Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > When should you say "I love you"?
Page 1 of 1
When should you say "I love you"?
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#1 Posted: 20:05:56 03/01/2019 | Topic Creator
I saw my brother's messages the other week because he'd recorded a video of his messages with his """girlfriend""" lol for whatever reason ... probably to send to his friends (they come up on my sister's ipad because his phone and her ipad are connected, and that's where i saw the videos). They'd only been """going out""" for not even a week and i noticed they were already saying "I love you" to one another. She broke it off with him in the messages I saw as she just wanted to stay friends ... but thats a whole other story.
And that made me question, when should you start saying "I love you" in a relationship? What do you think?
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12132
#2 Posted: 20:25:23 03/01/2019
never
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#3 Posted: 21:22:50 03/01/2019
Questions like this are pretty subjective, since everyone has different opinions on "when a couple should say what" or "when a couple should do this." So, here are my two cents on this question.

First, I think there are two different "I love you"s.

There are the casual ones you say to your partner, because it honestly feels kind of weird not to say it, even if you aren't sure you love them. They're the quick "love you!" when you say goodbye to your partner on the phone, or the "oh my god I love you" when your partner is doing something you find charming. Saying the casual "love you" is sort of like an auditory cue of the relationship, to not only others, but to you and your partner.

Then there is the real deal, the whole hog, "I love you." That's the one that people try to put a timestamp on, and honestly I don't blame them. People worry that saying it too early is a sign of rushing into things, and saying it too late might make their partner leave out of impatience. Then there is that question of "Do I love them? Or am I infatuated?" Things like that should be given time to figure out if you aren't sure, but honestly, things like emotions should never have a timestamp on them. If you feel it, then you feel it. If you don't, then you don't.

Emotions are spontaneous. We can interpret emotions when they happen, which is called emotional intelligence, but we cannot accurately predict who will feel what or when they'll feel it. It's like when your friend tells you "Oh my god, you HAVE to go see this movie, you will CRY!!" But when you actually go see the movie, you don't cry at all. That's because your friend experiences emotions differently than you. Everyone experiences emotions differently than you, which is why something so geared behind emotions like romantic relationships are hard to put labels on.

It took my sister seven whole years to marry her husband, and it took my own parents not even one year into their relationship to marry each other. It doesn't mean that my sister didn't love my brother in-law any less than my parents had love each other. Both are still very married and very in love with each other. The topic on "when a couple should get married," I have other additional opinions about, but it's similar in nature with this topic.

It's just like saying the big "I love you." If you feel you are ready to say it, then you should say it. That feeling is going to arrive at different times for people, and couples may act upon it sooner or later. I feel like your brother was just saying it casually, but who knows, he may have legitimately loved this girl with all of his heart.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
Spyroboy Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12070
#4 Posted: 08:20:29 04/01/2019
I'd say you shouldn't say it to someone unless you actually mean it. There's a huge difference between liking someone, like when you first get together, and actually loving someone. I think it depends on the couple though. I know two people who said it to each other after only 3 weeks, then a month after that they got engaged, then a year later they got married.
---
「恋愛なんてだっさー‼ヤングは迷わずテクノブレイク一択でしょ‼」
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#5 Posted: 08:26:22 04/01/2019
never
**** on the first date and then go on a cross country trip to avoid meaningful personal growth
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#6 Posted: 09:12:41 04/01/2019
shoot your load and hit the road
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#7 Posted: 15:22:57 04/01/2019
I knew my current boyfriend for over 3 years prior to us going out, but it still felt really soon when he said it only a week into our relationship. Of course it was online, so the context was tough to judge, but it felt really sudden and honestly scared me quite a bit.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#8 Posted: 16:02:13 04/01/2019
I say "I love you" to my GF all the time but she never responds. I dunno what's wrong :/
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#9 Posted: 16:18:13 04/01/2019
when they finally notice you watching them from the bushes
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#10 Posted: 17:02:20 05/01/2019
When it feels right. Not as a manipulation.

I've experienced manipulation "I love you's" and actual love "I love you's". Ones coming from love feel warm to say and receive. Manipulation ones just feel wrong/empty.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#11 Posted: 23:33:56 05/01/2019
2nd date
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Currently dating someone
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#12 Posted: 00:30:52 06/01/2019
Quote: KrystalLBX
2nd date

WHAT.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#13 Posted: 00:38:12 06/01/2019
Quote: KrystalLBX
2nd date

No, no, second date is when you skip the whole thing and go straight to sex.
#14 Posted: 00:59:40 06/01/2019
Quote: Sesshomaru75
then u stick it in her and pee

Don't forget to wear a condom. Safety first!
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#15 Posted: 17:48:38 06/01/2019
Only after she buys you at least 5 Skylanders.
---
Bruh
DeathOfADream Yellow Sparx Gems: 1510
#16 Posted: 18:56:19 08/01/2019
After a minimum of two months, but even that’s pushing it. I’d personally wait till like, the third or fourth month.

Quote: Buchi
Quote: Sesshomaru75
then u stick it in her and pee

Don't forget to wear a condom. Safety first!

pee in condom
---
”I am not everything you thought that I would be
But every story I have told is part of me.”
Beemo Gold Sparx Gems: 2828
#17 Posted: 22:02:03 10/01/2019
When you say "I love you."
---
I hate this name and I want to change it.
Riolu-Blue-247 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8843
#18 Posted: 22:56:12 10/01/2019
I think "I love you" in any context should only be said when you feel it. No one should feel obligated to say it ever, not even to family or as a response to someone else telling you that they love you. It may just be words, but it's important you don't feel forced in using the words.
However I also believe it should be used a bit more freely, I think that loving people in any context, friend-wise, partner-wise and family-wise should be spoken of a bit more and so if you *do* feel it you shouldn't feel ashamed of saying it to the person.
---
I just realised that I might not know what the hell is going on
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me