Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private)
First | Previous | Page 34 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 48 49 50
Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private) [CLOSED]
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8585
#1651 Posted: 02:24:14 28/05/2019
"T-thank you.," Raclaw gracefully said as he adjusted his collar. The Fur Dragon had been clearly trained in taking off/putting on what would normally be a strictly human-managed accessory. Other accessories were less accessible due to their placement, but his collar was his to keep as he saw fit. He looked at Shade and then the others before responding the Dragolet's inquiry. "I'll go with you. Latnok, Risar, Sere, Kasidra-- I'll see you back on the ship.," he then said confirming his decision and knowing that his wounds would make him less useful should they find themselves in another conflict. He hated leaving Latnok like that and didn't want to leave the fight, but knew that it would be for the best. He would allow Lazlur to lead the way walking in such a manner that, despite his attempts to hide it, showed that he was still experiencing some lingering pain.

Elsewhere, Chester would look at Dahlia inquisitively. "So.. what you do for fun? How do you pass the time rather?," the little Beagle asked thinking that perhaps another activity could serve to entertain *both* furry friends. Risar offered a nod as Raclaw proceeded to leave-- recognizing the fire that drove the Fur Dragon's fighting spirit. Raclaw had often been the first one to jump in combat, even if he wasn't the sturdiest member of the ship.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:36:36 28/05/2019 by redwes
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8609
#1652 Posted: 02:38:15 28/05/2019 | Topic Creator
“That beast was wicked. I’ve never fought something like that before. Good thing it’s dead.” Shade said trying not to move his back too much to avoid causing himself more pain.
---
SC
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9866
#1653 Posted: 03:02:14 28/05/2019
"You're welcome," Kasidra said to Raclaw. She hoped she had done enough to ease his pain at least, so that the fur dragon could make it back to the ship easily enough. She was certain that Ilasi could take care of him from there and most likely do a better job anyway.

When the captain said that they would continue on and that she would join them, she nodded. With Laszur heading back with the dragons, it would be up to her to lead them on the path now. Her blood sense was still active as well, which would help them to be aware of any more attacks. With what the tiefling heard Sere command Shade earlier, the plan was to find this stranger dragon that had shown up. It was a shame that neither of the dragons were able to go with them, they might have been helpful. Kasidra didn't remember finding any caves on the scouting mission, so they must have been off the path and well hidden. Perhaps her blood sense would help give them a general idea of where the dragon was and how to get into its lair.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:16:49 29/05/2019 by Cynder09
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1654 Posted: 20:44:07 28/05/2019
Kasidra was still available - as were the Guardians. Though they weren't there for the scouting mission, their tracking skills would also likely prove useful in the situation. "We'll try to find a trail in the meantime," Sere said. "Be on the lookout for scales - they might have flaked off as a result of the acid damage."
As ready as Latnok was to chop up the kill into usable bits, he would get back to that. For now, they had a dragon to follow.

Veris took the opportunity to play Angroa's game - catching the Angora-sized shield ball where he could, trying to bite at it, trying to track it down as it rolled and bounced around. Though he wished he could sink his teeth into something, this game was nevertheless fun. He was happily occupied for the moment.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1655 Posted: 22:53:34 28/05/2019
Angora was making sure to tire Veris out, wanting to provide him with the exercise and entertainment he so desperately needed. Not only would the game keep him active, she could test her shield at the same time. Sometimes Veris would catch her with his talons, but other times it would be with his jaws. Although she gave him the liberty to chew the magic sphere to his heart's delight, even with her inside, it was still scary seeing all those teeth biting down as if trying to crunch her. Fortunately, her special shield was as sturdy as ever, and Veris trying to bite down was like a human trying to chew a jawbreaker.

Quote: redwes
Elsewhere, Chester would look at Dahlia inquisitively. "So.. what you do for fun? How do you pass the time rather?," the little Beagle asked thinking that perhaps another activity could serve to entertain *both* furry friends. Risar offered a nod as Raclaw proceeded to leave-- recognizing the fire that drove the Fur Dragon's fighting spirit. Raclaw had often been the first one to jump in combat, even if he wasn't the sturdiest member of the ship.

Dahlia didn't know how to respond, still clueless about what to do with the ball, and unable to comprehend why such activity was fun. Maverick continued watching them, not noticing the injured party approaching...
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#1656 Posted: 00:11:15 29/05/2019
While no scales had been found, the group had instead found the occasional tuft of fur, which was either white or gold in color. The trail of fur seemed to lead towards the mountain. Kasidra looked in that direction. She could sense various blood signatures, but it was hard to tell exactly what anything was at a distance. The dragon was just out of her range. The tiefling would have to get closer in order to sense her.
---
#1657 Posted: 00:33:06 29/05/2019
Meanwhile-- Lazlur and company would eventually make their way back to the Enduring Legacy. Raclaw, although not completely pain-free, would be able to make it with little issue thanks to the blood magic of the tiefling Kasidra. "Raclaw?," Chester would bark inquisitively upon the sight of the approaching fur dragon. Raclaw would offer a slight smile upon the sight of his furry companion although his injuries would soon become obvious...
---
#1658 Posted: 00:36:55 29/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade followed shortly after. His injuries were noticeable if one were to look. His limping and slow walking was very noticeable. “Finally I can get some releafe from this pain.” He said as he gently leaned up against one of the masts. He used his wing to shield his back wounds.
---
SC
#1659 Posted: 01:45:16 29/05/2019
With the trail of fur, Latnok and Sere figured that they had some sort of a lead. No scales - but the trail seemed fresh. Was this, perhaps... another fur dragon? They would find out soon enough.

Angora's efforts were successful - though it took awhile, Veris eventually got back into a slouch as he stopped, satisfied for the time being. To him, the only thing that could make the moment better was some more food - but he would live without some for right now. He was thankful that Angora's shield was as sturdy as she claimed.

Back on the deck, Leoquin was on standby - keeping an eye on the sky, ready to move the ship in case he was given a signal from the captain. While watching, however, he couldn't help but notice the seeming play session between Chester and Maverick's pet. Leoquin decided to come over for a visit - perhaps taking a moment to check on the dog, at the very least, wouldn't hurt.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1660 Posted: 02:41:10 29/05/2019
Maverick finally noticed the approaching group, and saw who was injured.
"Oscurito? Wha…" Maverick began to say, running to him when he suddenly remembered that he was still forbidden from interacting with him. It was a very painful step for him, but he had no choice but to ignore Shade and leave him in the care of others. Maybe Ilasi could help. He would ask her later. For now, he focused on helping Raclaw.
"Are you alright señor Raclaw? What happened?" he asked, often glancing at Shade so that he wouldn't believe he was ignoring him on purpose.

Back at Veris' enclosure, Angora gave a wide, satisfactory smile, very happy that she managed to accomplish all of her objectives.
"Tired already? Well now, looks like we found the perfect exercise for you, didn't we boy? And my dear shield, wow, still the only magic I can get right." she said, getting rid of it and realizing how tired she was herself. Running was tiresome enough, but keeping the shield intact had been exhausting as well. However, she still had enough energy for one more chore.
"I'll be right back my friend. I think enough time has passed. I'll bring you a big, juicy lunch. You earned it." the little troll said with a belly rub, finding it pleasing to see Veris so satisfied.

Leaving him slouching, Angora left the enclosure with the bucket, taking only a few minutes to return with fresh water and various loins of pork just for Veris.
"Here we are Veris. Your favorite moment of the day. Now you'll be able to try your new bite." Angora stated happily, as always, getting out of the way immediately. Veris may be tired, but she had no doubts that he would forget his own exhaustion at the sight of food. Being with the wyvern and knowing she was doing something right, that she was helping out a friend so much, filled Angora with a happiness that was so rare lately.
---
#1661 Posted: 02:42:42 29/05/2019
The trail of fur eventually split from the main path, leading straight to the side of the mountain. At first glance, there was no obvious sign of anything out of the ordinary, just a mountain wall with foliage all around it. The plant-life covered a good portion of the bottom, going as high as at least a tall human, if not taller. There was a tuft of white fur in one of the bushes. If one inspected the bushes, they would see that hidden behind them was a cave entrance. The cave entrance was sizable enough for a human-sized creature to fit through, yet still small enough to be covered by the bushes.

Kasidra looked inside the cave and could sense the blood signature of a larger creature inside, larger than what she had sensed along the trail at least. It was the appropriate size for the dragon, so this cave must be its lair.
---
#1662 Posted: 03:08:01 29/05/2019
"Captain-- we have something. A tuft of fur.," Risar confirmed inspecting the white fur and the bush it rested in. As the minotaur moved some of the branches aside, what appeared to be an empty void could be seen behind it. "And there's more. A cave; a possible lair.," he then said said presenting the feather to the others and peering into the cave. He sniffed his air.. his minotaur nose picking up more than the average human. Something had been here.

MEANWHILE...
Quote:
"Are you alright señor Raclaw? What happened?" he asked, often glancing at Shade so that he wouldn't believe he was ignoring him on purpose.

"I'm-- I'm alright. That Chimera got me good, but Kasidra was able to stop the bleeding. The others are still out there tracking down what almost looked like another Fur Dragon, but.. but not quite.," Raclaw explained hoping that this new dragon wouldn't react too negatively to the others' presence. It had been obvious that she did not entirely approve of his being with them and that she had considered him a captive or prisoner. But what was she...?
---
#1663 Posted: 03:16:04 29/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade couldn’t bare the pain from his wounds and collapsed from it. The acid really did a number on him. He was still conscious but in a lot of pain.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:34:37 29/05/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#1664 Posted: 03:23:55 29/05/2019
"Shade!," Raclaw called out not being able to do much but get out of the way. And even though he was still conscious-- he started to wobble somewhat feeling some of the effects of the previous loss of blood. Part of his would would open up again and some blood could be seen coming from beneath his collar. Chester would make a panicked whining noise, only understandable to the still conscious Raclaw. "Don't worry.. I'll be alright.," Raclaw said trying to reassure the little Beagle.
---
#1665 Posted: 03:30:51 29/05/2019
Maverick rushed too, but didn't interacted with Shade. Instead he made sure Raclaw didn't get injured any further.
"Señor. Please take it easy. You're wounded yourself." Maverick said, gently letting him down to rest besides Shade. He then ran to get Ilasi, finding her quickly.

"Ilasi! Ilasi! They need you! Señor Raclaw and Oscurito are injured." he urged, sweating from the uneasiness. Their wounds didn't look very pretty, and he was afraid they could get infected or worse.
---
#1666 Posted: 15:45:45 29/05/2019
Ilasi immediately dropped her task of water purification at Maverick's urgent request. Upon arriving, she was able to immediately identify what Maverick was referring to; Raclaw and Shade were very injured, with Shade passing out.
Laszur came to Ilasi to offer some information. "Raclaw has a puncture wound by the collar area, fr a chimera's horn," he said. "Kasidra stopped the bleeding, but it'll likely need more attention. The Scourge has acid burns. Those will likely heal with time."
Ilasi nodded - as bad as Shade's burns might be, they wouldn't pose as much of a risk as a puncture wound, which had much more potential to get infected. She would see to Raclaw first, grabbing her satchel of medical supplies.

"Enter the lair," Sere ordered. He led the way himself, using light magic from his hand to illuminate the path forward.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1667 Posted: 16:56:16 29/05/2019
Raclaw allowed himself to lie his head down on the deck-- thankful that Laszur had the courtsy to explain on his behalf and feeling safe with the knowledge that Illasi would help him. Chester laid nearby, providing comfort to his injured friend and fellow companion. Elsewhere-- Risar followed Sere's lead preparing himself for anything.
---
#1668 Posted: 20:11:14 29/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade slowly lifted his head again. “I’m sorry Raclaw these burns are just very painful. You let Ilasi take care of you first. My injurys can wait.” He cringed in pain a little.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:35:03 29/05/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#1669 Posted: 20:14:32 29/05/2019
Maverick didn't like how much priority Raclaw was being given while Shade was being ignored, despite him assuring he was fine. An acid wound sounded serious. Shade was one sturdy dragon, yet he already fainted once and Laszur didn't want anything being done about it. However, he knew his opinion didn't count, so he remained quiet. As Raclaw was being attended, he noticed that Latnok, Sere and Kasidra were missing. How come they were still exploring the island after such a savage attack? But knowing the Guardians, Maverick knew they always had the urge to study everything instead of leaving things as they were.

Angora left the pork to Veris, watching him as he ate. But she didn't wait for him to finish. She had spend much time with Veris already, feeling and playing with him. It was time for her to leave him alone and think about spending some time with Maverick."Enjoy Veris. I'm leaving for a few hours. Want to spend some time with Maverick and also explore the island. Want to leave the ship for a while you know." Angora explained, opening the enclosure and locking it up immediately, leaving Veris alone and not waiting for him to respond or bid goodbye by licking her or something similar. She still didn't like such display of affection, even if ironically she spent a full half an hour inside his mouth. It was probably a waste of time though, since Veris barely used his teeth to eat, but it was alright, since that meant the cleaning was going to last much longer.
---
#1670 Posted: 23:41:14 29/05/2019
The cave entrance to the lair led straight into a tunnel, which would eventually split into two more tunnels. One tunnel sloped downward into a chamber below ground level. This chamber was where the dragon's hoard was. The chamber also led to another tunnel, which went further down still into another chamber, where a pool could be found. The pool itself led to an underwater exit. Back at the main tunnel, the other tunnel would slope upwards in a zigzag fashion, until it reached another chamber. This chamber was the sleeping chamber, which also had an aerial exit that led to the mountaintop.

Tyraika was laying down in her sleeping chamber, on her side, with her injured wing stretched out on top of her body. She wasn't asleep, actually still being conscious, despite the pain she was feeling. Normally, she would summon lightning to strike down into the chamber, to charge her with energy, and make the natural healing process go quicker. However, as she had already painfully discovered, the lightning only irritated the acid wounds and made them feel worse. So Tyraika calmed the storm and simply lay there in agony.

Kasidra could sense a blood signature up above them. "The upward tunnel," she said quietly. "That must be where the dragon is."
---
#1671 Posted: 01:57:59 30/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Suddenly there was a flash of light in the cave the group was heading into. Inside-- a pure white crystal grew from the ground and an image of Orion himself had soon appeared. “Young Tyraika I assume you know why I’m here? I am here to ask for your help in finding Crystal." he said calmly looking at Tyraika.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:58:23 30/05/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#1672 Posted: 02:01:35 30/05/2019
Sere and Latnok both drew weapons upon Kasidra's notification - Sere a halberd, Latnok his own ishiud spear. With the flash of light, they were ever wary, but undeterred. They would keep pushing forward.

After some application of medicine, Ilasi was satisfied with the treatment she had provided Raclaw. She took advantage of the collar to help secure a gauze which would hold some medicine in place to aid in the recovery. "Take it easy now, Raclaw," she urged. "I know Latnok is a warrior and all that, but... try not to get yourself hurt on his account. Oh, uh, I mean... just be careful. You know."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1673 Posted: 02:02:41 30/05/2019
Maverick remained near Ilasi, ready to help her with anything if she requested it. He would soon be busy though, since Angora appeared from the stairs after leaving Veris in his enclosure.
"Shady!?" she exclaimed, him being the first one she saw on deck, along with his wounds. She ran off to check on him, when Maverick picked her up in the middle of her running.
"Easy Angorita. He'll be fine. It's not as bad as it looks. Ilasi will attend him soon." Maverick assured, wanting Angora to avoid any contact with Shade to prevent more trouble for her. She didn't like leaving him, but realized what Maverick was doing. She remained by his side, ready to aid Ilasi too, though she suspected the mermaid wouldn't ask anything from her.
---
#1674 Posted: 02:08:24 30/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade looked at the two and simply noded. Indicating he was fine. In pain but fine.
---
SC
#1675 Posted: 02:08:43 30/05/2019
"Thank-you. I.. I'll be careful.," Raclaw said as Ilasi applied the final gauze. A part of him could tell that her relations with Maverick had perhaps influenced how she saw the beloved Guardian, but he wouldn't say anything on it. Meanwhile-- Risar withdrew his two greataxes as the others drew their weapons.
---
#1676 Posted: 02:17:44 30/05/2019
Tyraika closed her eyes at the flash of light, when she opened them again, she saw a crystal. Her eyes widened at the image of Orion. She slowly rolled over onto her stomach, with her injured wing outstretched on the floor. She raised her head slowly. "Great Galaxy Dragon?" she asked. Tyraika was a little surprised to see him here. She had heard about Orion from Crystal, but wasn't a member of his order herself. "You want me to find Crystal?" Tyraika shook her head gently. "I'm sorry, I don't think I can help you. I'm too wounded right now. Even if I wasn't, I don't know what to do. I can't fight those things on my own." She sighed and laid her head down. "Just go ask someone else," she muttered.
---
#1677 Posted: 02:22:03 30/05/2019
Angora saw Raclaw was injured too, but she only gave a nod to him instead of speaking. Part of her resented the fur dragon for being unable to influence and soften Latnok's heart enough to stop with the mistreatment. Just when she thought she could make another friend. But none of it mattered now. She still had a few goals in life to be thinking of such things.

Maverick gently put her hand on her shoulders after Shade assured them he would be okay, when he noticed something.
"Why are you so sticky Angora?" he asked, noticing immediately after the touch.
"Long story." she simply responded, not wantin to get into details.
"Oh, I get it..." Maverick said with a wink, assuming the stickiness was from Veris licking her too much. He was happy to know Angora was loved by someone other than him and Shade, though he wished the wyvern's master could see why his mount loved her so much, and Latnok too.
---
#1678 Posted: 02:23:26 30/05/2019
With Raclaw taken care of, Ilasi moved onto Shade, examining his wounds more thoroughly, nodding to herself as she did.
"Acid burns, indeed. We'll rinse the area out, then apply some ointment and cover it... somehow," she said - Ilasi wasn't quite sure how covering Shade's wound would work, but was certain she could figure something out. "Unfortunately, you are much too big for any sedative I have."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1679 Posted: 02:32:47 30/05/2019
Maverick regretted not having any medicine that could help. He was a traveling merchant, but medicine was not something he sold. All he had was a safe kit that contained a few antibiotics and bandages from the times he, Angora and Shade explored the world. It was then that something occurred to him.
"How about this Ilasi? It's not medicine or anything, but could it somehow work?" Maverick asked, taking from his hyperspace bag one of Alya's father's milk. A whole bottle of it. It was still fresh thanks to the magic of the bag, and Shade could use a tiny bit of his fire breath to warm it. The milk was relaxing and great to help someone sleep. It was not medicine, but maybe it could work together with Ilasi's sedative to help with the rest.

Angora wasn't certain Maverick knew what he was doing, but Ilasi was the expert in healing, so she was going to let her gave her opinion. But then, as she waited for the mermaid to respond, she remembered... she had healing magic. She used it once to cure Latnok. Could it... perhaps work? She hasn't used it in such a long time...
---
#1680 Posted: 04:19:27 30/05/2019 | Topic Creator
“Oh? is it because you think you’re weak?” He lowered his head to her eye level. “Listen child I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t important. Tell you what I’m going to give you some words of wisdom words only you and Crystal will know. Follow your path, the path to a brighter future is the path we all must walk together.” He craned his neck in a classic dragon form. “You’ll know what this means in time young one.” With that he flared out his wings and the crystal went dark. All that was left was a very clear crystal mass. (Actually extremely rare and valuable)
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:21:48 30/05/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#1681 Posted: 04:37:02 30/05/2019
Tyraika stayed quiet while Orion finished his little motivational speech. Once he was gone, she stared at the crystal that remained. She blew a puff of smoke. "Weak...?" she snarled. "Weaklings don't survive..." A spark of electricity crackled through her fur, but avoided her wings. With groans of pain, Tyraika slowly and steadily rose to her feet. She stumbled for a moment but planted her feet firmly, taking a moment to breathe heavily. "I'm not dead yet..." she growled in determination. Tyraika raised her head high and let out a roar as another spark crackled throughout her body, except for her wings. The dragon wasn't sure yet what Orion meant by his words of wisdom, but she knew she couldn't just give up on her friend, not while she was still alive.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:37:33 30/05/2019 by Cynder09
#1682 Posted: 13:14:59 30/05/2019
Ilasi took a look at the milk, but couldn't identify any particular medicinal or magical properties. "A glass of milk would do little to actually put someone to sleep for a more painful procedure, I'm afraid," she said. "And Shade is far too large for my sedatives - I would need a monstrous amount to get anything done on him."

Finally, Sere and company seemed to have reached the source of the light - the dragon from earlier. Sere and Latnok took the initiative on the approach, with weapons raised initially.
"Lower your weapons," Sere ordered the squad, and Latnok complied, keeping his spear in hand but in a relaxed position. With the dragon in no fighting condition, Sere figured it would be an opportune moment to talk.
"Greetings. We are travelers, and we have come a long way," Sere said. "We mean you no harm. We simply want to ask a few things, and potentially help you."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1683 Posted: 15:04:11 30/05/2019
Tyraika sniffed the air and picked up a familiar yet unwelcome scent. When she saw the source of the smell, she growled at the group. She took a few steps back from them and watched them warily. Even though they lowered their weapons, the dragon was still tense and suspicious. Electricity crackled through her fur. In her wounded state, Tyraika wanted to flee, but that option wasn't available to her at the moment. Her aerial escape was off limits due to her wing and the tunnel was blocked off by the trespassers. Fighting off the group that took down a chimera in her injured state was hardly optimal. Fortunately, they didn't seem to be looking for a fight, at least not immediately.

As much as Tyraika wasn't too interested in talking to them, she didn't see too many other viable options in her current state. Maybe if she indulged them long enough, they would just leave. However, she had never met a human before who could understand her draconic language. She wasn't sure how to communicate with them, but she figured she could at least try.

Tyraika blew a puff of smoke. "You sure have a funny way of showing it," she commented dryly. "You come barging into my home with weapons, to what? Make me one of your little pets? Is that your idea of helping? Well, sorry, not interested," she growled.
---
#1684 Posted: 15:13:01 30/05/2019
Maverick was disappointed about his inability to help. But then Angora stepped up.
"Wait. I have healing magic... well, I've never used it in somebody Shade's size, but... I can try." Angora said, with Maverick almost forgetting about that. He has never seen it in action, but Angora told him about it one time. He tried to help, but now it was her turn.

"If I may sir? Please?" Angora asked politely, to Laszur this time. Sere and Latnok weren't there, and she didn't know where Risar was, so Laszur was the only one there she could ask permission to be in contact with Shade.
---
#1685 Posted: 15:25:04 30/05/2019
Laszur gave Angora a long, blank stare at her brazen request. "If I didn't accept your previous excuses, what makes you think I'll accept them now?" he asked her rhetorically. "The Scourge will live. He can suck it up. We don't need your pampering interfering with his habilitation. The answer will be the same for any other excuse of yours." Laszur was certain by now that Angora would simply be looking for every single excuse she could to be with Shade, despite his own wishes and that of the captain.

Sere immediately realized what he was dealing with - a dragon who had long been secluded from society, if ever she was a part of it. She would naturally be more wary of the group - something they would have to keep in mind.
"We seek simple mutual benefit," Sere answered back carefully in Draconic.. "Our weapons are for our own protection - and you have clearly seen why we need them. You were protecting a fur dragon today - a good friend of ours. We seek leads on where his parents are. And we can help you - we have some effective medical treatment back on our ship. What say you?"
Despite the calm approach, Sere and Latnok did not drop their guard for a moment - the dragon may very well decide to turn on them, against all reason, if it felt threatened.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:37:17 30/05/2019 by A Guy
#1686 Posted: 15:56:48 30/05/2019
Risar lowered his axes-- not understanding and not interfering with the draconic being spoken. Latnok, if the cave wasn't too far from the Enduring Legacy, would be able to at least understand the language matching Raclaw.
---
#1687 Posted: 16:01:27 30/05/2019
Angora employed every strength she could muster to avoid losing it. Maverick, and now even Ilasi herself were her witnesses. She didn't ask to talk to Shade. She only wanted to heal him and then leave him be, but of course, as usual, her actions were misinterpreted. She even asked very politely, only to receive a rather rash response in return. Did she had to be polite but nobody else could give her the same courtesy?
"I'll be on my way then sir." Angora said with the same politeness, leaving the group without looking at anybody, not even Maverick. But he knew better. Angora looked calm, but the faun man knew she was boiling with anger deep inside. He didn't entirely blame her though. She only wanted to help. He could only remain silent and lower his head in sadness with how coldly Angora was still being treated, even when she was polite.
---
#1688 Posted: 16:03:57 30/05/2019
Tyraika was taken aback. The human actually understood her? Not only that, but he spoke draconic as well? How? There must be some mistake. Tyraika shook her head to shake off the confusion and shock to focus on his actual words. "The chimera wouldn't have attacked you if you weren't here," she stated. "It was simply looking for a territory to claim, you just happened to be in the wrong place. Those dragons wouldn't have gotten hurt by it if you weren't here. I don't like seeing other dragons suffer, especially not a fur dragon." Tyraika paused. She wondered if she had said too much already. "His parents?" she asked quietly. "Why?" she asked suspiciously. "How do I know I won't be locked in a cage the moment I set foot on your ship?" Tyraika snarled.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:07:18 30/05/2019 by Cynder09
#1689 Posted: 16:17:22 30/05/2019
Though he had some patience, Sere could only offer the carrot so much before being forced to brandish the stick if someone refused. "Tell me, do you really think I couldn't just have you dragged off right now by force if I wished? You are a badly wounded dragon; we are highly experienced warriors, and I have in my possession right now a device which would leave you 'captured' and at our mercy - I wouldn't waste time and effort talking.
"But that's not what we're here for. Our dragon friend has not seen his parents, and we are looking to change that. We can help you - heal you. We just need you to help us with any potential leads. We have not been on this archipelago for long. If you do not wish to work with us, we will just leave you here - but you would have to deal with a potential wound infection, or your wounds not healing right, or maybe a third attack on the island this morning."
Though Sere was more blunt than he would've liked to be, he was hoping that it would at least allow the wild dragon to see reason.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1690 Posted: 16:51:02 30/05/2019
Maverick looked at Ilasi with a depressed face.
"Take care of Oscurito Ilasi. I'll be right back." he said, going after Angora. He found her in their cabin after a few minutes, hugging a half burnt pillow. Her magic?

Angora knew he was there, but she didn't want to talk to him. Maverick didn't leave her a choice.
"You did well Angorita. You were polite and respectful. He just has issues. You did nothing wrong." Maverick assured her, when she turned around, showing him a pair of moist, swollen eyes.
"He couldn't say a simply no, or permission denied. No! That wasn't enough for him! He had to say all those horrible things too, sure, because I'll never be nothing but a selfish, horrible little monster who makes nothing but excuses and always has hidden agendas behind every action! What's the point Maverick!? What's the point of being polite and always wanting to be good when the whole world can't give you at least some little courtesy and decency to treat you the same? I dissapoint him! I dissapoint the Guardians! What else do they want from me!? What else can I do to stop all they cold treatment? If it had been Latnok, I'd probably be in the brig by now!" Angora vented hardly, with tears big and numerous.

Maverick hadn't seen her this way in a long time. He couldn't help but to cry alongside her and gave her a hug, even though touching her stung from the surge of magic coming from her.
"As long as there's one person like me who always believes in you, who sees the good in you, you won't have to be alone in this ordeal Angorita. No te preocupes. This won't be forever. Let Laszur and the Guardians continue being blind to your heart. It's their loss. I've seen enough, and I thank the heavens for letting me meet a creature as unique and wonderful as you are." Maverick said, stopping the painful magic surge. Angora was still sad and angry, but Maverick made her feel so much better. She was also thankful to have met someone like him.
---
#1691 Posted: 17:06:37 30/05/2019
Tyraika was quiet while she contemplated everything. She stared at Sere with an intense glare, teeth bared, electricity crackling throughout her body. She hated this. She despised this entire idea of helping these people and receiving help from them. What's worse, she hated that he was right. While Tyraika strongly would have preferred to scorch the captain where he stood until he was nothing more than a pile of ashes, she knew such an attempt wouldn't lead to a favorable outcome for her. Even though he admitted that he technically could capture her, something Tyraika really wanted to scorch him for, he hadn't actually made a move to do so yet. That fact didn't do much to ease the dragon's nerves any, instead making her more wary, but she knew that these people weren't the typical pirates that she could fight off without much effort.

Tyraika growled and blew a puff of smoke. "Fine," she huffed. "Just don't get any ideas about using those devices. I'm nobodies pet," she warned. Tyraika paused. She still hated this and didn't want to risk getting other dragons captured. "I knew a fur dragon couple when I was young, though I don't know if they still live in the area or not."
---
#1692 Posted: 20:32:51 30/05/2019
With Tyraika's agreement, Sere and Latnok put away their weapons. "Excellent - you can tell our dragon friend all about it, then," Sere answered. "And as for you - as long as you don't pose a threat to us, we won't have any need to restrain you. We will treat your wounds as soon as we return to the ship. Can you walk, or do you need us to carry you?" Seeing Tyraika's wing, Sere assumed that flying would be out of the picture.

Ilasi soaked a clean rag in a compound from her satchel, as she prepared to treat Shade's wound. "This is going to sting. A lot..." she warned Shade. "But this is to remove any potential remnants of the acid." Ilasi was honestly terrified of administering the treatment herself; she didn't know how Shade would react, and figured that a more dangerous reaction might cause Laszur to act - as well as possibly being a danger to her.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1693 Posted: 20:40:31 30/05/2019
Risar, seeing the others do the same, put away his weapons-- pleased that they seemingly made peace or at least compromise with the new dragon. He wondered what Raclaw would think of the newcomer should they end up coming along. Elsewhere, Raclaw reensured Chester that he was alright and pondered what fate would come of the mysterious dragon that had protected him.
---
#1694 Posted: 21:14:43 30/05/2019 | Topic Creator
“It can’t be any worse than the pain I’m in right now.” Shade said as he prepared himself for the stinging.
---
SC
#1695 Posted: 00:30:05 31/05/2019
Tyraika snarled. "As long as you don't pose a threat to me, I won't have to defend myself," she warned. She growled. "Don't touch me, I can still walk just fine. I'm wounded, not helpless." She blew a puff of smoke. The dragon may have been injured, but she still had some fight left in her. Tyraika steadily took a couple steps towards them and grunted from the pain. Despite agreeing to go with them, she still watched them warily and refused to get too close.

Kasidra noticed the others put away their weapons and relaxed somewhat. At least the dragon wasn't an immediate threat, and hopefully wouldn't cause any problems. Although, she still didn't really trust this dragon. It still seemed a bit hostile towards them, even though it seemingly agreed to at least be peaceful. The tiefling really had no idea what was said, as she didn't understand draconic. Although, she could guess that the captain made some sort of deal with the creature. Kasidra just hoped that was enough to keep it under control, so that its wing could be treated.
---
#1696 Posted: 02:25:44 31/05/2019
After consoling Angora, Maverick suggested numerous activities they could do today. While nothing would give her greater pleasure, there was something that was making her uneasy.
"I don't think Ilasi would like that too much." she pointed out, having noticed how possessive Ilasi could get with Maverick. Regardless on how well their last conversation went, she doubted that meant the mermaid would be more open and sharing to her.
"Ilasi will be busy for a little while. Besides, I already spent these last days with her and barely any with you. Come on. She knows how united we are. There's no need for her to get jealous." Maverick assured, having also noticed how easily jealous Ilasi was, though that mostly involved other humanoid woman. He didn't know how exactly did she feel about Angora, but was hoping that after that sussessful last talk with Angora, she would be more open to her.

Leaving the cabin to plan their next activity, Maverick remembered something.
"I see you've been spending plenty of time with Veris. Licked you much?" he said with a chuckle, knowing how much Angora despised that display of affection.
"That's good though. That just further shows your heart. El capitán may dislike you, but his mount adores you. But of course, animals, even the ones as powerful and intimidating as dragons, can sense somebody's goodness far better than any human." Maverick assured, having been around animals long enough to know they were selective with the people they liked. Angora nodded, his comment making her feel better, even though she still believed most of Veris' love was due to the provided food. She decided not to let Maverick know the real reason why she was all drooled though. She knew fully well Veris could've instinctively swallowed at any moment during the cleaning, and if Maverick found out, he would be against the idea of Angora spending time with the wyvern. Regardless of the circumstances, she knew how lucky she was that Veris loved her enough to surpress such strong instinct.
---
#1697 Posted: 20:51:15 31/05/2019
Eventually, it would be some time in the afternoon, when Sere and the rest of the party returned to the Enduring Legacy. Tyraika, despite her injuries, was managing the trip. Though Latnok had some general sense of meaning as Tyraika and Sere spoke in Draconic, he couldn't decipher anything specific - not until they had returned to the ship, and Sere began speaking with Tyraika once again.
"Here we are. We will need to find the mermaid Ilasi," he said. "She has also presumably treated the other two dragons who were in the engagement. Try not to start any fights while you're here."
Latnok suddenly realized what was happening - their speech was information Raclaw could decipher, and thus he was able to while being in close connection. Latnok couldn't immediately spot Ilasi - but he was in touch with Raclaw, who would probably know where she was. "Raclaw! We're back. Where is Ilasi?" Latnok telepathed to his fur dragon friend - being able to use their mental link to specifically telepath him despite not knowing his location.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1698 Posted: 21:08:34 31/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade was trying to rest as much as possible. He then caught the sent of something familiar again. He then slowly lifted his head and looked only to see another dragon. “So it was you who I was smelling.” He wanted to get up but decided not to as he didn’t want to hurt himself more.
---
SC
#1699 Posted: 21:16:41 31/05/2019
Angora and Maverick we're looking at the island together to watch the afternoon sun hide beneath the foliage. Ilasi had retired to her cabin after a long day of healing the two injured dragons, so her boyfriend decided to let her rest for a while, promising to meet her later. He and the troll were watching the horizon when they saw the scouting party returning... along with a new addition.
"What the hey? Another fur dragon!?" Angora exclaimed, after seeing the injured creature. One of Raclaw's parents? Have the mission been successful? Upon closer inspection, Maverick could see the creature was quite different from Raclaw.
"No... I don't think is another fur dragon. Resembles one quite remarkably though. Must be what some call a subspecies." Maverick deduced with fascination, finding this creature beautiful and amazing. Angora however, wasn't amused.
"Oh goodie, another dragon. If this keeps up, they'll be more dragons than people on this ship." she said sarcastically, not liking the idea of another beast on the ship, though with some luck, it wasn't hostile. Couldn't be if the Guardians were taking it to the ship to be cured. The creature wasn't restrained, so it had to mean it was coming on it's own free will. She was shocked however how the Guardians were taking them. One would think they would hunt it down like they usually did with unknown creature.
"Be nice Angorita. That creature needs help. Seems like señor Latnok and el capitán are going to aid it." Maverick said with a smile, feeling happy that they were going to heal a strange and potentially dangerous animal instead of harming it. Maybe they did have empathy once in a while after all.
---
#1700 Posted: 21:28:31 31/05/2019
Raclaw and Chester had been relaxing in what had effectively become a shared cabin between them and Latnok-- the fur dragon having decided to take it easy and playing a simple ball rolling game with Chester. "Did you have any toys when you were younger?," Chester asked curious about the subject. "Well-- I had a couple balls, some chew toys, and.. and a frisbee. Have you ever played with a freebee? You should try it sometime...," the larger Raclaw said he soon received an urgent telepathic communication from Latnok. "Latnok-- welcome back!," Raclaw telepathically greeted. "Ilasi should be in her cabin resting. Don't worry, she took good care of me. I'll go get her and bring her up to you!," he then said allowing Chester to place their ball into the stash and opening the cabin door to allow Chester to follow. He would reach Ilasi's door soon enough and gently knock awaiting a response. Meanwhile-- Risar would keep an eye on Tyraika, but wouldn't get too close. It was curious how 'like but not alike' she was to the Fur Dragon species.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:28:54 31/05/2019 by redwes
First | Previous | Page 34 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me