darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Trap Team Tablet Edition Works on the Switch
Page 1 of 1
Trap Team Tablet Edition Works on the Switch
sinkillerj Green Sparx Gems: 489
#1 Posted: 18:56:32 02/09/2019 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Decided to try this out since the Switch is basically a Nvidia Shield and many Shield games work fine.

You will need an older RCM-able Switch, or some other way to run homebrew, in this case Hekate. You will also need to install SwitchRoot Android on a SD card.

The game was removed from the play store, but the apk can be found on apkpure. You will also need to track down the obb file, and the 4gb cache that includes all the characters and the full game. I may repack all this if the mods are ok with it being posted here. I found my copy from a certain website ran by our friends in Russia.

When playing you may notice black bars and the touch calibration being off, this is a known bug with fullscreen apps in SwitchRoot and will likely be fixed in the future, for now download any app that can hide the navigation bar and the problem will go away.

I've not tried playing with a portal yet as I do not have a tablet one, but it should work fine assuming you have the full cache.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 20:06:21 02/09/2019
ROMs are not allowed here or giving cryptic directions, though I think describing what to do in general is ok.

Still, pretty interesting!
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
sinkillerj Green Sparx Gems: 489
#3 Posted: 20:19:16 02/09/2019 | Topic Creator
It's kinda a grey area to me with this game since even with the full game data you are still required to have a figure to progress past the demo. That said if you do happen to have an Android device with the premium cache from when the game was live you should be able to extract it. Really, it's just a shame that so many companies do this now. I find it particularly dirty given that Battlegrounds and Trap Team were sold in retail and those users have not legitimate way to redownload now, but I digress, I'm certainly not the first one to make that arguement, this is still a thing that works and its kinda neat =D.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#4 Posted: 11:09:40 03/09/2019
mobile games are garbage, live and learn, never waste your money on this.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#5 Posted: 12:57:37 03/09/2019
Don't pay attention to this guy, he only shows up on this forum to disrupt a conversation. Delisting sucks but this does mean that someone without older consoles can at least have a looksee at the game - it's not like Acti is gonna see a single cent from a used copy anyway.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me