Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Baptism by Lightning (legend of Orion. private)
First | Previous | Page 26 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 48 49 50
Baptism by Lightning (legend of Orion. private) [CLOSED]
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8585
#1251 Posted: 13:11:15 04/01/2020
Quote:
Darkheart shook her head with a sigh. Mischief would never be convinced Star wasn't a complete villain. She mumbled "Things are rarely in black and white... Something Latnok also needs to understand..." She asked Raclaw "Is your back feeling better?"

"It.. it is-- thank you.," Raclaw said looking up at Darkheart who at the moment portrayed more of her full height. The relaxed fur dragon briefly rubbed against his mate before staring deep into her eyes. "Tell me my love-- now that you know what I am, d-does it bother you? To know that you and I, legally, stand on different ground? Can you still accept someone like that?," he then asked physically relaxed but less so mentally. He didn't know if it was perhaps residue from when Darkheart had left before, but-- he needed to know. Could someone like Darkheart still accept someone who, legally, could never be their equal? Any court of law would see him as Latnok's first and Darkheart's second. And that was assuming they recognized dragon matings at all.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:39:00 04/01/2020 by redwes
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1252 Posted: 18:08:30 04/01/2020
Angora wasn't liking any of the conversations that were taking place. First Mischief felt offended by being compared to Star, whom Angora was very fond of at one point and while impulsive and prone to fatal mistakes like the last one, she didn't think of him as evil. And then Raclaw making that question to Darkheart about his status was so uncomfortable. Wasn't helping matters at all.
"Seems like we should be going now. We've had enough exitement for one day. Listen Mischief, I'll be sleeping with Shady tonight. Latnok gave lermission as a reward for helping earlier. You can go back to the cabin or stay with us..." Angora stated as she headed to where Shade was, wanting Mischief make the decision, but wanting both of them to leave the scene so that Raclaw and Darkheart's delicate conversation could be private. Plus she didn't want to waste any more valuable time she could be spending with Shade. She wanted Maverick to be there with them, but he was likely very asleep right now with his girlfriend, so it was better if he wasn't interrupted even though she knew he would want to take advantage of the moment too. Perhaps one day, when Shade keeps being rewarded like this.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1253 Posted: 22:13:39 04/01/2020
While allowing their conversation to take whatever course it may, Latnok would get to a task he was planning to do - fletching arrows. He sat down and reached into his bag, pulling out a large case and two sacks. He opened the case to reveal many arrows - with varying kinds of heads - without feathers, and opened each sack, revealing phoenix feathers in one and more conventional feathers in another. He had spent many arrows in the past few days, and hadto fletch new ones from time to time to make up for those.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1254 Posted: 00:17:31 05/01/2020
As she left Mischief to make a decision, Angora approached Shade, flinching at the possibility of too much affection from his part. She already bathed hard today after her humiliating experience earlier, and she wasn't planning on doing it again.
"We're fortunate to have this moment Shady. I wish Maverick was here, but he's probably asleep right now and I don't want to interrupt him." she stated as she approached him, wondering how Veris was doing right now. Was he secretly upset with her? She would have to make it up to him tomorrow, but there was no way she was going to miss this chance.
---
#1255 Posted: 00:33:14 05/01/2020
Meanwhile--- Chester watched Latnok with curiosity, seemingly observing the Guardian closely out of pure boredom. Elsewhere, Risar soon made it on deck having not been able to sleep for one reason or another. The minotaur had expected the deck to be mostly emtpy aside from the night crew, but had instead found seemingly everyone awake and alert. He stepped out and place himself near Latnok; he opted for small talk rather than remain quiet. "Risar sees you guys are up late. Couldn't sleep?," he then asked as he stared out onto the ocean.
---
darknessdawn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1476
#1256 Posted: 01:44:29 05/01/2020
Darkheart raised her head, Raclaw's question getting a look that seemed... Perhaps incredulous was the word. "My love... Perhaps I don't understand your question... But..." She pressed her head to his, voice dropping to a whisper. "Know you are now, and always will be, my beloved. Love cannot be destroyed by mere laws. Not true love..."
Mischief wondered whether to crack wise about Risar's speaking in third person about himself before following Angora. She decided it would be a bad idea, however amusing it would be in the moment. Besides, her other self kept causing her to speak in plural. "I don't know about the others... But I live on a very rapid sleep cycle. I wonder if that has anything to do with lifespan... Anyway, I was actually about to follow Angora. Talk to you guys soon." She turned and followed Angora to approach Shade. The vixen leaned into Shade. "Hi, Shade. Good to see you." She couldn't resist, she'd gone without physical contact a while and craved it again. Plus, Shade made for good cuddles. She got out her notebook and flipped through it. She eventually settled on her drawing of him. Then she sighed. "I know I drew this all of a few days ago at most... But it feels more like years. I've fought the Ishulgites, nearly gotten murdered by Latnok right after my transformation -"
"Evolution! It's called Evolution!" Digi snapped from inside the bag, still unhappy with Mischief for so thoroughly disrespecting his creator.
Mischief glanced in his direction. "Don't really care what exactly it's called, you're arguing semantics. Anyway, I've been through a lot. At least some people are nice to me. But I'll try and see if a change in appearance will let the crew at least not be afraid of me. I can look perfectly human. So I'll see if that will help them at all, if not... I suppose that's really their problem... And we've got bigger things to worry about... And then there's you, Shade... You're a mystery similar to mine, but a lot of your mystery has been solved. You've found your family, you know where you're from to an extent. Your family seems nice enough..."
---
Dark is not Evil, and Light is not Good.
Star the Zoroark at your disservice.
#1257 Posted: 01:59:24 05/01/2020
Quote:
Darkheart raised her head, Raclaw's question getting a look that seemed... Perhaps incredulous was the word. "My love... Perhaps I don't understand your question... But..." She pressed her head to his, voice dropping to a whisper. "Know you are now, and always will be, my beloved. Love cannot be destroyed by mere laws. Not true love..."

"That's all I needed to know... my love.," Raclaw whispered back as he began to snuggle in an affectinate matter. 'Love cannot be destroyed by mere laws.,' Darkheart's words echoed in the Fur Dragon's mind and perhaps Latnok's as well. It wasn't entirely obvious rather the thoughts were his own or Darkheart's, but things appeared to be going well...
---
#1258 Posted: 02:24:06 05/01/2020
Angora lied down besides Shade, using his belly as a pillow. It was harder than Veris' but much warmer. She wasn't liking the way Mischief was treating Digi, but instead of saying anything, she gave her a small glare the moment she talked to the machine, hoping it would be enough for her to demonstrate she didn't approve the treatment. As she contemplated on the day she had, she thinking about the Ishulgites. They were likely upset about today's defeat, but they could manage that, she had faith in their defeat as well. But even after that happens, there would still be something to be concerned about. She wondered whom she should tell about Veris wanted to do. Perhaps Raclaw? But he was busy enough already, and she doubted Latnok would allow it. Shade? No, he wasn't going to be happy about it, plus she didn't want Mischief to know either. Perhaps SereaosSeraos? No way! She was still upset with him after he threatened her with excecution.

But that memory reminded her of something extremely important. She got up abruptly.
"Banewood! Where is Banewood? Oh right, gotta remember that's not his name. But anyway, have you seen him?" she asked Shade, though she looked around, expecting anybody to answer. Was he back in the island or somewhere in the ship? She hasn't seen him in a while, and there was something she had to tell him...
---
#1259 Posted: 03:18:13 05/01/2020
Latnok gave a warm, soft smile. "That's good to hear. I would hope that such a statement is never put to the test - but we'll be ready, come whatever may." As he spoke, he fletched another arrow before setting it off to the side. Chester being nearby, he beckoned the beagle over for a bit of petting.
Laszur, already being up at this time naturally, didn't have anything to say about the others, so Latnok would also answer Risar's question. "I already got some sleep today. I figured I would get into a bit of battle prep until I needed more, if I felt I needed more. Can never be too prepared, after all." Looking at Risar's own digits, Latnok wondered if wielding a bow would ever be something feasible for a giant like him...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1260 Posted: 04:02:11 05/01/2020
Darkheart returned the affection, admitting "I'm still not used to this thing called love, but I will wholeheartedly accept it. And I accept any price for it, up to and including my life and my freedom. It will sustain me."

Mischief saw the glare and forced herself not to recoil. Then Banewood came up. "Wait, his name isn't Banewood? That strange wooden man? Interesting... Oh! Maybe he can help us make a golem! I'm sure he'd at least have the magickal might! And he's so willing to help stop the Ishulgites, and making the golem serves that cause nicely!" She wriggled, while Digi beeped and brought up an entry on Golem. A moment later he realized a better comparison would be the Regis or the Golett line.
"Mischief, may I help with design? I think I may have pertinent information." he requested.
Mischief tugs him out and tilts her head. "Designs? Like wh- ooh! Those are neat! Are those... Pokemon?"
"Correct, the first four are collectively known as the Legendary Golems. Regirock, the Rock Peak Pokemon, has a simple solution should it be damaged in battle. It picks up rocks and adds them to its body, though this gives it a pieced together look. Registeel, the Iron Pokemon. It's harder than any known metal, but lighter too. It's also apparently hollow. Regice, the Ice Pokemon. It's formed from ice of the last Ice Age, and is too cold to ever melt. Their maker, Regigigas, the Colossal Pokemon. He was said to have towed the continents with ropes, then built others like itself from ice, rock, and magma. Then there's Golett and Golurk, build too long ago to know exact times, to protect humans and Pokemon alike and animated by mystics. They run on an unknown energy, and remain fully operational to this day. Golurk in particular can even fly at mach speeds, but if the seal is removed it goes berserk."
Mischief's eyes widened. "Golett and Golurk are Pokemon equivalents to the Golems of this world!"
---
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8609
#1261 Posted: 05:01:01 05/01/2020 | Topic Creator
“I haven’t seen him sense the battle. What’s bothering you? I can sense it.” Shade said.
---
SC
#1262 Posted: 05:10:02 05/01/2020
Angora didn't see Banewood anywhere, and if he was on the island, she wasn't going to find him. But if he was on the ship, it was going to be very hard to find him anyway. She would look for him tomorrow. She wanted to sleep, spend this precious time with Shade... but Mischief tinkering with Digi, plus with these many people awake added with Darkheart and Raclaw's conversation. Not to mention she felt an urge to talk to Banewood right now. When Shade talked to her, she turned around to answer.
"I just need to talk to him is all. Nothing serious. I'll be right back Shady. Take care of Mischief while I'm gone. I need to do something really soon." Angora assured, about to ask Latnok if he knew where Banewood was, but he looked very distracted right now. Plus he already agreed to let Shade be with her, so she didn't want to risk him changing his mind or ruin his mood. She decided to go to the highest cabins, near where Sere's office was. If someone as important to the captain as Banewood was going to stay there, it was certainly going to be in the more luxurious ones.

Once she reached the hallway of the place, she wanted to try calling him, but if Sere was asleep, she didn't want to wake him. She then decided to try telepathy. It was going to be harder since she didn't know where the subject of her message was, but with how powerful the Guardians were, she was certain he would intercept it wherever he was.
"Mr. Bane... I mean, Mr. Julien? Or... Julian? Sir, may I please speak with you? It's Angora." she said with a focused mind, feeling so ridiculous talking to someone and not knowing where he was. All the doors looked the same, so she wasn't planning to knock on each of them even if there weren't so many. Plus if Julien was asleep, a knock on the door might be a slightly more abrupt awakening than a telepathic message.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:11:27 05/01/2020 by Felines
#1263 Posted: 06:32:35 05/01/2020
The sound of creaking footsteps could be heard before one of the doors was cracked open, revealing Julian. "Oh. Angora. I was wondering where that came from," he said, as he opened the door all the way to permit her in, stepping back into his room.
The room itself was relatively simple; no decoration, with a serviceable bed. The more notable features were the multiple workbenches and the various scientific tools, in seemingly much better shape than the bed, suggesting a more recent addition. On one of the workbenches at the moment was a fragment of hexwood surrounded in what seemed to be blood, possibly diluted to at least some extent.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1264 Posted: 13:34:57 05/01/2020
Quote:
Chester being nearby, he beckoned the beagle over for a bit of petting.
Laszur, already being up at this time naturally, didn't have anything to say about the others, so Latnok would also answer Risar's question. "I already got some sleep today. I figured I would get into a bit of battle prep until I needed more, if I felt I needed more. Can never be too prepared, after all." Looking at Risar's own digits, Latnok wondered if wielding a bow would ever be something feasible for a giant like him...

"Seems logical.," Risar noted as Chester answered Latnok's call-- the little Beagle positioning himself in the perfect place for dual petting. Latnok's observations would tell him that Risar processed the full five digits on each hand, with each finger probably processing more raw strength then most men. "I saw you fly today-- that was impressive work, you and Raclaw. Much potential and yet.. much restraint. Risar can tell that you have much respect for him; that's an admirable quality. You two work well together.," the Minotaur then said seemingly giving his praise towards the duo and towards Latnok's vast amount of respect towards someone who was legally less.. albeit willingly. The irony of his departure from captivity while the beloved Fur Dragon only flew towards it never escaped him. He briefly petted Chester, not forgetting about him.

Quote:
Darkheart returned the affection, admitting "I'm still not used to this thing called love, but I will wholeheartedly accept it. And I accept any price for it, up to and including my life and my freedom. It will sustain me."

"Hopefully-- we never have to test that statement, but.. but I am glad to have you. And your love.," Raclaw responded with a gentle smile as he looked Darkheart in the eyes. At least for the time being, Darkheart was still legally free and wild. And unknown to the Aulinon government to whom he and Latnok would eventually have to inform of their status. Owner, Master, Caretaker, Guardian-- such were applicable terms in the eyes of the law. And as for himself-- Pet, Companion, Furry Friend.. Mount? Perhaps.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:37:04 05/01/2020 by redwes
#1265 Posted: 16:19:37 05/01/2020
Quote: A Guy
The sound of creaking footsteps could be heard before one of the doors was cracked open, revealing Julian. "Oh. Angora. I was wondering where that came from," he said, as he opened the door all the way to permit her in, stepping back into his room.
The room itself was relatively simple; no decoration, with a serviceable bed. The more notable features were the multiple workbenches and the various scientific tools, in seemingly much better shape than the bed, suggesting a more recent addition. On one of the workbenches at the moment was a fragment of hexwood surrounded in what seemed to be blood, possibly diluted to at least some extent.

Angora accepted the invitation, taking a little time to contemplate his room. It was far simpler than she would've expected from a man like him. And what was that... red stain? Could it be? She decided not to make a big deal out of it and did what she came for.
"Hey sir. So sorry for interrupting you this late at night, but I wasn't going to be able to sleep until I told you this." she apologized, immediately afterwards getting straight to the point after a brief pause.

"I... forgot to thank you for earlier. Sere... he was going to execute me even after I finally decided to be honest with him. I... would be dead by now if you hadn't stood up for me. Barely anyone ever does that. I'm just a stupid, troublesome troll for so many. I know Sere would've gone through with it... if it wasn't for you. You saved me. So... yeah. Thank you. Thank you." Angora said with her hand behind her head and some embarrassment, almost blushing. Why would Banewood do that? She was a troll, and he was a Guardian, humans that hated her kind as far as she could tell. But whatever the reason, Banewood literally saved her life, and she was very grateful.
---
#1266 Posted: 16:48:17 05/01/2020
Julian took a few deep breaths, looking down in contemplation as he sat on a bench. "You're welcome. It's the least I can do after what I've done - try to set things right. When all is said and done, Godfather Sere will always highly value the lives of his men - and as a result, if you somehow are deemed by him to not fall within that group, and you have proven, in his mind, to be a threat to them, you become a threat to be neutralized. That gambit probably wouldn't have worked if there wasn't a practical way to immediately demonstrate that you could still be a valuable asset - a net positive."
Julian took a quick look at the vial before returning to Angora. "I'm on borrowed time. The hexwood - it is a parasite. It works to consume me as it attempts to take control of me. As its host, I am maintained by it for a time, in its own best interest - which was essential for my survival at the time. As it attempts to hijack my faculties, I can overpower it and control it for a time - but sooner or later, it will either reach and consume my heart, or, more ideally for the plant itself, finally overpower my mind, and take me somewhere it can finish the job and plant itself anew. I have done some research on the thing, and have prolonged my survival - unless I can find a cure, however, one that will allow me to replace the hexwood with something else, my death is inevitable. With that in mind, I try to do as much with the time I have as I can. You want to do the right thing - and I feel that you deserve the opportunity to do so. I just pray you don't have to take the drastic measures I have had to." Julian, rather than concerned, seemed to have accepted the idea of his impending death, and spoke completely matter-of-factly.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1267 Posted: 17:15:53 05/01/2020
Angora gulped at the explanation. Basically what Banewood was telling her was that he was essentially a living corpse, about to be consumed by the very thing that was keeping him alive right now. And she thought she had predicaments.
"Those people... they are, so horrible if they made you go through this. And wanting to commit genocide for their perfect world... I WON'T allow it!" Angora said angrily, feeling like strangling an Ishulgite right about now.

"If there is any way to help, please let me know. I owe you so much sir. Not only did you save me from Sere. But if you hadn't arrived and warned me in time about them, I'd be at their mercy right now. And Maverick too. I can't even begin to imagine what they would've done to us. Part of me wants to blame Sere and Latnok for making me so easily manipulated. If they hadn't been so cruel to me, I wouldn't have considered their offer. But I was so desperate to make all the harsh treatment stop. To return to the life I once had with Shady and Maverick. But... it's my fault. I know that now. I should've had better judgement than I did. All they were offering, it was way too good to be true." Angora commented, contemplating everything and realizing what an utter fool she was for believing their lies. It was a shameful moment. She owed a lot to Banewood, and she was going to make sure she could help him any way she could.
---
#1268 Posted: 20:46:20 05/01/2020
Julian nodded. "I'm happy to have done my part to help. For now, we stay the course. We are going to target the area the Void Locator is likely being kept - if we can wrest control of it or disable it, we will significantly impact the ability of the Ishulgites to cast the larger spells throughout various places on the island. Most notably, this would include the storm around this place - travel would be free again." It was a bold plan, Julian figured - but he could see why the people would be up for it.

Meanwhile, in Aelinon, citizens continued their preparations for the harsh winter. There were already signs of a blizzard in the coming days - there was little time to lose before then. This was most notably a concern for the humans living on the surface - most merfolk elected to live underwater, and most galuds lived underground.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1269 Posted: 21:03:09 05/01/2020
Angora nodded, knowing how deadly the plan was, but after navigating inside the nostrils of a forsaken monster, she felt ready for anything.
"Well I hope the death of that thing back there is enough to convince them we're not going to let them go through with their sadistic plan. I have to be cautious though. When I told them from the orb I wouldn't be coming to them... well, they took it as a severe betrayal." Angora stated, though she imagined Banewood knew that too well. And she knew she had to watch her back thoroughly. With all he has told her, she had something that the Ishulgites wanted, something vital for their plan. She had to avoid capture at all cost, but also watch over her friends in case they were targeted too.
---
#1270 Posted: 01:39:01 06/01/2020
"Potential... yeah, I guess," Latnok said reluctantly. "Still, it's something I would be careful about doing more frequently. It's important to... keep a balance, a the very least. Such a thing would need some limits set." Latnok wasn't fully comfortable with the idea - he'd be willing to try it more if and only if Raclaw wanted to. Latnok considered the observation rather ironic from someone who had a history in captivity.

"I would watch your back if I were you," Julian answered. "Most of the people here are here to get paid, so I think you'd be safe here for the most part... but watch out for others. If it's a tempting offer, or it's otherwise meant to get you alone, think really thoroughly about it. The Ishulgites tried to play nice with you - but their attempts were eventually subverted before they could get what they needed. Don't put yourself in a position where they can force you to do anything."
As Julian spoke, he looked back at the vial. The wooden piece had grown slightly larger. This wouldn't be the solution he needed to stop the takeover process. The regeneration he could get by sleeping and meditating would help fight the effects - but there was only so much he could do.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1271 Posted: 02:44:58 06/01/2020
Angora didn't need to be told twice about needing to watch her back. The Ishulgies tried to get her in the kind way, and after the release of the beast they killed today, they were going to try the hard way. Remembering how they talked to her with the orb, she remembered she still had it.
"This orb... is there a chance they can communicate through it again? Cause if that's the case, I... I'm willing to get rid of it." she said painfully, the orb practically part of her childhood. It added to her hatred for the Ishulgites for turning it into an object to manipulate her. As she awaited for Banewood's answer, she was thinking of finding a way to protect Maverick. He could be the most vulnerable to kidnapping. They did it once, and while they returned him safe and sound, they were being nasty this time, and firmly believed they would resort to something as low as kidnapping for ransom.
---
#1272 Posted: 02:56:54 06/01/2020
"The communication spell has been undone. The orb should be safe once again," Julian answered. "Though 'safe' is relative here... that is a rather odd artifact. I can't say I've felt similar magic before - that unusual nature is what made the added spell easy to isolate." With the orb having been with Angora for awhile, Julian figured she at least had some idea of how to control it - such a thing wasn't his concern for the moment
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1273 Posted: 03:01:32 06/01/2020
Quote:
"Potential... yeah, I guess," Latnok said reluctantly. "Still, it's something I would be careful about doing more frequently. It's important to... keep a balance, a the very least. Such a thing would need some limits set." Latnok wasn't fully comfortable with the idea - he'd be willing to try it more if and only if Raclaw wanted to. Latnok considered the observation rather ironic from someone who had a history in captivity.

"You know-- you sometimes remind Risar of his old master. You and him were very similar in many regards; he respected me and he at times treated me more like a friend than as his property. Sure, I fought for him. And sure, I occasionally tested his drinks for poison. But that wasn't always the case-- sometimes we would just talk and sometimes I feel as if he had insisted on keeping me not because of what I was, but because of who I was. I wasn't just his pet or his slave or his companion. At times, I was almost.. more to him. It was him who encouraged me to read more, to learn more, to..," Risar responded before pausing and gathering his thoughts. He briefly glanced between Latnok, the collared Chester, and the currently peaceful ocean.

"Did you know, Minotaurs are encouraged not to refer to themselves in first person? The controlling governments where I come from-- they feel as such a thing would only give more hope and encourage potential uprisings.. or so I'm told. We are taught at a young age that such formalities are not for us and that we are not deserving of such a luxury. But Master Kenobi wanted more for me. He taught me to begin referring to myself in such a matter, so long as doing so wouldn't get me into hot water. But admittingly-- Risar has a habit to fall back to old formalities and allowing such instincts to take over is simply easier at times.," he then admitted before briefly glancing at Raclaw. "But that is neither here or there; the point is.. Risar can see why Raclaw chose you. You're a gentle soul and a good friend. You should consider yourself fortunate, just as I'm sure he does to have you as company.," he then concluded having unexpectedly gotten carried away in his explanation. A small part of him thought back to his initial 'training' and how the first person had been struck out of him. He briefly winced at the memory, the specifics being unclear due to Raclaw's currently being distracted.
---
#1274 Posted: 03:26:02 06/01/2020
"The communication spell has been undone. The orb should be safe once again," Julian answered. "Though 'safe' is relative here... that is a rather odd artifact. I can't say I've felt similar magic before - that unusual nature is what made the added spell easy to isolate." With the orb having been with Angora for awhile, Julian figured she at least had some idea of how to control it - such a thing wasn't his concern for the moment

Angora was very relieved to hear that... though with Julien's tone of voice, it was still wise to exercise caution around it. Realizing how late it was and how much time she could've spent with Shade, she decided to leave at last.
"Ok sir. I won't take any more of your time. Thank you once again, and good night." she said politely, proceeding to see herself out. Julien was truly a marvelous person for being this patient with her, but also for saving her life, someone he barely knew. If only she could help him with his predicament. It was so awful what was happening to him.
---
#1275 Posted: 06:59:24 06/01/2020
Darkheart remained quiet, simply enjoying cuddling for a bit. When she next spoke, she simply noted "My heart is yours for the taking. Take good care of it. I can ensure... That you will be safe. And there are ways to ensure we're never torn apart. Ever." She teasingly licked his forehead.

Mischief was quite happy to cuddle, but once again found herself frustrated by Angora just wandering off without her. She grumbled to Shade "She just keeps wandering off. And she doesn't ever tell me where she's going! I understand she's trying to protect me from trouble, but I can generally take care of myself. Not to mention I want to protect her. Is it too much to ask she at least let me join her so I can help?"
---
#1276 Posted: 20:47:38 06/01/2020
Angora returned to the main deck and back to Shade and Mischief, not hearing what the latter just said.
"Well, I'm good now. Hope you two are ready to sleep, cause after a day like today, I could sleep like sixteen hours." Angora said with a yawn, wishing she could talk with Shade for a while, but despite taking a brief nap earlier in the afternoon, she was still too exhausted. She made herself comfortable on Shade's belly, remembering Veris and feeling a little bad for him, but she couldn't waste these moments with the dragolet.

Maverick couldn't be more asleep. With his lack of snoring, it was hard to know when he was there. Dahlia was asleep, but secretly alert, and it was characteristic in all her species.
---
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8609
#1277 Posted: 23:07:50 06/01/2020 | Topic Creator
"She can take care of her self Mischief. I feel the same way but shes tough. I got us into more trouble by being overprotective over her and Maverick. It's what landed me here with this blasted collar on." Shade said. "Come take a nap. You seem like you need it."
---
SC
#1278 Posted: 23:20:15 06/01/2020
Latnok gave a satisfied nod, Risar having answered a question about something he had long answered about. "I' seemed to be something for when he was focusing more on himself as an individual. A suppression of the sense of individuality - such a thing was useful for fostering integration into a team environment, but Latnok realized i could also be used to strip away the will of the individual and facilitate their enslavement.
"Gentle - that's not something I've heard before... but then again, I've never quite had a friend like Raclaw. Honestly... I wish I didn't have to be harsh as often as I did. Peoples' lives depend on the job I do, though - both those I fight with and those we protect. I already let my feelings get in the way of that mission once - and two of my allies paid the price for it. One of these days - if I'm not killed before then - I won't have to worry about that sort of thing. Until then, I do what I have to... but seeing how things are with Raclaw now, I have to start thinking more of the future." Latnok wasn't expecting to share quitea s much of his internal thoughts as he had with Raclaw, though perhaps the minotaur's own opening up encouraged the same from him.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1279 Posted: 00:17:39 07/01/2020
As Angora prepared to sleep, she could see Latnok in some deep conversation with Risar and his other companions, but she made no effort to eavesdrop on them, even if she was curious about the conversation. After assuring the orb in her pocket, she closed her eyes. Despite all her worries, she closed her eyes without a single nightmare to plague her stressed mind. Perhaps because she was sleeping with Shade? She did heard Shepherd for a moment, calling her traitor. But despite the uneasiness, she only heard the voice once and continued sleeping. He only other dream that night was Veris pinning her to the ground, treating her as captured prey, but licking her instead of eating her. It wasn't a nightmare. But it still reminded Angora the possible scenario that was waiting for her once they reached the main land.

Unlike the troll, Maverick didn't have any kind of dreams. He slept smoothly and soundly throughout the whole night, despite having a few worries himself...
---
#1280 Posted: 00:24:20 07/01/2020
"The Future...," Risar began to say briefly glancing at the more-than-distracted Raclaw. "Risar never thought of the future-- he was happy with Master Kenobi; he was content. But then something changed and Ri.. I had began to want more, although I didn't initially think much of it. That was until the merchant offered to buy me, offered to 'free' me in a sense. Risar said yes, but Master.. Master said no. And so as much as I liked my than current master, I went anyway and left in the middle of the night. The Marchant, a free Minotaur himself, had seemingly waited for me as if he had known what I was planning. Risar kept his armor and his weapons-- all gifts from Master. And the nose ring of course, such things do not come out easily. But Risar had finally made his own decision; Risar had chosen freedom. And so Slave Risar became Crew Member Risar became Risar for Hire. And I've used my skills and expertise since.," the minotaur then said briefly placing a hand on his shoulder.. the same shoulder he could occasionally be seen holding.

"Truth be told; I sometimes miss Master. I sometimes miss the simplicity of my old life, but appreciate the new adventures and new experiences I now get to experience be it freelance or as part of a crew. And you and Raclaw-- you are now two individuals who have become one; have become a team. He likes you, I can tell that much. And although I can't say what lies in your future, I can tell you this. Keep treating each with respect, keep expanding your horizons, and.. and you will go far in life. I would've once never imagined my life as it is now, just as you have allowed both yourself and Raclaw to experience new things. The love between a master and pet is a strong one and although you two are much more than that-- it can serve as the basis to a powerful bond and much potential indeed. I had chosen to separate from my old master, but I still use and respect the knowledge he gave me on a daily basis.," Risar than said presenting his rather interesting perspective on the whole thing.

Meanwhile...Quote:
Darkheart remained quiet, simply enjoying cuddling for a bit. When she next spoke, she simply noted "My heart is yours for the taking. Take good care of it. I can ensure... That you will be safe. And there are ways to ensure we're never torn apart. Ever." She teasingly licked his forehead.

Raclaw blushed from all the inception, but happily accepted it and began to cuddle once more...
---
#1281 Posted: 00:47:04 07/01/2020
Despite the cold breeze from that night, Angora slept all the way through the night shortly after Latnok and company decided it was time to sleep themselves. Using Shade's belly as a pillow and his tail as a blanket, there was no need for a bed. When she woke up, there was Shade and Mischief, sleeping alongside her. They looked so peaceful, and nothing seemed out of place. Looks like the Ishulgites didn't try anything that night after all, though no surprise there after yesterday's brutal defeat. She imagine they never expected such small little group to triumph over such foe. But enough reminiscing about the past. It was time to start today.

The sun still wasn't out, but the sky was grey instead of black, indicating the morning sun was going to come soon. As was routine, Angora headed to the kitchen first. She was about to cook something quick for herself, but decided for Maverick or Latnok to make breakfast. She did however, took some small pieces of raw bacon in order to kill some hunger while she waited for the main course. And now with something in her stomach, it was Veris' turn. Since she was already near the bacon, she took the usual tray and filled it with that, combining them with some fish. Couldn't be red meat all the time, so Angora believed Veris would go well with a more varied diet.

Once outside Veris' pen, Angora was rather nervous. She didn't want to know how Veris slept last night, since he sounded so disappointed about her not staying. But there wasn't anything she could do over something that already happened. She knocked on the door to slowly wake him up.
"Breakfast!" she called, sliding the tray near him once she entered. Although it was strange to still be cautious around someone whose language she could understand now, Angora still didn't want to take the risk of getting in the way of those jaws in one of the wyvern's impulsive eating.
---
#1282 Posted: 06:00:36 07/01/2020
Veris charged and bolted down his food in the typical manner, before looking at Angora expectantly. "Good morning, Angora! Are you okay? What will we do today? The other dragon creature - you are done with him for now? Let's do something!" he pressed, relieved to see Angora return to him as she said she would. But of course she did - there was no way she could prefer Shade to him, right?
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1283 Posted: 06:30:09 07/01/2020
Veris attacked the food so voraciously Angora thought for a moment he was going to swallow the tray. Once he calmed down and talked to her, she decided to let him choose today's activity.
"Don't get too exited Veris. Wait to digest the food. After you do, well, we can do something. We can go outside right now for some fresh air and sun. Morning hasn't come out yet. Or we could do something else here?" Angora asked, really not minding what they did today. She was doing the exact same opposite of what she wanted to do, which was to interact less with Veris, but she felt rather guilty about rejecting him last night she wanted to make it up to him, but hopefully for just today. The more she spend time with him, the harder it will be for him to say goodbye, at least assuming Sere wasn't going to want her as his beloved wyvern's permanent caretaker. Still, there was still a chance of that, which she wasn't really looking forward to. As she waited for the wyvern's reply, she just noticed how Veris referred to Shade as the other dragon creature instead of his name. Clearly that must've meant jealousy, doesn't it?

In Ilasi's room, Maverick was waking up with a smile. That was a very pleasant sleep. He could see two of his girls there, still sleeping soundly. While Dahlia's ears were alert, she still looked pleasantly asleep, at least as deeply as a dirt buffalo could do. Leaving the room very carefully to avoid waking them, Maverick headed to the kitchen to cook a hearty breakfast for them. It was stil rather early, but since he wanted to get out of the task already, he decided to cook for the entire crew again. Many, if not all were fond of his cooking, and after yesterday's victory, they deserved something yummy.
---
#1284 Posted: 10:33:35 07/01/2020
Mischief woke up slowly, ears twitching as she stretched out, yawning wide. She looked up. "Angora? Blast. She's gone again." The vixen rose to her feet. Looking around, she didn't see Angora anywhere nearby. Frustrated, she tapped her foot a few times before starting to walk. She went to the kitchen first, and practically walked right into Maverick. "Oh, hello Maverick! Good to s-" she stopped midsentence, her keen nose detecting what the hybrid was cooking. Her stomach growled, as it often did. "Mmmmmm... That smells good..." She watched as he cooked, trying not to drool.

Darkheart continued her cuddling. It wasn't like she had something she'd prefer over being with her beloved.
---
#1285 Posted: 12:36:22 07/01/2020
Veris was content with just about anything right now, not having decided any particular thing he wanted to do. He was sure ideas would come as they moved along. "Outside - that is a good idea. We will rest there! Maybe I will see my human there." Veris didn't know much, but did feel that maybe Sere and Angora talking more would be a good thing.

Latnok, despite having been up earlier that night, was up and at it at his usual time. Quickly getting ready, he was out on the deck before long, Perhaps he would start the morning with a few warm-up spells. Hopefully Raclaw was enjoying his sleep.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:54:55 07/01/2020 by A Guy
#1286 Posted: 22:42:17 07/01/2020
Raclaw, after having cuddled with his beloved Darkheart, had lovingly offered a last sign of affection before returning to his room to sleep alongside the now awake Latnok. The Fur Dragon companion could not be seen following his human counterpart and was presumably still asleep...

Risar was actuvely arriving on deck, while Chester was still wrapped in the living blanket that was Raclaw.
---
#1287 Posted: 01:03:51 09/01/2020
Veris was content with just about anything right now, not having decided any particular thing he wanted to do. He was sure ideas would come as they moved along. "Outside - that is a good idea. We will rest there! Maybe I will see my human there." Veris didn't know much, but did feel that maybe Sere and Angora talking more would be a good thing.

Angora nodded, opening the enclosure and becoming him to come. Sere barely visited him anymore, the only time recently was only to use him for battle yesterday, so not figuring out his plan, Angora believed he missed some real quality time with his master. Or was it that... he was planning to talk to him? Raclaw was on the main deck often, so maybe...?

Quote: darknessdawn
Mischief woke up slowly, ears twitching as she stretched out, yawning wide. She looked up. "Angora? Blast. She's gone again." The vixen rose to her feet. Looking around, she didn't see Angora anywhere nearby. Frustrated, she tapped her foot a few times before starting to walk. She went to the kitchen first, and practically walked right into Maverick. "Oh, hello Maverick! Good to s-" she stopped midsentence, her keen nose detecting what the hybrid was cooking. Her stomach growled, as it often did. "Mmmmmm... That smells good..." She watched as he cooked, trying not to drool..

Maverick was starting to wonder if he was having too many coincidences with Mischief visiting or if she just headed to the kitchen often.
"Paciencia Mischief. Breakfast is barely starting. How is everything today? After yesterday, I could use a little vacation, even if it's right here on the ship." Maverick commented, still feeling overwhelmed with what happened today.
---
#1288 Posted: 13:47:29 09/01/2020
Veris followed along, happily taking in the dawn environment. The climate was a major boon to him; it was generally warm on the archipelago, even with the season.
Sere soon stepped out on deck himself, observing the goings-on of the morning. Today would be a day mostly of travel and preparation, barring any unforeseen circumstances. Seeing Veris out on the deck, he gave a nod of acknowledgement, satisfied with the care his wyvern was receiving.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1289 Posted: 15:56:39 09/01/2020
Veris looked like he was really enjoying himself. He got out yesterday, but didn't have a chance to enjoy the sun in the midst of the battle. As a reptile, this did him good. She saw his scales, and the wounds seemed to be healing splendidly. He didn't need magic or bandages most of the time for what she could see. When Sere entered the deck, he nodded, but Angora didn't know if it was to her or Veris. It didn't matter. Angora has been hoping he hadn't seen them, since that meant the Guardian would see how much care she was still providing to his valuable mount, thus increasing the chances of him accepting the two legged dragon's request. She didn't see Raclaw anywhere so far, so for now, a request couldn't be made. She could traduce for him, but nobody knew yet on her new ability, plus Raclaw, being practically Latnok's dragon now, would be much more trustworthy in the matter.

Back at the kitchen, most of the food was done. Maverick started preparing the tray while waiting for the rest to be done, all while watching over Mischief and prevent her from sneaking a bite.
"Ok, choose your platter now Mischief. After a day like yesterday, you and all the sailors must be very hungry." he accepted, being hard to watch her and prepare the food at the same time.
"Just don't choose these platters. They are already for someone else's." Maverick explained, having Ilasi, Angora and Shade's platters apart, and of course Raclaw and Chester's bowls. Dahlia's meal was left, but he could prepare it in a moment after the rest was done.
---
#1290 Posted: 21:37:05 09/01/2020
Darkheart had curled up comfortably in an out-of-the-way spot on deck after her love went to bed. The dark dragoness watched the sunrise and covered her problematically sensitive eyes to protect them from the light.

Mischief had wriggled a bit in anticipation as she watched Maverick cook. Eagerly grabbing a platter, she noted "Out of all my meals, the ones you make are by far the best!" She leaned against a wall to eat, churring happily. She enjoyed eating to begin with, but Maverick's cooking was excellent, as anyone would agree.
---
#1291 Posted: 22:38:45 09/01/2020
Angora continued searching around the main deck for Raclaw to give him a heads up about what Veris would request from him, but she only saw Darkheart, leading her to believe Rackaw wasn't on the main deck, so he was likely still asleep in Latnok's cabin. Veris looked content, so he probably wasn't in the mood for some exercise. Good thing too since Angora wasn't in the mood for some action either. She saw Shade and wanted to greet him, though the permission probably was only during last night, so she didn't take the risk. She tried to calm herself as she waited for breakfast, but the situation had her anxious. She knew she should be more concerned about the Ishulgites, and a possible retialation, but since the defeat of the beast, she trusted whatever had in store for them, they will be ready. It was the unforeseen future after the voyage she was worried about...

At the kitchen, food was finally ready. Maverick prepared a platter of oats for Dahlia and left the cart hidden so that he wouldn't have to drag it all the way if he was going to deliver just two platters this time. He headed to Ilasi's cabin, where Dahlia was already awake.
"Good morning mis chicas. Did you take good care of Ilasi Dahlia?" he asked his beloved mount, bringing her the oats, while he left Ilasi's breakfast on the small table besides her bed in case she was still asleep. It was a beautifully decorated French toast with scrambled eggs and some ham.
---
#1292 Posted: 02:38:50 10/01/2020
Ilasi had just begun to wake up, slowly climbing out of ed, when Maverick came in the room - with his delicious cooking, as always. It took her awhile to register the smell of the food, having just woken up, but it was delightfully pleasant.
Oh... good morning, dear," Ilasi said, still slightly groggy but warming up. "I made sure Dahlia didn't go anywhere." Of course, she would have been incapable of managing such a feat in her sleep, but it was the thought that counted. Her mouth watered slightly as Maverick's food and its wonderful aroma filled the room more thoroughly. This was something she could get used to for a long time... hopefully, it would be a long time. With such a thought, she also began to wonder what their theoretical family would look like...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1293 Posted: 03:08:35 10/01/2020
Maverick smiled, always loving when he pleased his girlfriend so much. As much as he wanted to stay, there was still a matter to attend to.
"Buen provecho Ilasi. I'm going to distribute the cart now. Cooked for the entire crew again. After a day like yesterday, I figured they could use the meal." he commented, ready to leave the room before remembering something else.
"Oh, and after you're finished, you can take Dahlia to her enclosure. She won't give you any trouble. I wish she could stay here, but you know, I don't want to risk the room being a mess." he expressed, knowing Dahlia wasn't the destructive type, but could accidentally make a mess with her horns and size.

Giving his darling a quick kiss on the lips, Maverick left the cabin to retrieve the cart and distribute the plates among the sailors. After much time doing it alone, Maverick didn't have much difficulty getting the cart up the stairs. After reaching the main deck, Veris was one of the first individuals he saw, and got quite worried.
"Buenos dias Angorita. I see you took Veris out for a while." he greeted, trying to keep the cart as far away as possible. Even if Angora already gave him breakfast, Veris' appetite was practically legendary by now.
"Morning Maverick. Heh, I knew you were going to cook today." Angora said smiling, Maverick's presence improving her mood a little. Maverick then gave her meal, carefully prepared just for her. He knew what she liked. Understanding Maverick's concerned, Angora got between him and the wyvern in case the glutton wanted to munch on a few of the sailor's platters, although she was certain the big lug would beg for some of her food...
---
#1294 Posted: 03:53:25 10/01/2020
As Maverick rolled the cart through the hallways-- the smell of the food soon lofted through the air and into the sensitive nose of Chester whom soon awoke. "I.. I smell Maverick's cooking!.," the little Beagle accidently 'barked' out loud waking up his larger dragon companion in the process. "Chester, Chester... one more minute. Ugh-- fine, let's go.," Raclaw then said getting out of bed and heading through the hallways alongside the very much hungry hound. "Morning.," a passing crew member said. "Nice flight out there!," another said as they soon stepped out on the open deck. As the two canines stepped out-- Chester managed to lead Raclaw right to Maverick's food cart with much haste and little issue, the hunting dog showing his skills well. Chester patiently sat and let Raclaw do the talking. "Morning Maverick-- our usual and a plate for Latnok if he hasn't gotten his yet.," the Fur Dragon said with his usual gentle smile.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:55:25 10/01/2020 by redwes
#1295 Posted: 05:10:47 10/01/2020
Veris stayed settled in place, tempted to eat all of the food available but knowing the others would be less than pleased. Instead, he stared longingly at the mouth-watering meals, their enticing scent tickling his nostrils. Perhaps if Angora didn't want all of her food, he would ask her for some. For now, though, he would have to remain where he was and wait patiently.

After thoroughly enjoying her meal, Ilasi began to get prepared for the morning, getting dressed in her usual attire. One of the more mundane things her magic allowed was the quick washing and drying of clothes - she always had something to wear. Perhaps it was a service she could grant Maverick some time, if he'd let her.
She would have to inventory the infirmary; in addition to casualty care, Julian regularly used supplies from there for his research, so she would have to see what was still on hand. For now, however, she had a dirt buffalo to put away.
"Come on, Dahlia," Ilasi called over, beckoning as she opened the door. They would have a chance to keep each other company later; for now, Dahlia needed a place to stay while everyone else was busy.

Julian would step out on deck not long after the distribution of food. As good as it smelled, he wasn't hungry at the moment - his own experiments having taken away his appetite as a side effect. Instead, he would eat later when he felt a bit better. For now, they needed to get ready for the battle ahead.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1296 Posted: 05:30:07 10/01/2020
Dahlia followed Ilasi without question, feeling very pleased with the way the night went and for the meal earlier. She had nothing to complain about. As pleasant and cozy Ilasi's room was, it was very small for her, and since both Ilasi and Maverick had to work, she would be alone for a while, and if she was going to be alone anyway, then better in a place where it had plenty of space. She could eat the hay that was distributed there. She had water from yesterday, which was still clean, and her usual sleeping spot for when she wanted a nap. She let Ilasi go, letting her know though body language she would be alright, though she wished she could be with her and Maverick to protect her. Something was telling her the battle from yesterday wasn't the last of it...

Veris stayed settled in place, tempted to eat all of the food available but knowing the others would be less than pleased. Instead, he stared longingly at the mouth-watering meals, their enticing scent tickling his nostrils. Perhaps if Angora didn't want all of her food, he would ask her for some. For now, though, he would have to remain where he was and wait patiently.

Angora saw Raclaw finally making an appearance at the main deck, and she was quite worried. Maybe today was the day Veris would make the request, but when she looked at the wyvern, he looked more focused on the food tray than him.
"Hey hey, control your tongue Veris. Others have to eat too." she said, trying to push him away. She wondered where Veris put it all. He looked like he was always hungry, but maybe it was just greed. She didn't want to share her food, but knew that Veris, indirectly or not, would want his share.

Quote: redwes
As Maverick rolled the cart through the hallways-- the smell of the food soon lofted through the air and into the sensitive nose of Chester whom soon awoke. "I.. I smell Maverick's cooking!.," the little Beagle accidently 'barked' out loud waking up his larger dragon companion in the process. "Chester, Chester... one more minute. Ugh-- fine, let's go.," Raclaw then said getting out of bed and heading through the hallways alongside the very much hungry hound. "Morning.," a passing crew member said. "Nice flight out there!," another said as they soon stepped out on the open deck. As the two canines stepped out-- Chester managed to lead Raclaw right to Maverick's food cart with much haste and little issue, the hunting dog showing his skills well. Chester patiently sat and let Raclaw do the talking. "Morning Maverick-- our usual and a plate for Latnok if he hasn't gotten his yet.," the Fur Dragon said with his usual gentle smile.

Maverick handed the food and water bowls for Raclaw,mwhile he put Chester's on the floor for the beagle to reach.
"Buenos dias Raclaw. Got you an extra ration today. After yesterday's battle, you could use some extra. Señor Latnok can choose his platter, unless you want to choose one for him?" Maverick asked, figuring that with how much time those two spent together, they would know much of each other's preferences.
---
#1297 Posted: 14:41:03 10/01/2020
"Thank you.," Raclaw responded as he looked over the cart for a suitable platter for Latnok. "If I know him and I should by now-- that one.," the Fur Dragon then said pointing out a platter that had the most ideal assortment based off what he had previously seen his best friend and now part time rider eat. Fortunately, his back was feeling much better after Darkheart's massages and a good night's rest. He didn't regret it though.. and had known that such an act would become a possibility the moment he gave his collar. Most owners wouldn't have waited so long, but Latnok was no originary owner nor he an originary pet. He may have been legally owned, but Latnok's respect had only grown for him.

Chester offered a friendly bark as a thank-you, while Risar soon showed up to claim his platter-- the usual meaty affair. "Impressive, as always.," the Minotaur complimented while offering Raclaw a friendly nod. The irony remained strong; both had known what it was like to be in captivity although only one of them had ran back towards it. "Impressive flying out there-- it was your fire that hit the mark when no other weapon could.," Risar said complimenting the Fur Dragon. "Thanks, but it wasn't just me. I couldn't do what I do without Latnok-- it's his force magic that allows my fire to perform so well at such a distance.," Raclaw responded. "Still, he wouldn't have been able to line a shot up at all had it not been for your wings and your back. Risar sees that Maverick gave you an extra ration today-- that's good. You deserve it.," Risar then said noting the dog-dragon's extra full bowl. Both he and Raclaw had no doubt been trained well in their youth, as shown by both their respective tendencies. No matter.. it added character.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:47:16 10/01/2020 by redwes
#1298 Posted: 21:37:45 10/01/2020
"De nada, and buen provecho mis amigos. I'm going to distribute the rest." Maverick commented, feeling sort that he missed Latnok riding Raclaw at last. It was bound to happen. Must've been quite a sight. Speaking of which, he still didn't know what Angora's part was. Usually, she would talk about it in order to have the Guardians respect her even if just a bit, but she seemed to want to avoid the subject. When he saw her return, she looked all... viscous? Just what happened out there? He knew he missed one heck of a battle, but Angora's contribution was still a mystery.

There would be time to ask about it though. For now, it was time to distribute the food. Shade was the nearest. Maverick pointed at a very large platter with meat, which he has secretly statched with fish so that the dragolet would get use to the flavor and not depend too much on meat. Although fortunately, he didn't eat nowhere near as much as the ironically smaller Veris. Perhaps wyverns had a much faster metabolism? Whatever the case, he was glad that the mount was somewhat trained to control his impulses, and it never stopped being impressive how much he obeyed Angora and how fond he seemed to be of her.
---
#1299 Posted: 02:38:11 11/01/2020
With Dahlia safely secured, Ilasi headed off to the deck to begin her daily water purification. The day, while not as hectic as yesterday, was likely to be a busy one. Already fed, she would head straight to her job, not needing another meal.
The same could not be said for Veris. He backed off obediently as Angora pushed him away, though he still longed for some of the food. Perhaps he would get a chance later - for now, he found a spot on the deck to relax as the sky slowly became brighter with the coming morning.

Sere would wait a little longer for everyone to have a meal before he gave the morning briefing. So far, everything looked in order - at the very least, they weren't under attack. If they were right, the failed attack on the island would have taken a lot of wind out of the enemy's sails. They were likely to face more of the cultists themselves rather than the ishiuds in their counterattack, by Julian's predictions.
Laszur was tired, but he would stick around a bit longer for the morning briefing. He had a lead on a certain vandal - but that was probably something he'd wrap up after he had a rest. Leoquin, in the meantime, was soon out on deck himself - clamoring for a plate before all of his favorite meals were gone. His left arm was slightly inflamed - a place where he was grazed by a spine from a whistler or a spike from a soldier. He would see to getting it cared for later - it was manageable for now.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1300 Posted: 03:23:24 11/01/2020
After receiving Latnok's meal-- Raclaw soon spotted Latnok practising one of his spells and invited Risar to join them if the Minotaur so wished. Risar offered a nod, not minding the unique and ironic company. "Morning Latnok.," both Raclaw and Chester said in their respective tongues. "I brought you your food; I figured you didn't mind.," the larger companion than said as he carefully 'placed' the platter down on a barrel via the tail artifact. Risar leaned against one of the nearby railings, eating a large piece of meat. The minotaur didn't immediately say anything, but offered a polite nod.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:25:08 11/01/2020 by redwes
First | Previous | Page 26 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me