmmm
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#7 Posted: 21:30:45 01/09/2022
i jujst thought it would make sense to post this in both topics since this part mainly relates to kids

----

RESOURCES ARE AT THE BOTTOM TO BACK UP MY POINT

theres not as much of a difference as you might think between the operations of the mind of a child and that of a pet and i sort of touched on that in the children smarts thread too there are however a few differences but theyre not good ones... both animals and children will discern the same thing from being spanked dont do that again or there will be punishment for it there is an equal chance that is how it will process between an animal and a child and an equal chance that it wont process like that but a child also can perceive a sense of humiliation and embarrassment which very often comes with spanking in fact it almost always does thats a degrading and shaming action to perform on your child think about it like this today... at your job... if you were corrected with whatever would embarrass you and shame you would you see that as an acceptable form of punishment if that was how we dealt with everyone were going to lead to a very insecure place with people in the world its just not the correct way to deal it

i see it as lazy parenting your too lazy to figure out your kids mental and emotional state so you resort to an easy tactic that you probably learned from you own parents JUST SPANK THEM/HIT THEM its easy and gets the point across. thats the same thing with animals it is a short term problem solver but in the long run causes more psychological harm to both the child and the pet

and i get it not everyone is a psychologist and not everyone knows better but you talk to most professionals and i really do mean most of them in the field and theyre going to explain in circles around you why from a professional psychological viewpoint spanking your kid does nothing just as it does nothing for you pet in fact if it does do something the odds are its going to have negative psychological impact and behavioral underdevelopment or negative devlopment factors introduced to your child in their later adolescent years and again to make the point this is the same in your pets

aggression
violence
fear
insecurity*
trust issues
embarrassment
shame
social misconduct

these are scientifically proven to be side affects of "simply" spanking your child let alone adding on further forms of abuse the ones above in the list bolded are also true for your pets *not sure if insecurity is the right word or term to describe the state of psychology for a pet

you do more harm then good to you kid when you spank them your not teaching them the right way there is no moral to the story and the mind of a child cannot often equal that situation to learning that what they did was inherently wrong as much as their brains will simply process it as if i dont do what i am told there is pain violence shame and embarrassment in my near future fear is the driving point to that kind of discipline NOT moral obligation

i am happy to say that by the year more and more countries around the world are realizing this and growing up passed our ancestors ways of discipline quick quote

"Thirty countries had full bans on spanking and slapping children at home or in school. Some of the countries with a ban include Estonia, Finland, Honduras, Kenya, New Zealand and Portugal.

Thirty-eight countries, including the United States and Canada, had partial corporal punishment bans, with spanking or slapping banned in schools but not at home. Twenty countries had no bans."

https://www.webmd.com/parentin...and%20Portugal.

and that was years ago look then there was 52 with my beloved France! https://www.goodhousekeeping.c...anned-spanking/

and then there were a total 59 with my beloved Japan! https://www.pacesconnection.co...to-ban-spanking

and i am so proud of them in specific but proud in general that most countries have adopted the scientifically and psychologically proven fact that spanking is incorrect and should not ever and never be considered an appropriate form of punishment for your child

so please

from someone who suffered all kinds of child abuse

please know that your actions toward physical discipline of your child creates a lot of psychological problems sometimes whether you or the child even now as an adult realize it at first or realize it down the line in therapy having a professional explain to them what is going on in there

here are some psychology and science driven articles for those of you who think that spanking or other forms of child abuse are okay

i know all of my linked articles is a LOT to read and research but doing so might provide you with a profesisonal viewpoint you otherwise just would not have been able to see yourself so please give them a read if you can both the pet ones and the ones for your children and you will probably take note that in fact there is plenty of overlap between the psychology of both of them and the psychological effects that it can have almost if not every single one of them that are very not okay

https://www.psychologytoday.co...f%2C%202013%29.
https://www.psychologytoday.co...-debate-is-over
https://childrensmd.org/browse.../spanking-work/
https://emotionalliteracyacade...ng-doesnt-work/
---
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#8 Posted: 03:14:45 02/09/2022
one of the main responsibilities of a parent or guardian is to protect their child from harm. the thought of willingly doing so oneself is completely contradictory to that objective. there are many, many forms of operant conditioning one can employ in lieu of corporal punishment, which are by and large far more effective.
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#9 Posted: 04:08:52 04/09/2022
Tbh it's easy to tell who was spanked as a kid

sp, you suggested that spanking should be used as a tool to explain why an action is bad to a child. so when you say "it's easy to tell who was spanked" are you saying that people who were are more well-mannered and virtuous individuals?
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#10 Posted: 01:08:47 05/09/2022
considering my mom had a "fear parenting" tactic which included spanking, hair pulling, slapping etc, i don't think it works too good. only realizing recently how it has subconsciously affected me my whole life. not saying spanking is to blame for everything but it's that "parenting style" or something that just makes it not work
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
#11 Posted: 05:51:33 06/09/2022
Quote: Thunderdragon14
considering my mom had a "fear parenting" tactic which included spanking, hair pulling, slapping etc, i don't think it works too good. only realizing recently how it has subconsciously affected me my whole life. not saying spanking is to blame for everything but it's that "parenting style" or something that just makes it not work

^^^^^EXACTLY
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me