Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > what do you think about greta thunberg?
Page 1 of 1
what do you think about greta thunberg?
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#1 Posted: 23:59:38 04/01/2020 | Topic Creator
what do you think about her. do you approve or ney. *serious question honestly

[User Posted Image]
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#2 Posted: 00:24:56 05/01/2020
climate change is bad and the rich are to blame
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#3 Posted: 00:18:55 06/01/2020
Yes, I approve of her
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4275
#4 Posted: 01:45:35 06/01/2020
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: William Blake
He who desires, but acts not, breeds pestilence.

- - -

Quote: Iceclaw™®
Gargle my dick and balls

- - -
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:46:48 06/01/2020 by Clank
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#5 Posted: 01:51:03 06/01/2020
"Now your time has come a storm of iron in the sky,
War and murder come again, lucky if you die.
No way to rescue destiny, scream and curse in vain,
You will never be remembered, no one knows your name.

When the music changes then all is broken down,
Mighty cities laid to ruin, burning to the ground.
Murder is become the law; you cannot make a stand,
Chaos rules the world, now mortal, brotherhood of man.

You cannot hide the truth from me I know what's in your heart,
Greed and jealousy each equal, all your days now dark.
Mighty mountains fall in dust the world falls into hell,
Faith in lying prophets, no one to lift the spell.

Monsters rule your world are you too scared to understand?
You shall be forever judged and you shall surely hang,
We live and scrape in misery; we die by our own hand,
And still we murder our own children, brotherhood of man.

Blood on all our hands we cannot hope to wash them clean,
History is mystery, do you know what it means?
Slaughter, kill and fighting still and murdered where we stand,
Our legacy is lunacy, brotherhood of man.

We are worse than animals, we hunger for the kill.
We put our faith in maniacs, the triumph of the will,
We kill for money, wealth and lust, for this we should be damned.
We are disease upon the world, brotherhood of man."

Motörhead - Brotherhood of Man (from The Wörld is Yours - 2010).
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#6 Posted: 02:05:14 06/01/2020
She is right in her choices and where she chooses to stand. Most of all who finish school and go to university because we're all told higher education means a better chance at work, then it turns out to be all for naught as it's not what you know but who you know. On top of that, it's hard imaging being able to go through a daily routine of work by 2050, regardless of said-work is, when the heat becomes an international crisis.

I hope to see the next few generations of children, like Greta, can see through all the bull**** I believed in when I was a child.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#7 Posted: 02:07:08 06/01/2020
Showed that being a woman and not "mature enough" makes a lot of old rich folk flip their ****

Not that this wasn't implied before, but what a display of responses. A lot of people complain that nothing is changing just because of her, but just displaying for all to see what politicians really think of the next generation that's going to be able to vote soon might help a tad. I hope.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#8 Posted: 21:00:04 06/01/2020
Generally speaking, I don't approve of her. Protecting the environment is a noble goal and I do believe in man-made climate change, but I simply don't believe in Greta Thunberg. As in, I just don't see any way for her whole rise to fame to not be completely manufactured. Likely for the profit of whatever foundation or other wealthy organization that backs her, if I were to guess.

She went from being a high school student holding a sign in front of the Swedish parliament building to holding a speech for the UN and posing in pictures with US politicians. Does anyone really think she was just invited there because she had garnered a social following? Or that she brought some new and important insight to all those world leaders personally? Or was she maybe there just to act as a face of a social movement in what could only be called a publicity stunt?

I feel like she can't be responsible for creating her own plans, and she can easily shrug off any criticism misguidedly aimed towards her because she's a young girl. Criticizing her publicly in any way makes you subject to immediate emotional backlash, and it shouldn't be that way in what should be a public debate.

TLsmilieR - No, I just don't buy it. I'm sure she actually cares about the environment, but there is no way she is doing all of this by herself, and whoever is helping her isn't doing it out of the kindness of their hearts. That's all.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#9 Posted: 12:44:22 07/01/2020
Quote: Drawdler
you all laughed at the planet ceres but i always knew they would win

real answer: out of the loop but from what i do know, agree with samius and i would like to agree with bifrost but i don't, it will be forgotten/ignored/misunderstood/etc. by the general public which means no pressure which means no change

Dunno, a politician promising bull**** to teenagers in my city caused them to kick him out of the office for literally anyone else, since they got dropped like a hot potato as soon as social issues became a subject. It got undone the next election year when boomers realized they couldn't just effortlessly have another 15+ years with the same party, but points for effort.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me