Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Baptism by Lightning (legend of Orion. private)
First | Previous | Page 25 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 48 49 50
Baptism by Lightning (legend of Orion. private) [CLOSED]
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1201 Posted: 02:09:33 31/12/2019
Veris settled down as he continued to feast on the soldier corpses in front of him. His wings twitched reflexively as Shade did his work, but they were feeling a bit better, at the very least. Now, he just needed to take a nap...

Ilasi didn't have a problem with Dahlia keeping her company. "Sure thing. I'll bring her with me to my room," she said, as she stepped forward with a hand on Dahlia's nape to lead the way. "Come on, girl. I'm sure there's something we can do to keep you entertained."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8609
#1202 Posted: 02:12:28 31/12/2019 | Topic Creator
Soon enough shade was done and he gave a nod to Veris. “Take a nice deserving rest. You earned it.”
---
SC
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1203 Posted: 02:32:02 31/12/2019
Angora went below deck to the showers, and gave herself a very thorough bath. Like practically all members of her species, she wasn't very fond of water, but she bathed far more often than many of her kind not only for Maverick's sake and the others around her, but also to keep away that distinguishable troll smell. She had to learn to bathe back in the day in order to fool people when she made herself a deformed goblin. Plus, she really needed the bathing today. It was probably going to be for nothing since Veris was probably going to lick her mercilessly when she comes visiting him again, but if it was anything like last time, she won't need to feed him in a while if he planned to feast on the bug corpses outside.

Quote: A Guy
Ilasi didn't have a problem with Dahlia keeping her company. "Sure thing. I'll bring her with me to my room," she said, as she stepped forward with a hand on Dahlia's nape to lead the way. "Come on, girl. I'm sure there's something we can do to keep you entertained."

Maverick gave her a kiss on the lips in gratitude, heading downstairs immediately, but not before informing Sand Dune he was going to return later to help him and his friends with the wounded sailors. At least the dragolets could help, so that was a relief. Before leaving, he looked around, and he didn't know if the sailors lying down were unconscious or dead, but he prayed this battle didn't have any losses like all of the last ones. For now, he wanted to see how Angora was doing. She did something very dangerous in those tunnels with what little she managed to tell him, and if she didn't return until now, it meant she took part in the battle against that monster. He didn't know exactly what it was, but he was certain she was of great help. The Guardians weren't exactly grateful the last time she participated in a battle like this, but he was determined to make sure history didn't repeat itself.

Dahlia followed Ilasi patiently, and would've followed her anyway even if she wasn't pulling the ropes. She really enjoyed the mermaid's company. She thought Maverick was stupid for many things, but when it came to choosing a mate, he really knew how to do things right.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
darknessdawn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1476
#1204 Posted: 03:38:29 31/12/2019
Mischief raised a claw. "There is one more condition if we want a sane golem. The clay absolutely CANNOT be contaminated by vile powers. Such a taint drives the beast to insanity. We need earth that's pure, we cannot use it if it has had blood spilled onto it. I can locate the ingredients myself, but I will need assistance for the ritual itself. It takes time to mold a golem, but a basic humanoid body is sufficient. I've actually got the necessary herbs and spices. All we need is the clay itself. But we must be careful. Errors in golem creation are... Expensive, to say the least." She checked her notes once more. "We should probably go for one, say, eight feet tall? That's fairly large and strong but not out of range. It'll take work, and the clay and stones incorporated will be heavy, so it should probably be done on land until it's finished. That will avoid having to haul supplies from too far away." She looked back up at him as she closed the book. "Hard work, but well worth it."

Darkheart yawned and went back to Raclaw's side. "Sorry about rushing off love. Got a bit overexcited, heh..."
---
Dark is not Evil, and Light is not Good.
Star the Zoroark at your disservice.
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8585
#1205 Posted: 03:44:21 31/12/2019
"I know my love. I know..," Raclaw said rubbing against Darkheart before he and the others entered the inner hallways. The Fur Dragon was clearly tired from the sudden 'joy' ride. Chester offered a friendly bark.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#1206 Posted: 06:43:04 31/12/2019
After reaching the room, Dahlia felt relaxed, but still worried. She would look at the window to make sure the beast was truly dead, although the visibility from that spot was poor to none. She tried to sleep, but was still quite alert. A giant, predatory beast was defeated, but she couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to come...

Meanwhile, Maverick looked for Angora in the cabin first, but she wasn't there. The kitchen perhaps? He was certain his small friend would come to the room eventually, so he decided to wait for her there in the cabin. He would wait a while, since Angora spent almost half an hour rubbing her entire body to destroy all the horrible mucus, and soon after she got dry and clothed, she headed to the kitchen to quiet down the rumbling in her stomach. She was more hungry than she thought. Veris' influence? She tried to make herself a sandwich, but she was in such a rush to eat that the results weren't that great. She devoured the sandwich... if it could be called that, desperate and voraciously, feeling as if she hasn't eaten in a week. She was making a mess of her recently watched face, but she would clean it up later. She wanted to eat urgently. She didn't like looking like a wild animal in her matter of eating, but she was so hungry she didn't care about that anymore. Plus nobody was there, so she could do as she pleased. After this, she was certain a long nap was in order.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:41:05 31/12/2019 by Felines
#1207 Posted: 01:12:34 01/01/2020
Leoquin pondered MIschief's proposal - the ingredients sounded like a pain to fetch, but such a thing would, at the very least, prove useful. "I'll tell you what - I think the best magic users here are all busy for one reason or another, but I'd be willing to help you find these ingredients you need. We should probably talk about it with the captain first, though. Anything to keep as many of us out of the fight as possible." Though he did his best not to show it, these constant fights were a bit of a drain on Leoquin - and he wondered if he would continue to be as lucky as he had been so far. Would his parents even know if he died out here? Probably not... hell, they might celebrate if they did. He was the reason Audax wasn't there anymore, at least...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1208 Posted: 02:35:15 01/01/2020
Darkheart snuggled Raclaw before lending some physical support. "Here, my beloved... Let me help you. You are truly exhausted, I can tell..."

Mischief nodded. "Agreed. The captain should know of new crew members, artificial or not." Her ears twitched as she thoughtfully regarded her enormous blood red claws. She briefly wondered about the color. Then her thoughts returned to her empty stomach. "I need to head to the kitchen. I'll see you later, I assume?" She made her way to the kitchen and encountered Angora. She blinked but shrugged it off with ease, throwing together a meal for herself. Mostly her usual fruits, and a bit of bread and meat halfheartedly arranged as a "sandwich". She didn't care about the looks of her meal, and the incident when she evolved made her decide to just stop worrying about cultural norms. Devouring it all, she proceeded to fastidiously groom. If she made a mess of herself, that simply wouldn't do! She couldn't stand her fur being messy, it felt horrid to have that soft fur dirtied. If she had a tail still it would be wagging, as she was full, safe, and generally comfortable.
---
#1209 Posted: 03:30:51 01/01/2020
Quote:
Darkheart snuggled Raclaw before lending some physical support. "Here, my beloved... Let me help you. You are truly exhausted, I can tell..."

Raclaw didn't resist-- allowing the black dragoness to support him to his and Latnok's room. "Thank-you my love. Thank you..," the Fur Dragon said with a gentle smile.
---
#1210 Posted: 04:47:29 01/01/2020
Latnok managed to stumble into his room, stepping over and falling into his bed in his exhaustion. He could use a few hours of sleep. Just a few...

As the day progressed, the islanders continued their long toil clearing rubble and establishing temporary shelters - and those with the necessary skillset began to see to the corpse of the Omniphage. No doubt there could be some way to put it to use.
The sailors on the ship, meanwhile, focused on the post-battle cleanup, attending to casualties and ridding the ship of ishiud corpses and the sticky webbing created by the weavers (the latter being a rather arduous task.) There were no idle hands, at least as far as sailors on duty were concerned.
After spending some time taking care of Dahlia, Ilasi left her for awhile to help treat the wounded. Much like the initial analysis suggested, there weren't as many casualties to take care of this time - the Omniphage was taken care of handily by Sere and the rest of the flying team, and the fight on the ship was helped in great part by the destruction of a large part of the reinforcing army. Julian would eventually have Ilasi remove the divination spell on Angora's orb later that day.
The hard work everyone put in continued as the sun moved across the sky, though it greatly settled in the evening, with the lion's share being complete. Latnok awoke at this time, his muscles aching but otherwise feeling fit for service. He would see what was happening on deck...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1211 Posted: 09:10:04 01/01/2020
It wouldn't take long for Raclaw himself to fall asleep; his sleeping arrangements becoming clear to Darkheart if they weren't before. His overly-sized dog bed would appear to be same one as featured in his old room, only moved at some point presumably when his and Latnok's relationship became.. closer. And as Latnok woke up, so too would Raclaw. The Fur Dragon visibly stressed upon getting up-- no doubt to relieve some tension that had built up in his back.

Elsewhere, Risar helped manage the crew and everything else going on. Some of the sailors could be seen discussing what Latnok's flight upon Raclaw did or didn't mean. Some were surprised that such a thing hadn't occurred sooner (either intentional or not), while others pondered rather this was a precursor to a more permanent rider/mount relationship between the befriended Fur Dragon and Guardian.
---
#1212 Posted: 09:13:26 01/01/2020
Angora took notice of Mischief, and mellowed down her eating. She had a casual conversation with her, not mentioning the battle or her humiliating part in it. Angora felt rather proud for having been a big part of the tunnel explosion, but she left that part out too. She wanted nothing to do with the day she had today. In the meantime, Dahlia enjoyed Ilasi's room, which while smaller, it was far more pleasant than her enclosure.

After a little while, Angora returned to the cabin along with the fox, encountering Maverick. He was super relieved that she was ok. Angora assured him everything was fine, and had a small conversation with him, but like with Mischief, leaving the battle out... at least most of the parts Maverick didn't ask about. Later that day, after the orb was cleansed, Sand Dune and his friends came to check on her leg, but fortunately, she only needed a small bandage, and estimated her leg would be healed in a week or maybe less.

Throughout the day, Angora didn't visit Veris, already knowing he was fed the soldier's corpses, but it was mostly because she didn't feel like facing him. Not only because she lost the fang, but also because she didn't feel ready to know if he talked to Sere about what he wanted to do. She took a brief nap late in the afternoon, but couldn't sleep anymore after a couple of hours. In that evening, she went to the main deck, shifting between looking at the island with the giant corpse and the stars above. She didn't know the constellations, but wished she could learn them. She felt awfully lonely now. Not only were Mischief and Maverick likely asleep already, but she didn't have Neo with her. He wasn't very helpful most of the time, and he barely talked, but she still missed him. She was once a solitary troll, but she didn't like the feeling no more...
---
#1213 Posted: 14:21:44 01/01/2020
Darkheart not only realized Raclaw's sleeping arrangements but also realized why she ended up in the stables. She forced down her quizzical reaction to the dog bed, wishing her beloved goodnight before returning to the stables for a nap of her own.

Mischief was well aware Angora wasn't telling her everything, but she decided not to press the issue. When she went to lie down, she was confronted with a problem. Her mind whirred with ideas, some good and others bad, but she couldn't settle herself as she usually did. Her thoughts returned to the Omniphage, and she finally sat up and looked around. Yawning, she rose to her feet and wandered out into the halls, blending in with the dark environment easily and instinctively. Finally she made her way to the kitchen, where she always ended up several times a day. Putting together a sandwich of sorts she wandered to the main deck and spotted Angora. Approaching, she queried "Insomnia? I can't sleep either, brain won't shut off... Today was rough... And to think they might've won... We have you to thank for victory, whatever it was you did. Thank you. But... It was strange, facing a foe whose defining feature rendered me helpless... Even those annoying bugs are easy by comparison... I've never felt so helpless in a fight... Even before the transformation that made me so monstrous to everyone. You know, even Maverick seemed a bit nervous about me. Latnok nearly put an arrow in me... The rest of the crew seems worried at times too... Some look like they're wondering if I'm going to eventually have them for lunch. In a way you're lucky, you look pretty harmless so you are generally dismissed as such. I used to be small and cute, now I look like a vicious predator. They can see I'm a threat, and I'm feared for it... Angora, I have a question... If we hadn't already known each other... Would you be afraid of me? Be honest." The vixen turns to look at Angora, mane swishing. "If it's my appearance that's the issue, it's easily dealt with. I've mastered my Illusion. I can appear as whatever I desire... But I need to know why they all seem to fear me. Do I truly seem that frightening to humans?"
---
#1214 Posted: 19:15:22 01/01/2020
Angora simply shook her head, not liking the line of questioning. She hated when her size was mentioned, but decided not to be angry about it. She answered right to the point.
"You're minor leagues compared to what I've seen. Been afraid too many times to care. Humans... they'd be afraid of their own shadows if they could. It's only in their nature to attack what they can't understand, to be afraid of what's different or beyond their control and comprehension. I have learned to live with what I am. Not accepted by trolls for being small, not accepted by humans and many other creatures for being a troll..." she did a small pause before continuing.

"But you know what? There will always be those in between. Hard to find, but they exist. Those who accept you no matter what. It's impossible to please everybody you meet, but if you find at least one person that accepts you, just one, it will all be worth it. Maverick doesn't care that I'm small. Or that I'm a troll. Or that I was rude to him when we first met. He fought hard to peel that part of my personality that I always wanted to keep hidden. I spent most of my life fooling people that I was simply a deformed goblin, just because they are slightly more accepted into society than trolls are, and I was unhappy. Having to lie, to fool everyone, stop being myself, only for a little acceptance. Just to blend, even if the deformed part wasn't very pleasant. Until I was lucky to find my very first real friend. So who cares if others don't accept you or are afraid of you? It's their loss, not yours. If you have to use a disguise to be accepted, then what's the point of anything?" Angora stated, wondering if she sounded too cheesy with such a long explanation. While Angora was a very young troll, she had a complex view of life because of all she had to live through in the short while she has been in the world.
---
#1215 Posted: 23:03:31 01/01/2020
Veris settled in his pen, being content with the soldier corpses he had feasted on before taking a nap. In his dreams were pleasant images of food and play sessions gnawing on Angora's resilient shield. He awoke later that evening, expecting Angora but not finding her - but he was sure she was just busy with some other important matter at the moment, and would come back to see him.

When Ilasi had returned from her work at the infirmary, she returned to her room and sat down on her bed, somewhat tired but not ready to go to sleep right that moment. She wished she had some food for Dahlia, but didn't usually carry the oats Maverick had to feed her. She wondered, though - would Dahlia be okay with fruits?
To test this, Ilasi pulled out an apple from a small pack she had with her. She was planning to eat the apple for lunch, but never quite got around to it. Instead, she gently stepped over to Dahlia, holding the apple out. "Here, Dahlia... is this something you'd like? You can have it," she offered gently.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1216 Posted: 00:18:59 02/01/2020
Mischief shook her head. "For now I'd like the rest of the crew to not act like I'll turn them into dinner on a whim. Disguising my form to better blend in is a trivial task at this point. On a whim my appearance can change, becoming human in form. I can even look identical to someone else. If the crew prefers other humans I can give them exactly that." She demonstrated by taking on a human appearance, her red mane represented by long red hair, while she retained modesty with dark clothes the same color as her dark gray fur. Her blue eyes opened again and she looked down at Angora. "Do you think they'll stop being so scared if I look like this instead?"
---
#1217 Posted: 00:26:10 02/01/2020
OOC: I'll assume Angora's conversation with Mischief took place in the kitchen before evening came. So that can be treated as a flashback while she's on the main deck.

While Angora contemplated the sky, she was thinking of many things, mostly on what she would do after the society was finally stopped and they returned to main land at last. So many things still to consider. Maverick was likely thinking of settling down with Ilasi, maybe even have a family, and she knew for certain she would be a third wheel there. Ilasi was kinder with her, but Angora knew very well she didn't want her company. Ilasi wasn't being as discrete as she thought. She knew she disliked whenever Maverick paid attention to her.

And of course there was still a matter of Veris. What kind of life would that be? In a headquarter full of people that we're likely going to hate her, pleasing a wyvern that could easily kill her, accidentally or not. She wanted to believe there was a solution where they would all win, but she wasn't seeing any at the moment. And of course there was Latnok. She was certain that this battle wasn't going to be enough for him to treat her better, but what more could she do? She already dismissed the chance of that ever happening, so she decided not to make a big deal out of it. It was all simply unecessary stress. She did hope however, that he remembered to give her powers back. Not only was Neo with him, but she couldn't create her trusty shield, and likely not talk to Veris anymore.

When Ilasi had returned from her work at the infirmary, she returned to her room and sat down on her bed, somewhat tired but not ready to go to sleep right that moment. She wished she had some food for Dahlia, but didn't usually carry the oats Maverick had to feed her. She wondered, though - would Dahlia be okay with fruits?
To test this, Ilasi pulled out an apple from a small pack she had with her. She was planning to eat the apple for lunch, but never quite got around to it. Instead, she gently stepped over to Dahlia, holding the apple out. "Here, Dahlia... is this something you'd like? You can have it," she offered gently.

Dahlia has seen apples before, Maverick eating them often, but he usually limited her diet to things similar to what she would eat in the wild. But she was out of her habitat, so she might as well try new things, not to mention that she was bored of the same stuff anyway. She approached, initially wanting to pull a prank on Ilasi by taking her whole arm like she once did, but after what happened today, she was probably not going to be in the mood. She took the apple gently, without even touching her hands, and tasted it. It was... different alright. It had a weird flavor, but not a bad one. It was eatable at least. As she chewed and swallowed, she was ready for more if Ilasi offered it, but if not, she was fine either way.
---
#1218 Posted: 03:48:41 02/01/2020
Back on deck, Latnok paced the deck, making sure everything was in order. There wasn't anything exceptionally unusual - short of the remnants of the earlier battle. He still felt incredibly tired, but he wasn't going to let himself sleep the whole day.
Why shouldn't I sleep the whole day, though? I've done more than enough to earn it...
He was nearing the end of one of his rounds when he found Angora on the deck - just settling down and thinking, from the looks of it.
He was just going to leave her be, but after a few steps, he recalled - Neo was still with him, wasn't he? "Hey, Neo," he said out loud, not certain on how to communicate with the entity. "Isn't it time you got back to Angora?" Latnok waited patiently for any sort of response.

Ilasi wished she had another apple to feed Dahlia, seeing as she was willing to eat the first - but alas, she had only the one she had saved from earlier that day. She was certain that Maverick wouldn't be too long in bringing her food, however. Ilasi began petting the dirt buffalo again - the feeling of her fur being quite calming and satisfying despite its coarseness. Perhaps it was an acquired taste of sorts.
"I'm sorry, that's all I have on me," Ilasi said, apologizing for her lack of foresight. "I'm sure Maverick will be back here soon with some more food for you, though." In moments like these, Ilasi wished she could understand what Dahlia was thinking - such a thing certainly wasn't feasible, however. They would have to settle for communication like normal...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1219 Posted: 04:46:49 02/01/2020
Having not expected the night to be interrupted so suddenly... and loudly. It startled her plenty.
"Easy! Easy! He's not deaf you know... sir..." Angora said, nervously adding the sir and rubbing her ear. She was quite sensible in hearing, so his sudden shout shocked her. She wasn't expecting to see Latnok that night, but based on what she heard, she was willing to return Neo and her powers. It was quite a relief, since she for a moment thought Latnok was going to enjoy the boost in power a little too much.

Dahlia lied down when seeing Ilasi had no more food. While she was hungry, Maverick was the one who was suppose to feed her, so like Ilasi, she would wait for him...

At the infirmary, after all the patients were asleep, Maverick could finally leave.
"Much obliged good men. Now I can see why the cute little troll thinks so highly of you." Sand Dune said with a handshake, Maverick having volunteered to help at the infirmary when Ilasi was there, and stayed a bit longer. Bidding him and his friends goodbye, he left to Ilasi's chin, having thought of taking a detour to see Anglra and Mischief, but if they were already asleep, he didn't want to interrupt them. Today has been a very good day indeed, although he knew that they couldn't lower their guards yet. After defeating that beast, the society knew now not to underestimate them. They had to be on high alert.
---
#1220 Posted: 05:14:39 02/01/2020
When evening arrived Mischief had curled up on the bed. Now she was somewhat frustrated. She'd never be able to sleep unless Angora was safe and sound. At first she was just drowsily watching the door, her blue eyes glowing in the increasingly dark room. Finally she shifted and sat up slightly. Where was the little troll anyway? Surely she wasn't still up? Crawling out of bed she stood upright and poked her head out the doorway to look at mostly empty hallways. Irritated by how late, and quiet, it was, she closed the door and pulled Digi out. The machine was more irate than usual at her rough treatment. "What is it NOW Mischief?!"
Mischief tilted her head. "Do you have music?"
Digi stopped fuming for a moment. "Music??? Well, yes... Why?"
Mischief nodded. "Play something calming for me. It's been a long rough day, and Angora's nowhere to be seen, and I'm ridiculously stressed out."
Digi showed a nodding Porygon and began cycling through simple soft tunes until he found one Mischief liked. He noted "Star liked this one too... Maybe you two are somehow related?"
Mischief growled at him. "Absolutely NOT."
"Okay... If you're so insistent... You really are similar to what he was like as a boy, according to my internal data. Oh, how things change. Anyway, you should sleep. Enjoy the Noctus Lullaby."
Mischief nodded and curled up in canine fashion on the bed, finally soothed enough to rest. She couldn't stand being in a quiet space alone, the music was enough to settle her frayed nerves. She fell asleep to the millennia old tune, dreaming of moonlit nights in a great, ancient forest.

Darkheart was suffering insomnia like the others, for a very different reason. She was still nocturnal. Finally she rose to her feet and went to the main deck. She was somewhat surprised at the gathering. "What, are we having an insomniacs anonymous meeting up here? Raclaw, what's going on?" she pointedly asked her mate.
---
#1221 Posted: 05:17:43 02/01/2020
Latnok shrugged at the remark, seeing that Angora and presumably Neo were aware of the situation now. "Well, then, whenever he wants to finish this, we can all go about our business. By the way, good job today. We've dealt the enemy a significant blow... and most of us, and most of the islanders, are still here. In the end, that is the most important thing." Despite these words, Latnok couldn't help but wonder if all of this wasn't just a waste of time - if he'd be better of just seeking out what was best for himself, after a lifetime of being used by others. Much like how he "used" Raclaw today in battle for the sake of getting an advantage... That was a thought he tried to keep in the back of his mind, however.

Ilasi was sitting comfortably with Dahlia when Maverick came in, at which point she stood up eagerly. "Welcome back, honey," she said softly, as she came forward to hug him. "Dahlia and I hae kept each other company. I think she's hungry right now, tough." They all had their jobs to do, but at last, they had a bit of time to settle down for the day.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1222 Posted: 05:40:51 02/01/2020
Quote:
Darkheart was suffering insomnia like the others, for a very different reason. She was still nocturnal. Finally she rose to her feet and went to the main deck. She was somewhat surprised at the gathering. "What, are we having an insomniacs anonymous meeting up here? Raclaw, what's going on?" she pointedly asked her mate.

"That battle took a lot out of everyone, myself included-- we all took an early nap and seemed to wake up with the dusk.," Raclaw explained as he could still feel some soreness in his mid-to-upper back. He clearly wasn't used to the weight of a rider, much less one as heavy as Latnok. "Latnok is just returning something or rather someone of Angora's.," the Fur Dragon then explained as he thought about his own collar entity and the fact that 'it' or rather 'he' was a once living being himself now trapped in an inanimate object and forced to coexist with the quadrupedal creature in which it contained. The mated Fur Dragon recalled how Damon had once attempted to take control on several occasions and still technically processed his tail via the tail artifact. He didn't mind though; that was acceptable condition if it meant peace with his inner daemon.
---
#1223 Posted: 05:40:57 02/01/2020
Ilasi was sitting comfortably with Dahlia when Maverick came in, at which point she stood up eagerly. "Welcome back, honey," she said softly, as she came forward to hug him. "Dahlia and I have kept each other company. I think she's hungry right now, tough." They all had their jobs to do, but at last, they had a bit of time to settle down for the day.

"Hola my girls. Yeah, I can see that. Dahlia, no pranks, right?" Maverick asked, knowing his mount too well. He then took a bag of oats and tied it around her horns, leaving her snout in the bag like some people did when feeding their horses.
"Whew, I'm beat. Come on Ilasi, let's get some sleep. I think we've earned it. If you don't mind, Dahlia can sleep here. I don't think the poor girl wants to sleep alone after the day we had." Maverick stated as he sat in the bed, ready to shut his eyes for a very long while. He knew Ilasi wouldn't mind if Dahlia stayed, but he still asked to be polite. The dirt buffalo knew how to remove the loosely tied bag, so there wouldn't be any problem with that.

Latnok shrugged at the remark, seeing that Angora and presumably Neo were aware of the situation now. "Well, then, whenever he wants to finish this, we can all go about our business. By the way, good job today. We've dealt the enemy a significant blow... and most of us, and most of the islanders, are still here. In the end, that is the most important thing." Despite these words, Latnok couldn't help but wonder if all of this wasn't just a waste of time - if he'd be better of just seeking out what was best for himself, after a lifetime of being used by others. Much like how he "used" Raclaw today in battle for the sake of getting an advantage... That was a thought he tried to keep in the back of his mind, however.

It wasn't the first time Latnok had congratulated Angora, but it was the first time she could actually enjoyed it. She wondered if saying those words were stinging him, but nothing in his expression seemed to indicate it.
"Th... thank you... sir. Yes, that's what's... important. And you and Raclaw... together, flying, it was... cool." she said meekly, wanting to say something nice too. She could see Raclaw and Darkheart together not too far from there, and while she didn't show it, she was actually very happy for them. She was starting to accept Latnok and Raclaw's friendship, but it still wouldn't hurt if the fur dragon learned a little bit of independence, and what better than a wild dragon to do that?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:51:19 02/01/2020 by Felines
#1224 Posted: 06:10:00 02/01/2020
Darkheart examined Raclaw's back a bit, then placed a claw on a particularly sore spot. "You ache here, and a few other spots, right? It's likely from using muscles you probably aren't aware of except right now. Chances are good a bit of warm up next time will prevent injuries. Even I really shouldn't take to the skies without a warm-up... Neither should you. I've had a couple thousand years to learn things for myself..." She gently rubbed the sore areas, careful not to scratch Raclaw too hard. "A massage tends to help, let me know if it's working."
---
#1225 Posted: 06:35:03 02/01/2020
"Ah-- thats, that's the spot.," Raclaw said leaning into the massage, just as he would a decent petting. Dark's explanation made sense; he had ever only flown before with Chester or the perhaps even lighter Angora. Such riders wouldn't have pushed his muscles, until now. And speaking of Chester, the little Beagle peaked his up from where he had been lying nearby. It was almost as if the two 'canines' shared their own special connection.
---
#1226 Posted: 14:30:04 02/01/2020 | Topic Creator
Neo soon appeared before the two. “You will have to transfer me back. My power itself is pretty drained.” Neo said.

Soon enough Shade approached Latnok and Angora. “Sir if I may ask can I stay the night with her?” He could sense Angora was feeling lonely and lost. He looked back at Tyraika seeing if she was willing to come on her own.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:32:25 02/01/2020 by Spyroconvexity
#1227 Posted: 15:00:15 02/01/2020
Darkheart tried not to giggle. "Why is everyone up NOW? I thought I was the only nocturnal one here. The fox should be up any second now." She pressed firmly but gently on a knot in Raclaw's muscles. "You should find a way to exercise these muscles right here. If you're not careful you might do permanent damage." She spread her own wings, stretching them to her full, and quite impressive, wingspan. "Carrying a rider on the ground would be a safe way to do so. Maybe practice that?"
---
#1228 Posted: 15:58:17 02/01/2020
Angora rarely sees Neo's physical form, so it was quite a sight. She indirectly indicated Latnok through body language how he should do the transfer by doing the same thing she did in the cave. Just touch the chest and a glowing sphere (the magic) would find it's way.

While she waited for Latnok to make the transfer, she saw Shade approaching, and heard his request. It gave her quite the heartache. She was lonely for that little while there, but Neo was about to be with her. And she had Mischief waiting for her, so perhaps the lonely one was him? Tyraika sometimes talked to him, but she was usually too busy avoiding humans, and since Shade was often close to them, she usually avoided him too. She felt so bad for him. If only the Guardians could given him more freedom. It's been a long time since his powers have gone out of control, and she believed all the weeks, all the months he has spent not talking to her and Maverick have really affected him. He was only allowed one day of interaction once, which wasn't enough...
---
#1229 Posted: 16:43:33 02/01/2020
Latnok took a deep breath and sighed. "Hopefully it's the last time," he said, displeased. "Raclaw isn't some damned pack mule. He shouldn't have to do that sort of thing."
Latnok was soon interrupted by Shade's request, and he spent a moment to consider it. "Sure, go ahead," he said. "You've earned it. Don't do anything dumb."
Looking over, Latnok could see his buddy getting a relaxing massage from his mate - and could, to some degree, feel the relief and pleasure from such a service. At least Raclaw was managing somewhat.

Ilasi didn't mind having Dahlia along, with the buffalo being a somewhat soothing presence. "Of course she can stay," she confirmed, as she crawled into her bed. They would have to take advantage of the rest opportunity - who knew what tomorrow held?
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1230 Posted: 17:00:30 02/01/2020
Darkheart looked positively stunned at Latnok's statement. By the time she processed it Latnok had responded to Shade. "Latnok, why would you compare riding Raclaw to using him as a pack mule? First off, wrong job. It's closer to acting as a war horse. Second... Most humans would be honored to have a dragon willing to carry them for even a moment. Even the unfazable Star showed some excitement at riding me." She looked between the two before registering it went deeper. "It seems you have a fine relationship. That's not it. You have something else bothering you, and I seek to understand it. Why do you consider it so degrading to use Raclaw as a mount? It certainly isn't about sore muscles." She paused briefly in the massage, tilting her head. Her eyes locked into Latnok, the sort of piercing stare that made one feel she could see beyond the physical. Which she sort of did. After a few seconds she returned her attention to Raclaw.

Mischief rolled over onto her back, twitching and yipping as she dreamed.
---
#1231 Posted: 17:21:44 02/01/2020
Angora smiled when Latnok said the first sentence, although she didn't noticed. The young Guardian was a little possessive of Raclaw given one has to ask permission to talk to him for example, but he wasn't willing to treat him as a slave, maybe not even a pet. Perhaps their friendship wasn't as bad as she initially thought, though Raclaw could still use a little bit of independence.

The evening would still be full of surprises when Latnok agreed to have Shade stayed with her. He wasn't rude or harsh to her, and even allowed Shade to be with her tonight? Today's victory really had Latnok in a very good mood. He was never this nice. Or was it perhaps Neo's influence? Angora smiled again, though this time, she realized it and changed it to a more neutral expression. She didn't want to look too goofy or sentimental in his presence even if he was being nice for once.

Ilasi didn't mind having Dahlia along, with the buffalo being a somewhat soothing presence. "Of course she can stay," she confirmed, as she crawled into her bed. They would have to take advantage of the rest opportunity - who knew what tomorrow held?

"Nice. She can use the company." he said with a yawn.
"Well, buenas noches Ilasi. I have a feeling tomorrow will be a long day. Those crazy people will not be happy that their beast was defeated. Their intentions... they are good I guess, but wow are they doing it the wrong way." Maverick stated, Angora having told him a bit about the conversations she had from the orb. He wasn't certain if the society would dare attack them tonight, but after a blow like today, they were likely in standby. And if there was any danger, the sensible and high alert Dahlia could warn them. Being a constant prey animal meant she was always on high alert.
---
#1232 Posted: 21:56:36 02/01/2020
Latnok looked down and shook his head. "The relationship between a rider and a mount is superior to subordinate. One carries; one gets carried. One takes orders; one gives orders. A mount is a means to an end for a rider - a tool, just like a weapon or armor. I don't consider my friends tools to be used. Regardless of any effort I may make otherwise, that is how things will be perceived - we won't be Latnok and Raclaw, but Latnok and his dragon."
Latnok wasn't expecting Darkheart of all people to propose such a question to him - but he answered all the same. Had she never integrated into society enough in all of her time to understand the significance of such a relationship?

Ilasi settled down in her bed, still getting used to the idea of having Maverick sleep with her. Dahlia had, of course, played a significant part in the original occurrence - which Ilasi was grateful for. Perhaps with how close they were now, the future was something to be planning for more seriously...
...that could wait another time, though. "You know, people don't just wake up one day and decide they want to take that sort of route to create their ideal world... I wonder if some event in the leader's past triggered his current course? And with this whole business of them potentially trying to claim the throne, they could have someone like me tried for treason... oh, I'm sorry. A bit of an unnecessary tangent there. Good night, honey." If everyone continued their job as well as they had so far, such a thing would hopefully never come to pass.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1233 Posted: 23:27:59 02/01/2020
Angora nodded at his explanation, dry happy that he had such high respect of Raclaw, even if he was still a tiny bit possessive of him. Today started with despair and hopelessness, but the evening was full of happiness and pleasant surprises. She approached Shade, glad that she would be able to spend the evening with him... but seeing him reminded her of Veris. They were both dragon species after all. Was the wyvern expecting her? The battle was early today, so he probably didn't drink too much water until after he was back. It was likely still clean. And he ate quite well today feasting off the fallen soldiers, so she didn't need to bring him food, though she knew too well he would still welcome more. She didn't want to visit him today since she didn't want him to keep getting use to her (though it was probably too late at this point), but she knew she wasn't going to have any peace of mind if she didn't at least check how he was doing.

Once the magic transfer was over, Angora got the magic sphere inside her chest, as it has been with Latnok earlier.
"Welcome back Neo." she said, actually glad to have him again even if he could be annoying. She felt more invigorated with her powers back, and with their return, so did the shield and her ability to talk to Veris again. So with that taken care of, it was time to see the wyvern.
"Pardon me. Excuse me. Going to check on Veris." she said, passing by the talking Latnok and Darkheart.
"I'll be back in a few minutes Shady. Just need to make sure everything is alright." Angora assured, feeling so good to talk to him again... although she didn't know how to explain to him what Veris wanted to do. He was going to find out, sooner or later...
---
#1234 Posted: 01:20:34 03/01/2020
OOC: Holy Miltank. How'd my post get so long?! Sorry about the wall of text guys...

Darkheart tilted her head. "Isn't Raclaw legally your pet or something? Besides, tool is absolutely the wrong word. A mount is not a tool. A tool is something you aren't overly worried about if it breaks because you just get another or put it back together. I've seen humans treat their horses with more respect than they treat their family. I've seen them treated badly too, but those owners are frowned upon. I've seen pretty much everything... Let me ask. Are you merely a tool? I don't think Sere sees you that way. Or Veris. You aren't just a means to an end. Being a warrior for a cause doesn't change that. A war horse paired with a lifelong rider mourns its rider should be die, and most longtime riders will mourn the horse's death. Even pets are mourned. That's what makes them more than mere tools. A tool isn't a creature with hopes and dreams, it's an object to be used as the owner sees fit. It has no value beyond its use. A creature is different. It has hopes and dreams, whether it be as simple as wanting food and comfort or as complex as what some humans come up with - or, heaven forbid, what gnomes come up with - and it has a mind all its own, however simple that mind may be. I may forget this in battle, my rage doesn't allow for much thinking... But I'm certain even the Omniphage wanted SOMETHING, even if that goal may only be to consume all... Chester here has hopes and dreams, though I'm not sure what." She quizzically looks at the beagle. "If not for the hopes and dreams we have... Some of us would never be able to carry on. Latnok, Raclaw, I'm certain you have dreams. What do you two long for above all else? I won't judge you. I'm not someone to be judging another for their desires." She looked at the two. "You don't have to answer right away, but at least think about it. Seek out what your heart desires... Pursue your individual dreams as a team." Darkheart wondered briefly how she ended up giving an inspirational speech.

Mischief rolled over again, and then rolled right off the bed, waking up when she got the floor with a yelp. She slowly rose to her feet and yawned wide, stretching. She looked around with a confused expression. Wasn't she just on the bed.
---
#1235 Posted: 01:35:43 03/01/2020
Raclaw rised his head at Darkheart's initial comment-- he knew he DID NOT tell his mate that particular fact about their relationship. 'But of course.. the dog bed!,' the Fur Dragon thought as remembered the black dragoness helping him to their room only a few hours back. That was how she knew or at least suspected, the dog bed very much being a symbol much like the collar. They certainly had a lot to think about, Latnok in particular.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:12:31 03/01/2020 by redwes
#1236 Posted: 01:53:01 03/01/2020 | Topic Creator
Shade noded at Angora. “I’ll wait.” He then heard Darkheart speech. “I.....I have hopes and dreams to be once again free. But I think I want to spend it with angora, Maverick, Ilasi, and Tyraika.”
---
SC
#1237 Posted: 02:16:53 03/01/2020
Angora stopped before going downstairs, having been intrigued by Darkheart's speech. She did seem like a very intelligent dragon, but she never expected it to be at the rate of wisdom. She wasn't certain on what, and IF Latnok would give much thoughts to her words, but it was indeed a lot to think about. And poor Shade. Such a simple desire, yet so hard, maybe even impossible to fulfill. Tyraika was too wild, so she'll likely leave soon. And she wasn't sure Ilasi would want to be with such a dangerous dragon, especially after what he did to her city. And of course there was her. At this point, Angora couldn't even begin to suspect where everyone's roads were going, especially hers.

But enough pondering. She had a job to do. Angora initially didn't want to bring Veris any food, but not wanting him to be upset, she decided to take a little detour to the kitchen and bring him some drumsticks. A simple snack, but probably enough to please him. Now that she had her powers back, she was certain that Veris would want to talk about everything that happened today, but she would have to tell him she was allowed to be with Shade tonight. She could be with the wyvern at any time, but her times with Shade were extremely limited. She only hoped he was comprehensive enough.
"Hey. Good evening Veris. Are you awake? You had quite a feast back there. I brought you a little snack. Just a little. You ate plenty enough." she said as she opened the door to her enclosure and left the platter close to him. She was kinda nervous that he would be feeling too affectionate tonight, or that he wouldn't accept her being with Shade. Only one way to find out how he would feel...

Back at Ilasi's cabin, things were calm and quiet. Maverick was so exhausted, he fell asleep almost immediately. Dahlia removed the empty oat bag from her snout, and proceeded to do the same, though unlike her master, she had a very light sleep, so she could sense everything going on. She would know immediately if something became out of place.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:01:37 03/01/2020 by Felines
#1238 Posted: 04:14:51 03/01/2020
Veris was resting, but gently woke as Angora came in. Eyeing the food as Angora brought it in, he attacked the platter in his usual manner before speaking with her. "Hello! I was waiting for you! Are you okay? You aren't here as much. Did someone hurt you? Is there an issue with my human?" Veris press with a barrage of questions, before settling down and giving Angora a chance to speak.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1239 Posted: 04:31:20 03/01/2020
Angora once again calmed Veris down with some gentle talk.
"Easy Veris. This was just from a battle from the tunnels." she explained, almost forgetting about the bandage on her leg.
"And no worries. There is no trouble. Everything is terrific. I just needed a rest earlier, and since you ate most of those things, well, there was no need for me to come here. I know I took a while, but I figured you could use a midnight snack." she stated, finding it curious how he said my human.. Veris was aware how she and Sere didn't get along so well, and it made her wonder how he felt about that. It was a bold move of him to talk to him about what he wanted if that was the case.

As she waited for a reply, Angora was not ready to tell him yet she was staying with Shade tonight. Angora checked his water and it was clean enough for the night. And his wounds seemed to be healing amazingly. It was no wonder he was the leader's mount. She didn't know Shade helped him heal earlier, so she thought it was all natural. Or maybe he didn't get so wounded? One thing that could be said with certainty was that Veris was strong and resilient.
---
#1240 Posted: 21:22:40 03/01/2020
Darkheart left Latnok with much food for thought. Are you merely a tool? I don't think Sere sees you that way. Or Veris. You aren't just a means to an end. The irony that those were some of the very thoughts he was having. What if he himself was just a tool? He wasn't completely confident in that interpretation.
What do you two long for above all else? There that thought was again, except voiced by someone else - and different this time. You two. Raclaw had been his close friend for a while now, but this was truly the firs time he had had the thought in that sense. It wasn't just about what he wanted, or what Raclaw wanted, as individuals - but what they wanted as a collective.
Latnok couldn't just take his own feelings on the matter into consideration. What did he and Raclaw hope to accomplish together - and would mounting play any meaningful part in that?

Veris was content with e answer, having no reason to disbelieve Angora. "That is good. You should get more rest." As he spoke, Veris rolled over onto his side, exposing his belly. "Come rest with me! I like you being here."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1241 Posted: 21:33:58 03/01/2020
Darkheart returned her full attention to Raclaw now, tending to the sore spots with an expertise that one might not expect from her.

Mischief stood and stretched. Looking around, she picked up Digi and wandered out. Almost automatically she went to the kitchen. Grabbing yet another snack, she went up to the main deck and looked around with visible surprise. Swallowing her current mouthful, she echoes Darkheart's earlier quip. "I didn't realize we were having an insomniacs anonymous meeting. Why's everyone here?"
Digi decided to answer the question instead of letting the others respond. "The main deck is a public area for anyone, so chances are they went up here one at a time."
Mischief looked at the device. "I don't recall asking YOU. Let the others answer." She took another bite of her sandwich as Digi fumed.

Darkheart admitted "I'm still nocturnal. Haven't gotten used to the whole 'up when the sun is' thing yet."
---
#1242 Posted: 00:16:18 04/01/2020
"Napped early, woke up now.," Raclaw said as he let Darkheart continue with the quite helpful massage. Meanwhile-- the Fur Dragon couldn't help but read the thoughts of his human counterpart. To his surprise, the Guardian was actually taking what his mate said to heart.. and wasn't even refuting the part about him (legally) being a pet. No, instead the thoughts focused on something else entirely; their purpose and ultimate end goal. What did he-- no, what did *they* want in life? Was it to find his parents? Yes but also no, that was a short-term not long-term goal at this point. They had hundreds possibly thousands of years ahead of them; wow that was almost hard to believe. Most humans had only around 100 or so years in them, often less. Such was a sad truth that he preferred not to think of. In that department, there was also Chester and that.. was an even sadder truth.

This wasn't about most humans though-- this was about *Latnok* and the Guardian(s) had an expanded lifespan much akin to that of his own; to that of the dragon. He and Latnok were two individuals now bound by a lifelong bond; they were best friends and they were now a team, an collective of two minds. Raclaw thought back to when he had offered his own collar and why he did it. He had done it because of Damon, but Damon hadn't been the only reason; his sometimes-less-than-kind personal daemon had only served to push him into doing it sooner rather than later. "You're not wrong-- sorry about that.," Damon interjected himself sounding somewhat remorseful over the whole ideal. "It's-- it's okay.," Raclaw responded in thought before continuing with his thoughts. What did he hope to achieve together with Latnok? Was it simply because Latnok had been the first human he had seen in some time? No-- that wasn't it either. He liked Latnok, but choosing to officially give up his own freedom had been a powerful choice that wouldn't have been done willy nilly. No-- he wanted to *help* people and he wanted to help Latnok help others. Perhaps, perhaps that was the reason?

Meanwhile, Chester briefly thought about what he wanted in life. He for sure had wanted a good 'home' and he had found that much at least...
---
#1243 Posted: 02:26:14 04/01/2020
While plenty were having insomnia up the main deck, Maverick was sleeping soundly, slightly smiling. Despite the great scare from that morning and the Ishulgite threat still at large, he was happy. He was looking for a future, with his girlfriend, and likely future wife. With dear, sweet Angora, and if they were lucky and was off the hook, with Shade as well. There was also Mischief, whose loyalty to Angora suggested they would have a brand new companion. Maverick didn't care if they travelled the world kr settled someplace, as long as he had his loved ones, he would be happy. If it was the latter, Maverick dreamt of a farm, a small one very much like Alya's father's farm. It was a pleasant dream.

In her corner, Dahlia was also asleep, but the often twitching of her hears indicated she was still alert of her surrounding. It was in the dirt buffalo's nature to not be heavy sleepers, but even with it, they could recover energy even with such a light sleep.

Veris was content with e answer, having no reason to disbelieve Angora. "That is good. You should get more rest." As he spoke, Veris rolled over onto his side, exposing his belly. "Come rest with me! I like you being here."

Angora scratched her head nervously, having been afraid of this outcome. She was hoping she could avoid telling her plans for tonight and let Veris assume she would be sleeping in the cabin, but now she had to tell him.
"Yes... well, about that..." she started to say, having no idea how Veris would react, but very worried.
"Latnok let me be with Shade for tonight. And you know how it is, right? Shady is forbidden from talking to me and Maverick, but due to his services today, we're allowed to have some moments together... but tomorrow. Tomorrow I can be here." Angora explained, quickly adding the last part to try to please Veris. His anger back then when she said her caring wouldn't be forever had her very worried, and wondered if Veris was becoming too possessive of her.
---
#1244 Posted: 03:32:35 04/01/2020
It took Veris a few moments to register what was happening, but soon his previously content appearance turned into one of dejection, and he rolled back over into a slouch. "...is he a better companion? Do you enjoy time with him more? I.. understand. We have only just begun speaking to each other. I will try to improve... please help me more. Tomorrow. You will be here tomorrow... yes. Maybe then..." Veris wasn't going to attempt to fight Angora's decision, though he couldn't help but be disappointed. There had to be some reason his troll wanted to be with the other dragon creature and not him, and he wish he knew.

While everyone was having a nice conversation here, Latnok figured he might as well join in. "I had enough rest today," he said. "I won't overindulge myself just because I had quite a bit to do. I have arrows to fletch and spells to practice." Those things were true - but much of what was keeping him up was the experience he had today, and all of the ideas and concerns in his head he had been forced to acknowledge. "Speaking of nocturnal, I know we have a certain nocturnal creature typically on deck right now..."
As if on cue, Laszur dropped the cloak of his invisibility spell, revealing himself. "I am here. Nothing unusual has been happening, as far as I can identify," he informed Latnok. "Looks like we'll still be alive for another night, at least." Laszur stood by in a more relaxed pose, matching the more casual environment.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1245 Posted: 03:57:11 04/01/2020
Angora was relieved Veris didn't reacted as volatile as she thought, but disappointment was to be expected.
"Come on Veris. It's not a matter of preference. I see you every day. I have stayed with you almost every night. When do I get these chances with Shady? Don't tell you're jealous?" Angora asked as she patted his wing playfully, knowing the answer to that but preferring to hear it from his own mouth. She still didn't know how the whole matter will be solved once they were in the main land. It was clear beyond the shadow of a doubt that Veris has gotten too used to her, and that returning to the life he had before meeting her would be too hard for him, maybe even impossible.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:58:30 04/01/2020 by Felines
#1246 Posted: 04:17:02 04/01/2020
"Jealous? No... I am not... I... Only concerned. Only concerned. That is all. Concerned..." Though Veris mentioned wanting to improve his communication - fearing that it may be a consideration for who Angora spent time with - he was not willing to admit that he was legitimately jealous of the other dragon. Saying as much would mean he was admitting that he considered himself in competition with Shade, and he couldn't have Angora knowing that Shade was someone who could compete with him.
"I will rest. I will wait here. I will see you tomorrow!"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1247 Posted: 05:21:53 04/01/2020
Angora decided to follow up on his little game, quite happy that his reaction was nothing to worry about, even if some of it was still expected.
"Sure. Whatever you say." she commented playfully, knowing jealousy when she sees it.
"Come on Veris. You know you're special to me. It's just that Shady is too. Let me have this night with him." Angora pleaded, giving him a small rub on his belly as she did. She remembered a time when she had no friends, but now felt overwhelmed about how many she had, even dragons, a creature she once hated. But really though, of all the nights Veris could've asked her to stay with him. Thankfully, he was being so comprehensive, as best as he could at least.
---
#1248 Posted: 05:38:09 04/01/2020
Though Veris still had slight misgivings, he settled down as Angora rubbed his belly, lightening his mood. "Okay. Please have a good night. I will be happy to see you tomorrow!" With that, he gave a yawn in the typical manner, indicating his imminent sleep. Certainly Angora would be back tomorrow. He had nothing to worry about.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1249 Posted: 06:03:13 04/01/2020
Angora shook her head slowly, hard to believe this clumsy goofball could be so lethal in battle. She couldn't recall the exact moment where she bonded so strongly with him, but Veris clearly thought highly of her to always want her company. It was a nice feeling, though she sometimes wished the bond wasn't as strong as to make Veris want to keep her. Still, such predicament had to have a solution... one she hasn't figured out yet.
"Good night Veris. Sweet dreams. I'll see you tomorrow." she said, willing to get some shut eye as well, and in Shade's company for once. She actually felt rather bad for Veris. Whatever she did with him, she did it too well. He has grown so used to her presence he didn't want that to change. She was rather scared on how Sere would react when Veris made his request, but one thing that was certain was that the wyvern was going to try hard. Having visited Veris though gave Angora some peace of mind. She wanted to skip the visit to avoid making the wyvern more used to her presence than he already was, but she couldn't help it. Even if the visit was brief, she didn't want Veris to believe she was forgetting him.

Reaching the main deck, she could see Latnok and company still awakened, seemingly talking. And someone she wasn't expecting there.
"Mischief? What are you doing up?" she asked, wondering if she was nocturnal too.
---
#1250 Posted: 09:59:57 04/01/2020
Mischief tilted her head at Angora's arrival, trying not to get overexcited. "You know I run on a faster schedule. Metabolism is still significantly faster than yours." She tried to restrain herself in front of Latnok, who she still held for his reaction to her evolving. Stuffing the rest of the sandwich in her mouth, she swallowed before asking "Why are YOU up still? Oh, say, did you know Digi plays music? Lulled me to sleep with a Noctus Lullaby, or whatever it was."
Digi piped up. "It was the Noctus Lullaby, yes. Imported directly from Star's home in the Noctus Woods. It was the only time he didn't have nightmares when he slept, was when he listened to that."
Mischief immediately became disdainful at the mention of Star. "Oh, he had nightmares, did he? Considering his actions he deserved them."
Digi went dead silent. He was stunned at how coldly Mischief reacted to any mention of Star. "Sh... Show some respect to the last member of the NeoNoctus Clan. He went through a lot, lost his entire family, and his best friend was murdered in front of him."
Mischief growled "That is no excuse for betrayal." She stuffed Digi back into her bag. Looking up at Angora, she then looked at Latnok.
Darkheart spoke now. "You never knew Star. You never saw his gentle side. He worked to keep any good in him hidden, because he was in constant emotional pain... He didn't want to open up."
Mischief crossed her arms. "He left after causing the death of half the crew. He's nowhere nearby. He certainly isn't giving any help stopping the Ishulgites. Since he's not here to help, in our time of greatest need, you've no reason to defend him. Now, I'm done with this topic." Her tone had shifted to be nearly poisonous.
Darkheart shook her head with a sigh. Mischief would never be convinced Star wasn't a complete villain. She mumbled "Things are rarely in black and white... Something Latnok also needs to understand..." She asked Raclaw "Is your back feeling better?"
---
First | Previous | Page 25 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me