Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private)
First | Previous | Page 45 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private) [CLOSED]
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9858
#2201 Posted: 19:13:58 21/07/2019
When Shade returned, with news of how it went, Tyraika blew a puff of smoke. "Tch, figures. I told you so," she grumbled. Tyraika got up, turned away from the mermaid, and laid back down. "No one is going to give me a chance after what happened, especially not her." She laid her head down on the deck.

Tyraika raised her head to look at Veris as he came out. She watched him fly for a moment and sighed. "At least you still have the ability to fly," she said to Shade. "I mine as well have my wings cut off at this point." At this rate, Tyraika doubted she would ever get to fly again. She'd probably never be free again, and would simply be stuck on this ship forever. Tyraika laid her head back down with a sigh.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#2202 Posted: 19:39:34 21/07/2019
Veris gave a contented growl, as he slowly picked up altitude in his forward motion. As he did so, he would perform a quick corkscrew twist in his elation. Even if Sere wasn't always available, he was glad that he had Angora to take good care of him. He couldn't help but wonder what kind of food was beyond the walls of the settlement - but knew better than to fly in and check for himself.

Tyraika wouldn't be laying down for long. Latnok soon came over, ready to get the deal over with. "You. Get up," Latnok ordered roughly. "We're going to finally get this out of the way. I'm going to chain you to the wall in the wyvern pen. From there, we will see what our mermaid wants to do with you." Latnok didn't know all of Ilasi's plans in regards to Tyraika - but knew that restraining the dragon would likely be a very important first step.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8581
#2203 Posted: 19:45:54 21/07/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade looked at Latnok. “May I come sir? I know I may not be much help but maybe for emotional support?”
---
SC
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#2204 Posted: 20:15:31 21/07/2019
After being done with Dahlia, Maverick left and went to check on his girlfriend. He wanted to find Angora first but he had no idea where she was/ Maybe in the cabin. The kitchen. Or maybe Veris. Knowing he would take much time searching, he headed to Ilasi's own cabin first, finding to his surprise and delight that it was empty. Maybe finally she has recovered fully. He only hoped that Latnok didn't force her to get up and work.

Quote: A Guy
Veris gave a contented growl, as he slowly picked up altitude in his forward motion. As he did so, he would perform a quick corkscrew twist in his elation. Even if Sere wasn't always available, he was glad that he had Angora to take good care of him. He couldn't help but wonder what kind of food was beyond the walls of the settlement - but knew better than to fly in and check for himself.

Angora looked around, wanting to see if there were creatures out there Veris could hunt. Maybe a few seagulls, but she spotted nothing. Perhaps the area lacked the appropriate fauna, or maybe they knew better than to venture around the island. Or maybe the natives have eaten them all? It didn't matter. Veris would have to be pleased with just the flying and leave the hunting for another time. She let the wyvern navigate himself, knowing he could do anything but go over the walls. She had to brace herself tightly when he made those complicated maneuvers, but at least he was happy, and he could stay as long as he wanted as far as he followed that one rule.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#2205 Posted: 20:44:21 21/07/2019
Tyraika raised her head, when she heard footsteps coming towards her. Seeing that it was Latnok, she expected more training, or something of that nature. His rough tone of voice didn't help her mood any, but nevertheless, she obeyed. However, Tyraika was surprised to hear that the plan for today was not to train, but to apparently get her wing fixed. She doubted the mermaid would actually be willing to heal her, though. Tyraika took a deep breath. "I... Understand," she muttered with a sigh.

Tyraika still hated the idea of being chained up, but she didn't know what other choice she had. Every supposed option she thought of in that moment seemed like it would only lead to a worse outcome. She still needed to get her wing fixed, since Tyraika knew she was at a disadvantage without the ability to fly. She just wasn't sure if it was still worth the risk of possibly losing all her freedom. However, it was too late to turn back now.
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#2206 Posted: 21:17:01 21/07/2019
Quote:
Ray nodded along as the others gave them their names. "A really odd group you guys have here," he said. "Pretty similar to how this island became what it is today, actually. Mercenary ships came here to take shelter from an incoming storm. That storm never went away. So here we remain, making the most of it and developing as a society here."
Ray paused to think for a moment. "...say, what are you guys here for? On the archipelago, I mean. Wait, hold that thought." With a motion, Ray called the bartender over.bar
"How may I help you, sir?" the bartender asked.
"Give us a pitcher of Riptide," Ray requested. "And cups, of course."
"Certainly," the bartender said, before returning to the back of the counter to begin preparing the drink.

"Our ship's been traveling for some time now-- picking up new and unique crew mates such as my friends here.," Raclaw began to explain with Risar offering a nod in agreement. He paused-- letting someone explain the captain's situation if they wished. He wondered how the bartender would view him... as your typical pet or as something more.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#2207 Posted: 21:19:39 21/07/2019
Veris continued to play around, completely carefree at the moment. The past few days had been uneventful, as far as he was concerned. Still, uneventful days didn't have to be boring days. He had plenty of energy to burn still, and what better way to do so than keeping himself in prime shape with his favorite troll?

Latnok only needed a very small moment to think of an answer for Shade. "No," he said firmly. "I'll be able to keep her under control well enough, and I'd rather not have you around to screw anything up or protest.
Though Latnok could understand Tyraika still, it was becoming harder to decipher her meaning; Raclaw was headed farther away, so this would ideally have to be done quickly.

The bartender soon returned with the pitcher requested; a cyan mixture with several fruits suspended. Ray immediately took the pitcher and poured it into a cup for himself.
"So, do you fellers drink? Alcohol, that is," he asked politely - recalling that people on the outside may have different customs.
"I do," Leoquin said. "I'd appreciate some of that."
Ray poured a glass for Leoquin, allowing Leoquin to take the glass for himself. Leoquin did so, taking a sip, then another.
"Hmm... pretty strong," he said, almost with a grimace - before his expression became suddenly more pleasant. "But very good! Local plants, I take it?"
"Yeah, that's right," Ray answered. He then took a look at Risar - and a glance at Raclaw. "So, uh, what about you guys?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:26:15 21/07/2019 by A Guy
#2208 Posted: 21:40:05 21/07/2019
Maverick took a small detour to Veris' enclosure, and when he saw the wyvern was gone, he correctly assumed Angora had taken him for a ride. He was worried about them flying around a heavy guarded place like that, but he trusted Angora took the necessary precautions.

He headed to the main deck, and after about two minutes of searching, he found Ilasi.
"Ilasi mi amor! So happy to see you outside getting some fresh air. Ready for duty?" he asked with a smile, pleased that she wasn't in bed at last. He took brief glances at the sky to see if he could spot the flying wyvern...

Veris continued to play around, completely carefree at the moment. The past few days had been uneventful, as far as he was concerned. Still, uneventful days didn't have to be boring days. He had plenty of energy to burn still, and what better way to do so than keeping himself in prime shape with his favorite troll?

Angora was getting dizzy, but she didn't let Veris know. He looked too happy to have it spoiled just like that. Shade flew to higher altitudes, but Veris was faster. and a much heavy eater. Angora had been afraid that Veris would start getting fat receiving so much food and no exercise, so this truly was a moment to take advantage of.

But even with the thrill and altitude, Angora started pondering about Sere, and how he was feeling. She hoped he felt as lousy as she did when she was in the same position. She was doing something he couldn't do right now, and that he barely did even while free. Sure, he had his heavy duties as captain, but he still neglected Veris for the most part. All the tasks have befallen her, yet he and Latnok still made her feel like a load, useless and not worthy of anything. But their approval meant nothing for her now. She wasted too much time seeking it, and they could never give her that chance. She wanted Latnok to give her a chance to train her, but she knew that would be another waste of time, so she was having some serious second thoughts. Taking care of Veris was her own free will, not an order, and she intended to keep doing it. She had him, she had Shade and Maverick, who also loved her. Orion and Shepherd took an interest in her. Made her feel useful. Made her feel special. Who cared about what tthose two thought about her when she had many people, and even animals who appreciated her?
---
#2209 Posted: 21:44:00 21/07/2019 | Topic Creator
“Look I...” Shade was about to say he hasn’t had an outburst for months and been following orders as said but decided not to say the rest. “Nevermind. I understand sir.” He looked at Tyraika. “I be up here waiting for you.
---
SC
#2210 Posted: 21:49:55 21/07/2019
Quote:
ay poured a glass for Leoquin, allowing Leoquin to take the glass for himself. Leoquin did so, taking a sip, then another.
"Hmm... pretty strong," he said, almost with a grimace - before his expression became suddenly more pleasant. "But very good! Local plants, I take it?"
"Yeah, that's right," Ray answered. He then took a look at Risar - and a glance at Raclaw. "So, uh, what about you guys?"

"I'll take the same. Don't worry-- I can handle it.," Risar responded with a hearty smile. Raclaw, for his part, appreciated that the bartender at least glanced at him and provided a polite answer. "I'll take the same as well-- and an bowl or wider cup if you have it." the Fur Dragon said with a gentle smile. Chester provided a quiet bark. "..and a bowl of water for Chester here.," Raclaw then added.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:05:52 21/07/2019 by redwes
#2211 Posted: 18:00:27 23/07/2019
Tyraika sighed. She didn't expect Latnok to agree to having Shade around for any reason, so his answer didn't surprise her. The Guardian didn't seem to want the dragolet being involved with anything they were doing. Still, Tyraika wished she could have her friend with her. Even if the humans didn't agree or believe it, Shade had actually been a big help in keeping her calm and relaxed. The thought of not having him or even Raclaw around made her more nervous.

Tyraika glanced at Shade. "Thanks. I'll... See you later... I guess," she muttered. There was uncertainty in her tone. Tyraika wasn't sure if she would be allowed back up on deck to even see her friend again. What if the humans just left her chained up down there? Tyraika didn't want to think of that possibility, but it's where her mind kept going to. She took a deep breath to try to calm her nerves.
---
#2212 Posted: 21:56:54 23/07/2019
With Tyraika's instructions clear, Latnok beckoned for her to follow, not looking particularly enthused about the ordeal. "This'll be as easy as you want it to be," he said as he kept moving. Hopefully once this was done, Tyraika would be more enticed to keep her end of the deal - or, at the very least, be less hostile around strangers. She was still too dangerous to let into general society.

Ray beamed as he poured a tall glass for Risar and eagerly handed it to him. "Cheers!" he gleefully let out - being particularly boisterous despite not having had anything to drink yet.
The bartender, in the meanwhile, heard Raclaw's unusual request for a drinking bowl. "Hmm... two bowls suited for, uh, quadrupeds... let me see if I can find some," she said. Looking around, she dug through some cabinets at the bottom before finding some suitable bowls. She laid one out for Raclaw, gently on the counter, allowing someone else to set it down for him, as she filled Chester's bowl with water. That bowl would also soon end up on the counter.
"Well, well, I like you guys already! Come, relax a bit! Let us show you that we're not all the kind of people Duessul would have you believe!" Ray bade the visitors - as he began to take some of his first drink.

Princess Nirsesh miserably slouched in a dark corner of her dungeon cell beneath Tal Rogas castle - a place reserved for prisoners of notable importance to the king. Throughout all this time, she had to wonder - what exactly triggered all these events? While Silvianesti and Aelinon hadn't been on the best of terms, there were no hostilities to this level until very recently. What suddenly caused the drastic change in tone? Were all of the accusations true?
Her ruminating would soon be interrupted by the sound of boots echoing within the dungeon. Three people - no, more - by the sound of it. It couldn't be a typical patrol - far too many.
Nirsesh's questions would soon be answered - soon moving into her vision were King Seraos and several members of his royal guard - with a body.
It was unmistakable. King Glaveilio.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:18:56 24/07/2019 by A Guy
#2213 Posted: 02:21:57 24/07/2019
Huntress was somewhere in the building, making up conversation with the soldiers, bringing them food and simple tasks like that. It wasn't something she was fond of, but it helped her distract herself and help the dear Aelinonian soldiers. She loved helping the behemoths, but it was an arduous task and she wanted to take it easy for a while. More often than not, when she wasn't doing anything, she would take a look at the drawing of Maverick that was made when he was a wanted man. She wasn't being discrete anymore. Sometimes she would stare at that picture nonstop, and then forcefully place her in her pocket again. For some reason, she was obsessed with the faun hybrid. Was it because he was handsome? Some women around did find him attractive, even though he was a criminal before, so was that it? No, it couldn't be. When Huntress looked at the picture, it wasn't that of a woman with a crush. There was an expression alright, but it wasn't that. However, her face was so neutral, it was hard, if not impossible to tell what that feeling was...
---
#2214 Posted: 03:13:02 24/07/2019
Like a block of lead, Nirsesh's heart sank seeing the body of her father. Aelinon... they really were serious about this. But for Glaveilio to fall already?
As much as she wanted to scream, Nirsesh was left with no words to say. So in shock was she, she couldn't even cry. Seraos would soon answer her questions.
"So you've recognized your father, then. As much as we would like to take credit for this, we found his body downriver - we don't know what killed him."
"...you're lying... you're LYING!!!!" Nirsesh finally let out, suddenly breaking down in her sorrow and misery.
"If I had the opportunity, do you not think I would have made a spectacle of your father's death? A show for all of Aelinon to remember, with you present? No - I had no such opportunity. We knew of some level of civil unrest - and of some new religion or somesort - but as to how Glaveilio was killed? And why he was just carelessly dumped in a river? That is beyond my understanding."
Nirsesh was only barely processing what Seraos was - what the king said made sense, and yet she couldn't bring herself to believ that this was anything other than a result of Aelinon brutality. She was little more than a sobbing mess on the floor.
"...as little respect as I have for you people after what has happened between us, I felt you at least deserved to know what happened. Accept my words, or don't. In the meantime, I will have to carefully consider the situation. I'll have your father's body preserved, so you may choose how to bury him."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2215 Posted: 14:49:39 24/07/2019
Huntress thought she had heard something, but continued with her chores as if nothing was happening. She had too much on her mind to be thinking about other things happening. In the few times she asked about Maverick, almost all the answers were that he had some fascination with a ridiculously small troll, the same one that was faced with a behemoth and whose life the king pardoned (a decision that still baffled her to this very day). It wasn't like her king to forgive such bloodthirsty creatures, but the troll did confess to a crime he didn't commit, so that had to be it. Or maybe Seraos took pity to her size?

It didn't matter. The point was that this once wanted man seemed to be obsessed with this creature, and the little beast in question faced her behemoth foe for a second time... just to have a conversation. It was the talk of the guards for a while, and Huntress believed that if she wanted to have an answer to her questions, maybe this behemoth was the only one that could help her with the information she seeked...
---
#2216 Posted: 19:44:27 24/07/2019
Quote:
Ray beamed as he poured a tall glass for Risar and eagerly handed it to him. "Cheers!" he gleefully let out - being particularly boisterous despite not having had anything to drink yet.
The bartender, in the meanwhile, heard Raclaw's unusual request for a drinking bowl. "Hmm... two bowls suited for, uh, quadrupeds... let me see if I can find some," she said. Looking around, she dug through some cabinets at the bottom before finding some suitable bowls. She laid one out for Raclaw, gently on the counter, allowing someone else to set it down for him, as she filled Chester's bowl with water. That bowl would also soon end up on the counter.
"Well, well, I like you guys already! Come, relax a bit! Let us show you that we're not all the kind of people Duessul would have you believe!" Ray bade the visitors - as he began to take some of his first drink.

Risar raised a glass before taking a sip-- the cyan substance immediately tasting of local plants and essence of fruit. "Cheers!," Risar responded with a another hearty smile before taking the two bowls and setting them down upon filling Raclaw's own bowl via the pitcher. It had no doubt been an unusual request on Raclaw's part, with very few bars ever having the need to cater towards quadrupel creatures. "Strong, but subtle. The essence of fruit compliments the natural sweetness and no doubt provides an flavor unique towards your particular region. You could do well exporting this stuff.," the large minotaur than boasted seemingly complimenting the Riptide. Raclaw took a sip of his own, finding the taste indeed very satisfying. "Risar is right-- I'm no expert, but this could do well on the open market. Some may even consider it exotic and thus make it even more valuable.," he then suggested.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:50:37 24/07/2019 by redwes
#2217 Posted: 20:35:19 24/07/2019
Tyraika hesitated for a moment, but soon followed Latnok. Her body was tense and her fur stood on end. She took a deep breath. "I... Understand," she muttered. Tyraika wasn't exactly convinced this would be easy at all, but she was fairly certain that attempting to escape or fight would only make matters worse. She was still nervous about this whole ordeal, and she didn't know if they would actually let her go or not. The thought of being trapped here forever was a frightening one. Tyraika took another deep breath, but it wasn't quite enough to calm her down. She just couldn't help but feel like the worst would happen. She tried to stop herself from thinking of that, by instead focusing on her friend, his words of comfort and the advice he had given.
---
#2218 Posted: 21:47:28 24/07/2019
On one of the corners in the enclosure, a few large, sturdy phoenix steel loops were in place - installed by Sere in case of such a scenario. Latnok ushered Tyraika over, as he reached into his bag, fumbling around for the appropriate chains.
Upon finding the loops, Latnok callously tossed them on the ground, before grabbing one and securing it to one of the loops. A similar process would follow for the others - the chains were each made of segments which could be individually removed, which Latnok took advantage of to get as tight a fit as possible. At the ends, he secured the shackles - padded to prevent chafing.
"Well," he said, "get in place."

Back in Crystal's chamber, she was occasionally brought a nutritious paste - sometimes by the Ishulgites, sometimes by ishiud soldiers. This pattern was interrupted with the appearance of Cernentium, once again.
Cernentium didn't say anything initially when he approached Crystal - something else, however, would soon convey all he needed. Seemingly instantly, a creature seemingly flashed into existence - about two thirds the size of a typical man, insectoid, like many other ishiuds, with claws which the creature demonstrated to be freely retractable, and wings which closely folded into the creature's body.
"Behold - the blinker," Cernentium announced. "Thanks to your unique properties, we have been able to craft this masterpiece. Willingly or not, you are helping us. Why not freely embrace us? We only want what is mutually beneficial for as many as possible."

Ray's smile became somewhat more subdued as he began to look down in contemplation. "Yes... the outside world. That could indeed work. We've always appreciated a bit of coin," Ray said. "As you can tell, however, the storm keeps us separated. The source of it? We don't know for sure... but our guess would be that it has something to do with those Ishulgite fellows. They certainly have access to magic and some tools, from what we know. We've had certain... issues with them in the past. As long as they leave us alone, however, we're okay."
Ray looked back up. "But that's something we're hoping to be able to tackle one day. And when we do - we'll be sure to establish some nice trade routes. We won't need to fight for a living anymore!"

Ilasi felt rather nervous with Shade reinforcing the thought of dealing with Tyraika, but Maverick's presence immediately warmed her up again. "Oh, hello sweetie! I'm well for the moment," she answered, as she came in for a hug. "Just one more hardship on this journey, right? I'm not the only one who's been put in danger. But I can make it. How are you doing today?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:52:12 24/07/2019 by A Guy
#2219 Posted: 00:05:08 25/07/2019
"I'm fine. Great actually." Maverick replied as he returned the hug, feeling in quite a pleasant mood even though he was still a little worried about Angora.
"Ready to heal that dragon? I'd love to help you, but I don't think the creature likes me very much. Gave her some food this morning, so maybe she'll warm up to me eventually." he added, not liking the idea of leaving Ilasi alone in such a tense task, but Latnok and maybe even Shade would have to be the ones to help her. He didn't want to risk the accident repeating itself.

Way up in the sky, Veris continued flying, with Angora barely stirring. She only pulled him back in the times it seemed like he was going to pass beyond the wall to remind him of the warning. Other than that, everything went smoothly. It was quite cold there, so Angora could fill the chill in her nostrils. There hasn't been a soul up those skies except for some flying bugs slightly smaller than hummingbirds.
"Don't eat those Veris. They look... unpleasant." she would warn. They didn't look poisonous, but they did look very bad tasting. She didn't know if Veris' gluttony extended to bugs also, but whatever it was, she didn't want him to feed on them.
---
#2220 Posted: 01:51:23 25/07/2019
"I'll have to get to it soon," Ilasi answered neutrally. "The wing has to be set correctly - we can't hold off too long on that. I just hope Latnok is willing to keep the dragon restrained while I go about the process. I've mixed a stronger brew of sedative that I'll ask Latnok to give her before we continue." Ilasi took a brief glance over at the entrance to the wyvern pen. She had to face the creature eventually - might as well do it in a controlled environment, at the very least.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2221 Posted: 02:36:14 25/07/2019
While Maverick wasn't fond of animals being so restricted, especially beautiful wild ones, she understood the procedure completely. The safety of his girlfriend was above everything else.
"Good luck. I will be nearby if you need me... just not TOO much. I donMt want to startle her and risk you again." Maverick stated, looking at the sky again.
"Let me know when you're ready. I'll stay here a while and see if I can spot Veris. I think Angorita just took him for a flight." he then added, still worried about that matter. He took a brief glance at Shade and was temped to greet, but he avoided even a simple hand wave in case Latnok was that extreme with the rule.

Meanwhile, Huntress was thinking of talking to the behemoth known as Gregor. He knew the troll, and if he knew the creature, he possibly knew Maverick as well. She didn't know where he was. He once left to participate in the war, but rumors were that he was now positioned in the frontier. Only one way to find out.
"Saddle my horse. I'm going to the frontier." she said to one of the stable guards, determined to get the information she was obsessed with. She had no idea where this behemoth was, but going there was the only way to know where he was...
---
#2222 Posted: 09:29:32 25/07/2019
Tyraika hesitated and took a deep breath. The enclosure certainly felt like a dungeon to a wild dragon, which didn't really help her nerves any. She stood there quietly with her eyes closed, taking deep breaths while she waited for Latnok to finish what he was doing. When he spoke, she slowly opened her eyes and tensed up when she saw the chains. Her flight or fight response kicked in, and Tyraika instinctively wanted to take some sort of action. It took everything in her to keep from bolting or defending herself. She fidgeted uncomfortably, barely capable of standing still, while her fur stood on end. Tyraika shut her eyes tightly to get her gaze off the chains, and took deep breaths to try to calm herself. She tried to get her mind off of them and focus on anything else.

Tyraika imagined herself back home on her island, being able to fly freely once more. While it seemed like a happy thought at first, it quickly grew into a painful reminder of what she had lost and what she feared she would never get back. So she instead turned her focus to her friend, Shade. Tyraika played back their conversations in her mind, all his kind words and advice. He assured her that everything would be alright, so long as she simply followed orders. Shade promised that he would protect her, and she focused on how comforting his presence was. Tyraika also remembered how Raclaw had stood up for her, and was quite possibly a large part of why she was given another chance at all. These memories helped to calm her somewhat, reminding her that she had allies here who cared about her. She imagined them coming to her rescue, if the need arose, which helped to calm her further. The thought of her fellow dragons not allowing her to remain chained was a comforting one.

With a deep breath, Tyraika slowly stepped towards Latnok. She kept her eyes closed to avoid seeing the chains and risk making herself more nervous again. She had remembered the layout of the enclosure and where the chains were, so she was able to get into position without bumping into anything. Tyraika kept her mind focused on Shade and Raclaw, the new friend she had made, and at least a potential friend. Rather than trying to put her trust in humans she was still unsure about, she instead put her trust in her dragon allies. It was all Tyraika could do to keep from resisting.
---
#2223 Posted: 10:38:06 25/07/2019
Quote:
Ray's smile became somewhat more subdued as he began to look down in contemplation. "Yes... the outside world. That could indeed work. We've always appreciated a bit of coin," Ray said. "As you can tell, however, the storm keeps us separated. The source of it? We don't know for sure... but our guess would be that it has something to do with those Ishulgite fellows. They certainly have access to magic and some tools, from what we know. We've had certain... issues with them in the past. As long as they leave us alone, however, we're okay."
Ray looked back up. "But that's something we're hoping to be able to tackle one day. And when we do - we'll be sure to establish some nice trade routes. We won't need to fight for a living anymore!"

"The Ishulgite-- take comfort in the fact that you are not alone in having to deal with them. Me and.. well, me and my friends have had to deal with them on numerous occasions.," Raclaw said in-between sips almost mentioning Latnok by name, but opting to omit that particular detail. He wasn't sure if Ray would understand the complex relationship between himself and his Guardian/Owner. "But it wasn't impossible and, injuries aside, we able to get by with enough effort. Your people seem strong of heart and I don't doubt that you'll one day be able to fully resolve your issues.," he then said with Risar offering an grunt and a nod. Chester listened, but chose not to interrupt the ongoing conversation via unnecessary barking that no-one would understand anyway.
---
#2224 Posted: 15:56:59 25/07/2019
Latnok slowly and carefully put the shackles on Tyraika, notifying her beforehand of each one he was securing to avoid startling her. Once Tyraika was secured, Latnok was immediately prepared to continue.
"I'll get Ilasi, our mermaid," he informed Tyraika. "She may or may not have extra preparation for the procedure. Stand by." Latnok quickly walked out, giving Tyraika little opportunity to ask questions - not that he would be able to understand them fully at the moment anyways.

Maverick wouldn't have to wait for Ilasi to inform him that she was ready. Latnok soon marched over, looking prepared for business.
"Ilasi, the dragon has been secured tightly," Latnok informed the mermaid. "Are there any other steps you would like me to take to prepare it, or can you begin?"
Ilasi wasn't quite sure what to say. She was incredibly nervous at the prospect of another accident happening - but more importantly, Latnok was asking her what he should do. The thought of telling Latnok to do anything made Ilasi feel incredibly uncomfortable.
"Oh, uh, one moment, uh, sir - Latnok," Ilasi managed to get out, as she began rummaging through her satchel. She eventually pulled out a vial full of a clear liquid.
"Uh, please make sure she drinks this. It's a strong sedative. She'll want to be asleep for the process and, uh, well... it makes things... easier for me. Please." Ilasi handed Latnok the vial, which he took gently.
"I'll do that," Latnok said, as he left the presence of Ilasi and Maverick.

It didn't take Latnok long before he returned to Tyraika with the vial. He came in quickly, not wanting to dilly-dally.
"You're going to drink all of this," he told Tyraika as he uncorked the vial, preparing to feed the contents to her. Out came the strong smell of some type of alcohol or other strong liquid. Ilasi didn't tell him how the material would taste - but that wasn't particularly his concern.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2225 Posted: 19:01:58 25/07/2019
Maverick wasn't entirely sure about the procedure, but having Tyraika sedated was the best move to avoid any further injuries.
"Well, at least she'll be sedated. That makes me calmer." he said, wishing Ilasi the best of luck. He still looked at the sky. Still no signs of Veris or Angora, but he figured the troll took the mount far away to get a very proper excercise. He felt so bad for not being able to do the same thing with Dahlia... but perhaps he could do it at the island later?

Near the Redwater border, Huntress was reaching her destination. Several behemoths were stationed there, but she didn't know if Gregor was one of them. She talked to one of the soldiers forming the perimeter.
"Pardon me, is Gregor here?" she asked, letting her horse rest for a while while she asked.
---
#2226 Posted: 20:17:57 25/07/2019 | Topic Creator
“You call this beneficial? This creature is an freak of nature! Nothing about it is natural!” Crystal said. “Tell me why do you need to restrain me and use those soldiers for your own gain if you want free will? Like I keep saying you will never gain my trust until you free me and face me like a man you flame to be!” She struggled violently to the point she was starting to rip through the webbing again.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:19:15 25/07/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#2227 Posted: 20:42:25 25/07/2019
As Veris continued to fly, he would occasionally make passes near the wall - but not over it. During one such pass, a humanoid figure laying on the beach could be noticed by an observant person. The figure was motionless, seemingly having been washed up.

"Oh, Gregor? He's due back in approximately two hours," the soldier answered - he himself was tired from all of the work he had been doing moving supplies. "The current order is to pull back for now - from what I've heard, the elvish king has died under mysterious circumstances, and the king is to have us stand by until we can figure out if there's anyone or anything else involved in the whole situation."

As Crystal struggled, ishiud soldiers and weavers would soon appear in large numbers, with the weavers spitting out more webbing in order to keep her subdued.
"Oh... but you do have free will," Cernentium replied. "You can choose to help us - or you can choose not to. But in the case of the latter, we are forced to take the actions any reasonably intelligent people would take with an enemy out to destroy them. We have shown you a mercy by not killing you yet - remember that. We could have dealt with you the easy way, but we hold out hope that you will come to see reason."
Cernentium motioned towards the blinker to bring Crystal's attention to it. "Now, we will put this creature to use immediately. Even now, there are some who seek to destroy us from the inside - some who are beyond being enlightened. We will find them - and we will put an end to them."
Somewhere, in a remote corner, a dark blue, shadowy figure peeked, before quickly withdrawing when the gazes of the Ishulgites and their ishiuds turned in its direction.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2228 Posted: 20:47:47 25/07/2019
Tyraika continued to take deep breaths to try to remain calm. She tried to keep her mind on her dragon allies, but Latnok's notifications of the shackles made that somewhat difficult. While Tyraika somewhat appreciated his warnings, as it kept her from being startled, it also kept her mind focused on reality. It was a constant reminder of the situation she was currently trying to ignore. Tyraika opened her eyes slowly when Latnok began speaking. She watched him leave and began to fidget slightly. Being left alone in this state only made her feel like she was being locked up here for good. She took deep breaths and tried not to think about it, while anxiously awaiting Latnok's return.

The Guardian wasn't gone long, but it still felt like an agonizing long time. Tyraika stopped fidgeting upon his return and kept her gaze focused on him. She noticed he was holding something in his hands, some sort of container of liquid. For a split second, she thought she was being given water, until she smelled it. Tyraika crinkled up her nose and shook her head. Yikes, that was an awful smell. She was supposed to drink that? The thought made her groan quietly. This stuff was going to taste awful. Still, Tyraika knew she had to follow orders, and Shade assured her that everything would be fine if she did. She didn't know what that liquid was, and she wasn't sure if she even wanted to know, but she apparently had to endure it for now. Reluctantly, Tyraika opened her mouth and waited for Latnok to give her the sedative.
---
#2229 Posted: 21:35:47 25/07/2019 | Topic Creator
“And you’ve proved my point. You seek free will but to gain that you must destroy those who oppose you? You are just like those who seek domination.” Crystal said. “You are a fool to think you will unify the world. There will always be others who oppose you! You will not kill their hope!”
---
SC
#2230 Posted: 22:04:51 25/07/2019
Huntress changed color when the guard informed her about the rival king.
"Elvish king? You mean THE elvish King Glaveilio? Mysterious?" she asked, suddenly this subject being more interesting and than her own goal. The death of a rival king would've been the subject of great pride and victory for Aelinon, so this info couldn't be a lie. She knew he was going to be dead eventually, but the fact that Aslinon didn't do it, but above all, that the circumstances were mysterious even to her people was something deeply puzzling.

As Veris continued to fly, he would occasionally make passes near the wall - but not over it. During one such pass, a humanoid figure laying on the beach could be noticed by an observant person. The figure was motionless, seemingly having been washed up..

Veris was flying lower than before, so Angora could see the ground. She was glad to see ground again and not ocean for once, even tempted to make Veris land so she could enjoy the wet sand. Her scenario enjoyment didn't lasted much when she saw a strange shilouette below. Veris didn't seem to notice it, so he kept flying. At first, Angora wanted him to keep going and forget what she saw, but she couldn't ignore what she saw. No beach had a shape like that.
"Veris. Go back. Come on." Angora instructed, giving him a little pull to make him turn. That shape... could it be? Angora was hoping this was a smooth, uninterrupted flight, but clearly the day had other plans...
---
#2231 Posted: 23:13:42 25/07/2019
With Tyraika prepared, Latnok poured the liquid - slowly to provide the dragon the opportunity to swallow appropriately. Once all of the drink was poured, he found a spot nearby and stood, waiting for Tyraika to begin sleeping. Only then would he call Ilasi over.

Veris felt Angora's gentle tug, correctly interpreting Angora's order. Flying back over the path he just flew, he moved more slowly this time - until he caught what most likely caught Angora's interest. Slowing down, Veris gently came to a landing on the beach, next to the person of interest - ready to allow Angora to dismount if that is what she wished.

"Oh, the Ishulgites? You've encountered them outside this place?" Ray asked curiously, his interest piqued. "What have you seen of them? Have you seen their people? The creatures we know as 'ishiuds'? We do not know much of what they do outside this place - but we do know that they are rather accepting of people into their ranks. We've had some people here leave to seek them out. Eh, if it works for them - as long as they don't start fighting their former neighbors."

The soldier nodded. "Yep. That guy. Found downriver, a washed-up corpse. None of our men had seen him before then. It might have something to do with this new religion many lof the elves seem to be taking up - something along those lines, anyway." The soldier sounded rather unsure of all of the details, though he was pretty confident that he had the general idea correct.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2232 Posted: 01:03:39 26/07/2019
"Hmm, makes sense. They had been rather unstable lately." Huntress commented, knowing that there had been disturbances in the elvish society for a while now. It still shocked her though that the people would go as far as to kill their own monarch, if that's indeed what happened. But without a leader, their society would be more disorganized, thus increasing the chances of Aelinon's victory. With Gregor not being there and since she already arrived, Huntress offered her help to the soldiers, knowing that distributing supplies was a never ending job. It would give her something to do while she waited for the behemoth to arrive.

Veris felt Angora's gentle tug, correctly interpreting Angora's order. Flying back over the path he just flew, he moved more slowly this time - until he caught what most likely caught Angora's interest. Slowing down, Veris gently came to a landing on the beach, next to the person of interest - ready to allow Angora to dismount if that is what she wished.

Now that Angora was having a closer look, there was no mistaking it. There was a man unconscious there, or at least someone humanoid. She dismounted to get a closer look.
"Damn, he looks like he had a really rough day." she commented, turning him around very carefully in case he had broken bones. The body was still warm, so he either was still alive or died recently. It was hard to tell. If he was alive, his breathing was very shallow.

Angora couldn't see the man's face, being completely covered in wet sand. But there was no time to clean him, so she only cleared his nose to facilitate the breathing if he turned out he was indeed alive.
"Here Veris. Lower yourself. We're taking him to the ship and see if he has salvation... but I swear if I get blamed for this, I'm never helping another stranger again!" Angora said sternly, believing Latnok would sink as low as to blame her for the man's condition just to have a new excuse to punish her. She could always take him to the islanders, but she didn't know the place nor anybody there, plus she didn't want to risk them blaming her on account on being a troll.

With her decision made, Angora gently and very carefully placed the man on Veris' back. She was small, but fortunately she had the raw brute strength that was characterized in her species.. With the man tightly secured with the grappling hook and leaving none to herself, Angora knew she had to do things the old fashioned way. With everything ready, she commanded Veris to return to the ship, getting ready to stir in case it was needed. If the man was dead, he was probably going to be given to Veris, though Angora didn't want to be present if it came to that. Eating prepared animal meat was one thing, but a human or humanoid was a different level.
---
#2233 Posted: 01:36:22 26/07/2019
As expected, the liquid tasted about as awful as it smelled. Tyraika's initial instinct was to spit it out, but she resisted. With a scowl, she swallowed the liquid until there was nothing left. It wasn't long before she started to at least feel drowsy. As Tyraika struggled to keep her eyes open and her head up, she groggily began to wander what was happening to her. Why was she so tired all of a sudden? What did Latnok just give her? Before Tyraika could really ponder any theories, she started to doze off. She stayed awake just long enough to lay down, to prevent herself from actually collapsing, before losing consciousness.
---
#2234 Posted: 01:59:52 26/07/2019
Latnok waited patiently, his gaze unmoving from Tyraika until she finally fell asleep. A quick, firm shake confirmed the dragon was, indeed, sedated. Now the procedure could begin.
Latnok soon stepped out of the enclosure - Ilasi was waiting nearby. With a simple beckoning motion, Latnok summoned Ilasi, who obediently followed.
Once inside, Ilasi shut the door behind them. Latnok escorted her to the sleeping dragon - careful, giving Ilasi the time she needed to become comfortable. With Ilasi several yards away, he repeated the shaking to indicate that the dragon was sedated.
With Tyraika sedated, Ilasi very trepidatiously approached the dragon. One small step after one small step - but, before she realized, she was adjacent to Tyraika. Carefully reaching out a hand, she gently felt the dragon's fur - going from the body, up to the injured wing.
"Well... this won't exactly be too pleasant," Ilasi said. "I guess I'll... start setting the wing now. This might, uh... be painful for her. If the sedative doesn't... no, it will work." With great care, Ilasi began feeling around the base of the wing, seeking the best way to set it.

Veris flew as quickly as he could without causing the grappling hook to loosen, taking advantage of a wind current. Whoever the person was, they were in bad condition - and Veris knew enough about that sort of thing to know that haste was needed. Very soon, the ship was in sight - Veris came close before coming down, using his wings to slow his descent. He lowered himself to allow Angora to dismount. No one except one or two of the skeleton crew - and potentially Maverick - were on deck.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:12:24 26/07/2019 by A Guy
#2235 Posted: 02:03:26 26/07/2019
Quote:
"Oh, the Ishulgites? You've encountered them outside this place?" Ray asked curiously, his interest piqued. "What have you seen of them? Have you seen their people? The creatures we know as 'ishiuds'? We do not know much of what they do outside this place - but we do know that they are rather accepting of people into their ranks. We've had some people here leave to seek them out. Eh, if it works for them - as long as they don't start fighting their former neighbors."

"The ishiuds-- pesky bug-like creatures. We've answered the call and faced them in combat on several occasions, with them getting stronger each time. I can tell you that you are the not the only ones who have had trouble with their kind; we've had to clear out mines and we've had to defend our ship from their attacks. We've lost many lives in a couple unfortunate incidents; some have been taken and only sometimes returned for 'research.' From what I can tell-- they learn by experience and from the creatures they take. We've... we've only heard rumors of their recruiting efforts and of the Ishulgite group as a whole. What I can tell you is that the ishiud creatures are studying and gaining knowledge whenever they see a creature that is 'worthy'-- ether by force or corporation. I'm not entirely certain about the larger picture, but I can tell you what I personally experienced.," Raclaw said hoping that his answer would help.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:04:43 26/07/2019 by redwes
#2236 Posted: 02:30:22 26/07/2019 | Topic Creator
Shadewas on deck and saw Angora with the injured man. “Someone go get help! We have a injured man!”
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:42:06 26/07/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#2237 Posted: 03:21:46 26/07/2019
Angora quickly dismounted, with Maverick helping her. He even forgot he was afraid of Veris. He came to aid her. He had been waiting on the main deck, having been tempted to follow Ilasi and Latnok to the dragon's enclosure, but since he didn't want to cause any discomfort to the creature, he remained put, not wanting to risk the beast even smelling him. He decided to wait for Angora to return instead, and was tremendously shocked to see her return with a wounded, and possibly dead man.
"Get Ilasi. Laszur. Anyone. Found this... man on shore. I think he's dead." Angora said to Maverick, not sure on where to place him. She didn't want to risk going downstairs for a bed. Maverick took off his shirt and placed it under the man carefully so that he wouldn't be in a hard surface. He knew Shade would provide some warmth in case the man was still alive, plus his scales were slightly more smoother than Veris'

Unable to talk to Shade, Maverick addressed to the sailor that was the nearest.
"Señor, find Latnok. He has to know this. But first, find someone that can help us. This man needs help." he urged, heading to where the mast was to see if Leoquin was there. That's where he usually was when navigating. He was going to leave the sailor find Latnok or someone else while Angora remained with the near dead or possibly dead man.

The troll turned to Veris and apologized for letting him wait.
"Very sorry boy. I know you probably want to eat right away after such an exercise, but I need you to wait just a little longer." she said, not wanting to leave Shade alone with the man. While she was certain the dragolet would take good care of him, the action could anger Latnok, so she didn't take the risk.
---
#2238 Posted: 03:22:56 26/07/2019
Kasidra was wandering through town, taking in all the sights. While she did want to go shopping, she wasn't in any particular hurry to do so. It was just nice to be in a different environment for a change. So Kasidra embraced the chance to explore at her leisure. She soon stumbled upon the local bar that her companions had already entered. She paused outside for a moment, debating on whether she wanted to go inside, or stick with her initial goal. Kasidra gave a shrug with a small smile. A quick drink wouldn't hurt. So with that decided, she headed into the bar.

She almost immediately noticed some familiar faces at the bar, with her furry allies not being hard to miss. Kasidra walked over and sat down near them. "Hey, guys. How's it going? Do they have any good drinks here?" Having never been here before, she wasn't sure exactly what they had. They likely had some unique drinks that couldn't be found elsewhere. Seeing as how her companions already had drinks, Kasidra figured they might could recommend something.
---
#2239 Posted: 03:45:28 26/07/2019
Leoquin, being at the bar, would not be available on the ship. Instead, the sailor rushed into the dragon enclosure in a complete panic, having seen Latnok enter there previously.
"Latnok, sir, we have a possibly dying man brought in by the wyvern and troll! He will likely need immediate assistance!"
Ilasi immediately stood up, completely alert, stopping in the middle of bonding the injured wing after having set it and applying some of her enchanted medicine to it. "I'll be right out there!" Ilasi answered - a dying person was something she absolutely had to take the initiative on, even if it made her feel uncomfortable.
"I can finish the bonding," Latnok offered, stepping where Ilasi was previously. With that settled, the mermaid darted to the exit, determined to save whoever it was that was found.

Veris stood by patiently, giving an understanding nod. Hurt people were more important than food - even if he would have liked to be fed. Ilasi was soon outside, immediately taking note of the man. Once nearby, she began kneeling down, checking for vitals. As she did, she shifted some of the clothing - revealing puncture and cutting wounds, as if from fangs and claws, and a dagger similar to the ones carried around by some of the Ishulgites.
"...he still has a weak pulse... shallow breathing... I think we can save him. Hypothermia and blood loss seem the biggest concerns. Leave it to me - I'll get him sorted out."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2240 Posted: 06:21:11 26/07/2019
Wanting to help, Angora tried to use her healing magic... but it didn't seemed to be working. Her magic was heavily tied with her emotions, and she wasn't feeling her best now. She still believed she was somehow going to be blamed, though Ilasi's words did relieved her. These were wounds she couldn't have done those wounds. While she couldn't see where the stab wounds were, she could tell many of those wounds were from claws and teeth. Did some creature just tried to eat this man? If that was the case, he wouldn't have left him like that. This was a hate attack. Or maybe territory defense? It didn't matter the reason. Angora finding him was lucky. Her only hope was for this man to be just a citizen and not a wanted criminal or something similar.

While she wanted to be useful, Angora didn't want to get in Ilasi's way. She seemed overworked enough as it was.
"Can I leave you alone with him? Can you... handle it yourself? I don't know what to do, and Veris needs to be fed." Angora expressed, asking for Ilasi's permission to leave. The wyvern had an intense flight earlier and he most likely needed the fuel. She believed that if she could calm her emotions, Angora would be able to heal the man without Neo's help and after the mermaid was done with her own curing.
---
#2241 Posted: 21:37:54 26/07/2019
Ilasi couldn't afford to look at Angora as she got to work. "Leave it to me," she said confidently as she began to tend to the man's wounds. "This was something she knew how to take care of. She would need to stabilize the man first - keep his blood flowing, and keep him hydrated.
Veris looked over Ilasi as she continued with her work. Would the man make it out alive? Maybe some food was what the man needed - some really good food, like what Maverick would prepare. Somewhat tired, Veris got down and began to lie on the deck, awaiting his next meal.

Ray dwelt more on what he was informed of by the ...giant dog? With wings? "If they are getting stronger with each encounter... then that is something we might have to worry about," he said matter-of-factly. "Enough of that, though. We need not burden guests with our problems! How about-"
Ray was soon interrupted by the approaching tiefling, who he took a nice, solid look at. "Well, aren't you a pretty lass! I'm Ray, and who might you be?" the chieftain asked, introducing himself rather abruptly, clearly starting to feel the effects of some of the Riptide.
"The drink," Leoquin politely reminded the chieftain.
"Oh, yes - Riptide. Think you'll get a kick out of this one! Want to give it a try?"
"It's definitely a good drink, if you're okay with the strong stuff," Leoquin corroborated. "We were just talking about life outside this place." Leoquin had business to attend to later - but he didn't mind the company at all.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2242 Posted: 22:25:27 26/07/2019
Kasidra was quiet while she heard the tail-end of the previous topic of conversation. While she didn't know exactly what they were talking about, Kasidra figured they were discussing some sort of beast or monster, likely something found on this island in particular or in the archipelago as a whole. She didn't think much of it beyond that.

When the focus shifted to Kasidra, she at first glanced behind her to see if the compliment was directed at a more attractive woman. Seeing no one there, she turned her attention back to Ray. "Oh, um, thank you," she replied, a bit sheepishly. "I'm Kasidra. I came from the ship with these guys here," she gestured to her allies that were present. After hearing about the drink, Kasidra gave a shrug with a small smile. "Sure, why not? I'll try it." She was curious as to what it would taste like. She turned her attention to Leoquin, when he spoke up. "Life outside this place, huh? You mean like on the mainland? I wouldn't know what's going on out there anymore." Kasidra shrugged.
---
#2243 Posted: 23:18:25 26/07/2019
Angora was about to lead Veris to his enclosure, but when she saw him lying on the deck, she figured he wanted to enjoy some of the fresh air. It was something that deeply worried her. He could overhear about what happened to Sere. But how could she lock him up again when he still wanted outside? She didn't want him to know about Sere, but she knew he would found out sooner or later, whether before or after he was free.
"Behave Veris." she said, trusting him enough to leave him, though he had some sort of wild urge of some sort, Shade could stop him. She headed to the kitchen to get him some chicken and mackerel, getting a big tray just for him so he could recover the energy he let out in that flight, especially since he returned to the ship with some extra weight.

Leoquin wasn't in the place he frequented, and Maverick later learned he was on the island. Laszur was nowhere to be seen either, and knowing him, he was probably invisible exploring the island as well. Maverick decided to return to the injured man, finding to his delight Ilasi attending him. She was about to approach her, but he didn't want to interrupt her, not to mention that he knew he hated the nasty scars he had on his belly.
---
#2244 Posted: 23:38:03 26/07/2019
Ray obliged the new guest, pouring some of the Riptide into a new glass and gently handing the drink to Kasidra. "A specialty you'll only find here! Please, enjoy!"
Leoquin was feeling pretty good himself - but he did recall the captain. "So, uh... what would it take for you to vote to let our captain go?" he asked the chieftain.
"Oh, you guys? Well, eh, let's see... uh... you're good company... and you seem to have given us a good warning of what's to come - hell, you have my vote. There are seven of us - and from what I hear, Martus plans to vote for freedom as well. So in order to clinch the captain's freedom for sure, you have to go and convince two others to give you a definite vote in your favor."
"Thank you, kind sir!" Leoquin said, perhaps a little more enthusiastically than would have been professional.
"Eh, don't thank me," Ray responded, after another swig of Riptide. "Gods know that locking up random strangers isn't a good way to make friends. And with Duessul gone - as shocking as it may have been - we no longer have some stick-in-the-mud anchoring us in some old ways. A new, fresh start, I'd say. Eh... but don't count on the others to be convinced as easily as I have. They... might want a game or two."

When Maverick came back, Ilasi had just pinished patching up the last of his wounds with some paste she had made. "Well... he will live for now," she said tiredly to Maverick, without looking up - he was the only one likely to be coming to her now. "His wounds are patched up, and there weren't any deep wounds injuring major organs. I've kept him hydrated somewhat - but we'll have to give him an opportunity to rest, and see if we can give him some food as well." As well as Ilasi could control water, giving an unconscious person food and nutrients was not something Ilasi could do.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2245 Posted: 00:27:10 27/07/2019
Maverick was pleased, and kinda scared him that Ilasi knew him so well already, unless of course it was that obvious.
"Well, that's a miracle. It was amazing that Angorita managed to spot him while flying on Veris. Muy impresionante." he said, feeling so proud of his little troll buddy. In the past, he believed she never would've done something like this. As far as he knew, a normal troll would've left him to die or save him for food. Perhaps finally, Latnok would start to treat her better, and maybe even Sere once he was free.

He went to congratulate Angora, searching for her behind Veris and on his back, but she wasn't there.
"Where is Angorita?" he asked, not imagining her leaving Veris alone. But he was quite a trained wyvern, some guessed it was alright.

At the kitchen, Angora was thinking about the unconscious man. There was no way she could be blamed for this. Those wounds weren't like something she could do, not even with her knives. She didn't have claws, and her teeth and tusks were too small to make slashes like that. She just saved a man, someone she hoped could survive so that Latnok could see she had value... although if he didn't, it wouldn't matter. If this was an islander, the people would see her in a positive light. She was going to make a good impression. If there was a chance that this man turned out to be some sort of criminal, then at least the good thing was he could be delivered to the authorities and face the proper justice. One angle or another, she trusted this move was finally going to give her some respect, or at least stop the belittlement.
---
#2246 Posted: 02:42:07 27/07/2019
In answer to Maverick's question, Veris opened his mouth, giving a brief grunt before closing it, to signal food - though he did not know how he could indicate Angora in particular. He was content for the moment, however, so remained in place.
With Ilasi having finished up, now came the hard part - she wasn't exactly the best at carrying people, and the man was by no means scrawny. "Uh, Maverick, would you please help me bring this man to the infirmary?" Ilasi asked her boyfriend politely. She hated burdening him, but there was only so much she could do...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2247 Posted: 05:12:12 27/07/2019
Maverick was about to say something about Veris, being a bit startled by his gigantic maw opening like that. He believed he was asking him to cook him more food. He was about to talk when Ilasi asked his help.
"Oh, uh, of course Ilasi. Let me... just... right here..." he said, helping Ilasi carry the man, but not before bringing his pants as up as he could so he could hide his scars. He didn't care if he looked ridiculous. He knew how much the wounds affected her. It couldn't cover it all, so Maverick brought the man up to hide the remaining scars.
"Sorry I have to be shirtless. Used my shirt to make the floor softer for the man. I'll come to pick it up later. I just hope Veris doesn't eat it." he commented, wondering if the wyvern's appetite went that far.

As Angora pondered about where this action could lead her, she was done gathering the food for Veris, not bothering to cook it. She knew Veris didn't care about the condition as long as he got meat in his stomach. His water would have to wait, for the tray was so full she needed both hands to avoid spilling it. She opened the door with her leg, leading it through the hallways. She almost crashed into one of the sailors passing by, and started to wonder if he intended to do it on purpose. The rude comments towards her had ceased almost completely, but many of the crew still treated her with some indifference. Unlike Maverick, she barely had any progress with the received treatment. Not that she cared though. She had Veris. It was ironic and even funny how a wyvern, an animal, valued her more than all the humans and humanoids on the ship combined, counting Maverick out of course.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:13:21 27/07/2019 by Felines
#2248 Posted: 23:41:33 27/07/2019
Quote:
"Oh, you guys? Well, eh, let's see... uh... you're good company... and you seem to have given us a good warning of what's to come - hell, you have my vote. There are seven of us - and from what I hear, Martus plans to vote for freedom as well. So in order to clinch the captain's freedom for sure, you have to go and convince two others to give you a definite vote in your favor."
"Thank you, kind sir!" Leoquin said, perhaps a little more enthusiastically than would have been professional.
"Eh, don't thank me," Ray responded, after another swig of Riptide. "Gods know that locking up random strangers isn't a good way to make friends. And with Duessul gone - as shocking as it may have been - we no longer have some stick-in-the-mud anchoring us in some old ways. A new, fresh start, I'd say. Eh... but don't count on the others to be convinced as easily as I have. They... might want a game or two."

"Well-- thank you none-the-less. Your vote means more to us than you will ever know.," Raclaw said with Chester offering a bark. "And Chester too.," he then added with a gentle smile. "As for the other two votes-- Risar and friends will be ready.," the large Minotaur added upon swallowing; an drop of Riptide accidentally left dripping off the remnant of chain that hung off his golden nose ring. He offered an hearty smile.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:53:54 27/07/2019 by redwes
#2249 Posted: 04:51:53 28/07/2019
"Please... don't worry about it," Ilasi reassured Maverick. "The well-being of the patient comes first." Ilasi was grateful for Maverick's help, his strength allowing them to get the patient to a bed in the infirmary instead of leaving the patient on the deck. Though Ilasi tried hard not to think of it, Maverick's scars were a horrible reminder of the past he had had to endure.
"Maverick.. you know, this sort of reminds me of your story," she began, Maverick's scars having sparked the memory. Ilasi's sight didn't waver from the patient, with her wanting to ascertain his stability before she would be comfortable with leaving him be. "All you've been through - but someone found you, and now you have started anew. I really wish... you never had to go through all that to begin with..." Ilasi's voice quivered at the thought, though she tried not to dwell on it too much.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2250 Posted: 12:49:58 28/07/2019
Maverick looked away, but didn't look so sad. He had learned to live with his past.
"Well you can't change your history, nor the way you were born, nor the parents you have. All you can ever do is keep moving forward. If it wasn't... for the ship sinking and everyone dying... well, I'd probably still be there working for my father... and still causing much harm." Maverick commented gloomily, the shipwreck actually being a blessing. His father and the crew were evil, and while they always escaped the law, they couldn't eacape the karma. Many times did they have the chance to redeem themselves, but they never took it, so life itself made sure they paid for their sins and stopped their rampage.

It took a little pause before Maverick could continue.
"None of that matters now Ilasi. Look at my life now. I have a friend, a troll of all creatures. Someone whose life I changed, and someone who changed my life even before it changed for real. I have you, someone who... gave me a chance despite my past, who sees great value. And of course, I also have Oscurito, a mighty dragon. I mean, who would've thought you could befriend a dragon?" Maverick asked, almost sounding like a child with that last sentence. He couldn't complain about his life, although he still wished he could change a few things about his friend's lives.
---
First | Previous | Page 45 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me