Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Which is your favourite Deady Sin?
Page 1 of 1
Which is your favourite Deady Sin?
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#1 Posted: 01:30:29 01/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Pride
"Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity."

Envy
"Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation. "

Gluttony
"Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires."

Lust
"Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body."

Anger
"Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath."

Greed
"Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness."

Sloth
"Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work."
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 01:36:42 01/02/2019
Pride
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#3 Posted: 01:40:05 01/02/2019
Anyone will tell you I'm wrath
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8936
#4 Posted: 02:00:38 01/02/2019
I’m a sloth boi
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#5 Posted: 02:05:31 01/02/2019
God, I'm envy all the way ..
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#6 Posted: 04:41:54 01/02/2019
It's supposed to be wrath, not anger, you fool
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#7 Posted: 11:38:17 01/02/2019
I think the cooler one is Lust because people often overlook what it *really* means. It's not just doing the dirty, it's craving instant pleasure from material things - it's a buying compulsion(hoarding is Greed), it's stomping on people's happiness if you're apathetic(wanting others' happiness is Envy), it's looking up on the internet for things you want to see RIGHT NOW, it's wanting videogame releases yesterday, it's not going a day without seeking out validation simply because it fills the void rather than wanting to know your work is appreciated.

Basically, Lust is a lot of sins and at the same time none of them, unlike Pride. And also really relevant to today's society!
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#8 Posted: 14:45:18 01/02/2019
I really like Daddy Sins.
---
Bruh
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10179
#9 Posted: 14:55:28 01/02/2019
I have no singular favourite but my equal top 3 is lust, gluttony and sloth.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Gharlant Green Sparx Gems: 479
#10 Posted: 17:49:39 01/02/2019
I hate all sins
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12132
#11 Posted: 19:18:46 01/02/2019
been feelin wrath a lot lately
Beemo Gold Sparx Gems: 2828
#12 Posted: 20:59:50 01/02/2019
Gluttony, Lust, Sloth, and Wrath are the ones I tend to abuse.
---
I hate this name and I want to change it.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#13 Posted: 21:31:39 01/02/2019
not really my favorite but im probably pride or smth
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#14 Posted: 00:16:32 02/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I was about to skin you alive for calling Wrath anger, but then I saw the description of it. You get half a pass. e.e

Quote: 84skylanderdude
It's supposed to be wrath, not anger, you fool

I was lazy and copy/pasted these from another website. I agree that wrath is more accurate since it implies more of praxis than theory.

Quote: Bifrost
I think the cooler one is Lust because people often overlook what it *really* means. It's not just doing the dirty, it's craving instant pleasure from material things - it's a buying compulsion(hoarding is Greed), it's stomping on people's happiness if you're apathetic(wanting others' happiness is Envy), it's looking up on the internet for things you want to see RIGHT NOW, it's wanting videogame releases yesterday, it's not going a day without seeking out validation simply because it fills the void rather than wanting to know your work is appreciated.

Basically, Lust is a lot of sins and at the same time none of them, unlike Pride. And also really relevant to today's society!

I perceive it to be want for beauty in general, not necessarily sexual desire, like a kind of greed. I suppose each of these mean something different but generally they all get perceived as something along the lines to what I mentioned in the OP.

~0~0~

My favourite is lust.
Emperor_Mustard Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#15 Posted: 04:49:53 02/02/2019
Gluttony isn't even that bad in modern society. During biblical times, famine was a big problem, for wealth was very poorly distributed and farming techniques weren't nearly as advanced as they are today. Today, even the poor are living better than many rich people did then. Eating rules!
---
And this battle shall be the delicious mustard on that bread! The mustard of your doom!
#16 Posted: 14:07:32 02/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: Emperor_Mustard
Gluttony isn't even that bad in modern society. During biblical times, famine was a big problem, for wealth was very poorly distributed and farming techniques weren't nearly as advanced as they are today. Today, even the poor are living better than many rich people did then. Eating rules!

It's still a kind of greed. Though I think because of this it might as well be lumped in with greed like avarice and covertness, Six Deadly Sins doesn't sound as good. There's also the slightly less minor sins of vanity and apathy... for some reason vanity was lumped in with pride here.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#17 Posted: 14:30:04 02/02/2019
Quote: Emperor_Mustard

Gluttony isn't restricted to food, it's about waste. It's VERY much a problem nowadays when we pack 3 slices of bread in plastic or throw out perfectly good food because there's an ugly bump on it. Not because it's a health concern (unlike say throwing out leftovers in a restaurant), it's simply because we can afford to.

Basically, the modern interpretations of sins are way more like this:

Pride: putting yourself as inherently above someone
Envy: Wanting someone else's feelings or belongings, not happy until they lose it or you take it from them
Gluttony: Wasteful consumption, getting more than you'll ever need and not using it
Greed: Wasteful hoarding, getting more than you'll never need for the sake of having more than others
Sloth: Apathy, you have the ability to do something good and you decide not to
Wrath: Overuse of violence and aggression. Hasn't really changed over the years, though now we can distinguish more between "yelling on the street" and "punching a retail worker for not giving you the thing you wanted"
Lust: Obession with instant material pleasure, rather than stopping to smell the roses. Doing many things for gratification's sake, not thinking about the long term or how long before the thing will run out/stop being fun.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:11:31 02/02/2019 by Bifrost
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#18 Posted: 18:28:37 02/02/2019
Big fan of lust.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#19 Posted: 07:45:00 04/02/2019
Quote: Bifrost
Lust: Obession with instant material pleasure, rather than stopping to smell the roses. Doing many things for gratification's sake, not thinking about the long term or how long before the thing will run out/stop being fun.

Now you're just describing Activision.

More like Lustivision am I right
---
Bruh
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me