Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private)
First | Previous | Page 36 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 48 49 50
Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private) [CLOSED]
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8609
#1751 Posted: 04:27:30 02/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“I understand it’s scary to be away from home truly I do. I can sense you’re afraid of the unknown.” Shade said. “I am too and still am. But giving a chance to someone is getting rid of that fear. I won’t force you to trust them but all I’m saying is get to know them. I’ve learned that from experience.”
---
SC
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9866
#1752 Posted: 15:52:53 02/06/2019
Tyraika huffed. "I'm not afraid. I just want to go back home, preferably before any other disaster happens." While the dragon put on a brave face, there was still a level of uneasiness and even fear deep down. She had no idea what would happen to her now. She had originally agreed to this deal to better her chances at survival, but now with this current mess, she wasn't even sure if survival was her main concern anymore. All Tyraika wanted to do now was get back to her old life, where things were simple, familiar, and fairly predictable. She felt safer on her island than she did here.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
#1753 Posted: 16:23:59 02/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“I understand.” Shade said. “Do you want to be alone for now or do you want me to keep you company?” He said sensing her uneasiness.
---
SC
#1754 Posted: 16:43:07 02/06/2019
Tyraika sighed and was quiet for a moment. "It's fine, you can stay," she said, quietly. With a deep breath, her uneasiness started to lessen. Talking about it and having another dragon for company helped somewhat. At the very least, Shade wasn't the one who made her feel uncomfortable. Although, Tyraika was still afraid of an unknown future. She supposed a lot of it now depended on how things would go with the mermaid. She could only hope they wouldn't get any worse.
---
#1755 Posted: 18:57:44 02/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“Well I’m here if you still want to talk.” Shade said.
---
SC
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8585
#1756 Posted: 19:23:24 02/06/2019
Quote:
Latnok had lowered his weapon when Sere had left. With his attention now free, he took a look at Raclaw - at the wound he had, which had been patched up by Ilasi. The mermaid did an excellent job - as she always did with Raclaw. Latnok was truly grateful for her.
"I... I don't know what to think about the whole thing," Latnok admittd to Raclaw. "The wild dragon is obviously not fully stable - and with electricity, that can have truly horrific effects. But, if what you say is correct, she wasn't looking to be hostile. Still... I'm not too sure about the whole deal."

"From what I've seen of her thoughts-- I get the impression that she's seen little of civilization and doesn't fully understand exactly what happened. The electricity is admittingly a little concerning, but I don't believe that she met to harm anyone and especially an healer at that. When she protected me back on the island, she seemed wary of humans and probably isn't differentiating hybrids or other humanoids from that wariness. She is still wild, but it may yet be possible for her to adjust at least long enough to get the healing. And if she knows or at least knew my parents...," Raclaw said still not believing just how close they were getting. "If she has any lead on my parents, than it may be worth giving her a chance.," he then said looking up at Latnok. Chester remained close by within the usual petting range, glancing at the new dragon with a look of curiosity. She wasn't a Fur Dragon and yet-- she almost could be at a glance. It was a curious thing, but not entirely unlike how different breeds of dog sometimes looked eerily similar to each other.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:24:07 02/06/2019 by redwes
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1757 Posted: 22:32:06 02/06/2019
Veris was unaware of the new visitor, having not been outside to witness her arrival to the ship. As far as he knew, Angora just had another bad encounter with one of the regular crew. He let out a series of grunts and low throat rumblings in an effort to communicate his condolences, as he rolled over on his side to leave himself more open if Angora wanted to pick a spot on him to settle by.

Raclaw did have a point - they wouldn't alway shave opportunities like they had so far, if they wanted leads on Raclaw's parents. "That's true... though I don't know exactl yhow well the crew will handle her presence," Latnok pointed out. "As far as most of them will be concerned now, she's a wild, dangerous animal. Likely Godfather Sere or I will have to be on deck at all times until things settle down, at least." As Latnok spoke, he sat down on the deck, and began subconsciously petting Chester in the usual manner. There was just something about the company of a dog that was incomparable to the company of others - something pure and reliable.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1758 Posted: 22:39:17 02/06/2019
"Thanks, Shade," Tyraika said. She sighed and was quiet for a moment. "I don't know what to do," she began. "I'm expected to explain things to the mermaid whenever she wakes up. I don't know what to say to her. What if she's afraid of me now? That could only make everything worse." She was afraid things would only escalate from here.
---
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1759 Posted: 22:52:01 02/06/2019
Maverick continued taking care of Ilasi, softening her pillow, accommodating her blanket and opening the window so that the soothing sound of the waves and the calming smell of the sea could make the rest more pleasant. It was with that last action that he also finally realized they were on the move.
"¿Pero qué?" he exclaimed, seeing they were already at a considerable distance. How come he didn't noticed the ship moving? And what about the creature? It was being taken away from it's home? Won't it panic? What were the Guardians thinking? Maverick dreaded to think the poor dragon was now a prisoner for what happened earlier, but he couldn't check yet. Ilasi was his main priority now.

Quote: A Guy
Veris was unaware of the new visitor, having not been outside to witness her arrival to the ship. As far as he knew, Angora just had another bad encounter with one of the regular crew. He let out a series of grunts and low throat rumblings in an effort to communicate his condolences, as he rolled over on his side to leave himself more open if Angora wanted to pick a spot on him to settle by.

Having noticed Veris' cue, Angora rested by his wing, already feeling better.
"Ah well, how many friends someone needs anyway? I already have plenty, especially for a troll. Trolls don't make friends, you know? How did I get so lucky with you? Your master... well he isn't very fond of me as you know, but for some reason, you like me, and that's more that I could ever ask for. I'm just sorry I can't understand you... yet. Neo said that was a one time help from his part that day, but perhaps the more I hang out with you, the sooner I'll learn. Just think on the awesome conversations we can have when I'm finally able to understand you Veris." Angora said with a wide smile as she looked at the ceiling, already looking forward to the event. She was feeling so great, she didn't even mind what happened earlier with the new dragon. Without saying a word, at least ones she could understand, the wyvern always made her feel better. Angora felt like she could finally be herself when she was around Veris. Only Maverick and Shade ever made her feel that way, but due to the current circumstances, Veris was the only one where she felt like she could be her truest, deepest self.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#1760 Posted: 22:56:44 02/06/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade noded. “Don’t worry. She was once afraid of me because of my past but she likes me. Just calmly explain what happened and I’m sure she’ll understand. Just take it nice and slow.” He gave a reassuring smile. “That’s all we can do for now. You aren’t used to people yet so it was a reasonable response.”
---
SC
#1761 Posted: 23:49:06 02/06/2019
Tyraika blinked. "Really? It's that simple? She got injured, but she'll just let it go?" The dragon shook her head gently. "I'll believe it when I see it. I seriously doubt the one who actually got hurt is going to be any more understanding than everyone else." Tyraika sighed. "Hardly anyone else seems to agree with you, Shade. All those people with weapons? Yeah, they didn't think it was so reasonable. They're treating me like an enemy over an accident. I shouldn't be here..." she muttered.
---
#1762 Posted: 23:57:54 02/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“To be honest it’s because of my past outbursts they are like that.” Shade said. “They aren’t taking chances.”
---
SC
#1763 Posted: 00:03:53 03/06/2019
Quote:
Raclaw did have a point - they wouldn't alway shave opportunities like they had so far, if they wanted leads on Raclaw's parents. "That's true... though I don't know exactly how well the crew will handle her presence," Latnok pointed out. "As far as most of them will be concerned now, she's a wild, dangerous animal. Likely Godfather Sere or I will have to be on deck at all times until things settle down, at least." As Latnok spoke, he sat down on the deck, and began subconsciously petting Chester in the usual manner. There was just something about the company of a dog that was incomparable to the company of others - something pure and reliable.

"That is true-- she is untrained and undisciplined, but she did protect me. And she knows that we do want to help her.," Raclaw said as he laid down aside Latnok and watched the fur-like dragon from a distance. It was curious just how close their races seemingly were at least from a visual inspection. "She may require some supervision, but she's seen me and and she's seen how Ilasi has helped my own wound. I should be able to at least try to calm her down should any further complications occur. And she at least seems friendly enough with other dragons.," the dragon companion said as he observed Tyraika and Shade seemingly getting along. Perhaps it was merely because most left the Dragolet alone or perhaps it was something else.
---
#1764 Posted: 00:07:55 03/06/2019
"I see..." Tyraika muttered. She sighed. "I guess that makes sense." She paused. "I mean, I don't trust people because I've always had to deal with pirates. A few bad experiences can really ruin your perspective on things."
---
#1765 Posted: 00:36:26 03/06/2019
As time passed, the motion of the ship eventually caused Ilasi to wake up. Her head was still a foggy mess - she could recall the very basics of what had happened. She had brought some medicine to the dragon; it suddenly became defensive; and the medicine in her hand exploded. After that, it was all a blur...
One thing Ilasi was glad to see was that Maverick was with her, which immediately put her at ease. She felt for where her wounds would - or should - be, and couldn't find anything discernible. Did she dream the whole thing? Something must have happened - Maverick wouldn't be watching over her like that otherwise.
"Ugh..." she groaned, as she struggled to sit up. "What happened, sweetie?"

Latnok understood where Raclaw was coming from - though he didn't feel that what the stranger dragon knew or felt would have much bearing on how the rest of the crew would react to her. "We'll see what happens," he said. "If she wanted the others to stay away from her, she's certainly done enough to make it happen."

Veris was deeply disappointed that his limited verbal abilities would limit his ability to communicate anything other than basic concepts to Angora - he wouldn't let that stop him from trying, however. He immediately began letting out a series of hisses, grunts, and clicks in an effort to communicate a his thoughts on the matter, his happiness to have Angora along. They could at least pretend to have a two-sided conversation, even if they couldn't manage one without Raclaw yet.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1766 Posted: 01:18:43 03/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“Yes they can the only thing I And as well as you can do is learn from them.” Shade said as he looked off to the sea in front of them.
---
SC
#1767 Posted: 01:24:16 03/06/2019
Angora focused to try and understand all of his verbal sounds, but they remained like that. No words like that whatsoever. It really frustrated her. No matter how much she focused, she still couldn't understand him.
"Soon Veris. Soon..." she said, wanting to remain hopeful. Neo said she had the ability, but she still needed practice. She was beginning to think she should've followed Sere's advice back then and practiced magic when he said so. Maybe she would've been able to talk to Veris right now if she hadn't postpone the practice. The only thing successful was the shield, but maybe she had far more abilities than that and talking with animals.

Veris' warmth combined with the tiresome day made Angora fall asleep in a matter of seconds, without realizing when did she closed her eyes. She was talking to Veris, and the next thing she knew, everything went dark. Her gentle snoring indicated this was just a nap, but a very deep one at that. Angora hadn't been resting very well lately, and these little moments were enough for her to recover the energy she loses often.

As time passed, the motion of the ship eventually caused Ilasi to wake up. Her head was still a foggy mess - she could recall the very basics of what had happened. She had brought some medicine to the dragon; it suddenly became defensive; and the medicine in her hand exploded. After that, it was all a blur...
One thing Ilasi was glad to see was that Maverick was with her, which immediately put her at ease. She felt for where her wounds would - or should - be, and couldn't find anything discernible. Did she dream the whole thing? Something must have happened - Maverick wouldn't be watching over her like that otherwise.
"Ugh..." she groaned, as she struggled to sit up. "What happened, sweetie?"

Maverick had been looking at the ocean from the window, still worried about the dragon and wondering if Ilasi would be willing to heal it even after what happened. He was drifted away from the thought when he heard her voice.
"Ilasi!" he said ecstatically, practically throwing himself at her to give her a huge hug.

"Oh boy I was so worried! I mean that explosion was loco! You were bleeding so much, and then that dragon looked wild! And then and then, I carried you here, and the Kasidra used blood magic I think it was? She put your blood back! I mean how can that happen? Kasidra the new crewmember I think was her name? And then and then, Angorita finished the job. She closed the wound. This... this green light! Her hands were glowing! I, I, I heard her talking about it, but but but I've never seen it in action! It was impresionante! Fantástico! They both saved you! Look look look, you can't even see the wound! It's almost as if it never existed!" Maverick explained, so quickly that his tongue was barely visible when he talked. He spoke so fast that he didn't even breathe during that super quick explanation, and the lack of oxygen made him pale in that little moment. He took a long breath, never having spoken so fast in his life. He was just so relieved to see Ilasi alright, and all thanks to his best friend and a complete stranger.
---
#1768 Posted: 02:07:35 03/06/2019
"Learn from them?" Tyraika asked. She let out a breathy laugh. "The only thing I learned was not to trust people, and look how well that turned out for me today..."
---
#1769 Posted: 02:18:53 03/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“That is reasonable. Lets just let the healers do their work once she is better.” Shade said. “Just stay calm.”
---
SC
#1770 Posted: 02:43:30 03/06/2019
"Easier said than done," Tyraika said. She sighed. "It's like I can't relax here. I can't help but feel like I'm in enemy territory or something. I feel like if I let my guard down, I'm dead, or worse." She shook her head gently. "I don't belong here."

With her feelings expressed, the dragon felt more uneasy again. Her nerves caused her to look around the deck, as if scanning for a potential threat. Tyraika spotted Raclaw sitting with the dog and one of the people. She recognized the man as one of the ones that trespassed in her lair and being one of the first to point a weapon at her. Her eyes narrowed on the man. He was petting the dog as if he owned the small creature. Tyraika huffed. He probably did. She noticed the shared color between the man's armor and the gem on Raclaw's collar. She knew that Raclaw was raised by humans and that he wore a collar like Shade did. Did this man own him? That definitely seemed to be the case. That poor, misguided fur dragon. He never had a chance at freedom. He was forced into this life, forced to obey these humans. He wasn't even able to think of how good his life could be without them. Perhaps Raclaw was already a lost cause.
---
#1771 Posted: 02:51:29 03/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“I know. It’s been a very long process with me.” Shade said. “Easy relax, just relax.” Shade said. “That will likely make them point their weapons at you Tyraika.” He said calmly. “Just keep talking to me and try not to think about the others too much.”
---
SC
#1772 Posted: 03:47:53 03/06/2019
Tyraika took a deep breath and slowly looked back at Shade. It was hard to stop the urge to watch her back for a potential attack. "I'm trying," she said. "It isn't easy, you know. It's hard not to be cautious around the same species that keeps trying to kill me." She sighed.
---
#1773 Posted: 04:13:33 03/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“I know. Like I said take it slow. Approach them when you’re ready.” Shade said.
---
SC
#1774 Posted: 20:57:14 03/06/2019
Ilasi gave Maverick a somewhat confused look after his rapid explanation of all that had happened. He sounded almost like an excited child.
"Well... it sounds like I had quite a trip, then. One that I hopefully - wait, did you say that Kasidra put blood back *inside* me? Where was the blood taken from? Not from the floor, I hope." As appreciative as Ilasi was, she wasn't looking to die of an infection right after having her wound patched up. As for the dragon - she didn't want to go anywhere near that thing at the moment.

Tyraika's gaze did not escape Latnok - and neither did her huffing. While maintaining his petting of Chester, he returned her gaze. "Who do you think you are?" he demanded with telepathy. "I don't care what sort of environment you come from - when you are on our ship, you follow our rules. And that includes being respectful. If you don't know what it is, I will be happy to teach you." Latnok's opinion of the dragon had already been soured by her reaction causing serious injury to Ilasi.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1775 Posted: 21:38:31 03/06/2019
Maverick wanted to ask how she was feeling when she came with the question.
"Oh no no Ilasi. Not from the floor. She used blood that was still dripping, not the one that already fell. Besides, she has already used that magic as far as I could tell, so I don't think she would take such a risk. Angorita took a while to do her part and close the wound, and look. It doesn't look infected. It doesn't even looked like there was a wound there in the first place." Maverick assured gently, understanding Ilasi's concern. It all depended on how her arm felt. He wanted to trust it was healed both outside and inside.
---
#1776 Posted: 21:46:36 03/06/2019
Tyraika was about to reply to Shade, when she heard a voice in her head. She growled quietly and shook her head. She could hardly remember the last time she had to deal with telepathy. Did that human order Raclaw to open up a mental link? Tyraika glared at him and snorted. "Why ask a question, if you don't care to know the answer? No one mentioned rules when the deal was made, or respect for that matter. It was simple, I get my wing fixed, I give you information. That was it. If you rather call it off, then by all means, just let me go back home. You'll never have to see me again," she replied.
---
#1777 Posted: 21:59:27 03/06/2019
"And you went and almost killed the mermaid who was going to heal your wing because of your lack of control and respect," Latnok retorted indignantly. "You don't hurt my personnel and get away with it. I doubt the mermaid will want to be anywhere near you now. None of this would've happened if you had a modicum of discipline. So while you are on this ship, you will have to learn that discipline, for the safety of our crew. We can start simple, though... you can have your first drink of food or water once you learn to ask politely for it. Fail to show respect to us, and we may fail to show respect to your desire to not be collared."

As Angora went to sleep, Veris laid his head down next to her, watching over her. He would soon go to sleep himself, soothed by the rhythm of Angora's breathing.

Ilasi gave the spot of her wound a feel, noting nothing noticeably wrong. "You're right. I'm worrying too much," she said, looking down. "I... don't know if I can help that dragon. She doesn't take kindly to me... what if she loses control again? What if I don't live this time? Gods, I hope they don't make me go back there..." Ilasi rocked back and forth in her anxiety.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:12:15 03/06/2019 by A Guy
#1778 Posted: 22:34:14 03/06/2019
Tyraika growled. She was getting tired of hearing that. "I didn't lose control, I can use my magic just fine. It was never supposed to hurt anyone. You really think I'd hurt the healer before she had a chance to fix my wing? If I was going to betray our deal, I'd at least wait until after I was healed to do anything crazy," she huffed. Although, she wasn't surprised to hear the mermaid may want nothing to do with her now. That's about what she expected, after what happened. All the more reason to get off this ship as soon as possible.

However, the dragon didn't agree with the discipline. To her, none of this would have happened if she had simply refused their offer and stayed home. This whole mess could have easily been avoided and she'd never have to deal with them again. As it was now, she was practically a prisoner already, in her mind. As much as she hated it, Tyraika figured that being collared was right around the corner anyway, no matter what she did. "I don't need to be fed, I can hunt on my own. I'm not a hatchling."
---
#1779 Posted: 22:37:45 03/06/2019
Maverick understood Ilasi's concern, though it made him sad such an unfortunate accident had to happen.
"It's not your fault Ilasi. The dragon was calm around you. Angorita and I went to help you and that's when it became uneasy. Maybe she found herself overcrowded and panicked. It's our... it's my fault." he then started to say, wanting to keep Angora out of the blame.
"I... I don't know if Angorita can heal that dragon with the magic I saw, but after what happened, well, I don't know if she'll even let us approach it." Maverick analyzed gloomily, really feeling down with what happened. If he had known the dragon would've reacted in such a way, he would've made sure to stay really far away from it.

[i]As Angora went to sleep, Veris laid his head down next to her, watching over her. He would soon go to sleep himself, soothed by the rhythm of Angora's breathing.

Angora slumbered for a few minutes more, opening her eyes wide when she realized what was going on. Veris was clearly one patient beast to have tolerated such behavior from her, and even more so with how careful he was with her in such a vulnerable, and rather embarrassing position. Angora didn't want to disturb the sleeping Veris, so she remained with him, giving him soft belly rubs to make the rest more pleasant. She remained there with him, this place currently the best one on the ship. The hallways were dark, her cabin had Maverick and Ilasi, and she didn't want to be alone in the mermaid's cabin. She could try to find her three former prison buddies, but she had no idea where they were and she wasn't in the mood for searching.

As she remained with Veris, she was ready to get up very fast in case the enclosure was opened. Sere and Latnok were most likely busy right now with the newcomer, but with her bad luck, she was certain that if they appeared in that enclosure, they would give her a severe punishment for seemingly sleeping on the job. She remained attentive just in case, while at the same time wondered if she should contact Neo or Shepherd. She needed to talk with the both of them, but she didn't know with whom to start...
---
#1780 Posted: 22:55:14 03/06/2019
"Good luck hunting while you're bound to this ship," Latnok telepathed in reply. "I don't know if you know quite how this works... but ships tend to be on the water for days, if not weeks, on end. Prey isn't something that comes flying onto the deck - and the seawater isn't potable for most creatures. We typically have it purified and desalinated by the mermaid you almost killed. You can act defiant for now - but hunger and thirst will tame any monster."
As Latnok telepathed Tyraika, Sere happened to pass by. Latnok took the opportunity to ask him a question that was presing him. "Godfather Sere, what's the plan for the dragon?" Latnok asked. "She's likely going to need a watch of some sort - we don't know what else she would react adversely to."
"Fair point. We will have a watch on her during all hours of the day," Sere answered. "You or I will always be available with a collar at any time - so at least one of us will always be on the deck, though this need not always be on the same schedule. Naturally, since I have captain's matters to attend to, you will be here more often than I will."
"Will do," Latnok answered.

"I, uh... what else can set her off?" Ilasi asked, flustered. "What if I make a move she doesn't like? What if someone else startles her? I don't feel comfortable with her on the ship... I... I don't know. Maybe it was just all bad luck. But what if it was just good luck that kept me alive this time? I... I don't know about her wing... I would need to make more... more medicine." The very thought of approaching Tyraika scared Ilasi after her recent near-death experience. She still had a job to do - but was now questioning whether she would be able to do it.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1781 Posted: 23:10:54 03/06/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade tased his paw to touch Tyraika shoulder but was heasitent. He then gently placed it on her shoulder. To his amazement her fur was actually quite soft considering her wild nature. “I-it’s best not to fight them. I’ve learned the hard way.” Shade said showing his collar.
---
SC
#1782 Posted: 23:37:48 03/06/2019
Tyraika stared Latnok down and was about to reply back, probably with something foolishly stubborn that she shouldn't say, when she felt something on her shoulder. She whirled her head around, yet saw it was Shade who touched her. Since it was him, she stopped herself from reacting aggressively. Tyraika listened quietly to his words. She stared at his collar for a moment and contemplated her options. Tyraika sighed. "I'm stuck here, aren't I?" she asked, quietly. "So what do you suggest? How do I get out of here in one piece? I'm not staying here, Shade. I still want to go home. How do I get them to just let me leave?"
---
#1783 Posted: 23:46:23 03/06/2019
After a while of deciding, Angora decided to talk to Neo first. She'd rather talk to Shepherd privately, and if Veris saw her talking with the lrb, he may start to ask question, and above all he cou,d tell Raclaw and him Latnok, and she wasn't in the mood to explain herself. Also, she didn't want to make Veris keep the secret.
"Neo, when can I start talking to Veris? I focus, I concentrate, but yet nothing. The same with the healing magic. When can I finally do these things on my own? I want to learn to talk to Veris before we go our separate ways, and also master the healing magic. It's something that can be so helpful. I can't wait so long. I know I said I was against magic, but since I have it, might as well use it if it's useful." Angora said in her mind, trying to contact Neo like she has in the past. He hadn't listened in a long time, but lately, he has responded to her, and she hoped this time was no exception. So far, the shield was her only success.

"I, uh... what else can set her off?" Ilasi asked, flustered. "What if I make a move she doesn't like? What if someone else startles her? I don't feel comfortable with her on the ship... I... I don't know. Maybe it was just all bad luck. But what if it was just good luck that kept me alive this time? I... I don't know about her wing... I would need to make more... more medicine." The very thought of approaching Tyraika scared Ilasi after her recent near-death experience. She still had a job to do - but was now questioning whether she would be able to do it.

"Calm down mi Ilasi. I know. I understand what you're going through. If you need a rest, you can stay here, or I can carry you to your cabin which is more comfortable. Listen, you're the best healer on the ship, and Kasidra's magic won't work with the kind of wound the dragon has. Angorita may try, but I don't think neither of them will want to be close to each other after what happened." Maverick said, correctly deducing the situation.
"Once you face the dragon, ask Oscurito for help. I've seen them bond quite nicely, and he seems to understand her. You can ask him to help you keep her calm." he then suggested, having witnessed them getting along very nicely. Raclaw could help too, but given his closeness with Latnok, Shade may be the best option.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:47:50 03/06/2019 by Felines
#1784 Posted: 23:50:24 03/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“As I said it was a one time deal Angora. I can’t always help you. I know you want to talk to him. Maybe try writing or something. Plus using my own powers take a lot out of me.” Neo said.

“All we can do is see how Ilasi is and follow what they say. That’s what we can do for now. I know you want to be alone but you’re injured and I can tell your wing does need medical attention.“ Shade said. “Tell my Tyraika why did you protect Raclaw?”
---
SC
#1785 Posted: 00:02:18 04/06/2019
Quote: Spyroconvexity
“As I said it was a one time deal Angora. I can’t always help you. I know you want to talk to him. Maybe try writing or something. Plus using my own powers take a lot out of me.” Neo said.

Angora was very disappointed by the answer.
"Writing!? How is that suppose to help me with such ability? I'm not expecting you to do things for me all the time, but at least help me get closer to the goal. What's the point in having magic if you can't even use it?" she complained, once again Neo not being very helpful. She was grateful for the times he helped, but she expected him to be more helpful in terms of pointing her the right way so she won't have to ask for his help when it came to magic.
---
#1786 Posted: 00:08:10 04/06/2019
Tyraika blew a puff of smoke. "So my life depends on my ability to follow orders and a mermaid who surely hates me now? Great. I'm doomed," she said, sarcastically. She groaned and shook her head gently. Tyraika sighed, "because he's a fellow dragon, a fur dragon no less." She paused. "I knew a fur dragon couple when I was young. I mean, I don't know if they're related or not, but the ones I knew, they... They were friends with my parents. They were like family, you know? I was taught that you take care of family, so... I had to keep him safe," she said, quietly.
---
#1787 Posted: 00:08:10 04/06/2019 | Topic Creator
”Fine one more time. But this time I want you to focus and try your best to communicate with him.” Neo said.
---
SC
#1788 Posted: 00:15:32 04/06/2019
Back somewhere deep underground, one Ishulgite was bringing Icestorm along for a tour of some of the more important areas. One particular cavern led to a room with a big, yellow, sludgy pool. Despite all of this, the place smelled rather pleasant, and the energy in the room made everything vibrant.
"This room is what we know as the chamber of creation," the Ishulgite explained. "There are many times which will call for force, or some other specialized function. To that end, Ishulgu has blessed us with creatures known as ishiuds. They are a means to an end - living creatures made to fit a specific purpose. As we adapt, so do they; we are ever-learning, and the knowledge we gains allows such creatures to be better adapted for the trials ahead. In addition to this, the pool allows those of us who, for some reason or another, need to be reshaped, to have such a thing happen to us."
The Ishulgite pointed forward, in a direction they had yet to move. "Up ahead, we keep many different lifeforms," he said. "It is knowledge of and data from these lifeforms which allow us to direct the formation of ishiuds serving various functions. The more data that are in our possession, the more capable we are of creating more effective, specialized ishiuds. These creatures are not limitless, however; we need biological material and power. The biological material is the easier part to acquire; the energy has various sources, ourselves being one. Every time we offer a prayer, the power we offer of ourselves goes to serve various functions - thus, our faith drives our success." The Ishulgite waited patiently for any questions.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1789 Posted: 00:29:05 04/06/2019
”Fine one more time. But this time I want you to focus and try your best to communicate with him.” Neo said.

"Wait, not right now! He's asleep! I... I just want to know how I can master this on my own. I'm not expecting you to do the magic for me all the time!" Amgora assured, believing there was a misunderstanding in her intentions. She wanted to talk to Veris and learn more about him, but she didn't want to be completely dependent of Neo in order to accomplish her objective.
---
#1790 Posted: 00:33:19 04/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“So you have to take those biological material from the surface I suppose? Kidnap them?” Icestorm said.

“It’ll take a lot more than that to get her to hate you Tyraika. She might me a little scared of you for now but give her time to regain that trust. Don’t give them a reason to collar you. Always be who you are. That’s what the hairy human Maverick and small troll Angora taught me.” Shade said with a smile. “That is exactly who we are looking for. That and my own kind.”

”like I said it takes focus and a little physic ability to communicate with dragons effectively. Especially ones that can’t speak or speak dragconic.” Neo said.
---
SC
#1791 Posted: 00:38:11 04/06/2019
"Why would you assume that?" the Ishulgite asked Icestorm. "Fish and vegetation are enough for the biological material. Like I said, the biological material is the easier part to get. What matters most is our prayers and faith."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1792 Posted: 00:52:56 04/06/2019
”like I said it takes focus and a little physic ability to communicate with dragons effectively. Especially ones that can’t speak or speak dragconic.” Neo said.

Angora was becoming desperate, but tried very hard to remain calm.
"I just... want to be usef... helpful, you know? Those Guardians make me feel like a load who doesn't deserve any empathy or respect. Maverick has his girlfriend, and I'm forbidden from talking to Shady. Veris is the only one I got. I don't need to prove myself to him. I can be myself without getting scolded or punished. I can talk to him normally and he won't get offended! Don't you see? Animals are the only ones who understand me. It was the same way with that behemoth! Maverick is the only human I could ever befriend, and he's not even completely human!" Angora vented, having bottled up that feeling for very long. Ilasi had been friendly with her lately, but she didn't think she considered her a friend, so Maverick was still the only humanoid Angora believed was truly her friend.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:47:56 04/06/2019 by Felines
#1793 Posted: 01:04:43 04/06/2019
Tyraika scoffed. "You sure about that?" She paused. "She almost died," she said, quietly. "There's no way the mermaid just forgets that or lets it go. If she doesn't hate me, then she's terrified of me. Doesn't matter either way, she'll avoid me like the plague regardless." Tyraika sighed. "Pretty sure I already did. They're at least threatening to collar me." She blinked and gave him a wide-eyed stare. "Be myself? Wasn't that part of the problem earlier? That seems to be the exact opposite of what they want."
---
#1794 Posted: 01:33:31 04/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“Oh. I didn’t know that’s all you needed.” Icestorm said.

”And you are. You helped Ilasi right?” Neo said.

“I’m being myself right now. I’m just respectful to a point to those humans.” Shade said. “Hehe I even played in the water before we came to your island. I may look scary and intimidating but once you get to know me I’m very friendly. That’s actually the main reason everyone avoids me because of my size and my past.”
---
SC
#1795 Posted: 01:53:57 04/06/2019
”And you are. You helped Ilasi right?” Neo said.”

"Because you helped me, but I can't expect you to do magic for me all our lives. I need to learn on my own, but I want to know how. I focus, I concentrate, but still nothing. Talking to animals, healing magic, all useful abilities. I probably have more, but for now, those are the only ones I want to learn." Angora pointed out, Neo already making her feel like she depended too much on him. If the magic was so exhausting to him, why couldn't he be more helpful in the teaching? As usual, Neo was either vague or cryptic in his responses. Writing wasn't exactly an option she was considering.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:17:05 04/06/2019 by Felines
#1796 Posted: 02:12:41 04/06/2019
The talk of food reminded Latnok that the crew's dinner had to be prepared. He deduced that Maverick would be watching over Ilasi, so left to start the cooking himself, after notifying Raclaw and Chester. Sere would watch over Tyraika as Latnok saw to the preparation of the crew's evening meal.

Veris gently began waking up from his nap. He gave a soft yawn before looking at Angora, who seemed to be preoccupied with... something. He could not discern what. Whatever it was, surely she could put it to the side for now. Bringing his head in, he gave Angora a quick lick.

"I... I would appreciate a chance to rest..." Ilasi admitted, still looking down. As much as she would like it, she was too embarrassed to ask Maverick to carry her to her room. "Maybe I just need a bit of time... I'm sure the others would understand. I... it'd be nice if maybe the dragon could be restrained somehow..."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1797 Posted: 02:17:05 04/06/2019
Tyraika blinked and tilted her head. "How does that work? That sounds like a contradiction. You can't be yourself and be controlled by humans at the same time," she said. The idea still didn't make any sense to her. An owned dragon isn't free to do anything, they're controlled. "You played in the water? How did you get away with that?" she asked. "Well, you're not scary or intimidating to me. You're really nice, actually," Tyraika commented.
---
#1798 Posted: 02:28:06 04/06/2019
Raclaw and Chester continued to relax on the deck-- the two appearing to have a brief conversation in what almost looked like barks on the Fur Dragon's part. The subject, to those who could understand it, was that of Tyraika and her similar appearance to that of the fur dragon species... or the very least Raclaw. Nether Raclaw nor Chester had actually seen another fur dragon after all. Elsewhere, Risar helped manage things on deck while also keeping an distance eye on the new dragon. The large minotaur hoped that they wouldn't end up having to collar her, but knew that ether Latnok or Sere would do so in a heartbeat if such an action proved to be necessary for the safety and welfare of the crew.
---
#1799 Posted: 02:30:25 04/06/2019
Maverick wasn't sure on what to think about the dragon being restrained, but he wasn't so against the idea if it meant Ilasi's safety. Still, he wanted the option to be avoided if possible, since Tyraika was a very wild animal, and having her restrained would worsen her behavior.
"Well, I think what you both need is a rest. Somebody else can take care of the dragon while you rest. Señor Raclaw and Oscurito can help you with her later. For now, just take the time to recover your energy." he suggested, softening her pillow again.
"Need something Ilasi? Some water? Milk? Perhaps a little lunch?" Maverick asked, feeling much relieved for having Ilasi up and fine. He didn't like the idea of leaving her alone, even if it was for just a little while, but he figured she must be hungry after an experience like that.

Veris gently began waking up from his nap. He gave a soft yawn before looking at Angora, who seemed to be preoccupied with... something. He could not discern what. Whatever it was, surely she could put it to the side for now. Bringing his head in, he gave Angora a quick lick.

Angora had been so distracted with her inner conversation that she didn't noticed Veris waking up, even less expected him to greet her with a lick. Since she wasn't prepared for the action, she was knocked back by his large tongue.
"So the sleeping beast is up now, huh? Are you trying to disintegrate me with so many licks?" Angora asked jokingly, cleaning the drool from her face. She was much more tolerable of licks than in the last, but she still wasn't very fond of them.

Now that Veris was up, Neo knew what to do. She couldn't wait to see the look on the wyvern's face when he sees she could understand him again. She despised the idea that the time would most likely be temporary again, but if Neo kept helping her, perhaps she could figure out what he was doing so she could do the same and use the ability on her own very soon.
---
#1800 Posted: 02:37:10 04/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“So where are we going now?” Icestorm asked as he looked around the room curiously.

”Look things like this take time and practice. It doesn’t just happen in minutes. Takes months or years of practice and consertation.” Neo said. ”I’ll try to teach you the best I can. I’ll do this once more for you.” Neo then started to channel more mental focus and soon Angora would be able to understand Veris once more.

“I’d beg the differ.” Shade said with a small chuckle. “I did as I was told and was allowed to play in the water near the ship.” Shade said. He then looked at Tyraika when she said he didn’t look scary. He smiled. “You know you’re the first person to say that in a very long time.” He then looked out back to the sea. The sun slightly shining off his scales a little.
---
SC
First | Previous | Page 36 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me