Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone!
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1344
#1 Posted: 01:19:50 12/11/2019 | Topic Creator
Hi everyone! I can’t believe it’s been almost two years since I’ve left the forums. Time really does fly by.

After leaving the franchise over a year ago, I’ve forgotten a lot about the franchise and why I really enjoyed it in the first place. About a few months back, I replayed imaginators on my channel “The KingdomWayFinder” and had lots of fun with it. While it’s still my least favourite, I definitely have a lot more respect for that game then I initially did.

I just recently remembered that I had an account on these forums and looking back gave me a lot of laughs. Was I really that much of a trouble maker back then?? Yikes! Sorry about that everyone! I know these forums haven’t been “super” active persay, but I was curious to see how everyone’s been doing and what you’ve all been up to! Going back to skylanders for the sake of memories is definitely a fun time. I’m even going to replay Trap Team soon.

Anyways, just wanted to stop by and say hi to you all!
ThunderEgg Blue Sparx Gems: 953
#2 Posted: 02:46:47 12/11/2019
hello! i dont think ive ever run into you, but its cool to see a new(ish) user
---
I AM ETERNAL!
HeyitsHotDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 5403
#3 Posted: 03:27:16 12/11/2019
I forget, were you the guy who didn't like Nintendo like, at all? Do you still feel that way?
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#4 Posted: 04:41:03 12/11/2019
Hey! Nice to see some people are still on the forum! I'm just dropping by too smilie
Drawdler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3035
#5 Posted: 06:42:41 12/11/2019
Nah I remember you, do you remember me?

T'was the same for Superchargers with me and now it's one of my favorites. I've been slowly replaying them all and right now my rank is like

#1 SA (actually alltime favorite game honestly)
#2 SC (clearly next for large cast, variety, speed of gameplay also p a t h s w i t c h i n g asdf. Now this game obviously have stupid flaws and significant baggage so it was never going to top SA, but now I really think it hits some of the highest highs, and I also appreciate it as imo the best of the games that used "modern" Alchemy/SF mechanics.)
#3 SG (redeemed by heroics quests etc. better feedback loop than the later games and theres less garbage in certain respects to this game)
#4 idk lol the rest are kinda whatever and all have clear garbage or clearly disposeable aspects. I don't really feel like thinking about which is the worst, I'm more of an optimist about Skylanders.
I've been underwhelmed by SF and TT and I don't care to play SI (I will play it, I'm just not really interested right now).
They all got their moments though. I don't think one of the main games was bad. But with all of these three, you have to be a lot pickier to find the really good content in them imo, where the others are clearly more enjoyable whole experiences, and (even with dips, especially in SG) more enjoyable the whole way through.

As an aside I also appreciate that in my top 3 there aren't gimmick lander gates, even with certain things pushing you to buy more toys. That adds to the feeling that whole cast is good in those games and makes it feel less interrupted etc., also all of those games added new unique things for individual toys (heroics/quests/path switching), though unlike SF with its awful quests they do not feel like a grind.

I'm replaying SF now. I actually got to TT and SC before it.
SF has a lot to do but I seriously question how much of it I care about. I left a post about that in the SF forum.

I left plenty of posts in the SA forum about why I love that one so dearly too... scoff...

On other sections of the forum BlueFox started a thread to look for concept dtuff, and I've been posting some discoveries there and in the T&M prototype thread of things I found looking in game files.

As far as you being a troublemaker honestly don't worry about it too much, around these parts it was kind of expected since the Skylanders fanbase had a lot of kids. Besides, there have been way worse users on this site (Skylanders fans or otherwise). I'm glad you felt you've grown tho.

Personal time eh life sucks for me at the moment
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 06:57:57 12/11/2019 by Drawdler
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6952
#6 Posted: 11:29:21 12/11/2019
Welcome back! Nice to see some returning users; most of us lurk around Off-Topic by now.
---
I do art!
You're so superficial
Dressed up all official
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#7 Posted: 01:52:39 26/11/2019
Miss the golden days of this forum smilie
Drawdler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3035
#8 Posted: 03:01:53 26/11/2019
I've made long posts about this- wish I had a good one handy- but I feel like this site's peak has passed; basically things are more boring due to less newbies (who bought way, way more excitement to the site, pulled things many users here just wouldn't and that you can't just replicate, also encouraged some amusing trolls), fewer and fewer fanworks getting posted here over the last decade / people being less interested in discussing those here, less inspired topics and less discussion directly on the forum in general, and the steady death of more specific forums and fansites on the web. There are also some other issues with the site but this isn't really the place to get on them.

I've had different accounts on this website since 2010 and lurked since 2009, and I can't help like I feel I registered just in time to witness the site's golden era. I sure did keep disappearing, and I don't know about the site before then, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt- but back in 2010 and even 2011 Spyro discussion and sharing Spyro fanworks and idea was still kind of golden (I don't know if it was at its peak, obviously, but it still eclipses any of the Spyro discussion this site has had since in both activity and fun levels, and the fanwork discussions and speculation and such of that time also put any newer ones to shame), while the Skylanders golden era probably lasted from Giants to Trap Team, with a silver era during the last two games and coasting a little bit after them, and the site truly declining midway through 2017.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 03:12:09 26/11/2019 by Drawdler
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me