Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Samius's P&Q #3: Deep **** Edition
Page 1 of 1
Samius's P&Q #3: Deep **** Edition
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#1 Posted: 21:05:17 31/01/2019 | Topic Creator
I have quite a list of questions saved up, some of which I have already asked you on similar topics before. Post on this topic and I will give you a question for you to try to answer.

I say "try", because a large portion of the questions are meant to be thought-provoking, complicated or otherwise difficult to give a clear answer to. Be as specific as you can, and don't be afraid to make an essay of your answer if you feel so inclined. Any discussion about other people's answers is also welcome, but do keep things civil.

I can also try to give you a more personalized question instead of picking one from the list, but unfortunately as I don't know most darkSpyro users that well, I can only do this for a handful of people.

Have fun!

Edit: If you're hardcore let me know it in your post. I can add extra conditions to your question, or ask you follow-up questions about your answer.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:10:28 31/01/2019 by Samius
#2 Posted: 21:17:19 31/01/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: FedUpWolf
Will fluffy kittens take over the world?

No, because they will always grow old and be kittens no longer.

Pick any quote, poem or a part of a script or song lyrics of your choosing. Give us your personal interpretation of it.
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#3 Posted: 21:39:30 31/01/2019
Will you ever reveal the true meaning behind Samius? Also if you did and I missed it, what is it?

I'm hardcore btw, give me a good one!
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#4 Posted: 21:46:26 31/01/2019
Oh I'm very interested! I can go for hardcore too!!

And what’s something most people love that you hate?

edits: sorry my spelling is horrid
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:47:22 31/01/2019 by Bolt
#5 Posted: 22:07:09 31/01/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: Vespi
Will you ever reveal the true meaning behind Samius? Also if you did and I missed it, what is it?

Well, my first name is Sami, which I believe you already know. I added "us" to the end of it to create a fantasy name for myself as a small kid, because I wanted to insert myself into stories of my own imagining. Later on it became my username of choice, from online forums to video games.

What do you believe makes a person good? Additionally, do you believe this "goodness" is relative or is it something fundamental? How do you measure up to your own standards?

Quote: Bolt

I confess that I sometimes dislike certain things simply because they appear popular, but the fact of the matter is that I don't really know what most people love, so it's all based on appearances. I guess TV would be an easy one. I haven't watched it with any measure of intent since I was 18.

I think I'll give you a personal one.

You are a skilled artist, and it's clear that you value artistic talent. Do you find meaning in the creation of art? If you could create a piece of art that would immortalize you in history, one that you would never be able to surpass, what would it be? What message would you try to send?
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#6 Posted: 23:46:39 31/01/2019
Quote: Samius
Quote: Bolt

I confess that I sometimes dislike certain things simply because they appear popular, but the fact of the matter is that I don't really know what most people love, so it's all based on appearances. I guess TV would be an easy one. I haven't watched it with any measure of intent since I was 18.

I'm going to confess the same thing, actually. It's not as bad as it once was, but I still won't want to watch/read something just because everyone else like it. It might not be the best mindset to have, but I think I'm definitely into the more obscure and less popular things ... maybe because it doesn't feel like it's forced pandering to a mass audience. I'm not criticising anyone who is into that at all, that's just my personal opinion. And I feel like my tastes don't really relate to what most people want to see anyway. I'm not saying I'm "not like all those other girls" or whatever, I just don't think most people are into dark stories from an animal's point of view! Because if more people were into these kinds of stories, there'd definitely be a lot more of them!!
But seriously, enjoy what you want! I'm not here to criticise what anyone likes, and I won't hold your tastes against you at all (unless it's gross and questionable content), even if I don't agree with it or I'm not into it.

I think I'll give you a personal one.

You are a skilled artist, and it's clear that you value artistic talent. Do you find meaning in the creation of art? If you could create a piece of art that would immortalize you in history, one that you would never be able to surpass, what would it be? What message would you try to send?

Thank you for giving me a personal question (and thank you for the lovely compliment too)!
Well, I'm going into my second year of art school this year and this is when we start to develop our body of work and think about what we want to say as artists. To me, art is very important both in the creation of it and the viewing of it because it stimulates the imagination, which is something we also need in the workplace to look for creative solutions. Art can be used to deliver a deep meaningful message, be it religious, spiritual, political, societal commentary ... or just a way to escape the monotony of everyday life. It doesn't need to be deep. It can just be something pretty to look at!
But what would I like to express in my art? Well, I've been researching it throughout the holidays and I'm definitely leaning towards life and death and the natural cycles and elements. I think all of my work will include underlying symbolism of the five elements; fire, water, air, earth, and aether (spirit). And I'm leaning towards ceramics at the moment because it includes process from all four elements. Earth is obvious because the clay comes from the earth. Water in the clay to keep it moist and malleable. Air for drying to make it easier to sculpt, and it needs to be air dried before firing. And fire for, well, firing it in the kiln. I guess the process of ceramics has become rather spiritual for me and that's a personal meaning I find in creating art, to feel connected to the world and it's elements. Another, more external reason I create art is because one day I hope to be able to share it with the world and communicate my ideas and stories with a larger audience (though I feel like that's ultimately every artist's goal aha). Like I mentioned, I'm interested in the cycles of the world and I think I'd like to share that idea. And mental illness too, but I haven't really delved that deep into it yet ... also because I feel like so many other people are exploring that idea that it's become a little too cliched. Ha, and look at me, wanting to talk about death in my art, like that's not a cliche? Well, what is, is what must be.
An artwork that I'd like to make would definitely involve elements and the animals and plants that symbolise them. I don't know if this would be my masterpiece work, because there are so many works I'd like to create eventually, but I think it definitely communicates the ideas and subject matters I'm most passionate about! It would be a set of four (fire, water, air and earth) and each artwork would be an animal relating to their element lying on the ground, with a plant relating to their element growing out from the chakra point in their body that that element represents. Air is the throat chakra, fire the sacral, water the heart, and earth the root. What would I like it to mean? Well, rebirth, I suppose. That everything goes away in the end, but from one thing's ending grows something else that is new and beautiful as well. I think I just want to communicate that change is okay and natural, and ultimately unavoidable. It's not something we should be afraid of. This is something I've battled with in my mind over the past two years and I guess I just want to share that thought.

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#7 Posted: 23:51:09 31/01/2019
Who are your favourite bands?
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#8 Posted: 00:40:44 01/02/2019
I guess uh, what made you decide to become a mod? You probably get asked that a lot.

I'm hardcore, hit me up
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:54:25 01/02/2019 by kardonis
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#9 Posted: 03:13:09 01/02/2019
Do you notice the coincidence between "Samius" and "Samus"? Do you like Metroid?
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#10 Posted: 03:26:46 01/02/2019
Quote: Vespi

Well, my first name is Sami, which I believe you already know. I added "us" to the end of it to create a fantasy name for myself as a small kid, because I wanted to insert myself into stories of my own imagining. Later on it became my username of choice, from online forums to video games.

What do you believe makes a person good? Additionally, do you believe this "goodness" is relative or is it something fundamental? How do you measure up to your own standards?

it's probably kind of arbitrary, but i measure people's "goodness" level essentially on basic superhero morals. think kindness, selflessness, willingness to sacrifice, willingness to help others, loyalty, stuff like that. i do think this "goodness" is fundamentally in most people, as naive as that sounds. obviously this doesnt apply to serial killers or terrorists or stuff like that, but i feel like in many of those cases people were swayed from what i believe is a basic trait of most people. if "goodness" in general isnt actually a part of human nature, i personally dont think we would have survived our earliest days. in the very beginning of civilization, we needed some sense of teamwork, kindness, all that jazz, so i dont think it's impossible that its human nature. im not sure if any of it makes sense, but that's what id like to believe anyways.

i want to say that i do, but my depression and anxiety clouds my own vision of myself. i think i meet some of my own criteria, but i think it's generally impossible to meet all of them. sure you could meet a lot of them, but no one is completely perfect or wholly good. id like to believe someday we could be though.

id love another one though! make it personal, im ready!
i guess my question for you would be how you feel about your military service! i dont think your country is in the same situation as others, so i was just wondering how you feel about it as a whole, how important it is to you, if you feel a sense of camaraderie, etc.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:30:26 01/02/2019 by Vespi
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me