Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > What do you think the afterlife is?
Page 1 of 1
What do you think the afterlife is?
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#1 Posted: 17:01:13 21/01/2019 | Topic Creator
Heaven/Hell, purgatory, oblivion, etc.? What do you think happens when we die?
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#2 Posted: 17:29:37 21/01/2019
I always think one of three things:

1. reincarnation (human, animal, male, female - completely random)
2. heaven (i had a really vivid dream about heaven once so i imagined it like that)
3. nothing. lights out. like it was before you were born.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#3 Posted: 18:30:45 21/01/2019
Do you remember anything from before you were born? Yeah, well, it's probably like that.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#4 Posted: 07:52:07 22/01/2019
reincarnated as a ****head 12 year old

so yeah
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#5 Posted: 08:25:20 22/01/2019
There’s nothing
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#6 Posted: 14:21:40 22/01/2019
HFIL and you get to fight cell and frieza
#7 Posted: 16:53:43 22/01/2019 | Topic Creator
It'd be kinda depressing if we just vanished into oblivion, if there's anything like that I'm hoping it's like going to sleep and you wake up reincarnated. An eternity of nothingness would be pretty ****ty.
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#8 Posted: 08:46:55 23/01/2019
I'd like there to be a Heaven where I can do whatever I want in my own plane of existence, but I doubt that's the case. The idea of Heavens and Hells are comforting to some, though prone to exploitation as we've seen over millennia. Whatever floats your boat. If I'm worm food, at least I won't be expected to do much talking.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#9 Posted: 18:16:22 23/01/2019
We all live on a T-rex 10 times the size the univere
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#10 Posted: 18:30:00 23/01/2019
https://www.mormon.org/blog/wh...t-the-afterlife
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#11 Posted: 18:48:02 23/01/2019
Quote: ThunderEgg

actually this, can't wait to get my own planet
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#12 Posted: 19:18:09 23/01/2019
If there is an afterlife, perhaps every trial in our life is just a judgment of our soul and we are placed into either A. Good Place B. Medium Place or C. Bad place

The good place is for exceptionally good people
the medium place is for average people and is the most commonly sent place
and the bad place is for the lowest scum of the earth like the Nazis.

BUT at the same time, alternative universes still exist and thus multiple versions of this hypothetical afterlife exist
maybe in one alternate universe you were MUCH more evil and killed a lot of people,
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Currently dating someone
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#13 Posted: 19:48:17 23/01/2019
Quote: Buchi
It'd be kinda depressing if we just vanished into oblivion, if there's anything like that I'm hoping it's like going to sleep and you wake up reincarnated. An eternity of nothingness would be pretty ****ty.

At least, if you vanish into oblivion, then your mind also vanishes into oblivion so you don't have to worry about vanishing into oblivion.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#14 Posted: 21:32:12 23/01/2019
Quote: Big Green
Quote: ThunderEgg

actually this, can't wait to get my own planet

heck, let's be space gods together smilie
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#15 Posted: 22:09:42 23/01/2019
Quote: KrystalLBX
If there is an afterlife, perhaps every trial in our life is just a judgment of our soul and we are placed into either A. Good Place B. Medium Place or C. Bad place

BUT at the same time, alternative universes still exist and thus multiple versions of this hypothetical afterlife exist
maybe in one alternate universe you were MUCH more evil and killed a lot of people,

One of my favourite episodes in Red Dwarf was when the space-faring Inquisitor would have the characters judge themselves to see if they were worthy of life. What I'm trying to get at is what morality system does this afterlife have? Everyone's the hero of their own story, even the lowest scum of the Earth; you only view yourself as the villain if you have low self esteem or are a cartoon character, but even then that would imply you know of "good".

When you throw alternative universes into the mix, this becomes a lot more complicated.... but interesting. Does the afterlife have multiple versions of itself? Do they judge one another? Is there an alternative universe where the afterlife doesn't exist? smilie
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#16 Posted: 02:38:58 24/01/2019
Quote: Johnbonne
Quote: KrystalLBX

One of my favourite episodes in Red Dwarf was when the space-faring Inquisitor would have the characters judge themselves to see if they were worthy of life. What I'm trying to get at is what morality system does this afterlife have? Everyone's the hero of their own story, even the lowest scum of the Earth; you only view yourself as the villain if you have low self esteem or are a cartoon character, but even then that would imply you know of "good".

When you throw alternative universes into the mix, this becomes a lot more complicated.... but interesting. Does the afterlife have multiple versions of itself? Do they judge one another? Is there an alternative universe where the afterlife doesn't exist? smilie

The multiverses dont know of each other
but at the same time there are universes that knows OF the others
And yes, there is an universe where it doesnt exist.

Every different way something could happen is another universe

There is even an universe where I am a mod on darkspyro
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Currently dating someone
Beemo Gold Sparx Gems: 2828
#17 Posted: 03:55:14 24/01/2019
I honestly don't know.
---
I hate this name and I want to change it.
Spyroboy Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12070
#18 Posted: 04:37:43 24/01/2019
Nothing except a good old dirt nap of eternal slumber while bugs and maggots eat your rotting flesh.
---
「恋愛なんてだっさー‼ヤングは迷わずテクノブレイク一択でしょ‼」
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#19 Posted: 05:30:56 24/01/2019
worms getting turnt up in my corpse
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#20 Posted: 12:12:51 24/01/2019
im not really atheist or religious. I used to be dead set atheist but lately my mindset started changing. so I'm not really sure. I'd like to think the afterlife is whatever you think it would be
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10179
#21 Posted: 15:57:07 24/01/2019
It is like the time before you were born. So nothing in individual's point of view.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
#22 Posted: 18:53:08 24/01/2019 | Topic Creator
I believe the afterlife is the world we see in our dreams, however, since we cannot comprehend this world we try to make up different explanations for what happens (e.g. if I saw someone I've never met before I might wake up thinking I dreamt of Laharl because he's someone I recognize). So our dreams do make sense, we wouldn't comprehend them however because it's a whole different world, which would be our afterlife. Then maybe once we reincarnate into the afterlife we might dream of this world, saying this world doesn't make any sense because we in turn cannot comprehend this one.
I've always believed this, still believe it now. It just feels... kind of, I dunno, believable? There's somthing about it that I like. Besides, I've seen people I've never met in my dreams and been to places I've never visited in my dreams without knowing how I could even come up with any of this, sometimes they'll show up in later dreams too. I think there's at least a little to this theory. And I certainly hope it's real because I'll take all of this over eternal damnation or a cold empty void.

TL;DR I believe that our dreams show us what happens in the afterlife.
Emperor_Mustard Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#23 Posted: 02:09:19 26/01/2019
If you consider the multiverse theory, then there could be an infinite number of afterlives you could get copied into when you die. I don't know if there is one true final destination, but I'd rather take my chances with one of these dimensions than to have to be a baby again and lose all of the progress I've made my entire life, for our experiences and memories shape us. Even if nothing happens after death, I would rather cease to exist than to have to go through babyhood again. At least I would still have my dignity intact.
---
And this battle shall be the delicious mustard on that bread! The mustard of your doom!
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12132
#24 Posted: 05:59:26 27/01/2019
Quote: Project_Unnamed
It is like the time before you were born. So nothing in individual's point of view.

agreed
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#25 Posted: 06:05:17 27/01/2019
being completely honest i dont think theres anything after death. i just dont. it doesnt make any sense and the idea that anything would ever come after was invented by people to ease the fear of death. people cling so hard to the idea that something comes next so they arent terrified of living their lives. and thats okay. if someone has to believe in a higher power to live their lives without fear so crippling it keeps them from actually living then so be it. but i think we all know deep down theres nothing waiting for us
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me