Forum

Poll

Favourite Year of the Dragon boss?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Mark Cerny Details Information About The PlayStation 5 (Not Coming in 2019!)
Page 1 of 1
Mark Cerny Details Information About The PlayStation 5 (Not Coming in 2019!)
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5818
#1 Posted: 17:24:05 16/04/2019 | Topic Creator
Here's a link to the article.

Basic Information:
- Will not be released this year/in 2019. (Thank God)
- Will be powered by a CPU based on the third-generation AMD Ryzen processor and a GPU based on AMD’s Radeon Navi, which will support ray tracing and resolutions up to 8K.
- Will have an SSD for faster loading times. (Spider-Man 2018's loading times, for example, are cut from 15 seconds to a minuscule 0.8)
- Will be backwards compatible with at least PS4 and PSVR. (Backwards compatibility with some of the older PlayStation consoles has also been rumored for quite some time, but this hasn't been confirmed by neither Cerny or Sony itself)
- Some games will be released on both PS4 and PS5. (Death Stranding was one such game that this was hinted to apply to, but this was still not confirmed outright)

All in all, I'm hyped as hell for this! (And so thankful that it's not coming out this year and will be at least backwards compatible with PS4)
---
Killing slow is the way I conquer
Until you know the meaning of suffer
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 19:59:19 16/04/2019 by Sesshomaru75
HeyitsHotDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 5004
#2 Posted: 17:44:26 16/04/2019
With me getting my PS4 in November, I'm glad it's not coming this year. Also, it sounds like a damn sexy console.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
#3 Posted: 17:46:38 16/04/2019 | Topic Creator
I got my PS4 back in February of 2017 and I'm still happy that it's not getting released this year. lmao
---
Vespi Yellow Sparx Gems: 1196
#4 Posted: 19:48:08 16/04/2019
I really hope PS3 and further will be supported as well. I'd kill to play the Metal Gear Solid series and Persona on the PS5.
That being said, I'm curious about whether or not save data from the PS4 could transfer to the PS5.
---
(◕︿◕✿)
I am Groot. (*I Guardians of the Galaxy 23:48*)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:50:23 16/04/2019 by Vespi
#5 Posted: 19:59:02 16/04/2019 | Topic Creator
I could see backwards compatibility with PS1 and PS2 in some form, as I don't imagine that it'd be that hard to implement.
(Even if it's more akin to emulation than what one usually thinks of when they hear the term "backwards compatibility")

PS3 is where I'm honestly not sure, if only because the PS3 (As much as I love it) was a mess due to the proprietary hardware that they used to the point where even first-party developers had a hard time developing for the thing.
(Which is why the PS4 wasn't backwards compatible with it in the first place, as it was too different hardware-wise)
I could end up being surprised, though. *shrug*

Transferring save data should be no harder than backing it up onto online storage on the PS4 (Though that'd require PS Plus, obviously) and then copying it onto the SSD/HDD of the PS5.
(They might do a free program strictly for transferring save data from the PS4 to the PS5, though)
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:01:39 16/04/2019 by Sesshomaru75
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#6 Posted: 07:07:47 17/04/2019
Glad to hear about the SSD, the lack thereof is one of the crippling faults I find with consoles nowadays. But it won't help the price tag unless it's a hybrid SSD/HDD, or the system has both - the SSD for the PS5 operating system and maybe some games, and a HDD for everything else. Then again, SSD prices may have dropped by the time the system comes out, which I'm glad won't be this year.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3064
#7 Posted: 07:57:55 17/04/2019
Bruh I'm still having a hard time accepting it's coming, it just feels so early for the PS4 to go.

But hey backwards compatibility that's cool.
---
Play time's over!
SuperSpyroFan Platinum Sparx Gems: 6581
#8 Posted: 12:56:55 17/04/2019
I'll be excited if it's backwards compatible at least all the way to the PS2, because now for people who want to go back to the earlier games will have to have at least 4 PlayStations on the desk at the same time, and it starts to get a bit ridiculous. You can only have so much space for these consoles.
#9 Posted: 17:19:21 17/04/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I'll be excited if it's backwards compatible at least all the way to the PS2, because now for people who want to go back to the earlier games will have to have at least 4 PlayStations on the desk at the same time, and it starts to get a bit ridiculous. You can only have so much space for these consoles.

Wouldn't it be three at most, since PS2 and PS3 are both backwards compatible with PS1? (It'd be two at most if you have a PS3 that's backwards compatible with PS2)

I wouldn't get your hopes up for PS3 backwards compatibility either way if I were you. :/
---
SuperSpyroFan Platinum Sparx Gems: 6581
#10 Posted: 17:22:31 18/04/2019
Quote: Sesshomaru75

Wouldn't it be three at most, since PS2 and PS3 are both backwards compatible with PS1? (It'd be two at most if you have a PS3 that's backwards compatible with PS2)

I wouldn't get your hopes up for PS3 backwards compatibility either way if I were you. :/

Not all PS2 games work with the PS3.
#11 Posted: 17:38:56 18/04/2019 | Topic Creator
Not all PS2 games work with the PS3.

Fair enough. *shrug*

I personally don't keep my PS2 set up all the time, as I have a majority of the PS2 games that I'd want to play on either my PS3 or PS4.
Otherwise I usually have my PS2 put away save for the rare times where I actually want to play it, since the only games I have for it that I can't play elsewhere are some of the PS2 Crash and Spyro games. (Which I'm usually not in the mood to play anyways)
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:27:27 18/04/2019 by Sesshomaru75
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me