Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Baptism by Lightning (legend of Orion. private)
First | Previous | Page 39 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 48 49 50
Baptism by Lightning (legend of Orion. private) [CLOSED]
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8585
#1901 Posted: 00:01:02 09/03/2020
Quote:
As if on cue the sword itself started to glow brightly then it disappeared just as the armor did.

Raclaw watched as the sword disappeared-- as if it had never been there in the first place. "Well-- you've either offended Orion or the sword heard you. I suppose we'll find out in due time.," Raclaw commented figuring that the sword would return if or when it deemed it was needed.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1902 Posted: 00:02:38 09/03/2020
Caught up in the conversation, the troll didn't notice the armor and sword finally vanishing. Angora didn't like the way Julien was talking, making her hate the Ishulgites even more for making a man as good as him having to resort to such horrible disease. But perhaps it was the experience what made him a good man in the first place? She didn't know, nor she cared to elaborate on it, and was actually quite glad she could help him.
"Sure, certainly. What would you like? Or know what? Never mind. I'll just bring you plenty of food for you to choose from..." Angora assured, but as she got ready to leave, hearing the word opium reminded her of her friend, who for some reason had the nickname. Him and his two friends, they were all nicknames. Nobody knew their real names.

"By the way, speaking of opium, there is a friend of mine who has that as a nickname. He has two other friends, and they know plenty about medicine. They work at the infirmary. I can ask them to come here and help you." Angora suggested, knowing that in that field, they were the best candidates. It was strange to think the three former pirates would be interested in medicine, but the knowledge has served everyone on he ship.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:03:59 09/03/2020 by Felines
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1903 Posted: 00:19:32 09/03/2020
Julien gave a slight shudder, but nodded. "Certainly. At the very least, there may be something they pick up here that can help them with their future work," he happily suggested, as he returned to his workbench. "I'm going to prepare the painkiller for myself - then perhaps I'll work a bit longer before getting some shut-eye. I am grateful for your assistance." He began searching through a shelf of ingredients, looking for the opium to prepare.

Latnok gave a verbal shrug. "I'm sure Orion understands. It's for the best, that's all," he said. "Looks like the sun is setting. Godfather Sere will be doing navigation tonight as far as I know, as soon as Leoquin is done with the rudder. How about I cook up some dinner for you and Chester, and then we get some rest? Maybe bring Icestorm along too, if he wants to stay?" With the time ahead looking uneventful - the eye of the storm - the crew would, for the most part, be able to relax on training and day-to-day tasks and catch some more rest themselves.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1904 Posted: 00:51:35 09/03/2020
With almost childlike enthusiasm, Angora left to get some food for Julien, wanting to make it quick before he fell asleep from the noticeable exhaustion. It was then that she noticed that Orion's gifts were gone, no doubt to appear again when the time was right. The Ishulgites probably knew of their victory already, and imagining their worried faces pleased her. They have caused too much trouble already, and they deserve to pay. For now though, there wasn't much to do inside a moving ship, so she settled for helping Julien in the meantime, even forgetting about her own tiredness.

At the kitchen, a place she knew too well by now, Angora grabbed a tray similar to the ones Maverick used while serving the crew, and started to let all kinds of food, from simple bread to cocktails and shrimp so that Julien could decide what he wanted and save the rest for later. The friendly trio was likely going to be busy after the attack, but she will still go to them after serving Julien. It was kinda funny that after so much time of bringing food for Veris, she was going to bring food to someone else now, though at this rate, she didn't care. It was Julien, and if she could help him, even with seemingly simple things, she would do it.

The tray took a few minutes to be full with all kinds of meals, and it was almost as appealing as if Maverick had prepared it. When she reached the main deck, Angora had to tell a few sailors approaching her that the food wasn't for them. Some glared, but she just ignored them. They had feet. They could come get their own meals. Latnok and Maverick weren't going to cook for them all the time, and neither was she. After reaching Julien's laboratory, the door wasn't locked, so she gently pushed it with her body.
"Hey Mr. Julien. Didn't know what you like, so I brought you all kinds of things." she said, making sure Julien knew of her presence before bargain in so she wouldn't severely interrupt whatever as doing. There was enough food for more than one people, but Julien could just save the rest for later or Angora could get it back to the kitchen if he didn't like it.
---
#1905 Posted: 02:14:41 09/03/2020
Quote:
Latnok gave a verbal shrug. "I'm sure Orion understands. It's for the best, that's all," he said. "Looks like the sun is setting. Godfather Sere will be doing navigation tonight as far as I know, as soon as Leoquin is done with the rudder. How about I cook up some dinner for you and Chester, and then we get some rest? Maybe bring Icestorm along too, if he wants to stay?" With the time ahead looking uneventful - the eye of the storm - the crew would, for the most part, be able to relax on training and day-to-day tasks and catch some more rest themselves.

"Yes-- food and rest sounds good.," Raclaw said with a relieved nod. "Agreed. Wait-- your shiny sword is gone.," Chester barked ending in a curious/disappointed tone. "Don't worry, don't worry-- it'll be back. When I need it the most.," the Fur Dragon then responded with a smile. As he spoke, he internally muttered the command to open his stash and pulled out a familiar looking ball. The clear belled ball was no gold sword, but it's golden core certainly classified as its own degree of shiny. The Beagle's eyes were immediately drawn to it. "Here--," Raclaw said prepared to throw it a short distance. "FETCH!," he then said throwing the ball as a jingle could be heard in the air. Chester quickly went after it, just as a quickly returning as Raclaw offered a smile. "See? The sword isn't the only shiny thing around. Now come on-- let's let Latnok do his thing, while we have some fun.," he then throwing ball again and getting into position to catch it. Risar watched from nearby, letting out a slight laugh and hearty grin as he watched the two canines play.
---
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8609
#1906 Posted: 03:10:34 09/03/2020 | Topic Creator
After a few hours the wind seemed to pick up indicating Orion has indeed sent forth a tailwind that will help the ship move faster.

Icestorm looked across the ocean intensely. He wasn’t going to give in to darkness. “To the future.”

“To the future.” Crystal said besides him. “We are the only hope for the world now.”
---
SC
darknessdawn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1476
#1907 Posted: 05:43:16 09/03/2020
OOC: Of course I lose WiFi options right when the plot picks up. Ugh... I skimmed it, hope I didn't miss anything too important...

When Orion left the mental noise halted. Eclipse was stunned. She allowed Mischief to resume full control, but Mischief could feel her other self's anger. "It seems Eclipse has a grudge against the divine, and those who claim divinity... I wonder why?"
Darkheart shook her head. "Have you ever considered asking her? I used to have a grudge against the entire world. Maybe Eclipse isn't as bad as she seems... I once heard someone say 'Evil is just a word. Under the surface, it's simple pain.' Perhaps her viciousness is for a reason similar to my own past wickedness."
Mischief rubbed her pounding head. "Maybe, but what could cause such hatred? I don't think - ... Actually... I have felt something similar... A burning desire to lash out at all who've ever hurt me... I'll ask Eclipse about it tomorrow. Right now I need sleep."
Darkheart nodded. "If you find out, do tell me. I'm curious as to motives. Come to think of it, I wonder why Rigel chose the solution he did... Oh, now isn't the time. A divine wind has started up, we should be able to make it to the mainland soon."
---
Dark is not Evil, and Light is not Good.
Star the Zoroark at your disservice.
#1908 Posted: 10:18:41 09/03/2020
Julian was expecting the return, so wasn't startled by Angora's entrance. "Thank you," he said as he perused his options. In truth, he was none too picky right now, but at least wanted to show his consideration for all of the options brought forth to him by Angora right now. In the end, he took some venison and beef, and a few apples to go with it. "That should suffice. I must get back to work before drowsiness begins to set in..."

Leoquin worked diligently - and though it took great effort, the rudder was eventually completely free. Surfacing once again, he informed Sere of his progress - and after a test run of the rudder, the two confirmed that it was in operational condition. Sere looked towards the distance - here it was, a return to the mainland. It seemed so far away, but they would be back home before they knew it. He gave the order to have the anchor lifted.

Latnok took a mental note of the playtime between Raclaw and Chester. Perhaps, with the right materials and a bit of magic, he could also create a more "fun" toy for his canine companion - maybe that was a consideration for more peaceful times, however. At the very least, the journey back would be uneventful.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:21:24 09/03/2020 by A Guy
#1909 Posted: 15:45:39 09/03/2020
OOC: To give you a small recap DD, Orion came and gave the main characters, including yours the title of knights of the Light of Light and sent a tailwind to help the ship go faster.

Angora took the tray away after seeing Julien had nowhere to put it. Most of the places was naturally filled with medicine and chemistry set it seemed. She left him some food for later, like fruits and a bottled water and wine. Whatever he chose. She didn't want to interrupt his work, and now that he has eaten and had more food for later, she figured she wasn't going to be needed for a while. She was about to head to the kitchen to put what was left away, but decided to leave it to the sailors from earlier. They can take care of the tray themselves. She wanted to leave already. It was night, and the ship was moving fast, no doubt Orion making good of his word by sending the tailwind they desperately needed. She wanted nothing more than to sleep right now... but first, she headed to the infirmary and told the former pirates about Julien's situation. Opium was sleeping on a chair, tired of the day he had.
"Don't you worry about a thing Angora. Once things settle down here, we will come to help him. Or you can tell him to come to us when he has the time. We will tell Opium about this too." Sand Dune assured, always glad to see Angora. She left him and Random directions on how to reach the laboratory.

Having done that task, Angora decided to leave. She was thinking of helping at the infirmary, but was too tired to do so. She headed to the cabin, remembering that she still had Veris to feed. He would have to forgive her this time. She didn't want to risk going there again and have him asleep, or worse yet, to have him awake and demand for her to stay again. She wanted to sleep on a soft bed tonight. At least he had a heavy lunch today, so he will just have to wait for breakfast tomorrow. It was time to, how humans say, hit the hay. Michief wasn't there yet, but was certain she would come later, especially if she followed her earlier advice. Last time she saw her, she was speaking with Darkheart, so at least she wasn't alone.
---
#1910 Posted: 21:55:07 09/03/2020
In Aelinon, the harsh weather temporarily abated. In this time, at Tal Rogas, many humans stepped out of their homes to convene. Many questioned whether the king was suited to lead people through this winter; there had been multiple blizzards in less than a month. They were managing for now... but what would happen once the stockpiles started running out? Much of the food had been committed to the war effort, keeping the behemoths fed.

In Redwater, people were given travel temporarily for a break in the weather. Rumors of the unnatural nature of the blizzard spread; this couldn't be the work of the Silvianesti, certainly. Yet, there were whispers of a savior who would come with the Scepter of Storms to protect the people. Such a thing was certainly a silly thought; yet it perpetuated somehow, and gave the people hope...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1911 Posted: 22:20:24 09/03/2020
Huntress could only confine herself in the rented room, with the patron even offering her a few free nights due to the situation and connection with the soldiers, but she refused to be treated differently. At the lobby, some children were playing, trying to distract themselves from the harsh winter and the depressing talk of the adults about the weather and how low their food supplies were running. One particular child wasn't in the mood for playing, and in a corner, he started muttering to his big sister that if they didn't die from the cold, the behemoths would eat them once their own food ran out. Being no sign of their parents, and having great respect for the behemoths, Huntress went and consoled the children siblings, wanting such horrible thoughts to leave the boy's head. She knew the situation was desperate, but she trusted the king, as well as Aelinon's resourcefulness. No matter how bad things looked, she was certain they were going to get out of this soon...

Back at the ship, Angora only managed to conceal a few hours of sleep. The strong wings combined with the worry of what awaited them back on the main land didn't let her have a deep sleep. She left the cabin, not even noticing if Mischief was there or not. If she was, she left to avoid waking her. She headed to the kitchen and took the food she had prepared for Veris the day before. It was still night outside, but likely past midnight. Veris' sleep pattern was sometimes random, and after the feast and nap he took earlier, chances were he could be awake by now, especially if he realized she never brought him dinner. In front of his enclosure, Angora called;
"Hello...? Veris...?" she called in a very quiet voice, almost a whisper. If it turned out Veris was still asleep, she was tempted to go to Maverick and Ilasi's cabin. Despite the mermaid already saying she could visit her friend at any time, it just didn't feel right to interrupt their lives. They were a couple after all.
---
#1912 Posted: 23:53:39 09/03/2020
OOC: I did catch that bit, but thank you. Anyway, here's a revelation on Eclipse's backstory and motives.

Mischief wasn't sleeping well either. The abnormally close call with Orion had left the vixen unable to rest. All she could think about was how close she'd come to letting Eclipse attempt murder against Orion. Why, Eclipse? Why the grudge? Visions suddenly flashed in front of her eyes. Two foxes embracing, each bearing the same golden eyes... The two being yanked apart... A bloody altar... ... I think I can guess from here... You had a loved one, who was sacrificed... Clever cub. You catch on quick. Now you understand my rage at the heavens. Orion seems to be pure of heart. But imagine what groups could form, revolving around him and sacrificing innocent lives. Eclipse... What if we ensured his true desires were unforgotten? A message of peace, of hope, without bloodshed? There's always a choice beyond murder. ... If you guaranteed innocent lives won't be lost in his name... I will allow it. I promise Eclipse, if you promise to leave judgement of guilt to me. I can assess it well enough, but I don't think I've the capacity to hurt sentient creatures. Which is where I come in? Precisely. ... Terms accepted. Do NOT let the guilty walk free, cub. Your true interest is justice. I intend to assist in enforcing it. We can't let innocents come to harm. And as for the power Orion gave, I'm certain it will be useful. I'm loathe to wield any "divine gift", but... If it is useful... I suppose. I'm glad we could come to an understanding... Too bad I still can't sleep... The viciousness you displayed is from a broken heart... The vixen rolled over and stared at the ceiling. Her mind whirred, emotionally mixed up. Eclipse was now less of an anomalous psychopath and more a tragic figure.

Darkheart allowed herself to remain on deck. She was awake most nights anyway, and with the coming battles, her blood boiled. She couldn't hold back her excitement fully, she craved battle. She craved watching her enemies fall before her like wheat before a scythe. It was a somewhat uncomfortable thing to admit, but her bloodlust had never entirely left her, merely been wrestled under control of her more sane side.
---
#1913 Posted: 01:27:57 10/03/2020
Veris moved slightly with Angora's calling, but otherwise remained lightly asleep. He had recently woken up; upon seeing no Angora and no food, however, he went back to his sleep. As he caught sleep, he would also be catching game in his dreams. Dreaming of the hunt, he gave his snout a quick lick.

Much of the issue with food was caused by the incessant blizzards making ground travel completely infeasible for most means of delivery. Unfortunately, most of the city infrastructure meant to guard against blizzards did not extend past their limits; travel in a blizzard was potentially deadly, and the way was completely invisible under the snow. Aelinon was using behemoths and underground passageways to alleviate some of these problems; there were only so many behemoths they had, however, and horses were infamously hard to handle in caves.
Some humans were voicing their concerns.
"I bet they have plenty of food underground!" one man in the lobby with Huntress carped. "The throne always did assume our loyalty was automatic, and it was only the others they had to win over."
"How many has that been... three blizzards so far?" another asked. "This isn't natural. It's exceptional if we get two in one winter. Something is up."
"You know, the real leader would have the Scepter of Storms," the first said.
"That crazy old myth?"
"As well-documented as it is? It's no myth. Must've been thrown away by the crown a while back because the current leaders are actually usurpers. One of these days, the real leader will show up. Mark my words."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1914 Posted: 02:20:40 10/03/2020
Huntress couldn't bear the nonsense the men were speaking, and not wanting the children hearing about their poisonous words, she proceeded to tell them a story. The story of a little girl whose village was ravaged by an evil dragon, until a brave prince and his behemoth ally saved her. She kept it a secret that the little girl has been her, and of course the prince's identity as well, although she greatly exaggerated some events to keep the children interested. She had to keep it up cause the men talking were infuriating. She wanted to avoid causing a brawl.

Quote: A Guy
Veris moved slightly with Angora's calling, but otherwise remained lightly asleep. He had recently woken up; upon seeing no Angora and no food, however, he went back to his sleep. As he caught sleep, he would also be catching game in his dreams. Dreaming of the hunt, he gave his snout a quick lick.

Angora couldn't wait any longer. Veris already skipped his dinner. She wasn't going to let it happen again. It was a small dinner, but it'll have to do for now. The troll gently opened the door to his enclosure, leaving the meal near a corner. She watched Veris and rolled her eyes, his licking a drooling a straight giveaway he was dreaming about food. She sometimes wondered if he had something else in his head. She wanted to give him a small pat to the head as goodnight, but with him dreaming about food, it was probably not a good idea. She whispered a soft good night as she gently closed the door again, deciding to spend some time on the main deck. She could spot Darkheart there even with her dark color, but she wasn't in the mood for a conversation, so she decided to stay on one side at the ship looking at the stars, hoping to tire herself out and be able to go back to sleep.
---
#1915 Posted: 19:14:57 10/03/2020
And so the days in Aelinon wore on. Some of the people were reduced to subsisting on flavorless gruel. During these times, more of the merfolk were tasked with fishing, in order to keep food supplies steady - this would only prove to be an effective measure in port cities, however, where the weather hadn't completely cut off sources of natural fish.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1916 Posted: 21:06:25 10/03/2020
Huntress' days became more boring and desperate. She wasn't a kid's person, but even they could provide some form of entertainment, not to mention teaching them to have faith in the king, only if kept a secret from the parents of course. She resorted to being subliminal instead of directly telling them in case the children tell on her. The food was getting different, though fortunately, due to her bounty hunting job, she learned not to be picky. Still, for someone with a fortune, she knew she could still do better. Not much she could do with so much money when the resources themselves were scarce though.

At the Enduring Legacy, Angora has done much thinking. While the darkest part of the heart wished the Ishulgites could cause some destruction of Aelinon for being such a cruel society, and above all to have Shade free from them, she knew it was wrong. And even if Shade helped defending them against the incoming attack, she doubted they would be willing to forgive what he had done even with his aid. Returning to the mainland meant he will probably face more imprisonment regardless of what progress he made in terms of his control. There was also the matter of the king wanting to use him as a weapon, which further decreased his chances of freedom. If that happened, Shade would be all alone. The Guardians would likely keep visiting him, and if that was the case, there was only one way for her to see him. Angora wasn't willing to leave Shade alone to face whatever awaited him. However, there was only one way she could get passage to his visits... but...
---
#1917 Posted: 03:32:00 11/03/2020
Though many were beginning to fall to despair, there would come something to give them renewed determination; in the midst of a snowstorm one day, the wind ceased very suddenly, and the snow started to melt. These effects manifested all around the country, from the port city of Redwater to the border town of Orcford. If there were any who doubted the previous weather was unnatural, there would be absolutely no doubt that the sudden abatement of the ill weather had some supernatural root.
Instead, the sun fought its way through the thick layers of clouds, forcing them aside to shine on the people. What could such a thing mean? Many would take the chance to get out of their houses and celebrate whatever force had come to save them. Though there were some rumors, non truly knew that these events would be a harbinger of a major upheaval to come.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1918 Posted: 03:44:15 11/03/2020
Huntress was drinking some warm water (the best that could be offered right now) when clamoring and running got her attention. Everyone was heading outside. Were they crazy? A single ray of sunshine got to her eyes. What the heck? She soon joined the gaggle and she too saw the outside. The blizzard, it just vanished, like... magic? The Silvianesti? No, couldn't be. Their magic wasn't strong enough... was it? If it was, why did they waited this long to use it? Unless they gained something that increased their magic? Huntress wanted to believe it was them, but the people were talking about other things. Some even said there was a savior out there, but none named the king. He was no sorcerer, but Huntress wanted to believe he did something to save them. No doubt about it. There was sorcery involved. There was no way a blizzard that wild would dissipate in a matter of seconds naturally. While everyone else around was thinking there was a savior out there, Huntress was more skeptical...
---
#1919 Posted: 04:54:34 11/03/2020
The sudden good weather naturally did not escape the capital. King Seraos immediately ordered all transports available to start bringing in the rest of the stockpiles from the various warehouses to the areas most severely affected. With any luck, the foul weather would finally be at an end - but if not, people should have enough food to hold out a while longer.
All over the nation, people stepped out of their homes and got together in celebration. They have withstood the worst winter had yet thrown at them - a testament to how strong they were as a people and a nation.

Meanwhile, in a far-off shore, approximately a hundred miles from Tal Rogas, many, many ships forced a landing on the empty shore. From these ships, Rigel and the throngs of Ishulgites who had come with him alighted. Wyvern patrols were undoubtedly being sent out during this opportunity to check the landscape; but for now, they began their march towards the capital, unimpeded by anyone. The ships were left to the shore unattended; they would not be needed.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1920 Posted: 07:57:52 11/03/2020
As days and soon WEEKS passed on the Enduring Legacy, meanwhile, things were mostly uneventful. The crew and company-- although they could afford to relax more --were encouraged to keep up with and maintain at least semi-regular training so as to stay fit for any potential combat. Raclaw, for his part, did so with his fire with his assisted "fireballs" becoming more accurate and able to hit smaller targets. Icestorm, after having been asked, happily accepted the offer of shared room/his own bed and Chester's bed soon gained a new recipient at least for the short term future. Risar, now in possession of a new god-gifted weapon, was least able to use the new sword but would still come to prefer his axes when it came to primary combat. It was the way.

The sun was rising and soon shined once again through the window(s) leading into Latnok's cabin. Icestorm aside, everyone and everything in the room legally belonged to the Guardian and would remain as such for the foreseeable future. The local canine residents didn't mind, however, as Chester slowly awoke and caught a view of the still sleeping Icestorm from between Raclaw's feathery soft wings. Their bed was appropriately sized for one such as Raclaw and thus continued to comfortably serve them. What was now Icestorm's bed was smaller (having been sized for a small-medium dog), but still adequately sized for a three foot dragon. Chester remained still not sure if Raclaw was awake, but... *ACHUE!* The small dog violently sneezed bumping into and waking Raclaw in the process. "Is it.. is it time already?," a half awake Raclaw asked as he opened his upon the dog's reaction.

Risar was just waking up as well, getting ready and soon preparing to head out towards the main deck. Another day on a now very long voyage.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 08:49:34 11/03/2020 by redwes
#1921 Posted: 08:14:13 11/03/2020
Angora could sense a different atmosphere. Were they near the mainland? No, couldn't be, too soon. Perhaps they were finally leaving the archipelago that has caused them so much trouble? That could be. With their island disembarks at a halt now, Angora had plenty of time to think in those nights she couldn't sleep. Maverick looked so happy with Ilasi, and even though she knew she would be welcomed with them, she didn't want to get in the way in whatever life they built together. They did look like a pretty couple the more you looked at them, even despite their rather different species. Shade was her biggest worry. As for the Ishulgites, they have triumphed each and every battle they have thrown their way. Why would this ocassion any different, especially with Orion giving them a blast in power and making them his knights? She was ready to defeat those stupid, extremist people and finally get the issue off everyone's shoulders. The problem would be Shade. What would Aelinon do to him? He had to win his freedom somehow, especially now that he had a loving family that finally found him.

Even if there was a chance for him to earn his freedom, it was likely going to be a lot of work, work that will most certainly involve the Guardians. And there was only one way a troll like her could be work with them now.
"Well Neo, I guess it's settled. If I want to keep an eye on Shade and make sure he earns his freedom, I need to be with the Guardians. And the only way Sere will let me is... if I become Veris' caretaker even long after the voyage. Heh, he got way too used to me. Too much. I... I don't want to spend my life taking care of him, but... well you saw how angry he was with the thought of never seeing me again. But what else can I do? I need to help Shade, and I also don't want to make Veris unhappy. Even if Shade earns his freedom, well... if I leave, he's going to think I just used him..." Angora commented to her spirit guardian, being quite conflicted. It would make Veris very unhappy to say goodbye to her after the voyage, but if she stayed with him long after the journey only to leave later, it was going to be much worse. But she has seen with her own eyes how much her caring has affected the wyvern, to the point of even making a request to his master. She knew she was already facing the possibility of the wyvern never letting her go...
---
#1922 Posted: 14:21:47 11/03/2020 | Topic Creator
“Shade has said this many times before. He won’t leave your side. He may of found his real family but you have been with him sense the beginning. He wouldn’t be himself without you.” Neo said.
---
SC
#1923 Posted: 14:36:42 11/03/2020
Angora rolled her eyes, remembering with Neo's words how right he was. Even when confronted with the matter, Shade did say he would rather be with her than his own family.
"Come on. He just spent months in this voyage without talking to me or Maverick. We only had, like what? Just two days where we were allowed? He'll manage. Besides, why reject a family that clearly loves him and has been looking for him? If my family has been one tenth as caring as his is, I wouldn't think it." Angora stated, wanting more than just friends, a loving family, but if that ever happens, it was likely never going to be with trolls. They were too much of a violent race.
---
#1924 Posted: 16:38:33 11/03/2020 | Topic Creator
“Well Shade has stated that very clear. He loves you and Maverick very much. You two were willing to give him a chance when no one else would. You two are the only family he ever had besides his real one. If Shade were to decide one day he would want you to come with him or himself come with you.” Neo said.
---
SC
#1925 Posted: 20:11:52 11/03/2020
Angora knew Neo was right. Like Veris, Shade has made it adamantly clear that he wanted to keep seeing his friend even knowing he had a family of his own. She groaned.
"Ugh! Why me!? Not one, but TWO dragons! I have two dragons that want my company! Any normal ones would consider me food, but nooo, I have something that... they want! Ugh, this is what I get for being too gentle like Maverick. If I had been more like a REAL troll, none of this would be happening. Heck if I was more like a real troll, the Ishulgites wouldn't have targeted me in the first place!" Angora complained, thinking that being too different from her species, not to mention following Maverick's influence, got her into the situation she was in.
---
#1926 Posted: 22:05:39 11/03/2020
One of many wyvern patrols were conducting their sweep when the large group of travelers was spotted below. There certainly was no reason citizens of Aelinon would be grouped together like that so soon after a blizzard, or come to Tal Rogas from that angle. There were also ships in the distance. They had to report back...
Hours later, several platoons of cavalry were riding out to meet them. Taking advantage of the hills, they rose above the hilltops as the travelers approached, leaving the travelers with little time to react. A small squad broke off from the larger company, coming forward to meet the travelers.
Rigel, ahead of the others, was the obvious leader. A captain on horseback approached him. "What business do you have here? Identify yourselves," he commanded sharply.
Rigel scowled. "A little hostile to fellow humans, don't you think?" he criticized. "We are friends... saviors. I am Rigel - wielder of the Scepter of Storms... the one who has brought an end to the blizzards here... and rightful king."
With that, he grabbed and wielded the scepter he had strapped to his back. The power flowing from it was undeniable; turbulent air flowed above, with static creating sparks in a show of power. "The ones following me are my escort. Now then, we are looking for the castle. Please, take us there."
The lieutenants nearby looked at the captain, who was nothing less than mystified by the display. If the legends were true... then they would at least be worth bringing in to sort the matter out with the king directly. He questioned the wisdom of such an idea - but if this man really did wield the legendary weapon, and possessed the power he did, then resistance would certainly be foolish...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1927 Posted: 22:26:20 11/03/2020
Huntress went outside. The people looked confused yet at the same time relieved. So many were talking among each other that all she could listen to was gibberish. Having nothing else to do there, Huntress went to the inn and paid for her stay, even more so than what the patron intended to charge. With that matter settled, Huntress took her trusty horse, whom she had to help warm up. It was left in one of the stables nearly, but they were almost no match for the cold. The steed was still alive and kicking though. It just needed a little warmth, and time, and after a while, Huntress headed to the nearest soldier camp, desperate for answers...
---
#1928 Posted: 23:50:30 11/03/2020
King Seraos listened to the news with apprehension. "Is that so? Everyone is so focused on the idea of a savior... but who's to say this man isn't the cause of our troubles to begin with? It certainly would make sense - create these storms, wear the people out, then turn them against us..."
"Regardless," one of his advisors interjected, "if he has the Scepter, he may be able to claim the throne by right of the mandate."
"The mandate does say the finder and wielder of the Scepter has the right to ascend the throne - but," another advisor countered, "it doesn't specifically say that it supercedes the authority of the current king. One could reasonably see this as only granting him priority over the throne in the event of a vacancy."
As time passed with the king and his advisors in deliberation, a human messenger burst into the sparsely decorated throne room, hyperventilating as he came to a stop. "Your Highness! Gentlemen! People outside... They're... They're coming together, demanding the king step down! It looks like it may turn into a riot at any moment!"
The king gave a deep, resigned sigh. "Well, that settles that, then. If the people want-"
"Sire," an advisor angrily interrupted, "surely you can't just cede to this man we know nothing about? By your own words, it's very much possible that he's the cause of all of this! If this is what he is willing to do to gain power over the people, there is no telling what will happen to us! There has to be more to it!" The advisor then looked and pointed at the messenger. "These crowds. What more can you tell me about them?"
The messenger took a deep breath in an attempt to recover from his run. "Well, it's almost all human... I don't think I saw a single merman or galud among them. They claim the king has betrayed his fellow men and left them to die... and this new leader talks about a new god he intends to connect the people with."
The king and advisors thought for a few more moments. "We can secure your escape, Your Highness," one of them said. "But this new leader - his words are venom. They go against the idea of unity between the various species that we've worked to establish... and this god? Aelinon has survived as long as it has not due to any god, but by the power of men. We... We cannot let this madman continue."
Seraos shook his head for a bit, looking down at the table. "Make it so... we don't have much time. We can deliberate more later. If this man truly is attempting to turn humans against the others, then Redwater will be our safest place. Let's go."
Seraos cursed his situation. He never asked for this power, or this responsibility. He didn't have the experience his father had. And yet, as much as he wanted to, he couldn't simply step down without potentially dire consequences for the people. Why did this all fall to him? There was nothing he could do now. If only he was a decade older and wiser, things may never have come to this...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1929 Posted: 00:49:10 12/03/2020
Mischief stretched and yawned wide. Suddenly she shivered, an inexplicable dread washing over her. Leaving the room, she stepped out on deck, trying to see if the mainland was close yet. She'd never been to the mainland, so she felt a giddiness at at the thought of visiting it. But she had a terrible feeling. Like something was horribly, horribly wrong. Darkheart raised her head. "What is it, little one?"
Mischief shook her head. "I don't know... But something feels wrong... We need to hurry..."
Darkheart sighed. "You've got a good sense for danger, Mischief... What do you think it is? The Ishulgites, perhaps?"
Mischief nodded. "I'd think so. I hope we can make it."
Darkheart looked in the mainland's direction. "I do too. If they get the chance to take control... The whole kingdom may end up collapsing in the power vacuum once the Ishulgites fall. I've seen realms fall apart for lesser reasons."
The two stared out. Mischief shivered again, the inexplicable dread causing her to fear what they'd find on arrival.
---
#1930 Posted: 00:56:31 12/03/2020
Huntress reached the nearest base, one that was gathering as much food as it could now that the blizzard has stopped. Many were afraid though that the blizzard could return as fast as it had dissipated, especially if there was sorcery involved.
"Miss. You can't be... oh, it's you Huntress." one of the soldiers said after recognizing her.
"Hey. Can you tell me what's going on?" she asked, a bit embarrased that she didn't know how name. Many soldiers knew her, especially with a nickname so easy to memorize, but she didn't know many by name. The face was another story.
"We're as much in the dark as you are. Apparently there is something going on at Tal Rojas and the king's palace. But we're too busy here with supplies to know the news." the soldier explained, having only heard rumors so far. Many of the soldiers were going underground to feed the behemoths taking shelter there, and Huntress volunteered despite almost everybody wishing against it. Things were rather unstable below. Many of the behemoths were restless with the commotion outside, while the soldiers were making sure they were well fed, since boosting their morale was much harder than filling in their stomachs, although it could soon be the other way around if they didn't recover from the damages soon...
---
#1931 Posted: 04:58:47 12/03/2020 | Topic Creator
Suddenly Orion contacted King Seraos through telepathy. “Do not trust the invaders. They seek wipe out all dragons and all who don’t bow to them. I will help you as much as I can king Seraos. Do not let them get to your weapon!” He said.

Meanwhile on the ship Crystal came up To Mischief. “We are strong. They will fall like they always have against us.”

Icestorm meanwhile had moved closer to Raclaw feeling more comfortable near him. He slept quietly curled up.
---
SC
#1932 Posted: 08:02:07 12/03/2020
The ship was still on the move. After venting with Neo that night, Angora slept more pleasantly, and despite her worries, she didn't have a single dream or nightmare about anything. It's been a while since she had an uninterrupted dream. She woke up revitalized that morning, and rather late. Mischief had already left. Feeling very hungry, she made herself a quick breakfast before preparing Veris' meal. It was a routine she knew by heart now. Although most of the nights after the battle she has slept in her own cabins, there were times Veris would catch her and ask for her to spend the night with him. She had to oblige or else he could take it the wrong way.

As always, Angora entered Veris' enclosure carefully just in case he was alseep.
"Good morning silly. Ready for some gulps?" she asked with a tad of playfulness, still being friendly with him regardless of her desire to avoid him more often. Even if she wasn't fond of his eagerness to have her stay with him, he was still her friend. He was likely a simple mount or battle animal for anyone else that saw him, but Veris did help her overcome much of her loneliness back then. Not being able to talk to Shade and Maverick having Ilasi, she found herself alone. Too bad Mischief didn't get to the ship much earlier in the voyage, otherwise she could've interacted with her more. There was still Neo, but he wasn't always awake. Veris was the one she had from the beginning, and had no doubts that if it wasn't for his company, she would've easily succumbed to the Ishulgite's temptations like what happened to Julien, and would likely be in their clutches now.
---
#1933 Posted: 12:24:15 12/03/2020
Veris had just woken up, and hearing Angora had him stand up in anticipation of food. He impatiently licked his snout, ready to devour whatever it was that was brought to him. How grateful he was to have someone like Angora who would take care of him and provide him company for a long time to come!

As Seraos prepared to leave - in an underground wyvern pen beneath the castle - the sudden telepathic message entered his head. For some reason, he was able to identify who it was... Orion. The two had been at odds before, but right now he needed to act for the sake of his people.
The Void Breaker. That was right - such a tool could not fall into the hands of an usurper.
"Have several of the riders head to the Void Breaker and warn the soldiers there of the situation," he ordered an advisor. "We must maintain control of it at all costs. We need more merfolk and galuds deployed there. The rest of us will head to Redwater. Our outriders will find a suitable spot to land - and we will have to inform the populace of what is to come."
Once the details were settled, the wyverns were set up - and away everyone went. This would be the longest trip Seraos had ever taken...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1934 Posted: 15:44:51 12/03/2020
Quote:
Icestorm meanwhile had moved closer to Raclaw feeling more comfortable near him. He slept quietly curled up.

"Sorry-- that was me.," Chester responded in a low 'whisper.' The little dog could see Icestorm was still sound asleep and evidently very comfortable next to the Fur Dragon. "We can probably let him sleep a little longer; seems peaceful.," Raclaw commented in a low common whisper. "Agreed.," Chester responded keeping a low tone for both Icestorm's sake and Latnok's in case their friend/master was still sleeping.

Risar soon made his way to the deck, taking a mental note of who was/wasn't yet up.
---
#1935 Posted: 16:02:58 12/03/2020 | Topic Creator
Icestorm started to twitch and wimper in his sleep. He seemed to be having a nightmare. Perhaps one of his fury roommates could calm him with their touch?
---
SC
#1936 Posted: 16:10:08 12/03/2020
Very soon, news about the king going to Redwater soon reached the base. Huntress was glad for her luck, but at the same time worried. King Seraos usually came to Redwater for the arena and the occasional speech, but arena battles were canceled due to the blizzard, and she doubted the people wanted to see the king after they talked so badly about him.
"Where will the king land? Right here? I must see him!" Huntress urged, but the soldier stopped her.
"Take it easy miss Huntress. There is strict protocol when he comes. He won't be able to receive any visitors." he said, but Huntress wasn't convinced.
"I'm not just any visit! King Seraos knows me well! I have to see him!" Huntress insisted, refusing to leave the base until she saw her dear friend. He could land in any base, but that one had as much good as a chance as the others.

Veris had just woken up, and hearing Angora had him stand up in anticipation of food. He impatiently licked his snout, ready to devour whatever it was that was brought to him. How grateful he was to have someone like Angora who would take care of him and provide him company for a long time to come!

Now that Angora was once again with Veris, instead of leaving to let him eat like she has been doing, she decided to stay there and wait for him to finish. There was something she needed to know, but whe needed to start with another subject to avoid Veris from suspecting anything.

She didn't have to wait too long though, for Veris was good at making food disappear down his throat. Certain that he was satisfied and in the mood to have her and listen, she decided to begin the conversation with something else.
"Well then Veris, no more islands. We're going back to Redwater, and those darn Ishulgites will be waiting for us. You're ready to battle, right?" Angora asked, knowing that before anything else was done, they had the Ishulgites to deal with, and she was more than sure they weren't going to be happy to see them... especially her.
---
#1937 Posted: 16:18:20 12/03/2020
Quote:
Icestorm started to twitch and wimper in his sleep. He seemed to be having a nightmare. Perhaps one of his fury roommates could calm him with their touch?

Raclaw, sensing this, wrapped his tail around the small dragon-- hoping to calm Icestorm's dreams. The poor guy definitely had a lot to get over...
---
#1938 Posted: 16:29:27 12/03/2020 | Topic Creator
This feeling slowly calmed Icestorm. Soon he slowly woke up. He felt Raclaw tail around him. “Thanks Raclaw. I hope I wasn’t too much of a pain.”
---
SC
#1939 Posted: 16:34:31 12/03/2020
"You're not a pain, Icestorm. And I'm happy to help.," Raclaw responded with a gentle smile. "He's really calming when it comes to nightmares.," Chester 'spoke' rubbing against Raclaw and sometimes forgetting that Icestorm *couldn't* understand him.
---
#1940 Posted: 16:47:09 12/03/2020
Huntress would not have to wait long. Outriders soon appeared, making their landing at the base. Asking a few questions to the captain in charge of the base, they once again took flight to rendezvous with the king. Soon, the king and his own wyvern would land, as would his escort.
On landing, Seraos immediately began barking out orders - patrols were to go through the city and round up anyone talking of treason or dissent. He would have to gather and speak with the population - he needed to secure the loyalty of as many as he could. The more he heard about this "god" from those who were keeping him updated, the less he liked it - who knew what would happen if the nation was shifted to a theocracy?

Veris growled and snapped at the air at the thought of fighting those people again. "I could not join the last fight. I will fight this time then? Good. I will kill them! We will win! I will chew their bones!" The very idea of combat got his blood pumping once more.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1941 Posted: 16:52:02 12/03/2020 | Topic Creator
Icestorm smiled. Even though he couldn’t understand Chester he had a feeling he knew what he said. “Heh Raclaw always has that calming effect huh? Maybe it’s his aura?”
---
SC
#1942 Posted: 17:05:57 12/03/2020
Huntress made her way to where the king was, pushing soldiers and going past them despite their attempts to stop her. Since she was a lady, none of them used too much force on her, and she could easily wriggle her way past them.
"Miss? I need to ask you to go back." one of the soldiers just say. When Huntress became too insistent on the matter, two soldiers grabbed her by the arms, wanting to lead her away from the busy king.
"Let go of me! I need to see Seraos!" Huntress said, not realizing she omitted the word king.
"That's king Seraos." one of the soldiers grabbing her corrected. He and his companion were escorting her back. Huntress was about to retaliate when she spotted the king among the crowd.
"King Seraos! King Seraos! My liege! It's me, Huntress! I'm here for you sire! There are some people who stopped believing in you, but not me!" Huntress yelled, realizing this was a very strict protocol when not even she was being allowed to get too close to the king. She knew Seraos since childhood, and even though they barely interacted due to his royal duties, she still considered him a dear friend.

Veris growled and snapped at the air at the thought of fighting those people again. "I could not join the last fight. I will fight this time then? Good. I will kill them! We will win! I will chew their bones!" The very idea of combat got his blood pumping once more.

Angora got pale seeing Veris being quite savage. It was easy to forget he could be quite bloodthirsty at the thought of a battle interacting with him so much. He had a gentle side, but also quite a deadly one.
"Easy there Veris. No need to get so graphic. Save the enthusiasm for the battle. Although don't get your hopes up yet. These people are very dangerous. Sere will want to keep you as safe as he can." Angora warned, knowing how valuable Veris was for Sere. While it was possible the wyvern would assist his master in the upcoming battle, there was also the chance that he was going to leave the wyvern out of it just like last time.
---
#1943 Posted: 17:24:16 12/03/2020
Mischief glanced at Crystal. "I know... But there's been a price to every victory. And If I have to unleash Eclipse in all her savagery to get the job done... She's very prone to collateral." Cub, you're too soft. Too gentle and sweet for your own good. This world doesn't deserve those like you, honestly... Eclipse, you're more destructive than you need to be, that's why I'm always holding you back... Someday you'll understand. I suspect that with the Scepter of Storms in Rigel's hands, the people won't fight the "chosen king". Humans are very much like a flock of sheep with a few wolves mixed in. Eclipse, please, don't dash my hopes without a reason. I'm just being realistic... You shouldn't expect things to be so much better than they likely are... Eclipse be quiet. You'll see. Humans are stronger willed than that! They won't follow someone that mindlessly!
Darkheart nodded at Crystal. "We'll win, but the fox child has a point... There's been so much needless death, much as the battling gets me... Strangely excited."
---
#1944 Posted: 18:24:43 12/03/2020
Though Seraos was engrossed in his discussion with the various military leaders attending him, Huntress' shouting managed to catch his attention. Seeing her predicament, he beckoned to the soldiers detaining her. "Release her!" he ordered. "She may speak to me." If Huntress wanted his attention so urgently, he was certain that there was a good reason for it.
The soldiers looked at Huntress hesitantly before looking back at the king. "Yes, your Highness," one of them said after a short delay, before they let Huntress go.

Veris settled down a little bit, though he was still in doubt. "My human! I must fight with my human! I must keep my human safe!" he growled frantically. "Does my human not want me to protect him? I must help him! I... okay. If my human does not want me to fight, then I will not fight. But! What will happen to him?" Being absent from the last battle was absolutely nerve-racking for Veris when he knew Sere was out there fighting - reminiscent of the experience with Darkmatter when he was sidelined.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1945 Posted: 18:43:45 12/03/2020
Quote:
Icestorm smiled. Even though he couldn’t understand Chester he had a feeling he knew what he said. “Heh Raclaw always has that calming effect huh? Maybe it’s his aura?”

"I think it's because he can feel other's pain, so he feels better when you feel better.," Chester barked actually glad Icestorm couldn't understand him just than; he knew that the empathic Raclaw could feel others pain rather he wanted to or not.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:22:02 12/03/2020 by redwes
#1946 Posted: 19:17:31 12/03/2020
Huntress approached the king, panting a bit.
"I'm so sorry sire. I know this is strict protocol, but I had to see you. I have heard people talking. They are not happy. They are doubting your rule and I don't know what else to do to stop it sir. The faith is being lost. There is just too much talking." Huntress explained, with a voice of clear desperation, but also one that wanted to demonstrate to king Seraos she still hasn't lost her faith in him.

Veris settled down a little bit, though he was still in doubt. "My human! I must fight with my human! I must keep my human safe!" he growled frantically. "Does my human not want me to protect him? I must help him! I... okay. If my human does not want me to fight, then I will not fight. But! What will happen to him?" Being absent from the last battle was absolutely nerve-racking for Veris when he knew Sere was out there fighting - reminiscent of the experience with Darkmatter when he was sidelined.

"Sere just cares about you Veris. He may need you, but if he doesn't want you to battle, he has his reason. Besides, he won't be alone. We'll help him. And we'll feed you the fallen Ishulgites. That's what you want, right?" Angora assured, knowing that in terms of food, he won't deny anything. She was still trying to find an opening on the rather delicate discussion she wanted to touch.
---
#1947 Posted: 21:19:48 12/03/2020
Seraos' face turned dour, betraying his knowledge of the situation. "Is that so? That... may fit into everything that's been happening, then." He took a deep breath, dreading having to go through the events again.
"There is a man who has come with a throng of supporters - wielding the Scepter of Storms. Based on an old mandate which unspecifically gives the wielder the right to the throne, he is trying to claim it. There was, of course, a bounty on the return of the Scepter... but that isn't the route he's going with. It seems that with that, he is taking advantage of the resentment many humans have harbored to secure his position. He speaks of some god... and the principles he endorses go against everything our nation has stood for. We were forced to flee from Tal Rogas - we will establish camp in Redwater. It looks like we're potentially in for a civil war - I don't know how we will resolve this, but we have always managed to survive as a people one way or another, and it will be no different this time." Seraos maintained a confident tone, though for all he spoke, he felt anything but confident. In times like these, he wished his father was there to guide them.

At the mention of being fed, Veris grinned as he began to salivate. "Yes! They make good food! I will eat them all!" he said eagerly, licking his snout. "When my human is done, there will be much to eat. I look forward to it!" If there was one thing that wasn't so bad about fighting those creatures, it was the feast afterwards. Veris remained innocently unaware of what Angora had to say.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1948 Posted: 21:42:41 12/03/2020
"The Scepter of Storms?" Huntress repeated, never imagining hearing that word again. She knew about the scepter, but had doubted it's existence.
"How do they even know it's the real deal my lord? It may be just an ordinary scepter enhanced with power to give it the illusion of being the one. Whoever that is, definetly nothing but a charlatan trying to usurp you. Don't let it come through my lord. I'm just one woman, but I'm with you all the way what I can. I'm not sure what I can do about the adults, but I've been talking with children, making sure they don't lose the faith in you, and with luck, they can convince their parents as well. Just tell me what else to do your highness. Whoever that faker is, we will stop him." Huntress assured, wanting to demonstrate her undying loyalty to Seraos. Legend or not, she was not going to abandon him.

At the mention of being fed, Veris grinned as he began to salivate. "Yes! They make good food! I will eat them all!" he said eagerly, licking his snout. "When my human is done, there will be much to eat. I look forward to it!" If there was one thing that wasn't so bad about fighting those creatures, it was the feast afterwards. Veris remained innocently unaware of what Angora had to say.

After letting Veris have his likely future fantasy, Angora tried to bring the subject to light.
"Yes. I know that will make you happy. And after they are gone, we can finally get on with our lives. Still not know what will happen, but I can't wait for it to be over..." she began, choosing her next words carefully. Veris was quite upset last time about the possibility of separating, so she wanted to try not to repeat the story.

"You master hasn't said anything about what will happen with me, but rest assure he will make sure you're happy. It has been great taking care of you... but if there is a tiny chance I don't get the job, you will still be well taken care of. Raclaw will go with Latnok, he can be great company and someone to talk with. And of course, you'll be fed and groomed by professionals, who will do a better job than I did, and release you from time to time to hunt to your heart's delight. Just imagine that. You'll be very happy no matter what." Angora commented, focusing the subject on his own happiness rather than her possible absence. She still didn't know what she did to make Veris like her way too much, but she wanted to make sure he could accept the possibility of her not going with him after the battle with the Ishulgites was over.
---
#1949 Posted: 22:30:10 12/03/2020
Seraos was pleased to know that, in the most dire of times, there was at least one person he would be able to count on. "The Scepter - it most certainly looked like the artifact as described and depicted, and possesses the power of such an artifact. Unless we have some proof otherwise - like the wrong person touching it - then we will have to assume it is the real thing. And... thank you, Huntress. We will not let Aelinon fall into the wrong hands. There are turbulent times ahead... but with loyal citizens like yourself, we will make it through this. We have always thrived on the unity between species - and we have gone as far as we have through the work of men, not of gods. We will overcome this challenge once again."
In a matter of days, the new borders for the upcoming conflict would be drawn, and many would choose a side. It remained to be seen how things would play out from there.

Veris gave a frown as Angora once again mentioned the possibility of her leaving, slumping slightly. "Why would my human not want you? He will let you stay forever... yes? If I ask him, he will, yes?" He remained incapable of fathoming Angora not wanting to stay with him - unless she didn't like him. And certainly she wouldn't be nice to him if she didn't like him?
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1950 Posted: 22:52:27 12/03/2020
"We have faced many trials. This won't be any different your majesty. Whoever these people are, we won't let them win. I'll make sure I do the best I can to make sure the people don't doubt you." Huntress assured. Knowing that no matter how powerful weapons, resources and military tactics were, the loyalty of the people is what truly counted.

Veris gave a frown as Angora once again mentioned the possibility of her leaving, slumping slightly. "Why would my human not want you? He will let you stay forever... yes? If I ask him, he will, yes?" He remained incapable of fathoming Angora not wanting to stay with him - unless she didn't like him. And certainly she wouldn't be nice to him if she didn't like him?

Forever... the word lingered in Angora's mind. No temporary arrangement will please this wyvern. She has tried so hard to get the notion off his mind, but all attempts were failing.
"Well Veris, you talked with him, remember? He said he had to think it over. You may get along with me, but humans and trolls... not exactly the best combination. And if you recall, Sere and I had our differences before. Our opinions about many things clash often. I know he would let me stay for your sake... but... nothing is certain yet." Angora said, trying very hard not to stammer. Wyverns were a kind of dragon, which were notoriously stubborn, and Veris was showing it with flying colors.
---
First | Previous | Page 39 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me