Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
This is getting ridiculous...
Erikatastrophe Green Sparx Gems: 424
#1 Posted: 01:53:49 26/08/2022 | Topic Creator
And also somewhat creepy at this point...

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

I don't know what's with these websites. YouTube is the worst, and Instagram is also terrible, but I think Pinterest has surpassed Insta at this point. The censorship is ridiculous. You can't even look for stuff anymore without it questioning your mental health or accusing you of looking for nudes.

Literally all I searched for was "sad," it doesn't mean I'm depressed, and "anime girl," why the **** are you associating that with nudity? And I do have several Pins with these as things as tags, by the way, it's just hiding them from me. Also I searched "anime boy" but it didn't censor that one, so...

I also keep receiving emails from Pinterest threatening to close my account after removing several of my Pins for "violating their policies." For the record, I have nothing and never had anything bad on my Pinterest. I have a whole topic dedicated to the **** I save on there and it's stupid, but doesn't violate any policies. They give you the option to appeal the Pins they removed, and I have so far won every appeal with the exception of one, therefore proving they're exaggerating and jumping on deleting every single image they think maybe might be a little bit bad maybe.

Also, if they're going to close my account for it, I certainly hope they plan on closing the accounts of the people who are uploading these Pins to begin with, because uh...

I'm getting sick and tired of the unnecessary and experience-ruining censorship these websites have. It makes it impossible to do literally anything on them and defeats the purpose entirely.
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#2 Posted: 03:37:43 26/08/2022
i filled with irritation and spite on this line "Also I searched "anime boy" but it didn't censor that one, so..." thats not even remotely sexist pinterest GOOD WORRKKKK /s
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#3 Posted: 03:49:30 26/08/2022 | Topic Creator
Yep... Girls are just inherently something bad that needs to be censored. And again, simply typing "anime girl" shouldn't result in censorship to begin with, but that makes it even worse.

Proof:

[User Posted Image]
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2386
#4 Posted: 06:49:29 26/08/2022
Dude search censorship is the worst. A lot of LGBT stuff tends to end up getting blocked, like when Tumblr would restrict the tags(thanks to Apple) due to sexual content.

I also love to incorporate lolita fashion into my art and get an annoying amount of "we can help you smilie)))" messages when trying to find references. The worst is reddit, I remember when trying to look for stuff related to, not even the fashion, but the films based on the book directly on a film subreddit and getting this obnoxious message at the top.
[User Posted Image]
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#5 Posted: 08:15:35 26/08/2022
^i have unfortunately spent too much time on reddit but i didnt know they gave messages like that what the heck.... like how judgemental is it to throw that in someones face also yeah lgbt stuff gets censored and blocked so much even in generic search engines you start start to type "female x f-" and suggestions will go away completely it prickles at my heart not sure that one specifically would cut but just as an example
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#6 Posted: 21:29:19 26/08/2022 | Topic Creator
Ugh... Yeah, there have been a lot of times I tried to search "Is (celebrity) gay/transgender?" and both Bing and Google just completely stop giving suggestions. Like, okay, especially Google who claims they support the LGBT community, why do you censor these things as if they're inappropriate? You think I'm searching it just to make fun of said celebrity? No, I literally want to know. I always start hearing about it and I want to see if it's just people talking **** or if the celebrity themselves have confirmed it.

And the lolita thing, uhhhh, someone needs to link Reddit to Lindsey's posts on that 'cause that is not always what people mean when they're searching up that kind of stuff, obviously, as you said you were using it for fashion design. Like, seriously, what the ****? You type "lolita" and it immediately assumes you're a child sexual predator? I'm sorry, but that's disgusting on Reddit's part, not yours. Minds should not immediately jump there, it's gross.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me