Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Do you think murder should be legalised?
Page 1 of 1
Do you think murder should be legalised?
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#1 Posted: 17:17:09 29/01/2019 | Topic Creator
Yes or no? Explain your reasoning.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#2 Posted: 17:30:17 29/01/2019
No. It's not up to us to decide when other people leave this plane of existence. We are imperfect judges.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Gharlant Green Sparx Gems: 479
#3 Posted: 18:07:30 29/01/2019
It's already legal in all 50 states if the child is young enough
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:09:35 29/01/2019 by Gharlant
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#4 Posted: 18:38:36 29/01/2019
well hey, according to new york, murdering children is legal now
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#5 Posted: 18:46:38 29/01/2019
It's only legal to murder people who think murder should be legalised.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#6 Posted: 20:26:23 29/01/2019
Nah. Murder is an awful thing.

But, I'm curious Buchi, do you think murder should be legal?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12132
#7 Posted: 20:40:33 29/01/2019
as i often quote from pink flamingos: KILL EVERYONE NOW
BroGuy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1079
#8 Posted: 21:00:54 29/01/2019
Fu**

No
---
NoUb
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:01:14 29/01/2019 by BroGuy
#9 Posted: 21:06:22 29/01/2019 | Topic Creator
Gonna take a firm stance here and say it should be legalised. Survival of the Fittest should be brought back, Darwin is probably turning in his grave right now.

~0~0~

As far as I know murder has been illegal for at least a few centuries now. Maybe with a few exceptions, like dueling, but otherwise the idea of killing another human has been a big no-no. I made this topic as a joke because if you ever take anything from me seriously then honestly you're a little dense for lack of better word. If you want my honest opinion however, my only thought on this is that if it were legal we wouldn't bat an eye to this kind of thing. Alcohol is legal even though it's often considered to have more negative effects than positive yet cannabis, which has medical use, is still in debate. Then there's gun laws which I don't completely understand as a UK citizen but that seems kinda odd from over here.
At most, "is murder okay?" would be a question popping up in the news every now and then whenever someone famous gets killed but for the most part I doubt anyone would care. Survival of the fittest really would be in full effect. I can't really say if it'd be for better or for worse... on one hand, you could say many scientists and authors and such would never have the changed the world as they did if they so happened to be murdered before making their breakthrough, on the other hand criminals would never have committed their crimes either if they were killed beforehand. "Bad" people and "good" people could just as well be killed in equal measures and I think it would balance out more or less.
The only major change I can see happening would be a lower population rate, potentially allowing resources to be distributed more freely and lessening poverty rates or whatever. Furthermore, a return of this kind of Survival of the Fittest could even benefit society in a best case scenario, as people who are not "strong" (people who refuse to work, for example, because I can't think of anything better rn) might become easier targets for murder, thus resources wasted on them may instead go to someone who can make better use of it. Likewise, the fear of being murdered may motivate these kinds of people to rid themselves of their negative traits, turning into one of these scientists that could progress the world.
Basically, it's like the citizens themselves become the judges. Full democracy in the grimmest possible way. If there is someone society doesn't like, they're easily disposed of. It's such a wild concept that there's no way to tell what would happen. Democracy has always been something everyone wants, but in this way I expect it's the point when it would be taken too far. Too much of a good thing? That's a fair explanation of legalising murder. From my perspective, something like this really is little more than extreme democracy. A return of Survival of the Fittest when only the strongest survive... no, maybe not democracy so much when only the strong have a say and the weak are left to bleed. For the most part you would either need to get stronger or accept death.
People like me would easily be killed though so if I fully supported this so much it'd be like I was signing my own death warrant. I guess I'd accept that if legalised murder did have a positive effect but again there's no way to tell until it is legal, by which point it may be too late.

I have no idea if what I posted sounded coherent or anything. This is why I never get serious, because most times my thoughts end up like this.

~0~0~

On the topic of legalised murder, however, there's this really good book called Battle Royale that everyone should read. 42 children get sent to an island where they're forced to kill eachother until only one person survives. It often brings up the issue of whether or not murder is okay (obviously) and the effects of forced murder. Even if you're not interested on the issue of whether or not murder is okay you should read it anyway because it's a good book.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#10 Posted: 21:25:56 29/01/2019
Quote: FedUpWolf
Quote: Bolt

I made a really unfunny, hurtful and offensive 'joke' at the start of this thread. In short I would like to say I am very sorry and I have no excuses. You do not have to talk to me, but I want to stress that I do not want to do anything like this again and give you the apology you deserve. I would like to take action in ensuring I won't do this again, by thinking and assessing my emotions before I post here and considering the full seriousness of murder and certain topics, topics I should never 'joke' about, not that those were excuses but those are what I think I need to do to properly sort this out.

Oh gosh no I was just making a joke too!! I'm not angry with you I'm so sorry that you thought that!! No no, please, it's okay! I'm so sorry! You're fine!! I was mostly aiming this at buchi anyway but it was totally a joke. ;~;
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#11 Posted: 21:30:16 29/01/2019
Quote: Sesshomaru75
this topic reeks of lack of originality e.e

ANSWER THE QUESTION
#12 Posted: 22:04:30 29/01/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: FedUpWolf

I made a really unfunny, hurtful and offensive 'joke' at the start of this thread. In short I would like to say I am very sorry and I have no excuses. You do not have to talk to me, but I want to stress that I do not want to do anything like this again and give you the apology you deserve. I would like to take action in ensuring I won't do this again, by thinking and assessing my emotions before I post here and considering the full seriousness of murder and certain topics, topics I should never 'joke' about, not that those were excuses but those are what I think I need to do to properly sort this out.

Oh gosh no I was just making a joke too!! I'm not angry with you I'm so sorry that you thought that!! No no, please, it's okay! I'm so sorry! You're fine!! I was mostly aiming this at buchi anyway but it was totally a joke. ;~;

I will only allow myself to be murdered if the cause of death if being choked by Yuuka. Until then I'm basically immortal.

this topic reeks of lack of originality e.e

You didn't answer the question. Either way, if you want originality maybe we should have another ask trend. For originality.
#13 Posted: 22:17:46 29/01/2019 | Topic Creator
i don't have to answer, for i already know mine : )

You're going to say something about how you're God or something I assume?
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#14 Posted: 22:22:57 29/01/2019
crime is illegal
#15 Posted: 22:27:01 29/01/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: Vespi
crime is illegal

But if murder is legalised then it's no longer a crime and therefore legal. Checkmate.
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#16 Posted: 22:32:36 29/01/2019
Quote: Buchi
crime is illegal

But if murder is legalised then it's no longer a crime and therefore legal. Checkmate.

this is a forum for a purple dragon
#17 Posted: 22:35:08 29/01/2019
crime is illegal

yeah but he never logs on anyway
#18 Posted: 23:34:19 29/01/2019
Quote: Carmelita Fox

That's what they all say. We don't know
---
NoUb
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#19 Posted: 03:08:13 30/01/2019
oh no what if activision/tfb reads this forum
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#20 Posted: 03:11:39 30/01/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: ThunderEgg

Then Sky7 will be a GTA ripoff.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#21 Posted: 03:11:43 30/01/2019
yes so somebody can finally give me the death i deserve
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7713
#22 Posted: 03:50:15 30/01/2019
Quote: Carmelita Fox

this topic is worrying me but this is going straight in the guestbook, thank you for again providing me with forum gold
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#23 Posted: 04:26:48 30/01/2019
Quote: ThunderEgg

They've reported this thread to the police. Everybody is going to gay baby jail now.
---
NoUb
Beemo Gold Sparx Gems: 2828
#24 Posted: 21:04:04 01/02/2019
No. Taking the life of someone else is one of the most despicable things anyone could do.
---
I hate this name and I want to change it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:04:22 01/02/2019 by Beemo
#25 Posted: 00:11:48 02/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: Beemo
No. Taking the life of someone else is one of the most despicable things anyone could do.

Pineapple pizza is pretty bad too. As a species, we sin constantly yet never repent. We need another calamity like the Black Plague or whatever that's called to get us back on track.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me