Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private)
First | Previous | Page 33 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 48 49 50
Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private) [CLOSED]
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8630
#1601 Posted: 02:03:58 25/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade saw Raclaw breathing fire at the beast and used his own blue fire at the beast but held it back to avoid severe damage to the forest.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:17:39 25/05/2019 by Spyroconvexity
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1602 Posted: 02:13:09 25/05/2019
Quote: A Guy
Veris raised himself only slightly, giving a very small motion - wishing to give Angora an answer, but being unable to face her in order to do so, with the troll still on his head. Instead, he settled for a contented grunt. He wondered how his human would feel about Angora staying around - but there were always the penhands back at base, so he doubted that Sere would be particularly interested in keeping Angora around.

"I'll take that as a yes." Angora said comically, imagining she put Veris in an uncomfortable position yet again. She suspected why. But now she had a more pressing matter at hand.

"Listen, I think I had enough lazy time for one day. I'll go get you something delicious from the kitchen. That steak wasn't enough I know. So let's fill that big belly of yours, shall we? Just wait here, it won't take me long. And afterwards... I don't know, you already had your flight. Maybe we could play a game? Maverick has some toys that you may like, or you can always use my shield. We'll think of something." Angora said very kindly, sliding from his head onto his snout, and jumping to the floor from there. She was opening the enclosure door, but was waiting for Veris to give her a response and deduce what his own idea would be, giving him a small smile as she waited...
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1603 Posted: 02:32:18 25/05/2019
Veris had little way of communicating exactly what he wanted, not being successful with his last attempt to do so with Angora in regards to playing. Instead, he simply rolled around, doing a complete flip from his belly to his back and returning to the upright position. He hoped that would capture a more playful mood, though he was uncertain.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1604 Posted: 02:59:36 25/05/2019
Angora shook her head at the cute display, feeling so bad for not being able to understand Veris but deeply appreciating his attempt.
"One of these days Veris, I'll be able to understand you, and we'll finally leave all the uncertainties behind." Angora assured, having one solid goal in life. Neo already assured her she had the ability, she only needed to somehow practice it and unleash it, and who knows? Maybe Veris won't be the only one she understands. Talking with animals, or at least dangerous creatures would clearly be a useful ability in life.

The troll closed the enclosure shortly after the comment, heading out... but the kitchen wasn't where she was heading. She headed to her cabin first, and once she made sure there was nobody in the hallways nearby, she put a blanket over her head and grabbed the orb.
"Ok Mr. Shepherd. You didn't answer me the last time, but I'm certain you can still hear me. What if... what if I say I accept your offer? What then? How will I reach you again? I... I do want a world where I can be accepted and treated well, where I can screw up words without malice and not be attacked for it. But... what will happen to my friends afterwards? Maverick... he has a girlfriend now and I don't want to interfere with that. And Shady... I don't want him to live in eternal servitude in Aelinon, or the constant risk of execution. If only his mother could take him away and end all of this situation..." Angora said with some wishful thinking before continuing with much difficulty.

"I just... want my friends to be happy. And... I want to be happy too, but not if it cost them their own. I... I'm certain I can manage without them. I can... be happy other ways, but, I just want all of this pain to stop. I was put on the brig yesterday not not using certain words correctly, and I can't take it anymore! I don't want to feel this way! No more! I don't want to be constantly hated and punished for every little thing! Maverick has his girlfriend and I can't talk with Shady. Veris... an animal I can't even understand, is the only one on this ship I can count on, the only only one I can interact with that help me ease up this pain..." Angora said with some very heavy tears, sounding like a child in desperate need for comfort. She wanted to be happy at last... but she didn't want to be selfish either. She didn't want her happiness to come at the expense of others, especially her friends.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:03:01 25/05/2019 by Felines
#1605 Posted: 18:38:55 25/05/2019
The orb glowed once again, in response to Angora's earnest requests. "You have doubts. But rest assured, the world we will create will remove any and all of these concerns. Everyone will have perfect understanding of each other; everyone will have the same desire to see our society as a whole prosper. You will never have to be alone again.
"Even now, we all have a deeply ingrained connection; one that allows us to get along with our brothers and sisters without any conflict. Eventually, everyone will know such peace and understanding - even those who would not normally be capable of such things. You will have your opportunity to meet us again; when you do, it will be readily apparent. When we next meet, we pray that you will be ready to make the right decision."
The orb went dormant once more, for now.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1606 Posted: 19:18:36 25/05/2019
The fact that Shepherd answered really improved Angora's mood. She still believed that changing the entire world was an ambition too big to pull off, but they could do a little bit, it's be enough. And thinking that she had one friend in the world besides Shade and Maverick was enough for Angora to remain optimistic and still hold on to hope.

It was something to look forward to, but for now, it was time to get back to reality. She knew Shepherd would contact her again when the time is right, but right now, she had some responsibilities. Feeling happy, Angora went to the kitchen and picked several pieces of ham, sausage and venison, putting them on a giant tray and carrying them all the way to Veris' enclosure.
"Here we are. Your favorite time of the day. Eat up." Angora greeted, putting the tray on the floor and as routinely, she got out of the way immediately, knowing Veris was only dangerous to her when it was meal time.
---
#1607 Posted: 01:19:18 26/05/2019
Angora was wise to be cautious - for Veris immediately slammed his snout into the tray, and though he took care not to eat the tray, the food on it was gone within moments. Veris contentedly licked his snout, before slouching back onto the floor. "Thank you," he attempted to communicate through his various wyvern noises.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1608 Posted: 01:49:58 26/05/2019
"You're welcome." Angora responded, not understanding Veris' words but knowing what he said nevertheless. She knew him well enough to know some of his mannerism. She took away the tray, finding it a miracle he hadn't eaten it as well. Angora then left the enclosure for a little while to get some water for Veris, leaving the tray where it belonged and returning mere minutes later.

"Ok Veris. Drink up. We still have some time to burn. I promised you we'll play a game, or do anything you want, so we can do it right now, or I can leave you to rest for a while if you desire. But first..." Angora started to say, taking a brush from one of the interior pockets.

It took her a few seconds to speak again, but she was finally ready.
"I owe you something, don't I? Let's hope we don't have any more setbacks. Just remember, I'm no dessert." Angora joked, being in such a good mood after that talk with Shepherd that she was willing to do the task she was so skeptical about before. It still made her nervous approaching Veris in such a way, but she wanted him to experience the contentment of having fangs cleaned and the great eating improvement that came with it. She also wanted to demonstrate how much she trusted him. She didn't even care if Sere noticed this risky initiative,Angora willing to do it for both Veris and herself rather than the old, cranky Guardian.
---
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9866
#1609 Posted: 03:48:57 26/05/2019
The chimera countered the fire breath with its acid breath. It followed after Raclaw, easily being distracted by the fur dragon. It charged at him and tried to gore him with its horns. While distracted, it wasn't paying much attention to the others, making it an easy target for the soap. When the soap hit the chimera, it cried out as its acid form seemed to be deactivated. The beast returned to its original state with a vengeful roar. In a frenzy, it lunged for Raclaw. It tried to gore him once more, while clawing, and biting with its lion head.

Its dragon head reared back, acid dripping from its open maw. As it prepared a breath attack against the fur dragon, a flash of lightning moved horizontally from the bushes and got between the chimera and Raclaw. It was Tyraika, using her body to shield him from the attack. The acid hit her wing instead, eating through it and causing holes in the membrane. She groaned in pain but endured it. She aimed her fire breath at the beast, but it countered with acid before pouncing on her.

The two creatures engaged in a fierce battle of claws and teeth, with the chimera quickly pinning the injured dragon. It focused its attacks on her already injured wing, increasing the damage, the clawing and biting causing the membrane to tear more. Tyraika cried out in pain. She coated her body in electricity, sending it shooting out at the chimera. The beast cried out and backed off of her. She got up before it could pounce again and backed away to put distance between it and herself. Tyraika moved closer to Raclaw and stood between him and the beast. She roared at the chimera, but still grunted from pain, due to her wing.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
#1610 Posted: 03:58:20 26/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Suddenly shade came from the side and attempted to use his horns to bash away the chimera against some trees. He would then follow up with a close range fire breath attack.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:06:29 26/05/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#1611 Posted: 04:33:05 26/05/2019
Veris remembered Angora's offer - and was more than interested in how a good tooth brushing would make the experience of eating better. Relaxing completely, he gave a brief yawn - keeping his mouth open when he was done. He would have to be careful not to swallow - Angora would be placing a lot of trust in him, and the last thing he wanted to do was eat her and violate that trust.

With the chimera weakened, Latnok grabbed the spear on his back - if the chimera wanted close quarters combat, he would be more than happy to oblige. He didn't know why the stranger dragon was being protective of Raclaw - but he didn't care right now. She was useful enough in that regard. Latnok stood, spear at the ready, waiting for another lunge.
Sere, in the meanwhile, was satisfied with his current position - he shot a bright flashing beam of light, aimed at the chimera's eyes in an attempt to blind it.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1612 Posted: 05:15:01 26/05/2019
At the main deck, Maverick had been studying the sky, hoping that he could find something that could give him an idea in what part of the world they were, but the area was so remote and the clouds so dense that pinpointing a location was impossible. Ilasi was doing her usual job of purifying water and Angora was also away in a task, so Maverick decided to kill some time by mopping the deck, waiting for the little troll to appear so that they could do something together. He has done many things with Ilasi lately, so it was his little friend's turn. Since she and his girlfriend talked so well the other day, he doubted Ilasi would mind if he spent some time with his Angorita.

Veris remembered Angora's offer - and was more than interested in how a good tooth brushing would make the experience of eating better. Relaxing completely, he gave a brief yawn - keeping his mouth open when he was done. He would have to be careful not to swallow - Angora would be placing a lot of trust in him, and the last thing he wanted to do was eat her and violate that trust.

Angora began with the outside, with everything going smoothly. Veris had a strong breath, but Angora avoided putting her hand on her nose to avoid offending him. His teeth were surprisingly easy to clean, given the convenient position of his fangs and the fact that he barely used them when it came to food. He was so gluttonous, he almost never chewed, or so it seemed, only resorting to such a thing when the food was too big or plenty of them like the poor raptors.

The outside took mere minutes to clean, but now came the hardest part. Angora couldn't reach his pointy molars from there, so she had no other choice but to enter his mouth, lifting her legs to avoid being impaled by the front lower teeth.
"Now now Veris, just... relax. If you get tired of keeping your mouth open, you... can close it for a little while. Just... you know..." Angora said with some stammering, keeping a normal voice but unable to control her trembling. She trusted Veris, but what she didn't trust was his instincts and reflexes. She wanted to do this quick, but didn't want to do a sloppy job either, so she made sure to use the brush softly and slowly, almost like a massage. This was probably the most ultimate sign of trust you could show to a dragon, and maybe almost every animal. She could only imagine how stupid and crazy Shepherd must've think she was, but even if this was a risky task, Angora didn't care. She has been taking risks her entire life, and this occasion was no different.
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8605
#1613 Posted: 19:40:27 26/05/2019
As the Chimara tried to gore him and soon followed up with acid-- Raclaw was surprised when someone else instead took the blow. "Who.. who are you?," he tried to say when he could suddenly feel the effects of the Chimara's attempt. The initial acid-- although foreseen due to his shared senses with Latnok --had not been completely avoidable and had began to eat though part of his left ear, much of his chin hair, and his upper neck. The gores were partly successful with one of the creature's horns getting briefly stuck under his collar and causing considerable damage to the already partly burnt fur beneath. The fur dragon had purposely tried to serve as a distract and to that regard... he was very successful. And before he could even try to do something more; that same dragon was now seemingly defending him. Raclaw grunted in his own pain, although he tried not to show it. The gore would beneath the collar was more serious than he had thought, but any major bleeding was being mostly stopped by the tight grip the collar provided on the wound.

Risar, meanwhile, was standing side-by-side with Latnok and was prepared attack at the earliest opportunity. If the creature could be blinded-- then perhaps they would have a chance. Elsewhere, Chester had stuck with Maverick accepting any attention or just watching when the hybrid was otherwise engaged. The little guy could've perhaps been someone to talk to, had it not been for the natural language barrier that few could suppress.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#1614 Posted: 20:56:25 26/05/2019
While Maverick was mopping the deck, he noticed Chester remaining close to him.
"You feel lonely, don't you boy? I'm sure señor Raclaw will return soon. In the meantime, I can play with you. And you can play with Angorita too. She may look and act rough, but she's really a sweetheart." Maverick assured, putting the mop aside and picking up Chester, sitting on the floor and putting him on his lap. He already had Dahlia, but maybe if Ilasi wanted, they could have another pet, preferably a dog.
---
#1615 Posted: 21:24:02 26/05/2019
Chester happily accepted the attention-- almost licking Maverick in the face. Besides his beloved Raclaw and Latnok, Maverick had to be one of his favorite people aboard. There were Leoquin and Risar as well, but only the Hybrid offered to play with him. There was Dahlia too whom could better understand him. However, the Dirt Buffalo was usually stabled and didn't have the same free reign that he had as a dog. The little dog offered an excited bark communicating the only way he knew how.
---
#1616 Posted: 21:36:08 26/05/2019
Veris relaxed as much as he could, trying not to think too much. As ANgora moved around in his mouth, he resisted every instinct to swallow - partly helped by the tooth cleaning being particularly pleasant. Despite Angora's offer, Veris didn't close his mouth; the last thing he wanted was for some form of accident to happen.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1617 Posted: 21:54:33 26/05/2019
Angora continued with the cleaning, only slightly calmer than before. Veris' breathing and his refusal to close his mouth just indicated to her that he was trying very hard not to harm her, and while it was a touching thing of his part, she was realizing how uncomfortable he must be feeling.
"I'm almost done Veris. Don't worry. Just relax. You'll see this will all be worth it." Angora said soothingly, not wanting Veris to feel uncomfortable. This was suppose to be like a massage, not added stress. To avoid further risks, Angora tried not to step on his tongue too much, since that could trigger his swallowing reflex. She wanted to finish as quickly as possible, but the back teeth were slightly harder to clean than the front. Despite wanting to do a complete job, she was ready to stop if Veris couldn't take it anymore.

Quote: redwes
Chester happily accepted the attention-- almost licking Maverick in the face. Besides his beloved Raclaw and Latnok, Maverick had to be one of his favorite people aboard. There were Leoquin and Risar as well, but only the Hybrid offered to play with him. There was Dahlia too whom could better understand him. However, the Dirt Buffalo was usually stabled and didn't have the same free reign that he had as a dog. The little dog offered an excited bark communicating the only way he knew how.

As Maverick continued petting him, not realizing what Chester tried to do. Unlike Angora, he didn't mind affectionate licks.
"You know, been thinking of apologizing to el capitán for what I said earlier. Looking back, and it did looked like I was questioning him, didn't I? That island is just too scary. Made me do something as awful as questioning a wise military man such as himself, even though it wasn't my intention. What do you think Chester? Maybe I should apologize..." Maverick contemplated, understanding Sere's frustration back then, even though he still believed he overdid it with the hostility. His disappointment was understandable, but he didn't need to react so roughly, did he? Maverick tried not to think on how offended he was then, attributing Sere's hard response to his overwhelming stress.
---
#1618 Posted: 00:22:27 27/05/2019
Chester looked up at Maverick and offered a series of sympathetic sounding whines followed by an confirmative sounding bark. The little dog could sense the conflicted emotions going through both Maverick and Angora at times-- and wanted everyone to get along. Mav being on better terms with the captain meant possible future relations involving them and Latnok and so on. He also knew that Raclaw wanted this as well or at least when it came to Latnok and Angora. Of course... that was becoming less and less of a possibility despite their previous attempts.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:23:23 27/05/2019 by redwes
#1619 Posted: 00:48:42 27/05/2019
Moving through the depths, Crystal would eventually be brought in to a highly expansive floor. All around the room, one would notice one thing in particular - there were many highly exotic creatures, being restrained by some means or other, whether it be chains or some form of magic. Various ishiuds, as well as the Ishulgites themselves, patrolled the room, and the anguished cries of the many creatures strewn throughout the room could be heard.
With the soldiers bringing in Crystal, they would, after moving her for a while, present her to one person - the insectoid man known as Cernentium. Present with him was a mastermind.
"Greetings, thunderbird," Cernentium sneered. "I do not know for what reason, but you have chosen to interfere with our efforts to create a better world. Wherefore would you do such a thing? Are you simply misguided? Or... is it something else? Loyalty to an old god?" As Cernentium spoke, the mastermind began to focus on Crystal's thoughts - seeing what it could pry out.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1620 Posted: 00:59:26 27/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Crystals mind was strong even against a mastermind. One can tell she has had much training on mind prying. The mastermind would only see blackness in her mind. “You’re not going to get anything from me! I was only protecting those who you attack! You destroyed part of my friends home!” She then started to struggle more until she partially ripped the webbings holding her. Being poisoned and restricted she still had a lot of fight in her. She would fight to her own death if needed.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:00:27 27/05/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#1621 Posted: 00:59:54 27/05/2019
Seeing that the others were focused on the chimera, Tyraika turned towards Raclaw. "This is no time for introductions, but you can call me an ally. Can you move? Now's our chance to escape, while they're distracted." Although it was hardly an ideal situation, her plan to free the other dragons could still work, if she could just sneak them away without the people noticing.

The chimera saw Shade coming and managed to fly up high enough to dodge his horns. However, it didn't get enough range to completely dodge the fire breath, so it suffered some burn damage to its belly and chest. The dragon head breathed out acid on the group, while the beast swooped down towards them to attack at close range. However, before it could pick out an exact target and get close enough to strike, a beam of light flashed and blinded the beast. It roared and aimed an acid breath all around in a frenzy.

Kasidra dodged the acid and clenched a fist to restrict the chimera's blood. She forced the dragon head to close its mouth and stop breathing acid. She brought the beast back down to the ground and held it in place. Constricting it this much for this long took a lot of focus, but she hoped that the others could finish it off while it was disabled.
---
#1622 Posted: 01:15:31 27/05/2019
Cernentium gave Crystal a rather annoyed look. "Now, now don't play dumb with us," he said. "Did you really think we were unaware of your attempts to spy on us? Do you underestimate our capabilities? I would like to give you the chance to drop this foolish behavior, and join the rest of us in creating a world truly fit for all of us - with a god who actually serves us, instead of demanding worship. In order to do that, however, there can be no secrets - and if you would hide secrets from us in that head of yours, then it is clear that there is something there you believe it would be an advantage to us to know, that you would not want us to."
Cernentium pounded his staff on the ground again, as the ishiuds and Ishulgites gathered around him. "As much as I hate to use force to bring dissenters to accept us... your desire to oppose us means that we cannot just let you go. And if we cannot let you go... well, we might as well bring you to a position which will allow us to release you, don't you think?"
As Cernentium spoke, Ishulgites began coming in with many sandbags. Among them were several memers clearly identifiable as mages by their garments and staves.

Latnok tried, but couldn't avoid all of the acid - some of it would hit his vambrace, wearing away the scales. Latnok quickly shook it off - Sere could repair the armor. The more pressing concern was the harsh air, which his mask made somewhat breathable - he hoped the others without such equipment did their best to avoid inhaling anything.
Latnok gave a satisfied smile as Kasidra brought the chimera to its knees - With the opportunity clear, he rushed at the creature with his spear - ending with a final lunge aimed at its head.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1623 Posted: 01:19:57 27/05/2019
"While they're distracted...?," Raclaw said matching the draconic being spoken to him and taking in what the new 'ally' was suggesting. Although the bleeding caused by his wound was mostly stopped by the collar (acting like a makeshift tourniquet)-- he would briefly cringe as adjusted his posture to further reduce what was now clear to him as an open wound. "Wait-- these are my friends. We can't just abandon them! We.. we have a ship just off the shore. They can help me and they can help you too.," the fur dragon then said as some blood could be seen from beneath the collar. He didn't know if this new dragon was suggesting they simply run from the fight or if they were suggesting something more, but he was in no condition anyway. As Latnok prepared to strike the head-- Risar would be prepared to cut it clean off with his axe and ensure that the creature wouldn't come back.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:25:22 27/05/2019 by redwes
#1624 Posted: 01:22:16 27/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade hit his mark on the fire but unfortunately wasn’t watching where he was going and hit a tree knocking him down. But before he had time to react his back was hit by the acid. He roared out in pain and collapsed with pain.

“So you want a world to fit you? Tell me does that really sound like your motto? A free world was it?” Crystal said. She then struggled more and more until one of her talons ripped free. She screeched and tryed to claw at the nearest Mage.
---
SC
#1625 Posted: 01:31:34 27/05/2019
The soldiers immediately intercepted Crystal, blocking her assault on the mage as the mastermind coordinated them, as more weavers began to spit at her. At the same time, the mages began casting an earth spell - bringing the sand out of the sand bags, and focusing their efforts on binding Crystal in it.
"This world will be much more fit for the average person than it ever was under someone else," Cernentium said. "We really do wish you would come to see reason - but we cannot allow you to bring harm to us."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1626 Posted: 01:37:47 27/05/2019
Near the end of the task, Angora cleaned the last of his pointy molars, holding on to one of his fangs and extending her arms, not wanting to be too close to his throat. It has been quite a difficult task, especially his upper teeth, but after nearly half an hour, she was finally done.
"Ok Veris. I'm finally finished. Now be careful. Coming out right now..." Angora warned, wanting him to know she was going out to prevent him from biting down at that inoportune time.

Finally some fresh air... or as fresh as it could get inside that enclosure, Angora took her time to breathe, or rather, pant.
"Well then, that wasn't so hard, was it? It may feel weird at first, but you'll see. Eating will be far more pleasant now. It did wonders to Shady and I'm certain it'll be the same for you." Angora assured, cleaning some of the drool that unavoidably fell on her. While she was glad that the ordeal was finally over, her trembling indicated she was still getting over the shock of what she just did.

Chester looked up at Maverick and offered a series of sympathetic sounding whines followed by an confirmative sounding bark. The little dog could sense the conflicted emotions going through both Maverick and Angora at times-- and wanted everyone to get along. Mav being on better terms with the captain meant possible future relations involving them and Latnok and so on. He also knew that Raclaw wanted this as well or at least when it came to Latnok and Angora. Of course... that was becoming less and less of a possibility despite their previous attempts.

"You're right. Perhaps I should. Just only after he cools off. Oh, but I hope I don't get cold feet in that while." Maverick expressed, immediately changing the subject when it started to become unpleasant.
"Say Chester, have that chiming ball I gave you? My girls are busy, and I already did my fair share of cleaning. Want to play? I can also bring Dahlia along now that Shady is not here." Maverick suggested, now wondering why it didn't occur to him earlier. Shade wasn't around the main deck, so the dirt buffalo could walk around everywhere without feeling nervous. Plus she and Chester seemed to get along very well, so he was liking the idea.
---
#1627 Posted: 01:38:10 27/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Crystal struggled until she was unable to struggle no more. She screeched At The mage then looked at Cernentium. “Binding and taking me by force doesn’t exactly mean I won’t see reason. If you would of talked to me I could of perhaps helped but sense you so blanently attacked me and my friend and not to mention destroyed part of her home I only see ones who only seek control. You think your mission is a noble one? It isn’t its cruel! Cruel to force others who only want to be left alone or don’t want you around!”
---
SC
#1628 Posted: 01:48:47 27/05/2019
Quote:
"You're right. Perhaps I should. Just only after he cools off. Oh, but I hope I don't get cold feet in that while." Maverick expressed, immediately changing the subject when it started to become unpleasant.
"Say Chester, have that chiming ball I gave you? My girls are busy, and I already did my fair share of cleaning. Want to play? I can also bring Dahlia along now that Shady is not here." Maverick suggested, now wondering why it didn't occur to him earlier. Shade wasn't around the main deck, so the dirt buffalo could walk around everywhere without feeling nervous. Plus she and Chester seemed to get along very well, so he was liking the idea.

Chester barked excitingly at the mention of Dahlia coming out; the dirt buffalo served as an fun if not odd playmate. He then remembered that Raclaw had left him his ball just before leaving and quickly jumped off Maverick's lap to receive it. It was right where he had left it-- near why he had briefly been laying and watching Mav. The ball made a familiar 'fun' chimney noise upon the Beagle picking it up; the little dog clearly enjoyed that aspect of it.
---
#1629 Posted: 01:55:25 27/05/2019
The chimera saw the attackers coming and tried even harder to resist the blood magic constricting it. It was weak, too much so to fight off the magic completely, or change to its acid form. However, the dragon head resisted just enough to open its mouth again and attempt to aim an acid breath at the oncoming attackers.

Kasidra was steadily losing focus and control of the beast. It was a hard fight to keep it restrained, and while mostly successful, she noticed it about to attack with acid. The intense focus was starting to give her a migraine. She wasn't able to stop the attack. However, the tiefling could still prevent it from hitting her companions. Kasidra controlled the dragon head and turned it to the side, which caused it to miss its attack.

Her companions' attacks were successful, both managed to strike and cut off the lion head of the chimera. The remaining two heads cried out in pain as the severed neck bled out. Kasidra released her grip on the beast due to a severe migraine, unable to hold it for any longer. With the beast free of control, the dragon head tried once again to breathe out acid with the last bit of its strength. The chimera itself was too weak to get up, but severing just one head didn't seem to be enough to kill it.

Tyraika blinked and took a step back in surprise. "Friends...?" she muttered quietly. She noticed how bad the fur dragon's wound was and how his collar seemed to be holding back the blood. As much as she hated to admit it, that human accessory was somewhat helping him. Although, that had to be pure luck. Tyraika shook her head. "No, that can't be right. They've twisted your mind or something. I have to get you out of here before--" she cut herself off upon seeing the state of the battle. They were running out of time. In addition to that, the other dragon was hurt, too. Tyraika wouldn't be able to carry them both to safety, if they didn't agree to follow her. "It's too late... We have to go now! I can't carry you both. Get your friend and tell him to follow me. I know a place where we can hide from them." She didn't wait for an answer this time. Tyraika rushed off into the bushes and hoped that the two dragons would follow her.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:03:29 27/05/2019 by Cynder09
#1630 Posted: 02:00:21 27/05/2019
Seeing Chester's exitement at the mention of Dahlia, Maverick got up immediately to get her, looking very happy when he saw Chester with the ball. He kept it after all.
"Vamos." he commented, heading downstairs to retrieve Dahlia and welcoming Chester to follow him if he wanted.

The dirt buffalo was in her enclosure, her hooves up and dozing off, feeling relaxed but bored. She knew the ship has stopped, and while she wanted nothing more than to roam free for a while, she also knew that the area they were in was extremely dangerous. She still remembered the time she was attacked by some badger, bear like creature, and it was a moment she didn't want to relieve. It was already bad enough that the water itself was seemingly full of dangerous creatures just wanting to devour them in one bite.
---
#1631 Posted: 02:14:16 27/05/2019
Chester didn't quite understand the particular Spanish saying used by Maverick, but followed regardless-- the Hybrid's intent clear enough. As the two reached the Dirt Buffalo's enclosure, the little Chester would run up to her as soon as Maverick opened the doors. "Hey Dahlia! Your human is here-- it's time for some fresh air!," he barked excitedly.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:17:06 27/05/2019 by redwes
#1632 Posted: 02:18:36 27/05/2019
With the chimera already weakened, avoiding the acid breath with his foresight was trivial for Latnok, as Sere reached out with shadow bindings from the chimera's own shadow in an effort to restrict the motion of the other heads. The creature being immobile, Latnok took the liberty of thrusting at it once more with his spear - this time aiming for the vitals in the chest. "Just die already," Latnok said derisively to the creature as he struck. Being focused on the battle, Raclaw speaking with the other dragon was something he was faintly aware of, but had little immediate knowledge of past that.

Cernentium looked at the restricted Crystal with scorn. "You had your chance to leave us long ago," he said as he pointed his staff at her with contempt. "You chose to be some sort of 'protector' for others here in defiance of us. You have attempted to interfere with the trials of the pilgrimages to this place - our holy ground. We are many things - but we are no fools. It is our hope that all will eventually see our ways - some will see logic and reason, while others may come to the fold once their neighbors tell them of the wondrous life we have in store for them.
"But some like you... you fight against us. Even now, we hope to bring those who would oppose us to the fold - unfortunately, however, just letting you leave at this point is a detriment to us, so we will have to keep you here until we've managed to encourage you to see things our way." The rest of the Ishulgites looked on as Cernentium spoke, ready to act as needed.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1633 Posted: 02:24:06 27/05/2019
Chester didn't quite understand the particular Spanish saying used by Maverick, but followed regardless-- the Hybrid's intent clear enough. As the two reached the Dirt Buffalo's enclosure, the little Chester would run up to her as soon as Maverick opened the doors. "Hey Dahlia! Your human is here-- it's time for some fresh air!," he barked excitedly.

Maverick opened the door, seeing Chester already too exited to see her.
"Little weird wolf here? Hairy human here too. No hairy dragon? Where black dragon? Waiting to eat me, doesn't it? Oh look, is that an exit? When can I run? No scary business! Hear that?" Dahlia began to say, in her typical jumpy fashion. While it was hard even for her to admit it, she was actually very glad to see Chester. She would usually be afraid of a predator like him, but he was so small and ridiculous, it was impossible to be afraid. Maverick could only smile at their interaction. He never would've expected them to get along so well. Such different species getting along so wonderfully. Why couldn't Angora and Latnok get along that well? Sometimes he felt like so many people could learn from the animal kingdom.
---
#1634 Posted: 02:24:31 27/05/2019
Risar would focus on one of the other heads with the goal of also chopping it off. Raclaw, meanwhile, looked towards where the new dragoness had vanished and ultimately decided *not* to follow. It wasn't much of a choice-- he didn't want to leave Latnok and he would've been too injured to survive without the Guardian's help anyway. Shade, although he might want to go, couldn't leave anyway thanks to the dead man's switch installed on his particular model of collar. A part of him could feel the the lingering pain and emotions left by this new dragon; her wing wasn't looking so good ether.

Quote:
Maverick opened the door, seeing Chester already too exited to see her.
"Little weird wolf here? Hairy human here too. No hairy dragon? Where black dragon? Waiting to eat me, doesn't it? Oh look, is that an exit? When can I run? No scary business! Hear that?" Dahlia began to say, in her typical jumpy fashion. While it was hard even for her to admit it, she was actually very glad to see Chester. She would usually be afraid of a predator like him, but he was so small and ridiculous, it was impossible to be afraid. Maverick could only smile at their interaction. He never would've expected them to get along so well. Such different species getting along so wonderfully. Why couldn't Angora and Latnok get along that well? Sometimes he felt like so many people could learn from the animal kingdom.

"Beagle, Canine, Dog, or just Chester if you prefer.," Chester said with slight smile before answering Dalia's remaining questions. He was a far cry from a wolf, although the misundering was understandable to someone who was originally wild. "Black dragon is gone for now-- on business. Same with hairy dragon-- also on business. Your human would probably want you to wait until you're on deck at least. And I brought something you might like.," the little Beagle said as he presented his clear belled ball. He did so in an excited matter, eager to play.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 02:39:14 27/05/2019 by redwes
#1635 Posted: 02:49:15 27/05/2019
Dahlia looked at the ball, and cautiously touched it with her hoof, similar to a cat swiping at something they didn't understand. If she played with the noisy sphere before, she had forgotten it, although the sound was something she has heard before.
"Ball? Egg? This hard? Roll it? Is it fun? Hairy human taking me out?" Dahlia started to say, but as if on cue, Maverick mounted her, proceeding to lead her out.
"Let's go Dahlia. Time for some walking. You'll be playing with Chester too. Get the much needed excercise you need. Don't worry about Oscurito. He's not up there." Maverick assured, unaware that Chester already told her that. Dahlia was still cautious around the ball, so she left Chester carrying it while she walked to the main deck carrying Maverick, missing the times where it was only just the two of them, and sometimes Angora. She was very welcoming of Chester's presence, even though she still missed the original routine.

At the main deck, Maverick dismounted, and showed her the spot where Shade usually was to demonstrate to her there was nothing to worry about.
"Well mi Dahlia, fresh air at last. Go nuts you two, just don't crash into anybody, especially you Dahlia." Maverick said, willing to let the furry pair play by themselves while he kept a close eye on them.
---
#1636 Posted: 02:59:13 27/05/2019
With the shadow bindings restricting the chimera, it was unable to move or fight back, not that it even had much strength left to even try. Risar managed to cut off the dragon head, preventing it from even trying to breathe out more acid. If the beast wasn't already dead from that, the spear strike to its chest vitals definitely did the trick. With two heads severed and lots of blood spilled, the chimera was defeated.

Kasidra still had a migraine from earlier, but it was steadily lessening now. She looked around the battlefield for a moment to survey the damage. It seemed like Raclaw took the worst of it. The tiefling could sense his blood and could tell that the collar was sort of holding it in place. She rushed over to see what she could do for him. "Hey, Raclaw," she began gently. "How bad is it? Let me see," she said. Kasidra was concerned about how easy it would be to treat his wounds with the collar on. She wondered if she would have to remove it, or if she could do enough to help him with it still on.

Tyraika paused and looked back long enough to see that no one was following her. She growled in frustration. Those dragons were still under the control of the humans, too much so to resist on their own. She would have to try something else. Tyraika grunted in pain. That would have to come later, though. Her wing was still in pretty bad shape. She wouldn't even be able to fly now. The dragon rushed off to her lair to rest in one of the chambers.
---
#1637 Posted: 03:08:27 27/05/2019
Veris slowly licked his snout and in between his teeth, taking a moment to appreciate the difference different was certainly one way to describe it. He felt like he would be able to bite more easily - and wanted nothing more than an opportunity to test it out. Veris briefly opened his mouth and grunted before closing it with a snap in an effort to request more food.

With the chimera dead, Latnok immediately returned to his companion Raclaw - who he was able to feel the pain of. "That's going to need some treatment, now," Latnok urged. He took a look at Kasidra and nodded - greatly appreciating that she was already seeking to take care of Raclaw. Latnok had yet to have a shred of a reason to dislike having her around.
Sere was already thinking of the next move - he wondered where the stranger dragon would have gone to, with the injuries she sustained likely preventing her flight. Perhaps a chat with her could prove useful to some extent.
"Shade - follow her scent," Sere ordered, heedless of the dragolet's injuries. Laszur dropped his invisibility, needing a moment to rest.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1638 Posted: 03:13:22 27/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade was panting in pain from the acid burns on his back. He tryed to get up but the pain was too great. Shade shakily got up and tryed to walk but his acid burned back was hurting him. He walked a few steps before cringing in pain. “Gah! This burn is going to make things difficult. Slow and difficult for me.”

“You won’t break me! I’ll never bow to the likes of you!” Crystal said.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:00:38 27/05/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#1639 Posted: 04:03:58 27/05/2019
"Now," Cernentium said, "I wouldn't worry. This isn't the pecking order of some other deity. We don't need you to bow." He made a motioning gesture to indicate all of the other Ishulgites. "We just need you to listen. For when you do eventually accept our ways, you will realize - this isn't about one person ruling over another. This is about mutual cooperation. I don't know what god, if any, you serve - but that is why our society will be better. We are equals. Leadership goes only as far as accomplishing goals - nothing to make one person better than another. And the sooner you realize that, the easier things will be for you to accept."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1640 Posted: 04:06:44 27/05/2019
Dahlia looked confused, but remained pasifist towards Chester, like last time focusing more on not hurting him than being playful. A dirt buffalo didn't play the same game as a dog. They barely understood the concept of playing but they were still willing to learn.

Veris slowly licked his snout and in between his teeth, taking a moment to appreciate the difference different was certainly one way to describe it. He felt like he would be able to bite more easily - and wanted nothing more than an opportunity to test it out. Veris briefly opened his mouth and grunted before closing it with a snap in an effort to request more food.

Angora saw what Veris did,mand correctly assumed what he was trying to communicate.
"Already? Veris, it's been a little more than an hour since your last meal. You can't be hungry this soon..." Angora pointed out, finding it hard to believe he would request food merely to test the new feeling. She knew Veris was gluttonous, but he had to know there were limits, didn't he?
"Don't you want to play a game or something? I know you're exited, but can't you wait? Seriously, how can you digest so fast?" she then asked, getting a stomachache just thinking on how much this beast ate. Shade was bigger, yet he didn't eat nowhere near as much as Veris. Was a wyvern's system different? Metabolism perhaps? Or was it just him?
---
#1641 Posted: 04:11:12 27/05/2019 | Topic Creator
“I serve one thing only and that is the people and living creatures of the land! But if you say we are equal then why restrain me so? Are I just as equal as you to be free?” Crystal said.
---
SC
#1642 Posted: 12:26:52 27/05/2019
As Latnok and Kasidra both attended to him-- Raclaw didn't refuse the help and would fully cooperate with the Tiefling's requests including (albeit hesitantly) allowing the collar to be briefly removed if need be for his own sake. It wasn't preferable and the Fur Dragon had only rarely ever removed his collar, but he couldn't exactly complain about the newcomer's attempts at healing him. Indeed-- she had proved quite useful thus far.

Upon closer inspection, what looked like the aftermath of both an successful acid attack and successful gorge could be seen. The bleeding-- and the pain --would only increase if the wound was exposed unless the blood could be successfully contricted. Raclaw regretted making himself the target, but what's done was done. And the.. *Raclaw would flinch upon Kasidra touching an particularly sensitive spot.*
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:30:55 27/05/2019 by redwes
#1643 Posted: 15:51:04 27/05/2019
Somewhere near Redwater, inside some underwater caverns with indestructible air pockets, Huntress was all alone. On this dark, buried cave, there was a fortune fit for a king. Almost every gem in existence, pounds of gold, a fortune that could make so many generations thrive. A fortune to get an entire city out of bankruptcy. On this rich cavern Huntress rested, contemplating about her dear city's problem. Aelinon was a resourceful society, a complete success in war and battles, but for how long was this particular war going to last? How many lives had to be lost before they could finally claim victory? From this deep hideout, Huntress wondered if she should spend some of this fortune on weapons and magic that could help them be victorious much sooner. How could she help? How could she play her part?
---
#1644 Posted: 00:08:58 28/05/2019
Cernentium did not seem swayed at all by Crystal's logic. "We are not foolish. Freeing you as you are would do no good for the many," he said. "If you were truly loyal to those you claim to be, you would see that we have much more to offer them than any of the older ways. You have not yet realized that, however - and so we will help you see reason. Keeping you here is a means to an end - perhaps even you will learn of the truth."
Cernentium gave a look to some of the Ishulgites standing by. "Usher her to an appropriate containment cell," he said. "Make sure to keep her secured to a source of electrical grounding. From there, we will work on educating her."

The former Silvianesti castle was nothing but a pile of ruins now; all over were rebels raising a new flag. Not one of the former nation, but one of their new faith - a face which was humanoid on one half, transitioning to insectoid on the other half.
Among the rubble was an elf secured to one of the larger stones; the king Glaveilio. In his attempts to keep his people unified and protect his nation, he did the exact opposite, inspiring a revolution in the middle of a war. He was now at the people's mercy.

Veris gave a slight disappointed grunt before rolling over and back, as he previously did. He didn't know exactly what Angora had in mind; but hopefully it would be something very fun. After all, Angora did clean his teeth after telling him how it would make eating feel better - only to tell him that he would have to eat later.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:11:38 28/05/2019 by A Guy
#1645 Posted: 00:19:54 28/05/2019 | Topic Creator
“So you’re just going to keep me here?” Crystal said. “Tell me....is gaining ones trust by keeping them captive and restraining them really a good way to make them see? Won’t that inspire more to stop you? There will always be others to stop you no matter how hard you try. There will always be resistance and rebellion to this. You and especially your leader should know this. The first step my master told me is words always make a difference. Using force like you are with me right now will not get you anywhere.”
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:45:45 28/05/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#1646 Posted: 00:45:08 28/05/2019
While Ilasi continued working, Maverick took a small break, watching over the two quadruped mammals as he bounced the ball to Chester. Dahlia looked curious, but was also clueless as to what she should do. Chester looked like he was simply retrieving the ball and repeating the same pattern of catch and chase, and she didn't seemed anything too progressive about it. What was the point of such a game?

Veris gave a slight disappointed grunt before rolling over and back, as he previously did. He didn't know exactly what Angora had in mind; but hopefully it would be something very fun. After all, Angora did clean his teeth after telling him how it would make eating feel better - only to tell him that he would have to eat later.

Angora sensed his disappointment, and didn't know whether to laugh or be upset.
"Now now Veris. Don't be such a big baby. I don't want to get in trouble with your master if he catches me feeding you off schedule. I know you love eating, but try to control yourself." Angora suggested, talking again before Veris could respond to her scold.

"You want something to chew on and test you new bite? Try this." Angora said as she created the shield around her.
"First, you'll have to catch me. Now don't worry about me. My shield is very sturdy. Are you ready?" she asked, moving her orb around like a hamster ball to show her mobility. She knew there weren't many games she could play with Veris in a place like this. The enclosure wasn't big enough for him to fly or run, but it still have plenty of room to walk and move. Him trying to catch her in that spot would be like a cat chasing a laser pointer in a small room.
---
#1647 Posted: 01:06:44 28/05/2019
Kasidra tried to get to the wound as best she could, but it was difficult without removing the collar first. She only brought it up and asked for it to be removed when she had no other choice. Seeing how the fur dragon was hesitant in removing it, she promised he could put it back on when she was done. Once it was off, the tiefling went right to work. She first moved any loss blood back in through the wound and sealed the wound by drying the blood around the exit. Next Kasidra gave Raclaw an antidote for poison resistance. It wouldn't completely heal his acid wounds, but it would make the pain more bearable until they could get back to the infirmary. "I think that's all I can do here for now," Kasidra said. "We'll have to get him back to the infirmary for further treatment."

Tyraika was laying down in her lair. She wasn't sleeping, but she was resting from the previous battle. She groaned in pain. Her wing was still badly damaged. It hurt to even move it. It was possibly broken at some point during the fight against the chimera. Although, the dragon wasn't sure of when or what exactly the damage was. Tyraika was no healer and wouldn't be able to tend to the wounds herself.
---
#1648 Posted: 01:16:21 28/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade was moving slowly as his acid burns were hurting him. “Captain....I...cant move much more. That beast really did a number on my back with that acid attack.” He said cringing in pain. “This pain is getting unbearable.”
---
SC
#1649 Posted: 01:30:15 28/05/2019
Sere closed his eyes and shook his head in frustration before moving on after a soft sigh. "Laszur, please escort Shade back to the ship," Sere asked the galud. "Raclaw can gonas well, if he needs to. The rest of us must press forward. We will still have Kasidra with us, so we should still have a good sensw of the area."
As much as Latnok hated to abandon his friend, he knew that he would be more useful with Sere than back on the ship. He hoped that Ilasi could take good care of Raclaw - like she usually did.

Cernentium pounded the ground with his staff. "You had your chance back when you chose to spy on us," he said. "You already knew what we sought - and chose to oppose us. You will he made to see reason through more direct means - or you will remain here, as nothing more than a battery for us to use. Though we value free will, the survival of our mission takes precedence. Most have seen our ways with little to no fighting - but some, like you, are more stubborn. As long as you remain here, you will not be inspiring others to rebel." With fresh strings wrapped, the Ishulgites began dragging Crystal away.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1650 Posted: 02:13:58 28/05/2019 | Topic Creator
“Then you are a bigger fool than I thought. Let me tell you before you take me away. There will always be rebellion to oppose you. Always!” Crystal said.

Shade slowly went with Laszur back to the ship. He looked to Raclaw. “Are you going to be ok there bud?”
---
SC
First | Previous | Page 33 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me