Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
but emo why
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#1 Posted: 00:54:50 13/07/2022 | Topic Creator
why do you think there is such a stigma attached to likeing things that are considered "emo" or why people have such apocalyptical reactions if they are dared called the dreaded "emo" i jammed to the popular emo bands like Taking Back Sunday, Senses Fail, The All American Rejects and still think its cool. i never used to use the word because i actually didnt understand it or how to use it right when i would admit to liking things that are emo or express problems i had people would then call me emo but i didnt get it but i would see it happen to other people and they would have a "NoooooOOOO im Not emo STOP itTT!" reaction and meltdown i never understood it people threw the word around like a derogatory and people would react like it in fact was meanwhile i sit over here in my black graphic t shirt singing along to Cute Without the "E" with skull candy earbuds in from an ipod like "I LOVE EMO STUFF!!" so what was the big deal and do people still act like that and have an uber meltdown today if theyre caught being eeeeeeeeemo
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2386
#2 Posted: 01:19:48 13/07/2022
Emo is seen as a feminine often teenage thing, people look down upon dudes acting "feminine" and especially hate teenage girls. It's a bit less stigmatized today from what I've seen of tik tok and all that.
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#3 Posted: 01:29:28 13/07/2022 | Topic Creator
^im gonna be honest i never thought of the concept that people saw emo as a feminine thing (So natuRALLy a DudE SHouldnT Be FeminINE) i thought maybe the teenage interest thing probably played a part

and def the teenage girl thing!

but thats a nice point to think about thank you
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me