Forum

Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Did You Know?
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#1 Posted: 08:57:24 22/08/2019 | Topic Creator
Did you know that in the NTSC regions, Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! had four different printings?

Now, we all know about the regular gold foil black label version:

[User Posted Image]

The Greatest Hits version:

[User Posted Image]

And the somewhat rare Collectors Edition:

[User Posted Image]

But did you know that there's also a non-gold foil black label version?

[User Posted Image]

IMO, this has to be the rarest version of Spyro 2. I do see them pop up from time to time on eBay, but not nearly as much as the other versions (last I checked, there's a few of them up). I imagine these were printed right before the greatest hits re-release sometime in the early 2000's. Just a fun factoid for you all.

As for Spyro 3, I cannot confirm if it was ever printed without the holographic cover for the black label version. Unlike Spyro 2, Spyro 3's holographic cover was a separate sheet as opposed to the actual first page of the manual, so they could get lost to the ether. Would need to see a sealed non-holographic black label version to confirm.

For reference:

[User Posted Image]
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 09:09:46 22/08/2019 by JCW555
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4229
#2 Posted: 14:37:47 22/08/2019
I really love the holographic covers; I only ever had the Greatest Hits versions, so I've only seen others have them. Would love to own one someday.
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#3 Posted: 19:37:47 22/08/2019
I’d have to double check, but I think I have all of these. XD Spyro 2 being my favourite, I went out of my way to get all the copies of it I could. If I don’t have them all, it’s the holographic cover I’m missing, weirdly enough. Now I know where to look for it if I feel the need to finish my collection of the console games and guides. :) I should probably find another copy of EtD just for completion’s sake but...eeeehhhh. I bought it once, I really don’t want to do it again unless I can find it for super cheap.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me