Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Baptism by Lightning (legend of Orion. private)
First | Previous | Page 14 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 48 49 50
Baptism by Lightning (legend of Orion. private) [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#651 Posted: 02:23:36 05/11/2019
Angora continued sleeping, without even a hint of waking up any time soon. The childish voice continued torturing her, and she had it. How could it be her fault? What would Maverick say, do, or think in a situation like this?
"It's not your fault Angorita. No es tu culpa. They sent that attack, not you. They are the evil ones. And you saved many of those sailors from certain death by curing wounds that would otherwise have no hope." Maverick's gentle voice echoed, overlapping the child voice blaming her. He wasn't with Ilasi.
"No te preocupes. She understands." he said, as if reading her mind. He then lied down and welcomed Angora to rest alongside him, offering his arm as a pillow. Angora finally felt some peace, and back in the real world, her breathing was calmer, and she was smiling a bit. Even if it was in an unconventional way, Angora needed this rest, and could finally get it.

Back at the main deck, Maverick kept helping for a while, but then came the time where he was too exhausted to continue. Carrying Ilasi for such a long time tire him out greatly.
"Lo siento Ilasi. I need to catch my breath." he said as he sat in one of the nearby chairs, with a sailor telling him to rest assure. They were almost done picking up the wounded sailors, and the remaining job could be done quickly. Maverick's help was no longer necessary. They could take it from there. He invited Ilasi to sit with him, but remembered her responsibility.
"Perhaps a towel cal help?" he asked, believing that Ilasi's legs took longer to show up the more humidity there was, and while it wasn't raining, the environment felt rather humid.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#652 Posted: 01:58:31 06/11/2019
With Shade's power having been expended, he was, at the very least, not going to be prone to sudden outbursts. The restraint on the collar could remain relaxed for now. "We're done here. Let's go back to the ship," Latnok said. "You did good today."

Sere was soon back on the deck - most of the casualties having been sorted, with Ilasi working tirelessly to treat them despite her limited mobility. To his surprise, many of those he had assumed to be dead were hanging on, receiving treatment - a miraculous recovery.
"Ilasi," Sere called - and the mermaid scooted over as quickly as she could.
"Yes, Captain?"
"What kind of medicine do you have that's allowing you to bring people back from the brink of death?" Sere knew Ilasi was an apothecary, but had absolutely no reason to ever assume her medicines were as powerful as they appeared to be.
"Oh, that's all Angora's work," Ilasi answered Sere rather nonchalantly, much of her headspace being taken by all of the events that had happened recently. "She used some healing spirit or something."
"Healing spirit..." Sere thought for a moment. Where had he seen that before?
---
I'm just... a guy...
#653 Posted: 02:18:00 06/11/2019
While Angora still rested nearly endlessly, Maverick was taking a break on the main deck, having some of Alya's father's miraculous milk. He offered some to the sailors, but too many of them preferred something with a little bit of alcohol. The chameleon guy, as he was sometimes called, had some though, and admitted that it was tasty. He liked alcoholic beverage, but he was more accepting of variety than his comrades. When Maverick saw the captain, he immediately got up, not wanting Sere to confuse his moment of rest with him being lazy. He wiped out the milk mustache, and pretended he was just having a small drink before continue working. From his spot, he could see Ilasi and the old Guardian talking, though he wasn't close enough to listen to what they were saying. Nevertheless, he was certain that Angora's marvelous deed wasn't going to be unnoticed. Some of the sailors were already starting to talk about it. The troll that was so badmouthed before was now being the subject of much admiration. Maverick couldn't help but to smile at the positive influence Angora was finally having. Perhaps at last, everyone would see her the way he sees her and understand why he loves her so much.
---
darknessdawn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1476
#654 Posted: 03:32:44 06/11/2019
The mere sight of Latnok filled Mischief with a near uncontrollable rage. He was no different from the others. It was now that she had a nasty idea, a half feral grin spreading across her face. Briefly flexing her claws, she decided that if she'd be viewed as a monster anyway, why fight the image? She wouldn't hurt anyone obviously, but she was sick of being the outcast for her abilities. She adjusted her pack, resolving she'd be done with acting like a little lost puppy glomming onto anyone who said something nice. She'd stand on her own two feet. And to her enemies, she'd cultivate a monstrous image. If that ended up including Latnok, so be it. She'd leave, and fight all three groups herself. She reminded herself to wait for an actual reason to leave... But not to forgive Latnok without reason. He'd get his own. She wanted to be a hero when she was little. Now she craved the chance to act as karma itself. She shifted her stance, eyes in the shadow of her mane as she watched everyone. She only trusted a few, and now the Guardians were out of the question for her trust. Even Sere wasn't above suspicion to her.
---
Dark is not Evil, and Light is not Good.
Star the Zoroark at your disservice.
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8617
#655 Posted: 10:21:07 06/11/2019 | Topic Creator
“Thank you.” Shade said. He then followed Latnok back to the ship.
---
SC
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#656 Posted: 21:58:20 06/11/2019
Quote: Felines
Huntress nodded.
"Yes. Of course." she replied, trying not to sound rash. She was in quite a hurry, but she wanted to dissimulate it or else the man may refuse to help her. Dex had so much explaining to do. Once she encountered him, Huntress knew she had to resist the need to strange him for involving her in whatever war his people had against these assasins..

The man lead Hunteress and the Elf to a backroom, where the Dwarf from earlier was.
”She wanted to ask about Dex, so I thought it would be best to bring them here” the man said
The Dwarf saw Hunteress and said quickly ” Everybody out” Then turning to Hunteress ”You have a companion with you so it is Okey if I have one too?” He said and nodded to the man who lead them in to stay.
”So tell me what you want to know? And who is your friend” The Dwarf said with a friendly voice.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8593
#657 Posted: 22:20:43 06/11/2019
Quote:
Darkheart blushed more, her voice steadily getting smaller as she felt suddenly... Was she shy? "You know what they say... Opposites attract..."

"Then I suppose that it was meant to be my beloved Darkheart. An domesticated and a former feral together, now and forever.," Raclaw said continuing with the nuzzling. As Shade began to feel better and the Dragolet's brainwaves spiked-- the Fur Dragon would indeed feel it. 'Ah! Shade-- he's getting better!,' he thought to himself and provides providing a readable physical reaction. And suddenly.. "Look-- it's Latnok!," getting the couple's attention to Latnok's return and offering an additional confirmation to the dog-like Raclaw whom could understand and even natively respond to his barks.

Risar eyed Latnok and Shade upon their return and would offer his usual nod. "Latnok, Shade-- welcome back.," the minotaur greeted.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:21:49 06/11/2019 by redwes
#658 Posted: 02:58:17 07/11/2019
"It's good to be back," Latnok answered, glad to see that Risar and his faithful companion ere there waiting for him. He knew that, at the very least, he would have little time to rest. "Banewood brought us here for a reason. We need to figure out what we're doing."
"Indeed." Banewood appeared from behind one of the sail poles, somehow maintaining his stealth despite his figure. "I brought us here because this is a relatively isolated place, from which we can facilitate movement to places of value to the Ishulgites - though it would seem they were tipped off to our arrival here. But from here, we have the opportunity to move onto the next target. When Godfather Sere is ready, I will provide more information."
"Well, I'm ready whenever we need to get moving," Latnok said. He himself wasn't too bad for wear after the fight, and he could always meditate to help with the wounds he had sustained. Despite all this, he couldn't help but wonder why he was even bothering with these efforts, and if they really were for the best or were only being done to keep the status quo.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#659 Posted: 03:03:26 07/11/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade had went to his usual spot and layed down to rest his body.

Meanwhile Icestorm was captured. “Gah! Get off me!” He struggled. “You are crazy!”
---
SC
#660 Posted: 06:06:32 07/11/2019
Darkheart cuddled up to Raclaw. She leaned against him, affectionately intertwining her tail with his. She'd run out of words, so actions would have to do.
Mischief watched as Shade went to lay down. For a moment her gaze softened. Then she returned her attention to other crew members... An exceptional amount of suspicion was reserved for Latnok. She half expected him to attack her. Her stance shifted slightly, allowing her to easily grab her staff if need be.
---
#661 Posted: 16:44:36 07/11/2019
Maverick resisted the urge to give Shade a hug. He was injured, though he still looked very fine. At the cabin, Angora opened her eyes when the orb statched in the thick pocket pressed against her body, making her very uncomfortable. She groaned.
"Ooh, what horrible feeling..." she complained, rubbing her eyes. Her body still hurt quite a lot. She looked at the room and saw Mischief wasn't there. She was worried that she would get in trouble, and although she tried to get up, the pain was just too much. She had to keep sleeping. Too much of her energy was still depleted. Her body wasn't responding her. She closed her eyes again to rest, praying Mischief didn't get into any more trouble while she was there...

Quote:
The man lead Hunteress and the Elf to a backroom, where the Dwarf from earlier was.
”She wanted to ask about Dex, so I thought it would be best to bring them here” the man said
The Dwarf saw Hunteress and said quickly ” Everybody out” Then turning to Hunteress ”You have a companion with you so it is Okey if I have one too?” He said and nodded to the man who lead them in to stay.
”So tell me what you want to know? And who is your friend” The Dwarf said with a friendly voice.

"We're travellers." Huntress answered, not wanting to be too detailed about their identities. For what she knew, these seemingly friendly people could be working for Blue and are only acting this kind to lower their guards and ambush them. Huntress was ready to draw her weapon and had her reflexes ready.
"We're looking for someone named Dex." she repeated, once again being vague and going straight to the point.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:14:21 07/11/2019 by Felines
#662 Posted: 22:00:42 08/11/2019
Banewood wouldn't have to wait for long. Sere, being satisfied with the progress of the triage, was ready to move on, arriving in short order.
"We've managed to fend them off, for now," he said. "But those enemies - they've been shown to adapt themselves over time. There's no telling what they'll have for the next fight. We have to move."
Banewood gave a subtle nod. "With some sleuthing, I've been able to locate... a powerful source of magical power. It is either the Scepter of Storms or the Void Locator. I have a spell which will open a passageway for us to move on - with any luck, we can either capture or sabotage the relevant artifact, which should at least buy us enough time to return to the mainland before the Ishulgites can carry out the next phase of their plan. We likely have only a few days to do this."
Sere nodded. Rigel - if it was the Scepter, there would be a fight.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#663 Posted: 22:48:12 08/11/2019 | Topic Creator
"Those scum will die for what they did!" Zera said with a few fellow Dragolets roaring in agreement. "Is your magic powerful enough to move all of us?"
---
SC
#664 Posted: 22:59:18 08/11/2019
After taking the injured to the infirmary and giving a proper burial to the few that perished in the fight, the ship looked ready to be on the move again. Maverick took Ilasi to the infirmary and sat her in a chair so that she could calmly work on the medicine while Sand Dune, Random and Opium helped her and the wounded there. Busy days ahead of them, but it compensated the days they did almost nothing. Before resuming his normal duties, he went and visited Angora, who fell asleep again. She looked fine, except for a slightly different skin color, but her breathing, her appearance, was normal. She wasn't malnourished or anything, just severely fatigued. He gave her a kiss on the forehead before leaving, heading to the main deck but then taking a detour to Dahlia's pen. As always, she was very happy to see him.

After feeding her and playing with her for a while, Maverick returned to the main deck to resume his normal duties, something that most of the least injured sailors did too. He could hear ocasional talks about Angora. It wasn't the first time she was news around the ship, but her fame usually depleted fast and most of them returned to their indifferent ways with her, though hopefully this time, the admiration was permanent.
---
#665 Posted: 01:43:26 09/11/2019
Mischief vaguely acknowledged Maverick's presence, only letting him in without a question because it was him. Maverick, someone too pure of heart to hurt someone if he didn't have to. If he turned against her, she was certain she'd literally go insane. The Zoroark's thoughts turned to Angora. Anything was better than dwelling on her anger these past few minutes. She nearly had stopped Maverick to ask about Angora's condition, but figured he had important duties to do, and right now she'd rather avoid interrupting anything and aggravating the situation. Her fury at something was palpable even without emotion detection powers. But she tried to cover it as much as possible. Listening to the other sailors she occasionally heard mention of Angora. Praise of her. The vixen's ears twitched. Even Angora was better accepted than her. Mischief was little more than a dynamo of destructive magic, so she understood why. Angora, from the sounds of it, was a magical miracle worker. Mischief felt something new now. Jealousy, or perhaps envy. Perhaps she really was meant to be a monster and nothing more. She lowered her head, avoiding eye contact. She didn't want anyone to see how emotionally fragile she was right now. Latnok already wanted an excuse to kick her off the ship. She needed a little longer to learn. But when she'd learned everything she could she'd have to leave. She couldn't be near the Ardent Guardians any longer than she had to, not after realizing what they saw her as. She rubbed her eyes with one paw and stared at the floor.
---
#666 Posted: 00:11:35 10/11/2019
Quote:
"It's good to be back," Latnok answered, glad to see that Risar and his faithful companion ere there waiting for him. He knew that, at the very least, he would have little time to rest. [...] "Well, I'm ready whenever we need to get moving," Latnok said. He himself wasn't too bad for wear after the fight, and he could always meditate to help with the wounds he had sustained. Despite all this, he couldn't help but wonder why he was even bothering with these efforts, and if they really were for the best or were only being done to keep the status quo.
Quote:
Darkheart cuddled up to Raclaw. She leaned against him, affectionately intertwining her tail with his. She'd run out of words, so actions would have to do.
Mischief watched as Shade went to lay down. For a moment her gaze softened. Then she returned her attention to other crew members... An exceptional amount of suspicion was reserved for Latnok. She half expected him to attack her. Her stance shifted slightly, allowing her to easily grab her staff if need be.

"Risar and the crew are ready, as always.," the minotaur confirmed with any surrounding crew members offering small encouraging responses. Raclaw, for his part, offered a reassuring nod although a certain dragoness' eager tail would make it hard to focus. He was sure that Darkheart would be ready as well, having now seen his mate in action-- combat action that is. Chester watched the others for the time being; the little dog would soon move within petting range of Latnok. The little Beagle glanced at Mischief both with concern and curiosity. He hoped that the now grown pup would now at least be less interested in Raclaw's powerful and beloved collar. He knew that his Fur Dragon 'sibling' wouldn't dare let anything ever happen to it...
---
#667 Posted: 00:32:05 10/11/2019
"That would be a negative," Banewood answered Zera. "I can 'borrow' their transportation network - but it can only reasonably carry creatures as big as a few of their soldiers. You would be muchb too big - we need people like us. I can probably get us past some of the more guarded areas - we cannot bring too many with us, however."
Sere nodded - this was where his best fighters would shine. "We have the force right here." I trust we'll be prepared for whatever may come our way." Latnok was expecting as much - he would leave the decision of whether Raclaw should come to himself.
Banewood gave a short grunt. "A monstrous minotaur. Two of the Ardent Guardians, undeniably effective fighters and mages. And... Raclaw. He has only begun to realize his true potential... which I have no doubt-"
The conversation was interrupted by Leoquin's sudden arrival, the merman having overheard something about moving out. Though he remained silent, the others looked at him expectantly.
"Leoquin. What do you need?" Sere asked.
"Captain - let me come along, please. I'm more than ready - you've seen I can hold my own."
"Leoquin. You are one of my navigators. Why would I risk losing you doing this?" Sere knew Leoquin was always up for proving himself worth his spot, but this wasn't very necessary for him."
"Captain... How do I put this? You're going yourself, and you're risking the next two in charge! What would we do without you?"
"You won't be without us - because we are going to come back. There is no doubt."
"And I intend to, as well!" Leoquin responded, instinctively reaching for a spear on his back but leaving it. "There is... someone I know who may have been caught up in this mess. I can't just leave them like that... and besides, if you need anything involving water, I'm your man!" Leoquin finally put the pressing motive out - he waited with bated breath to see how it would be taken.
Sere had to think only for a moment before making his decision. "Very well. You're coming with us - and you better come back with us, too." Sere had many wonders about this person Leoquin was talking about - but, at the very least, Sere could keep an eye on him this way.

"Thank you for all of your help, Maverick," Ilasi said to her boyfriend, giving him a hug for just a little bit longer than usual before letting go. She would be shifting back soon - she coule feel it. And among the sorrow of losing some companions, there was yet a hint of satisfaction for her. She couldn't qjite remember when, but she realized that she didn't only feel useful - she felt valued. People greatly appreciated the work she did; but in addition to that, there was a man who loved her. Ilasi, the person. Though they had been together for some time by now, the thought never lost its novelty. She had a purpose - and she had a future with someone who had shown, time and time again, to care dearly for her.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#668 Posted: 01:11:09 10/11/2019 | Topic Creator
“If you all are going then. We will protect the area and ship from attack.” Zera said.

“ These little insects will be squashed beneath Our feet!” Shatterstar said.

“Captain what should I do? I know I cannot come but I want to help in anyway I can.” Shade said.
---
SC
#669 Posted: 01:30:33 10/11/2019
After sleeping for a while longer, this time without any of her unpleasant dreams or the torturing child voice, Angora woke up, feeling just slightly better than before. She still however, felt extremely tired.
"Oh man, you should've warned me about this Neo." Angora said, knowing that while healing magic always took a toll on her, for some reason, it got way worse the side effects. She hadn't used it that often before, so perhaps that was it. Despite knowing she helped a great deal, Angora felt embarrased for collapsing in the middle of healing, and was even afraid Sere would scold her for falling asleep like that, not to mention giving Latnok more leverage to treat her badly.

Quote: A Guy
"Thank you for all of your help, Maverick," Ilasi said to her boyfriend, giving him a hug for just a little bit longer than usual before letting go. She would be shifting back soon - she coule feel it. And among the sorrow of losing some companions, there was yet a hint of satisfaction for her. She couldn't qjite remember when, but she realized that she didn't only feel useful - she felt valued. People greatly appreciated the work she did; but in addition to that, there was a man who loved her. Ilasi, the person. Though they had been together for some time by now, the thought never lost its novelty. She had a purpose - and she had a future with someone who had shown, time and time again, to care dearly for her.

Maverick hugged her back, feeling very similar. He wished there wouldn't have been any fatalities, but thanks to her and Angora, they have been far less than last time.
"De nada mi Ilasi, but I didn't do much. You and Angorita, you were the true champions of the battle. Healing the wounded, giving them strength. You two deserve the biggest awards. I can't offer much beyond what's in my bag... but how about a cake? I... haven't ever done one before, but I can learn. I already know what Angorita likes, but you'll have to tell me what you would like in yours." he offered, feeling like he should give both a reward of some kind for their excellent job. Maverick was a great cook, but knew little to nothing about desserts. But if there was a time to learn, it might as well be now.
---
#670 Posted: 02:29:19 10/11/2019
The talk of food made Ilasi realize that she hadn't eaten for a long time today. Despite the environment, she couldn't help but to salivate at the thought of more of Maverick's cooking. "Oh, I don't know... why don't you surprise me?" Ilasi proposed coyly, with a slight smile making its way to her face. "The most important ingredient is your care, after all. Although, something with fruit wouldn't be too bad..." Something with som sugar would, at least, give her some quick energy to help recover from how tiring helping everyone had been.

Sere gave Shade a look of disapproval. "You will be staying here with Laszur," he declared. "Laszur will monitor the range limiting functions of your collar to keep them suitable for any contingencies. You are still very much restricted until Aelinon deems it otherwise."
Banewood gave an indifferent shrug, the wood composing much of his body creaking from the motion. "Two draconic creatures... two similar collar designs, yet very different. Just as I had thought it would be..."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#671 Posted: 05:18:44 10/11/2019
Angora tried to got up, feeling lazy instead of tired. She knew it was the latter, but she wanted to demand more of herself. Latnok was a lost cause, but Sere was starting to see her in a different light, or at least she hoped so. That's the impression he was giving anyway. She didn't want to damage the growing image by being in bed too much. She managed to get up, though she was almost dragging herself to walk. Her breathing, body temperature, everything was normal, but she still felt very tired. She believed it was likely the blood, or perhaps the magical energy, or mana as Mischief would call it. As she struggled to walk, she wondered what she should do next. Perhaps she should help Ilasi in the infirmary. After all, the super friendly Sand Dune, Random and Opium would be there.

Oh, but she couldn't use any more healing magic, and she knew almost nothing about medicine, so chances were she was simply going to get in the way. She could be a carrier or something, but she didn't feel the strength to carry anything. It was then that she decided to do what she did best in that ship; taking care of Veris. He ate quite a lot earlier, so it was likely he wasn't hungry, though knowing him, he would eat again if given the opportunity. She wouldn't be too long with him though. She was just going to change his water and clean his pen if she could, and then rest again. She felt lousy for doing so, but after doing that, she felt like she still needed more rest. But first, she didn't want to leave anything pending. As she headed to the pen, she looked around to see if she could spot Mischief, but she was seemingly nowhere to be seen. She was big now, and hopefully more mature, and Angora was too tired to go look for her, so she continued being on her way to the pen, to someone much easier to find...

The talk of food made Ilasi realize that she hadn't eaten for a long time today. Despite the environment, she couldn't help but to salivate at the thought of more of Maverick's cooking. "Oh, I don't know... why don't you surprise me?" Ilasi proposed coyly, with a slight smile making its way to her face. "The most important ingredient is your care, after all. Although, something with fruit wouldn't be too bad..." Something with som sugar would, at least, give her some quick energy to help recover from how tiring helping everyone had been.

Maverick could only smirk at Ilasi's vague, yet cute response. At least he knew fruits were an option. Perhaps Angora would care for some too. Trolls were omnivores, but they preferred mostly meat, though with Angora, she balanced well the kinds of meals she had. So giving his girlfriend a quick kiss on the lips, he left towards the kitchen, glancing at some of the dragolets on deck. He still wasn't used to seeing so many Shades with there with them. They probably knew already his friend's predicament with Aelinon, and he could only hope that, just like they helped defending them from those ugly fiends that attacked them, they could help poor Oscurito with his own predicament.

Heading to the kitchen, Maverick gave a brief glance to Mischief, who always looked alerted yet barely paying attention to anybody. He still didn't like it very much leaving the weak Angora with the more feral looking creature, but she demonstrated that she cared for the little troll very much, so he tried not to be such a worrywart.
---
#672 Posted: 19:22:03 10/11/2019
Darkheart raised her head and grinned in her usual unnervingly feral fashion, although the intent was clearly sincere. Shuffling from one foot to the other, she seemed visibly anxious as she leaned slightly on Raclaw.
Mischief's ears twitched as she remained on high alert. She vaguely acknowledged Maverick passing by again. Her emotional turmoil rapidly grew worse, her intense rage and hate being almost foreign to her. Most of her life they were overruled by fear. Now she had much more vicious emotions. Some considered hatred the most dangerous emotion, and Mischief couldn't argue that point. But now she felt it any time Latnok was in sight. She wasn't sure she could feel any different towards Sere, but remained willfully unaware of any crewmate not endangering her "packmates". Retrieving Digi from her bag, she irritably tapped him until he was active.
Digi was uncomfortable with this. "Hey, wait! Please! Stop taking whatever's bugging you out on me!"
Mischief's voice showed no emotion. "Digi. Aside from a human guise, what disguises would you recommend I try?"
Digi gave a familiar electronic sigh. "Well. There are plenty of Pokemon resembling more mundane creatures. Some of which have very useful abilities if you could only transform into them."
Mischief suddenly displayed a terrifyingly feral grin, which was clearly out of character. "I happen to have polymorph spells at my disposal Digi. Now, the list."
Digi whirred and pulled up a list of visually mundane Pokemon. "By the way, if you can actually transform, here are a few utility options." He added some extras.
Mischief nodded. "Good selection... Alas, a polymorph generally only lasts hours at best. Still, these improve the possibilities..." She thought it over. The flight capable forms were valuable, although she couldn't actually maintain such spells for long due to the requirement of concentration much like her Illusion. Taking a blow likely meant losing the spell, but it made travelling and such easier. She took some time to memorize the information on each species.
---
#673 Posted: 22:32:01 10/11/2019
Veris was lazing about in his pen, recovering from the injuries he received courtesy of a paste made by Sere from parts of the Tree of Vitality. He wasn't in any pain, however, and he felt rather satisfied at the moment.
Hearing the door budge, he immediately came to attention. Though he wasn't particularly hungry, he wasn't going to turn down any food if it was offered to him.
As the door opened, Verica gave Angora an elated look, though he wasn't salivating in the usual manner. He was curious what Angora had planned for him right now.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#674 Posted: 23:14:45 10/11/2019
Angora entered the pen, trying to force a smile for his sake, though she couldn't help showing some of her tirelessness.
"Hey you big lug. I saw the feast you got up there. Keep guzzling like that and you won't be able to get airborne." Angora joked, seeing his bloated belly. She doubted there was even room for a simple steak there.
"Anyway, just here to change your water. I'm rather tired and I need some sleep. I'll give you a snack tonight if I wake up. But your next meal will have to be tomorrow. We can't let you lose your figure now, can we?" she commented, throwing away the old water, cleaning the container and adding the clean liquid. She wanted to sleep in the comfort of the cabin, but if Veris wanted the company, she was willing to sleep there. The expanded stomach would clearly be a comfortable enough pillow.

At the kitchen, Maverick started to make the cake using an old cookbook he had, back in the day where he was a pirate. He learned most of his recipes from there, adding a few of his touches, but for some reason it never occurred to him to try desserts. They just looked far more complex. But he gave himself the challenge and started following the instructions as best as he could, not daring to add the special touches he added to his meals in case he ruined it. It was going to be quite a task, but his girls deserved it.
---
#675 Posted: 00:57:36 11/11/2019
Quote:
Sere gave Shade a look of disapproval. "You will be staying here with Laszur," he declared. "Laszur will monitor the range limiting functions of your collar to keep them suitable for any contingencies. You are still very much restricted until Aelinon deems it otherwise."
Banewood gave an indifferent shrug, the wood composing much of his body creaking from the motion. "Two draconic creatures... two similar collar designs, yet very different. Just as I had thought it would be..."
Quote:
Darkheart raised her head and grinned in her usual unnervingly feral fashion, although the intent was clearly sincere. Shuffling from one foot to the other, she seemed visibly anxious as she leaned slightly on Raclaw.

Raclaw wasn't surprised at Sere's response -- Shade was a prisoner not a guest. And indeed; he and Shade were very much different under very different circumstances. Their collars, despite the same underlying foundation, were intended for two very different purposes. Shade's collar had been intended to be used on prisoners and other dangerous dragons -whereas- his collar had designed and intended to be used to facilitate the coexistence of humans and dragons. In simpler terms, he was a pet although that was not the entire story as Latnok would happily argue any day of the week. He knew this well.

"Our collars--.," Raclaw began to speak up offering his usual 'domesticated' smile to Darkheart and the others. "Our collars are similar, but different. Although they may appear to be the same collar on the outside-- their intent and their inner workings differentiate so as to place them apart. The long and short of it is that Shade is a prisoner whereas I am something much more. His collar carries with it various restrictions and harsher commands while my own collar carries no such restrictions and different commands. My collar is designed to help me and to aide me, such as allowing me to form a special bond or connection with a human of my own choosing. Shade and I... our statuses are not to be confused. I chose to wear this collar and will continue to do so for as long as I see fit.," he then said offering a smile to the nearby Latnok and Chester. He knew that such a statement would pose more questions to the ever curious Darkheart, but such an explanation seemed fitting so as to break any illusions that he was a dragon 'held' against his will.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:12:21 11/11/2019 by redwes
#676 Posted: 01:29:53 11/11/2019
Veris gave a short grunt before laying down invitingly on his side, his belly exposed to Angora. He could manage without food for now - even if it would be nice to have some more. Perhaps he would have some more water a bit later, but for now, he was content to just laze about and recover.

Banewood brought his more humanoid hand to the chin of his wooden mask. "Naturally. You have proven yourself to be an ally of humanity; the collar merely offered direction to facilitate your development. Others, however - their control is necessary in order to keep people safe. To that end... one
base tool can reasonably be adapted to serve either purpose, and it seems to do so effectively."
Banewood's empty gaze turned to the rest of the group. "Are we ready to move out?"
Sere, Latnok, and Leoquin nodded. Banewood waited on the others.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#677 Posted: 01:33:47 11/11/2019
Raclaw and Risar offered a nod, while Chester already knew that he would be staying behind. Raclaw hoped that Darkheart would be willing to join as well.
---
#678 Posted: 01:34:09 11/11/2019
Darkheart glanced at Shade, feeling... Was pity the word? Possibly. Oddly, the Dragolet seemed almost simplemindedly content with a situation that would leave a typical, proud, wild dragon very unhappy. Did he not realize the situation? Or was he really so pure of intent he didn't mind? Then she glanced at Raclaw. Finally she noted "You're lucky it doesn't chafe your fur off. Collars can be... Uncomfortable. I doubt I'd ever be truly comfortable with anything even suggesting restriction. A holdover from my time in the wild, I suppose."
Mischief turned her attention to her claws. She admired the size and sharpness. Like crimson daggers, she noted poetically. She mentally recited various spells, waiting for any reason to act. Digi became frustrated. "What, you think I'm just a tool or something? Come on, I'm programmed as a companion AI!"
Mischief glared at him. "I may have to leave startlingly soon. I'm already uncomfortable here. The Ardent Guardians don't want me, and the others won't trust me by default. I see no reason to fight a losing battle against my reputation. I just know I'll squash the Ishulgites like insects. With or without the Ardent Guardians. So tell me... Why get attached?"
Digi whirred nervously. "Because having friends improves the odds of victory?"
Mischief giggled at the machine. "At least you gave an answer. And I suppose that's true... If you can make friends. Without trust, there can't be a true friendship." She gazed out towards the side of the ship. "I guarantee four creatures would miss me if I left, one of which is you. Maverick, Angora, and Shade are the others. I can't guarantee if Ilasi would or wouldn't mind. And Latnok seems like he'd be happier if I left.
---
#679 Posted: 02:45:12 11/11/2019
Maverick continued making the cake, following the instruction but feeling like he was doing an awful mess. The process was clearly too different from the final results. Or perhaps he was doing something wrong? He would have to improvise I'd that turned out to be the case...

Veris gave a short grunt before laying down invitingly on his side, his belly exposed to Angora. He could manage without food for now - even if it would be nice to have some more. Perhaps he would have some more water a bit later, but for now, he was content to just laze about and recover.

Angora knew Veris enough to know when he was welcoming her company, so she followed the cue.
"Alright big guy, whatever you say.' she said as she approached him, finally noticing his wounds.
"Oh, look at you. Those stupid bugs hurt you too?" Angora said furiously, feeling more guilty than ever. She wished she could use her healing magic, but with exhaustion, she was afraid it could be too dangerous. She imagined Veris has had worse wounds than these given his status as a warrior's mount. So she was going to let them wound naturally, or until she was rested enough to use her powers again. She hugged Veris, and in less than ten seconds later, she was asleep yet again. The exhaustion was quite overwhelming, and just changing Veris' water has been an entire oddysey. Before falling into a deep sleep, she felt the orb pressed against her skin, still in the secret pocket. She had almost forgotten about it, but was too tired to dispose of it, so she kept it there, to avoid the glow and the voice from bothering her.
---
#680 Posted: 11:36:58 11/11/2019
Banewood gave a quick nod. "Follow me, then," he said,.as he began leading the way off the gangplank.
The island itself was fairly quiet, despite all of the recent fighting. It was overgrown in vegetation, with the paths being roughly cut with a machete or similar tool, in place of proper roads. The group would not have to go far, fortunately.
After reaching a clearing, Banewood took out a piece of wood engraved with runes of some sort. Dropping low, he forcefully plunged the piece into the looser ground, then backed off as he motioned for the others to do the same. After a minute, nothing seemed to happen.
"So what's the deal with-"
Banewood silenced Leoquin with a quick hand gesture, and soon, rumbling could be heard and felt beneath the ground. In a violent surge, a root broke open the ground - the same way they did when transporting the Ishulgites or their creatures.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#681 Posted: 15:09:19 11/11/2019
While Angora slept once again, Maverick continued his work in the kitchen, the final results not what he was expecting. He tasted both cakes, and while they weren't bad, he thought he might've overdone it with the sugar. They were both made of fruits, Ilasi's made of oranges and peaches while Angora's had grapes and strawberries. They were quite pretty in appearance, although the taste could improve. Even so, not bad for the first try.

With the cakes ready, Maverick proceeded to take Angora's cake first, since she was nearer. But she wasn't there. Perhaps Mischief knew where she was? He was still worried about leaving Angora alone with the drastically changed Mischief so close, but there was nothing to suggest she has hurt her, so he headed to the kitchen again and hid the cake, leaving a note saying it was Angora's just in case anyone found it. He hoped that would be enough.

With the matter settled, Maverick headed to the main deck, already breathing hardly from all the walking he had to do, combined with carrying Ilasi everywhere earlier. He hoped that her legs had finally started showing, since he knew how hard it was for her to move around like that. Plus he wanted her to be comfortable for when he gave her the cake...
---
#682 Posted: 22:16:11 11/11/2019
Sensing the shapeshift to bipedal form, Ilasi laid back in the seat Maverick left her in, and relaxed. Soon, she would feel the familiar feeling of her tail tingling, as it began to change color to match the rest of her skin. Bone shifted, and the tail form gave way to two legs.
Ilasi took a few breaths. Back to bipedal form, she would be able to do more for the moment, without being dependent on Maverick for quicker locomotion.
Thinking of Maverick reminded Ilasi of the food he was preparing for her. Knowing him, it was definitely going to be something to look forward to. Ilasi swallowed as her mouth watered.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#683 Posted: 22:55:20 11/11/2019
Maverick approached her meekly, but then very happy to see her with legs again. That would clearly make things easier for her.
"Hey Ilasi. It's not... perfectly delicious, but I tried my best. Couldn't find Angorita anywhere, so hers will have to wait..." Maverick said, not going into detail, but with a tone of clear concern. He figured Angora was with Veris, but he would have to find out sooner or later.

And just like he suspected, Angora was with Veris, sleeping, and without any hints of waking up. She had said about bringing a snack to Veris later tonight, but with her state, it looked like she wasn't going to wake up until morning...
---
#684 Posted: 23:19:43 11/11/2019
Quote:
Banewood gave a quick nod. "Follow me, then," he said,.as he began leading the way off the gangplank.
The island itself was fairly quiet, despite all of the recent fighting. It was overgrown in vegetation, with the paths being roughly cut with a machete or similar tool, in place of proper roads. The group would not have to go far, fortunately.
After reaching a clearing, Banewood took out a piece of wood engraved with runes of some sort. Dropping low, he forcefully plunged the piece into the looser ground, then backed off as he motioned for the others to do the same. After a minute, nothing seemed to happen.
"So what's the deal with-"
Banewood silenced Leoquin with a quick hand gesture, and soon, rumbling could be heard and felt beneath the ground. In a violent surge, a root broke open the ground - the same way they did when transporting the Ishulgites or their creatures.

"Woah...," Raclaw thought out loud once recalling how he had once followed the 'scent' of a mysterious figure to the dead end of a tree bark. "Wait-- this is how the Ishulgites travel. This.. this is amazing.," he then said in awe looking at the staff and into the newly 'formed' tunnel system. "Impressive indeed-- Risar agrees.," Risar noted with his usual nod. Meanwhile on deck, Chester would find a spot on the deck to lay down while he waited for the others to return.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:20:38 11/11/2019 by redwes
#685 Posted: 01:45:45 12/11/2019 | Topic Creator
Meanwhile Crystal was recovering in the ship. She didn’t have the treatment like Shade so she would have longer to heal.
---
SC
#686 Posted: 01:46:30 12/11/2019
Darkheart merely grumbled and stayed with Raclaw. "These root tunnels are so... Weird. I entered one that one time... Not exactly eager to use one again... I'll just stay next to you, sweetheart."
Mischief's eyes scanned the ship, no longer simply friendly or curious. A certain viciousness was present, a blatant anger. One that even now required some focus to control. Nevertheless, she held her temper back.
---
#687 Posted: 03:47:52 12/11/2019
"Please... follow me," Banewood said, as the root opened wide enough to allow travel for all present. Latnok and Sere both readily stepped into the root, with Banewood following and inviting the others in. The root would close and begin its peristaltic motions as soon as everyone was safely inside.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#688 Posted: 10:51:28 12/11/2019
Raclaw looked to Darkheart with a reassuring nod before following-- allowing his mate to use his as support as needed. Risar followed soon after Latnok and the love birds. "Seems stable enough.," the Minotaur said trusting Banewood and new method of transportation.

Meanwhile on deck, Chester watched the new even more feral Mischief with curiosity and slight concern. The little Beagle took a mental note that part of the reason Mischief initially appeared more 'civilized' was the fact that she originally wore clothes whereas she now did not.. at least for the time being.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:53:34 12/11/2019 by redwes
#689 Posted: 11:58:32 12/11/2019
Darkheart walked at her beloved's side, long legs moving in short strides as she adjusted her pace to match his. Her eyes gleamed as she glanced back and forth. Her tail twitched slightly.
Mischief unceremoniously returned Digi to her bag. Sitting down in canid fashion, she presses her claws into the deck, gripping it. Her mind whirs. She had a lot of decisions she had to make soon. The only thing keeping her here was her contract with Sere, and her newfound distrust in the Ardent Guardians left her uncertain Sere would honor a contract with what the Guardians apparently viewed as a monster. Her attention turns away from the ship and up to the clouds. Simple things, really. Just happily drifting along through the sky, not a care in the world. She remembered her childhood at the Black Mage Academy. The other students respected her skills, but her self esteem always stayed in the negatives. She never had much faith in herself. Now she knew she was strong, could quite literally feel it. But it came with being considered a horrible monster by others, apparently. What a price to pay... Oh well. If she was going to be feared despite her best efforts, she might as well turn it to her advantage.
---
#690 Posted: 13:14:13 12/11/2019
With the last of the passengers in, the root closed up, and began its peristaltic motions. A faint energizing effect could be felt from the walls, with a faint glow providing visibility in the relatively crowded space.
"My magic will conceal our motions - for a time," Banewood said. "The masterminds are sharp - we must be prepared for any potential interruptions. The artifact is likely behind walls too thick to tunnel through, so we will have to proceed on foot through the chambers once we get a chance. It may be a tight squeeze for the larger dragon - the tunnels were specifically designed to lower the potential of the more dangerous experimental creatures to escape."
Mentioning the larger dragon, Banewood gave a look at Darkheart, then at Raclaw, then bac at Darkheart, before shaking his head and looking away.

Ilasi eagerly accepted the cake, setting it down and cutting off a piece with the silverware provided. Having a bite, she analyzed the taste for a few moments, slowing down her chewing - before eating regularly again and swallowing the piece of cake. A little on the sweet side, but still a wonderful dessert - especially with Maverick's typical love and care.
"Thank you so much, Maverick," Ilasi said gratefully. "I wish my own... Oh, nevermind. I really appreciate the cake and the care you put into it." Though Ilasi was going to mention her parents, she didn't want to remind Maverick of his even more awful experience with his own.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#691 Posted: 13:42:47 12/11/2019
Maverick scratched the back of his head, feeling embarrased. He wondered if Ilasi was complimenting him to avoid making him feel bad.
"It would've been better if I knew more about desserts. Good thing I had this old cookbook." Maverick said, showing her the cookbook he used to make the cake. It was so old some of the corners were torn off, but at least the words were intact. Maverick watched as Ilasi ate, paying some attention to her face to see if she was really enjoying the cake or was just pretending for his sake... but at the back of his head, he was worried about Angora. With how tired she was, he didn't think she got up on her own. Or perhaps she did? She was strong after all, but Maverick couldn't help being such a worrywart. He would look for her later...
---
#692 Posted: 14:01:50 12/11/2019
Darkheart waved a claw. "I'm fine in tight spaces, like a snake. I'm more long than wide, if you missed that." She gestured to her lithe frame. Well, lithe was the polite way to describe the extremely slim dragoness.
Mischief finally rose to her feet and began moving. She wandered to the kitchen. Evolution hadn't dampened her appetite any, and she was hungry again. Grabbing an orange, she sliced it with her claws and devoured it, before irritably cleaning the juice from her paws and muzzle. Then she continued, a bit more carefully to avoid making a mess of herself. She was never able to deal well with messy fur.
---
#693 Posted: 22:25:13 12/11/2019

"We're travellers." Huntress answered, not wanting to be too detailed about their identities. For what she knew, these seemingly friendly people could be working for Blue and are only acting this kind to lower their guards and ambush them. Huntress was ready to draw her weapon and had her reflexes ready.
"We're looking for someone named Dex." she repeated, once again being vague and going straight to the point.

The Dwarf sighed ”Still no trust at all i see. I would like to know Why are you looking for him, but before that I would like you to answer this. Did it seem bit weird How we where so close to you that we could help in a quick assassination attempt? Who could have told us to do that. Who did warn you that something was happening and you might also get targeted?” The Dwarf said clearly wanting Hunteress to believe that they where not her enemys
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#694 Posted: 23:08:38 12/11/2019
Ilasi continued to eat in peace, paying little attention initially - however, she couldn't help but notice that Maverick seemed rather interested in her. More interested than usual, anyway. "Is anything wrong, dear?" she asked politely, as she set down the silverware.

The root continued to push the party along. As the group stood in the confined space, Banewood silently observed under the cover of his mask. He looked with special interest at Raclaw - and his presumed mate.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#695 Posted: 23:31:33 12/11/2019
Quote: cyndego

The Dwarf sighed ”Still no trust at all i see. I would like to know Why are you looking for him, but before that I would like you to answer this. Did it seem bit weird How we where so close to you that we could help in a quick assassination attempt? Who could have told us to do that. Who did warn you that something was happening and you might also get targeted?” The Dwarf said clearly wanting Hunteress to believe that they where not her enemys

Huntress still had much pride, and wasn't ready to admit her life was saved.
"Heh. Those assasins ambushed me, right under the noses of Aelinonian soldiers. They would've injured me at best." she said sassily, before getting to the point.
"Even so, if it wasn't for that Dex character and involving me with... whatever mess you're all involve with, I wouldn't have to stand all of this!" Huntress accused angrily, being more direct in her words and wanting no doubts about how she blamed Dex for becoming a target.

Ilasi continued to eat in peace, paying little attention initially - however, she couldn't help but notice that Maverick seemed rather interested in her. More interested than usual, anyway. "Is anything wrong, dear?" she asked politely, as she set down the silverware.

Maverick was still so distracted that he almost didn't listen to Ilasi.
"Hmm? Oh, it's nothing... well..." he said, deciding not to keep anything from his girlfriend.
'Well, it's Angorita. She was not in the cabin, nor the kitchen, and she isn't here either. You think she's with Veris? Cause if that's the case, she is truly a champion. So exhausted from using her healing magic, yet she still gets up to pay attention to him. She really takes her responsibility seriously... or maybe she just loves that wyvern so much." Maverick assumed, not knowing where else she could be but the big mount's enclosure. He was initially worried about Veris hurting her, but after that little bonding time with him a few days ago, he was convinced that he was just a big softie despite his overwhelming gluttony.
---
#696 Posted: 01:26:16 13/11/2019
With Maverick's mention of Angora, Ilasi was completely unaware of his persistent concern of her enjoyment of his cooking. "I'm not quite sure how the Ardent Guardians raise their wyverns... but from what I know, Aelinon generally raises its wyverns to be gentle to those who frequently see them, even if they are wary or aggressive to everyone else," she said, as she worked to assuage Maverick's fears.
"Veris is no doubt familiar with Angora by now, so I wouldn't be too worried about her. Besides, he certainly wouldn't eat someone who brings him so much food, would he?" Ilasi finished with a short chuckle, hoping to see Maverick lighten up a bit.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#697 Posted: 02:13:07 13/11/2019
Maverick smiled with a mixure of fun and nervousness.
"Well, that is true. If he... well, did that, he would have to resort to the capitán again, and he's very busy often. Besides, if he wanted to hurt her, he would've done so already. Angorita is clearly doing her job right. He looks very healthy, and he clearly likes her." Maverick said relieved, knowing that Veris has had many chances to devour her, yet he has never done so despite his constant appetite. And of course, why eat someone that takes upmost care of you? Maverick was even started to wonder if Angora was some sort of dragon whisperer if she managed to befriend dangerous dragons like Shade and Veris. He was so focused on the new subject of the conversation that he even forgot about being concerned about Ilasi liking his first time cake.

At the pen, Angora remained asleep, having no nightmares, although she still had some inner thoughts. How could the Ishulgites be stopped? What will happen to Shade when he returned to Aelinon if they survived this powerful society's assault? And will she be persecuted and use her like Banewood have claimed? The future looked extremely uncertain, to the point she doubted the best clairvoyant could tell what will happen next. Despite having a dreamless sleep, Angora still felt restless. She hugged Veris' belly whenever she felt uneasy.
---
#698 Posted: 20:41:37 13/11/2019
Quote: cyndego

Huntress still had much pride, and wasn't ready to admit her life was saved.
"Heh. Those assasins ambushed me, right under the noses of Aelinonian soldiers. They would've injured me at best." she said sassily, before getting to the point.
"Even so, if it wasn't for that Dex character and involving me with... whatever mess you're all involve with, I wouldn't have to stand all of this!" Huntress accused angrily, being more direct in her words and wanting no doubts about how she blamed Dex for becoming a target.

”Well that might be true. But he could not have known it back then, this war started long after you did any bussiness with him. And if I understood right, you where after Blue yourself, so that pretty much is How you get somebody after you. But it seems like i can not give you the answers you want, so I will tell you. There is away to see Dex, but that would need you to trust us much more then you seem to want. So How badly you want to see him is the question?” The Dwarf said and nodded to the man with him and he left. ” He is going to ask if it is Okey to let you come. But first I will need your answer” The Dwarf continued
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#699 Posted: 03:26:58 14/11/2019
Huntress felt like she was being backed into a corner. She wanted information, but it looked like she was going to be forced to trust these people if she ever hoped for progress. She didn't like the fact that they knew she tried to track Blue once, and as much as it pained her, it would make sense that such action made her a bigger target.
"I really, REALLY need to see him. As you know by now, this is a matter of life and death." she reaffirmed, wondering why so many questions. Her life had been threatened. Wasn't that urgent enough? Her life was fantastic until that idiot Dex showed up in her life...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:50:42 14/11/2019 by Felines
#700 Posted: 00:30:33 16/11/2019
Mischief finally decided to once again ensure Angora was safe. Making her way to the bedroom, she opened the door and poked her head in. "Miss Angor-" Her eyes widened when she didn't see Angora. Hurriedly searching every space in the room, she rises, having found no trace of her troll friend. Glancing around, she finally has it click that somehow Angora wasn't in here. She reels back and howls for roughly a second before darting outside. She rushed everywhere around the ship, poking her head into pretty much every public space except the stables themselves, ironically. Her anxiety got worse at a rapid pace.
---
First | Previous | Page 14 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me