Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private)
First | Previous | Page 13 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 48 49 50
Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private) [CLOSED]
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#601 Posted: 20:49:55 09/04/2019
As the boat rocked back and forth, Veris let out a panicked shriek, having absolutely no idea about the chaos outside. Why Shade didn't attempt to go into the wyvern pen was something Sere couldn't bother to concern himself with at the moment. His entire focus was on maneuvering the ship out of danger. The end of the storm clouds could be seen - they were approaching the sunny sky more and more. They just had to hold on a bit longer - the hail seemed to have subsided for now, once again being replaced by a torrential downpour of rain.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#602 Posted: 21:33:06 09/04/2019
Angora had been trying some tricks with Sand Dune's cards, when she was forced to statch them away when the rocking of the ship became too violent. While she did believe she was safer there, she also felt so useless for being there without doing anything to help anybody. With her keen ears, she managed to hear Veris shrieking at the distance, and wished she could at least be there for him. If she had to be locked up, she wouldn't have minded being there with him. Although she would've missed her new trio of friends. She was starting to miss them already, and was very worried about them being in whatever awful storm was out there...

Dahlia was another one who wasn't having a good time. While she remained quiet and submissive ever since Maverick went missing, she was now finally beginning to worry as well. The storm that was out there was NOT normal. She could sense it. It was strong and relentless. When she heard Veris roaring nearby, it didn't help her nerves. She tried to avoid sliding off the floor with the ship's movements, but hooves didn't make very good hooks, so she unfortunately crashed with every wall of her enclosure whenever the big vessel did one of it's harsh turns.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#603 Posted: 22:59:32 09/04/2019
As the boat rocked-- Raclaw followed Risar's advice and braced for impact, using his claws to grip onto the nearest surface. He kept Chester tightly secured in his tail preventing the little Beagle from slipping or falling. His 'double-secure' harness system on his back would've perhaps been more ideal, but they didn't have much time before the next waves hit and kept hitting. Risar braced as best as he could, retaining a strong grip on a sturdy nearby supporting beam. The men that came with them would do the same bracing against whatever wall, beam, or other part of the ship so long as it was secure. "How much longer do you think this is going to last?!," one of the men asked having chosen a rather poor section of the ship to brace themselves against. It was an narrow beam that looked like it could break at any moment. Chester whined slightly, but knew that Raclaw or the others wouldn't let anything happen to him.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8581
#604 Posted: 23:19:52 09/04/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade eventually made his way to the wyvern pen and hunkered down near Veris. “Easy Veris we’ll make it.”
---
SC
#605 Posted: 04:36:43 10/04/2019
There was nothing left to be done but hold on as the boat was tossed about back and forth. As the wind pressed on unrelentingly, another lightning rod fell with a loud clang - the only one still up was the one that was repaired earlier. It had to hold. It had to...
All the crew inside could do was tensely wait. They would patch up holes where they occured, though there was less of that with the hail gone. Besides that, there was little to do but bear the waves as Sere tried desperately to keep the ship on track...
"We must press forward."

It seemed that the chaos would never end. But after what seemed like an eternity, the waves slowly began to die down, as the downpour slowed to a drizzle. There was an island looming over the horizon; the sun was now in full sight; the storm clouds were turning into a sight behind Sere, who was by now completely exhausted. He couldn't show any form of weakness in front of his crew, however. He needed to maintain their respect, and that included maintaining an image. Grimbane was lost to the depths; but nothing could be done to help that.
Eventually, the storm would subside (or rather, the ship would pass it) to the point where there was no further danger to the ship or the personnel on board. All that was left was to reach the island and take the time to recover.

As the ferret burrowed into the rabbit hole near Maverick, a few rabbits would come running out, all of which were soon met by a throwing knife from wooded cover. With no more rabbits coming out, a rugged man dressed in the pelt of at least one type of creature, possibly more due to its irregular pattern, revealed himself as he whistled, calling the ferret back to him. He either didn't immediately notice Maverick or wasn't completely concerned by the newcomer.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#606 Posted: 04:57:15 10/04/2019
As the waves finally died down-- an eerie silence filled the hallways. Whereas before there was clashing, clanking, and the 'heavy' noise of endless rain; only the sound of relieved men could now be heard. "Is.. is it over?," Chester barked audible to Raclaw and Latnok. "Yes-- I believe it is.," Raclaw said as he began to release his grip on his furry friend. "The storm-- the storm is behind us!," one of the pirated shouted in joy as they ran to the nearest window to confirm that indeed they had finally sailed past it. The new island wasn't immediately visible from the view.

"Men-- is everyone alright? Anyone injured?," Risar shouted his loud *minotaur* voice audible to all pirates and prisoners alike. He couldn't administer any first himself, but he could direct any injured to Illassi or someone else suitable. Raclaw looked at Latnok and gave a slight smile, pleased to see the Guardian was seemingly no worse for wear. Indeed-- many of the men were very fortunate, although the fates of the 'volunteer' prisoners weren't immediately known. At the very least, the ship had survived and any damage could be repaired... within reason of course.
---
#607 Posted: 05:22:01 10/04/2019
"My friends could use some help." Opium said to the minotaur, trying to approach him with all the cluster of people. Random had let go of Shade's paw as soon as he entered to head to the wyvern's pen. He looked rather disoriented, losing blood from the wound the falling rods. Sand Dune wasn't bleeding, but his arm have seen better days. He feared it could be a bone fracture, or maybe even internal bleeding. He didn't know if the captain would go as far as to let prisoners like them be medically assisted, but Opium was certainly trying.

I'm the cell, Angora could feel the calmness. Seems like they were finally free of the storm, but not even the new calmness was enough to help her nerves. Being locked up for what was a minor crime to her was getting on her nerves.
"Ugh! This is too much! When will he let me out?" Angora said in frustration, referring to Sere. She was talking to herself rather than the orb, feeling so alone in this place. She felt like she could lose her very sanity if she wasn't released soon.

Quote: A Guy
As the ferret burrowed into the rabbit hole near Maverick, a few rabbits would come running out, all of which were soon met by a throwing knife from wooded cover. With no more rabbits coming out, a rugged man dressed in the pelt of at least one type of creature, possibly more due to its irregular pattern, revealed himself as he whistled, calling the ferret back to him. He either didn't immediately notice Maverick or wasn't completely concerned by the newcomer.

The throwing knives added with the whistling gave away the stranger's position. There was civilization after all? Or was this a hermit? The seemingly human figure looked rather intimidating, so Maverick wanted to avoid contact with him, but this place could he huge, so he decided to take a risk. He put the saber away to avoid looking hostile, though he was ready to get it out again if it was absolutely necessary. With some hesitation, he approached the stranger.
"Pardon me. Permiso. Señor, do you know where I can find the shore?" he asked politely and meekly, not getting too close to him. Maverick wanted to be polite, but he was ready for a fight in case this individual wasn't so nice. After his experience with the thug from Orcford, he k ew that talking and being kind was sometimes not enough. Still, for now, he acted like a gentleman in front of the rabbit hunter.
---
#608 Posted: 10:16:01 10/04/2019 | Topic Creator
“”Risar! I have an injured sailor here with me!” He called out hearing the minotaur. Shade then looked at Random. “Easy keep pressure on the wound.”
---
SC
#609 Posted: 17:09:52 10/04/2019
The root that Darkheart was led to would open widely to allow her entry. Once she was in, it would close, moving her via peristalsis.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#610 Posted: 18:28:03 10/04/2019
Back at Redwater, Huntress saddle the horse the guards decided to gift her, taking a rest at the lake where she first met the three men. Sometimes she wished Blue would just show up to her to at least confirm his existence and explain to her why he made her waste her time tracking him down. But that was on,y wishful thinking. For now, all she cared about was take some time off. A moment of relaxation and far away from the crazy mess Redwater was at the moment.

Quote: Spyroconvexity
“”Risar! I have an injured sailor here with me!” He called out hearing the minotaur. Shade then looked at Random. “Easy keep pressure on the wound.”

The former pirates were very confused by the black dragon, and a talking one no less. But Guardians were notorious for taming and controlling very wild beasts. They started to wonder if this was the Scourge of Redwater they have heard about so much, but it was hard to imagine this polite creature could be so dangerous. Perhaps by accident given his size only could cause a lot of damage. Or the fire.
---
#611 Posted: 19:00:11 10/04/2019
OOC: It was typo'd in my PM, but you really should check Discord DD. Don't be afraid to speak up or even to PM us. We'll listen. smilie

"Hmm...," Risar grunted seemingly inspecting the priosoners' visible wounds upon Oprium's request. "You there-- Langdon! Go get Illassi and tell them to come here. We could use their medical assistance.," the large minotaur then orders as the crew member ran off towards Illassi's door. "You three-- don't move and keep pressure on your wounds.," Risar then said as he glanced over the others that showed up. The crew members didn't seem any worse for wear, besides from maybe a minor bruise or two. Soon Langdon could be heard knocking on Illassi's door.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:03:48 10/04/2019 by redwes
#612 Posted: 20:08:13 10/04/2019
The hunter gave Maverick a quizzical look. "Where is... the shore? Uh... it's in the same place it's always been, brother... why wouldn't it be?" he asked. "Unless you've lost your memory recently..." The hunter grabbed the rabbit corpses, stuffing them into a sack, as his ferret came to him.

The weather was now completely back to normal, with the storm clouds far in the distance. The deck and the rest of the ship were safe once more.
With the weather having calmed down, Leoquin came back onto the deck, of his own volition. There Sere remained, at the wheel. "Captain! You're still alive!" he called out.
"Did you ever doubt me for a moment? Now take over navigation and get us to the shore," Sere ordered. "I have preparations to make." Leoquin would obey, taking the wheel as Sere left.

Ilasi could do nothing but sit around as the ship was finally clear. They had gotten past this storm... but at a price. All of those men devoured by those bug creatures... and Maverick. He was taken away, for gods know what reason. Was he even alive at this point? As much as Ilasi wanted to be able to stay strong and move on... she couldn't. She just couldn't.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#613 Posted: 20:21:34 10/04/2019
"Ilasi? Ilasi..? I'm sorry to bother you, but Risar has requested your presence. It's the prisoners-- some of them were hurt and they could use your medical expertise.," Langdon said as his initial knocks got no response. Meanwhile, Raclaw relaxed next to Latnok as the beloved Guardian took advantage of the new silence. And elsewhere, some of the crew members had began new repairs or had continued working on a pre-existing repair job. Chester rested between Raclaw and Latnok, accepting attention from ether of his two companions.
---
#614 Posted: 21:10:03 10/04/2019
Meanwhile, Angora proceeded to build shapes with Sand Dune's cards, peeking from her cell to see if Risar or anybody else would appear from that door to either return her companions or indicate her they'll be free at last.the three former pirates were very pleasant, although she started to wonder if they were faking it in order to be released. But whatever the case, she did enjoyed their company, and was desperate to know when will she earn her freedom.

The hunter gave Maverick a quizzical look. "Where is... the shore? Uh... it's in the same place it's always been, brother... why wouldn't it be?" he asked. "Unless you've lost your memory recently..." The hunter grabbed the rabbit corpses, stuffing them into a sack, as his ferret came to him..

Maverick nodded with embarrassment, confirming his suspiscions.
"Not sure what happened. One minute I'm in the middle of a storm, next thing I'm here. Almost as in the blink of an eye. Guess I hurt my head or something and isn't letting me remember." Maverick speculated, waiting for the stranger to point him the right way so he can leave and not waste any more of the stranger's time, although he wondered if the man would decide to follow him or if he was pleased with the life he had here.
---
#615 Posted: 21:13:05 10/04/2019 | Topic Creator
Meanwhile the thunderbird remained behind in the storm. She was searching for who was creating the storm. Her natural ability to control and harness the power of lightning made her immune to it. “You cowards are going to hear from me when I find you.”
---
SC
#616 Posted: 22:04:40 10/04/2019
Ilasi got out of her slouch and reluctantly came to the door. "Coming..." she said, disheartened, as she approached. She opened the door, ready to follow Langdon. Despite her mood, she still had a job to do, and people were still in need - no doubt they would be after the storm.

The hunter gave Maverick a disapproving look. "Storm? You should know by now that going into the storm is suicide. None of us are 'bout ta leave these islands, regardless of whatever pie-in-the-sky dreams a young man like yerself may have... Why would you do that? And how did ya make it back here?" The man was more confused than ever, not being able to comprehend Maverick's current predicament.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#617 Posted: 00:06:07 11/04/2019
Maverick tried very hard to think on what to reply to him, but not even he had the answer to those questions.
"Listen señor. I don't know any better than you do. All I know is that I somehow got into this island and probably suffering from amnesia. What I do know however is that I have a family that are probably worried sick about me, and I have to try to find them. As beautiful as this island is, I can't stay. If you could por favor point me to shore and I promise I won't waste any more of your valuable time." Maverick assured, now very concerned with what this man was saying. Just how long has he been on this island? Was it possible that he was trapped there as well? No, he couldn't. He had to find his ship and return to his friends and girlfriend.

Ilasi got out of her slouch and reluctantly came to the door. "Coming..." she said, disheartened, as she approached. She opened the door, ready to follow Langdon. Despite her mood, she still had a job to do, and people were still in need - no doubt they would be after the storm.

The three men waited patiently for Ilasi to treat her, being very respectful to her. One would think they were anything but pirates. As beautiful as they found her, they treated her with respect, and avoided the temptation of flirting with her.
---
#618 Posted: 01:01:36 11/04/2019
For what would seem like centuries, Darkheart, and those who followed her, would be moved through the roots by its peristaltic motions. The priest accompanied them, making special observation of the otherworldly creatures in attendance.
"My name is Cernentium," he said. "I am one representative of the Ishulgites - a group which seeks to create a better world, a world with a god who serves the people. We have false gods who demand the worship of others, who watch with indifference as many innocent people are killed in wars and natural disasters - only intervening when there is something they take a personal interest in. And is that right? Should the most powerful not seek to assist those with less power?
"We have been taking steps to facilitate these goals. Slowly but surely, we grow more powerful, bringing many into the fold, as they grow discontented with the current state of affairs and see the truth behind our vision. For this isn't just mindless babbling; our actions are tangible, and our strength can be measured."

The hunter lowered his head, thinking for a few moments before bringing it back up again. "Oh, I see... so yer not from this island? How did ye get here?" he asked. "We have been stuck on this island for... well, the gods know how long. Long enough ta build a self-sustainin' civilization. So a grown man not knowing the way 'round here... it's not somethin' we're accustomed to. Anyway, just keep heading southwest, and ye'll hit the shore. Dunno how ya intend to get a boat, though."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#619 Posted: 02:10:54 11/04/2019
At the other side of the lake, Huntress could see some weird movements from the ground. Sort of like... tentacles? She walked around the body of water to see what it was... but there was no traces of it. Could it possibly be... Silvianesti magic?
"Listen to me! You better not do anything! This is sacred ground! You'd be cursed." she yelled in a rough yet battens matter, trying to bluff her way out of the situation. Silvianesti were known to mphave mysterious ground and earth magic, so whatever she saw, she was certain it came from the soil...

The hunter lowered his head, thinking for a few moments before bringing it back up again. "Oh, I see... so yer not from this island? How did ye get here?" he asked. "We have been stuck on this island for... well, the gods know how long. Long enough ta build a self-sustainin' civilization. So a grown man not knowing the way 'round here... it's not somethin' we're accustomed to. Anyway, just keep heading southwest, and ye'll hit the shore. Dunno how ya intend to get a boat, though."

"I'll manage. Gracias for the information señor." Maverick replied, heading to the direction the man pointed to. Despite the hospitality, Maverick didn't lower his guard, and was ready to defend himself in case this stranger wasn't so hospitable. He has been in so much trouble in the past expecting the good in everybody that he didn't want to be seen as a weakling and easy target.

A few minutes walking and everything seemed fine, when Maverick faced what looked like a green tree trunk... with spikes? The 'trunk' suddenly moved, revealing it to be what looked like a giant iguana with chameleon like eyes. It was twice the size of Raclaw in both height and width, bigger if the tail was counted. If it hadn't moved, Maverick wouldn't have noticed it. It's scales were exactly the color of the foliage.
"Easy there. Just passing through..." he said to the animal, his hand in the hyperspace bag ready to draw a weapon if the iguana left him no choice. An iguana was mostly vegetarian, but one this size could have a more expanded diet. His fears were confirmed when the giant animal suddenly retracted it's tongue right towards Maverick, without even giving him a chance to react. He became paralyzed with the sudden attack... but thankfully, the iguana didn't aim at him. It's tongue grabbed a bug the size of Maverick's head that buzzed right above him, it's real target. Maverick was relieved, but his heart raised from the fright.
"A bug eater. Whew..." he said with a deep breath, believing the iguana wasn't interested in him. It was shortly afterwards that he saw the animal wrap it's tongue around a rabbit's neck that Maverick became alarmed. The big eared critter was wrapped into unconsciousness and them swallowed alive, prompting Maverick to accelerate his pace now that it has seen how varied it's diet was. The faun man continued walking, with the iguana not moving. It didn't seem interested in him after all.

The sound of the waves made Maverick ecstatic. He was getting close at last. He went almost running when a rustling behind him startled him.
"Señor? Is that you?" he asked, believing he had been followed by the hermit. Turned out he was half right. He was being followed, though not by whom he believed. Another movement and there it was, the giant iguana again.
"Hey! What are you doing? Get out! Shoo! Leave me alone!" Maverick yelled at the creature, startled by the fact that he didn't hear it following him until now. That was some deadly camouflage. The animal simply responded by going closer, at a very slow yet steady rate. He didn't know whether the creature simply liked him or if was studying if he was prey, but nevertheless, Maverick didn't want to find out. The iguana scared him, so that was a company he didn't want. He grabbed a giant stick and pointed it at the animal, and it seemed to do the trick. Maverick headed to the beach, hoping that's where the creature drew the line. It didn't have any camouflage with the sand, did it?
---
#620 Posted: 02:21:38 11/04/2019

Langdon would soon lead Illasi to the prisoners and would step back to allow the mermaid to do her work. He didn't particularly care about the prisoners, but it also wasn't his job to. "Are you alright, miss?," the younger looking crew member asked before turning the corner to where the prisoners awaited them.
---
#621 Posted: 13:13:02 11/04/2019
Ilasi gave out a sigh. "I'm fine... nothing to worry about," she said. "I can still do my job." She would soon see the prisoners - two with clear injuries - and get right to work.
"Well, gentlemen, I just need to do some triage and I'll take care of you," she said. "Please, just relax while I examine you..."

Latnok sat down, petting Chester as he took a break from the exhausting task of doing repairs while maintaining his footing. The sailor due for execution didn't survive - Latnok did what he could, but the job was risky.
"So, Raclaw," Latnok said, "ready to find your parents? I wonder what awaits us here - hopefully no more of the ishiuds, but I won't count on that." The ishiuds were a tenacious foe, seemingly becoming stronger - or at least more prepared - every battle. Latnok could only wonder what their motive was.

Meanwhile, Leoquin was moving the battered ship, with sights set on the shore. There was no dock, though perhaps a small boat or two was visible. This was it - this is where they were looking to complete their mission.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#622 Posted: 14:21:23 11/04/2019
When Maverick reached the beach, he was surprised the the tranquility of it. The sand was white, and the beach was clean. He looked behind him when he heard a noise, but nothing was there. He hoped the iguana thing had retreated into the woods and had finally left him alone. Maverick looked at the horizon again, only to see something moving. It was still very far, but it was a ship. No doubt about that. It had to be the Enduring Legacy. It had to. How many other ships would venture into an archipelago as dangerous as that one?
"Hey! Hey! Over here! I'm here!" Maverick yelled as he waved his arms, hoping to be spotted. For a moment, he believed he was going to find the Enduring Legacy crashed at the shore, but it looked like it was in fine shape, and very far away. So how did he got lost in that place? Maverick was very confused, but still maintained the theory that he was flown, or maybe even magically transported there. There was no other explanation to the lack of footprints to where he was. As he waved his arms to get the attention, a certain creature was behind him, with the same color as the sand...

Ilasi gave out a sigh. "I'm fine... nothing to worry about," she said. "I can still do my job." She would soon see the prisoners - two with clear injuries - and get right to work.
"Well, gentlemen, I just need to do some triage and I'll take care of you," she said. "Please, just relax while I examine you..."

While Random was still bleeding, he insisted to Ilasi to attend to Sand Dune's broken arm first.
"It's alright Random my mate. You go first. You need to stop that bleeding. If you could please miss?" Sand Dune said very politely, wanting the first priority to be stop the bleeding. Random was looking pale, so he believed he was the most important case to get to first.
---
#623 Posted: 15:45:27 11/04/2019
Leoquin kept the ship headed forward. At this point, Maverick wasn't visible enough to even make him consider using a telescope. Well, one thing was for sure - all of this would certainly be some good experience. It was a real shame that the Scourge of Redwater didn't fall overboard or something like that - even if he was useful for maybe a moment to save the former pirate.

The two made the choice for Ilasi rather easy, though it didn't particularly take her long to identify the wounds they each suffered. Reaching into her bag of medical supplies, she pulled out a cloth and a bottle of clear fluid - alcohol. Dipping the cloth into the alcohol, she brought it to Random's wound. "Hang on a minute," she said. "This'll sting a bit - then I can patch you up."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#624 Posted: 16:14:02 11/04/2019
The mute pirate only did a frown when the alcohol was poured. Not that he had much voice to scream with. He remained still, having gone through worse pain than this. Sand Dune remained on the side, sitting on the floor while his friend was attended. He patiently waited his turn, not daring to touch his arm in fear he would make things worse.

Leoquin kept the ship headed forward. At this point, Maverick wasn't visible enough to even make him consider using a telescope. Well, one thing was for sure - all of this would certainly be some good experience. It was a real shame that the Scourge of Redwater didn't fall overboard or something like that - even if he was useful for maybe a moment to save the former pirate.

Maverick continued flailing his arms, when a breathing behind his neck startled him. He took a few steps forwards and turn around, and found out to his shock the giant iguana, as white as the sand. It looked like it had more in common with chameleons than just the eyes.
"You again!? Come on, just leave me alone!" Maverick demanded, very creeped out by this creature. He didn't know if it was just another Dahlia who liked him, but with the way this animal was looking at him, he couldn't help but to think that his stalking was a result of the reptile studying him to see if he should be considered prey. Like with the bug, the giant gave another demonstration of it's lethal hunting skills when it caught a seagull that came too close to the ground trying to catch a crab.

Maverick had enough of the show.
"Shoo! Shoo! Go on! Back to the woods! Por favor!" he said again, taking a handful of sand to throw it at the creature's face, but it's eyes simply sunk into it's skin, avoiding the sand from getting into it's eyes and then protuberating them again, continuing to eye Maverick in a very startling way. Now Maverick didn't dare to turn his back on it, fearing that it would attack that way. He wanted to take the saber out and cut the creature in order to make it go away, but he was worried that would simply make it defend itself and make things worse. He was at a loss on what to do...
---
#625 Posted: 16:38:09 11/04/2019

Latnok sat down, petting Chester as he took a break from the exhausting task of doing repairs while maintaining his footing. The sailor due for execution didn't survive - Latnok did what he could, but the job was risky.
"So, Raclaw," Latnok said, "ready to find your parents? I wonder what awaits us here - hopefully no more of the ishiuds, but I won't count on that." The ishiuds were a tenacious foe, seemingly becoming stronger - or at least more prepared - every battle. Latnok could only wonder what their motive was.

Langdon stepped back upon Ilasi reaching the prisoners and went off to resume repairs elsewhere. Risar kept an eye on the prisoners while the mermaid did her work, making sure that no-one tried anything. All things considered-- the prisoners were pretty well behaved, although he would still keep his guard up just in case. A prisoner was still a prisoner after all... and it was a prisoner's obligation to escape.

Meanwhile-- Chester enjoyed the petting as he always did, something the little dog had never expected to share in common with his Fur Dragon friend and master. "I.. I think I'm ready. I don't doubt that we'll find more of the ishiuds, but.. but it's time.," Raclaw said looking at Latnok with a smile. Darkheart was still out there somewhere and he couldn't predict what his parents might even think of him, but the search would finally be over. They had delayed, turned around, delayed again, and were finally making their way to Falcon's Beak. And in that time-- he had found Latnok, had found Darkheart, had given himself to Latnok, and had found a mate in Darkheart. There was only one way to find just how his parents would react and the wait would finally be over.
---
#626 Posted: 18:05:53 11/04/2019
With the wound cleaned up, Ilasi pulled something else from her pack - a bottle a little larger than a shot glass, with a blue liquid in it - a sedative. She handed the bottle to Sand Dune. "While I'm taking care of your friend, I'll need you to drink this," she said. "You'll want to be sleeping when I try to fix your shoulder." After leaving the bottle with Sand Dune, she took something else out of her bag - a bandage, with a light paste on it. She gently put it on Random's wound. "That's some enchanted starfish paste on that bandage," she said. "Keep it on, and it'll help patch up your wound."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#627 Posted: 18:31:49 11/04/2019
Maverick continued signaling the ship, with is back to the beach in order to keep an eye on his unwanted companion. Each time, Maverick would move around the beach to be away from the iguanameleon as he was calling it now, but the creature would always follow him, towering over him and not leaving him alone.
"Alright! This is getting ridiculous. Come on creature! What do you want with me?" Maverick asked, with the creature still staring at him with those creepy eyes, and belching feathers from the unfortunate seagull that became it's meal a few seconds ago. Maverick looked towards the woods, hoping the hermit that gave him directions could help him with this predicament, or at least explain why this beast wouldn't leave him alone.

With the wound cleaned up, Ilasi pulled something else from her pack - a bottle a little larger than a shot glass, with a blue liquid in it - a sedative. She handed the bottle to Sand Dune. "While I'm taking care of your friend, I'll need you to drink this," she said. "You'll want to be sleeping when I try to fix your shoulder." After leaving the bottle with Sand Dune, she took something else out of her bag - a bandage, with a light paste on it. She gently put it on Random's wound. "That's some enchanted starfish paste on that bandage," she said. "Keep it on, and it'll help patch up your wound."

Sand Dune obeyed Ilasi and drank the liquid, with a bit of hesitation. The taste wasn't horrible, but was still rather unpleasant. He waited for it to take effects, but it was taking a while. He tried to assist Ilasi however he could until he could fall asleep...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:21:14 13/04/2019 by Felines
#628 Posted: 20:13:52 11/04/2019
Over time, the ship approached closer and closer to the shore. Leoquin was eventually able to spot a figure on the shore - a man? He took out a telescope to get a closer look. It seemed to be a man wearing... some large pelt? He looked as hairy as Maverick, with whatever it was he was wearing. He did seem to have some sort of pet that was hard to make out, however. Must be one of the locals, Leoquin thought as the ship continued to approach the shore.

The brig door would suddenly open, with none other than Sere himself coming in. He wasted no timr beckoning to Angora. "This is your stop," he said wearily. "Get whatever possessions you have and get ready to disembark."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#629 Posted: 20:38:08 11/04/2019
The iguanameleon seemed to be intimidated by the approaching ship, so it left Maverick's size, though it stayed at the very edge of the foliage, still giving Maverick those creepy eyes. The beast didn't have any teeth or particularly giant claws, yet it still managed to be scary. Taking advantage of the break, Maverick flailed his arms even harder, indicating his presence. He didn't know if he had been spotted yet, but it was clear that the island itself was noticed given the ship seemed to be getting bigger. It had to be, the Enduring Legacy. He would see his friends again. Nothing was making him happier...

The brig door would suddenly open, with none other than Sere himself coming in. He wasted no time beckoning to Angora. "This is your stop," he said wearily. "Get whatever possessions you have and get ready to disembark."

"Disembark? Are we... resting somewhere? Or..." Angora then stopped, fearing to ask the next question. Saying your and telling her to get her possessions really sounded like he was going to leave her on whatever island they just encountered. Did Sere really came to that decision? Was he really that cruel? That... evil?
---
#630 Posted: 23:02:35 11/04/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade would look over the side of the ship looking at the island and soon he himself saw a figure waving his hands in the air. “I....is that.....Maverick?! Maverick!! He’s alive! He’s alive!” Shade hopped around and spun around in joy and happiness. He wanted to fly off and meet him but knew he couldn’t unless he wanted punishment.
---
SC
#631 Posted: 13:07:58 12/04/2019
Sere gave Angora a blank, tired stare. "You part from the rest of us here," he informed her. "You have seen what actions like yours can cause. Without Maverick present - which itself was caused by an attitude like yours - there is no one to encourage any sort of rational, non-emotional thinking in you. Your presence on my ship would be a danger to my men and the voyage. Now get ready. Don't force me to drag you off the ship." Sere's exhaustion was clear, yet he took no opportunity for a break - unlike Laszur, who was passed out in the grounding room for the lightning rods after all of the effort maintaining the spell.

It took a while, but Leoquin was eventually able to confirm Shade's statement as the ship began to near the shore - it was indeed Maverick out there. Or was it...? They saw him taken away with their own eyes. It could be a lookalike. Why would those bug monsters leave him out in the middle of nowhere? But then, who would copy his appearance this far out?

Ilasi, meanwhile, waited patiently for the sedative to kick in on Sand Dune. The work she needed to do could be very painful - with the time it was taking, though, perhaps the prisoner needed a bigger dose of sedative?
---
I'm just... a guy...
#632 Posted: 15:22:12 12/04/2019
Sand Dune was dozing off, but was still awake.
"Not to worry miss. Wait a little while. My body is... slow." he said with a yawn and half closed eyes, wanting Ilasi to know it was his anatomy and not her medicine that was failing.

Quote: Spyroconvexity
Shade would look over the side of the ship looking at the island and soon he himself saw a figure waving his hands in the air. “I....is that.....Maverick?! Maverick!! He’s alive! He’s alive!” Shade hopped around and spun around in joy and happiness. He wanted to fly off and meet him but knew he couldn’t unless he wanted punishment.

Maverick could see the ship getting closer, although he couldn't hear Shade. When he saw the black mass above it, he was certain it was the dragolet, and was becoming overly exited. He jumped around to keep letting them know about him. His exitement didn't last long when suddenly, something long and sticky surrounded his neck. Maverick was then dragged along the beach, and when he turned around, he found to his horror it was the creature that had been stalking him all this time. It didn't want a companion. It didn't follow him because it liked him. It had been following him cause it was testing if he should be considered prey, and with Maverick so close to rescue, it made it's decision.

Maverick couldn't believe his bad luck. The ship was finally closing in, and he was going to be eaten before the vessel could reach him. The hybrid grabbed the sand in an attempt to go away, but the creature continued dragging him very close to it's maw, ready to swallow him like the bug, rabbit and bird before him. Maverick reached into it's bag, but then he lost it, adding to his bad luck. But finally with good luck, he managed to grab the handle of the bag with his feet, taking the sabre out when his feet left the sand. The giant iguanameleon was inches away from devouring him when Maverick cut it's tongue, releasing himself but still with the tongue choking him. Very little blood came from the cut organ, but since Maverick fought back, the creature retreated into the woods, not looking wounded but nevertheless defeated.

Maverick untied the tongue from around his neck, still squirming when he released it. What a terrifying, unpleasant experience! Maverick hoped nobody noticed the humiliating and near tragic display. He felt rather bad for the creature, but it left him no choice.

Sere gave Angora a blank, tired stare. "You part from the rest of us here," he informed her. "You have seen what actions like yours can cause. Without Maverick present - which itself was caused by an attitude like yours - there is no one to encourage any sort of rational, non-emotional thinking in you. Your presence on my ship would be a danger to my men and the voyage. Now get ready. Don't force me to drag you off the ship." Sere's exhaustion was clear, yet he took no opportunity for a break - unlike Laszur, who was passed out in the grounding room for the lightning rods after all of the effort maintaining the spell.

Angora wanted to be shocked by Sere's decision, but she wasn't. He has become such a cruel man, that such action was predictable and expected.
"So made the decision, huh? Just like that." Angora said with a single tear falling, prompting her to turn her back on him for a moment so he wouldn't see, and then drying it up with her hand.
"Fine! Just let me say goodbye to a few here..." she then requested, putting Sere to the test. She didn't care anymore about making him refuse his decision. She knew it would be a waste of breath trying to convince him, but it would be sickening if he didn't allowed a request like that. As Angora waited for an answer, she had to make a tremendous effort to avoid crying, it's angry and depressed for Sere to have come to such decision. It was bad enough that he was even considering it, but deciding to do it was a whole new level. Letting her marooned on an island to die. It was just evil, no different from a pirate.

But Angora wasn't going to let that discourage her. Somehow, she was going to get away from that island. Perhaps the stranger from the orb could help her, or if he couldn't reach her, then she would ask Orion to help her when he could. Or maybe that deity Maverick once told her about. Or maybe she could practice her magic and do it herself. With or without help, Angora was determined to survive as she always have, even with this man's constant attempt to slander her struggles.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:24:05 12/04/2019 by Felines
#633 Posted: 15:36:32 12/04/2019
Leoquin had put the telescope away shortly before Maverick's engagement with the giant chameleon, having gotten all of the information he needed. There was little doubt - that was Maverick out there. It had to be. He rushed into the ship with a purpose, getting directions from others as to Sere's current whereabouts.

"I'll give you until this ship hits the shore," Sere said. "After that, your presence here will no longer be warr-"
Leoquin came barging in, much to Sere's surprise. "Captain! We've spotted Maverick on the shore!" Leoquin excitedly informed Sere. "He seems to be trying to get our attention!"
Sere paused for several moments. "You... can't be serious?" he said, more as a question than an actual statement.
"Well, captain, if it isn't Maverick, it's a really damned good lookalike jumping around and waving at us like a lunatic for no apparent reason," Leoquin said, trying to keep sarcasm out of his voice.
Sere gave a short sigh, putting his head down for a few moments before looking at Angora. "Follow me..." he instructed her, as he led the way to the bow of the ship.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#634 Posted: 16:22:14 12/04/2019
Angora's mood changed as fast as a mimic octopus changes it's colors. She has been hinted at Maverick still being alive, but she hasn't been completely certain. Her whole demeanor changed into a more positive light. Even her eyes were glistening. She followed Sere, not completely forgetting about what he just said to her, but being too happy about seeing Maverick again that she wasn't even caring at the moment. Maverick being alive was the greatest news ever.

Leoquin had put the telescope away shortly before Maverick's engagement with the giant chameleon, having gotten all of the information he needed. There was little doubt - that was Maverick out there. It had to be. He rushed into the ship with a purpose, getting directions from others as to Sere's current whereabouts.

Maverick continued waving, still wanting the ship to know his whereabouts. He wasn't certain if he was already being spotted, but it was clear that the Enduring Legacy was going to take a rest on the island regardless on whether or not he has been spotted already. As he waved, he continued looking at the edge of the woods, still terrified with the ordeal. Every rustling was making him nervous. He knew the giant iguana chameleon thing was still out there, and he feared it would return to try again. He was tempted to swim towards the ship in order to be away from that island once and for all, but he didn't want to risk the waters being infested with sharks or other forsaken creatures...

The beast had retreated into the woods, giving time for it's tongue to heal. It was growing back shortly but surely, like a lizard with it's tail, only much faster. It has given up on hunting Maverick... for now. It was learning, pondering what made it's prey fight back. It's tongue was strong enough to choke smaller creatures into unconsciousness, but Maverick was too big to choke. It would have to find another way...
---
#635 Posted: 23:49:20 12/04/2019
Back on the bow, the three had gathered by the approaching shore - and a quick view from a telescope would allow Sere to identify that the sight was indeed Maverick. "Well... by th egods, he's alive!" Sere exclaimed. "Excellent - we'll be ready to pick him up as soon as we arrive."
At the moment, Maverick was still too far away to be reached via Sere's telepathy. However, they did have something else that could address that problem. "Shade," Sere called. "Fly over to Maverick and inform him that we are coming over to pick him up."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#636 Posted: 00:13:16 13/04/2019
Angora was about to suggest something to Sere, but countless of bad experiences with him made her remain silent. The ship was going to rest at the island anyway, so there was no point in just telling Shade to bring Maverick over. He could wait, couldn't he?

By this time, Sand Dune was finally starting to fall asleep, with the medicine taking it's precious ti,e to take effect, but it was finally working.

While the ship was at eye's view, it was still too far away to come right away, so Maverick knew he had to wait. While the creature had left and was injured, he was still too paranoid believing it would return. He kept the sabre close in case he needed to defend himself again. He wanted to believe the beast had given up and has retreated into the woods for good, but given it could camouflage, he was too scared thinking that it was probably yards away from him, waiting for the perfect moment to strike again...
---
#637 Posted: 02:56:23 13/04/2019
"Is.. is that Maverick?," Raclaw thought out loud as he observed the new island alongside Latnok and Chester. Soon Shade could be seen flying towards the familiar hybrid, so the others were no doubt aware already. Risar briefly watched from nearby as he observed an ongoing repair.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:57:03 13/04/2019 by redwes
#638 Posted: 03:03:49 13/04/2019 | Topic Creator
“Yes sir!” Shade said happily. He then spread his wings and took off into the air. Within minutes he reached Maverick. “Maverick!!” He rushed towards him and playfully tackled him. Shade was gentle and then he licked him in excitement. “I’m so happy you’re alive! How did you survive the attack? Where did you go?”
---
SC
#639 Posted: 03:16:51 13/04/2019
Maverick was trying to escape the flurry of licks, but better that tongue than a certain other one.
"Attack!? Wait wait Oscurito, one step at a time! Let me breathe for a little while." Maverick asked calmly, trying to push Shade's snout out of the way to avoid the licks, but to no avail. With Shade's comment, now he felt like he has missed a lot. However, he was very happy and super relieved with the dragolet's presence, knowing that with this giant dragon around, the menacing lizard wouldn't dare to attack him.

Angora regretted not riding Shade to see Maverick herself, but knowing Sere, he was going to take the action the wrong way. What a pleasant coincidence was that the island where the ship was going to dock was the same where they would find Maverick, alive and well just as the stranger from the orb had hinted. But the moment was also bittersweet, since while Maverick would most likely return to his job, she would be dumped on that very island. Her only hope was for Sere to be in a better mood now that one of his most useful crewmember was found alive, or at least have Maverick convince him to desist from such a horrible decision.
---
#640 Posted: 03:22:30 13/04/2019 | Topic Creator
“Sorry, I’m just so happy you’re alive!” Shade said as he got off him and nuzzled him. “After those things took you we thought you were dead. But you’re alive and they are coming to get you.”
---
SC
#641 Posted: 03:31:16 13/04/2019
Now Maverick was convinced he missed on a lot. Just what could've happened that made everyone think he was dead?
"A ver a ver Oscurito, tell me exactly what happened. For how long have I been missing? Cause in all honesty, I don't even know what happened. I remember being on my way to help everyone on the main deck, and then I felt like I blinked, and found myself on this island. No footprints or anything to indicate how I even got here." Maverick explained calmly, theorizing in his mind that he fell overboard and was washed ashore on that island, though that still didn't explain how he got so far inland. It was something he was still trying to think about.
---
#642 Posted: 03:34:22 13/04/2019 | Topic Creator
“Some kind of swarm attacked us after the thunderbird tryed to help us through the storm. You were taken by them.” Shade nuzzled Maverick. “I’m so glad your alive.”
---
SC
#643 Posted: 03:47:17 13/04/2019
"A swarm?" Maverick asked, now more confused than ever. Swarm meant insects, or such creatures, and being carried off by so many little bugs (unless they weren't so little) sounded very bizzare and unlikely, but then again, this was Falcon's Beak. Everything that happens here isn't exactly normal.
"Well then, it's such a relief they only carried me off, huh? I wonder why they just dumped me here, but hey, at least they left me alive and that's what mattered. I wonder why though. They could've just returned me to the ship if they didn't mean any harm. Unless there was some sort of purpose?" Maverick thought out loud, wondering what was the deal with being abandoned here. Perhaps the swarm intended to devour him and he wasn't edible? It was a rather odd thought though, considering what he faced earlier, but even if he was curious with the mystery, he was still glad to be at Shade's presence.

"Well it doesn't matter now. It's nice to see you big guy. Can't wait to see Ilasi and Angorita again. And of course my precious Dahlia..." Maverick commented, giving Shade a few small pats on the snouts while avoiding falling backwards with his heavy nuzzling. But remembering Angora, he remembered her predicament, and could only hope she was out of imprisonment. Shade didn't say for how long he was missing, but he figured it must've been days, perhaps even weeks if he was this overly exiting.
---
#644 Posted: 03:51:51 13/04/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade purred in response and layed down for Maverick. He was unaware of the giant lizard in the area. He waited near Maverick until the ship would arrive.
---
SC
#645 Posted: 05:00:32 13/04/2019
Maverick could finally be at ease knowing Shade was there. He could easily overpower the iguanameleon if it dared to attack even with the dragolet there, though he would prefer if Shade would simply scared it off or slapped it away. Maverick would hate for him to use his fire or any of his powers and risk damaging the beautiful place.
"Listen Oscurito, I should warn you and the others, there's this giant iguana thing with chameleon eyes and tongue somewhere in those woods. Not bigger than you of course, but still dangerous. Not sure how many are there, but one almost made a meal out of me just a few minutes ago. Had to cut it's tongue to release myself, though I'm not entirely sure if it gave up. It retreated, but didn't even looked wounded." Maverick explained, knowing a warning was necessary to avoid any unwanted surprises. Maverick then pointed at the tongue still lying on the sand, and still squirming slightly. It was too much an unpleasant experience for him to want to remember, and while he wanted to leave the island right away, he knew the possibilities of the ship staying there were high. After all, after navigating such an intense storm anyone would want a rest from sea.

The woods were calm and tranquil. Not a soul to be seen, not even the hermit. Then, a rabbit was leaving it's burrow, giddily ready to feed itself... when it's throat felt thinner. It was as if it was being choked by a ghost. Loosening up a bit of it's camouflage was the creature, with a fully healed tongue and slightly stronger than before. It choked the rabbit into unconsciousness, dragging it into it's maw and making the critter disappear in a very quick gulp. The beast was still hungry, and with a very slow yet steady pace and a deadly camouflage, it made it's way to a certain beach, with only one goal in mind...
---
#646 Posted: 15:15:56 13/04/2019 | Topic Creator
“Don’t worry Maverick I’ll stay with you.” He then saw the creature. He growled a little giving it a warning. Shade wanted to avoid conflict as well but he would defend himself and others if needed. “Back off!” He warned the creature.
---
SC
#647 Posted: 16:39:34 13/04/2019
Maverick couldn't see a thing, so he believed Shade was doing a mock growl in order to scare away the creature wherever he was, but he found out to his shock that the iguanameleon was approaching, this time not even bothering to hide it's presence when it approached the beach.
"There! That beast still won't leave me alone? Not even with you here?" Maverick said hysterically, with the he creature stopping in it's tracks but still remaining in front of them. It didn't budge. It kept looking at Maverick with those creepy eyes. It wasn't looking at Shade, almost as if it didn't existed.
"Careful Oscurito. That thing may be slow and quite silly looking, but it's that tongue you have to be worried about." Maverick warned, getting behind Shade's paw. The beast may not be targeting Shade, but it still wanted him him, whether or not the dragolet was there. The creature didn't stop looking at him...
---
#648 Posted: 16:45:11 13/04/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade used his extra wing to protect Maverick. “Stay close to me.” He growled. “Take another step and I’ll kill you!” Shade wasn’t going to give second chances to those who attack his family. He wasn’t bluffing this time. Shade took a step forward to indicate he was meaning it.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:48:21 13/04/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#649 Posted: 19:05:23 13/04/2019
But the creature didn't move. Shade's threat only made him change his skin color to that of the sand and look at him, having an expression more out of stupidity than a dangerous creature.
"I... I don't think it can understand you Oscurito. I think it's only an animal." Maverick stated, with the iguanameleon still like it was dozing off. It looked at Shade with a bored expression, and then at Maverick. He believed the creature was waiting for Shade to distract himself or simply lose interest in Maverick. It baffled the hybrid how the thing didn't even seemed to flinch at Shade's threat, or even value it's own life. He could understand if it was an animal looking for food, but it was quite frustrating how it stubbornly wanted to keep targeting him in particular, having it's natural food source all around the island and even having Shade there threatening him and not seemingly caring.
---
#650 Posted: 19:09:59 13/04/2019 | Topic Creator
“I’ll try telepathy Maverick.” Shade said. ”beast! I mean it! Step back or I will kill you. Last warning!” he telepathed to the creature. He was slightly showing his teeth.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:10:45 13/04/2019 by Spyroconvexity
First | Previous | Page 13 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me