Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private)
First | Previous | Page 42 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 48 49 50
Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private) [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#2051 Posted: 00:57:24 24/06/2019
Angora entered Veris' enclosure, already trembling with nervousness. She didn't know if the wyvern could feel the tension from even way down there, but if he did, she could always create and excuse. But first, she had to calm down.
"Hey Veris. Bad news. You can't fly here. The locals here are... well not very friendly. I'm truly sorry. I'll try to make it up to you. I can see if Shady... or perhaps Raclaw has some toys you may like. Or maybe you can just chase and chew on my orb shield?" Angora suggested, trying very hard not to let Sere's predicament slip. She was terrified to think Veris might go as far as to try to break out of his enclosure to try rescue him. She had to protect him at all costs.

Quote: A Guy
Ilasi was unsure of heading up before - but recent events sealed the deal. "Maybe we should just wait for tomorrow morning," she said. "Things might have settled down a bit more by then." Ilasi was very unsure of what would happen in the days to come - she hoped everything was just a big misun that could be sorted out later.

Maverick felt so useless for the crew. He wished he could do something, but he knew this was a situation beyond his control. He could only be useful to his beloved girlfriend. They headed to Ilasi's cabin once more, with Maverick making certain his dear mermaid was comfortable.
"Well... here we are again. Oh boy, it's just one bad event after another. I... I'm sure Kasidra will keep us updated, but..." Maverick started to say, though fell silent after not knowing what else to do.
"Want some warm milk? That usually helps my nerves." he then said randomly, abruptly changing the subject. The whole situation filled him with anxiety.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8609
#2052 Posted: 00:59:56 24/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“I understand.” Shade said. Though Shade would like to look over Tyraika Latnok was right. He wouldn’t be able to kill her. Killing is a last resort for him as his past has traumatized him to the point he doesn’t use his powers on living things unless he really needed to. However cooking food and lighting fires for warmth is an exception. He looked to Tyraika. “Just stay calm and easy. You’ll be closer to humans than up here. Just take deep breaths.”
---
SC
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9866
#2053 Posted: 08:10:48 24/06/2019
When Shade had expressed his fears of being in a cage again, Tyraika gave a sympathetic look. She wanted to comfort him, but didn't know what to do or say. She thought of wrapping a wing around him, but he was bigger than her, so it wasn't going to work. Tyraika would have consoled him, but she felt she couldn't promise that no one else would be arrested. She didn't trust those humans any more than the crew she was currently stuck with.

Tyraika didn't pay too close attention to the crew's plans to scout the island. She noticed that some reptilian humanoid would be going, presumably alone. She recognized the Galud from when he had scouted out her own island. The dragon remembered that he could turn invisible, but otherwise wasn't terribly invested in his mission. Tyraika overheard that the islanders likely wanted the captain alive, but otherwise wasn't concerned with the current situation. Due to being a recent prisoner of sorts aboard the ship, and also still being distrustful of people, Tyraika wasn't really worried about the captain's safety. She didn't really care one way or the other, if the man happened to end up dead. She was barely interested in what would happen next, being mostly concerned with her own survival.

Tyraika was barely listening, when Latnok's voice called her attention. She turned to face him and met his gaze. She tilted her head slightly, when the Guardian said that she would be sleeping in his room. Tyraika didn't expect that turn of events. With the captain gone, she figured that someone else would simply take his place on watch duty. Either that, or they would simply resort to collaring her or chaining her up at this point. The dragon didn't expect to get a room to sleep in.

Tyraika glanced to Shade when he spoke up. Based on what she had seen so far, she didn't expect her friend's suggestion or advice to go over well. She wasn't surprised by Latnok's attitude when he responded. She listened to his explanation, trying to make sense of the decision. While she wasn't happy about being so close to one human in particular, she did like the sound of being separated from all the others. It at least had to be better than wearing a collar. Tyraika also heard the part about possibly easing up, if things went well. She wasn't sure if that would actually happen, but it did sound somewhat promising. Perhaps she could at least give this new arrangement a try.

Tyraika took a deep breath and took a couple of steps closer to Latnok. "I understand," she said in monotone. She wasn't sure yet how well this would work, or if there was even enough room for all of them to sleep in the same room, but she figured it was probably her best option right now.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#2054 Posted: 21:35:02 24/06/2019
Veris gave a sad grunt - though he wasn't surprised. Not every area was suitable for flying. He would just have to wait for now. He gave Angora an expectant look as he cocked his head, curious as to what she could come up with.

Ilasi would gratefully accept the milk offered by Maverick. It certainly proved to be a delicious treat when she's had it before. "Yes, please," she said, as she waited for the milk to be offered. She could tell Maverick was very bothered by what was happening, and was hoping that a bit of time to settle would do him well.

"Well, then," Latnok said, "I'm going to prepare dinner for everyone, and then we'll get some sleep." The dinner would give Latnok the opportunity to give the sailors the current plan, and reassure them that there was still some sort of direction. Latnok left the main deck to head to the kitchen - he had to think of a meal to prepare, but would probably not cook anything too fancy.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2055 Posted: 21:58:06 24/06/2019
Mvaerick used a small lighter he kept in his pocket to warm up the milk bottle from below, taking a glass from his bag and pouring half of the liquid in it while he kept the bottle.
"Well, cheers Ilasi. Better not to stress ourselves over this, huh? It's... it doesn't do good to anybody." Maverick expressed, knowing it was pointless to feel anxiety over something that was beyond his or his girlfriend's control. All he could do now is help Ilasi recover and feel ready to face the dragon again and heal the poor thing.

Veris gave a sad grunt - though he wasn't surprised. Not every area was suitable for flying. He would just have to wait for now. He gave Angora an expectant look as he cocked his head, curious as to what she could come up with.

Angora activated her shield, ready to get started.
"Truly sorry for that Veris. I know you prefer flying, but this is the best we can do now. Now which do you prefer? Chase or chew?" she asked, knowing the former was the best exercise he could get inside an enclosure like that, although chomping was also necessary to establish a strong jaw. Angora has never seen Veris breathe fire, so she assumed his fangs were the best weapons he had in times of battle. As she waited for the wyvern to choose, she still kept to herself Sere's predicament. It was in times like this where she was grateful of not understanding his language, cause he probably would've ask sooner or later about his master.
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8585
#2056 Posted: 23:28:22 24/06/2019
As Latnok headed down to the kitchen-- Raclaw and Risar stayed up on deck, the former wondering just want the wild Tyraika would think of a proper room and maybe even a proper bed depending. It would be different having the company of not only Latnok and Chester, but also a fellow albeit wild dragon. That was as long as she chose to behave; Raclaw knew and was prepared to help calm the new dragoness down if need be. Risar would manage the crew in meanwhile reassuring them the best he could and making sure to at least *maintain* the ship while they waited for better news. Chester wondered what exactly their new sleeping arrangements would be. Latnok's room wasn't exactly the biggest (although not the smallest ether) and now he would have company of two fur-like dragons. It would be cozy fit to say the least...
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#2057 Posted: 00:50:15 25/06/2019
Ilasi took the glass, and slowly began drinking the milk - making sure to savor it. "Thank you," she said in between sips. Despite everything that had occurred, she always appreciated moments like this - knowing that there was someone who loved her and was willing to take care of her, and didn't see her as an annoyance or a failure.

Veris looked at Angora for a few moments before he laid down again. He made a pantomimed gnawing moion - indicating his desire to play with the "chew toy." He was disappointed that he wouldn't be able to fly for a while, but at least his human left him a good caretaker.

Latnok eventually returned with a variety of different meats - not being particularly picky with what he served. Ringing the dinner bell, he garnered the crew's attention. He already had the unique dishes for Raclaw and Chester set up.
As the crew came for food, Latnok explained the plan to every one that came. "There's a misunderstanding. Even the population isn't in complete agreement that the captain is the criminal they're looking for. Head to bed for now, unless you're on the night crew. In the morning, we'll have more information for you."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2058 Posted: 01:21:02 25/06/2019
Understanding his signal, Angora rolled all the way into his mouth, letting him chew to his heart's content. Asides streghtening his jaw and entertaining him, the activity also served as a practice for Angora. Her shield was her most successful magic, and she believed the more she put it to the test, the stronger it become, as well as whatever other abilities she had she still didn't know about. She wondered if Shepherd was seeing everything she was doing or if the orb only served as a voice communicator. She probably looked ridiculous with how far she was taking her job.

But it didn't matter now. Just as it was Maverick's job to take care of his healer girlfriend, it was her job to take care of the captain's valuable mount. Angora hated keeping Sere's predicament a secret from Veris, but she had to avoid telling him no matter what. She didn't want to make him uncomfortable, even less risk the wyvern feel the need to rescue him.

Ilasi took the glass, and slowly began drinking the milk - making sure to savor it. "Thank you," she said in between sips. Despite everything that had occurred, she always appreciated moments like this - knowing that there was someone who loved her and was willing to take care of her, and didn't see her as an annoyance or a failure.

Maverick took a sip from the bottle himself, forming a rather funny milk mustache he didn't noticed.
"Well, all we can do is pray for el capitán. I may not agree with him all the time, but I know deep inside, he means well." Maverick stated, showing that despite the many disagreements, he wished him no harm.
"Afterwards, we can play more board games. Or you can try your magic again. Whatever you want mi Ilasi. Later today, or maybe tomorrow, I can cook for the crew again and surprise señor Latnok. We have to think positive and raise everyone's spirits. After all, we've been through worse." Maverick then said, demonstrating that he still maintained his optimism, even though he didn't showed it as often as in the past.
---
#2059 Posted: 01:24:57 25/06/2019 | Topic Creator
As Angora played with Veris she would start to hear bits and fragments of his thoughts again though this time Neo wasn’t helping. It would seem she was doing something right.
---
SC
#2060 Posted: 01:36:19 25/06/2019
When Latnok said that he would go prepare dinner, Tyraika simply sat down and waited for him to return with food. She still wasn't too thrilled about sharing a room with the human, but at least it would be the one she had spent the most time with, and Raclaw would be there as well. Tyraika didn't know how long this arrangement would last, or if she would have to stay in that room even during the day, but she figured she mine as well make the most of it. She didn't quite understand why the Guardian opted to invite her to his room, instead of just restraining her, but she wasn't planning on ruining the opportunity.

Tyraika stood up and turned to look at Latnok when he returned with food. She could smell the different meats he had cooked. Since showcasing manners had worked well last time, she was prepared to try it again. Tyraika approached Latnok. "May I please have some food, sir?" she asked in monotone. She made sure to repeat the words that had successfully gotten her food before.

Feeling hungry, Kasidra came out of her room to see if dinner was ready yet. On the way to the main deck, she heard about a supposed rumor floating around that the captain had been arrested. This caused the tiefling to pause and listen more intently to the sailors chatting. It was rather shocking news. Apparently, the locals, on the island they had just landed at, believed that Sere had committed some sort of crime. Kasidra couldn't get much more information from the sailors. They seemed as surprised and confused as she was. While the tiefling hadn't been with the crew long, the captain didn't seem like the lawbreaking type, unless he had past mistakes that were unknown to her. Kasidra supposed it was possible. Still, this was certainly concerning news, what with her employer apparently being arrested. She would have to try to gather more concrete details about the situation.
---
#2061 Posted: 01:51:53 25/06/2019
Raclaw smiled as he watched Tyraika attempt to politely ask on her, even if she was likely just repeating the words that had worked before
for her verbatim. It wasn't long 'till the two furry companions approached their own food, although they waited and watched Latnok's reaction to the second attempt at politeness. Risar would also soon approach and watched with a keen eye.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:06:10 25/06/2019 by redwes
#2062 Posted: 02:01:18 25/06/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade simply stayed back a little. He smiled at Tyraika trying to be polite.
---
SC
#2063 Posted: 02:28:29 25/06/2019
Back at the infirmary, the three former pirates were done with every chore there. The place was clean, organized and even decorated. Very few sailors came to them, all with minor injuries, and the last one they had already left. Without patients and everything clean, there was nothing else they could do.
"Well my friends, I think it's time for us to go to the main deck. I think we've done enough here. We can't hide in here forever. We're free now, and we might as well get the sailors to be used to us." Sand Dune said to his companions, knowing that if they wanted to be official crew members, they had to start by letting their presence known.

Opium and Random were skeptical, but they decided it was for the best.
"Good then. Let's head out. I want to see the cute Angora again. And Opium... please don't play any more of those mean pranks on the minotaur. Remember that he's a high officer, and that last joke is what extended our sentence the last time." Sand Dune begged, with Opium simply shrinking his shoulders. Despite the three of them being much more well behaved that the other prisoners that were formerly there, Opium's tendency to play very bad pranks is what got the three of them penalized, even if Sand Dune and Random had nothing to do with it. It was quite a lucky break that Latnok decided to release them, seemingly out of nowhere. They didn't know why he did that, or why he imprisoned Angora that time, but there was no way they were going to question him, especially now that the troll was free again too.

Quote: Spyroconvexity
As Angora played with Veris she would start to hear bits and fragments of his thoughts again though this time Neo wasn’t helping. It would seem she was doing something right.

Angora could swear she heard something. Neo? Was he trying to contact her? Perhaps he didn't like what was happening, but if that was the case, he would've simply said so. It didn't matter either. He has helped her plenty before. It was time for her to do things for herself.

As Veris chomped on her shield, Angora remembered that one time, a long time ago, when she was on this very same predicament, except without a shield, and the animal that did it meant very genuine harm. The manticore from years ago, it was the only predator that ever came close to killing her. She never knew how she managed to survive. All she remembered was a bloody blur. The creature spat her out and left, leaving a teeth behind, something she collected but later lost. It was a memory that left her traumatized for many years, but thanks to Shade and Veris, the nightmare was finally over.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:31:34 25/06/2019 by Felines
#2064 Posted: 02:39:00 25/06/2019 | Topic Creator
As Angora continued to play with Veris she would begin to hear more and more of his thoughts.
---
SC
#2065 Posted: 20:13:28 25/06/2019
Latnok grabbed a dish of food for Tyraika, pleased that she remembered her manners. "Yes, you may," he said, as he set the food down in front of her. Once everyone was served, he grabbed a dish for himself, sitting by his furry companions as he ate. "We really have our work cut out for us, don't we?" he thought out loud. "I know we'll figure this all out, though. We've always managed to do so." There were many things Latnok had to be concerned about - but Godfather Sere trusted him. This was the opportunity to live up to expectations.

Veris continued gnawing away at the shield, somewhat relaxed by the action. His thoughts weren't particularly complex at the moment - just thoughts of being satisfied in the moment, and of food.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2066 Posted: 20:40:49 25/06/2019
"Agreed-- it's only a matter of time and effort.," Raclaw said with a smile as he and Chester began to eat. "I'm sure we'll get him back in no time!," Chester added in an slightly hopeful tone reassuring his two larger companions. To Tyraika and most others, this would simply sound like an slightly excited bark. Risar ate nearby and kept an close eye on the wild Tyraika. The irony of the fur-like dragon's situation was that her main 'crime' was mostly the fact that she was now only mostly unsocialized, despite just being pulled out of a purely wild and natural environment. Still, even the tamest bull had to be tamed and there was progress at least on that front. Not every minotaur out there was civilized, but most had to be if not the sake of survival alone.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:43:10 25/06/2019 by redwes
#2067 Posted: 01:04:06 26/06/2019
Latnok's cooking reached Ilasi's cabin, with Maverick catching the somewhat faint smell.
"Hmm, looks like señor Latnok did the cooking again." he said, recognizing his style.
"What do you say Ilasi? Should I get something for us or should we wait for señorita Kasidra or someone else to bring us the food?" Maverick asked, not very hungry right now after that warm half bottle of milk, but his girlfriend may want something now, especially since he knew bad news could work up an appetite on some people.

Veris continued gnawing away at the shield, somewhat relaxed by the action. His thoughts weren't particularly complex at the moment - just thoughts of being satisfied in the moment, and of food.

Angora was hearing the word 'food', but she assumed it was her imagining what Veris must be thinking right now. Food was usually on his mind after all. She still didn't associate the exercise to her growing abilities. She saw above her to see Veris' giant fangs trying to penetrate the magical sphere. She didn't know if he was avoiding using his whole strength or if he was using the entire bite force, but whatever he was doing, the shield proved to be an amazing form of protection.

The troll still felt bad for not telling Veris about his master's predicament, and for not being able to fly him, but this was the next best thing for him. Afterwards she could get him a proper meal and maybe search for some toys for him. For now, she let the wyvern continue chomping for however long he wanted. From her experience with some hard foods, Angora knew that chewing on something could streghten the jaw and even calm the nerves, something that Veris needed after spending so much time in that depressing enclosure.
---
#2068 Posted: 01:57:59 26/06/2019
"Thank you," Tyraika quickly said to Latnok. She immediately dug into the food and it didn't last long. Once she was finished, Tyraika went to go lay down away from the crew. She didn't lay her head down, though, instead keeping a keen eye on her surroundings. Tyraika watched the people on deck and occasionally glanced at Latnok and his furry companions. The Guardian said that they would go to bed after dinner, so she was watching for the signal. While Tyraika still wasn't comfortable with the idea of sleeping in the human's room, she wasn't intent on causing any trouble. If behaving would get her healed and get her out of here faster, then she would go through the motions just to speed up the process. The sooner she could get back home, the sooner she could get back to her old life.

Kasidra made her way to the main deck to get her dinner. She figured she should get food for Maverick and Ilasi as well. If they had stayed in the mermaid's cabin, then they might not know about the current situation with the captain. Even Kasidra herself didn't know any details. She would have to ask around, in case she would need to deliver the news. The tiefling knew she would have to ask about the wild dragon as well, in order to give an update on that.

It was when Kasidra saw Latnok that she remembered that she had missed their planned sparring session. She would have to apologize for that. Best to get that over with now. Kasidra walked over to the Guardian. "Good evening, Latnok, sir. I'm sorry I didn't show up for our sparring session. I didn't intend to miss it and there's no excuse for being late. It's no one's fault but my own, and I'm sorry, sir."
---
#2069 Posted: 03:01:02 26/06/2019
Latnok expected Kasidra to show up eventually - at the very least, to get fed. In the midst of the current dilemma, he had forgotten about the tiefling's transgression. for the time being. "Because you generally do the right thing, I'll give you a break this one," he said gently. "Don't make it a habit. Go ahead - take your food." Latnok continued eating his food peacefully - he would soon be ready to take Tyraika to the shared room.

Eventually, Veris became worn out from all of his chewing, letting Angora fall out of his mouth. He lazily slouched on the ground - giving a grunt as he opened and shut his mouth to request food. He remained blissfully unaware of his master's fate, not thinking anything unique of the situation.

Ilasi caught the delicious smell of the food wafting through the air, and her mouth watered. "Uh, I think Kasidra will bring us food," she said. "If Latnok hasn't chewed her out too badly." She still remembered the situation of Kasidra having missed her sparing appointment - and Latnok was generally not tolerant of being disappointed.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2070 Posted: 03:23:18 26/06/2019 | Topic Creator
Soon shade came for his food. He gave a nod indicating Thank you to Latnok and went to eat next to Tyraika. “Raclaw will be there. He’s kind as well as his companion Chester the small dog that follows him around.”
---
SC
#2071 Posted: 09:48:54 26/06/2019
Kasidra smiled and nodded. "Thank you, sir. I appreciate that. I won't let it happen again." She was glad to know that there wouldn't be repercussions. All she had to do was make sure it didn't happen again. "Also, sir, I was planning to take food to Maverick and Ilasi again. Is there any news I should inform them of?" Now was a good chance for the tiefling to also learn of any details she didn't currently know about.

Tyraika looked to Shade as he spoke. "Those two aren't the ones I'm worried about, though. I'm fine with fellow dragons and other animals. It's the human I'm not comfortable with."
---
#2072 Posted: 10:18:36 26/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“I know, I know. He is the one who put the collar on me. In ways I’m actually glad he did. Without it I wouldn’t be able to effectively control my powers.”
---
SC
#2073 Posted: 14:30:00 26/06/2019
Angora deactivated her shield, getting out of the way fast since the sphere was all drooled and was going to fall on her if she didn't get out. She then saw Veris' signal and understood.
"Right on big guy. I'll get you something fast." Angora commented, taking the time to also take his bucket of water and fill it too. Angora left the enclosure, with both her and Veris unaware of her growing abilities.

The troll entered the kitchen, smelling Latnok's cooking. She doubted he or anyone else would bring her food, and with her appetite awakened with the smell, she picked a raw turkey leg for herself, while she prepared a large tray with bacon mixed with different kinds of fish for Veris. She drank some water and filled Veris' bucket with clean water. She was tempted to cook the meat, but that took time, and knowing the wyvern didn't care about the state of the meat, she left it as it is and headed to the enclosure.
"Here you go Veris. Enjoy." she said, sliding the tray below him and leaving the bucket of water on one side of the enclosure while she headed to a corner to eat the turkey leg in peace. As she did, she briefly grabbed the orb hidden in her pocket, and wondered when will Shepherd ever contact her again. Was he by any chance involved in Sere's arrest? He was a mysterious and tricky individual, not to mention powerful. It looked unlikely, but it could still be a possibility... although she had no way to know. She then dismissed the idea and continued eating, remembering and missing the times she did that with Shade. She looked forward to the day she would be allowed to interact with him, but for now, she was just happy that she could be so useful to the dear Veris, who was someone that loved her, flaws and all.

Ilasi caught the delicious smell of the food wafting through the air, and her mouth watered. "Uh, I think Kasidra will bring us food," she said. "If Latnok hasn't chewed her out too badly." She still remembered the situation of Kasidra having missed her sparing appointment - and Latnok was generally not tolerant of being disappointed.

When Ilasi made the comment, Maverick remembered what he meant.
"Oh right, the sparring. Well señor Latnok must know it's not her fault. Señorita Kasidra was only helping us. He can't possibly penalize her for that." he exclaimed, willing to take the fall for her if necessary. He then sat besides Ilasi, willing to wait a while to see if someone did indeed brought them food, though he wondered if Ilasi believed that or if she said it to prevent him from leaving her.
---
#2074 Posted: 19:35:58 26/06/2019
"You may inform them of what's happened so far," Latnok said. "As well as the current plan. Besides that, nothing. I take it they know that they're back on duty tomorrow." After answering Kasidra, Latnok immediately finished up the last of his food.
He would leave the dishes to someone else. For now, Latnok would be headed back to his cabin. Taking a look at Tyraika, he focused his mind for telepathy. "We're headed inside. Get over here," he ordered her.

Veris gleefully chomped down on the food provided to him, leaving no trace of it. As soon as that was done, he began drinking of his water. Overall, he felt rather relaxed after the day had gone by - suspecting absolutely nothing about his master. He did wonder why Angora would go off to a corner sometimes, but chalked it down to some more humanoid behavior he would never understand.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:34:20 26/06/2019 by A Guy
#2075 Posted: 21:33:14 26/06/2019
Kasidra nodded. "Understood, sir." She headed over to the cart to gather the plates of food. She grabbed three plates, one for herself as well, and placed them on a tray to make it all easier to carry. At least the tiefling wouldn't have to wait to eat or come back for her own food. Once she was all set, Kasidra left the main deck to deliver the food. She headed down the hallway to Ilasi's cabin and knocked on the door when she got there.

Tyraika sighed and stood up, knowing she would have to leave her friend behind. She glanced to Shade real quick. "Well, I guess I'll see you later. Bye, Shade." Tyraika walked over to Latnok and met his gaze. She wasn't sure if she was supposed to say or do anything else, so she simply waited for the Guardian.
---
#2076 Posted: 21:37:59 26/06/2019
Raclaw and Chester soon joined Latnok-- having finished their meals. Risar, meanwhile, would stay on deck and keep an eye on things for the time being.
---
#2077 Posted: 22:05:30 26/06/2019
At the main deck, the three former pirates were arriving. They knew the ship had stopped, but didn't expected to stop at a place with such heavy guarding. All the islands have either been deserted or not very advanced, but this one seemed well developed. They didn't encounter any sailors gossiping along the way, so they still didn't know about their captain's situation.
"Well, this is quite a surprise." Sand Dune exclaimed as he contemplated the island.
"Oh, hello Blackie." he then said, greeting Shade.
"You're greeting him?" Opium asked, having heard too much about the Scourge of Redwater before.
"Come on guys. Have you forgotten? He helped save my life during that storm. No need to be rude." Sand Dune said to his friends, when noticing that even Random was skeptical. The two friends were nervous around Shade, but Sand Dune was more warm to him after seeing his more caring side.

Veris gleefully chomped down on the food provided to him, leaving no trace of it. As soon as that was done, he began drinking of his water. Overall, he felt rather relaxed after the day had gone by - suspecting absolutely nothing about his master. He did wonder why Angora would go off to a corner sometimes, but chalked it down to some more humanoid behavior he would never understand.

Angora finished her meal, noticing Veris glancing at her.
"Something wrong boy? You wanted the turkey leg, didn't you? Well I'll get you one later. You already had a hearty meal yourself, and remember that if you grow a big belly, you will not be able to fly well." Angora commented, assuming that was the reason for his staring. Veris was still using sign language to express his desires, so the two companions were still blissfully unaware about their evolved communication. Angora threw the bone to him, letting him eat it if he wanted to. Trolls could also eat bones, but Angora didn't want it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:16:51 26/06/2019 by Felines
#2078 Posted: 22:25:44 26/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“See you in the morning Tyraika.” Shade said with a smile. “I’ll be here unless I’m in training. If you need anything Raclaw will be there.”
---
SC
#2079 Posted: 00:45:26 27/06/2019
Veris quickly snapped up the turkey bone without much complaint, appreciating the food even if Angora misinterpreted his gesture. Having been decently satiated, he began to lay about lazily. It wouldn't be long before he was snoozing comfortably.

With Tyraika present, Latnok was ready to head to the cabin. "Okay, follow me, now," Latnok instructed the wild dragon. "Don't snap at anything, nothing is going to hurt you here. I'm trying not to collar you, so work with me."

Eventually, the group would reach his cabin - the hallways naturally being a tight squeeze for two dragons at once. Latnok pushed the door open, scanning the room to see where he could make space for Tyraika; after taking a look, he figured that Tyraika could sleep in a corner if he moved some of his furniture out. He proceeded to do just that - moving a dresser and chair out of the way, before reentering the room and indicating for the others to come in. Tyraika, being a wild dragon, would more than certainly be comfortable with the hard floor.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2080 Posted: 00:58:32 27/06/2019
Chester proceeded to walk in first-- having chosen to walk ahead of the two dragons. Raclaw would follow suit and would meet Chester in their side of the room. "Come on--.," Raclaw said with a gentle smile encouraging the wild Tyraika to enter. "The room won't hurt you and Latnok even prepared a spot for you.," the tamed Fur Dragon said motioning towards the empty corner. Two beds could be seen on their own side; a larger one was clearly meant for Raclaw while a nearby smaller bed was no doubt meant for his smaller canine companion. Of course, that didn't stop them from sleeping together if they so chose to.
---
#2081 Posted: 02:07:20 27/06/2019
Tyraika gave a small nod and followed Latnok. "I... Understand," she said quietly. Tyraika was still uncertain as to how much of that she actually believed. She didn't know a lot about humanoids, only familiar with first impressions she had gotten from pirates and hunters, and still didn't quite understand the difference between them and this new crew she had recently met. All Tyraika knew to do was to trust her fellow dragons and hope she could do enough to avoid being collared herself.

When they reached the cabin, Tyraika paused at the door and merely poked her head in at first. It looked crowded, not at all like her spacious lair. So she waited for Latnok to move furniture out first. She watched as he moved a dresser and chair, and stared at the items for a moment. Tyraika slowly approached the furniture and sniffed them. They sure smelled like the human alright, although what strange treasure he had. She only inspected it for a moment, before turning her attention to the room.

Tyraika poked her head into the room again and looked around. It looked a little more spacious now, without the furniture in it. Although, a couple of things still remained. Tyraika slowly stepped into the room, giving each of the beds a curious glance. She tilted her head slightly. What odd treasure they possessed here. Tyraika shook her head gently and figured she would never understand this civilized world. She went to the empty corner and laid down on the hard floor. Tyraika curled up, with her back against the wall, facing the rest of the room.
---
#2082 Posted: 02:36:13 27/06/2019
Raclaw watched with a smile as Tyraika sniffed and inspected what had to be the first civilized room she had ever slept in. He saw what she sniffing and was willing to try as explain as best as he could. "Those items in the hallway were an dresser and chair-- humans use them to store their clothes and to rest their legs.," the fur dragon began to explain before motioning towards his and Chester's beds. "These... these are beds. You sleep on them and you can think of them as a giant pillow.. erm a soft surface to rest your head on. Don't worry-- none of this stuff will hurt you.," Raclaw said demonstrating the bed by curling into and laying down on the bed before getting up. "Here... you can try it if you wish and I'm sure we can find a spare somewhere. You're safe here and you couldn't be any safer with Latnok.," he then said welcoming the wild dragon to try the new foreign object that was the dog/pet bed.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:37:09 27/06/2019 by redwes
#2083 Posted: 03:21:15 27/06/2019
OOC: Remember that Sand Dune talked with Shade.

As Maverick stayed with Ilasi reading some stories, he heard the door knocking. He didn't expect food to be delivered, so this was a really pleasant surprise.
"Oh. Hola señorita Kasidra. Is that for us? Gracias. I was going to look for some, but Ilasi wanted me to wait, and here you are. Hope you didn't get in trouble with señor Latnok. Remember that you can tell him to come talk to me if he becomes too harsh with you." Maverick stated, grabbing the plates and inviting Kasidra in if she desired to enter.

Veris quickly snapped up the turkey bone without much complaint, appreciating the food even if Angora misinterpreted his gesture. Having been decently satiated, he began to lay about lazily. It wouldn't be long before he was snoozing comfortably.

Angora smiled, knowing it was only a matter of time before the wyvern's meal took a toll on him.
"Rest well you silly giant." she said affectionately, patting one of his wings briefly before leaving the enclosure to let him sleep. She then headed to Dahlia's enclosure to see how she was, seeing the dirt buffalo feasting on some of the hay that was distributed there. Her water was clean, which meant Maverick probably already attended her needs. The big animal looked at Angora to acknowledge her presence, but didn't pay much attention to her afterwards. Angora took the brush that was left in a small basket nearby and started grooming the dirt buffalo, surprising Dahlia, but welcoming the gesture.

After finishing with the brush, the little troll gave the buffalo a small belly rub and then left her alone, ready to give a heads up to Maverick when she encountered him again. Dahlia wasn't being attended as much as usual, no doubt because of the attention Ilasi was giving, so Angora believed the unusual mount was being somewhat neglected, at least in terms of love. She already did a small part though, so Angora was satisfied. She knew that taking care of animals was probably a low job for many, but she didn't care. The company of animals, even if it was one giant predator that could bring her some very easy harm, was much better than humans or other humanoids.
---
#2084 Posted: 09:36:18 27/06/2019
Tyraika raised her head to look at Raclaw as he began to explain things to her. She tilted her head. Having a dresser for storage sounded nice; she could put treasure in that. Although, the explanation of it did remind her of how strange it was that humans wore things, instead of simply having fur or scales. Humans were so strange. Tyraika also didn't understand why they couldn't simply rest their legs on the ground. What was wrong with just sitting or laying on the ground? You didn't need an item for that, you just needed to get off of your feet. Tyraika was about to ask what a pillow was, when Raclaw went ahead and explained that as well. Although, she didn't understand why a bed was needed. Again, what was wrong with the floor?

When Raclaw offered her a chance to try it out, Tyraika stared in curiosity for a moment. She got up and slowly walked over to the bed. She sniffed it and began inspecting it. It certainly smelled like the fur dragon. It was a much more familiar, welcoming, and comforting scent to the wild dragon. Tyraika lightly pawed at the bed out of curiosity. When nothing happened, she pressed one paw into the soft material. Her paw sank into the bed slightly. The softness sort of surprised her at first, so Tyraika quickly pulled her paw back.

Tyraika shook her head gently. "It's weird. I don't like it," she decided rather abruptly. "It's soft and my paw sort of sinks into it, yet it isn't like sand." Tyraika tilted her head. "It's just strange. I like the floor better. Uh, thanks, though." With that, Tyraika headed back to her corner and laid down. The floor was closer to the cave floor she was used to sleeping on. Tyraika still wasn't sure about how safe she felt here with these humans. She kept hearing her fellow dragons say positive things about them, but it still conflicted with everything she thought she knew about humans. How could these people be so different than ones she had met before?

Kasidra stepped into the room, still holding the tray and the remaining plate for herself. "Hey, Maverick, Ilasi. Yes, I brought that for you. You're welcome. Well, good thing you decided to wait then, huh?" She smiled and hand-waved the issue. "Oh, it's fine. Latnok let me off the hook this once. So I don't have to worry about a punishment or anything. I just need to make sure that doesn't happen again. I'm free tonight, though." Kasidra placed the tray down on a dresser and picked up her plate so that she could start eating.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:36:45 27/06/2019 by Cynder09
#2085 Posted: 19:18:56 27/06/2019
Maverick was very relieved with the information.
"Well I'm glad he was so understanding. He can be reasoned with from time to time." he said, knowing that even someone as strict as Latnok could have it's moment of softness, otherwise he would've never befriended Raclaw or even have a cute little doggie like Chester.
"If you're free tonight, you can spar with señor Latnok. Or you can always come here. We can play games or tell stories." Maverick then welcomed, showing his ever friendly side and looking forward to befriending Kasidra, maybe even talk about Angora so that the poor little troll could finally have another friend.

As for the troll herself, she wandered around the ship for a while, heading to the main deck after getting tired of walking, not caring if the rude dragon saw her. She saw to her relief and happiness that not only Tyraika was nowhere on the main deck, but her three former cell mates were there as well.
"Why hello there you cutie! So nice to see you again!" Sand Dune greeted excitedly with a hug, with Opium rustling up her head and Random giving her a heavy handshake. It made Angora wonder why couldn't other people of the world be that kind.
"Hey guys. What a surprise. I thought you were going to stay in the infirmary." Angora asked, although after saying it hoped she didn't say anything rude.
"Well that was the plan, but we left it impeccable, and without any more patients, we got bored and decided to try to get acquainted with the crew." Sand Dune kindly explained, with none of them taking offense to her comment. Now that Tyraika wasn't there and these three wonderful men were here, she had every reason to be on the main deck.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:01:50 27/06/2019 by Felines
#2086 Posted: 20:36:17 27/06/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade was looking at the imposing wall when Sand Dune spoke to him. “Hello! How are you today?” Shade said politely. He looked at the other two and gave a friendly smile.
---
SC
#2087 Posted: 21:06:03 27/06/2019
The two other men looked away, but Sand Dune waved at the black dragon.
"He's your friend, isn't he Angora?" Sand Dune asked, remembering the troll talked about him.
"Yes, but I can't talk to him yet. It's part of his training." Angora explained, not looking at Shade to avoid the temptation of speaking to him. Latnok and Shade weren't there, but still, the other sailors could tell on her just to get them in trouble, so she decided it was better to honor the deal even though she still hated it.
"Well, I'm certain his training will be complete soon. He may a powerful dragon, but he's not a bad creature. I've seen it for myself." Sand Dune said kindly, filling Angora with hope. With Tyraika away, Shade could always talk to Sand Dune. He wasn't forbidden from talking to him after all. She only wished Opium and Random could lose their fear of him as well.
---
#2088 Posted: 21:12:43 27/06/2019
Latnok looked somewhat drolly at the spectacle of Tyraika trying to figure out the room and the furniture. As he predicted, she shunned the bed, preferring the floor. With Tyraika having her space, Latnok began the actions of casting the warding spell - the white line of light in the ground between himself and his companions and Tyraika indicating the border the spell would take. Those within the border when the spell was cast could move freely; those outside of it would trigger the ward, being slowed down significantly (albeit for a short time) as the caster was alerted.
When Latnok finished casting the spell, the white line disappeared. "So you saw that line, right? You are not to cross it," he warned. "I will not take too kindly to any attempt to 'surprise' me in my sleep." Though Latnok didn't feel that the wild dragon would try to do anything with Raclaw present, he couldn't be too careful.

Ilasi gladly took the food brought by Kasidra. "Thank you," she said, as she began eating some of the produce. In between bites, she would continue to speak.
"Latnok can be very understanding... when he wants to be, anyway," Ilasi said. "He generally doesn't take it too kindly when people don't make his appointments. Angora is a perfect example of that... but I'm relieved that he took it easy on you."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2089 Posted: 21:38:55 27/06/2019
Maverick felt rather uncomfortable when Ilasi mentioned Angora, being reminded on how much Latnok scolded her and how hard he was on her, but he tried his best to hide it and proceeded to eat his own meal.
"Well, better get ready Ilasi. El capitán may be arrested, but señor Latnok will certainly take over, and we were only allowed one free day. We'll likely have to work tomorrow." Maverick reminded, mostly to change the subject. Being reminded of Angora's harsh treatment combined with Sere's predicament had the faun man very uneasy.

After a while of hanging out together, Angora left her three friends to walk around the ship to get aquatinted with the other sailors while she proceeded to head to the gangplank. Even if heavy guarded, she still wanted some dry land time, although she tried not to hope too much of that since chances were that they weren't going to let her enter. She did hoped she could catch a glance of the imprisoned Sere and see him miserable, so that he will know how he and his protégé made her feel too many times.

She was about to step outside the ship when she took notice of the cyclops in the distance, becoming pale and backing up towards the ship immediately. She has never seen a cyclops before, but knew how they looked, and according to stories told by her parents, they were so evil that they squashed baby trolls, sometimes even eating them, so that they never had a chance to grow and be rivals to them. Her clan's biggest rivals were orcs, and even though she didn't know if that story was true or just to scare her, it left a negative impression on her. She headed back to the ship, hoping nobody on the island noticed her, especially the one eyes beast.
---
#2090 Posted: 21:57:44 27/06/2019
Tyraika raised her head to watch what Latnok was doing now. She tilted her head and gave a curious glance to the white line. Before she could try to make sense of it, it disappeared. Well, that was certainly strange. Tyraika nodded at Latnok's question. "I understand," she said in monotone. It seemed like the white line was just a border to mark his territory or something. It was fairly normal behavior, especially for a male. Tyraika laid her head back down.

Kasidra took bites of her food while she listened. She made sure to chew and swallow, so as not to speak with her mouth full. "Well, he said that I generally do the right thing, so he gave me a pass this once. I guess I've made a good enough impression so far to get away with that this time. I just can't make a habit of that. I don't intend to miss the sparring again, though. Although, I think Latnok might have gone to bed already. As I was leaving the main deck, I saw him getting ready to leave, too, with Raclaw and Chester. That wild dragon was with them, too. I don't know, maybe it was actually training or something." Kasidra shrugged. "Either way, he seems busy. So I guess I can hang out here, if you two don't mind."
---
#2091 Posted: 22:08:13 27/06/2019
"Certainly. It'll give us all something to do." Maverick said exitedly, looking forward to knowing Kasidra better. If she stayed there with them, he could also mention Angora and motivate the tiefling to befriending her. The troll was just terribly misunderstood after all, especially by the Guardians. Maverick knew she had the three former pirates as friends, but maybe someone of her same gender could do wonders. There was Ilasi of course, but he knew his girlfriend would rather spend time with him than his little friend.
---
#2092 Posted: 20:31:10 28/06/2019
Sere was escorted into his prison cell in a dungeon in one of the fortified areas. The cell door was shut behind him after he walked in. The cell wasn't too spacious, but at least had a decent bed. The gray, brick walls were bland and had absolutely no sort of decoration on them.
In the dungeon were also other criminals - some humans, like himself, and two elves.
It wasn't long after Sere was brought in before he was provided a meal of some sort of meat - Sere presumed it to be goat meat based on how it looked and smelled. The food was warm, and someone at least made an attempt to cook it.
The treatment Sere had received so far hadn't been as bad as he thought; but then again, a good portion of these people seemed to disagree with him being imprisoned in the first place. He wondered what was to come next - a trial of some sort? His crew would figure something out, certainly.

With the ward set, Latnok refilled a water bowl for Chester before lying in bed focusing his mind, falling asleep almost immediately in his armor. The ability to sleep on demand was certainly very useful here - he would be too wary to do so otherwise, with the wild dragon around. He would need to be rested for the day ahead.

Leoquin was still peering out to the shore and the walls as the sun finally set. What would they find on this island? There would likely be time for exploring after the whole deal with the captain was sorted out. He was likely not going to have to move the ship for a while. That would give him time to focus on other things...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2093 Posted: 21:16:59 28/06/2019
Chester thankfully drank some water before laying down in his bed alongside Raclaw's; the larger fur dragon companion had already curled into bed and had began to rest his head. The two furry friends were clearly comfortable and well accustomed to their apparent sleeping arrangements. "Night Raclaw, Night Latnok.," Chester barked in a gentle subtle tone. "Night Chester-- sweet dreams.," Raclaw responded in the same tone and tongue, clear capable of such motions and well adapt in the 'secret language' of his canine companion and by extension Latnok. Raclaw offered a smile to the wild Tyraika as he began to rest his eyes and gently drift to sleep. A part of him couldn't believe that he was actually falling asleep to the sight of a fur-like dragon and would soon wake up to that same sight as well. And perhaps there was hope for Tyriaka yet...

Meanwhile-- Risar peered out onto the shore alongside Leoquin, not purposely inviting the company but rather coincidentally partaking in the same activity. "So the captain...," the large minotaur said glancing at the merman. "What crime do you think the locals will have accused him of?," he then said making small talk and speaking out of curiosity. From what he could tell, Sere had never stepped foot onto these lands before or so it had seemed at least.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:18:03 28/06/2019 by redwes
#2094 Posted: 21:21:05 28/06/2019
While Angora desisted her attempts to go to the island, she remained on the main deck nonetheless, peeking at whatever she could catch beyond the wall. The tension was noticeable. But she then wondered, would some of the crew attempt to help Sere? Or would they let everything run it's course? The people on the island didn't look exceptionally hostile asides the cyclops, so perhaps there was nothing to worry about. Even so, she still felt awful about not telling Beris anything, but there was no point in worrying him and risk him from doing something crazy over something that probably had an easy solution. But while she believed things will be solved, she was still pleasantly hoping Sere was feeling some sense of misery about being locked up, a fate that has befallen her way too many times, some of them because of him.

The three former pirates noticed Angora's sullen demeanor and decided to sit besides her to keep her some company. Even though Angora wanted to be alone this time, she didn't have the heart to tell them to leave, so she tolerated their presence. Sand Dune then suggested a game of cards, just like they did when they were cellmates. While Angora didn't want to revive her own moments of captivity, she did appreciated the men's attempts to distract her mind from all the unpleasant thoughts.
---
#2095 Posted: 22:13:45 28/06/2019
Kasidra finished up her food and placed the plate on the tray. She looked to Maverick and Ilasi. "So what do you guys want to do now? A game sounds fun, or we could always just talk, if you prefer." The tiefling shrugged. She didn't really have a preference in the activity. It was sort of rare for Kasidra to have a chance to relax and just hang out with people.

Tyraika glanced at the two furry companions, but didn't understand their secret canine language. It still seemed strange to her, though, hearing a dragon bark. She felt Raclaw was too used to this civilized life, even going so far as to pick up habits from a dog of all things. Still, he was a fellow dragon, and a nice one at that. Tyraika offered up a subtle smile of her own to the fur dragon. She glanced up at the sleeping Latnok and watched him for a moment, still wary of the human. A part of her wanted to continue watching him, just in case, but she was exhausted from barely getting much sleep the previous night. So it wasn't long before Tyraika drifted off to sleep herself.
---
#2096 Posted: 22:42:19 28/06/2019
Leoquin, though not startled, was rather surprised, not expecting the typically reserved minotaur to ask him a question. He knew what justice was like in Aelinon, but also knew that places outside its borders were more lenient. "I dunno,"Leoquin said. "Doubt the captain is dumb enough to come here if he actually committed a crime here. Perhaps they mistook him for some murderer or something? But then, it would have had to have been someone who looks similar to him, and he's not exactly a normal-looking human... but apparently the crime was a while ago? So their memory could be foggy. Or they could think he's trying to disguise himself." Leoquin didn't expect to be putting so much thought into a situation he could do little about - but if they could figure out what the deal was, perhaps their chances would be better.

Ilasi realized that she never practiced her violin today - she had been with Maverick almost the entire day, and didn't bother finding time. It didn't bother her too much, however, and she would rather not subject Maverick and Kasidra to that. "We could just sit around and talk," she suggested. "Get to know each other a bit better." Kasidra was someone Ilasi would likely be working with quite a bit - the better they knew each other, the better things would work out.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2097 Posted: 22:52:42 28/06/2019
Maverick was looking forward to some bonding time. Like with Angora, Ilasi having someone of her same gender as a friend could be a terrific thing indeed.
"So, let's start with you señorita Kasidra. I'm curious. How did you ended up on that island? I woke up there myself and had a close call with one of those ugly giant iguanas, but I got to leave the island quickly..." Maverick commented, wondering how she got there in the first place. Perhaps under similar circumstances as him? At least Kasidra has been lucky enough to have been among civilization, since the wilderness was quite unforgiving.

Angora enjoyed a nice game of cards with her friends, providing some distraction, but not enough. She still couldn't stop thinking about Sere, or what the next move will be. The only thing that relieved her was that if some of the crew intended to rescue him, she wasn't going to be involved. She doubted anyone would ask for her help, plus she didn't like Sere and didn't mind what he was going through. Whether he was indeed a criminal or was just a case of mistaken identity didn't matter to her. He was treated as a criminal and all locked up, which is the same thing he did to her. She hoped that wherever he was, he would think of her, and how he made her feel.
---
#2098 Posted: 01:43:55 29/06/2019
"Oh, me?" Kasidra asked. "I guess I should've expected that." She sighed as she thought back to how she ended up stranded. "It was a storm mostly. The crew I came here with, they weren't nearly as prepared as you guys were. From what I remember, the ship took some serious damage and some of the crew went overboard. Everything after that is still kind of foggy, I must have been knocked out somehow. I remember waking up in the village, with the people taking care of me. I guess I got really lucky that I survived and ended up on a good island." She paused. "Thankfully, I didn't have to worry about the tongueans, though. They're pretty harmless, anyway. I actually used to hunt them, back when I was sort of living there."
---
#2099 Posted: 01:55:04 29/06/2019
Maverick felt a bit insulted when hearing about the tongueans being harmless. Did he really encountered a rare, hostile one?
"Well, you were still very lucky. The blacksmith there told me there was some pretty dangerous fauna out there. I wouldn't consider tongueans harmless though, unless I have some really bad luck. One tried to eat me, and the same actually managed to devour one of the sailors here. Good thing Osc... the black dragon detected him before he could run away, or we would've lost him." Maverick commented, already being aware of what happened with the sailor telling his ordeal to everyone. While he had been traumatized by the experience, he also felt the need to show off to the fact that he was consumed by a beast and managed to be spat out and live to tell the tale.
---
#2100 Posted: 02:09:00 29/06/2019
"Well, yeah, the cavers are at least," Kasidra nodded. "So I heard anyway. I never actually saw one for myself. I avoided any cave or whatever that looked suspicious. I just hunted the tongueans because they make good armor and it was something to do." She shrugged. The island was quite peaceful, but also quite boring. Kasidra figured she could never actually live there permanently. Her eyes widened at Maverick's story. "Oh, wow. Really? I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make light of the danger. I guess I just have abilities that naturally countered theirs, so I didn't have any trouble with them. I'm sorry you weren't as lucky."
---
First | Previous | Page 42 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me