Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Avengers: Endgame spoiler discussion
Page 1 of 1
Avengers: Endgame spoiler discussion
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1 Posted: 02:53:30 26/04/2019 | Topic Creator
Figured I'd post this here since the topic in Idle Chatter is dead and people are more likely to come here.

Steve using Mjolnir was literally a dream come true I still can't believe that actually happened on screen.

This is literally Return of the King on steroids, like holy **** that shot with all of the Avengers coming together and Steve saying "Assemble" may be the greatest thing I've ever seen in a movie.
---
Cool cool.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#2 Posted: 03:16:42 26/04/2019
i thought it was alright. not the best marvel movie and inferior to infinity war. movie was bit too long for my taste and felt like 20 minutes could be edited out. war machine was practically worthless and didnt need to be in the movie. i like a o scotts review where he says
Quote:
Any single film can serve as a point of entry, and insider status is easy enough to obtain. There has never been anything difficult or challenging, which is a limitation as well as a selling point.

Quote:
None of the 22 films in this cycle are likely to be remembered as great works of cinema, because none have really tried.

Quote:
Still, “Endgame” is a monument to adequacy, a fitting capstone to an enterprise that figured out how to be good enough for enough people enough of the time.
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#3 Posted: 07:15:34 26/04/2019
i really loved endgame, probably my second favorite behind guardians 1
had a few plot issues but it was otherwise really solid

-LOVED ant-man's importance to the plot
-miek with the pizza was worth admission alone
-the cap with mjolnir scene made me cry, as did the team lineup with "avengers assemble", easily the best part of the entire film imo
-im glad everyone got a moment in some way, i particularly liked rhodey and nebula relating to each other and their various limb losses and replacements
-"easy stark, you're only a genius on earth" damn straight
-i really enjoyed all the marvel women teaming up to get captain marvel to the portal, even if they were ultimately unsuccessful, it was pretty exciting!
-the minute they split off into teams with black widow and hawkeye together, i knew nat was gonna die. theyre the only two with real attachment to each other outside of avenging
-i dont know how i feel about stark's death yet. as a completion to an arc, it felt good, but i also feel like having a kid and all that was an arc completeion to. i thought the whole point of stark having a kid was so they wouldnt get ripped away and then they did it anyways. i think im gonna need to see it a few times first before i actually know how i feel about it.
-im also wondering how cap going back to peggy effected the timeline. we know it branches off or whatever, but if this is the main continuity where all the previous events happen, what happens to peggy now that cap's there, and survives to 2023? what happens now that loki's gone? how does he get back in time for thor: the dark world?

Quote: somePerson
i thought it was alright. not the best marvel movie and inferior to infinity war. movie was bit too long for my taste and felt like 20 minutes could be edited out. war machine was practically worthless and didnt need to be in the movie. i like a o scotts review where he says
Quote:
Any single film can serve as a point of entry, and insider status is easy enough to obtain. There has never been anything difficult or challenging, which is a limitation as well as a selling point.

Quote:
None of the 22 films in this cycle are likely to be remembered as great works of cinema, because none have really tried.

Quote:
Still, “Endgame” is a monument to adequacy, a fitting capstone to an enterprise that figured out how to be good enough for enough people enough of the time.

what a coincidence! i liked what scott derrickson said about the review! :D
Quote: Scott Derrickson
In this largely positive @nytimes review, @aoscott writes, "None of the 22 films in this cycle are likely to be remembered as great works of cinema, because none have really tried."

Poppycock.

We work as hard at making great cinema as any so-called "important" filmmakers.

real talk, name 5 best picture winners in the last 20 years that are actually gonna have an impact on cinema and pop culture as a whole
like it or not, the MCU started a lot of cinematic trends, and many of the films (black panther especially) had an actual impact in pop culture
a film doesnt have to be some arthouse indie flick on the culture of depression in actors or whatever, that's not why people go to the movies

youre entitled to your own opinion obviously, but if youre gonna go off about the film and how mediocre you thought it was, its not the best idea to put it in the topic where people who are actually excited and enjoyed the film and want to discuss it with others are going to post
you didnt even talk about any spoilers, you could always post about it in the film topic in idle chatter
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:19:54 26/04/2019 by Vespi
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#4 Posted: 01:47:23 27/04/2019
At first I was a little disappointed that Hulk didn't get a rematch against Thanos. But I thought about it more and thematically speaking, it's really cool that while Hulk was the first to catch Thanos' hands on-screen, he was also the one who actually undid Thanos' work. In that way, he was the one who truly defeated Thanos.

Build-A-Bear
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#5 Posted: 12:50:07 27/04/2019
I really had a good time seeing the movie... but...

• Disappointed that Captain Marvel didn't have a much larger role or interacted with Iron Man or Captain America like passing the torch to this new hero as the old ones now depart.
  • Since Loki took stole the Tesseract again, does this mean he's still alive?
  • I thought we would've seen more of how half the universe being killed affected the other half like maybe a mother dog disappears, leaving behind a litter of puppies or maybe a Jordan Peterson-lookalike disappears, causing his class of young men to panic. Of course, that kind of stuff probably would've been too frightening for children.
  • It sucked that the Agents of SHIELD or any of the Defenders never got to join the fight.

Hopefully the next Comic-Con or D23 will show us the next 5 years worth of movies.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#6 Posted: 14:54:24 27/04/2019
I enjoyed this movie a lot, though I was less satisfied with some character arcs than others.

Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Ant-man were all handled brilliantly. I think they also perfectly handled bringing back all the snapped characters.

Rocket was good, but I feel like he had less of a presence than in IW.

It was weird how Thanos died so quickly, though I figured they'd probably bring him back with time travel, which they did. His personality didn't shine as much as in IW, but the final battle was one of the best final battles ever.

Hulk...I have mixed feelings. I love the idea of Banner and Hulk merging into Professor Hulk, but I wish they'd shown the resolution between the two on-screen, instead of just glossing over it in the time skip. Also, I really wish Professor Hulk had gotten a fight scene during the final battle. It's weird that he wasn't alongside Cap, Thor, and Iron Man in the final stand against Thanos. It's almost like the writers forgot that Hulk was also one of the OG phase 1 heroes, in fact his movie came out before Captain America's and Thor's. I guess Disney wants to downplay that fact because of the Universal rights issue, which is why Hulk never gets solo movies anymore.

Thor was...weird. He was funny, but....eh....I would have preferred it if they toned down the comedy angle and treated him with a bit more gravity, like Professor Xavier in Days of Future Past. Also, I really hope they don't keep him this way in future movies. I want badass Thor from Infinity War back.

And finally...Captain Marvel. Ultimately she was all flash and very little substance, just a plot device really. It's a shame they didn't plan ahead well enough to make her more of a character in the plot with substantial interactions with other characters. She's supposed to be leading the next group of Avengers, right? Would have been nice if it felt like they actually passed the torch to her.

Overall, very satifying conclusion to the Infinity Stones saga. Really curious where the MCU goes from here. I kind of feel like things are going to slow down for awhile, with no central overarching plot, until they finally start incorporating the X-men in somehow (which probably won't happen for at least five years or so).
---
Boop me if you see this.
#7 Posted: 15:39:08 27/04/2019
Quote: StevemacQ

• Disappointed that Captain Marvel didn't have a much larger role or interacted with Iron Man or Captain America like passing the torch to this new hero as the old ones now depart.
  • I thought we would've seen more of how half the universe being killed affected the other half like maybe a mother dog disappears, leaving behind a litter of puppies or maybe a Jordan Peterson-lookalike disappears, causing his class of young men to panic. Of course, that kind of stuff probably would've been too frightening for children.
  • It sucked that the Agents of SHIELD or any of the Defenders never got to join the fight.

Hopefully the next Comic-Con or D23 will show us the next 5 years worth of movies.

No, Loki is still dead. As Banner said, the main timeline cannot be changed - changes create alternate timelines. And honestly, we have no guarantee that this would've created one. Even in the alternate timeline, he still could've ****ed things up and gotten captured elsewhere, meaning he still ended up in the dungeons and the Tesseract was still safely back in Asgard.

Quote: Muffin Man
I enjoyed this movie a lot, though I was less satisfied with some character arcs than others.

Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Ant-man were all handled brilliantly. I think they also perfectly handled bringing back all the snapped characters.

Rocket was good, but I feel like he had less of a presence than in IW.

It was weird how Thanos died so quickly, though I figured they'd probably bring him back with time travel, which they did. His personality didn't shine as much as in IW, but the final battle was one of the best final battles ever.

Hulk...I have mixed feelings. I love the idea of Banner and Hulk merging into Professor Hulk, but I wish they'd shown the resolution between the two on-screen, instead of just glossing over it in the time skip. Also, I really wish Professor Hulk had gotten a fight scene during the final battle. It's weird that he wasn't alongside Cap, Thor, and Iron Man in the final stand against Thanos. It's almost like the writers forgot that Hulk was also one of the OG phase 1 heroes, in fact his movie came out before Captain America's and Thor's. I guess Disney wants to downplay that fact because of the Universal rights issue, which is why Hulk never gets solo movies anymore.

Thor was...weird. He was funny, but....eh....I would have preferred it if they toned down the comedy angle and treated him with a bit more gravity, like Professor Xavier in Days of Future Past. Also, I really hope they don't keep him this way in future movies. I want badass Thor from Infinity War back.

And finally...Captain Marvel. Ultimately she was all flash and very little substance, just a plot device really. It's a shame they didn't plan ahead well enough to make her more of a character in the plot with substantial interactions with other characters. She's supposed to be leading the next group of Avengers, right? Would have been nice if it felt like they actually passed the torch to her.

Overall, very satifying conclusion to the Infinity Stones saga. Really curious where the MCU goes from here. I kind of feel like things are going to slow down for awhile, with no central overarching plot, until they finally start incorporating the X-men in somehow (which probably won't happen for at least five years or so).

I actually think Hulk's arc was sort of poetic. He had always been the brawn, now he finally gets to be the brains. And remember, he was the one who actually undid the Snap, so at the end of the day, he truly defeated Thanos - the perfect payback for getting beat down in IW.

As for Thor, I didn't like it at first but it's grown on me, and I think the comedy is just there to hide the tragedy (as Thor himself would do). Plus he was a badass again in the finale so we got to see him rise back up.

Inevitable
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#8 Posted: 16:06:53 27/04/2019
Quote: Metallo

No, Loki is still dead. As Banner said, the main timeline cannot be changed - changes create alternate timelines. And honestly, we have no guarantee that this would've created one. Even in the alternate timeline, he still could've ****ed things up and gotten captured elsewhere, meaning he still ended up in the dungeons and the Tesseract was still safely back in Asgard.

you want some eggs?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:07:25 27/04/2019 by Vespi
#9 Posted: 16:49:19 27/04/2019
Quote: Vespi
Quote: Metallo

you want some eggs?

I interpreted that as being in the past within our timeline. Either way, in the MCU going forward, he is no longer relevant.

Cheez Whiz
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#10 Posted: 19:08:20 27/04/2019
Good movie but
UGH FORTNITE AND DABBING WHY
---
Soon.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#11 Posted: 20:09:45 27/04/2019
korgnite is a mortal sin
captain marvel was only in it for... what 10 minutes?? comin in clutch with the lesbian haircut
also ant man the real mvp
psuedo hulk was great
cap with mjolnir was ****in great

so... is thor like a guardian now? and where’s gamora?

earthquake at the bottom of the ocean
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:01:51 28/04/2019 by ZapNorris
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#12 Posted: 21:40:23 27/04/2019
Something that bothered me was
that Thanos became some generic villain by the end.
IW Thanos was like: If I kill half the people it’ll be better
Endgame Thanos: Humanity is flawed, therefore genocide is an acceptable response
---
Soon.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#13 Posted: 07:49:03 28/04/2019
Mickey Mouse dies in Endgame
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#14 Posted: 14:06:58 28/04/2019
maybe a Jordan Peterson-lookalike disappears, causing his class of young men to panic. Of course, that kind of stuff probably would've been too frightening for children.

glad you are thinking of the unwashed penises this would cause
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#15 Posted: 17:30:30 28/04/2019
On my second viewing, I was able to appreciate Thor and Hulk a lot more, since I was over the initial strangeness and didn't spend the movie hoping for things to happen with them that wouldn't happen.

However I do still hope Thor changes his look again in GotG3. Maybe not go back to the previous look, but he should definitely get back in shape. I do really like the idea of Thor being this character whose look regularly changes across the span of the MCU. Hopefully Hemsworth is willing to play the character for a long, long time.

-----
---
Boop me if you see this.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#16 Posted: 17:42:27 28/04/2019
Quote: Muffin Man
On my second viewing, I was able to appreciate Thor and Hulk a lot more, since I was over the initial strangeness and didn't spend the movie hoping for things to happen with them that wouldn't happen.

However I do still hope Thor changes his look again in GotG3. Maybe not go back to the previous look, but he should definitely get back in shape. I do really like the idea of Thor being this character whose look regularly changes across the span of the MCU. Hopefully Hemsworth is willing to play the character for a long, long time.

-----

Hemsworth very much is willing.

Noobmaster69
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#17 Posted: 19:36:48 28/04/2019
fortnite

Yaaaaaaa
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me