Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private)
First | Previous | Page 14 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 48 49 50
Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private) [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#651 Posted: 19:27:03 13/04/2019
The beast only looked at Shade with the same, bored expression, not fazed by his mind suddenly being intercepted. One would think it was used to this.
"...Are you... going... to... eat... that?" it asked VERY slowly, in a voice so weird that it sounded like it had water stuck in it's throat. It was a very odd voice, though one that could at least still be understood. The creature didn't looked scared of Shade, and instead of listening to his warning, decided to respond to him. The iguanameleon didn't have any natural predators, so it didn't know when or even how to be scared.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#652 Posted: 19:44:56 13/04/2019
The Enduring Legacy was nearing the shore now, close enough to allow Maverick to be identifiable without a telescope. Latnok looked at the scene ahead of them. "Yes, that has to be Maverick. No way it isn't!" he said. "Although... he and Shade seem to have a defensive posture. I wonder what the issue is?" Not too long from now, they would be touching down, and would be able to find out soon enough.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8609
#653 Posted: 20:19:34 13/04/2019 | Topic Creator
”He is not food! He is my family! Now leave before I kill you!” Shade telepathed. A little smoke could be seen leaving his nose.
---
SC
#654 Posted: 20:33:36 13/04/2019
Still no immediate response from the large island reptile. Maverick could see it wasn't scared of Shade at all. Was it really that clueless to the threat?
"Easy! Easy Oscurito. You don't want to accidentally incinerate the whole island. It's just a clueless animal." Maverick said, unaware that they were already communicating with each other.

The iguanameleon seemed to be pondering what Shade said, not with so much enthusiasm.
"What is... family? You eat it? If... you don't eat it... can I... please... have it?" The beast said surprisingly politely, still not understanding the situation. It didn't understand fear, OR family.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:34:44 13/04/2019 by Felines
#655 Posted: 20:36:45 13/04/2019 | Topic Creator
”you cannot eat him! Go find other food unless you want to go hungry.” Shade said. He then looked at Maverick. “Don’t worry I’m trying to make it go away.”
---
SC
#656 Posted: 20:55:28 13/04/2019
With the same, bored, and almost stupid expression, the creature refused to budge, or even reply to Shade. In it's eyes, he was an invader. This was it's home and he could do whatever he wanted, and this uninvited monster thought he could just barge in here and deny him a chance to feed. It wanted to stay to prove he wasn't going to let him do what he pleased just because he was bigger, but what finally made the odd eyed reptile leave was the approaching ship. This impossibly large sea monster with creatures similar to his prey on it's back was approaching home. It was going to be very crowded. The iguanameleon hated to feel crowded, so he decided to leave for now, turning around and disappearing into the woods... for now.

Maverick breathed in relief, apparently Shade's talking doing the trick.
"Gracias Oscurito. It finally left. Dang what a stubborn animal! There's plenty of other things it could feed on here yet it was willing to risk it's very life just to get to me." Maverick said nervously, still recovering from the initial fear.
---
#657 Posted: 21:51:35 13/04/2019 | Topic Creator
“And it’s lucky it didn’t take another step. I would of killed it.” Shade said. He then nuzzled him. “But I’m glad your safe.”
---
SC
#658 Posted: 22:33:04 13/04/2019
As the boat neared the shore, Ilasi began to focus on her work on the now-sleeping Sand Dune. Resetting a dislocation was a painful procedure - definitely not one to be awake for. She hoped her sedative was effective as she adroitly maneuvered the bones to put them in place. Some observation would be required afterwards for some time to make sure the injury healed properly.

With the boat now near the shore, Sere gave the order to have the anchor dropped, as he set the gangplank on the shore. Latnok came to his side, ready to disembark with him. As soon as everything was prepared, the two began to disembark.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#659 Posted: 22:43:26 13/04/2019
As they closed ahead on the shore, Angora was trying to spot Maverick, but Shade didn't let her see. What was up with him anyway? Shade looked ready to chomp on something. Since she didn't dare to ask for the telescope, she couldn't see very well what had him so defensive. A troll's senses were mostly better than a human's, but they were relatively the same in eyesight, albeit with a slightly better nocturnal vision.

When the anchors dropped, she was desperate to get off that stinking vessel, but she decided it was far better to wait for Sere to give that order, knowing that even something as simp,e as that could get on his nerves. She still didn't know if he was still planning on leaving her marooned on the island, but now with Maverick in the picture, perhaps things could be different.

Quote: Spyroconvexity
“And it’s lucky it didn’t take another step. I would of killed it.” Shade said. He then nuzzled him. “But I’m glad your safe.”

Maverick patted his elbow.
"I'm grateful for the help Oscurito, but you really need to control your temper. Remember it's still just an animal, and we're in it's territory. A small kick would've sufficed, or something else. Or a bigger scare. Imagine if you had killed it? Or worse, if you had burned down the forest in an attempt to get that creature? What would the Guardians think about that, huh? You really need to control yourself mi amigo." Maverick counseled, knowing too well that Shade's overprotective nature has gotten him into trouble too often. It was one of the many things he had to reform. And despite being very afraid of the beast after what it nearly did to him, Maverick didn't wish it any harm. After all, it was an animal in it's own habitat, and that had to be respected. And he managed to defend himself without Shade's help.
---
#660 Posted: 00:19:45 14/04/2019 | Topic Creator
"You're right. You're right. I need to control my temper better." Shade said as he sat down and waited for the others to arive.
---
SC
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8585
#661 Posted: 01:08:12 14/04/2019
Raclaw and Chester closely watched-- letting the captain give the A-OK before departing. Risar watched as well, somewhat pleased that Maverick was still alive. The hybrid, despite any faults, was a good navigator and someone who had at least earned some respect from him. He didn't know what would become of Angora and rather Maverick would dare break his contract, but didn't hate their presence on the ship. "Raclaw-- do you think the same thing that happened to Latnok could've happened to Mav?," Chester barked looking up at Raclaw. "Perhaps. We'll have to wait to see what he remembers.," Raclaw responded.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#662 Posted: 02:07:51 14/04/2019
As he got down, Sere turned around and beckoned to the others. "Come along, now, don't let me stop you," he said. He and Latnok would soon be by Maverick and Shade.
Sere was indeed able to confirm that this person was Maverick. He just had to be sure. Maverick was captured, yet here he was now. Just what was it that happened?
"Maverick. It's good to see you again," Sere said, extending a handshake. "But would you mind telling me what happened just now?"
"Hey, Maverick," Latnok called out. "There's a certain mermaid that would be rather happy to see you. I'll leave you the honor of finding her."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#663 Posted: 02:25:42 14/04/2019
Maverick welcomed the handshake, not extremely fond of his captain but very glad to see even him.
"Hola Capitán. Hola señor Latnok. Nice to see you gentlemen again." he said, welcoming the old Guardian's handshake before answering his question
"Yeah... that... well, not sure how much you could see, but there this giant, iguana thing that... well let's just say I was below his food chain. It's quite embarrassing actually, I had to cut it's tongue in order to release myself from it's grip. Oscu... Shade scared it off thankfully." Maverick explained skeptically, not comfortable with using Shade's nickname with him. After the explanation, Maverick pointed at the creature's tongue, which has by now stopped squirming.

Done with Sere's reply, Maverick look around to spot his girls when he remembered Latnok saying something about needing to find her. She was probably working on the ship or something. There was someone however, that he spotted.
"Hey Angorita." Maverick said with a wide smile, the troll hiding shyly further behind the Guardians. If she was there, it was probably because she was finally released. Angora wanted to go to Maverick, but she had been so afraid of Sere that she didn't dare to approach him until after the captain either was done talking to him or gave her permission. But when Maverick crouched down to welcome her, she wasn't able to resist. She passed besides Sere, cringing as she did, and welcomed Maverick's arms, unable to resist the tears. How she has missed him. She didn't care how ridiculous, pathetic, or unlike troll it seemed to hug someone. She wanted to do it. It broke her heart greatly to think she may be abandoned on this island with some dangerous creature and have to say her goodbyes again...
---
#664 Posted: 02:37:22 14/04/2019
Upon Sere's approval-- Raclaw and Chester soon walked up alongside Latnok. The fur dragon companion gave a gentle smile as Mav and Angora embraced each other. He knew what it was like to be separated from from your friend/family and knew how it felt to be reunited with them once again. Mav and Angora were very close and hopefully now, Angora would be allowed to stay aboard if only for Maverick. He had started to gain the Godfather's trust... so perhaps he might just be able to pull it off. A part of Raclaw wondered if he could've done the same for Darkheart and could've possibly allowed her to stay aboard the Enduring Legacy. Risar gave a nod upon seeing Maverick, pleased to see that the hybrid was well and alive.
---
#665 Posted: 02:39:47 14/04/2019
Sere watched the display before him, granting the two that moment. He personally didn't indulge in such displays of affection, but could understand why others would. He waited for them to finish before proceeding.
"We'll try to subdue the creature later on," Sere said. "For now, we'll focus on getting major repairs in. Once that's settled, we'll send an expeditionary force to survey the island, and make contact with locals if any are present. You're most likely tired, so you can head back and rest for now. We can talk about your experience later." Sere was tired himself, but he dared not show it. There was still much for him to do.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#666 Posted: 02:53:22 14/04/2019
As Angora hugged Maverick's both arm and neck, without even caring he was all sticky, she had been waiting for Sere to forcefully separate them. She was actually surprised t never happened, but she knew that didn't mean he had a softer heart now.
"Gracias capitán. I'll go find Ilasi now. And my dear Dahlia. I hope the poor lass didn't suffer so much by my absence." Maverick said in high spirits, welcoming the rest. He was willing to carry Angora with him, but she left his arms.
"You go ahead Maverick. I'll... remain here for a little while." Angora said with some sadness, with Maverick noticing.
"Come on Angorita. Help me find Ilasi." Maverick asked, but Angora doubted Sere would let her go with him.
"No no, it's alright Maverick. You should know where she is. I'll remain with Shady for a little while." she then said, forcing a small smile to give him some peace of mind. Maverick could still sense some sadness, but he assumed it was still the emotion of seeing him again. If everyone thought he was dead, then Ilasi was probably in a depressed state. He wants to see his girlfriend. He would hang out with Angora later.

The little troll stayed behind, waiting for Sere's orders. She didn't dare to do or say anything else. Sere has brought her so much misery that she firmly believed that if she did anything, he would keep abusing his power over her. So while she was initially very happy to see Maverick again, her expression returned to that of deep sorrow.
---
#667 Posted: 03:21:51 14/04/2019
"You and Shade are getting back on the ship until I decide how to manage both of you, after I talk with Maverick later," Sere said roughly to Angora. "Go do... something until then. I don't... I don't care what it is. Just don't get in the way... or anything like that." Sere began to walk up the gangplank, seeking to head back to his cabin room.

Ilasi had finished wrapping up the dislocated joint with a strong bandage. The wound would take much follow-up on her part to properly heal, most notably physical therapy. No one ever showed her the same degree of care... except Maverick. A tear or two escaped Ilasi's eyes as she thought about their time together - to think that it was forever lost...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#668 Posted: 03:37:25 14/04/2019
Maverick was walking along the hallways, not able to spot where Ilasi was working. He wanted to wait for her in her cabin, but he didn't want to spook her. Knowing that searching in a big ship would take him a long time, and almost impossible if she was moving around too, he decided to head back on deck, sitting in a barrel eating a green apple while he waited for Ilasi to show up from those stairs. He wanted to see Dahlia too, but he knew where she was. She could wait. He wanted to see his beloved girlfriend first...

Quote: A Guy
"You and Shade are getting back on the ship until I decide how to manage both of you, after I talk with Maverick later," Sere said roughly to Angora. "Go do... something until then. I don't... I don't care what it is. Just don't get in the way... or anything like that." Sere began to walk up the gangplank, seeking to head back to his cabin room.

Angora wanted to ask someone else, but he was already heading out. She didn't know if not caring and not getting in the way meant interacting with Shade as well, but she didn't want to take that risk.
"Come on Shady. Let's get back to the ship." she said, walking along the gangplank only after Sere was very far ahead. Although she would've preferred to enjoy dry land for a while with Shade as protection from whatever thing Maverick talked about, Sere already gave the order, so back to the ship it was.
---
#669 Posted: 03:48:38 14/04/2019
With the other prisoner's injury treated for now, Ilasi left instructions on a sheet of paper for Sand Dune to follow, once he woke up. For now, she was going to head back to her cabin.
On the way there, she happened to run into Sere, who himself was heading back to his own cabin. The captain was undeniably tired. "Hello, Captain," she politely greeted. "Is there anything I can do for you? You look very tired. You should rest."
"I need nothing at the moment," Sere said. "You can rest if there's nothing else for you to do."
"Understood, captain," Ilasi answered dutifully. Sere didn't give anything more than a brief response to her. He seemingly had other problems to worry about. Ilasi headed back to her own cabin for now.
The door creaked open and shut as she entered. One thing caught her attention this time - the spellbook that Maverick gifted her. If only there wer a spell there that would allow her to speak to him again. A spell that would allow him to tell her not to worry. "No tay pre-okupez" or something along those lines, like he always said...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#670 Posted: 04:50:20 14/04/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade noded. He then waited until they were away from Sere. He then nuzzled her gently. “I’m so glade he is alive. I never gave up hope.”
---
SC
#671 Posted: 05:37:22 14/04/2019
As Maverick finished up the apple, he wondered if he was altogether wise to just wait for Ilasi like that. If she thought he was dead like everybody else, then probably seeing him all of the sudden would cause tremendous shock, maybe even a faint. He didn't know if somebody was going to give her the news, but if not, he had to do something. Taking a small piece of paper and a pen, he wrote a note.

Hello my love. Met me at the barrels and I'll explain everything...

Maverick didn't sign the notepad didn't use any Spanish words, fearing Ilasi would think somebody was playing a very mean joke on her. But if she recognized his handwriting, the shock would still remain, although quite possibly less intense than if she saw him in person. After finishing the note, Maverick went downstairs and into the hallways, already knowing the way to her cabin. He used the darkness to conceal himself in case she was around. When he arrived to her cabin, the door was shut tight. He didn't want to knock in case she was there. He slipped the note under the door, making a run for it as soon as it was out of view. After leaving those hallways, he was tempted to visit his dear Dahlia right now, but if Ilasi was there, she was probably going to be in the place that said in the note in a complete haste, so picking up the pace, Maverick headed to the barrels where he was before.

Shade noded. He then waited until they were away from Sere. He then nuzzled her gently. “I’m so glad he is alive. I never gave up hope.”

Angora wasn't certain about that, but then again, she didn't see him once while in prison, so she couldn't know if he was telling the truth.
"Me neither. Now come along you. Let's not upset the captain any longer, and you can explain to me what happened there earlier, and what is this creature Maverick talked about." Angora asked, now very curious about the details. If there was such a dangerous creature out there, Angora wondered if Sere would still be willing to leave her abandoned there even with that kind of knowledge.
---
#672 Posted: 05:49:15 14/04/2019 | Topic Creator
“I think it’s best you ask Maverick. We aren’t supposed to talk to each other.” Shade said knowing Sere was only allowing this until they are on the ship.
---
SC
#673 Posted: 17:02:37 14/04/2019
Ilasi happened to be turning a pag ein the book when she noticed some movement at the bottom of door. Curious, she set the book down to check it out. Hmm...
Picking up whatever it was, it happened to be a note. Ilasi started to read it... but something wasn't right. Was this... Maverick's handwriting?! But he was taken away. Everyone on the ship saw it. Was this some sort of a joke someone was playing on her? Who would go through the effort of forging Maverick's handwriting? Could it really be him? There was only one way for her to find out - she left her room, heading to the rendezvous point of the barrels. Whoever this was, Ilasi would spare no effort to let them know how much of a sick person they were if this were just a prank or some other attempt to get her attention.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#674 Posted: 20:12:04 14/04/2019
Maverick was waiting at the barrels as he promised, wondering if Ilasi got the note already. He imagined it was going to be a severe shock, but hoped that the note mellowed down the initial reaction. There he was looking proud but gentle as he's always been, with slightly more hair than before, and content to know that whatever happened to him, he was still alive to see his beloved friends and girlfriend again...

“I think it’s best you ask Maverick. We aren’t supposed to talk to each other.” Shade said knowing Sere was only allowing this until they are on the ship.

Angora nodded, knowing he was right. Sere said she could do whatever she wanted as long as she didn't interrupt everyone's work, but she doubted that 'whatever' involved talking with Shade. Even if it wasn't, she wasn't going to take the risk.

Once they arrived to the ship, Angora could see Maverick around the barrels, and while she wanted to talk to him, she decided to let him be for now so he could rest from whatever ordeal he went through.
---
#675 Posted: 21:04:21 14/04/2019 | Topic Creator
“See you later!” Shade said with a smile. He was glad to have his family once more. Even though he couldn’t talk to them just knowing they were on the ship made him happy.
---
SC
#676 Posted: 01:55:46 15/04/2019
Angora left Shade's side, hanging around the bow of the ship, getting a better view of the island. Just where was she suppose to meet the man from the orb? Instead of asking, Angora decided to wait for him to intercept her instead of calling to him and looking desperate. This island wasn't the same as the one they visited before, or if it was, it certainly looked different from this side. She had no idea what would happen next, or even if Sere would be rid of that awful mood he was in ever since the attack, but for now, the ship was stationary and free of a storm, so it was a very welcoming break.

Near the ship, a certain invisible creature was roaming around the giant vessel, still trying to decide whether it should mount this humongous fiend in order to get a certain something that it truly believed belonged to it...
---
#677 Posted: 11:55:50 15/04/2019
Ilasi had reached the barrels, as per the letter. She didn't immediately spot Maverick, much to her dismay, though she would keep looking.
"...Maverick? Maverick?" she called out timidly. She still wasn't completely sure that it wasn't just some sick prank. Her fears would soon be allayed, however, as she found a soothingly familiar figure. It... It couldn't be...
"Maverick?!"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#678 Posted: 14:39:23 15/04/2019
Maverick turned around when hearing her voice. If she was there so fast, it must've meant that she got the note. It would've been much coincidence if she showed up at that very moment to work or something else.
"Hola mi amor." he said to the shocked mermaid, his mullet and arm hair blowing with the wind. The sky was beautiful that day, in complete contrast to that terrible storm they faced.
---
#679 Posted: 15:51:04 15/04/2019
Upon Maverick's greeting, Ilasi's depressed demeanor instantly subsided, being replaced by pure bliss as she ran over and hugged him. "Maverick! You're... you're really back! We all saw you get taken away... and we all thought... well, that we would never see you again. How did you ever make it? Are you okay? Do you need treatment?" Ilasi had so many different questions to ask, she didn't even know where to start.

Back in his locked cabin room, Sere was browsing his documents - updating the personnel roster. Maverick had (presumably) returned, so he was accounted for. The mutinous sailor was, too... he wqs dead, as were many of his men as a result of Star's betrayal. As he went through his documents, Sere was pondering exactly how to go about exploring the island... if only he could focus...
The world seemed to become more and more incorporeal. Why couldn't he make sense of anything now? Despite his best efforts, Sere just seemed to space out more and more, until he suddenly collapsed from exhaustion.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#680 Posted: 16:20:48 15/04/2019
Maverick almost fell backwards with the force of the hug, hugging Ilasi lack in part to hold himself and avoid making the reunion awkward.
"Calm down mi amor. I'm fine. I must tell you though, I don't know what happened to me. Everyone is saying that I was taken away, but I don't know further than that. I woke up on that island and next thing I know, everyone had thought I died. Maybe whoever took me dumped me there and I hit my head or something. It would explain why I can't remember a thing, but at least it wasn't bad enough to forget about all of you. I'm here, and I couldn't be any more happier." Maverick assured his girlfriend with one of those wide and nearly goofy smiles of his, really glad to be back.

After a walk around the ship's bow, Angora went to meet with Maverick, but when she saw him with Ilasi from a distance, she decided to let them be. She didn't know if the mermaid truly hated her, but one thing she was certain of was that Ilasi wasn't very fond of her nevertheless. She might try to hide it, but the troll knew better. She was doing it for Maverick's sake and not hers. While she wanted to feel happy about Maverick being alive and as vibrant as ever, she on the contrary, felt sad. The stranger from the orb claimed he could help her have Shade and Maverick as a family again, but the latter seemed to have a very pleasant life ahead of him... one that didn't involve her. How could she separate Maverickfrom such a potential life? It was a life that Ilasi probably wasn't going to like, so how could she interfere? There was always Shade... but he had a mother out there. What if she decided at the last second she wanted her son back... without the troll that tried to help him so much? Shade would have a family. And Maverick had a girlfriend, a mount that adored him and even a respectable position on the ship. Angora would have nobody. Her family had wanted her dead, and she didn't have any other friends. Star seemed to like her, but he wasn't around anymore. And Raclaw had Latnok and Chester. She would all alone again... just like in the past. Angora hid inside a barrel half full of oysters, so she could sob in peace at the possibility of being an unwanted, unloved loner once again.
---
#681 Posted: 20:35:03 15/04/2019
Meanwhile...
Quote: Felines
Near the ship, a certain invisible creature was roaming around the giant vessel, still trying to decide whether it should mount this humongous fiend in order to get a certain something that it truly believed belonged to it...

As Raclaw remained near Latnok and Chester-- the sensitive telepathic fur dragon could detect the presence of *something* around the Enduring Legacy. It wasn't one of the crew members, it wasn't Laszur (whose mental signature he wouldn't been familiar enough with), and yet.. he could detect the new presence of something roaming around the vessel. As Raclaw picked up on the new presence, his ears twitched and head turned as if he was watching something or someone. Chester looked up at Raclaw with a head twist; the little dog unable to pick up on such senses. He wasn't seeing, hearing, or smelling anything unusual at least. "What is it?," Chester whined looking up at his furry friend.

"It's... something. I'm not sure, but I can sense someone or something new watching the ship.," Raclaw responded looking at both Chester and the nearby Latnok. He didn't want to worry anyone over nothing, but this was new. Ether it was a new form of mastermind/spy or an new creature altogether. Perhaps it was even a native of the island checking them out before they showed themselves. Most people couldn't turn invisible, but this was a new island to them and in unexplored territory. There was no way yet to tell what its intentions were.
---
#682 Posted: 21:31:50 15/04/2019
The iguanameleon continued patrolling around the ship, looking for any signs of Maverick. This giant vessel was an unwelcoming guest, threatening to take away something that was in it's island, therefore it had a right. As it continued to ponder whether it should mount the giant or not... when it spotted something just outside the vessel. Two very hairy creatures. Although it was bigger than the two of them, the beast doubted it could swallow the winged one. The small one with him though... it had potential. The bipedal one looked similar to the one that escaped it, but the 'skin' looked too hard. It was the small one that got it's attention. It wasn't a rabbit, but it was approximately the same size. The iguanameleon made sure Raclaw and Latnok were looking another way and waited for Chester to look it's direction. When it came close to the edge of the woods, the beast made it's eyes visible for a brief moment once it managed to catch the beagle's attention, and then went invisible again. Small creatures were very curious, so if it could lure it to the woods, nobody would disturb it's objective. Afterwards, the huge lizard was now even tempted to mount the vessel in order to get whatever other goods it had. It may be an intruder, but the ship seemed to bring many exotic meats on it. It may be worth a view, and not just for Maverick...
---
#683 Posted: 22:56:36 15/04/2019
Ilasi shook her head in mild confusion. "Well, that doesn't quite make any sense... why would they just dump you here?" she wondered out loud. "I'm rather glad they did, but... it doesn't make sense to me." An idea sudfenly sprang into Ilasi's mind, however, as she mentioned that.
"That sounds almost like what happened with Latnok... maybe he would be able to help you out there?" Ilasi didn't really know if it would help, but any idea was better than nothing.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#684 Posted: 23:06:12 15/04/2019
Quote: Felines
The iguanameleon continued patrolling around the ship, looking for any signs of Maverick. This giant vessel was an unwelcoming guest, threatening to take away something that was in it's island, therefore it had a right. As it continued to ponder whether it should mount the giant or not... when it spotted something just outside the vessel. Two very hairy creatures. Although it was bigger than the two of them, the beast doubted it could swallow the winged one. The small one with him though... it had potential. The bipedal one looked similar to the one that escaped it, but the 'skin' looked too hard. It was the small one that got it's attention. It wasn't a rabbit, but it was approximately the same size. The iguanameleon made sure Raclaw and Latnok were looking another way and waited for Chester to look it's direction. When it came close to the edge of the woods, the beast made it's eyes visible for a brief moment once it managed to catch the beagle's attention, and then went invisible again. Small creatures were very curious, so if it could lure it to the woods, nobody would disturb it's objective. Afterwards, the huge lizard was now even tempted to mount the vessel in order to get whatever other goods it had. It may be an intruder, but the ship seemed to bring many exotic meats on it. It may be worth a view, and not just for Maverick...

As the creature tried to get Chester's attention-- it worked, although not the degree that it had hoped for. Chester moved a few feet away from the others, but stopped remembering Raclaw's warning not but a few minutes prior. Raclaw turned towards Chester to say something when he noticed that the Beagle was now seemingly staring out onto the woods. "Chester-- what are you looking at?," he asked. "The woods-- something came from the woods before leaving again.," the little dog responded half tempted to follow the scent and give chase. He didn't know why-- perhaps instinct or perhaps because he was bored. Elsewhere, Risar kept an eye on deck.
---
#685 Posted: 23:17:18 15/04/2019
The iguanameleon kept itself invisible, preferring not to draw attention to itself with so many intruders around. But as it remained hidden, it eyed the beagle with the same, creepy eyes it eyed Maverick with, but unlike with the hybrid, it already made up it's mind on what the beagle's fate should be...

Ilasi shook her head in mild confusion. "Well, that doesn't quite make any sense... why would they just dump you here?" she wondered out loud. "I'm rather glad they did, but... it doesn't make sense to me." An idea sudfenly sprang into Ilasi's mind, however, as she mentioned that.
"That sounds almost like what happened with Latnok... maybe he would be able to help you out there?" Ilasi didn't really know if it would help, but any idea was better than nothing.

"Not sure if señor Latnok can help me though. He lost his memory too, so whoever's behind this clearly means to keep everything a secret. Or maybe what happened to us is different with similar outcomes? Don't know for certain. I don't know any more than you do mi Ilasita. Why would they dump me here? No idea... but... they left me alive. And I'm seeing you all again. I couldn't be any more happier than that." Maverick stated with another smile, grabbing her hands. Ilasi was probably still shocked by seeing him again, so he made sure she could touch him so she could see for herself this wasn't a dream or an illusion. It scared him a bit though they left him on an island with some dangerous iguana thing prowling around, but he decided to keep that part of the story a secret from her.
---
#686 Posted: 10:06:21 17/04/2019
As Chester spoke and the new 'creature' once again became invisible-- Raclaw walked alongside the Beagle and looked towards where his beloved four-legged friend had previously seen it. His senses had remained opened from when he had 'seen' roaming around the ship earlier and it wasn't long 'till that same presence could be felt distinct to him albeit still very unknown. "It's that presence I mentioned-- I believe that Chester has seen it and now.. now it's watching us.," Raclaw said as his 'senses' scanned the area. The Fur Dragon's findings would be very much visible to the nearby linked Latnok.
---
#687 Posted: 20:38:31 17/04/2019
Back at Silvianesti, many elves - children and elderly, male and female - gathered around a stone obelisk, with many words in an ancient, unidentifiable language inscribed in them. Many of them carried incensed candles, alight in their hands, moving in worship as an elven priest led the sermon.
This sermon was special - there was an offering to be made. Around the base of the obelisk, the bodies of several elven soldiers were lain. The elves had begun to resist Glaveilio - they were now working to take Silvianesti back for themselves. The priest had ordered an attack on an elven patrol - and though the civilians were wary, the priest assured them that, with their devotion, they would overcome the enemy. As the civilians attacked with spears and bows, nature itself seemed to assist them, as vegetation rapidly grew around the patrol and restrained them. The civilians were beginning to take down the regime, slowly but surely, and Glaveilio would have no idea of what was happening.
"Brothers and sisters! Our salvation is before us! This fine day, we make an offering to the god who will bring our salvation. He is a god who serves the people! Through our devotion, we will carve a world for us and our children!"
The priest began to lead the others in prayer. As they kneeled in worship, their prayers would leave them somewhat exhausted - physically and mentally - yet satisfied, and the bodies would be claimed by nature in front of them. They had found the light in the dark tunnel - and there was nowhere for them to go but forward.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#688 Posted: 20:58:20 17/04/2019
At a behemoth stable, Huntress was working as a voluntary. She was greedy for money, but even she would do things for free when it came to her country and the dear behemoths. Several of the beasts, including the one they called Gregor, were being saddled for war. The battle has become severe enough to request as many as they could. Nearly all the gossips were about the war, but some talking extended to Angora's reunion with Gregor. The little troll was certainly brave. Huntress only saw Angora once, but was left with the curiosity of getting to know her better.

Quote: redwes
As Chester spoke and the new 'creature' once again became invisible-- Raclaw walked alongside the Beagle and looked towards where his beloved four-legged friend had previously seen it. His senses had remained opened from when he had 'seen' roaming around the ship earlier and it wasn't long 'till that same presence could be felt distinct to him albeit still very unknown. "It's that presence I mentioned-- I believe that Chester has seen it and now.. now it's watching us.," Raclaw said as his 'senses' scanned the area. The Fur Dragon's findings would be very much visible to the nearby linked Latnok.

The creature got closer, and this time, it let some of his camouflage off. It was now mostly visible. It was looking at Raclaw and Chester, wondering what it should do now. Perhaps he could have the beagle if it asked nicely? Raclaw looked more agreeable than Shade. With the same, almost souless eyes, the giant stared at them, pondering it's next move...
---
#689 Posted: 20:59:23 17/04/2019 | Topic Creator
Meanwhile on the mountain of dreams this priest didn’t go unnoticed by the great Galaxy Dragon Orion. He was getting angry. “This mortal is no priest nor god. The people of Silvianesti follow false hopes!”

Shade meanwhile sensed something was indeed wrong. He twitched a little and shook his head. “Gah, I....I feel something is wrong. Not here but elsewhere. I need to speak with the captain.”
---
SC
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:02:31 18/04/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#690 Posted: 21:16:48 17/04/2019
Quote:
The creature got closer, and this time, it let some of his camouflage off. It was now mostly visible. It was looking at Raclaw and Chester, wondering what it should do now. Perhaps he could have the beagle if it asked nicely? Raclaw looked more agreeable than Shade. With the same, almost souless eyes, the giant stared at them, pondering it's next move...

Raclaw could feel that something was up through Shade, but wouldn't immediately worry himself about it on account of much *closer* dangers. "Who are you and why have you been watching us?," Raclaw began to say with caution as he positioned himself over Chester as if to protect him. He could begin to sense of the new creature's raw instincts and feelings-- uncertainty around the them or perhaps the ship as a whole, the need to hunt and to survive, and the obvious desire to get closer... to Chester. As the sensitive Fur Dragon began to feel these things, he kept his senses open and was prepared to make use of the sight if need be. Hopefully they could reason with the creature, just as they had done with gryphon prior and even before than.
---
#691 Posted: 21:18:04 17/04/2019
Back at the obelisk, the bolts were drawn into the structure. The worship intensified as the elves became rejuvenated with the presence of the lightning, and the bodies became completely overgrown as nature reclaimed them. The sermon attendees carried on, as the priest used the opportunity to further direct them and stoke their devotion.
"False gods seek to disrupt the sermon. They fear the one true god! They would have you cower and force tribute from you! But, my brothers and sisters! True loyalty cannot be created with fear. It must be freely given! Ishulgu seeks not to force your loyalty - he is here for you, and will earn your devotion!"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#692 Posted: 21:42:43 17/04/2019
The creature could sense something was wrong, but didn't immediately responded. It didn't answer Raclaw's question, and instead began circling them, trying to find a weak point. Those souless eyes drifted between the fluffy pair and the sky, starting to believe the vessel and it's ocupants have brought bad luck to it's dear island. But it was too late now. They were in it's land, and whatever it wanted, it believed it had a right to it, no matter the circumstances...

Angora paced around the ship, suddenly feeling very uneasy. It must be the island. It was most likely supernatural, like practically the entire Falcon's Beak. She could see from the distance Shade getting restless as well, and despite desiring to be there with him, she was still to afraid of Sere to do anything. Maverick was with Ilasi, which meant he wasn't discussing her punishment. Was Sere thinking of the decision all by himself? Angora was terrified to think that as soon as he exited his office, he was going to tell her she would be marooned on that creepy place, with it's now changing weather and hostile creatures...
---
#693 Posted: 22:15:19 17/04/2019
Back at the arena, the floor was clear - save for a single wooden pole in the center. As one of the many portcullises opened, two human guards dragged out an elven prisoner - dressed in typical Aelinonian civilian clothing. There were uproarious cheers from the crowd as the captive was tied up to the pole.
Once that was done, the guards reverently turned to the balcony, where the king and his royal guard rested. The king waited for the crowd to quiet down before handing down his judgment.
"You are a disgrace to us and your people," the king called out. "Attempting to poison the water supply with nightshade? Seriously? Be a little more original. You could at the very least be smart enough to be aware that merfolk carefully monitor that sort of thing, and don't particularly appreciate others attempting to ruin their water.
"You have won nothing but our wrath. Your prize? Death by immolation. You won't even get the honor of a name or a chance to fight for your freedom - only pain for the rest of your life."
With the king having handed down his judgment, the guards poured oil over the elf as the crowd grew louder and louder, and an archer lit a clothed arrow. The archer fired the arrow, hitting the elf, who soon burst into flames, as the air erupted in cheers and his screams of pain.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#694 Posted: 22:37:12 17/04/2019
Even from there, Huntress could hear the very distant cheers from the crowd. She could've chosen to be there, but she instead decided to help with the behemoths. She wasn't a fan of the immolation method, since that meant the lack of an entertaining fight, but also because it was a body the behemoths didn't get. She was fond of the gigantic beings, so she wanted them to be as happy as possible.

By this time, Angora couldn't take it anymore. Hiding among some barrels, she talked to the orb again, desperate for answers.
"Tell me the truth sir. Is... Is this the island where we're suppose to meet?" she asked, stopping rather abruptly. She wanted to ask more questions, but she wanted to keep things brief and quick.
---
#695 Posted: 22:48:14 17/04/2019
Quote:
The creature could sense something was wrong, but didn't immediately responded. It didn't answer Raclaw's question, and instead began circling them, trying to find a weak point. Those souless eyes drifted between the fluffy pair and the sky, starting to believe the vessel and it's ocupants have brought bad luck to it's dear island. But it was too late now. They were in it's land, and whatever it wanted, it believed it had a right to it, no matter the circumstances...

As the creature began to circle-- it's intentions soon became very obvious. It had seen them as *food* and was no doubt looking for a weak spot. "Chester, stay under me.," Raclaw began to say as he expanded his tail spikes and placed himself in a defensive position. "Creature-- I don't know who or what you are, but we don't want to hurt you. We are not food and we don't plan to stay here long. Just leave us in peace and we will do the same to you.," he then said using both telepathy and his own voice to ensure that the creature understood him.
---
#696 Posted: 23:15:12 17/04/2019
The orb remained dormant; it did not seem to be receptive to Angora's request at the moment. Whatever the plan was, Angora would most likely have to find out at a later time.

Leoquin had nothing to do immediately at the moment; he left to attend to various repairs, specifically the underside which would be difficult for others to conduct repairs on. Veris, meanwhile, was calm once again; though he wasn't immediately attended to, he could hear the others outside, and the storm seemed to have subsided.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#697 Posted: 23:37:36 17/04/2019
The last sentence finally got the creature to react. It's eyes had changed into more attentive ones.
"Leave?" it repeated in the raspy and almost unintelligent voice it replied to Shade earlier.
"MY... home. MY... rules. All... mine." it continued, not taking very kindly to Raclaw saying that he should leave when this island has been it's home since day one. It infuriated the creature to know Raclaw and his group of invaders thought they had any rights in a place they have barely touched.

The orb remained dormant; it did not seem to be receptive to Angora's request at the moment. Whatever the plan was, Angora would most likely have to find out at a later time.

Angora was disappointed by the lack of response, hating when the stranger ignored her. Pacing around was making her nervous. She had to distract herself somehow. What if she could befriend somebody, like Risar? Or maybe even Leoquin... no, not him. He hated her. And Risar was likely going to be busy. Everyone else was either on the island or working at the ship. She had no tasks. And Maverick was still with Ilasi, and probably was going to be with her for a long while.

Then at that moment, she knew what to do. Who liked her enough and consoled her in the last without saying a word; Veris. She could be with Dahlia, but the dirt buffalo wasn't that fond of her yet. Sand Dune and his friends were probably in prison again, and she wanted some time off away from there. The wyvern was her best bet. She went to the food storage and got some raw ham from the place about her size, hiding it behind her when she opened the door to the enclosure.
"Hello Veris. It's... your own pal Angora. I figured you're lonely. Well, I am too." she greeted rather gloomily, believing Veris felt the same way when he was locked up in that enclosure with nobody as company. They could do each other a favor this way.
---
#698 Posted: 23:49:23 17/04/2019
"Please-- we are not here to invade and we are not here to conquer. We have no desire to take over your island. We merely wish to repair our ship and to leave in peace. Chester here is a friend-- don't harm him and we won't harm you. I promise you.. we are only here for our ship and we will be on our merry way.," Raclaw began to say again as he prepared himself for any potential reaction. For now, no-one had been harmed yet and there was still hope for peace. He briefly read the creature's surface thoughts as he spoke; it didn't matter though. It was clear as day that the creature had seen them as *conquerors* and that it was afraid for its self-claimed 'home.'
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 23:53:18 17/04/2019 by redwes
#699 Posted: 00:06:07 18/04/2019
Back at Redwater, many citizens were going about their normal business, despite the circumstances. A certain insectoid priest walked the streets; even with some disillusioned with the constant conflict, finding those in Redwater who were willing to listen was much harder than elsewhere. Life for many was satisfactory, and they followed their orders with little to no question. Despite that, however, he was not completely unsuccessful; those he could show the way here would prove to be very important for leading others later.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#700 Posted: 01:51:34 18/04/2019
Quote: redwes
"Please-- we are not here to invade and we are not here to conquer. We have no desire to take over your island. We merely wish to repair our ship and to leave in peace. Chester here is a friend-- don't harm him and we won't harm you. I promise you.. we are only here for our ship and we will be on our merry way.," Raclaw began to say again as he prepared himself for any potential reaction. For now, no-one had been harmed yet and there was still hope for peace. He briefly read the creature's surface thoughts as he spoke; it didn't matter though. It was clear as day that the creature had seen them as *conquerors* and that it was afraid for its self-claimed 'home.'

The iguanameleon stopped circling and remained still. There was that word again. Friend. The other dragon used it as well. It seemed to be famous wherever it come from. But it didn't care for that word or whatever it meant. There was only one thing it wanted... or various things. But then again, perhaps there was an advantage to this.
"Bring... one that... looks... like... fluffier... and softier... him." the creature tried to say as quickly as possible, still wanting Chester as well, but almost tempted to spare him if he could have Maverick.
---
First | Previous | Page 14 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me