Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > I need some help with an issue I'm having
Page 1 of 1
I need some help with an issue I'm having
exefile Yellow Sparx Gems: 1783
#1 Posted: 06:32:28 10/12/2018 | Topic Creator
I am SAD because I'm trying to do something every night and it never works.
Every night before bed, I play or watch videos about Conker hoping him (or anything in the game) would appear in my dreams.
EVERY time I try to do this I always have some stupid dream about going to school.

HOW do I fix this? It doesn't even have to be a good dream, it could be a scary nightmare about being eaten by zombies or getting operated by tedi surgeons or something just ANYTHING!

The closest I've had was about some level that the developers said didn't get in, that's the only good dream I've had this year.
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:29:32 11/12/2018 by exefile
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#2 Posted: 13:54:36 10/12/2018
Lol I had a dream about my waifu last night and I wasn't even trying. You just suck at dreams n00b.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#3 Posted: 21:07:19 10/12/2018
Don't try to force yourself to dream about something. It should come about naturally and from your subconscious -- by stuffing what you want to dream about into your conscious brain, you're only going to make yourself frustrated and bored about the subject.

Try thinking about why you want to dream about it. Or maybe gently meditate about it before you go to bed.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#4 Posted: 22:19:23 10/12/2018
By the way, if I'm correct, what you're trying to do is called lucid dreaming. You might be able to find some stuff about in online. I found a few useful tips on Reddit iirc. One tip is to try teaching yourself to recognize when you're awake by doing things that would be impossible in dreams, like clapping your hands together occasionally (in dreams your hands might go through eachother or something I can't remember how it worked). Once you get used to it you'll start doing it subconsciously and only recognize what you're doing when it doesn't work right.

Overall I think the best way is to just keep thinking about it and nothing else kind of like an obsession. Like having my wallpaper as a jumpscare, although it has kept me awake on a few occasions it has also worked its way into my dreams because I don't forget it easily. Though nicer images are usually harder to remember to that extent so I have no idea how that'd work. Again just try looking up tips on lucid dreaming.
#5 Posted: 06:05:38 11/12/2018 | Topic Creator
Ok so something interesting happened last night, I went back to a Youtube channel that I haven't watched in a month and watched them for 10 minutes, and I had a dream all about it.
I also ate more food than I usually do that day so I had a dream about food as well (also something to do with some demonic bug I don't know where that came from).

About not trying to think too hard about it, that's kinda difficult because I usually am always thinking about something Conker related, I'm usually saying some quote from the game in (infrequent) conversations. It's stuck in my head and I love it. I can't go a second forgetting Conker is a thing.

I actually remember the one time I had a dream about Conker I had only watched a 15 minute video about it for the day, that was before I owned the game, now I have both versions and one of them is accessible literally anytime I want.

I'll try and look into more stuff if the constant dreams about literally going to school make me go crazy but for now I'll see if that one night changes anything about my boring dreams.

Should also mention that I'll try changing my background into that horrific surgery scene and see if that haunts me (hopefully it does).

Edit: The picture on it's own isn't scary without the music and sound effects + my screen is covered in sticky notes (about guess what: Conker)
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:10:44 11/12/2018 by exefile
#6 Posted: 12:05:38 11/12/2018
Well I'm not sure if that would help exactly, my jumpscare background wasn't intended for helping lucid dreams but more to help me stop being scared of it. I have no idea if it actually helps. I'm mostly basing my theory off nightmare logic that watching scary movies and such gives you nightmares because they stick in your mind much longer... might keep you awake too and that's not good.

Just look up tips on lucid dreaming. I've forgotten a lot by now but some of it was pretty helpful iirc, one Reddit post I found also gave tips on how to escape nightmares too.
#7 Posted: 21:28:50 11/12/2018 | Topic Creator
YEEES I FINALLY GOT 2 GOOD DREAMS!!

One of them involved me playing the final chapter of Conker (finally), but instead of him doing what he usually does he's hacking a computer, it may not sound interesting but I enjoyed it after several monts of boring school dreams.

I also got one where I watched some random guy play some ROM hack (which isn't real unfortunately) which is about what the tediz were doing during the war chapter.

Hopefully this isn't a one off thing and I get more consistently good dreams but I'll just have to wait until tonight.
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me